[PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts

Spell & AoE Templates

Need to Contact Me?:

If you need to contact me offsite, you can reach me at my email:

freakymagnet@gmail.com


51 to 100 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

"Should jus' go. Let 'em try to stop us. B@llocks." Bad Seed mutters, to no one in particular.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Tacca nods in acknowledgement of Bad Seed's vote. "Anybody else interested in hiring a guide? I could spare a few gold. Why not find out what it might cost?"

Tacca starts making inquiries.

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

(Tacca would like to contribute to hiring a local guide.)

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Well, a few gold, maybe. I'm saving for my guns though, so not too expensive okay?"

I have about 14gp, happy to contribute if cost is manageable otherwise I say go for the Captain's suggestion of scouting ahead of the path.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

If we can find an affordable guide, I will put my fair share in. If not, we will manage somehow,


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

With the group in tentative agreement to hire a local guide - or at least see what one might cost them - Tacca begins making some inquiries near the docks and within some of the local watering holes close by. After a bit of searching, the group is directed to a tall, skinny-looking fellow sitting on a nearby street corner. He's dressed in surprisingly earthy greens and browns and appears to be counting a meager number of coins spread out on the ground before him. A large brown dog dozes by his side. At the sound of your approaching footsteps, he looks up. His eyes widen with surprise.

"Like, wow! I'm so hungry I'm seeing things," he blinks. The dog stirs, raising its head to stare at the tangle of leshies. "Ruby, are you seeing what I'm seeing? It's a walking salad bar!"

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Friend, I'll warn you this once. I don't truck with those with a taste for their veggies. You keep your cravings to meat, we might have a job for you," Tacca cautions the man.

"We're looking for a guide, one familiar with the route from here to Mercy. You interested?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

The man quickly puts his hands up in a placating gesture. "Whoa man, I'm sorry! None of you are on the menu, got it. Ruby and I, we like meat better anyway, don't we girl?"

*RHEAH!* the dog seemingly barks in agreement, tongue lolling out.

"Anyway, like, you guys need a guide?" he continues, pulling himself to his feet. "We can do that, can't we Ruby? Me and Ruby, we do all sorts of odd jobs to get by and guiding's one of 'em! We'll get you there safe and sound...er, um, hopefully, anyway."

He glances towards the southern horizon, a bit nervously. "Like, we're not really fighters though, you know? But we're real good at keeping out of trouble - we've had a lot of practice at it. Like, a lot."

"But anyway, we'd love to help you guys out if you'll have us. Even just a couple of silver'd be fine, we'll take anything!"

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Sounds like this guy really needs the job.

Sense Motive, is he just so desperate he will take any job or can he do it?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Yeah...wonderful roll there!

Regardless of result

Captain Chlorophyll gets out a gold coin and hands it to Tacca. “Here is my share.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Man with a dog can't be all bad. Just make sure he pees on rock when you're with us, okay?"

Tacca flips the man the two silver he said was his fee. "Put your money away, Cap'n C. I got this."

Sheesh. Man asks for a couple of silver, and the brother whips out gold. Definitely not Exchange faction.

"Let's hit the trail, mister. Ruby give you a name?"

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Thanks for paying the man, Tacca. When it comes to saving for my guns, every copper counts!"

"Let's go Ruby and Ruby's human!"

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

The Captain watches Tacca give the man the minimum pay.

We are going to be traveling the Mana Wastes. This isn’t some simple trip through Taldor. We really should pay better than that...

Rather than put the coin away, they give it directly to the man.

I hope you know your way around. We can handle the fighting, but if you can lead us there without any fights that would be fine by me.

Extending some tendrils to ‘shake hands’, they say “I’m Captain Chlorophyll, Green Knight of Taldor, Defender of Gourd! I don’t believe you said what your name was.

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Motueka gets distracted in each of the watering holes tasting then insulting the beverages offered. When the group finally finds a guide it offers to pitch in for the fee.

"Won't be spending any more on nourishment here so might as well pay the man! Ruby and Me? Dauswil and Motueka." the introductions go.

Wasn't seeing notifications for this one for some reason.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Captain C.:

He seems quite sincere about his and Ruby's capabilities!

"Oh gee, wow! All that money? You guys sure are swell," the man beams, eagerly offering his hand (and stooping down a bit) to Captain Chlorophyll and anyone else who wants to shake. "Name's Norville but uh...just call me Norv, that's fine. Anyway, like, it's great to meet everyone and Ruby and I are happy to be your guides out to Mercy!"

Quite excited, Norv scoops up his ratty-looking pack and gives Ruby a gentle nudge with his foot. "Hey, Ruby! C'mon, we're gonna guide these nice people out to Mercy, okay? And when we get there we'll have all the food we can eat!"

At the mention of the word 'food', Ruby excitedly leaps to her feet and bounces about, panting and sending slobber flying in all directions. "Hah! Thatta girl, Ruby! Time to earn our pay!" Norv grins, hefting his pack and beckoning everyone to follow him.
____________

Another post to follow, please stand by! Also, I'll PM the folks that haven't posted yet to make sure they're getting campaign updates.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Behind the Scenes:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

.....

Explosive Runes!

Eager to be shut of stinky and smoggy Alkenstar, you all quickly gather your things, shoulder your packs, and make your way out of the city. Upon hearing your desire to follow the southern road without actually traveling it, Norv frowns for a moment and then nods. "It'll take us a little longer since the terrain won't be like, flat the entire way there but yeah, we can do that. And Ruby, she may not look like it but she's got a sharp nose! If anything gets too close or we get too close to it, she'll be able to sniff it out! Right girl?"

*RHEAH!*

And so Norv begins to lead you on a course that, while not actually traveling the road itself, roughly follows it as it winds away into the wastes. The going is definitely a little slower than it would have been on the road, and owing to the tangle's shorter strides, but with Norv and Ruby leading at the front you make slow but steady progress as the sun journeys across the now-blessedly-open sky above. Open desert and rocky terrain stretch as far as the eye can see, dotted here and there with tough, gnarly scrub brush. An occasional tumbleweed blows past, but it otherwise seems quite desolate and empty. Eventually, the dirt road begins to wind through rocky, tree-lined hills. Sporadic clearings occur where large sections of trees have been destroyed or damaged. Some are only missing a few branches, while others have been split almost in half vertically or chopped down to a short stump. The exposed wood is black and perfectly smooth. One such clearing reveals the opening of a narrow cave in the hillside. The trail splits, leading both into the cave and off to the north.

Kn. Nature (DC 15):

As you draw closer and have a better look at the damaged trees, you realize that the wood isn’t black at all - it’s actually burnt sap.

Perception (DC 15):

That’s strange...with as many of these trees that have been destroyed, shouldn’t there be a lot more debris lying around?

____________

One last short post incoming!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Up in front, Ruby suddenly stops and sniffs the at the ground before fearfully tucking her tail between her legs and uttering a low whine. Norv pales and swallows nervously.

"Like...I don't want to scare you or anything but I think there's something creeping about," he whispers fearfully. "Somewhere up ahead! Maybe...maybe you guys should go first and like, check it out?"

Current Map!
____________

Feel free to move yourselves about on the map as you please and let me know if you can't move your tokens.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Kn: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

As the group gets closer to the trees, Captain Chlorophyll gets a sad expression on their face. “The trees sap is burnt!

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Moving up next to Norv, Captain Chlorophyll whispers to him “You and Ruby stay safe here. We will handle this,

He then tries to move up quietly, using the edge of the ridge as cover.
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

I can move the token. Willing to go as far as end of the ridge sneaking.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Perception DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"Right behind you, Cap'n." Tacca whispers and follows.
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Could have been fire, or black powder, but... isn't it strange that there's no debris around all these poor dead trees? Something's not right here. Be alert!"

Boom Sticks creeps up towards the front, his hammer at the ready.

stealth: 1d20 + 4 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 3 - 1 = 24 Does not include Forest stealth modifier.

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Motueka takes a moment before following to assist his spirit in reaching further into the Material realm. Manifesting as Ectoplasmic.

"Dauswil, it may be time to share that despair you carry on your shoulders." he says with a bit of sorrow.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Lightning?" Motueka thinks while following.


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Very well, it may not end well for any of us." the ectoplasmic Dauswil whispers in a warbling tone.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

From his new position, Tacca takes another look around. "Y'all see anything?"
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Oakley moves forward, slowly but methodically.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Behind the Scenes:

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"R-right...Ruby and I, we'll, like, stay here and uh...guard the trail!" Norv whispers, nodding furiously in agreement with Captain Chlorophyll. The pair do just that as the leshy tangle begin to creep forward up the ridge and along the trail, eyes open for trouble...all except for Poison Oakley who simply moves ahead as though taking a leisurely stroll down a country lane.

What with Norv and Ruby's advance warning none of you are particularly surprised when, from around a large boulder near the top of the hill, comes a low growl. A hyena-headed creature with patchy, matted fur reveals itself, as does a smaller, canine-like beast that slinks out of the shadows. The hyena-headed creature raises a longbow and takes aim at Tacca, acidic green drool pouring from its ravenous maw. Most surprising and disturbing of all, however, is the realization that one of the creature's legs appears to be twisted and deformed, resembling a great overgrown vine!

Who Goes First?:

Captain C. Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Boom Sticks Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Motueka Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Bad Seed Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Poison Oakley Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tacca: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Dauswil Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

G: 1d20 ⇒ 5
H: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Kn. Dungeoneering (DC 12):

This deformed-looking creature is actually a gnoll, likely mutated by a life of hardship here in the Mana Wastes.

For every 5 that you beat the DC to identify, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Kn. Nature (DC 11):

This canine creature is a hyena. They are known to be wily scavengers and for their rather ‘laugh-like’ bark.

For every 5 that you beat the DC to identify, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.


____________

Round 1

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll
Tacca
Boom Sticks

============
Beast
============
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley
============
Mutant Thing

Active Conditions: None

Bad Seed, Captain C., Tacca and Boom Sticks are UP!

Current Map!

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"BOOM! Stay behind me, friends! Those things will have to get by me first!"

Boom Sticks advances, the point of their polearm thrust forward, and sets the but of the weapon into the sod. Brace against charge, and activate savage tech rage; current AC = 19

ready action, attack vs enemy that charges (brace):
hammer attack, rage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8damage, brace, rage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (6, 8) + 12 = 26

AoOs if triggered (combat reflexes means I get up to 6, and my reach is 10'):
Hammer AoO 1, rage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15damage 1: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Hammer AoO 2, rage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21damage 2: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Hammer AoO 3, rage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24damage 3: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
I think that's probably enough dice.

GM:
Boom Sticks was made by a Gnoll druid (see background on char sheet). Would they recognise a mutant gnoll, even if they wouldn't know its powers or abilities?

Hopefully I'm not going to get in the way of our ranged attacks.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Ready for action, Boom Sticks advances to the front and braces his polearm in the ground should either the canine-creature or the hyena-headed mutant charge!

Boom Sticks:

Given your background, I'll say yes - this is absolutely a mutated gnoll and is probably much less of a startling sight to you given that you've been 'raised' in the Mana Wastes.

____________

Round 1

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll
Tacca

Boom Sticks (Braced; Readied Action)
============
Beast
============
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley
============
Mutant Thing

Active Conditions: None

Bad Seed, Captain C. and Tacca are UP!

Current Map!

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

The beasts look familiar to Boom Sticks - Perhaps they know the Maker?

"I navnet til Maker Gnashbakk, la oss passere!"

Sylvan:
"In the name of Maker Gnashbakk, let us pass!"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

The hyena-headed creature cocks its head to one side as Boom Sticks calls out to it and then utters a series of strange, raspy barking-sounds; the creature sounds confused and angry.

"A pain mapyawwtaat! Hcakarr mapyawwtaat lhoet yuusataal mahote a pain! A pain aahcarraahcar myarrmhar!"

Gnoll:

"Plants speak! Plants not supposed to speak! Plants are food!"

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
"It's a bloody mutant gnoll! Its resistances include ____, and its special attacks include ____."

Tacca moves behind the large rocks south of the creatures, debating whether to go around or climb up and jump down on their foes.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Kn: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Kn: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The four legged creature is called a hyena, and their bark almost sounds like laugh. They are known to be tricky creatures!

Captain Chlorophyll moves forward, drawing forth a seed pod as he goes.

Double move. Next round most likely throw the seed pod.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Both Tacca and Captain Chlorophyll spring into action, advancing toward their foes as they attempt to discern just what it is that they're dealing with. While Captain Chlorophyll isn't able to tell much about the mangy-looking canine beyond it being a hyena, Tacca has heard something about these mutant Mana Waste gnolls. He knows that they've grown to be resistant to magical energy as well as to any weapon that isn't crafted from cold iron. But they don't have any unusual attacks that he's aware of, which is something!

DR 5/cold iron & SR 13.
____________

Round 1

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll
Tacca
Boom Sticks (Braced; Readied Action)
============
Beast
============
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley
============
Mutant Thing

Active Conditions: None

Bad Seed is UP!

Current Map!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Yikes! I missed the long weekend and you all got busy!

Bad Seed creeps forward, muttering sulkily. "...never wanted to go walking. Shoulda burned it all down..." Seeing the hyena and gnoll things, he smiles. Fur burns really well, after all.

He flings a blast of fire at the gnoll! Ranged Torch Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 fire damage!

"Gettem!"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Deciding that their new friends could benefit from a little fire in their lives, Bad Seed mumbles and grumbles his way forward and then lights the hyena up with a well-placed fire blast. The hyena utters an ear-piercing *YELP!* and the acrid scent of burnt fur fills the air!

The pain from Bad Seed's fire blast seems to send the hyena into a pained frenzy and it charges the nearest thing it sees - Boom Sticks. And while the hyena manages to avoid getting skewered by Boom's prepared strike, it doesn't fare quite as well as it attempts to close in for a bite and winds up skewered anyway thanks to Boom's quick reflexes!
____________

Round 1

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll
Tacca
Boom Sticks
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley

============
Mutant Thing

Active Conditions: None

Motueka + Dauswil and Poison Oakley are UP!

Current Map!
____________

Brace weapons are something I've not really seen used much but I *think* got the event sequence correct. The hyena charged but the readied brace didn't hit. However, the hyena still had to close into melee range and got nailed by the first AoO which finished it off. Correct?


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

"What a MISERABLE creature! Do you want to suffer more throwing yourself at us!" the spirit bellows in an agony it wishes to share after trudging closer.

Movement and Standard to Demoralize.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Shaken for 1 round plus an extra round for every 5 it exceeds the opponents DC. (10+HD+WIS Mod.)

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Motueka shakes his head and follows after Dauswil.

"Oh there you go being so dreadful. It is just some poor pup. See look!" he chides his companion as he motions a spell at the beastman.

Movement and Daze.

DC 14 Will to Negate or be Dazed for 1 Round. Creatures with 5+ HD are not affected.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l
GM wrote:
Brace weapons are something I've not really seen used much but I *think* got the event sequence correct. The hyena charged but the readied brace didn't hit. However, the hyena still had to close into melee range and got nailed by the first AoO which finished it off. Correct?

Correct. A readied attack followed by an AoO. This is possibly the first time I have used the Brace weapon quality since 2e!

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Oakley continues to move in, striding up close (but not too close) to the gnoll.

double move


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Behind the Scenes:

SR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Poison Oakley continues to advance on the lone gnoll while Dauswil bellows at it in an utterly terrifying and agonizing manner. Though the gnoll stands its ground those close enough do catch the faint whiff of urine! And Motueka tries to daze the gnoll with his magic, but for some reason the spell doesn't even seem to touch the creature before dissipating into the ether.

Teeth bared, the gnoll drops its bow and draws a spear before stepping up to meet Poison Oakley, attempting to skewer the leshy like a vegetable kabob...

Spear vs. Poison (Shaken): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 = 8

...but only succeeds in kicking up a dirt clod from the ground!
____________

Round 2

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll
Tacca
Boom Sticks
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley

============
Mutant Gnoll (Shaken)

Active Conditions: None

Everyone is UP!

Current Map!

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

The Black Bat Orchid climbs the massive boulder, licks his fingers, applying a little vine leshy toxin to his knuckles, then the avenging vegetable leaps down on the mutant gnoll. "Die, villain! The Black Bat Orchid will be your doom!"

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Improved Unarmed Strike, Fist of the Avenger, Flank; Damage, Mizu Ki Hikari Rebel: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 211d2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Belier's Bite: 1d4 ⇒ 4 (4 bleed damage)
Vine Leshy Toxin: DC12 Fortitude Save or sickened for 1 round. Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save.

Poisonous/Vine Leshy Toxin:
Vine leshys made from poison ivy vines carry natural poison in their bodies. As a swift action, the leshy can imbue its vines with this irritating substance. The next time the leshy hits a creature with an unarmed strike, the creature is affected by the following poison. Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike—injury; save Fort DC 10 + half the vine leshy’s Hit Dice + the leshy’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. The leshy can use this ability a number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1). A vine leshy is immune to its own poison, but not to those of other vine leshys. This replaces plant speech and change shape.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

The fearsome Black Bat Orchid quickly scales a nearby boulder and then takes a flying leap off the top like the world's smallest wrestler coming off the top rope! His knuckles, freshly anointed with his own special brand of poison, slam squarely against the mutant gnoll's jaw with a sickening *CRUNCH*!

Fort (Shaken): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23

While the poison doesn't seem to faze the gnoll at all, the punch to the face seems to leave it reeling!
____________

Round 2

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll

Tacca
Boom Sticks
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley

============
Mutant Gnoll (-6; Shaken)

Active Conditions: None

Bad Seed, Captain C., Boom Sticks, Motueka + Dauswil and Poison Oakley are UP!

Current Map!

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll moves up to the hairy gnoll and shouts “Root to the head!” as they do a leaping kick!

Improved Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Blunt damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Ready to get in on the high-flying action as well, Captain Chlorophyll charges up and directs a flying kick at the gnoll's already-rattled bean! But not ready to suffer another head injury quite so soon, the gnoll manages to duck out of the way.
____________

Round 2

Bad Seed
Captain Chlorophyll
Tacca
Boom Sticks
Motueka + Dauswil
Poison Oakley

============
Mutant Gnoll (-6; Shaken)

Active Conditions: None

Bad Seed, Boom Sticks, Motueka + Dauswil and Poison Oakley are UP!

Current Map!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed's eyes go wide as his party members display prowess. Despite his best efforts to appear jaded, he's impressed. He shakes himself and mutters his battle cry. "B@llocks."

He moves 20', and flings another blast at the gnoll. Ranged Touch, into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 fire!

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"OAKLEY! GET HIM AND SHUFFLE OVER!"

5' step, then ready till Oakley moves (after his attack, I hope) so as to get a flank on the Gnoll.

readied attack:
raging hammer vs gnoll, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

"Let's show it our bark is worse than it's bite!"


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

Dauswil steps up and batters the beastman with both of his tankards drinking in their state of fear.

Slam: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
Slam: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

"You can struggle but it consumes us all in the end."

Miserable Strike triggers for each successful slam. Will DC 11 to negate.

Miserable Strike:

If the phantom hits a creature with a slam attack, that creature must succeed at a Will saving throw (DC = 10 + 1/2 the phantom’s Hit Dice + the phantom’s Charisma modifier) or take a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear and emotion (UM) effect. Penalties from multiple hits don’t stack with themselves.

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Motueka moves behind Oakley and attempts to guide him.

"Do not fear the enemy...or Dauswil. Focus on your actions alone." he says quietly while placing a vine-like arm appendage on the other leshies back.

Move and Cast Guidance on Oakley.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Bad Seed momentarily becomes Impressed Seed thanks to his companion's battle might but his normal demeanor quickly returns as he tries to send another blast of fire at the gnoll, unfortunately missing the mark due to all the bodies in the way.

Motueka moves up and offers Poison Oakley a bit of guidance on his strike...and pine needles? To everyone's surprise, a burst of pine needles wafts down onto the leshy monk and fills the air with a fresh and pleasant scent. Meanwhile, Dauswil delivers a powerful slam against the gnoll's flank but the strike doesn't seem to do the gnoll any damage - physically or mentally.

Will: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16

Poison OakleyBot throws a quick punch of his own at the creature...

Unarmed Strike (Guidance, Flank): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 = 19

...and though he connects, the gnoll continues to shrug off any injuries! Frustrated, Poison Oakley ducks out of the way as Boom Sticks calls out to him. With an opening now available, Boom Sticks swings his mighty hammer at the gnoll and connects against the side of its head with a shower of blood, bone, and brains! Its head reduced to a pulpy mess, the gnoll finally collapses to the ground.

Combat Over!

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll carefully steps back. “So messy!

Looking around, they ask “Should we look in the cave?

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Well done, friends! Anything here that can offset the cost of our venture?" Tacca takes a look around.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"If not, let's proceed to the cave and investigate further!"

51 to 100 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.