Hollow's Revolution (Red Side)

Game Master vayelan

Party Loot

Maps:
Falcon's Hollow (Town Map)
Darkmoon Vale (Regional Map)

Current Encounter: Roadside Ambush


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,706 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel smirks at Helgrim's remark and says,"Not me. I find you all entirely confusing and weird. Though that just makes me more naive than dumb which is why I trust your intuition more. Im just worried that she'll try to harm her by force."


Helgrim:
Jalene is interested only in saving her own skin. She will cooperate as long as you provide her with the best chance of survival. However, if she believes she has a chance to escape - fleeing both prison and reprisal from Kreed - she will likely grasp at that chance.

Of course, you strongly suspect that your show of force has cowed her along with Vorshin's people, at least for now.

As they pass, sent to fetch firewood or to relieve themselves behind a shrub, the caravan guards warily eye Helgrim's axe blade catching the campfire's light as he sharpens it, then sets it upon the sparse grass. If any of them were of a mind to cause trouble, they are given reason to reconsider. This is doubly so once the rest of the party returns.

Nevertheless, with the night deepening around you, you face the prospect of keeping watch against not only whatever beasts may prowl the plains, but also against treachery from your own escorts.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Are we back then?


Yes, you have returned to camp without incident.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

As the group returns Freyja interjects Thank you for humoring me with that visit. We really gained little knowledge but news that there are no known threats along the road is welcome indeed.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Well Kit, I technically still am one. I am more of a reservist for my unit should they need me. I still train. though it's been a few years"he said walking forward with no real shift in his voice.

----Back at the Camp---

"Helgrim, whats' with the steel?" he says looking at the ax. He looks about eyeing the guards and smiling."I see, good call."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Catching on to the situation Freyja says Let me know when its my turn to watch. Until then I'll be using Jalene as a pillow.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel may not have the best grasp of the common tongue, but he is well aware of what has transpired. He nods to the dwarf and says...

Sylvan:
"I shall be one of the deep night watch, Helgrim. I, like you, have excellent night vision."

He smiles and prepares to get a little sleep before his turn comes.


A half moon shines above the wide Darkmoon Plain. Although there is no wind to speak of, the air remains cool. The caravan guards and drivers draw their cloaks and blankets close to fend off the chill. The horses and mules also huddle close together.

The distant howl of a wolf upon the plains occasionally punctuates the night, keeping the watch rotation on edge. Thankfully, no packs of the beasts come charging out of the dark, and the night seems to pass uneventfully.

Perception DC 20:
During the night, you notice Vorshin talk to one of her guards keeping watch. You cannot hear what she says, but the guard soon affixes a saddle upon his horse. He does not immediately mount the steed, instead quietly leading it back to the road. Only once he is a fair distance from camp does he climb into the saddle and ride south.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
gonna go ahead and guess Boggel noticed that

When Vorshin is occupied elsewhere, Boggel steps over to Wulf and gently rouses him. "Do not act alarmed. Vorshin has sent one of her guards south on horseback. He was curiously quiet about it," he whispers.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf rises and gets back on his uniform top and looks at Boggel.

Slyvan:
"So a single rider, Okay, you got anyway of sending work to the Sheriff?"
She says grabbing the coffee pot and heading over to the fire to stoke it so he can get it started.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel shakes his head.


The rest of the caravan stirs and rises, feeding brush upon the fire to stoke it for breakfast. Grains are poured into the pot to form a thin porridge.

Since Boggel has brought your attention to the matter, you also notice that some of the caravan's animal drivers have also curiously noted the rider's absence. The caravan guards, however, do not seem surprised.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

Helgrim fixes Wulf and Boggel with a baleful eye and whispers

”Part of me just wants to rush her now then hack up the rest’ag the bastards before they can armor up. <<<Hurrumphf>>> And take my damn gold back. Conniving little half green skinned . . . <<<grumble mumble mumble mumble>>>.”


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Freyja notices too.

We can't attack her unprovoked Helgrim. Lets see if I can get her to provoke us. Freuja says with a smile/ Everyone ready? Freyja begins to walk towards Vorshin.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel just standards their awkwardly not knowing what is going on. "Ready for what? Ill just follow your lead," she says while following Freyja.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"We don't want to attack, Helgrim, and watch your biases there," cautions Qitaba. "What we want is answers."

Sylvan:

"Wulf--keep a blade on that prisoner."

Kit follows Freyja, flexing his fingers.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Celestial:
"Ugh Fine"
he says as he flips out a dagger and taps the underneath part of Jolenes chin.

Slyvan:
"How ruffian do I need to look"
He says trying to harken back to his early days working with his unit.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Helgrim, you wanna fetch us some coffee? I'd hate to waste it before the kerfuffle" He says eyeing Jolene. Pretty sure they were gonna get into a fight.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Walking business like to the caravan leader Freyja calls out Vorshin, a word. You might think you were being clever and sneaky last night, but we keep our own watch. You sent a rider south and did so with the intent to deceive. I saw you do so myself. And while most of us were gone to visit that fort you and yours exceeded your due by pushing to question our prisoner. We have paid good gold for your escort and protection now I am thinking we need protection from you! I'd know what you mean by all of this and I'd have your answer now. Freyja stands with hands on her hips and one of those hands quite near her blade.


Female Half-Orc Warrior (NPC)

Vorshin glowers, affecting a look of confusion for a moment before she offers an exasperated groan.

"I sent him ahead to Olfden to reserve rooms and stabling at the Silver Bulette in advance of our arrival,"she growls. "Or do you expect me to grovel and apologize for running my business?"


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel eyes Vorshin curiously.
sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Makes no sense. Do you take me for an idiot? You sent him in secret. Do you deny that? Freyja says, not backing down. If you want to be trusted, act trustworthy. she growls. Now I'll have the truth.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Half-Orc Warrior (NPC)

Boggel:
You aren't sure whether or not Vorshin is telling the truth. You can tell that she is getting irritated.

"I'm not here to be your friend," she bristles. "My job is to get you safely to Olfden, but if you're going to start making trouble, then I'm not sure I can do that."

Vorshin stands tall with her hands on her hips. She does not place a hand near her weapon, but her guards draw closer and they keep their own weapons ready.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

I'd not be your friend at this point Vorshin. You are going to tell me why you send your man away in secret or I'll have our coin back and to the hells with you.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"...let's be clear, Vorshin, we aren't friends," says the Keleshite, smiling broadly. "This is business. And I'd love for you to to explain why your rider had to walk their horse away quietly, and then ride. That doesn't sound very good to us, you know, regarding the business of our safe transport. Seems like poor business indeed. And if we aren't safe...well. We aren't the sort who enjoy feeling unsafe. Swords tend to manifest, or in my case, spells," concludes Kit.

Intimidate (Linguistics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Kit, what did you mean to roll there?

Boggel does not like this. He does not know if Vorshin has answered truthfully or not, but baiting her... does not feel right.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Helgrim go calm them down, Not much we can do. I will, however, do my due diligence to keep the peace, if that means fighting I will however, I do not wish too."He says to his dwarven friend while seeing Boggel looking worrried.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

The dwarf strolls up to the argument.

”Let us not rush to judgement.”

”She May have asked her rider to walk his horse out so that he didn’t disturb her sleeping clients.”

”Or maybe the rider walked out in case the local bandits were just outside and could intercept if they heard a rider comin.”

”Or maybe she didn’t want a swift rider riling and spooking the other animals who were settled for the night?”

He shrugs his shoulders.

”Heck, maybe it was to test our abilities as guards, or maybe it was a bet on if we would hear it or not.”

He smiles and winks.

”She does like to gamble.”

He then offers in a conciliatory tone.

”And of course, maybe she was worried that rooms would be sold out or not ready because she came south earlier than she had been expecting. After all we did cause them to immediately jump back on the road.”

”Anyway, let’s not start fighting with each other when there are greater dangers about.”

The dwarf takes a moment to scan the horizon looking for external threats as he did regularly.

”So in the end, she sent a rider, we sent a rider . . . Ravens were sent . . . It’s what it is. Vorshin makes this run because there is profit in the risk and I don’t think she’s in it to take unnecessary losses or get her men killed.”

”No profit in that.”

”Both sides have taken precautions because nobody intends to let themselves get dead out here because they were over trustin or just plain not prepared.

The dwarf gestures to Vorshin’s men.

”I am sure none of you feel expendable today, right?! No one wants to be led by someone who is going to get them wantonly slain. Yah know, smote like sheep an’whatnot.”

”Yeah, Vorshin is a survivor and savvy. She knows what she’s doin out here. And I suspect she knows we are going to be the source of more business to come.”

The dwarf gestures to Kit and Freyja.

”We chose Vorshin for this job, because she is the one who makes this run on the regular. She and her crew passing through here aren’t out of the ordinary. She’s the one that’ll get us where we are going, because that is what she does and what she is known for.”

”Those from the Temple, the CO, and the others will be watching for us to arrive with her at our destination.”

Helgrim concludes.

” Let’s just keep our agreement intact and get back to headin south.”


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja looks sour and asks And her interest in our prisoner? Are we to just let that ride as well? But she takes a step back, glad that she made her point and still expecting a reply from the caravan leader.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit has the Orator feat, which uses Linguistics for Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.


Female Half-Orc Warrior (NPC)

Vorshin narrows her eyes at Kit, but any response from her is preempted by Helgrim's own offer of insight. As the dwarf speaks, the caravaneer's eyebrows arch in surprise, but this soon gives way to a pleased smile.

"I'm relieved to see that not all of you are thrifty with wisdom," she says with a slow nod of her head. "I misjudged you, master dwarf. Thank you for seeing things my way and understanding that I'm trying to run a business, and that my business is not trying to murder my customers."

She turns and gestures to her guards, and they visibly ease their stances - loosening their grips upon their spears and swords. Brows unfurrow and sighs are heaved.

"Cragger!" she calls brusquely to one of her porters. "Break out my stash of Bellis Mead. We'll put this all behind us with a decent drink to get the day started."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel key looks at the entire situation very confusef and says to her party," Is she going to betray us or no? "


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Slyvan:
"Doesn't matter yet, just be prepared for anything."
Wulf says as he pulls his dagger from the neck of Jolene and then looks to teh two newcomers.

"Come back get some coffee, ain't much we can do about it now" He says not wanting to play their hand too much.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

The dwarf comes back to Wulf’s and his eyeballs dart about over his coffee mug as he watches the caravaners.

”You gotta remember that I don’t speak that Leaf-speak.”

”Hopefully that was what you were lookin for Wulf.”

He winks at Teasel.

”In the woods when times are tough, the weakest and sickest of the wolf pack get killed and eaten by their own pack mates. Today we made ourselves look and sound like we were not the easiest meal. Yeah, they might get a few of us in a rush, but I’m making it clear I’m going for her weakest and easiest first—and they aren’t interested in getting dead. So we are at a stalemate. We don’t want to look like the weak and easy target.”

The dwarf then asks with interest.

”Say teasel, in a fight what can you do? I figure Kits got some magic and sneaky desert s+!% up his sleeve. All Ulfen are good in a fight, but I haven’t quite got you figured out. Are you packin a pouch of fairy dust or pixie sleep arrows? Or what?”


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Anyone good at detecting poison?" says Kit quietly. "I don't know if I'll drink what they're offering. And I'm terrible at being sneaky. Just a bookish fellow who likes fine carpets, a view of the desert from on high, and a spare scroll or three."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel slams the hilt of her scythe down and says,"I know how to defend myself and others if the need arises. Im the type of fey who relies more on physical might than trickery. I promise no harm will come to any of you."

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Ive been dealing with personal issues.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Yeah pretty much. Right now the fight is not with words but observations if it escalates let it be by there hand, not ours. Our job is to get Jolene here to the Commander and go from there"He says as he pours himself some coffee from the pot he had made and drinks it.


Female Half-Orc Warrior (NPC)

Ayda retrieves a small copper flagon hanging from a peg on the side of the small cask. She fills it halfway with mead and throws back a hearty gulp. The caravan master turns to find that the party, rather than gathering around to accept her generosity, keeps clustered in their own clique to enjoy the soldier's coffee.

Her top lip quivers with ire. She slaps away the hands of her porters as they hold out their own clay and wood mugs, expecting to share the Bellis mead. She grumpily seals the tap, orders her men to strike camp, and drains the remainder of her cup in seething quiet.

We will resume the journey south if the party is ready.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Did you mean the ambush? :P Yes, Freyja is ready to proceed.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit shrugs at the back of the half-orc. "Not bad, not bad, Wulf. Qahwah. I didn't know you could brew it this well here."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

'Learned it forms a Taldoran merchant, He had been all over Avistan and Absolam and I learned to make coffee form him. If I had been I would try to grow some" He says taking a sip and smiling.


The caravan rolls back onto the road and proceeds south, with some of the drivers grumbling about how little time they get for breakfast when Vorshin is in a sour mood.

The first two hours of travel pass uneventfully, with no ambush or betrayal forthcoming. However, your attention is diverted to the east as a massive gout of water shoots into the air. Although the geyser sits a quarter mile from the road, even from here you can see a myriad of colors reflected in the falling spray. A few of the men point and offer guarded smiles, impressed by the natural wonder upon the sprawling plains.

Along the next several miles, you spot similar signs of geothermal activity, such as bubbling mudpots and heated streams of water running parallel to the road. Your attention is eventually even diverted from these features as a sprawling forest appears on the southwestern horizon.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 10:
This is the Arthfell Forest, covering western Andoran between the Darkmoon Plain to the north, the peaks of the Arthfell Mountains to the east, and the plains of Andoran to the west and south. Arguably more infamous than even Darkmoon Wood, the Arthfell is supposedly home to druidic cabals, lycanthropes, and fey creatures.

Continuing southward, the forest begins to dominate more of the horizon to the right of the road, but a new landmark comes into view as the day wears on into afternoon. A basalt shelf rises sharply from the ground, hemming in the lowlands with cliffs that must stand forty feet or more.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja enjoys the scenery despite being on guard for ambush. No knowledge Geography yet.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

As they ride along, Boggel occasionally asks about landmarks and features. He is particularly interested in the geothermal features and will pause for brief moments to appreciate their beauty.
"I have heard of such things, but never seen them. They are quite delightful."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kn Geog untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"They're...ah...well. Yes, quite delightful indeed."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Ah yes! Quite fascinating. It is a relatively simple geothermal process going on there, but one that has actually reached the surface.”

He begins talking animatedly using his hands and fingers to gesticulate the explanation of the process.

”For geyser to occur there must be heat, water, and a plumbing system. A magma chamber provides the heat, which radiates into surrounding rock. Water from rain, rivers, and snow works its way underground through fractures in the rock.”

”As the water reaches hot rock it begins to rise back to the surface, passing through rhyolite, which is former volcanic ash or lava rich in silica. The hot water dissolves the silica and carries it upward to line rock crevices. This forms a constriction that holds in the mounting pressure, creating a geyser's plumbing system.”

”As superheated water nears the surface, its pressure drops, and the water flashes into steam as a geyser like you see there!.”

The dwarf beams looking at his companions.

”Errrrm, shoot. Did I just ruin the magic of it? Sorry. I have a tendency to over explain sometimes.”

He lifts a finger and proceeds however.

”Geothermal is a real untapped source thought your know? In the ancient city of Cathy’Dum the dwarfs harnessed the steam and channeled it into an elaborate waste water management project and to power the city gate stone, among other things, such as . . . . “

And professes at length, unless someone or something comes to interrupt his lecture.


Female Half-Orc Warrior (NPC)

"We're almost there," the caravan master announces. She extends her well-muscled arm and points to the basalt shelf on the horizon.

"Olfden sits right there, atop the Elberwick Rise. Now that we're within sight of the town's walls and its men-at-arms, do you still believe I'm going to rob you or try to kill the tavern wench?"

Some of her men laugh, albeit nervously, as though even they had not been sure of her sincerity.

"Now that we're this close to the Arthfell, you'll see that the real dangers are the werewolves, hobgoblins, and druids lurking in the forest. After all, that's why such a quiet farming town sits behind such thick stone walls."

As the caravan rumbles closer, you can see the defenses that Vorshin speaks of. The large town sits on the very edge of the low, long cliff. The northernmost neighborhoods actually huddle at the foot of the cliffs, curtained by stone parapets anchored by a handful of round, stout towers that guard the road leading up the landrise and into the town proper.

Feel free to roll Knowledge (Local or History) to see what you know about Olfden.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kn Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"No, Vorshin, naturally an innocent person would carry on in their defense as you are doing," says Kit with a smile. "We were mis-guided."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Lycanthropes? That is ill to hear of. Does anyone carry a silver weapon? I have silver arrows that I can share out to any with a bow.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,706 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Revolution (Red Side) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.