Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,032 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

The door appears to have some sort of rotating lock on it. The symbols remind you of the carvings you saw earlier in the cave.

Try as he might, Elyas can't seem to place the time period of the door. It is like centuries old at least, and form a people he in unfamiliar with.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I'm fine with fighting those creatures now that we don't have a time limit. But is everyone in shape for another fight?"


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I can provide some healing if needed. I do not like taking life if it is not needed, though. do we think these things are a danger to our refugees? My priority is of course their safety. if we're worried about them attacking us, then I agree with Olivia that we should deal with them now.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

The two crysmals alternate between cavorting about the large open room and looking at Claustipher. Teaheel and Kae remain unconscious.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Oh, right. captives!

Elyas stands in the center of the room and prays for the blessings of Iomedae. a bright but soft light envelops the group, sealing wounds and refreshing them.

channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

And one more channel (last for the day) for Wound points. 2 WP and 6 VP for everyone.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Well, this cave complex seems like an excellent place to set up a base for the rest of the refugees, and unless we can be certain that those creatures aren't a threat I don't think we can risk leaving them running around. I suppose we could try luring them outside, but they look like they would prefer being underground. If nobody has a better plan I say we attack."


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Responding to Olivia. "Not much fighting I can do at this point, I might be able to come up with one more spell and then its just minor magics. Still we must do what we must do."

"Alezandu is correct, those creatures will want to stay underground, even if we lure them out I would think they will come back. If we want this cave we will probably have to kill them it seems."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Do we want this cave, or would the caves above be enough for us, and down here is for emergencies?”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Given that we have more than 70 people to house, I would think that more space would be helpful. Anyway, we wouldn't want to have to deal with potentially dangerous crystal-scorpion-things on top of whatever was causing the emergency."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Coming down here is difficult. we had to come down a rope, and this area is probably not where we would house many people. these creatures seem peaceful. we could leave them alone while living in the complex above.

Speaking of the complex above, we should check in with Yorc


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Teaheel and Kae seem much better after the healing from Elyas, though still unconscious. Unless someone has smelling salts their out for another 45 minutes roughly.

Otherwise, I'm mainly waiting on someone to take a definitive action. Not trying to rush you all, as there are some decisions to make. Just giving a status update.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas sits with Teaheel and Kae, keeping an eye on them until the are awake

Happy to wait until they wake up I think

as he sits there, he finds his mind constantly drawn to the doorway. he tries some more to puzzle out what it might represent.
knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Those doors look ancient. and very unique. I would very much like to know what they are or who made them. but I think we should be careful messing with the doors all the same. could be any number of traps or curses on it


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"So, what's our plan once Teaheel and Kae wake up? I'm still in favor of dealing with the creatures now, but we could also head back to the main group and get them set up here first."


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I agree, lets get them somewhere safe before we engage the creatures."


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Elyas thinks on the locking mechanism in the door, remembers something Claustipher read from earlier in the cave:

“grandmother, in seeking the Excavator, turned her
eyes to the Stone, and to the Steel, and finally to Woe.”

The wheel of pictograms on the door depicts a beetle, a rock, a wedge, a hammer, a crying face, a flame, a claw, a door, a metal bar, a figure standing in triumph, and a bottle. The two seem connected.

It is a rotary lock of some kind, you know that much. From earlier examination. The only connection seems to be what Claustipher translated earlier.

I'll move the game a head to everyone leaving the lower area Saturday unless you wish to continue puzzling with the door. I'm busy tomorrow/Friday.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Hey Claustipher. what was that you read earlier? Stone, Steel, Woe...

Elyas points to the pictograms of the rock, metal bar and crying face. Seems like all three things are shown here on these pictures. so perhaps if we turn this head to face these three spots in order a door will open. of course that still begs the question: do we want the door opened, or should we leave it a mystery for now?


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”We can’t leave it if we’re planning to use this space for refugees, but let’s get these two out of here before we try.”


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Yes, what was that. I need to rattle this old brain it seems." he pauses [b] "“grandmother, in seeking the Excavator, turned her eyes to the Stone, and to the Steel, and finally to Woe.”

He studies the symbols for a moment humming.

"Maybe turn the head to the stone then the metal bar? Last....the crying face. That sounds right, someone should do that."

Clearly he is not going to do it in case he is wrong and sortieing bad happens.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

The groups waits until Teaheel and Kae stir. Both wake up looking around in a worried fashion.

"You saved us." Kae says, relief and disbelief in his voice. "Where's Solace?"

"Thank you thank you thank you" Teaheel mutters over and over.

Feel free to interact, but I want to move ahead.

With the two captives freed and awake, the group heads back towards the pit. The crysmals give you plenty of space, and still seem uniquely interested in Claustipher. Upon reaching the pit, the group takes a slow but steady approach and everyone ascends without incident.\

York and Ngithembekile help get people out of the pit and up to the fountain as needed, having become comfortable with the area.

"I'm glad to see you are all back safely. We heard sounds of fighting and then nothing and feared the worst." Yorc says. "What is the plan now?"

Ngithembekile glides forward and hugs Claustipher.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

We need to get back together with the rest of the refugees. this place seems like it could provide the shelter we have been looking for. I'd like to get everyone moved in here to the upper floor as quickly as possible and set up logistics: bedding, medical, food stores. then we can worry about exploring deeper into the cave and in the surrounding forrest


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu nods in agreement. "We should deliver the news of this place back to them as quickly as possible. We might actually be able to mount a decent defense against the hobgoblins here, which would be a huge improvement over the current camping out in the forest and hoping they don't come after us."

Alezandu should probably encounter his new eagle companion after we leave the cave.


:: Rova 31 - Afternoon - The Pit and Beyond ::

The group slowly leads Teaheel and Kae back to their allies, going slowly due to the injuries. When she had returned, Solace left blazes in place to make it easy to follow back to the camp, so there is little chance of getting lost.

As the group trudges through the forest, you hear someone call out, "They're back!" Then you see Kining walk forward out of the trees. "You even brought them back alive!" Kining looks much more positive towards you then usual. "Lets assemble the council."

About a half hour after you return, you stand with Aubrin, Jet, Kining, Rhyna, Lorne, Father Shamus, and Vero. They all seem tired, but happy that you brought Teaheel and Kae back. They lsiten to your story intently.

"Thank you for returning my nephew to me" Lorne says to the group when your actions have been relayed. "I've spoken with Solace about your actions of yesterday, and you are brave beyond belief."

Aubrin chimes in, "Their return has given everyone some hope, which is greatly needed right now." Aubrin sighs her face falling a little. "While the others rejoice, it is our lot to figure out what to do next. We still need a steady supply of food, shelter, and water. Medicine and clothing would be nice too."

"Not to mention finding a way to bloody the nose of the hobgoblins." Kining mutters.

Vero shakes his head, "Lets forget about the hobgoblins and just worry about survival. What do you propose we do next?" This last statement is addressed to the party.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

The caves where we found these two should provide us with excellent shelter. the caves run pretty far in, and are now empty of threats. it would do us wonders to have a stable base to work from. we will need to do some work to make it comfortable to live in, and to try to hide it from any patrols.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Yorc could probably elaborate for us but I remember hearing something about the hobgoblins threatening to attack the troglodytes if they didn't cooperate. If that's the case and they know about the cave we can't use it."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”They know about all this area, and our group makes tracks too big to hide. At least these caves are defensible.”


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

I swear I responded to this earlier in the week. Maybe I didn't hit submit.

"Agreed, if we avoid things that know of we will have to run further then our legs and sprites will take everyone. If someone can make bows, I suggest eveyone get training. You should also come up with some simple traps."


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I have to agree with Falcon as well. At some point we need to stop wandering deeper into the forest, and it's hard to imagine we'll find a better location to dig in than the troglodytes' caves. Once we're established there, we can figure out how to get back at the hobs," Alezandu nods to Kining, "though I do realize that's more of a long-term goal. At the very least we need to figure out food and water first. Perhaps that underground stream could be drinkable?"

Turning to Yorc, he asks, "Can you speculate at all on what the hobgoblins will do now? How quickly might they figure out that we're in the caves, and what sort of response do you think they'd mount when they do?"


:: Rova 31 - Afternoon - The Pit and Beyond ::

Yorc comes to the fore, "Other than try to secure the area around Phaendar, I don't know much about the hobgoblins plans. I was to try and contact the troglodytes and give them a message and a gift, as the first step in becoming their allies. They would likely not figure out were in the caves for a week or so, after I don't return another messenger would be sent, then maybe at least another week or two for them to organize forces to come out here." Yorc ponders for a moment, "That's if they send normal forces. They could also send Scarvinious. He was to try and find the Chernasardo Rangers after making a defensible camp North West of here. He was to be my back up location if I had to flee.... It may be more likely that he will he responsible for coming after you. Scarvinious is a monster. You could see the fire of the small town he was sent to burn... Gristletown or something... from a ways off."

So 10-20 days for a hobgoblin force to get to you, and knowledge that the being responsible for what happened to Gristledown is likely in a camp somewhere North West of here.

Kining speaks after Yorc is silent, "We should take the caves and make them ours, then try to assault this Scarvinious before he knows where we are. It's time for us to take back the initiative."

"And if this Scarvinious has any leads on where the Chernasardo Rangers are, we can take them and use them ourselves." Aubrin says quietly.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Sounds reasonable," Alezandu says. "Perhaps our smaller group," he gestures to the party, "or at least part of it should head northwest now to try and covertly scout out Scarvinious' camp while everyone else gets set up in the caves. Then we can return and plan how exactly we're going to take out his group without letting any hobs get back to Phaendar. Yorc, is there anything else you can tell us about Scarvinious or the forces he might have at his disposal?"


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I agree with Alezandu. a small force could scout and harass this group that seems like it could be our most immediate threat. and if there is a chance that we could establish communication with the Rangers that would be an amazing and unexpected boon.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Going on the offensive for once and getting some intelligence for ourselves. I like it."


:: Rova 31 - Afternoon - The Pit and Beyond ::[/]

[b]"Scarvinious and his forces are all good at what they do. Scarvinious commands them with an iron fist, meeting out corporal punishment to those who fail him. That said, his forces are all a bit better than average, largely being forward scouts working in small groups." Yorc says.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"So were going after some of the better trained hobgoblins. Sounds a great way to die, at least lets get a good meal and a nights rest."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

"I agree. we should be sure to be prepared before we set out. I could use some time to recover from wounds I took in that cave, and I know I was not the only one injured. some sleep will do us all some good, but let's get everyone into the caves first

Elyas uses what little blessings he has left for the day to bring some healing to himself and Falcon.

If everyone's headers are up to date it looks like Falcon and Elyas are the only ones missing significant WPs. Elyas will burn a 2nd level spell on Falcon for 2 WP and a first and second on himself for 3 WP. then one full night's rest gives us all one more WP, right?


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I can certainly understand the desire to take it easy for a bit, but given our limited time before the hobs attack us I think it's vital that someone locate and assess Scarvinious' force as soon as possible. I could even scout it out myself if everyone else wants to rest now as well."

Whatever the result of the council's deliberations, afterwards Alezandu visits the group's armory in search of more arrows, a bedroll and some means of illumination.


:: Rova 31 - Afternoon - The Pit and Beyond ::

Aubrin speaks quickly at ALezandu's words, "I don't think it would be wise to go alone. We will leave your group to decide the timing, you've been through quite a bit."

The council slips into chatter about running the camp and other things. While you can interject if you want on how the camp should be run, they have been doing a fair job so far.

Alezandu heads off to resupply as Elyas heals himself and Falcon. Upon arriving at the armoury, Edran greets him.

"Alezandu, I am glad you and your companions came back safe with our people !" Edran says. "Is there anything you need that I can get you?"

Remember Edran managing the armoury. Not sure if anyone else needs anything or wants to converse with any NPCs.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I'm not sure how extensive our stores are at the moment, but if you have them I'd like some additional arrows, a bedroll and a lantern or some torches or some other source of light. I suppose if there's a free longsword I'd take that as well, but I imagine those are in high demand."

After getting his gear sorted out, Alezandu slips a little way into the woods for a moment of contemplation. He sits on a log and begins absentmindedly disassembling the dead leaves on the forest floor, thinking of his time with Egroc before the attack on Phaendar. After a minute he notices with a start the large golden eagle watching him silently from a branch above, one of her wings twisted by an obvious injury.

Maintaining eye contact with the bird, Alezandu slowly stands. He waits for a while, then begins to concentrate intensely on the eagle, trying to remember the the old half-elf's lessons. A mental hum seems to build between them, then subsides abruptly. The eagle blinks. She hops off the branch, gliding awkwardly and skidding to a stop on the ground in front of Alezandu. He kneels and carefully places the back of a finger on her beak. With an audible pop, the bird's broken wing snaps back into place. She lets out a low, soft sound and flaps up to dig her claws into the studded leather on Alezandu's shoulder.

"How about... Shadow," he says quietly to the eagle. With a slight smile, he adds, "Given that I'm Spectre and all."

Alezandu walks back into camp with his new companion and seeks out the rest of the party. "So, is anyone willing to accompany me to try and locate Scarvinious now, or are we all set on returning to the caves first?"

Figured I should get around to introducing Alezandu's spellcasting and animal companion now that he has them. He can use cure light wounds from the druid spell list because he's a Nirmathi irregular.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon takes a double look at Alezandu’s new shoulder candy, but doesn’t comment. ”We...we should get our people setup in the caves first, then check out this fortified position Yorc mentioned.”


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I think we should go back to the caves first, we haven't cleared it of all dangers yet."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Yes, let's make sure the people are set up and safe before we leave them again to go scouting. in the morning we can go to spy on the hobgoblins. I will not be much help until I am rested anyways.

Elyas glances back towards the caves
And at some point I sure would be interested in trying to unlock that odd door in the lower levels. it may be dangerous, but knowing what is there would surely be better than having an unkown vault under the feet of the entire refugee camp while we are out exploring.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"All right, I suppose I'm willing to go with that then. And you're quite right about the door Elyas."


:: Lamashan 1 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Nice intro Alezandu. Well done.

Also as a general note, I changed the data. There is no Rova 31, it should have been Lamashan 1

As the group finishes up planning, the camp quiets down as the afternoon wanes on and everyone heads to sleep as night falls. Plans to move the camps stores and people in place for the morning

.

:: Lamashan 1 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

As everyone wakes and prepares to head out, the quiet murmuring of breakfast conversations filling the air, Aubrins voice can be heard calling out.

"Everyone! Come! The council has an announcement to make!"

Once everyone has gathered, the council ushers you all towards the front of the group and Aubrin begins to speak again.

Aubrin smiles. “I speak for the council, and likely the rest of us as well. We wouldn’t have made it this far without you,” she says holding the gaze of each of you in turn. “Everyone wants you to know how much we appreciate what you’ve done for us. We’re going to keep pulling together as we move into our new home. With you on our side, we will make it our own in time for as long as we need to. In the meantime, I’ve got something to show you.”

Aubrin picks up a staff and holds it upright in both hands. A crossbeam has been tied to the top of the staff and a green scarf hangs down like a banner. Two bristly pine branches lie across the top, tied down to the crossbeam with twine. “We decided we needed a symbol,” she says proudly. “Something to rally us. What do you think?”

I posted an image in the combat map. Time for acceptance speaches!


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

"Thank you Aubrin. I know this journey hasn't been easy on these people, but we have managed to persevere. Iomedae has blessed us and watches over us. it is good that our people are feeling hopeful, but we must be careful not to celebrate too soon. we have many hardships in front of us, and many battles left to fight if we are to regain our home.

Elyas eyes the staff with mixed emotions. as a cleric symbols are hugely important to him, but it is difficult for him to want the people to rally behind him and the other members of the scouting group rather than putting their faith and trust in the gods. especially considering how much time Elyas has spent tryign to preach the message of Iomedae to the town, it is hard for him to see them so readily accept this branch symbol when many have rejected any teachings of actual Deity.

"what does this symbol of yours represent, Aubrin? why have you chosen this?"


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia will wait for Aubrin to answer Elyas before saying.

"A banner. This means we're not refugees anymore, but an army, or perharps a family." she smiles. "We have a long way ahead of us, but I'm sure we can make it."


:: Lamashan 2 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

"This symbol represents us. Our people. It's made of the forest we've been walking through, and some of our last remnants of Phaendar." Aubrin says boldly to the crowd. More quietly to Elyas and the group, Aubrin sighs a bit, remembering Elyas' efforts in town. "This symbol isn't a victory. It's a symbol to give us an identity. To make us more than mere refugees. To give us purpose."


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher shuffles up to examine the banner more closely.

"Iconography, a good way to pull people together. The senitent races have been doing this since they could communicate I think so it is a good idea. Keep us together, salute the banner and all that. Binding a people together as army or family we will cling to life harder I think. Good job."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon, beset with a thick mood of melancholy, simply smiles faintly and nods at the unveiled symbol, with no words of his own to offer.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu smiles a bit wanly and studies the forest floor while Aubrin speaks. When she presents the banner he looks up and quirks his mouth in more genuine happiness. He nods along with the conversation, particularly appreciating Aubrin's follow-up, then adds "If anything's going to get us all through this alive, it's the forest. It's hidden us from the hobs, it's given us sustenance and shelter, and gods willing it'll help us win this fight someday. So it's perfect that our standard is a symbol of that forest."

Getting a little more worked up than he was expecting when he started, Alezandu gestures grandly at the staff. "When we march back into Phaendar, I will be proud to do so under this banner, and under Aubrin's wise leadership. And mark my words, we will return."

As Alezandu finishes speaking, Shadow rises from his shoulder and flies over to settle atop the standard's crossbeam. She spreads her wings wide, lets out a piercing cry, and launches herself skywards.


:: Lamashan 2 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

The crowd seems to have a weight lift off them at Alezandu's words and Shadows actions. Aubrin's face blanches. "What are you saying! I have no desire to rule!" She coughs out.

Some one in the crowd shouts out, "What are our next steps? Whats the plan? We've been hand to mouth for too long! Please let us know!" You can't tell who yelled, but their sentiment seems to be felt through out the crowd.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu hesitates for a moment, hoping someone else will step forward and give a more eloquent answer, but when the pause lingers he addresses the crowd himself. "I can't pretend we have everything worked out, and the food situation will probably remain tight for a while, but the council does have some plans on where to go from here. We discovered a network of caves to the east of with a source of water and a very defensible entrance. It... used to contain some troglodytes, but we ended up having to fight them and ultimately won. Regardless, it's a perfect spot to establish a base camp where we'll have some security from the hobs and can stockpile supplies. Even if they find us there, I'm sure we can make the caves a very tough nut for them to crack."

"Beyond just setting up a temporary home for ourselves, we need to take offensive action as well. A recently acquired ally, the centaur Yorc here, has given us intelligence that the group of hobs who attacked Gristledown under the command of a notorious leader named Scarvinious are now camped somewhere to the northwest. Once our presence in the caves is established, we're planning on scouting them out and then launching a preemptive strike before they can discover us and report back to the main hob army. Hopefully we can finally get a real victory as a down payment on our revenge for what happened at Phaendar."

"If we succeed in securing supplies and defenses for the caves and removing Scarvinious as a threat, we can start launching raids to hamper the hobs and get a better idea of what they're after and how far their invasion extends. We could even try mounting a rescue mission to Phaendar if things are looking good enough. But, if we want to win this in the end, we're also going to need help. I'm sure a massive hobgoblin attack like this will be a top priority for the Chernasardo Rangers, and it's important we ensure that the Forest Marshal back in Tamran knows what's going on as well. Things may look bleak now, but Nirmathas is not just going to let something like this happen without a fight. We've beaten Molthune time and again, and we can beat these hobs too."

Also, did Edran have any of the items Alezandu requested back in this post?

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,032 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.