Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,023 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas waits about 100 feet from the camp, keeping low and waiting for the others to get in position.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher moves with Elyas ready to used ranged spells.

Not sure where I can go and have LOS from looking at the map.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia positions herself south of the camp and tries to hide.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


:: Lamashan 4 - Early Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

Added a line where the rope bridge is. I placed Alezandu by Olivia.

As everyone gets into position, Falcon notices a fairly well trodden path leading from the rope bridge into the forest further north..

You all have a surprise round. Make your surprise round action, roll init, and make your first round action if its higher than the hobgoblin initiative below.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu crouches behind some underbrush, nocks one of his remaining flaming arrows, and slowly draws it back. After confirming that everyone is in position he looses it at the nearest hobgoblin, prompting Shadow to take flight.

Attack @Teal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage +fire: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 + (4) = 7
Stealth +favored terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 27

Initiative +favored terrain: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20

Advancing diagonally at magically enhanced speed, Alezandu ducks low and shoots again at another foe. Shadow settles in the branches above the hobgoblins, waiting to intervene if any of them seems to escaping.

Attack @Magenta -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 + 4 = 14
Stealth +favored terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 13


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Knowing that she is slower, Olivia shuffles forward trying to close space.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

She keeps her pace getting as close as she can to the fight.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon creeps through the undergrowth to a position at the end of the rope bridge.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Once there, he delays to see what transpires on the other side of the river.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

once the others move, Elyas moves up as well, still out of range to do much.

initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 19

he then moves again and casts Magic Weapon on his longsword


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


:: Lamashan 4 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu starts the fight off by firing a salvo of arrows at the hobgoblins. Both shots are near misses, blocked by the poorly built palisade around the camp.

Falcon sneaks around the rear of the camp, while Olivia and Elyas close with the hobgoblins.

Claustipher move ahead, not wanting to be left too far from the fight as he tries to determine what will help most. Moved Claustipher an entire move action instead of just 10 feet.

Claustipher Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

With arrows thudding into the wall around them, the hobgoblins quickly call out and start grabbing weapons and readying themselves. Two more heavily armored hobgoblins flank the opening in the palisade, while the lighter armoured ones grab long bows.

Initiative

Round 1 - Alezandu, Elyas, Olivia, Magenta, Teal, Orange, Blue, Green, Falcon, Clausitpher
Round 2 - Alezandu, Elyas, Olivia, Magenta, Teal, Orange, Blue, Green, Falcon, Clausitpher

Bold are up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon slips onto the rope bridge and begins sneaking across.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Mentally cursing his two successive misses, Alezandu continues firing at the two hobgoblins at the palisade's opening.

Attack @Magenta -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 25
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 + 4 = 14
Potential Bonus Damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 4) + 10 = 28
Stealth +favored terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 22

Attack @Blue -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 25
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 + 4 = 11
Potential Bonus Damage: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 1) + 10 = 23
Stealth +favored terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 13


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas moves up, calling on Iomedae as he moves. a burst of pure burning light erupts in the middle of the camp, catching all but the furthest hobgoblin in the flash
Cast burst of Radiance, catching all but green. DC 16 Reflex saves for all of them. on success they are dazzled for 1d4 rounds. on a fail they are blinded for 1d4 rounds. regardless of save, they all take full damage if they are evil
orange duration: 1d4 ⇒ 1
pink duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2
dark blue duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2
light blue duration: 1d4 ⇒ 1
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 3) = 10


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia walks up to the camp's "gates" and stands her ground, waiting for a hobgoblin to engage her.

Readying an attack vs anyone who gets into range

Readied Bardiche vs Hobgoblin(Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7
Readied Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 6 = 11


:: Lamashan 4 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

Falcon Acrobatics vs DC 12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Falcon sneaks onto the bridge, the ropes sagging a bit under the weight but otherwise not moving at all.

Claustipher moves forward again, looking for line of sight for his cantrips. No crossbow, so the range I can bot an attack is pretty limited.

Alezandu lets loose another volley of arrows, striking his targets, Unfortunately, their armour saves them from the worst of the barrage. The first bugbear roars as the arrow strikes home and causes a debilitating wound Magenta is bloodied.

Magenta Perception vs DC 20 (Stealth 13+70ft distant): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Blue Perception vs DC 29 (Stealth 22+70ft distant): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Elyas brings down the wrath of Iomedae on his foes. As the flash goes off, three of them clutch their eyes and you can hear screams of pain.

Orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 1d4 ⇒ 4
Magenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d4 ⇒ 1
Teal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d4 ⇒ 4
Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d4 ⇒ 3

Olivia moves into position to stop and hobgoblins from leaving.

Huddled inside the palisade, the hobgoblins respond with a volley of arrows of their own aimed at Elyas. Both arrows thud home into his armour. Elyas takes 9 damage

Green vs Elyas

Longbow vs AC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Teal vs Elyas]

Longbow vs AC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

[ooc]Initiative

Round 2 - Alezandu, Elyas, Olivia, Magenta (14, blind 2 rounds), Teal (10), Orange(10, blind 1 rounds), Blue (21, blind 2 rounds), Green, Falcon, Clausitpher
Round 3 - Alezandu, Elyas, Olivia, Magenta (14, blind 1 rounds), Teal (10), Orange(10), Blue (21, blind 1 rounds), Green, Falcon, Clausitpher

Bold are up. Alezandu I commiserate over those unfortunate confirmation roles.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu keeps his his barrage, sending two more arrows whizzing past Olivia at the goblinoids.

Attack @Blue -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 23
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 + 4 = 14
Stealth +favored terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 15

Attack @Orange -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 9
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 + 4 = 14
Stealth +favored terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 26

Eh, had to balance out those two 20s I guess.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon sneaks forward along the bridge.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Having the hobgoblins' attention for now, Elyas bolsters his defenses with Shield of Faith and moves up closer to Olivia.

AC is now 19


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia walks up and strikes at the nearest Hobgoblin.

Bardiche vs Blue(Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 = 15


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher continues to move in looking for a line of sight. He gets a glimpse of one in dark blue and casts a spell.

Magic Missle: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9


:: Lamashan 4 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

Still unobserved, Falcon finishes sneaking across the bridge.

Claustipher opens fire with a magic missile, slaying his target. Alezandu fires two arrows at one of the rearward hobgoblins, stiking it with his first shot. First shot went to orange and hit. THe hobgoblin falls over, seemingly dead.

Elyas bolsters himself for a tough fight, while Olivia steps in and strikes the remaining heavy hobgoblin, killing it as wall. Had to move you back 5 ft to target Magenta.

The two hobgoblins step back and open fire on Olivia with their long bows. Olivia's armour stops both shots easily.

Teal vs Olivia

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Green vs Olivia

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Alezandu and Claustipher continue to lay down fire with arrows and cantrips, while Falcon, Olivia, and Elyas close in an rush the remaining two hobgoblins. After a quick exchange of blows, the two hobgoblins lay on the ground, either unconscious or dead.

If you want a captive let me know, otherwise they all bleed out.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Once everything is secured, Falcon says, ”There’s a well-worn path on the other side of the river, leading north.”

Is this the same river they crossed when getting out of Phaendar?


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Let's see if there is anything worth scavenging from this camp before we move on

Elyas will cast detect magic and look around the little camp, checking for any gear or useful supplies that they could either take with them now or stash to bring back to camp on the way back

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Good to know," Alezandu responds to Falcon. "I'll see if I can figure out where Scarvinious went and how big of a force is off with him right now."

Starting withe the path, Alezandu searches around the campsite for tracks and if he finds any tries to determine how many creatures left them and when they departed.

Survival +favored terrain +forest ghost +track: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 25


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Well that went well. Good job kids."


:: Lamashan 4 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

Looking through the camp, you find 20 days worth of rations, 2 mwk brestplates, 2 mwk bucklers, 2 mwk scimitar, 4 potions of cure light wounds, 3 longbows, 65 arrows, 4 longswords and 4 leather armour.

Alezandu searches around for tracks, finding that there may have been three to four hobgoblins leaving the camp to the south of the river but all the noticeable traffic is over the bridge. There also only seems like enough room for eight to ten persons at the camp at most.

The river is a tributary that meets up with the river you crossed at Phaendar further down the river. You can see it in the map.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”So do we sabotage this bridge—cut almost all the way through a support rope so that it snaps the next time a big group tries to cross it—or leave it for ourselves to use also?”

So we’re at the end of the green line?


Yes


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Anyone need any of this gear? if not, we should leave it here and pick it up on the way back to camp. more swords and armor for our people would be good, but I don't want to carry it all to the next fight.

Elyas will take and drink one of the cure light wounds potions to conserve his healing magic until it is more needed.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2of course...


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I'll take the arrows and one of the potions. We should hide whatever we're leaving in the forest somewhere so it isn't recovered if the hobs get back here before us for some reason."

Once everyone has taken whatever they want Alezandu moves the remaining equipment into the trees and sets up a concealed cache. He carefully notes its location relative to the camp for future reference.

"I think we should probably leave it intact for now, though I can definitely see the potential benefits of sabotage. We can always rig it to break after we cross on our way back. Either way, let's use it to get over the river now and head west to keep looking for Scarvinious."


I'm busy tomorrow, but I will either update on Tuesday with whatever plan you decide on tomorrow, or with leaving the bridge intact and then heading west to keep scouting (I will note my description of the path on the far side of the river said it went North, just a reminder)


:: Lamashan 4 - Evening - Chernasardo Forest ::

Heading across the rope bridge, the party heads off west looking for Scarvinious. As the day draws on, the party trudges slowly through the woods. As the day draws to a close, you come to a large corner in the river, north of the Old Hermits hut. About three hundred feet from the river you notice a well trodden path.

You are at the end of the green line. The path heads in the direction of the red dashed arrow. I added another arrow showing the path headed North from the camp you cleared out.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Well, at least this way we'll hopefully come at them from an unexpected direction.

"We should make camp just close enough to this path that whoever's on watch can see if anyone uses it, and then follow it north in the morning," Alezandu suggests.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

sounds good to me Alezandu. let's make sure we're far enough from the path that we won't be spotted. does anyone need me to look at their wounds before we settle in for the night?

I have plenty of healing available for the day. I need 10 wounds and a bit of VP. going to do one channel for VP and 4 for wounds, so if anyone is down you get back 8 WP. I'll finish anything else with spells.

Once camp is being set up and everyone is nearby, Elyas prays quietly, a warm healing light washing over the group.
VP channel: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Assuming we can sleep through the night, by morning Falcon will be at full health for the first time since character creation!

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Falcon attempts to create a “duck blind” on the path side of camp to cover the camp but still let a person on watch see the path clearly.


:: Lamashan 4 - Evening - Chernasardo Forest ::

The group sets up camp, hiding and setting up an overwatch on the trail.

.

:: Lamashan 5 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

After a peaceful night, the morning dawns bright and cold, thick frost and spots of ice everywhere.

A quick look at the trail shows that its been unused overnight.

Assuming you want to go North down the trail still.

.

:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Spoiler:

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Claustipher Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Elyas Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Falcon Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Olivia Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 15

Walking north bound, around noon Falcon hears a bird call and comments on how he hadn't heard it before in the area. Thinking on it, Alezandu realizes that its from a bird that doesn't live for hundreds of miles around here.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Either some poor bird is incredibly off-course or that was someone signaling," Alezandu quietly informs the others. "They may have noticed us, so get ready for a fight."

Readying his bow, Alezandu creeps a little ways off the trail to get better cover and cautiously continues moving north. He listens for answering calls and scans the forest for enemies while Shadow takes flight and scouts ahead from above.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Shadow Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia tries to hide.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Do you see or hear anything? If they noticed us already it might be better to move fast before they can organize a resistance."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon melts into the bushes along the side of the path.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas has no hope of actually hiding, so he continues to stroll down the path, but slow enough that his companions can keep pace with him from the shadows to the side of the path.


:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

As Alezandu, Oliviam and Falcon attempt to melt into the forest, Elyas bravely continues up the path.

While sliding into the trees, Alezandu searches for the enemy. After a quick search, he looks up slightly, and sees two tree blinds about sixty feet further down the trail, a hobgoblin archer in each of them and a rope ladder dangling alongside the tree. The two hobgoblins have an arrow knocked, heads turning from side to side searching for those headed into the woods.

1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 16

You can hear a returning bird call coming from further down the trail. The two hobgoblins look to each other and nod, pulling their bowstrings back.

Alezandu Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Elyas Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Falcon Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Olivia Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Claustipher Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Blue Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Yellow Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Everyone except for Claustipher is up. You can move at normal speed in any square that has the beige path in it. Otherwise is difficult terrain if a tree is more than 50% of the square.[/ooc]


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Knowing she has no chance of keeping up with her short legs in the thick jungle, Olivia goes back into the road and hustles forward as much as she can.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon dashes forward, not worried about stealth yet, trusting to cover from the trees, and allowing himself to draw attention.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Dropping to one knee behind a tree, Alezandu looses two arrows at the hobgoblin to the left of the trail.

Attack @Blue -Rapid Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 7
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 4 = 11
Attack @Blue -Rapid Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 6
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 = 12

Shadow dives and begins weaving her way between the trees, heading further down the trail and looking for the source of the bird call that signaled the archers.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas just moves with Olivia, watching for the hobgoblins but not able to make it to them yet


:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu fires wide as the others rush forward. The two hobgoblins take aim as the group rushes forward, one at Elyas and one at Olivia. Both shots strike true. Elyas takes 11 damage, Olivia takes 9

Olivia and Elyas have +2 partial cover bonus from branches. No actual tree trunks in the way or it would be +4.

Blue Longbow vs Elyas, w/ FE: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
Yellow Longbow vs Olivia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Seeing the assault happening, Claustipher wanders forward.

Everyone is up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon dashes across the clearing to the foot of the hobgoblin’s tree and starts up the ladder (he gets 10-feet up this round).


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu snorts in frustration as his own arrows miss and the hobgoblins' strike home, then continues his barrage.

Attack @Blue -Rapid Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 10
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 = 7
Attack @Blue -Rapid Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 8
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8

Shadow continues to search down the path for whoever made the earlier bird calls from that direction.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher hobbles up a little closer and sends a pair of magic missiles at the hobgoblin on the left/west of the road.

Magic Missle: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas takes a hit and sees Olivia take an arrow as well. he takes a moment to seek divine healing knowing he can't get to the hobgoblin yet. then he moves forward after his wound starts to close.

channel energy for Elyas and Olivia, then advance

channel: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,023 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.