Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


7,251 to 7,300 of 12,432 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Shepherd Jhod Kavken wrote:
"Young folks certainly have to blow off steam, but you've got grow up sometime." he says to the middle-aged gnome.

"Oh, you're right, Father. You're right. People grow up eventually. Antonesko got married and settled down. So did Vladislav, though he tried to get out of it for a while. Grigor did too, and he was the happiest of the bunch, I think, but he disappeared in a battle in the wars following the Vanishing. He was in the Duke's personal guard. We assume he died, but his body was never found. His parents still hope, but I think it is for naught."

Numalar sighs.

"Piotr... I never did find out what happened to Piotr. Last I heard he was headed to New Stetven and was going back to his old ways. But that was a while ago now. I fear things didn't go well for him."

Numalar shakes his head.

"We gnomes don't age as fast as men, so I find the friends of my younger days have all outgrown me. Antonesko could be a grandfather soon, I think. But I'm getting there. Slowly but surely."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Whoa, I actually made the roll!

"Angus, keep your shirt on! We'll head out in the mornin'. My brother waited a year, I'm sure he wait for another day." Scarlet grabs a mug of ale, slaps Angus on the back and heads up to the Fey and Kobold guests.

Sylvan:

"Erevenywg. Eat up. Unless we forgot something?"

Scarlet realizes there is probably some custom she doesn't know about. If the kobolds don't have food, she gets a plate of meat and soup for them, as well.


Male Human (Mwangi) Cleric of Erastil 4
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Sidling over to Jhod

"You make a grumpy old man look positively happy tonight. Let your angst out for a moment and see that these people may grow to respect you more if you aren't so judgy."

He then wanders off looking for more drink and a parapet to stand on.

"I'm not the one hunting for respect here son. Just remember people judge actions, not words. They might be too polite to say it out loud, but they do, that's just human nature."


Male Human (Mwangi) Cleric of Erastil 4
Numalar Auritonius wrote:
Shepherd Jhod Kavken wrote:
"Young folks certainly have to blow off steam, but you've got grow up sometime." he says to the middle-aged gnome.

"Oh, you're right, Father. You're right. People grow up eventually. Antonesko got married and settled down. So did Vladislav, though he tried to get out of it for a while. Grigor did too, and he was the happiest of the bunch, I think, but he disappeared in a battle in the wars following the Vanishing. He was in the Duke's personal guard. We assume he died, but his body was never found. His parents still hope, but I think it is for naught."

Numalar sighs.

"Piotr... I never did find out what happened to Piotr. Last I heard he was headed to New Stetven and was going back to his old ways. But that was a while ago now. I fear things didn't go well for him."

Numalar shakes his head.

"We gnomes don't age as fast as men, so I find the friends of my younger days have all outgrown me. Antonesko could be a grandfather soon, I think. But I'm getting there. Slowly but surely."

"So, you got someone back in Brevoy waiting for?"


Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Whoa, I actually made the roll!

You want that "WISDOM IS MY DUMP-STAT" t-shirt back? ;)

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Angus, keep your shirt on! We'll head out in the mornin'. My brother waited a year, I'm sure he wait for another day." Scarlet grabs a mug of ale, slaps Angus on the back and heads up to the Fey and Kobold guests.

"Och aye, but if we dornt lae suin he's jist gonnae hire it tae someain else." Angus calls after her. "An' what's sae wrang abit mah manly chest 'at Ah shooldnae tak' mah sark aff?"


"Hmm? Oh lala, vamme an sí."

Sylvan:
"Hmm? Oh no; not yet."

The kobolds have food, almost have a third kobold's worth of weight in food between them.

The kobolds looks at each other, smile toothily at Scarlet, and go back to eating.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"*Cough*" Illthir gets her serving of ale down the wrong place in response to Svetlana's inquiry. This wasn't a question she had expected here and now. Once she managed to get air properly again she started her reply. "Well ... I had heard some really intriguing rumours coming from down here so I decided to check them out. Just wanted some more material for my songs. Turns out my material found me first heh. Now those Kobolds were certainly much less hospitable!"

It hadn't been a fun experience but, with a bit of alcohol and a warm place, Illthir could afford to laugh a bit about it already. A little at least. Brr I'll never want to be in one of those dam cells again! With a shudder she raised her mug and declared - "A toast! To not being under ground and having real food!" - then she downed the last of her drink.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

The kobolds raise their cups with everyone else with much gusto.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet drinks, all in one slurp. She wipes the leftover wine off her mouth. "Real food! Yeah!"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Yeah! That's how it's supposed to be!" Illthir cheered. Then she looked around so she could refill her mug and continue to chat a bit with Svetlana. "So how do you like your party so far? I think it's really nice!"


"Oh, I think it's wonderful. I've never made Oleg's mom's moon radish stew before."


o_O?

sense motive:
Is that what this is?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

1d5 ⇒ 1

The party eventually winds down and people slowly head to bed.

The lower floor of the bunkhouse is open (the upper level is for Kesten and the guardsmen). All the beds therein are bunk beds so there is some room to sleep now. You will have to share the eight bunks with with Shepherd Jhod, Erevenywg, and Angus Makdoon though.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Sylvan:

"You can sleep in my rutabega- I mean, sleep in the bunk I'm sleeping in, Erevenywg."

Scarlet looks at the fairy and mentions something to her before heading off to bed.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir stumbled into one of the lower level bunks. She had been enjoying herself vigorously and was now looking forward to replenishing her energies. Even if disturbed, as long as it was nothing too earthshaking, she'll soon be snoozing happily.

By my count there's nine people (and a cat) that's crashing here tonight so after Scarlets valiant sacrifice there's no need to fight over the beds anymore!


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

That's a bodyguard's job- to end the fight so no one gets hurt!

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

BTW, what level is Jhod Kavken? We need some lesser restorations for Scarlet I think.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Numalar Auritonius wrote:
BTW, what level is Jhod Kavken? We need some lesser restorations for Scarlet I think.

4th.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon will eventually goto bed, having had a good evening.

He will remove his armour and such allowing himself a good relaxing sleep

"Night All."


"Dornt gie tay comfy, laddie. We're leavin' fur mivon, first hin'." Angus says from the bunk across from Zokon's. Seconds later he begins snoring, his eyelids still ajar.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Those of the party can sleep through the nocturnal lumber mill that seems to reside within the dwarf find their second night back in the bunks better than the first. With a full (magically seasoned) meal in their stomachs they find the narrow lumpy mattresses suitably soft and comfortable.

Everyone that is except...

Scarlet begins to drift off beside long and chilly-footed Erevenywg, who unexpectedly curls up and begins warming her feet against Scarlet's exposed back.

After that, Scarlet eventually drifts off to sleep and the dream....

Scarlet's dream:
Scarlet finds the dark of sleep filled with the waxing light of the Qadiran desert's vast, panoramic starfield of months past twinkling above her. The soft sands beneath her back are both warm and comforting. She stares at them for a while her mind alighting over the events of the day. The today's day or that day in Qadira she cannot tell, but neither does it matter much because for the moment she is content.
Then a funny thing happens. A dark winged shape cuts through the starry night like the quick shadow of a summer cloud over a field of brilliant daisies. The wings extend blotting out the stars and roar like wind though there is none begins to build. Out on the horizon over the dunes, Scarlet sees a wall of utter blackness rise up and over the desert swelling to incredible size. It comes so quickly that it is upon her before she can turn to flee. A tsunami! A tsunami of water! A whole ocean's worth drowns the desert as far as the horizon killing everything in its inexorable path washing Scarlet miles from her camp in seconds. It drags her to what looks like the edge of the world and off a the side. She falls, and falls into some bottomless gorge of utter blackest night and a terrible gurgling voice rises from the depths and hisses: "Bring me the Stag Lord!"

Scarlet takes: 1d10 ⇒ 3 points of actual hp damage. She is also fatigued and unable to regain arcane spells for the next 24 hours.


"Scar-lets-karab!"

Starlight enfolds Erevenywg as she works some fey magic seated next to the struggling Scarlet. She begins by spreading an arc of glittering dust about the bed and floor.

spellcraft DC 18:
magic circle against evil

And then...

spellcraft DC 17:
cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14

Before finally...

spellcraft DC 17:
lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Again, if you don't mind spoilers you can look at the last four if you like just remember to separate what you know from what your character does.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Mmmmm?" Illthir wiggled around in her bunk, not quite sure where the weird insistent lights were coming from. Bleh. And there was someone speaking - how rude! "Mrphm!"

With a supreme effort of will she forced her eyes open and glared around the room searching for these mysterious disruption. ? There it was - there were certainly something strange going on in Erevenywg/Scarlets bunk. She blinked and tried to make sense of what she saw...

Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Spellcraft 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

...but most of it seemed eerily familiar, yet just a step away from her comprehension like some strange dream. But she did recognize one spell - a healing one - and that didn't really make her understand the situation any better. Worried, and still very sleepy, she asked no-one in particular. "Uhh, what's going on?"

Sense Motive?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet twitches as she slumbers, sometimes violently. She doesn't wake up despite the appearance of fresh new bruises.

Keep Dreamin' Scarlet!:
Scarlet can't identify where the voice came from. But all of the water, and that specific wish. Must have been the foggy guy in the river. Heh, I guess this is what I get for dilly dallyin'.

You know, if ya kill me, how am I supposed ta kill the Stag Lord? Silly ghost. Scarlet feels like her lungs are going to burst. It takes all of her strength not to swallow the water. But it's a fight she's losing.

A different voice cries out and seems to surround her. Scarlet can't hold it any longer and gasps-only to breathe in air. Or water, she's not sure but her body seems fine with it. And the tick bite seems to have shrunk, too. She feels a lot of her inner power return.

Erevenywg notices something is amiss, and begins casting multiple magic effects on and nearby Scarlet.

GM:
Did Lesser Restoration cure the fatigue? 24 hours of no arcane magic replenishing?

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Before going to bed, Numalar speaks quietly with Jhod, asking him to prepare lesser restoration. He mentions that he would be happy to make a traditional "donation" to Shepherd Kavken's ministry.

-----Later-----

Numalar tosses and turns as Erevenywg begins her magic...

perception to notice casting (+10 to DC because I am asleep): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Since that's enough (just barely) to hear the details of a whispered conversation, I'm guessing that Numalar notices and can wake up.

"Wha...?" Numalar looks up groggily.

spellcraft DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
spellcraft DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
spellcraft DC 17 #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Heyy... what are you... oh." Numalar stops as he sees she is healing Scarlet. He then watches quietly.

When he is done, he says quietly, "I na-man gúl, Erevenywg."

Sylvan:
"That is good magic, Erevenywg."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Jhod prays for spells at dawn. And is more than happy to help out. The donation will go toward the raising of Lodge Hall (a church) dedicated to Erastil. He wants to clear out out of the bunk house before spring is over.

Illthir:
Apparently Scarlet had some sort of attack, or nightmare or something and Erevenywg was able to use magic to help the situation.

Scarlet's fatigue is alleviated, but her Vancian concentration is still shot for the day.

Erevenywg beams over the praise.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8
Illthir Winlowe wrote:

"Mmmmm?" Illthir wiggled around in her bunk, not quite sure where the weird insistent lights were coming from. Bleh. And there was someone speaking - how rude! "Mrphm!"

Worried, and still very sleepy, she asked no-one in particular. "Uhh, what's going on?"

Groggily, Celyne rolls over and mutters, "You're talking in your sleep... shhhh." Then she closes her eyes again and falls back into deep slumber.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon will actually most likely remain asleep throughout, he is safe and comfortable and will have relaxed .. for once, plus the chainsaw next to him will drown out all else.


"Zzzzz... Zzzzz..."


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Not that ..." Illthir muttered back at Celyne and pinched herself just to double-check. Ow! "Not *just* that..."

No there was something else going on. She'd gauged enough crowds (and recognized one of the spells) to know (well educated guess at least!) that Erevenywg wasn't sacrificing Scarlet to her dark and terrible gods. But that still left many possibilities open. Curious she slipped out of her bunk and headed over to the fairy, the gnome and the red. "Why does she need a Cure spell this late? Did we miss some part of Svetlanas dish?"

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

"I'm not sure, but Scarlet had some lingering damage from an old wound. Perhaps this will help."


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Uhum." Illthir frowns. Why in the middle of the night then? But fairies... Maybe? Scarlet seemed to still be asleep at least. And not overtly suffering so... With a shrug Illthir started to head back to her bunk. "I guess we can ask Scarlet tomorrow..."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Starry night makes way for red tinged dawn.

A cock crows from the roof of the main house.

dice:
Alia's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Celyne's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Illthir's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Numalar's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Scarlet's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Zokon's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Through the haze of sleep and the noise of dwarven snoring, Celyne, Illthir and Numalar hear a slight commotion outside. They hear the sound of men talking in concerned tones, and the whinnying of an exhausted and frightened horse.

Outpost map updated.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Bring me the Stag Lord...bring me the Stag Lord...zzzzz" Scarlet snoozes through the commotion.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Ominous music and camera angle from just over the shoulder of a silent cloaked rider on a maddened and exhausted horse.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne moves and presses her ear to the wall or door closest to the conversation and tries to overhear what is being said outside...

perc: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir shuffles out of her bed and looks expectantly to Celyne, since it looks like she might be hearing something interesting. Or making a very good attempt at least!

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

"Something's going on outside. Sounds like someone just arrived."

Numalar gets down and puts his shoes on. He makes to head outside, but sees Celyne pressing her ear to the wall and decides to wait to see what she detects.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia had spend a lot of time working on her projects, well into the night. When she was not busy working, she used the opportunity to let Vega go free in closed rooms, working on taming him...she hoped that eventually she could let him free-roam and he would stay near...much like Celyne did with Luna.
That, and the hearty meal, made her very tired. When she spent time at her grandfathers, she often fell asleep to the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil. A dwarf snoring, or a Fey whispering incantations both were not likely to wake her. Not here, at the trading post, where she felt save.
In the morning, she wakes well-rested. Realizing something is going on outside, she looks around to see if anybody knew more than her already, then waits on Celyne's report since nobody seems to speak up with relevant information.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Celyne:
Celyne hears a lot of muttered questions ("Who?" "What?"), and whispered oaths to various gods common to these lands.

She hears Oleg say "I think that's Sadie one of the horses that was stolen about two months back."

Kesten calls out: "Hold it right there."

Everyone hears the sound of heavy footsteps overhead. People upstairs head for their door, and out onto the stairs down to the bailey.

Oleg's Trading Post map updated.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

The sounds of loud footsteps wakes up Scarlet, who gradually comes to her senses. For once she's a bit less active than she usually is. She turns to face
Erevenywg and gives her a hug.

Sylvan:

"I think I owe you one. Thank you."

Scarlet climbs down and gets her weapons ready. "What's that noise, anyway? It's enough to wake the dead."

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Numalar throws a coat on and rushes outside.

"So what's all this then?" he asks nobody in particular. He looks around the courtyard to see who might have just arrived.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia gets up, and stretches a bit. There was a lot of noise, but no cause of alarm, it seemed.
And no hurry, then...
Of course, whatever was going on outside, her companions would get the group involved - thats how they did things. But that didn't mean they had to rush towards that outcome.
"I sure hope whatever it is, it doesn't interfere with breakfast."
It wasn't that breakfast in the wilderness was BAD, but a proper meal was a whole different experience.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Oh only one way to find out!" Illthir cheered brightly and threw on some more outside-appropriate clothes. As an afterthought the grabbed the rest of her gear and headed outside, emerging with her armour over her head and flailing arms. Dammit! This thing never cooperates! I wonder if skalds can get squires ... Luckily it didn't take much wiggling until she could see again and personally find the source of the commotion.


Moved Illthir outside. You and Numalar can place yourselves as you like. We're not in "rounds".

Scarlet Scarab wrote:

The sounds of loud footsteps wakes up Scarlet, who gradually comes to her senses. For once she's a bit less active than she usually is. She turns to face Erevenywg and gives her a hug.

Scarlet climbs down and gets her weapons ready. "What's that noise, anyway? It's enough to wake the dead."

dice:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Only characters who have not gone outside - Sense motive (DC 21+):
Erevenywg does not meet Scarlet's eyes she sits with her back against one of the bunk bed bedposts despondent, as if she is sad about something.


Numalar Auritonius wrote:

Numalar throws a coat on and rushes outside.

"So what's all this then?" he asks nobody in particular. He looks around the courtyard to see who might have just arrived.

"We're about to find out."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Standing in the bailey is a ragged, pale horse. Oleg holds the horse by its bridle and tries calming it.

You have to be outside and in sight of the horse - sense motive (DC 16+), or wild empathy (DC 12+):
The poor thing is mad with fear. Only exhaustion is keeping it from bucking its rider and running for the hills.

Upon its back is a vaguely man-shaped bundle under a tattered and bloodstained cloak and scarf and tall wide-brimmed hat with a plum set at a jaunty angle. He seems to be moaning incoherently.

Kesten (who has already called twice now for the man to dismount) moves forward to pull the rider down from his steed. Some of the other guards are there to help him and back him up.

You have to be outside and in sight of the horse (and rider) - perception (DC 16+):
Under his wrap the man is bound and gagged and tied into his saddle.

Map updated.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Can't make that check...
Taking her sweet time, Alia packs up her stuff. They would likely depart again, soon, so getting that done now would mean no need to hurry, later...and more time to enjoy honey, fruits and nuts - in a different season, foraging while travelling could have supplied some of that, but these days....winter was coming - and Svetlana's pantry was stocked well enough.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon wakes but takes the time to belt on his sword and grab his bow and arrows.

Then he heads outside

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

I think I can see the horse from where I am... if not, I can move 5' forward.

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
perception Take 10: 10 + 9 = 19

"That man is gagged! No wonder he won't answer. He is tied up, and tied to the horse. Get him down from there!"

Numalar moves forward, and once the man is lowered to the ground Numalar removes the man's gag.

"Are you all right? Who are you, and what happened to you? Who did this to you?"

7,251 to 7,300 of 12,432 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.