Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,023 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"I suppose we should just head south then?" Alezandu proposes in a hushed tone. He begins walking, bow at the ready and eyes watching the crysmal intently.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas follows behind Alezandu, checking himself to make sure he doesn't have anything that even looks like a gemstone showing.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Pushing south into the misty room, you can see two large stone doors that block the only way to continue forward.

The crysmal seems to become very excited as Claustipher comes nearer, and starts moving towards him.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu watches the crysmal suspiciously, training his bow on the approaching creature. "Should I fire?" he asks Claustipher.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Fairly sure the creature will not understand Claustipher tries speaking Undercommon.

""Manje manje. Asikho isidingo sokuza lapha."

undercommon:

""Now now. No need to come over here.""

"Lets hope it dosn't come to close. Ten feet and we will need to kill it I think. Not sure what else to do."


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"You wearing any gems?", Olivia asks, "I don't think we have time to waste here..."


Claustipher is listed as carrying gems in the loot sheet...


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Oh bother, hmmm."

Claustipher starts rummaging though his pack.

"Forgot i was carrying some gems. Should we hand them over or deal with this thing. Money isn't much use at the moment really."

IF the others give the slightest hint of not caring about the gems he will toss them away from the group. Really at his age money is not a motivating factor, they were just easy to carry.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Let’s just hope it doesn’t decide to follow us like a stray dog. Is it intelligent, or is it the Earth plane version of a raccoon?”


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Starting to toss the gems, underand, towards the floor in front of the creature.

To Hit Right IN Front: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 AC 5 is not sure thing from him

"Raccoon I think. Probably not as creative either."


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I agree, just give it the gems it wants and lets go.", Olivia stays ready in case the creature decides to attack anyway.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas waits while Claustipher distracts the creature then edges past, moving towards the next room. he stops at the large stone doors and tries to determine if they are stuck or locked, and if there are any sounds coming from the other side.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Claustipher tosses the gemstones to the crysmal. The crysmal wiggles a bit, like a cat about to pounce, then frolics amongst the gem stones before trying to swallow them hole. It seems content to completely ignore you for now.

You all reach the door, and you can hear muttering on the other side that sounds like troglodytes talking. You can also hear the muted sounds of some one in a gag.

Mainly want to know if this is going to be a hard and fast combat entrance, or a diplomatic entrance. Also, please place your tokens where you want to be in front of the door. I don't want to use a standard door order for this entrance.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I don't think talking is an option after all we've been through, we should just storm the room fast and neutralize them before they can react."


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu nods grimly and aims his bow at the door.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Agreed. for better or worse, the time for talking is over. let us aim to end this quickly. but hold one moment while I seek Iomedae for some help

Elyas steps back to allow the front line fighters space in front of the door. before they go through, Elyas calls upon a measure of divine favor and gives Falcon Shield of Faith and casts Magic Weapon on himself.

My suggestion would be for Olivia and Falcon to take the 2 squares in front of the doors, followed by Elyas and Alezandu with Claus in the back


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Yes yes, I agree. I will be right behind you youngsters I am sure. I really only have enough energy for one spell left today so I will do what little an old man can."

Clautipher looks rather unhappy going in so low on power but really what else can he do.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon nods his thanks for the spell, puts a hand on the door latch, and waits for everybody to be ready before throwing it open and rushing in.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia gets in position to the side of Falcon and readies herself to strike.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Falcon throws the door open.

Enormous salt crystals hang from the ceiling here, glittering in the light of a glowing blue crystal set in an inhuman, insectlike statue in the center of the floor. Mist drifts along the floor of the circular chamber, swirling in the gentle currents of air. The western wall has collapsed into stony debris, but on the eastern wall a carving of a huge, withered dragon’s face leers above a metallic door set deep in the stone. Woven mats made of dried grasses cover the floor, while bundles of dried herbs hang from the walls, filling the room with a pungent grassy odor.

Five troglodytes stand in the room. Three look like the average troglodytes you've been fighting. One looks a bit like Tanelin, likely a priest of some sort. The last has an elaborate set of clothes, and is likely the Ighiz you have heard of. Tied up at the foot of the statue is the companion you come to rescue.

Alezandu Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Falcon Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Claustipher Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Elyas Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Olivia Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Alezandu Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claustipher Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Elyas Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Falcon Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Olivia Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Initiative Trogs: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Init Adept: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Init Ighiz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

As the doors stop moving, the troglodytes all cry out, and an awful stench pours out over you. You start coughing at the smell and most of you maintain your composure. Alezandu ends up feeling it worse than the rest and becomes ill feeling. Alezandu is sickened for 10 rounds.

Initiative

Round 1 - Olivia, Trogs, Falcon, Ighiz, Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept

Olivia is up.

I think I am going to leave initiative as it is for the moment. It will slow things down a bit, but there isn't a great way to shuffle people that I can see.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Bardiche in hand.

As soon as the door opens, Olivia's bardiche descends into the nearest troglodyte's head.

Attack(Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 = 7

Olivia will AoO whoever she can and use Bodyguard if one of her allies is attacked for +4 AC, I'll just pre-roll a bunch of AoO/Bodyguard attempts in case needed.

AoOs/Bodyguard:

AoO/Bodyguard 1: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12
AoO/Bodyguard 2: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12
AoO/Bodyguard 3: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 3 = 10
AoO/Bodyguard 4: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 = 16Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Olivia's strike rips into the nearest troglodyte, causing a wound to open on it.

The troglodytes all step forward, to careful for Olivia to strike at. One attacks Falcon and the other two attack Olivia. The troglodyte attacking Falcon misses its first strike, then one the second Olivia helps come to his defense. Between Falcon's skills, Elyas' magic and Olivia's aid the next two strikes miss.

The two troglodytes attacking Olivia lay into her. One Olivia struck seems timid and can't commit to striking, failing each time. The second troglodyte snaps at Olivia, missing with its teeth. The next two strikes land on Olivia's armor winding her. Olivia takes 7 damage.

Yellow vs Falcon

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Pink vs Olivia

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Green vs Olivia

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Claw crit?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage crit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative

Round 1 - Olivia, Yellow, Pink(-7), Green, Falcon, Ighiz, Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept
Round 2 - Olivia, Yellow, Pink(-7), Green, Falcon, Ighiz, Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept

Falcon is up. Sorry for the delay, went tout to watch Endgame last night.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Trip vs yellow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Vicious stomp vs yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Trip vs pink: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
PA Vicious stomp vs pink: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Falcon sets out to upend both trogs. Not sure about yellow, but pink is definitely on its butt, with a sore jaw from Falcon’s boot as well.

AoO If yellow stands: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26
AoO confirm If yellow stands: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24
Damage: 2d10 + 18 ⇒ (2, 3) + 18 = 23

AoO If pink stands: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Falcon trips both troglodytes, killing the second one with a well placed stomp.

Ighis cries out in dismay and begins a quick chant and gesture, ending by pointing a small piece of iron directly at Falcon. Falcon feels his limbs slow and movement becomes difficult for a moment before he shakes off the effects.

Falcon Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Initiative

Round 1 - Olivia, Yellow, Pink(-19), Green, Falcon, Ighiz, Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept
Round 2 - Olivia, Yellow, Green, Falcon, Ighiz, Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Hoping to take Ighiz out of the fight before her magic can have an impact, Alezandu tries to thread a pair of arrows between his companions at the troglodyte spellcaster.

Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot -sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 5
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim -sickened: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 9
Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot -sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 10
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim -sickened: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 9


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher gets close to the back of the group, mumbles a few words, and opens his mouth in a silent scream targeted at the troglodyte that looks like a priest.

Ear Pierceing Scream: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4 + Dazed DC15 Negates Dazed

Well that is some crap damage.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas pulls out a piece of flint and some dust and speaks an invocation to Iomedae. from his hand springs a mote of light that travles into the center of the room and explodes in a flash of shimmering light!

Elyas casts Burst of Radience on the spot indicated by the yellow sun, which I believe catches all of the trogs in the 10 foot radius burst

The light makes those in the area have to close their eyes quickly or be blinded, and sears the flesh of evil creatures.
DC 15 reflex save for each. Failure causes blindness for: 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds
Success reduces the condition to dazzled instead.
regardless of save, if they are evil, they take damage: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10 points of damage


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Fort Save Adept: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Reflex Save Ighiz: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Reflex Save Adept: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Reflex Save Yellow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Reflex Save Green: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Alezandu's arrows fly wide, but Claustipher's and Elyas' spells seem to be quite effective, with all the troglodytes being damages. Ighiz and the two regular adepts appear blinded. The priestly one adept remains functional.

The adept chants and gesticulates, a pasty white substance in his hand. A slick pool of grease appears under the front four party members. Dashed square shows where the grease is. Everyone except for Elyas maintains their balance. Elyas unfortunately falls to the ground prone.

Claustpher hears an odd clinking noise behind him, and with a brief look he can see the crysmal pushing the gem stones that were tossed to it together into a likeness of itself.

Alezandu Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Elyas Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Falcon Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Olivia Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Initiative

Round 2 - Olivia, Yellow, Green, Falcon, Ighiz, Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept(-12)
Round 3 - Olivia, Yellow_-10,B), Green(-10,B), Falcon, Ighiz (-10,B), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept

Olivia again.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Bardiche in hand, Olivia can't attack the troglodytes as they are too close to her. Unable to move away, Olivia decides to wait and see if an opening presents itself.

Olivia delays. If she posts before her next turn she will move to that initiative count. Not really much else I can do with this.

The troglodyte Falcon tripped tries to stand. Falcon puts his foot through its skull.

The remaining regular troglodyte, shakes its heads trying to clear its eyes. It blinks some and seems to get its bearings back. Green is no longer blind.

Initiative

Round 2 - Olivia, Yellow, Green, Falcon, Ighiz(-10,B), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept(-12)
Round 3 - Olivia, Green(-10), Falcon, Ighiz (-10), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher, Adept(-12)

Falcon is up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon charges forwards to attack the enemy exactly south of him (not sure if that’s the adept or Ighiz). Whichever it is, Falcon rears back and puts all his strength behind an overhead roundhouse with his sansetsukon.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 27
Power Attack confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 25
Damage: 2d10 + 18 ⇒ (3, 6) + 18 = 27


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Olivia moves out of the greased area and into range of the next troglodyte, she swings.

Attack(Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12
Attacking the troglodyte to the south, provokes from Green when moving


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Sorry, I completely missed that Falcon was on a grease spell. Obviously, no changing, so please -2 from those attack rolls. I’ll roll some Acrobatics.Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Falcon and Olivia get through the grease and lay into their targets. Both their blows land solidly, slaying their opponents.

Ighiz shouts, "Stop or I kill the captive!" She doesn't seem to be able to see quite yet, but tenses in anticipation, morning star in hand but not aimed at anything in particular. She looks prepared.

She will no longer be blind after Elyas next action.

Initiative

Round 2 - Olivia, Yellow, Green, Falcon, Ighiz(-10,B), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher
Round 3 - Olivia, Falcon, Ighiz (-10), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas is slightly embarrassed by his fall. he tries to regain his footing
acrobatics: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8
unfortunately with the slick surface and his armor, he is unable to get back up. he sinks back to the ground and instead tries another divine spell, trying to aid in bringing down the last Trog.

he speaks a few words of prayer and a silvery longsword appears from the air beside Ighiz and swings through the air at the temporarily blinding spellcaster.
cast spiritual weapon, targeted at Ighiz

spiritual weapon. BAB + Wisdom: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
crit confirm??: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Rather than risking slipping on the grease, Alezandu remains stationary and tries to knock Ighiz out of commission with another couple of arrows before she regains her sight.

Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot -sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 5
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim -sickened: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 10
Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot -sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 5
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim -sickened: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 4

Wow, the dice really seem to hate me for some reason.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

I realized that per post 1395 there's actually two captive, Teaheel and Kae. I've added the extra captive to the map. And labelled them.

As Elyas' blow lands, Ighiz's body shudders. Suddenly, her skin pulses and a hail of stone shards burst from it flying violently in all directions. Olivia, Falcon, Teaheel, and Kae all get hit by the explosion, Teaheel and Kae scream and fall silent, their wounds severe. The ground is covered in loose pointed rocks making it difficult to traverse.

Ighiz's readies action went off. Everything inside the green lines is difficult terrain.

Shard Explosion Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
Reflex Falcon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Reflex Olivia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Reflex Teaheel: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
Reflex Kae: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10

Alezandu fires, trying to bring Ighiz down, but misses.

Alezandu it looks like the dice hate everyone currently.

Initiative

Round 2 - Falcon, Olivia, Ighiz (-19,B), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher
Round 3 - Falcon, Olivia, Ighiz (-19), Elyas, Alezandu, Claustipher

I realized that Falcon/Olivia can go as well. So the three in bold are still up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon moves forward due east and attempts to ki throw Ighiz.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26

He grabs the trog spellcaster and flips her up and over, dumping her on the ground adjacent to Olivia.

Vicious Stomp: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia runs up to Teaheel and heals her.

Lay on Hands: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Falcon trips Ighiz, but she squirms out of range of his stomp. Olivia heals Teaheel and the bleeding slows to a stop, his wounds knitting shut. Claustipher seems hesitant to move and not sure what to do. Claustipher delays.

Ighiz stands weathering the storm from Falcon to do so. Falcon make an AoO. Not sure what weapon you want to use. Ighiz begins to chant, arms waving in a defensive manner. After a moment the spell fizzles and Ighiz screams in rage. Failed at casting defensively.

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 7

You are all up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

AoO’s are always with sansetsukon, unless he’s doing a trip, which he can’t do for a standing up AoO.

AoO: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9

Will post action later


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu steps in front of Elyas to get a better shot and continues firing at Ighiz, hoping his recently terrible luck with his arrows will improve.

Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot -sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 14
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim -sickened: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 8
Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot -sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 12
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim -sickened: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 4

Not sure if grease requires a check on 5-foot steps, but if it does:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 01/38 W32/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia turns to Kae and heals her as well.

Lay on Hands: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon balls his fist and pops her one right between the eyes. Then he double fists his sansetsukon and swings for her skull.

Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 and Fort save DC 13 or be stunned for one round

Sansetsukon flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Out of spells there really is little Claustipher can do other then hold back and wait. He is sure he cannot hit anyone with a little splash of acid other then his own companions.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

The force longsword continues to follow the troglodyte and swings again
spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Elyas crawls out of the greased area, then stands up.


:: Rova 31 - Late Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Ighiz weathers the assault the group launches at her, remaining barely standing after its all over.

Roaring, her voice echoing off the walls all around the group. Ighiz lifts her morning star and swings at Falcon. In her weakened state, Ighiz can't swing anywhere near fast enough to touch him.

Morning Star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

The group lays into her again, melee attacks, arrows, and spiritual weapons flying. After its over Ighiz slumps to her knees, beaten beyond repair. You see the light in her eyes wink out as her body hits the ground.

With Olivia's ministrations, Teaheel and Kae stable, but not in good health.

There is also a large set of double doors to the east that are otherworldly in the largely stone chamber, being made of polished, blue steel. It is decorated with a ring of pictograms, and at the center is a depiction of an unusual head with bulging eyes and wisps of hair radiating in every direction. The head— which looks at once like an insect and an old woman— spins freely, and the wheel of pictograms depicts a beetle, a rock, a wedge, a hammer, a crying face, a flame, a claw, a door, a metal bar, a figure standing in triumph, and a bottle.

And out side the chamber, Claustipher notices that where there was once one crysmal, there are now two. The gemstones that make up the second one look suspiciously like the ones Claustipher threw at the first one. Both crysmals are intently watching him.

I would like to welcome you all to level 4.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Excellent! I'll try to get Alezandu leveled up and post tomorrow.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

as the battle ends, Elyas examines injuries on the members of the group. he gathers them around, along with the rescued prisoners and channels energy to bring healing to all in the room.

channel: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

will work on leveling up in the next day or so. I'm travelling right now, but should be able to get it done soon


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 5/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu observes the doors curiously, unsure what their symbols could represent. "Can anyone make heads or tails of this?" he asks. "It looks like it could be some sort of puzzle." He gives them a brief but careful look, trying to detect any traps or hidden features.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Turning back to the rest of the group, Alezandu notices the crysmals staring at Claustipher. "Hmm. Unless we have some plan for controlling those things, we may need to fight them after all. We can't just let them keep multiplying."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas moves to the doors and tries to make sense of the patterns. the iconography so far in this cave has seemed older than its current occupants, making Elyas think it likely doesn't have anything to do with the troglodytes. with that in mind he tries to determine a time period or origin for the door's design, hoping it will help with solving whatever puzzle it presents.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,023 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.