GM Dak - Mummy's Mask

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: The Half Dead City
Part 3: The Sanctum of the Erudite Eye

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Oathday, 26th of Pharast, 4714
Current Day: Moonday, 30th of Pharast, 4714


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,268 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Half-elf Tortured Crusader 2 / Ravener Hunter 1 (Picture) | HP 21/28 | AC: 21 T: 12 Fl: 20 | CMD: 16 | F +7 R +1 W +9 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc: +11 | Life bond: Irakelesh | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Knowledge (Nature) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Perception +11, Sense Motive +10, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Swim +7

Haji moves in, but sees his way to the enemy blocked by his allies. He releases another ray of light.

Disrupt Undead: ray vs touch ac into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

Sense Motive +6 (+8 to get a hunch in a social situation): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

We know it plays dead can I have the +8?

Aliva stays just back from the creature, "It is just playing" Aliva Readies another strike

Readied: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 191d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

Khufu holds his action because he's in the back and he this the corpse looks dead.


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Really? An undead that we think we killed is just pretending to be dead? What does that make it? A non-re-dead-undead?" Irakelesh holds his morningstar ready to smash down on the creature should it move.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Haji blasts the creature and as it starts to rise again, obviously having been faking its own demise Aliva takes advantage of it's movement and smashes it in the head, dropping it to the ground again, this time for good.

Out of Combat


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"Well I konw we expected undead and it is nice that they only come in singles now." Aliva says cleaning the head of her Morning Star. "Was that a body from down here we should put back?"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Examining the body it looks quite a bit more recent then the other undead you've encountered. Also, unlike the others there a visible injuries on his body, like he had been sliced into with a a weapon very similar to the guardian statue you had fought earlier.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"Must be a new comer, Search the room then press on?"

Room Preception taking 10: 10 + 4 = 14


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

Khufu casts Light on the tip of his spear and helps search the room.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Maybe this is that guy whose blood we saw in the other hallway. That's concerning." Irakelesh joins the others in searching the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3 | hp 27/27 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/10

"How would he become a undead, though?", she mutters, following the others.


Half-elf Tortured Crusader 2 / Ravener Hunter 1 (Picture) | HP 21/28 | AC: 21 T: 12 Fl: 20 | CMD: 16 | F +7 R +1 W +9 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc: +11 | Life bond: Irakelesh | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Knowledge (Nature) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Perception +11, Sense Motive +10, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Swim +7

"That would mean there's someting even worse down here..."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

OK a few questions when you are looking around, are you checking each of the openings? Are you attempting to open the sealed ones?


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

Aliva moves to the closest Sarcophagus and peers inside if it is open, 'Are we opening all these? What could be worse? I mean Full mummy would be I agree"


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

Khufu will look into the openings.


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Well, we wouldn't be good explorers and investigators if we didn't open them, now would we. So, Ai'sha, it's your turn to choose. Which one do we want to open now? Pick well. If you pick one that gets us all killed then I think none of us will ever forgive you." Irakelesh prepares to examine the sarcophagus that Ai'sha points out. He will check for traps before they try to open it.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Three of the open sepulchers all contain sarcophagi, three of them are empty and another three were sealed with stone doors that were never intended to be reopened. The doors can be smashed open, however (hardness 8, hp 30, break DC 20).

Checking the open ones with sarcophagi you find each contains the mummy, each of which wears a gold funerary mask worth 100 gp. The rest of the grave goods consist of their canopic jars, small personal items, and wooden holy symbols of no great value.


Half-elf Tortured Crusader 2 / Ravener Hunter 1 (Picture) | HP 21/28 | AC: 21 T: 12 Fl: 20 | CMD: 16 | F +7 R +1 W +9 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc: +11 | Life bond: Irakelesh | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Knowledge (Nature) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Perception +11, Sense Motive +10, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Swim +7

"I'm no grave robber. But let's make sure these don't wake up again and ambush us."

Haji will refuse an share of loot that was taken directly from a dead person.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"We are not robbing the Graves, we don't disturb the dead, we can recover items as per the Ruby Pharoah's Decree for opening the tombs." Aliva says as he helps to open what she can


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Haji, that's what we're here for." He points a thumb at Aliva. "She's right. We have the right to recover these items. So it's not stealing." With his head deep inside one of the sarcophagi, searching for any other mysteries that others may not have seen, Irakelesh keeps talking. "I mean think about it. Stealing is taking something from someone without appropriate permission. And see, we have permission here."

He lifts one of the masks up. His eyes light up. "Amazing, isn't it." He puts the mask in his bag.

"Really, Haji, it's ok."


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"The treasure left here is of less importance than the location of whomever else is also exploring down here."

"Be quick."


Half-elf Tortured Crusader 2 / Ravener Hunter 1 (Picture) | HP 21/28 | AC: 21 T: 12 Fl: 20 | CMD: 16 | F +7 R +1 W +9 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc: +11 | Life bond: Irakelesh | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Knowledge (Nature) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Perception +11, Sense Motive +10, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Swim +7

"Whatever. I agree with Khufu. Let's hurry."


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Ok." Irakelesh lets his gaze linger on the other sarcophagi. Curiosity burns behind his eyes but he understand the need to move on quickly. "Well, maybe when we come back we can look longer."

He slings his bag over his shoulder. "Onward!" he says with a dramatic flourish.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

Aliva stops her looking as well and moves to the head of the Party again.

was this the last room down here? I don't see another one


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

It was indeed the last room that you have found and as of yet you have seen no other signs of people being down there.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"No one else is down here, we can do a quick go back and then head back up stairs?" Aliva says


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"They must have left before we started exploring down here yesterday."


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3 | hp 27/27 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/10

"I bet they got away with the best loot, too.", Ai'sha swings her closed fist through the air in frustration.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

So one final sweep of the lower level and then back upstairs?


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

I think so yes


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"Let's look around one more time, but be careful of that room with the animated statues."


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Ok. Since we know what to expect, maybe we can defeat those statues then take our time looking through the room."


Half-elf Tortured Crusader 2 / Ravener Hunter 1 (Picture) | HP 21/28 | AC: 21 T: 12 Fl: 20 | CMD: 16 | F +7 R +1 W +9 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc: +11 | Life bond: Irakelesh | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Knowledge (Nature) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Perception +11, Sense Motive +10, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Swim +7

"You gonna go back in there? Why am I not surprised..."


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"The other explorers could have snuck past us while we were exploring other parts of the tomb."

"Let's make a circuit around this level to check again and then return to the surface."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Just need a final yes or no on going back to fight the columns. If you do indeed plan to go in there let me know any preparations.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

Colums later if we don't find who else is here.


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"And you don't want to go back in? Doesn't the curiosity kill you?" Irakelesh turns to Khufu. "Ok. I guess. Let's go around this level again."

Looks like 'no' for the columns.


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"We could quite possibly defeat the animated columns in a battle. If I could blast them with fire successfully it would weaken them, but then we would be depending on the spear we recovered earlier to pierce their physical defenses."

(I'm up for it, but we need to plan out strategy before we jump in)


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With the decision made to avoid the columns, at least for now the group circles through the area they explored one last time to make sure they didn't miss anything.

GM:

Ai'sha: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Aliva: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
G'nock: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Haji: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Irakelesh: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Khufu: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Luckily Khufu and Haji spot a hidden door to a room in the final chamber you explored last, while giving everything a closer look. Inside is an unlocked chest. The chest holds a few riches, consisting of magical gloves, a reddish hued potion, two bluish-green hued potions, 330 gp, and a pouch containing six rubies worth 25 gp each. Otherwise, the rest of the level appears to be clear.

Spellcraft- Gloves DC18:
These are Apprentice’s Cheating Gloves

Spellcraft - Reddish Potion DC18:
Potion of bull's strength

Spellcraft - Blueish Green Potion DC18:
Potion of cure moderate wounds.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

Aliva Spell craft rolls:

Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
This is done in order of the GM listing things.

"Quite the find, glad we went around again. Maybe we just happened to be following one of the undead?" Aliva asks


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"Those gloves and potions will prove useful."


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Spellcraft@red potion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft@blue green potion 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Spellcraft@blue green potion 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Since I don't have detect magic as a spell, I don't think I can do Spellcraft on the gloves. I can do it on the potions because I can use Craft(alchemy) for potion identification.

Irakelesh examines the potions for a couple minutes. "Well, this potion," he holds up the red one, [/b]"will make one of us extremely strong. There are these two blue potions. They are probably the same but I can't tell for sure. This second one is a strong curing potion. I can't quite figure out the first blue one. Can someone else try?"[/b] He holds one of the blue green potion out for anyone else to try.

He looks with interest at the gloves. "So these will be helpful? How so?"


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"Might have the Potion to make me stronger? It will allow me to be more formidable in battle. Those gloves are interesting, would allow someone to test doors from further away." Aliva says.

So upstairs?


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

spellcraft(gloves): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"The gloves will let a non-spellcaster cast the Mage Hand and Prestidigitation cantrips."

"Being able to manipulate objects at a distance is useful trick if you're exploring dangerous places."


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"Someone like Irakelesh who is good with traps and such?" Aliva says


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"Make's sense."


Male Human (Keleshite) [dex dmg 2] Investigator / 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +3 WS +3 | Init +0 | Perc +6 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Now that sounds like a great idea. I've never had a chance to use magical gloves." Irakelesh takes the offered gloves. "I think I'll wait till we're in a safer place before I learn how to use them."

He stuffs the gloves in his pack.

"Ok. Shall we go back and get those masks, then back to the Tooth?"


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 22 AC 19, T 10, FF 18 /CMD 13/F+4/Ref+1/Will+5/Ini+4/Perc+4

"Sounds like a good idea to me for sure." ALiva says


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The group gathers up their loot and makes their way back upstairs. As you are walking toward the main room you begin to hear spells being cast. Haji, breaching the door sees near the exit another group of adventurers who seem to be preparing for a fight, obviously having seen your light coming down the hall.

From the back of the group a woman calls out "You come to steal from these sacred grounds. This shall not come to pass. You will meet your end here."

Everyone except Haji/Khufu:
The voice sounds awfully familiar. When you actually lay eyes on the other group you see it is one of the other adventuring groups you had met days ago at the Tooth. The one that wasn't all to particularly friendly.

Initiative:

Ai'sha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Aliva: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
G'nock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Haji: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Irakelesh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Khufu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Enemy1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Enemy2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Enemy3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Enemy4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Enemy5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Round 1
> Khufu,
Enemy1, G'nock/Aliva, Enemy3/Enemy2, Ai'sha, Enemy4/Enemy5, Haji


M Human Solar Sorcerer-3 |HP 12/16 |AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 |CMD:12 |F:+2 R:+3 W:+3 |Init:+3 Per:+9 | 4/6 - Blurred Little Ra |HP 8/8 | AC:16 FF:15 T:13 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+3 |
Condition:-1 Dex, Current AC: 15,11,14:

"An ambush!" Khufu exclaims.

He slips past Irakelesh and takes cover behind one of the rooms columns.

While on the move he draws out a black wooden wand of Blur.

Once behind the column he activates the wand to cast Blur on himself.

umd(wand): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,268 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pendrak's Half-Dead City Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.