Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,951 to 1,964 of 1,964 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 7/22, WP 24/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: gravity bow (4/10 rounds), longstrider

Alezandu doubles over in pain as the hobgoblin's arrow strikes him, but quickly returns fire after Olivia heals him. He first targets the sentry who shot him unless Falcon has already thrown them from the tower, switching to the hobgoblin with the horn if the first one is eliminated.

Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 13
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 1 + 4 = 17

Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 23
Damage +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 + 4 = 15

Shadow flaps over to a closer tree to intervene if necessary.


:: Lamashan 5 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Olivia pours healing energy into Alezandu in time for him to fire another volley of arrows. Alezandu's first arrow misses its target, while the second strikes the hobgoblin in they eye and it drops to the floor of the tower dead.

Elyas moves out and empowers his companions with a blessing, while Clautipher remains in cover.

Falcon begins to slip, but grabs the edge of the tower with one hand and pulls himself up into the tower while tossing the last hobgoblin to the ground. The hobgoblin lays still where is lands.

From the top of the tower, Falcon can see the rest of the camp. M5 Along the edge opposite the animal pen a long canvas lean-to seems to act as a barracks of sorts, able to sleep 6 to 10 people. M4 Another canvas tent with many fresh cuts poles sits near the palisade, and odd steam coming from inside it. M6 The last thing Falcon sets his eyes on is a tent that is much better made than the others. Hanging from its exterior are the flayed skins of a dozen or more people, faces twisted in grotesque caricatures of pain and anguish. This is most certainly Scarvinious' tent.

Falcon also sees a lot of goblinoid troops moving about. One bugbear is racing for the stair case, while two hobgoblins by the fire take aim and shoot at Falcon. One arrow thuds into the tower side, while the other nearly strikes true. As Falcon flinches out of the way he feels something pull and stretch more than it should. 12 VP damage for Falcon.

Cyan and Red vs Falcon w/ Cover

Cyan Longbow w/ FE and Range Inc.: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Red Longbow w/ FE and Range Inc.: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

Around the arrows he's dodging Falcon also notices a great wolf like beast, a bug bear, and a pair of hobgoblins moving to come around up the hillside instead of trying for the stairs. As well as a few slowly moving and confused hobgoblins near the barracks tent.

Initative

Round 2 - Claustipher, Falcon, Goblinoids, Olivia, Alezandu, Elyas
Round 3 - Claustipher, Falcon, Goblinoids, Olivia, Alezandu, Elyas

Two dead so far, a lot more on the way.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 13; WP: 33; Threshold: 14

Falcon calls out the troop movements he can see, estimating about twenty seconds before they arrive, and then descends the tower on the side away from the camp.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 8/18 W34/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 4/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 2/5 Lvl 2 spells 2/4

Sounds like this is about to get a whole lot messier! get ready!

using the time they have before the next wave, Elyas starts casting a spell that he knows will take a few moment to get right.

Begin casting summon monster 2


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Seeing the arrows fly Claustipher maintains his position in the trees bubt watching the stairs. He readies a spell, spontaneous immolation (DC 16), to cast on the bugbear the moment it crests the stairs.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 7/22, WP 24/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: gravity bow (4/10 rounds), longstrider

Alezandu hunkers down and takes a second to catch his breath, then prepares to shoot at the first target to present itself, whether from the stairs or the hillside.

Readied Attack -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 + 4 = 15
Stealth +focused terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 26


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 31/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia runs up to the stairs so she can block the incoming hobgoblins.


:: Lamashan 5 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Olivia sprints forward, while Alezandu, Elyas, and Claustipher prepare for the impending battle. Falcon descends the tower after calling out what the hobgoblin forces are doing.

The goblinoids going around the front of the camp get to the ravines edge and Olivia can see the worg simply scramble up it until upright and can get its paws over the eight or ten foot high ledge. Then the worg jumps and heaves itself up onto the plateau. The hobgoblins and bugbear are not as able. The bugbear reaches the ravine wall first and braces its back against it, using its knee as a step and helping the two hobgoblins scramble up.

Yellow: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
Blue: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15

Seeing his chance, Alezandu fires an arrow at the worg. The shot whistles through the trees before lodging itself in the worg's rump. You hear a low rumbling growl of pain from the worg.

Miss Chance (low 20): 1d100 ⇒ 33

The bugbears near the stairs start their trip up, but one stops at the landing getting its weapon ready staring up at Olivia. The other bugbear stops near the base of the stairs, still gathering its wits after coming out of the barracks, while two two hobgoblins behind it limber their bows.

The two hobgoblins by the fire draw a line on Olivia and fire a pair of arrows at her. Both fall short and hit the ravine.

Cyan and Red vs Olivia

Cyan Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Red Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

From the top of the stairs, Olivia can another goblin with a wolf come out of a tent looking around and sniffing the air.

Initiative

Round 3 - Claustipher, Falcon, Goblinoids, Worg (-15), Olivia, Alezandu, Elyas
Round 4 - Claustipher, Falcon, Goblinoids, Worg (-15), Olivia, Alezandu, Elyas

Go again everyone. Olivia, what weapon are you weilding?


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 31/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Using the Bardiche

Olivia readies herself to fend off any hobgoblins climbing the ladder.

Readied Attack(Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 13; WP: 33; Threshold: 14

Given he’s now climbed up it and down, how sturdy is this watch tower? Could he possibly push it over onto the staircase? Maybe if they took out the leg closest to the ravine?


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 7/22, WP 24/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: gravity bow (4/10 rounds), longstrider

Alezandu continues to target the warg, trying to thread another pair of arrows through the trees obstructing his view.

Attack -Rapid Shot -range: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8
Stealth +focused terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 9

Attack -Rapid Shot -range: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 - 2 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9
Stealth +focused terrain -sniping: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 - 5 = 24


@Falcon, you couldn't push the guard post over, but its not the most stable structure. The four legs are essentially just 8 inch diameter trees. An it would definitely need all four legs to remain standing...


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 8/18 W34/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 4/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 2/5 Lvl 2 spells 2/4

Elyas finishes casting his summons, and a celestial wolf appears in the woods closer to where the worg and goblins are coming from. it stays inside of the woods for now.

as soon as that finishes, Elyas points towards the blue hobgoblin as soon as it clears the lip. a burst of holy light spreads out from that goblin, hitting everything in the area!

Burst of Radience centered on the blue hobgoblin, should catch all 4 enemies over there
damage ot evil creatures: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 1) = 10
plus a DC 16 reflex save for each. on a fail they are blinded for 1d4 rounds, on a save they are dazzled for 1d4 rounds. if they are evil they take the damage regardless of save.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustioher still thinks his best bet is casting spontaneous immolation (DC 16), on the first up the stairs. He waits as realistically he couldn't see much of what is going on.

1,951 to 1,964 of 1,964 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.