Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


7,101 to 7,150 of 12,432 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>

Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Ah, sorry!

With Scarlet suddenly roasting their enemies, both with fire and a cremation pun, Alia stares on in awe, almost missing her chance to stab before the surviving Creatures continue their assault.
Stepping next to Luna, Alia attempts to down the one looking singed and clawed, but clearly, she is still distracted:"That was awesome, Scarlet...I didn't even know you could do that!"
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Along the Old South Road to Bokken's

Alia of the Blade wrote:

With Scarlet suddenly roasting their enemies, both with fire and a cremation pun, Alia stares on in awe, almost missing her chance to stab before the surviving Creatures continue their assault.

Stepping next to Luna, Alia attempts to down the one looking singed and clawed, but clearly, she is still distracted:"That was awesome, Scarlet...I didn't even know you could do that!"

It is more of a 'singed or clawed' question. I'm going with singed. Celyne had to still move to cure Luna so I put her immediately south of Luna. She had said 'up' the equivalent of 'North' no matter what Zokon says.

Clearly Alia is still distracted. She impales the undead thing on the tip of her long, long sword only to see it continue to move up the length of the blade toward her. Pointy weapons seem to not work as well as the fire did.

Halfway up the sword the zombie backhands Alia hard across the jaw knocking her back a bit and simultaneously extracting her sword.

green slam v Alia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
THREAT!
confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 additional damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 hit no crit

Meanwhile the creature tangled with Luna continues to flail at the big cat.

red slam v Luna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Round 1ish! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ the living dead! red -10 hp, green -9 hp
__ Alia
-10 hp
__ Scarlet
-26 hp
__ Luna
-7 hp
__ Celyne

Map updated


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne steps away from the undead and heals Scarlet this time.

clw: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


hp 21/21 AC 19, 16, 14 saves F 4, R 7, W 3, bab 2, init +3, spd 40, cmb 4, cmd 17 tiger
skills:
acro 8, climb 1, perc 6, stealth 7/11, swim 1

Luna continues her assault on the red zombie.

to hit claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
dmg if hits: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

to hit claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
dmg if hits: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

to hit bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
dmg if hits: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

But she seems as clumsy as the zombie...


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Uh, I'm not sure how that worked either, but... watch it!" Alia turns red. "I guess you shouldn't stab 'em."

Alia steps off the log as Celyne helps relieve the bruise. Her skin is hot to the touch. "Thanks! Time to tear them up!"

BLOODRAGE. Attacking Green.

Cold Iron Masterwork Longsword, Bloodrage, Str Penalty: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 3 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

"Hey! No hittin' my charge while I'm around!"


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon is kinda making throat cutting motions of no towards Numalar in hopes of conveying no

he uses studied target on Numalar to help this out

Bluff to pass message: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Along the Old South Road to Bokken's

Scarlet sends another ghoul to a late grave.

slam v Luna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The last zombie standing narrowly misses the big cat with a swipe of its arm.

Celyne, I think you have the wrong numbers in Luna's subtitle AC.

Round 2ish! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ the living dead! red -10 hp
__ Alia
-10 hp
__ Scarlet
-26 hp
__ Luna
-7 hp
__ Celyne

Map updated


The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

"So do we have a deal?"


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Just one more and we'll be done here!"

Cold Iron Masterwork Longsword, Bloodrage, TWF: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Masterwork Shortsword, Bloodrage, TWF: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 - 2 - 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Along the Old South Road to Bokken's

Scarlet ends the battle against the dead with one final chop.

END COMBAT


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"What's with... the Stag Lord's victims... coming back to haunt these roads?" Scarlet catches her breath. "It's a damn mess."

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Leishan Redcrow wrote:

The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

"So do we have a deal?"

"Hmmm... you know, My friend Zokon here has a very emotional attachment to this particular rapier. So perhaps we'll pass on selling it for now. But maybe you can let us have a look at your more mundane items?"

Might as well see if they have any masterwork stuff worth getting.


The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

"Please, there is nothing mundane about our wares!" Leishan says her smile a bit forced now. "Did you have anything specific in mind?"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Oh I'm sorry! My sorcerous friend can be a bit dull and technical in his questions." Illthir smiles disarmingly at the woman and lowers her flute. "Say, you don't happen to have any instruments or playbooks? Then we could see that all magic isn't about glowing swords!"


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"No idea what's up with those...but that was...painful. It didn't even seem to care about being stabbed by my blade. Thanks for dealing with them so efficiently!", Alia nods, placing her free hand on Scarlets shoulder.
It was meant as a gesture of sisterhood, but remembering the awkward misunderstanding from only few weeks ago, Alia quickly retracts her hand. "I suppose we finish what you started and burn them - a simply Pyre is quickly made...then we move on to Bokken, and hope he evaded the Stag Lords attention, so far."


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"I agree... burning will make sure they don't rise again, or it should anyway. Let's make our delivery before these things spoil completely. It would be rather sad to have found them and come all this way only to have them be useless to Bokken."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Agreed." Scarlet pulls out some kind of digging implement and starts digging a hole to put the bodies in. "Let's make sure Bokken is alright."


The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

Illthir Winlowe wrote:
"Oh I'm sorry! My sorcerous friend can be a bit dull and technical in his questions." Illthir smiles disarmingly at the woman and lowers her flute. "Say, you don't happen to have any instruments or playbooks? Then we could see that all magic isn't about glowing swords!"

"No." Redcrow snaps.

Kephac kicks her in the boot and mutters an apology, his eyebrows waggling.

innuendo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"Alas, I do not." Redcrow replies softer this time. "I'm sorry but we have an urgent appointment and must be on our way. Perhaps we might have something for you upon our return? Was there anything specific you were looking for?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Along the Old South Road to Bokken's

The party collect's together the bodies (a late middle-aged noble couple, a pair of once-armed footmen, and a married pair of servants). They find a seventh headless young maid's body just off the side of the road. All of them seem to have been roughly stripped of any armor, weapons, jewelry or valuables as demonstrated by bruises, torn earlobes and missing fingers.

Laying the unfortunates to rest aid to rest the party (bloodied, sweating and possibly sad and or rage-filled) continues on to Bokken's. They exit the gloomy stretch of wild decorative trees and out into the sun once more.

After a while they leave the Old South Road and ride into the rolling, prairie grasslands. The land is dotted with patches of blooming spring wildflowers as far as the eye can see. Bees, butterflies and humming birds move about just above the greening waves of tall grass.

Soon enough the party makes out the dry-mortared hermitage of the reclusive hedge wizard Bokken surrounded by. Acrid smoke blows down from the place's chimney, but no one seems to be about. Then the three women spot his coppery, gnarled form laying prone amid the rows of his herbal garden at the rear of the hovel.

dice:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"Oh this looks bad... I am guessing he's not taking a nap in his garden... let's hurry!" True to her words, Celyne gives her horse a kick in the sides to get her to run to the garden.

handle animal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Yeah, let's see if he's alright... well. Alive, at least." Scarlet draws her swords.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Old human (Tian-Min) male hermit

Old Bokken's Hut

"AAK!!" The crumpled form springs up from the ground screaming and waving his arms in a sort of crab scuttle. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? GET THAT BEAST OFF OF MY HEMLOCK!"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir flinched but recovered quickly to play an disappointed tone of her flute. Wow! Really don't like music. She thought to herself. Then, after some consideration, she added. Or annoying questions. One or the other! Oh well.

Sense Motive!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 Because something is slightly off here. Or we are just annoying customers :P

"Ah, places to be and all that. Oh, you might want to know that the Magistrate are briefly visiting Oleg's trading post. I bet he or his entourage might have some coin to spend? And they should still be there if you are heading that way." Illthir offered and blew a few more notes. Then she threw a quick glance at her two companions. "As for special interests ..."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Old Bokken wrote:

Old Bokken's Hut

"AAK!!" The crumpled form springs up from the ground screaming and waving his arms in a sort of crab scuttle. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? GET THAT BEAST OFF OF MY HEMLOCK!"

"Bokken! You alright?" Scarlet sheathes her blades and runs up to him. "The Stag Lord made a mess of some travelers up the road- we came to check on ya."

"Oh, I guess you want Luna to back off..."


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne sighs and calls Luna away from the garden... gives her the command to stay... then approaches Bokken herself. "Really she wouldn't have harmed your garden... she's quite gentle. How are you Bokken? We were concerned when we saw you lying in the dirt after what we saw on the road."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

Illthir Winlowe wrote:

Illthir flinched but recovered quickly to play an disappointed tone of her flute. Wow! Really don't like music. She thought to herself. Then, after some consideration, she added. Or annoying questions. One or the other! Oh well.

Because something is slightly off here. Or we are just annoying customers :P

"Ah, places to be and all that. Oh, you might want to know that the Magistrate are briefly visiting Oleg's trading post. I bet he or his entourage might have some coin to spend? And they should still be there if you are heading that way." Illthir offered and blew a few more notes. Then she threw a quick glance at her two companions. "As for special interests ..."

Illthir:
Somehow you feel you are being scammed. The weapons and armor may all be nice looking, but you have the feeling the discounted price was not as real a bargain as it was made to seem.

Old human (Tian-Min) male hermit

Old Bokken's Hut

"AAK!!" The crumpled form springs up from the ground screaming and waving his arms in a sort of crab scuttle. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? GET THAT BEAST OFF OF MY HEMLOCK!"

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Oh, I guess you want Luna to back off..."

"AND THE HORSE TOO! Rrrr."

Growling that way he does that sounds like he is trying to clear something from deep within his sinuses, Boken turns and stomps off to his hut. "Why aren't you people dead yet? WAIT!" He stops suddenly. Spins and takes a quick headcount making a more pondering version of the deep sinus noise as he does. "Some of you are dead!"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

@GM:
This sort of scam? :P

Though I suppose they would indeed have wanted to trade if that was the case ...

But they have shown to be willing to elaborate things!

Oh well then I suppose it is a good thing we decided not to buy anything.


The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

Illthir Winlowe wrote:
"Ah, places to be and all that. Oh, you might want to know that the Magistrate are briefly visiting Oleg's trading post. I bet he or his entourage might have some coin to spend? And they should still be there if you are heading that way." Illthir offered and blew a few more notes. Then she threw a quick glance at her two companions. "As for special interests ..."

The merchants look at one another meaningfully.

"Good to know, friend. Anyhow, I happen to know that there is a magical flute currently in the possession of some little blue people who live in the region. If I can get them to relinquish it, you might see us again." Leishan says with a wink and a smile.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
@GM:
This sort of scam? :P

The 'MEGABundle Sale'?

Illthir:
That would be hard to tell without the right sort of skills or magic.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Old Bokken wrote:

Old Bokken's Hut

Growling that way he does that sounds like he is trying to clear something from deep within his sinuses, Boken turns and stomps off to his hut. "Why aren't you people dead yet? WAIT!" He stops suddenly. Spins and takes a quick headcount making a more pondering version of the deep sinus noise as he does. "Some of you are dead!"

"Ah, no...we split up. They are looking for a horse or something." Scarlet looks around. "I guess you're doing alright."


Old human (Tian-Min) male hermit

Old Bokken's Hut

He grunts meaningfully at the news that no one is dead, and turns back to his hut. "Rrr. Back hurts, eye-sight going, aphids in the garden, the roof leaks, and I got this rash." Then he stops abruptly again and faces Scarlet. "But I can not complain. Why exactly are you here?"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Did I just help fleece the Magistrate? Illthir was worried for a moment but eh. He surely hadn't gotten where he was by being dumb. Also ... A bit of honest embellishment have never hurt anyone much. Though the magnitude of this arrangement eluded her. Oh well.

"Yeah, that sounds interesting." Illthir grinned. Mites? She had heard the others (and the kobolds) refer to the small blue things so that felt reasonable.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon keeps watching.. He will later be very happy to hear about the fleecing monkeys and that his caution was vindicated...


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Old Bokken wrote:

Old Bokken's Hut

He grunts meaningfully at the news that no one is dead, and turns back to his hut. "Rrr. Back hurts, eye-sight going, aphids in the garden, the roof leaks, and I got this rash." Then he stops abruptly again and faces Scarlet. "But I can not complain. Why exactly are you here?"

"Let's see...we brought berries. Uh, Celyne?"


Old human (Tian-Min) male hermit

Warily Bokken looks over the berries. Looking suspiciously around first he tastes one and then jumps back. "THOSE ARE FANGBERRIES!" He says in surprise.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

When Illthir and Numalar get back to him

"Well did you buy anything?"

When he finally takes his mind off watching for danger is when the tiger should jump out at him.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

"Nope. Everything they had was either too expensive or not something anyone in our group would use."

Numalar shrugs.

"I'm a little surprised, actually. You would think that with a cargo that valuable they would have a bunch of guards."


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir waited until the merchants were well out of sight and earshot until she spoke her mind. "Outsea doesn't have a queen. And I don't think that was the only little lie. Maybe it was for the best; we don't need any snake oil right?"

"Oh but that armour sure was something. And I'm vaguely intrigued about that flute. Maybe they'll have some interesting deals when, if, we meet then again. As long as we are a bit cautious."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

The plains between Oleg's and Renault's

The grassy plains ahead lay spotted with a handful of small farms and one very large one. Samuel Renault's manor-sized farmhouse lays at the intersection of many rough paths that crisscross the fields. Farmhands are well into their day's work when the party arrives in front of Renault's large stable.

Renault is there with a number of local hunters including young Hendson Noshbin a tall lad with a messy haystack of blonde hair, and his auburn-headed friend Rolf Deers, a pair of hunters the party met at the Spring Flower Festival.


As the party arrives Renault waves them over. The man looks a bit deflated by the lack of Alia in the party.

"You didn't bring your lovely elven friend, but who is this beautiful vision?" he says looking at Illthir. "You wouldn't happen to be an understudy for the play would you? I was a bit disappointed by the stoutish redhead in the troupe. The woman looked like she was just making it up as she went along."

"So tell us about your trip. Did you get very far? Giving up by any chance?" he says slyly.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"Yes, they are fangberries... I believe you put out a general call for some, and we have come to deliver them and claim your promised recompense. Do we have an accord?"


Old human (Tian-Min) male hermit

Old Bokken's Hut

He looks at Celyne in some surprise, smiles and then begins nodding vigorously. "Yes, yes! Here!" He grabs the berries and runs off to his hut under their weight, and then quickly returns with a rough wooden tray full blue, black, and red potions in various small glass vials. "Here! Take these! He shoves the tray at Celyne and then darts away again kicking his heels together as he goes. "Whoo hoo! They are yours--just give me the bottles back when you are done! Now go, go, go! I am very busy! Very busy! And bring back the tray too! They are hard to find!"

Potion breakdown by color: 10 blue, 4 red, 2 black.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"Oh my! I guess I'd forgotten what the deal was... no cash, just potions it seems," she says after Bokken has departed. "Let's see if we can figure out what they are!"

She casts 'detect magic' and starts examining potions.

spellcraft blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

spellcraft red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

spellcraft black: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Old Bokken's Hut

You also get this.

The blue ones are potions of cure moderate wounds (CL 3)


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet tastes the red and black potions.

Huh I have spellcraft +6 but no Detect Magic...Perception it is!
Perception Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception Black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"THese are actually powerful potions... I'm sure we can put them to good use.. not sure about the other two though."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Old Bokken's Hut

Scarlet Scarab wrote:

Scarlet tastes the red and black potions.

The black potions are potions of see invisibility, the red ones are potions of resist energy.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
RPGGGM wrote:
The black potions are potions of see invisibility...

Um... see invisibility is normally not allowed to be brewed into a potion, since it has a range of personal.

7,101 to 7,150 of 12,432 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.