Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


3,251 to 3,300 of 6,403 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Anang wrote:

Anang hacks away at the injured bug, not wanting to feel the sting of its acid again.

1d20+5;2d6+1;1d20+5;2d6+1

Critical confirmation

1d20+5;1d6+1

Woah, double critical.

With one attack dark-skinned elf misses, but the other attack almost skins the bug, splashing the gore beneath Anang's feet.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

Requiem sings through the air as Ilona executes a viscious maneuver, whirling her bade throug bug inhabited space.

1d20+7
1d12+6

"C'mon! We'll take anything you have!"

Angel of Death has finally spread his wings in the name of beautiful Sarcossan and her blade takes a life in a single stroke.

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

The massive dorn grits his teeth as the insect's jaws bite into him. Almost mechanically he brings his blade down once again.

1d20+2

1d10

Northman's blade clang on the stone, just a hair's width from the insect.

Dark Archive

Anang

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 4

Chops

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d4 ⇒ 1

Ilona

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d4 ⇒ 3

Ragnar

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d4 ⇒ 3

Solvi

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 ⇒ 1

Sorok

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d4 ⇒ 2

Sorok has an action left from the previous round.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

With terrifying efficiency Ilona's blade slides through the other creature before her as she breaks into a run toward Ragnar.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"Blasted things!"

Sorok swings his shield to his back and brings the hammer end of Umbra down with two hands, like a miner with a pick, trying to crush the disgusting creatures.

Last round 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

this round 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Dark Archive

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

"Blasted things!"

Sorok swings his shield to his back and brings the hammer end of Umbra down with two hands, like a miner with a pick, trying to crush the disgusting creatures.

Last round 1d20+6

damage 1d8+4

this round 1d20+6

damage 1d8+4

Tunnel echoes from the forceful hammer-blows of maddened dwarf and the creatures die crushed beneath Umbra's head.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

With terrifying efficiency Ilona's blade slides through the other creature before her as she breaks into a run toward Ragnar.

1d20+7
1d12+6

Black death strikes once again.

Dark Archive

Guys, please post your current HP status.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"I'll be damned if I'm going to have gone through all this hell only to watch you die in a cave to a bunch of bugs! Now hit those damn things!"

aid another, +2 to ragnar's next attack


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar only grunts, his eyes blazing with determination at the Vigdir's reproach. he swings again, his blade operating more like a sledge with his fatigue than the piece of master craftsmanship it is.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

1d10 ⇒ 5

Ragnar's AC is 11, so he's been hit twice for a total of 5 points. he was at full, so he's now at 25.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

The bird rolls it's head around as the big dorn misses again.

"Pathetic."


Chops flails around with his urutuks to no effect.

Atttack 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7
Atttack 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

If possible, Gilian will move to Lanik, trying to save the Gnome.
Heal Check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

If not possible (due to risk of AoO), she will move to flank the bugs attacking Solvistania and attack one of them Attack 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

As a rEminder, Gilian has reach so any bug trying to get to her is going to suffer an AoO. HP are max at 19

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Chops flails around with his urutuks to no effect.

Atttack 1d20
Damage 1d8
Atttack 1d20
Damage 1d8

It stands to reason that you would roll a natural 1. :) Please roll Sunder against your CMD.


hp 6/11

Solvi is barely able to lift her club, yet she presses on.

Attack Club 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 3 = 7, damage 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:


It stands to reason that you would roll a natural 1. :) Please roll Sunder against your CMD.

There's a moment that exhaustion works in your favor...

Dark Archive

Gilian wrote:

If possible, Gilian will move to Lanik, trying to save the Gnome.

Heal Check 1d20+11

If not possible (due to risk of AoO), she will move to flank the bugs attacking Solvistania and attack one of them Attack 1d20+6+2 damage 1d4+6

As a rEminder, Gilian has reach so any bug trying to get to her is going to suffer an AoO. HP are max at 19

Lanik still has to roll to stabilize. You would be in danger of a lot of AoOs because you were closer to the head of the group than the tail. And I still don't know if Lanik is in the game or not.


nightflier wrote:
It stands to reason that you would roll a natural 1. :) Please roll Sunder against your CMD.

Do I get an Attack of Opportunity against myself? ;D

Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:


Lanik still has to roll to stabilize. You would be in danger of a lot of AoOs because you were closer to the head of the group than the tail. And I still don't know if Lanik is in the game or not.

Then Gilian will use the second action described and help Solvi


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona has 21/25 hp

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
nightflier wrote:
It stands to reason that you would roll a natural 1. :) Please roll Sunder against your CMD.

Do I get an Attack of Opportunity against myself? ;D

Sunder 1d20+2

Congratulation. You managed not to break your whitebone axe :)

Dark Archive

Anang

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d4 ⇒ 2

Ragnar

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d4 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 ⇒ 1

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d4 ⇒ 2

Solvi

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d4 ⇒ 2

Anang has an action left from the previous round.

Dark Archive

Smell of water is sharp in your nostrils, but the trembling in the stone beneath your feet grows even stronger. Those larger bugs are returning - there is no other explanation.


HP 4/11

I think retreat is a viable option at this point in time.

Dark Archive

If Anang manages to kill a bug that is attacking him (he has one action left from the previous round - that means two attacks) there will be five little bugs left, two of them wounded. Of those large bugs, one is seriously injured, and the other one is unharmed. One bug used its acid spray ability and the other one didn't.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"We can't run, but we're still standing. Don't despair Solvi, more than half of them are dead"

With these words, Gilian slashes at one of the Bugs attacking Solvi.

Attack 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Confirm

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Angrily Ilona decends on the largest of the bugs around Ragnar, Sorrow a flurry of elegant violence. Her actions speaking volumes.


Solvistania, seeing help arrive at last, slips into a defensive posture. Total Defense, AC is now 20


Chops moves over to help Solvistania and Gillian.

Attack 1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4
Attack 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8
...can we switch those damages? he he

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Chops moves over to help Solvistania and Gillian.

Attack 1d20
Damage 1d8
Attack 1d20
Damage 1d8
...can we switch those damages? he he

Ne need. Both bugs around Solvi are dead.


nightflier wrote:


Ne need. Both bugs around Solvi are dead.

If they are dead, are there other bugs that Chops would have attacked still alive? He wouldn't help kill dead bugs.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5
Ilona Ebonblade wrote:


Angrily Ilona decends on the largest of the bugs around Ragnar, Sorrow a flurry of elegant violence. Her actions speaking volumes.

"It's nice to know that when you can't kill tiny insects that you have your mate around to do it for you. Watch her. Do what she does."

Aid Another


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar looks at Ilona with fire in his weary eyes and nods his gratitude before giving the bird a look filled with anger and reproach. He shuffles around to put the bugs between himself and Ilona once again lifts and swings.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

1d10 ⇒ 1

/facepalm. Chops and I should start a club.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"Tha biggun's 're comin' back!"

Can Sokok roll anything to try to figure out where they're most likely going to surface at? If possible he'd like to set himself, and anyone who's willing to listen, up for an AoO on them when they pop up.


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Anang is at 21/31 hp wise so doing alright really.

Buoyed up by dispatching the first creature Anang sets to work on the next, but his aim is off and the bug escapes his blades.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 112d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 82d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 = 11


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Anang wrote:

Anang is at 21/31 hp wise so doing alright really.

Buoyed up by dispatching the first creature Anang sets to work on the next, but his aim is off and the bug escapes his blades.
1d20+5;2d6+1
1d20+5;2d6+1

Anang, you've got another action, you're one round behind all of us. Make it count

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
nightflier wrote:


Ne need. Both bugs around Solvi are dead.
If they are dead, are there other bugs that Chops would have attacked still alive? He wouldn't help kill dead bugs.

I meant that you killed one and Gilian the other.

Dark Archive

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

"Tha biggun's 're comin' back!"

Can Sokok roll anything to try to figure out where they're most likely going to surface at? If possible he'd like to set himself, and anyone who's willing to listen, up for an AoO on them when they pop up.

You can reposition yourself to be in front of them when they come out of the ground, you being dwarf and attuned to earth and all.


Chops wearily follows the Black Dwarfs advice.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"They're comin' out right here! Spread out 'round so they can't get us with that spit o' theirs, and swing hard when they first stick their heads out!"

Sorok moves and readies his action to attack, so he should get his regular attack and AoO.


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Hearing Sorok's warning Anang aims a final slash at the spitting insect and then sprints over to stand opposite the dwarf, ready to attack the first thing to appear from the ground between them.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 162d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 = 11

So, my first round is a single attack and move to sorok and then I'll ready an action to attack whatever appears.

Dark Archive

Two remaining smaller creatures keep attacking Ragnar...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 3

...and the stone in front of Black Dwarf and dark-skinned Elf once again turns muddy, while the bigger centipede-like monsters rise their acid-dripping mandibles, intending to spit acid...

Anang and Sorok have AoOs


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

As the monstrous bug rises Anang rakes his blades down its chitinous hide.

AoO1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 222d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

Anang wrote:

As the monstrous bug rises Anang rakes his blades down its chitinous hide.

AoO1d20+5;2d6+1

How did you got that 2d6? You should have attacked each bug separately with one attack, right?


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Oh didn't realise that both bugs came up together. As I was the opposite side to Sorok I assumed I'd be flanking and added the sneak attack damage. In that case I'll add the other attack and the damage on the first was only 3.

Attack on second bug1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 242d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 1 = 8
Critical confirmation1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Anang should definitely be flanking. That was why I told everyone to spread out.

C'mere, ugly!

Held action

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

AoO

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

before giving the bird a look filled with anger and reproach.

I swear when I read that I heard "%!@ you bird!" LOL

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Now flanking one of the insects Ilona's blade whips upward catching the creature with a rising slash across its torso as she glares at the other insect.

Dark Archive

One of the large insects falls apart under the blows made by the dwarf and the elf. The other one rears and spits a stream of acid at them.

4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3) = 8 Reflex DC17

The remaining smaller insect hisses and attacks Ragnar.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d4 ⇒ 2


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"Rrrrgh!" the Dwarf snarls as the fails to get his shield between himself and the acid spray.

3,251 to 3,300 of 6,403 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.