Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,032 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Falcon, ELyas, and Olivia keep hustling. Well placed channel Elyas. I've bot-moved Olivia up a move action

Alezandu's arrows get closer, but still miss wide of the hobgoblin, while Claustipher hits one with a magic missile.

The hobgoblin above Falcon looks over the edge of the blind and fires a shot at him. The arrow strikes Falcon in the should, slicing down his back. Falcon takes 5 damage. Shot fired, the hobgoblin drops its longbow and draws its longsword.

Yellow Longbow vs Falcon AC 15 (no dex): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
Damage w/ FE: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

The other hobgoblin draws a line on Elyas and fires, its shot striking Elyas in the chest, bruising him severely through his armour. Elyas takes 10 damage.

Blue Longbow vs Elyas: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage w/ FE: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

Blue -7 hp
Everyone's up


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon climbs the ladder until he’s within reach of the hobgoblin, albeit still below him. Then he reaches out to attempt a ki throw of the hobgoblin into the space behind him...which happens to be open air.

Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Gods damn it!" Alezandu exclaims as the hobgoblins continue to outshoot him. Moving closer in hopes of improving his accuracy, he takes a deep breath and lets fly another arrow at the archer he has missed so many times.

Attack @Blue -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia reaches the base of tree and gets ready to begin climbing, dropping her bardiche in favor of her battleaxe.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas gets the breath knocked out of him when the arrow smashes his armor. he gets to the base of a tree, but doesn't like his chances of making the climb. instead he tries using magic.

he yells at the hobgoblin in his most intimidating voice, backed by divine power.
Drop your weapon, fiend!
Cast Command. hobgoblin needs to make a DC 15 will save or drop anything he is holding!


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher keeps shuffling up keeping his eyes on the blue hobgoblin. He knows he might needs his last magic missile so instead casts force missile as it also always hits.

Force Missile: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Just reread Ki Throw, it allows a much more brutal reposition than the combat maneuver.

Falcon chucks a hobgoblin out of a tree, quite effortlessly it seems.

30 ft Fall: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) = 12

I think I wrote 30 feet somewhere but can't find the reference, correct me if I'm wrong.

As one hobgoblin lands on the ground severely injured, Elyas attempts to disarm the other one. Unfortunately all Elyas gets is a blank stare from the hobgoblin as he yell at it.

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Claustipher and Alezandu let go another salvo. Both attacks hit, killing the hobgoblin.

The hobgoblin Falcon tossed from the tree stands and begins to flee.

Blue - Dead, Yellow -12 hp
Everyone's up


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Acrobatics to jump: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
My math fu isn’t strong enough to calculate this. He clears 15 feet of horizontal distance 25 feet up in the air, then needs to travel another 10 feet of horizontal distance before he hits the ground. Up to you if this works. Either way, he’ll take some damage.

Seeing the hobgoblin try to flee, Falcon calls out, ”We have a runner!” then plants both feet against the tree trunk and lunges at the fleeing hobgoblin. He travels 15 feet through the air before he starts to fall towards the hobbo’s back...


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Shadow gives up on finding any more foes further down the path and flies back to cut off the fleeing hobgoblin, slashing at them with a talon.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Relieved that he finally managed to hit something, Alezandu turns and opens fire on the hobgoblin attempting to escape.

Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 24
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 = 7
Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 23
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 = 12


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas frowns as the hobgoblin ignores his magically-enhanced command. but seconds later the thing falls dead.

Elyas spots the final hobgoblin running away, but thinks that Falcon and Alezandu seem to have it in hand, so he refrains from spending a spell to halt the creature.

he looks around to see if anyone needs aid

I think Elyas and Falcon are the only injured members right now. once we get back together I'll throw another channel


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher keeps moving up but does not cast anything at the moment.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Knowing she has no hope of catching up to the hobgoblin, Olivia stands her ground.


:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Falcon Acrobatics vs DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Your intentionally jumping, 1st 10 feet in non-lethal. With a DC 15 acrobatics you ignore 10 feet of damage. So only 1d6 non-lethal for you.

Non-Lethal: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Falcon hurls himself from the tree, flying through the air. AS he begins his descent he realizes he is going to land perfectly adjacent to the fleeing creature. As Falcon's feet come level with the hobgoblins head, two arrows erupt from the hobgoblins back. Falcon lands beside the hobgoblin as it falls over dead.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

After checking the hobgoblins' bodies for any useful or informative items and waiting for any healing to be completed, Alezandu presses onward. He keeps his bow drawn and looks for signs of other guard-posts while trying to remain inconspicuous. Shadow continues to watch from above.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Shadow Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia stays a bit back so as to not hinder Alezandu's stealth while following and trying to be somewhat stealthy herself.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Can anybody copy the bird sounds they were making? If we send out a call, they’ll respond and we can get a bead on their location.”


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas stays back, waiting for a signal from one of the scouts to say whether they found someone or the way is clear.


:: Lamashan 5 - Noon - Chernasardo Forest ::

The group travels onward for another few hours, following the trail and trying to find signs of any other hobgoblins.

Eventually, you notice that the trees open up into a clearing about 150 feet wide by over 400 long. The part of the clearing nearest you is flat and covered with tall grasses. It looks like the trail vanishes into the grass.

After maybe 30 feet, the clearing climbs upward along a hill. In the center of hillside, a ravine has been washed out by the flow of water over the years. Knee-high grass covers this gloomy clearing. To the west, earthen walls rise to form a steep-walled ravine in the side of a
low hill. Thick briars grow to heights of eight feet to the south. A makeshift barricade of sharpened logs has been erected to close off much of the ravine, and a single gate hangs loosely on iron chains near the palisade’s center. Faint trails through the grass form strange loops and nonsensical paths. Greasy campfire smoke rises up from within the camp beyond the palisade, filling the air with a hazy smog. The din from within is constant as hobgoblins shout at each other, wolves yip and howl, fires crackle, and troopers brawl.

Congratulations, you've found Scarvinous' camp. I've updated he top with a new map.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon points to the left. ”If we go around, we could make our way up the hill and look down into their camp. The cliffs keep us from storming them, but they’ll have to come up to get us. At the very least, we can see what we’re up against.”

What is M7, and are those stairs near it leading into the ravine?


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Going around and attacking from the above is probably the best approach, I agree." Alezandu responds. "We should try to remain undetected for as long as possible though. I would suggest trying to draw them out of the camp and fight in the forest, but given the advantages of preventing anyone from getting back to Phaendar with news of our presence our best bet is probably just a concerted surprise assault."


Whoops. M7 is a 30 foot tall watch tower on top of the ravine. At the bottom of M7 are stairs leading down into the ravine. Sorry for the miss.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu weaves a minor spell to enhance his speed, then begins circling wide around the camp to reconnoiter the watchtower. His bow drawn, he tries to stay within the cover of the trees while getting close enough to see the top of the tower. If the tower is built in such a way that his view of whoever might be stationed there is blocked, he waits for a while for any sentries to hopefully peer over the edge.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon follows Alezandu, slipping into the bushes after the archer.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

They have a very defensible position. we'll need to find a way in. you guys can go ahead of us and scout, but don't get into a fight that you can't win. come back and we'll discuss how to get in there


:: Lamashan 5 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Falcon and Alezandu head out to scout keeping a safe distance, but getting close enough to see as much as possible. The two quickly find that the thicket to the south of the camp is all but impassible without taking many minor injuries from the thicker, and swing around to the north side to see what they can.

Scouting along the northern edge of the camp you notice the following:

1 - Closer study reveals that the ravine is about 10 feet high near the palisade, and grows to 50 feet high at the far end by the watch tower.
2 - A large patch of briar (the green blob in the camp) breaks if the camp, obscuring a view further back, while the edge of the ravine hides the rest from view.
3 - M1 is an open field with knee to waist high grass and no obvious dedicated trail through it until about 5 feet from the gate in the middle of the pallisade
4 - M2 has 4 hobgoblins with light/medium armour, bows and, swords similar to the other 'scouts' you seen. There are a pair of bugbears with them in light armor with maces
5 - M3 looks like it used to be a cage for animals of some sort, but the gate is left open. A goblin, a wolf, and a worg are all resting/lounging inside it.
6 - M7 is a 30 foot tall tower, with two hobgoblin scouts in is keeping watch. There does not appear to be any ladder or method for climbing to the top of it, though there does appear to be a trap door in the floor.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu returns to the others and reports the state of the camp. "I doubt we're going to be able to take out the sentries on the watchtower without alerting the rest of the hobs, so we should probably just ignore it and rush the camp as quickly as possible. I guess we could also try to get to the bottom and light it on fire to prevent them from descending. Anyway, we should decide if we want to attack down the stairs and up up the ravine simultaneously, or if it would be better to concentrate on one route. I see it as a tradeoff between ensuring they don't escape and keeping our forces concentrated, so it depends on how difficult a nut to crack we think this camp will be."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”We could setup an ambush further back in the forest, then a couple of us hit the tower sentries and flee back to the rest of us. Thin them out a bit before trying to crack that nut.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"We could, and it might give us an advantage, but it would also give them time to mobilize all their troops and come after us as one big group instead of being spread throughout the camp and unprepared for a fight. What does everyone else think?"


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I doubt we need to worry about them escaping. we are a small group, they will likely all try to kill us. if they do escape it is not a large loss to us. I think concentrating our efforts in one spot where we can support each other is our best bet.

while you two might be able to sneak well, most of us do not. we will alert them to our presence quickly in any situation. but if there is a way to pick off a few of them before they know where we are that would be ideal. I will do what i can to disrupt a cluster of them once they come at us, as i have done before.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”I think that this group is too big to take on all at once. We should hit them, take out a few, then flee somewhere. We’ll lose the element of surprise, but I don’t see us taking them all out in one shot.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Alright. If we're going with hit and run, I say we attack the watchtower from the trees above the ravine and then either rush forward to use the stairs as a chokepoint before pulling back or quickly make a fighting retreat into the forest, depending on how they respond."

If everyone agrees, Alezandu leads the group around the camp by the route he and Falcon took previously and finds a position from which to fire on the tower.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

That sounds like a good plan, Alezandu. we need to give the camp a wide berth to get us all into that tree line without being spotted. did you spot any patrols outside of the camp, or are they all holed up inside?


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I didn't see any patrols, no."


I'm busy tonight/tomorrow, but I will move the game ahead with everyone ready to ambush the camp. Please set yourselves up on the Scarnivious camp map above the red line and list any preparation you want to do before the battle. Remember that casting spells will likely be noticed if it happens close to the enemy so pick a distance you want to cast at and then move up, reducing the spell duration appropriately.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu offers the gallon of oil in his magical bag to anyone who wants to use it to set the watchtower afire, then waits 60 feet back from the edge of the trees until everyone is close to ready. He then enchants his bow and advances into position.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon will take the oil and some means of igniting it, and use his superior maneuverability to light the tower ablaze.

Stealth to get close: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I'm...Not that good at running.", Olivia mutters to herself, but goes along with the plan.


:: Lamashan 5 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

The group sneaks close to Scarvinous' Camp near the tower, hiding in the trees. All of you can feel a stillness in the air as you preapre to act.

Did a more thorough read through to get up to speed. Please place yourself in the red outlined area in the map. Then roll initiative and take a full turn in initiative as the surprise round instead of the normal only move or standard. Good luck.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Trying to stay hidden in the underbrush, Alezandu shoots an arrow at each of the hobgoblin sentries atop watchtower.

Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 16
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 + 4 = 12
Stealth +focused terrain +forest ghost -sniping: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 5 = 15

Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 24
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 + 4 = 11
Stealth +focused terrain +forest ghost -sniping: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 5 = 13


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Falcon breaks cover as the arrows start to fly, dashing across open ground and leaping up to grab a tower support and begin the climb up.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas stays in the back, but draws his sword and casts magic weapon in it as the group moves in.

initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Staying back in the trees Claustipher grumbles a little bit as he makes sure his Mage Armor spell is still active. Beyond that he simply leans on his staff and waits for the inevitable chaos.


:: Lamashan 5 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu fires an volley of arrows, both hobgoblins crying out in pain.

Falcon reaches the tower and starts the climb, not making much headway as he slips and gets a couple feet off the ground. The tower support wobbles a bit as he struggles, not being very sturdy. Falcon has 25 feet to go.

Claustipher, Elyas, and Rillka prepare for what is to come.

Rilka: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Hobgoblins: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Initiative

Round 1 - Claustipher, Falcon, Red(-12), Cyan(-11), Rillka, Alezandu, Elyas

Claustipher and Falcon are up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Falcon double move climbs to gain 15 feet of height (10 more to go). His plan is to stay out of reach of the two lookouts this round, then try to rush the last 10 feet so he can get an attack when he gets topside.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Staying to the trees Claustipher peeks his head out and cast magic missle at the light blue hobgoblin.

MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4 balls

Did we rest at any point? Holiday break has muddled my mind.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia holds her ground near Claustipher. Waiting for an attack to come.


:: Lamashan 5 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Reeling from the attack, one of the hobgoblins seems to duck down quickly, returning into view with a horn in his hand. The hobgoblin puts the horn to his mouth and blows a long, powerful note.

The other hobgoblin pulls out a bow and looks out into the forest. After a moment it snarls and looks directly at Alezandu while drawing his bow. The arrows burst forth, striking true and hitting Alezandu in the chest. Breath escapes Alezandu, and he can feel the bruising happening, but his armour holds and keeps him from more serious harm. Alezandu takes 22 VP and 3 WP in damage.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Cyan vs Alezandu
Longbow w/ FE: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Damage w/ FE: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Longbow w/ FE crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Damage w/ FE crit?: 2d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 7) + 4 + 4 = 17

As the horn note drops away you can hear the sound of goblinoid cries from the ravine.

Initiative
Round 1 - Claustipher, Falcon, Red(-12), Cyan(-11), Rillka, Alezandu, Elyas
Round 2 - Claustipher, Falcon, Red(-12), Cyan(-11), Rillka, Alezandu, Elyas

Everyone's up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Climb: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 5 = 13 Not sure if that’s enough, to gain ground. If it is...

Falcon scurries up the last ten feet and arrives topside. He reaches for cyan and attempts to flip him over the side.

Ki throw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Falling damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) = 9


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia closes her eyes and focuses divine power on her hands, lightly touching Alezandu's wound to heal it.

Lay on Hands Alezandu: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

She then starts walking towards the bridge.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas moves up in the middle of his group and calls out to Iomedae for her blessing Cast Bless

+1 to hit for everyone for the next 4 minutes

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,032 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.