Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,701 to 1,750 of 4,009 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

You know I was thinking about a rogue wildlander. But your right that might not be such a good idea hopefully my midnight books will be here on monday or tue at the latest but yeah I will take a look at binder or maybe make another healer/buffer

What does every one else think?? Also night flier what lvl third and what about equipment??

Dark Archive

Level will be third and probably no equipment. You will be compensated with Fate Points.

Do not be discouraged by the lack of responses. Weekend is traditionally slow time for this game.

Dark Archive

nightflier wrote:

Level will be third and probably no equipment. You will be compensated with Fate Points.

Do not be discouraged by the lack of responses. Weekend is traditionally slow time for this game.

Oh I'm not I already got three votes for yes so I have a good feeling about this okay and its 28pt pathfinder but right?? Also what's the skinny on traits flaws and feats??

Dark Archive

divineshadow wrote:
nightflier wrote:

Level will be third and probably no equipment. You will be compensated with Fate Points.

Do not be discouraged by the lack of responses. Weekend is traditionally slow time for this game.

Oh I'm not I already got three votes for yes so I have a good feeling about this okay and its 28pt pathfinder but right?? Also what's the skinny on traits flaws and feats??

Just click on my profile.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

So, I'd like to add a caveat to my vote of approval that has to do with a pet peeve you'll have to indulge.

One of the things I really like about this game is the quality of writing. I can't tell you all how nice it is to be in a game where there isn't a single person who I wonder how they ever passed elementary english.

DS, on the AtS forums your last few posts have been very difficult for me to read due to a lack of punctuation stringing words together in ways that make my brain do backflips to figure out your intent.

I don't mind as much in a discussion forum like this one, but in the In Character thread it will drive me completely insane. It's an aesthetic thing, and I'm aware that my reaction is probably bigger than the issue deserves. I just like it when the story looks nice.

So, please, please, please promise me that you'll do your best to be better about grammar when posting in the IC thread. I'll break out the big blue doe eyes if I have to. Don't make me do it.


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

I'll add a yes vote as well if that helps, not part of the original group mind.

Nightflier, never mind. I was going to suggest I go more bestial with claws and stuff but I think I'm pretty much going to stick with Anang the way he is now. He seems to be working pretty well and the only APG I would really want to use only kicks in at quite a lot higher level. As for the bonus trait, I think I'll just go with either the Ambidextrous trait or Lithe Acrobat.

Dark Archive

No porblem DH. I am normaly better about it, but I am posting on my berry right now and it and the ATS forums don't appear to like each other. But in character I will do better also I tend to take more time for IC posts.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
divineshadow wrote:
No porblem DH. I am normaly better about it, but I am posting on my berry right now and it and the ATS forums don't appear to like each other. But in character I will do better also I tend to take more time for IC posts.

Thanks. Really.

My first ever PbP had a player who was one of the worst spellers I've ever seen almost never used punctuation, and honestly didn't know that the little red lines under words when he typed was the computer trying to help. He later admitted he though the computer did that for emphasis. He was 24. It was completely baffling, and trying to decipher his posts instilled a short fuse in me where the subject is concerned.

The GM actually handled it pretty well though. He just decided that the character had a thick accent and a speech impediment, so it made sense when the whole party just looked at each other and shrugged in confusion whenever he talked.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

So, I'd like to add a caveat to my vote of approval that has to do with a pet peeve you'll have to indulge.

One of the things I really like about this game is the quality of writing. I can't tell you all how nice it is to be in a game where there isn't a single person who I wonder how they ever passed elementary english.

DS, on the AtS forums your last few posts have been very difficult for me to read due to a lack of punctuation stringing words together in ways that make my brain do backflips to figure out your intent.

I don't mind as much in a discussion forum like this one, but in the In Character thread it will drive me completely insane. It's an aesthetic thing, and I'm aware that my reaction is probably bigger than the issue deserves. I just like it when the story looks nice.

So, please, please, please promise me that you'll do your best to be better about grammar when posting in the IC thread. I'll break out the big blue doe eyes if I have to. Don't make me do it.

I don't know why but this made me smile. Not as adamant but as a communications major I'd have to agree.

As one of the original members...wait technically I'm not but I think being "pack leader" makes up for it...... anyway.

I say yes. What we really need is ranged combat. Solvi's good but more than one ranged combatant will do really well softening up enemies while the rest of us close in.

We've got close quarters heavy hitters, offensive magic, boosting, battlefield control, healing. I'd say either a build that's great at protecting, specializes in distance combat or notices everything before it happens.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

High perception and ranged specialty tend to compliment each other well.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
What creature has three eyes one above the other?

O.O

>.<

I hate you so much right now...


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Channeler hp roll 1d6 ⇒ 6

SoItem Familiar comes when I enchant the sword by draining nexus right?

Trying to find the right feat.

Any thoughts?


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

So working on leveling, which will help to define my interaction with whatever we're talking to.

I'm looking at the spell caster feats and very little is appealing to me. I have a feeling I'll end up with another combat feat.

Also, what are the level 3 abilities for our bone items?

Dark Archive

I'm not at home right now, so I'll answer all your questions tomorrow morning. But,

Ilona, as far as I have followed your conversation, the idea is that you take Bonded Item as your 2nd level channeler ability, enchant Requiem and then take Item Familiar feat. Although, you may need Ritual Caster as well. If you wish, you can exchange Dazzling Display for Ritual Caster or anything else.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Why would she need Ritual Caster? It's a great feat and all, but she shouldn't need help with enchanting if she has Bonded Item and Item Familiar.

I guess if she wanted to enchant Requiem with some special quality that she needs to "borrow" someone else's spell list for it could come in handy.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Yeah but with Transmutation I really wouldn't need too much more. Anything I'd want I could probably get eventually. So I'll leave Item Familiar for the next feat I take, (probably the 2nd fighter level).


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

OK Solvi is almost leveled up...here is her HP roll: 1d4+2.

The only thing left to pick is her 3rd level feat, either Ritual Casting, or Spell Knowledge.

Gilian, it's your call, Solvi can pick up Ritual Casting if needed. Let me know if you need her to pick it up.

I am OK with Divine Shadow joining us.

You don't need to take it. I can conduct the healing/abjuration rituals as long as you have the proper spellcasting feats.


Gilian wrote:
You don't need to take it. I can conduct the healing/abjuration rituals as long as you have the proper spellcasting feats.

OK then Solvi will take Power Reservoir as her feat then.

Dark Archive

Ummm it doesn't seem to me that the factotum is very midnightish. I mean every time there is an encounter most of its abilities reset. That would give me unlimited magic mimic powers and all sorts of other things, it just doesn't seem right.

So the vote is for ranged thingy-ma-bob got ya. Will figure something out tonight last night was busy as all get out at work. So I didn't even get to brain storming sorry.

Thinking wildlander/fighter maybe.

P.S. Is this better DH?? :)

Dark Archive

Also how would you hand the formula book for an alchemist??


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

I'm just back from a family meeting, thus the absence of posts over the week-end.
I'm ok with Divineshadow rejoining us and I agree with the need of a ranged damage dealer.
I'll update Gilian tomorrow as planned (with Spellcasting abjuration and Ritual Magic) and post on the game thread as well.

Dark Archive

divineshadow wrote:


Thinking wildlander/fighter maybe.

Assuming that Anang will go with Rogue, I think that wildlander/fighter ranged combatant would be excellent idea. Scout may be good option as well.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ended up going with Improved Initiative. Since she's the main buffer/debuffer aside from primary melee it works better for us if she goes as early in the count as possible.


Illona, I am with you on the indecision. I know Ragnar gave me a bunch of help back when, but I'm not sure I want to focus on charging. I took Iron Will for my bonus and am still mulling my level three feat.

nightflier, you mentioned multiattack. I am not sure how that would work with Chops. Does he qualify because he has TWF and a bite attack, or is it something I can take in place of TWF?

Opinions. Combat Reflexes then Stand Still. This would work well in them for nightflier's prestige class he/you are working on, even if I chose to stay all Defender.


nightflier wrote:
Chops, I am going to allow drawback from the Tome of Secrets.

Do you mean as described in the book, or in exchange for a trait? Or either?


I'm good to go, the character profile is up. There might be a tweak or two when I ask Nightflier a couple of things, and I'll add my description when we meet, but that's it. As you can see, I will be damage dealer/tank/healer. I hope you won't find my background too boring since it's even longer than Ragnar's.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Guess my previous question got lost in the flood-

Before I trade out my excess XP, I was wondering how much XP was the last fight worth to those of us that were already 3rd?


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
Duncan Bloodforged wrote:
I'm good to go, the character profile is up. There might be a tweak or two when I ask Nightflier a couple of things, and I'll add my description when we meet, but that's it. As you can see, I will be damage dealer/tank/healer. I hope you won't find my background too boring since it's even longer than Ragnar's.

How exactly do you plan on being a tank with an AC of 11?

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Guess my previous question got lost in the flood-

Before I trade out my excess XP, I was wondering how much XP was the last fight worth to those of us that were already 3rd?

Those that were already 3rd level got 1000 XP. Those who were 2nd level got around 1600 XP. Slightly less. And Chops gets a bonus.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
Duncan Bloodforged wrote:
I'm good to go, the character profile is up. There might be a tweak or two when I ask Nightflier a couple of things, and I'll add my description when we meet, but that's it. As you can see, I will be damage dealer/tank/healer. I hope you won't find my background too boring since it's even longer than Ragnar's.
How exactly do you plan on being a tank with an AC of 11?

He does not have any equipment, including armor. Right now, that is.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Illona, I am with you on the indecision. I know Ragnar gave me a bunch of help back when, but I'm not sure I want to focus on charging. I took Iron Will for my bonus and am still mulling my level three feat.

nightflier, you mentioned multiattack. I am not sure how that would work with Chops. Does he qualify because he has TWF and a bite attack, or is it something I can take in place of TWF?

Opinions. Combat Reflexes then Stand Still. This would work well in them for nightflier's prestige class he/you are working on, even if I chose to stay all Defender.

Hmmm... It seems that there is no Multiattack in Pathfinder. All I could find in Bestiary is two weapon fighting rules. Anyway, you gain additional natural attack at your highest BaB.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

HP roll: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

Okay people I need a vote before I go any further crossbow or long bow??

Also, nightflier did you get my email??
If not do you think that creating bomb arrows would be possible through a feat and special arrows?


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Longbow allows more attacks per round and an attack every round plus a move action, a cross bow has the pesky reload time, plus if we re-enter civilization I'm pretty sure its contraband.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
Longbow allows more attack per round and an attack every round plus a move action, a cross bow has the pesky reload time, plus if we re enrer civilization I'm pretty sure its contraband.

So in other words big nasty boatload o'trouble got ya


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Longbows, unstrung, can be easily made to look like walking sticks as long as they aren't compound or recurve bows. Add that to the list of reasons it's pretty much a superior weapon in all cases.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
Longbow allows more attacks per round and an attack every round plus a move action, a cross bow has the pesky reload time, plus if we re-enter civilization I'm pretty sure its contraband.

Should I take this as OK for DS to enter the game?


Gilian wrote:
Behind that voice, a second voice answers "But let's not forgot all those I saved, all those that had a chance to grow, even if their lives were cut short by mother's madness. And Ragnar, Solvistania, Chops, Sorok, Ilona, Anang, and Chops, and Chops again... They are all alive and some is due to me."

Ok, stop making me laugh. I'm starting to get a complex here.


nightflier wrote:
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Illona, I am with you on the indecision. I know Ragnar gave me a bunch of help back when, but I'm not sure I want to focus on charging. I took Iron Will for my bonus and am still mulling my level three feat.

nightflier, you mentioned multiattack. I am not sure how that would work with Chops. Does he qualify because he has TWF and a bite attack, or is it something I can take in place of TWF?

Opinions. Combat Reflexes then Stand Still. This would work well in them for nightflier's prestige class he/you are working on, even if I chose to stay all Defender.

Hmmm... It seems that there is no Multiattack in Pathfinder. All I could find in Bestiary is two weapon fighting rules. Anyway, you gain additional natural attack at your highest BaB.

Just to make sure I am clear: 3 attacks per round with the bite.

Also, here is the Multiattack text from the Beastiary

Beastiary pg 315 wrote:

Multiattack (Combat)

This creature is particularly skilled at making attacks with its natural weapons.
Prerequisite: Three or more natural attacks.
Benefit: The creature’s secondary attacks with natural weapons take only a –2 penalty.
Normal: Without this feat, the creature’s secondary attacks with natural weapons take a –5 penalty.

Actually, I don't think I'd qualify unless Chops' Unarmed Strikes count as natural attacks.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Gilian wrote:
Behind that voice, a second voice answers "But let's not forgot all those I saved, all those that had a chance to grow, even if their lives were cut short by mother's madness. And Ragnar, Solvistania, Chops, Sorok, Ilona, Anang, and Chops, and Chops again... They are all alive and some is due to me."
Ok, stop making me laugh. I'll start to get a complex here.

No, it just means you always put yourself between the group and any threat, whatever they are. That's your job as a defender and you're doing it very well.

It was obviously a metagaming joke. But I'm happy someone got it.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:


Just to make sure I am clear: 3 attacks per round with the bite.

Also, here is the Multiattack text from the Beastiary

Beastiary pg 315 wrote:

Multiattack (Combat)

This creature is particularly skilled at making attacks with its natural weapons.
Prerequisite: Three or more natural attacks.
Benefit: The creature’s secondary attacks with natural weapons take only a –2 penalty.
Normal: Without this feat, the creature’s secondary attacks with natural weapons take a –5 penalty.
Actually, I don't think I'd qualify unless Chops' Unarmed Strikes count as natural attacks.

You should not need it because your bite is a primary attack, so i's going to be at full Bab and not at -5.


Gilian wrote:
You should not need it because your bite is a primary attack, so i's going to be at full Bab and not at -5.

Nice. Time to update my sheet. Also, I thought more about the Combat Reflexes and I don't want any confusion. Will probably take power attack.

Dark Archive

Guys, you are the kind of players that every GM wishes for and so rarely gets. You all get +1 FP, except Chops and Gilian, who get +2. This is in addition to those you get from extra xp.

These FPs are for surviving the world bellow.

Dark Archive

DS, when can you give me concept and description of your character? I may introduce it tomorrow, and let you finish it later.

Liberty's Edge

Male Male human Operator/Medic Wounds 11 Fate 1

okay i have whats probably a stupid question. if i take weapon bond would it apply to; a all forms of longbows such as an icewood, great longbow, or say composite because of weapon grouping, or b just to the type of long bow taken

Liberty's Edge

Male Male human Operator/Medic Wounds 11 Fate 1
nightflier wrote:
DS, when can you give me concept and description of your character? I may introduce it tomorrow, and let you finish it later.

you know thats funny you posted that to ninja me while i was asking my question.

Okay looking at wildlander 1 fighter archer 2 and just got my midnight core book i'm kinda mad paid for what i thought was the set and just got the 1st and 2nd ed core books.
working on everything else as fast as possible want to be done tonight some time if i can

*edit*
P.S. DH is gonna rework the hawk eyed path for me. Can i take whats on the site now while we wait on him to finish and then retcon the changes??

Dark Archive

I'm gonna rework wildlander, probably. For now, just use Pathfinder Ranger. And if you take Weapon Bond Longbow, you can not use it on composite longbows or anything else that is exotic weapon.


Eirik/Ds, try this link and click on the books on the right for more splats.

Against the Shadow

Liberty's Edge

Male Male human Operator/Medic Wounds 11 Fate 1
nightflier wrote:
I'm gonna rework wildlander, probably. For now, just use Pathfinder Ranger. And if you take Weapon Bond Longbow, you can not use it on composite longbows or anything else that is exotic weapon.

thought we were still combining ranger and wildlander??

okay then i will take it for ice wood then if thats okay??

Dark Archive

For now, I just need a basic concept and your description. Everything else you may take it slowly.

1,701 to 1,750 of 4,009 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Nightflier's Midnight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.