Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,031 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Leaning on his staff and looking at the hobgoblin Claustioher considers the situation.

"Very reasonable Alezandu, more reasonable then I would be.. I would think just killing is easier but I see your point."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas moves to help Yorc, escorting him and the prisoner back to the others. by the time the spell wears off, the hobgoblin is secured by rope. He sees Alezandu holding another hobgoblin at bay with his bow drawn, but hangs back to see what happens.

he turns back to his own prisoner and comments "Looks like we have 2 of you. seems a bit excessive to me. he looks down at his sword, still in hand and still glowing with holy light. "it will be interesting to me to see which of you decides to be helpful and which one of you ends up being... redundant"

intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 14


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon stands poised with his weapon ready to strike at the canine if it moves.

”I have an alive one—barely—over here.”


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

The hobgoblin facing Alezandu hesitates for a moment, a long sigh coming from her. Dropping her axe she complies with Alezandu, walking towards the others.

By Falcon, the hobgoblin remains silent, slowly bleeding onto the ground.

The tied up hobgoblin says, "Ma ei räägi ühist" as the spell wears off and she sees the other hobgoblin walking back towards the group.

Does anyone speak goblin?

It seems you have the situation under control for now.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu knows some Goblin, yes.

"That certainly could have gone a lot worse," Alezandu remarks as he returns to the campsite. "I say we tie the prisoners to a tree and gag them and then whoever's on watch during the night can keep an eye on them. In the morning we can make a more concerted attempt at interrogation and then maybe you can take them back to base, Yorc? We can tie their feet together to limit their speed, and you should be able to catch them if they try to run anyway."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

no goblin here

We can bring them in for now, but we need a plan for what to do with capture enemies from here on out. now that we have a base camp we have more options. if you give me a day, I can make sure that these two speak truth to us when we question them, but I don't want to delay our search.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”There can be no risk of escape, though. That would be bad.”


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Translation of the above is "I don't speak common". I'll make a spoiler translation going forward.

Yorc thinks for a moment, "Yes I think I could handle taking the two of them back on my own. Especially if they are bound and weaponless."

The hobgoblin by Falcon gurgles, her breath extremely faint.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Do I need to save this one? I mean, we have two, how many questions do we really need to ask? Besides, I think wolfie here might bite me if I tried.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Realizing for the first time that the prone hobgoblin is alive but about to expire, Alezandu looks at Falcon with some surprise. "Surely we shouldn't just let her die. Elyas, can you heal her from a distance? I'm not sure we have time for me to try and calm the wolf."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Why? We barely have enough food for our own people. Why are we now feeding the enemy?”


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I agree with Falcon. we do not have the resources to keep bringing back hostages. there is little to no chance they will be ransomed, and the more we catch the more chances there are that one of them escapes and gives up our position. I say we keep one or two for questioning, but kill the rest. even then I don't know how much we will gain from questioning foot soldiers...


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu looks pained as he responds. ”You all really want to start indiscriminately killing prisoners of war? I realize our food supply isn’t totally stable yet, but I doubt one more mouth will make the difference, and if it really comes down to it I’ll happily let her starve if it means saving one of our own. I’d also really rather not have the hobs slaughter everyone still stuck in Phaendar.”


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”There are three differences between our situation and theirs: one, they have strong supply lines, so they can afford to feed our people; two, they aren’t thinking of our people as prisoners of war, they think of them as slave labour; and three, they started this. It’s not a matter of this one hobgoblin causing us to starve, it’s that if this is going to be our policy—any hobgoblin who doesn’t die outright in the act of combat is taken back as a prisoner—we’ll soon be outnumbered in our own camp.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I would gladly trade an excess of prisoners for our current problems, given the sweeping victories that would require," Alezandu replies, "but evidently I am already outnumbered on this issue."

With a sigh, he turns away from the dying hobgoblin. "We should at least hold a meeting of the entire group to decide on a consistent policy when we get back to base."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Fine, let's take these back to the camp and let the leaders there and our own group decide together what we should do with prisoners. I will abide by their decision.


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

While the group discusses the course of action, the hobgoblin by Falcon goes still.

I'm just waiting on a course of action currently. It sounds like there's two possible options:

1 - send Yorc back with the prisoners and carry on, then discuss prisoner logistics the next time you return to camp.
2 - return to camp now and get the prisoner discussion over with

I don't care which it is, I just need to know what you want to do (or a third option I haven't though of)


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas is in favor of sending the prisoners back now with Yorc while the group moves forward


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

As is Alezandu.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

That’s fine with Falcon, too. It doubles as a loyalty test for their centaur friend.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Option 1 as well.


Sorry for the wait.

:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

The group ties the two prisoner's up and keeps watch for the night.

.

:: Lamashan 3 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

The group quickly wakes and gets ready to leave in the morning. The forest is still, the air cool. The prisoners are tied to help Yorc control them while he transports them back to the camp.

Anyone want to ask them questions before you head out? I know it was brought up. If not then we can continue the route as before.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu doesn't have much ability to compel them to talk if they don't want to, being mediocre at intimidation and lacking any relevant magical abilities, but if anyone else has a way to interrogate the hobgoblins more effectively he's certainly in favor of waiting and trying that.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I don't speak goblin. As mentioned before, given time to prepare I could force them to speak the truth, but we decided not to stop for that now. we can ask questions later

Elyas watches as Yorc moves away with the prisoners. once he is sure that things are set there, he turns back to the group and follows the rest towards where they think the hobgoblin encampment is.


:: Lamashan 3 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

As Yorc heads off toward the camp, the rest of the party continues west to look for Scarvinous.

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Claustipher Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Elyas Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Falcon Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Olivia Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As you walk through the forest, morning shifts into afternoon. In the late afternoon, maybe an hour before the end of the marching day, Elyas smells just an odd hint of smoke drifting on the air.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas waves his hands to get attention from the group. he waits until the party gets close and says Anyone else smell that? i smell smoke. we must be getting close.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu stops for a second to sniff the air, then replies, "No, but you're probably right. I'll scout ahead as we go and try to get the drop on them."

He nods to Shadow, who takes flight and begins circling above and ahead of the group, scanning the forest below. Alezandu himself draws his bow and sneaks out in front of the others, looking for any sign of the hobgoblins.

Shadow Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Alezandu Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher sniffs but, as normal, he smells very little.

"I'll take your word for the smoke."

Waiting while others look is one of Claustipher's specialties.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon stays with Claustipher this time, guarding those who stay behind.


:: Lamashan 3 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu move out ahead scouting. Paying attention for it, he to smells the faint scent of smoke.

As the group continues west, the smell of smoke lessens, and about 1000 feet from the place you first smelt it, the smell disappears entirely.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Unless anyone objects to the delay, Alezandu leads the group back to where Elyas first smelled the smoke, and then around 1000 feet to the north and and then the south, trying to trace the smell.

Meanwhile, Shadow circles farther out, looking for any visible sources of smoke in the surrounding area.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas nods to Alezandu yes, let's find whatever is making that smoke. could be important


:: Lamashan 3 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

After the planned trip hunting for the direction the smoke is coming from, Alezandu determines it is coming from the north.

I am going to assume that you head off after the smoke. If not let me know.

The group heads north, trying to go quietly through the trees. After about an hour, you begin to hear the sound of rushing water in the distance, likely still a ways off. Under the canopy twilight begins to settle in quickly.

I just need a decision about pushing on in the dark or making camp.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I say we camp here and wait for light to search for the camp. The hobs' darkvision puts us at too big a disadvantage at night. We'll just have to keep a very vigilant watch now that we're probably so close."


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Agreed, can we find a well-hidden position to camp?"


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Agreed. we have learned much about sleeping outdoors and hididng ourselves, it seems like the safer option instead of stumbling into a group of hobgoblins who can see us coming.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"A nights rest always sounds good. Not much good for making a camp myself of course."


:: Lamashan 3 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

With night falling quickly, the group finds a place to camp tucked away in a dense thicket, out of sight of prying eyes.

.

:: Lamashan 4 - Early Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

The morning dawns cold, a crisp frost covering everything and everyone's breath hanging heavy in the air. Though it's still a few weeks away or more, a nip of winter is felt in the air.

Breaking camp and preparing for the day, the group heads toward the smokes location.

Alezandu scouting ahead, the group moves carefully through the forest. Around mid-morning, Alezandu sees a small camp, with maybe five or six hobgoblins right up against the shore of the river. Slung across the river between two mighty trees is a set of ropes for a make shift rope bridge.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu returns to the party and reports his findings. "This seems like a perfect opportunity to strike back at the hobs, given their apparently small garrison," he says. "Even if Scarvinious isn't there right now, we can steal and torch his supplies and hopefully force him to pull back, or even track where he went from this camp. Unless anyone has a better idea, I say we surround them and launch a surprise attack from all sides to cut off their lines of retreat. I suppose I could try to take down the bridge with my fire arrows, but do we have any other ways of destroying it from a distance so they don't flee that way?"

Is Alezandu fairly sure that there are only five or six hobgoblins at the camp, or does it look possible that there are more inside tents or otherwise not easily visible?


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Sounds good to me.", Olivia says. "I think the fire will do. Or someone could wait on the other side of the river, if we can get there without being seen."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

those of us who aren't very sneaky will come from this side. give us a signal when you'r ein place


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Not sure if there’s a good crossing anywhere nearby,” Falcon replies. ”If they do try to flee across the bridge, they’ll be slow about it, and we can take them out with arrows before they make it.”


Yes, you are pretty sure there are only 5-6 hobgoblins at this camp. I'll start combat once people let me know what they are committing to for positions/sneaking around. No rush, just an fyi.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Is the river crossable here without using the bridge?


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I'll stay on this side and help out from a distance if a fight on the bridge becomes necessary. One of my flaming arrows can be the signal to attack unless anyone else has something more dramatic."

Alezandu invokes a minor spell to augment his speed, then begins moving into position once planning is completed. He tries to get within 100 ft of the hobgoblins if that's possible while maintaining good cover, but if doing so would require him to venture into the open he simply moves to the edge of the forest. Shadow perches in a tree above him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Before opening fire, or if he sees any sign that the hobgoblins have detected the group, Alezandu makes sure to augment his bow with another enchantment.

Casting longstrider now and gravity bow hopefully right before combat.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Getting up Claustipher prepares mostly offensive and long range spells. Hiding in the trees and casting sounds the safest to him for sure.

"I can stay back some as well. Magic Missiles and my immolation spells have a long range."


The river would be swimmable, which is likely how they got across in the first place.


Also, I updated the combat map, put yourselves at least 80 feet away from the camp in any direction


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Where is the bridge located on the map?


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Falcon takes a moment to get used to the chilly water before making his way across. Once there, he hides himself near the far end of the bridge.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,031 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.