Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,751 to 1,800 of 2,027 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Yes, Edran had everything. I'll update tomorrow in case anyone else wants to chime in.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas nods in appreciation of Alezandu's words, but has nothing to add to the ranger's plan. he is eager to get the group into the caves and start the process of getting people settled in.


:: Lamashan 2 - Morning - Chernasardo Forest ::

The crowd grows silent after Alezandu finishes his speech. After a moment, some people begin to cry, some to clap, all of them moved by the future he is giving them hope for.

Aubrin moves to stand beside Alezandu and claps him on the shoulder, thrusting the banner in the air. Everyone cheers a bit as she does so.

"Let us follow Alezandu and the to our new home! We will do our best to make it out own until we can reclaim our real ones!"

With that, everyone starts moving. The group leads the way, navigating the forests back to the troglodyte's old cave.

Due to your actions and the conditions they've been able to maintain, the refugees have decent morale and are hopeful for the future. Claustipher, Elyas, Falcon, and Olivia, you can each select two NPCs to gain a level. Alezandu please select 5 NPCs to gain a level. Any given NPC can only gain one level. If you want to feel free to talk it over as a group and decide in the discussion page.

.

:: Lamashan 2 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

Moving slowly to try and gather food on the way, it takes a good portion of the day to get to the cave entrance. Once you arrive, the five of you lead a group of the guards with Kining and Aubrin in past the screaming mushroom.

As the screaming dies down, your group explores the upper level. You note that there are some cave fishers in the room with the pond, but Kining assures you that the others can deal with them. Other than that, the upper level is quite secure. Leaving the other guards at the top, Kining and Aubrin descend to the lower level with you.

You sweep through the area, Kining commenting on wanting to get the forge running again. Approaching the final room where you fought Ighiz, you enter and see four crysmals frolicking about the room. They all seem quite intent on Claustipher.

"I'm glad you didn't harm them." Aubrin says. "They're a bit of a nuisance, but harmless overall. And they might give Ngithembekile someone to talk to."

Kining simply walks over to the large door with the rotating lock on it, "So do you know how to open it?"


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas does what he can to help move people in to the caves, speaking an encouraging word where he can to keep spirits up. he is impressed with how high morale is right now, considering all of the hardships the group has gone through. hopefully getting settled in a more sturdy camp will help even more.

on the lower level, Elyas also examines the door.
"Our best guess is that the rotating stones act as a lock, and need to be placed in specific order to unlock it. we found writing in the other room that may indicate the correct placement, but we wanted to hold off on opening it until we had reported back.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu nods at Elyas' words. "I'm somewhat hesitant to uncover what could be a new set of problems right now, but we probably should at least try to get it open before leaving to deal with Scarvinious. At some point it would also be a good idea to explore that other tunnel to the northeast, particularly to see if it leads to the surface. Having a second, hopefully hidden entrance would be very useful if we have to endure a siege here."


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 0/38 W27/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Yes, I think we should deal with possible problems here before moving on."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Pull the ropes up before we open it. If there is something in there and it gets past us, we don’t want it to have easy access to the people up above.”


:: Lamashan 2 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

With preparations out of the way, the group goes to the door and turns the stone lock in the pattern they had discussed earlier. The as the last bit falls into place the door slowly grinds open, revealing that a threestepped riser fills most of the room beyond, atop which lies a stone sarcophagus depicting a vaguely insectoid creature similar to the ones depicted in statuary seen in the other rooms.

As the group enters and explores the room, you find that there are four lidless stone coffers placed around the dais containing 115 cp, 730 sp, 335 gp, 10 pp, 14 amethysts (worth 25 gp each), nine aquamarines (worth 30 gp each), a +1 buckler, two steadfast gutstonesUE, and a belt made of interlocking jade plates (a hefty belt of mighty constitution +2).

Aubrin and Kining wait outside the room while you explore.

I figured that since there was only a reward room I might as well move the game ahead. If there was anything other than that I'd have waited until someone acted to open the door.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Well, certainly nice to have a pleasant surprise for once," Alezandu remarks when the treasure is revealed. "I say we keep everything that isn't directly useful in a group treasury until we get the chance to sell the gems and spend the money." He leaves the magical items for his more melee-focused comrades.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 0/38 W27/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"We do have four Crysmals around so might be a good idea to keep those locked inside."


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Given his comrades' apparent lack of interest in the loot, Alezandu takes the belt and says, "All right, I'm for heading out now to look for Scarvinious, ideally with Yorc by our side. I suppose we could also wait until tomorrow morning, but leaving immediately seems better to me."


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I agree with Olivia, we should store these in a safe space. this vault is likely as safe as anywhere, now that we know how to operate it. that dealt with, we should start out immediately to deal with the hobgoblin.

what time of day is it? if not near ngihtfall, I vote for immediately moving out


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 0/38 W27/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I have no problem with that, ready whenever you are."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”This area would also make for a good retreat space as a last resort for our people. When we’ve built up enough stores, we should consider locating some of them in here, and destroy the clues outside on how to open this door. If the camp is attacked while we’re away, it might allow some people to survive until our return.”


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

that seems like a good idea Falcon. is there any way to open the doors from wihtin? It should only be used in emergency, but is a good backup to have.

Elyas readies himself and is prepared to leave as soon as the group seems set. having a plan in mind is refreshing, even if they don't know much about what to expect, having a plan to lash out at the hobgoblins is a great improvement from being on the run like animals in a hunt.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu nods in agreement at Falcon's suggestion and Elyas' assent. He then heads upstairs and asks Yorc to accompany the expedition to find Scarvinious before waiting for everyone to assemble at the cave network's entrance.


:: Lamashan 2 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

It's about 2-3 in the afternoon, so there's some time left to head out.

The group takes what they want locks the rest of their new found riches in the vault again, Aubrin and Kining promising to keep the lock code a secret to use for storing valuable items and important things.

The group heads back upstairs. At the entrance you can see some people starting to move in, and a large group getting together to deal with the cave fishers. Yorc stands outside the door, looking out at the forest.

"Thank you for having me along." Yorc says, "Which direction should we head in? There's a lot of forest to search through, but we know Scarvinous was at Gristledown. If his job was to search the forest for the rangers and cut off refugees, he is likely west of here somewhere."

I've updated the map. Let me know what direction you want to head out in and we will get moving. Also, please update the loot sheet. anything not taken will be put in the vault.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Where’s his base of operations? If he’s out, we could hit it.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Going west seems the best choice, yes. And I agree with Falcon that an attack on Scarvinious' base is an excellent idea if it's vulnerable. I can also deploy Shadow as an aerial scout, which should help considerably in allowing us to find the hobs without being spotted ourselves."


:: Lamashan 2 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

"I don't know where his base is, but it would likely be the best place to find him." Yorc looks troubled at the thought. "I am not looking forward to this fight. Scarvinious is a cruel and calculating individual, he will show us no mercy."

I'll move ahead tomorrow, just waiting on input from others.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

"Agreed, let's work our way West and see if we can locate his group. if we are able ot spot him first we can dictate the battle better, but we should be prepared in case he hunts us down first"

in response to Yorc, Elyas says
"I would expect nothing less. I have very little mercy to show him either."


:: Lamashan 2 - Afternoon - Chernasardo Forest ::

The group gathers and heads out west, the others happily filing into the caves, happy to have something secure and permanent feeling for a change.

Alezandu scouts ahead of the group, trying to find a decent path for Yorc to follow as well as keep the group headed westward. Travelling through the woods is fairly easy, though the temperature was getting more brisk in the evening air.

A bit before sunset, the group finds a small clearing and sets up camp for the night. Feeling the shill in the air, Alezandu takes some time to looks at what the weather is doing. Taking 10 on survival gives a 24, +1 for ease of use on my part, gives 25. So 3 days worth of weather. It's posted on the calendar.

Alezandu notes that fall has definitely arrived and is coming in hard.

As the group is about to settle in for the night, Alezandu hears a stick snap to the west with the slightest hint of a boot sliding.

Spoiler:

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Claustipher Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Elyas Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Falcon Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Olivia Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Yorc Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu freezes for an instant, then grabs his bow, knocks an arrow, and turns to face the sound in one smooth motion. Trying to stay quiet, he scans the forest for any sign of the intruder, shouting to alert everyone else if he spots an immediate threat.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon is instantly on his feet, staff in hand, and waiting.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 0/38 W27/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia tightens the grip on her Bardiche, ready to charge if she sees a hobgoblin.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

When Elyas sees the others react and stands and draws a sword as quickly as possible.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Coming out of his thoughts Claustipher looks around a bit but knows it is unlikely he will spot anything. Still he grabs his staff and struggles to his feet.


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Claustipher Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Elyas Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Falcon Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Olivia Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

While the others looks around watching, listening, and hearing nothing. Alezandu is certain that something is out there 50 to 100 feet to their west, the foliage making it difficult to determine anything other than that from here.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu looks back at the others, holds a finger to his lips, and points to the west. He then begins moving slowly and carefully northwest to try to get a better view, keeping his bow trained on the area where he heard the sound.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Alezandu also signals Shadow with hand gestures and a soft, imitated birdcall, prompting her to fly up and perch near the top of a tree at the western edge of the clearing, scanning the undergrowth from above.

Shadow Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 0/38 W27/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia stays in place, waiting for something to happen while avoiding making any noise.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Want me to light it up? or wait a tick? Elyas holds a stone in his hand, ready to cast light on it


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 7

Alezandu quietly sneaks into the woods, slowly weaving through the shadows like a specter.

As Alezandu goes, the rest of the group sits and waits, unable to see or hear anything, even their companion.

Creeping northwest, after about fifty feet, Alezandu notices three figures. One figure, a humanoid, is crouched with a bow about about 50 feet away to his left, due west of the camp. Two figures, one a humanoid with a bow one dog or wolf like, are crouched to his right about 40 feet away, due north of the camp.

Neither group seems to have noticed Alezandu and are watching the camp. From the shapes of their features, the humanoids look like hobgoblins.

I added a simply positional layout to the combat map for reference.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu crouches in the underbrush and considers his options for a moment. Concluding that sneaking back to give a detailed report to the others would sacrifice his useful position and potentially the element of surprise, he instead whispers an incantation and runs a hand over his bow, imbuing it with magic.

He then nocks one his magical arrows and takes very careful aim at the hobgoblin north of the camp. Alezandu lets it fly before ducking quickly behind a tree, and the arrow bursts into flame in mid-flight. Betting that the arrow's light and hopefully the hobgoblin's sound of pain will alert his companions to its position, he turns his attention towards the foe to the west.

Casting gravity bow and then sniping with a flaming arrow at the northern hobgoblin, using Ironfang Survivor to roll twice for Stealth.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage +fire: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 + (2) = 6
Stealth -sniping: 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 5 = 10
Ironfang Survivor: 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 5 = 19


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Elyas Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Olivia Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claustipher Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Falcon Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Yorc Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Spoiler:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

L1R2: 1d2 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Alezandu fires an arrow off at the hobgoblin north of the group. As the arrows ignites, the hobgoblin looks surprised then it hits her armour bruising and burning her.

Screaming out and looking around, the hobgoblin mutters something under her breath to the hound, which starts sniffing everywhere as the hobgoblin disappears into the underbrush.

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

I've left her icon in place so you know where her start point was, but nobody can see the hobgoblin to the north. And only Alezandu actually knows where the hound and the hobgoblin to the west are.

Initiative

Round 1 - Orlu [-6], Carf, Falcon, Purple, Elyas, Claustipher, Yorc, Alezandu

Falcon's up. Any square more than 1/2 covered in tree is difficult terrain. If it looks like there would be a tree trunk in the way, then you get cover.

Also remember its twilight so unless you have low light vision, your vision is also impaired.\

Map updated.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon double moves 7 squares straight north, towards the general direction of the flaming burst. He moves as quietly as possible, trying to blend into the foliage.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 5 = 13


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Spoiler:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

As Falcon moves north, the hogoblin to the west shouts, "Ta on kohe seal! Shalra jaoks!" Pulling out a battle axe, the hobgoblin closes the distance with Alezandu.

Initiative

Round 1 - Orlu [-6], Carf, Falcon, Purple, Elyas, Claustipher, Yorc, Alezandu
Round 2 - Orlu [-6], Carf, Falcon, Purple, Elyas, Claustipher, Yorc, Alezandu

Everyone else us up.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas casts Light on his sword, drawing it as he moves towards the sounds in the bushes.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Not comfortable in the mostly dark conditions Claustipeher moves with Elyas after casting Mage Armor on himself.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Well, at least they gave away their position, Alezandu comments wryly to himself as the hobgoblin approaches. Stepping east to withdraw from his assailant, he opens fire on the hobgoblin.

Attack +Point-Blank Shot-Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 11
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 + 1 + 4 = 14
Dim Light Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 11

Attack +Point-Blank Shot-Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 22
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 1 + 1 + 4 = 17
Dim Light Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 83


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | VP 0/38 W27/32 T16 | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia aproaches the closest Hobgoblin, covering as much distance as she can.


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Elyas and Claustipher move forward in the glow of Elyas' blade, trying to close the distance. Olivia surges ahead of them, out to the lights edge.

Yorc canters forward, trying to keep the entire group linked together, pulling out his bow as he does. Pushing through the trees takes too much effort for him to find a target and fire. Double moved to a supporting position.

As the group moves ahead, Elyas hears a whistle from his left, then feels the impact on something on his ribs. Looking towards the noise and not feeling any pain, Elays sees another hobgoblin.

Blue vs Elyas, bow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 6

Falcon sees a large shape rush towards him through the trees, and the glint of steel as a weapon swings toward him. Falcon can't react in time as the blade slashes down across his chest. Falcon receives 10 damage.

The figure lets out a sharp whistle and the hound bursts forward to her side, teeth bared and chomping. The hound is more bark than bite though as Falcon easily dodges the attack.

Orlu vs Falcon, scimitar: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10
Carf vs Falcon, bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Alezandu fires an arrow at the hobgoblin, seeing blood spray everywhere. With a cry, the hobgoblin turns and flees.

Initiative

Round 2 - Orlu [-6], Carf, Purple [-17, fleeing], Falcon, Elyas, Claustipher, Yorc, Alezandu, Olivia, Blue
Round 2 - Orlu [-6], Carf, Purple [-17], Falcon, Elyas, Claustipher, Yorc, Alezandu, Olivia, Blue

I need to apologize for forgetting to put Olivia in the initiative order. Thank you for taking a turn and making up for my error.

I have switched Falcon and purple for ease of use. Blue was also demoted from between Claustipher and Elyas, not that you'd have known that really.

You are all up again.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon takes a 5-foot step left, then grabs at Orlu.

Ki Throw: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
He flips the hobgoblin over his hip and drops him into the space between himself and Yorc.

Vicious Stomp: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28 (flanking; advantage)
Vicious Stomp: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 (flanking; advantage)
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

For his flurry attack, he attempts to batter in the creature’s skull
Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 28 (flanking; advantage)
Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 18 (flanking; advantage)
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 22
Damage: 2d10 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4) + 12 + 12 = 33


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

If Orlu stands:

For his AoO, Falcon will attempt a disarm. He has the feat Dirty Fighting that lets him make combat maneuvers without the Improved Feat without provoking an AoO when he’s flanking, albeit without the standard +2 bonus. If you would prefer to rule that this also negates the advantage, that seems quite reasonable to me. In such case, please ignore the second roll.

Disarm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Disarm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Edit: in fact, just ignore them both. Good grief! Nothing to see here.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Confident that his companions can handle the other attackers and determined to stop word of their presence from reaching Scarvinious, Alezandu uses a minor spell to surround his boots with springy green auras which raise them an inch or so off the ground. His speed thus enhanced, he dashes after the fleeing hobgoblin.

As Alezandu runs he whistles to Shadow and points at his quarry, prompting her to take flight from her perch and end up about 20 feet above the retreating foe. Finally, as he closes with the hobgoblin Alezandu uses the fragments of Goblin he's picked up recently to call out, "Peatu! Ei taha sind tappa!"

Goblin:
Stop! No want kill you!


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas is taken by surprise by the sudden attack from the flank. he hesitates for a moment, about to go charging after the new threat, but realizes that will leave his allies suddenly without light. instead he moves up right behind Yorc, shedding light on as much as possible. he reaches out, calling forth a blessing on Yorc from his goddess.

use bit of luck, giving Yorc advantage on all of his d20 rolls for the next round.


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

Centaur hooves, gotta love 'em.

Falcon steps forward, throwing Orlu to the ground and crushing her ribs. The hound, Carf, whimpers and curls up beside her unconscious body, growling.

Elyas stays put to help Yorc find a target, while Claustipher and Olivia move in close to keep a tight group.

Yorc fires an arrow at the hobgoblin to the south, narrowly missing.

Yorc vs Blue, long bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

With the arrow fired by Yorc, the hobgoblin flees southward at full speed.

Alezandu chases the hobgoblin for a ways. After catching up, the hobgoblin attempts to out run him but he easily keeps pace. Panting the hobgoblin stops, keeping about 10 feet from Alezandu. "What do you want" she says in much better common than Alezandu's goblin.

Combats over. Alezandu is about 250 feet from the rest of the group. If any one wants to chase to the south let me know.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Training his bow on the hobgoblin, Alezandu responds, "Mainly to stop you from giving away our position to your murderous Legion, though if you're feeling particularly helpful I wouldn't mind knowing where Scarvinious is based."

As Shadow watches intently from a branch above and behind the hobgoblin, he continues, "Now, if you don't want another of my arrows, drop that axe and slowly circle around me until you're between me and our camp, then start walking back towards it. I'll be behind you." He remains prepared to shoot if she tries to flee or fight again.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Damn! Elyas yells as the second hobgoblin starts to flee. Stop him! he yells, not sure who will actually listen. Yorc could probably catch the goblin, but Elyas wasn't confident the centaur would put in the effort.

in a last-ditch move Elyas casts a spell on the hobgoblin, trying to pin it down.
Hold Person on the fleeing goblin, DC 16 will save or be stuck in place.


:: Lamashan 2 - Nightfall - Chernasardo Forest ::

As Alezandu continues to hold his bow on the hobgoblin she says, "If you plan on executing me after an interrogation, do it now. I've nothing to say to you." She holds the axe at the ready.

Firing the bow will result in an initiative roll to see what happens...

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

As Elays calls for someone to stop the hobgoblin, his spell takes affect, freezing it in place.

Yorc trots over and ties the hobgoblin up.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Well, we do have the ability to actually hold prisoners now, so I personally would be against killing you," Alezandu replies. "I can't promise that all my compatriots will agree though. Anyway, it's up to you. Certain death now or a chance at survival as a prisoner and maybe freedom someday. But I definitely can't let you escape."

1,751 to 1,800 of 2,027 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.