GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+10[/dice]

The Sword Marches Kingdom Spreadsheet, Turn 57
Maps of the Sword Marches
Guide to GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign
Kingmaker Loot!
Mikhail's 5-Year Plan

Maps for Realm of the Fellnight Queen


551 to 600 of 2,123 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

No. Whoever it was has retreated into the side corridor.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Piotr replies by movign to the side before invokng the words to a recently learned spell, sending a Fireball right back at the trolls.

Fireball (Reflex DC 17 for half): 6d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 5, 5, 3) = 21


Rock Troll Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 ⇒ 6

Struggling to rise, the rock troll catches Piotr's fireball full in the face.

Initiative Order
Ahran (10 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)
Rock Troll (62 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Ahran and Mikhail, give me a DC 14 Reflex save!

Ahran, Mikhail and Aristu, go!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Reflex Save with Blessing of Protection: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Mikhail sees the troll fall further back then planned and moves forward to strike at it leaving room for Ahran.

Cutlass Attack with PA and IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 27

Cutlass Damage with PA and IC: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17

AC of 29 currently.


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

DC 14 reflex save for fireball: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Action coming in a bit...


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran advances on the downed troll and attempts a lethal strike with his bastard sword.

Power Attack, Vital Strike, Studied Target, Inspire, Sneak Attack

Bastard sword +1 attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 28

Bastard sword +1 damage + sneak attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 10) + 13 + 2 + 2 + (3, 5) = 41

From my reading inspire is still on, but if not subtract 2 from attack and damage.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu begins to gather energy for an attack, but seeing his companions converge on the fallen rock troll, he switches tactics. Instead he channels the energy into a spell that weaves an illusion of Alister - looking slightly scorched and with Thorn held at the ready. As an added touch, the illusion sprouts four mirror images of Alister, which weave in and out of each other. Aristu waits for Ahran and Mikhail to put down the troll, then sends illusion Alister creeping past the troll and into the intersection, peering into the cavern to the north.

Aristu concentrates on the illusion, prepared to have it respond to any attack, likely with the popping of one of the mirror images.

Cast Major Image to create the described illusion, which orginally appears next to Alister, behind the overturned table, before it moves northward. If interacted with, Will save DC(18) to disbelieve


Troll AoO vs. Mikhail: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Mikhail and Ahran rush forward. Although downed, the mighty rock troll is not helpless and it snaps at Mikhail, biting down on his armored leg with tremendous force. Despite the pain, Mikhail stabs down into the troll's flesh, a deep wound. A moment later, Ahran stabs the monster through the eye and with a shocked look on its face, it stops moving. Except for the eerie knitting together of its horrific wounds as you watch.

Moments later, "Alister" rushes by, is duplicated mirror images swirling in and out of him. You realize you can hear somebody talking in the next room...Hargulka.

"You think you've won? It's too late, the beast has been unleashed. Your city will be crushed under the talons of the Kameland's greatest monster! BAHAHAHA!"

Initiative Order
Ahran (37 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (40 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (42 damage)
Rock Troll (115 damage, prone, unconscious, regenerating)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

I'm 99% certain that Mikhail and Ahran had to advance 10' to get to the troll, thus the Attack of Opportunity. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Anyone, go!


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran shouts, "How do we kill this thing? It's still healing!"

Free action, actual actions will depend on responses.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Does Aristu have any sense of where Hargulka's voice is coming from (north or west passage)?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"Think, think, think!" Alister racks his brains for specific information on a Rock Troll's regeneration.

Alister will use his Lore Master ability to take 20 on the knowledge check. It takes his standard action this round.
Knowledge (local), take 20: 20 + 12 = 32

-Posted with Wayfinder


Aristu can't tell Hargulka's location from the echoing sound. It could be in either direction.

Alister suddenly remembers a treatise he read on geology that noted various rock-based. creatures as being susceptible to intense sound as well as certain strong acids.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu does his best to channel his brothers spirit. He concentrates on his illusion: Turning it's head to look down both passages, it cups one hand to its mouth and it calls out with Alister's voice:

"I don't know if I've won, but I know you've lost. You can continue to hide like a coward, or you can come out and fight. Either way, you will lose."

The illusion runs one hand along "Thorn's" blade while speaking an odd word, and the blade (and it's four mirror images) bursts into flame.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister waves to try and get Piotr's attention. He moves towards the man to whipser, "Acid or Sound! Douse the Rock Troll in acid!"


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail calls upon Abadar to heal his wounds and Ahrans and then moves forward leaving the others to deal with the troll.

Convert my last 1st level spell to heal Ahran with a Cure Light Wounds and use a Fervor as a swift action to heal myself 2d6. And I am out of healing after that. Blessing of Protection is down. I still have Shield of Faith for +3 AC.

Cure Light Wounds on Ahran: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Fervor Healing on Me: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran hacks further into the troll, just to be sure, then backs off to a more defensible position.

Not trying a coup de grace as then I can't move. Figured I would do more damage to keep it down in case we can't kill it this round.

Power Attack, Vital Strike, Studied Target, Inspire, Sneak Attack

Bastard sword +1 attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 18

Bastard sword +1 damage + sneak attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 + 2 + 2 + (5, 2) = 29


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr acknowledges Alister with a wave as the wizard moves closer. He summons more acid to douse the rock troll.

Move - 30 ft
Standard - Activate Spell-Like Ability - Acid Dart

Ranged Touch Attack (BAB+3, Dex+2, Inspire+2): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Acid Dart Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


I'm going to give Piotr a break here. Technically, there is a -4 penalty for using a ranged weapon against a prone opponent (which would make the acid shot a miss). But since both Mikhail's and the rock troll's icons were shifted half a square on the map, it's not clear that John knew he was firing at range. I'm going to just give it to him. It's not like that rock troll was getting up again if he missed.

While Mikhail prays to Abadar for the strength to carry on bringing civilization to the savages and Aristu banters with an unseen troll, Ahran and Piotr dispose of the mighty rock troll once and for all.

At that point a truly enormous trollhound bursts forth from the left-hand hallway, baying like a hound of hell and throws itself at the false Alister, tearing at it with its slavering jaws.

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Disbelief, trollhound: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Disbelief, Hargulka: 3d20 ⇒ (1, 9, 1) = 11

Initiative Order
Ahran (37 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (40 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (30 damage)
Rock Troll (115 damage, prone, unconscious, regenerating)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail calls on Abadar for his blessings once more and then slashes at the giant trollhound.

Swift action for Blessing of Protection rd 1/10. This puts me back up to AC 29 and then try and behead a big dog.

Cutlass Attack with PA and IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 19

Cutlass Damage with PA and IC: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 15


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu maintains his focus on the melee:

Illusion Alister lurches back from the charging trollhound, but not fast enough to avoid the beast's jaws. One of the mirror images disappears.

Off balance, Illusion Alister swings his burning blade at hound, but it arcs just above the head of the hound - close enough for the trollhound to feel the heat from the flames.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr begins casting a summoning spell to get more help in this fight.

Full Round - cast Summon Monster III


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

I think you missed Ahran getting healed for 7 points.

Alister tries to maintain quiet as he pulls out a healing scroll and reads it. Some of his worst burns heal, but the man is still injured. He pushes the dancing lights figure towards the trollhound.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 7) + 3 = 13


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

When his creature arrives, Piotr will summon a lantern archon. He will direct it to fly near the ceiling of the chambers, scouting to the intersection

[u]Lantern Archon[/u]
LG Small outsider (archon, extraplanar, good, lawful)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision, Perception +4
Aura Aura of Menace (DC 13)

AC 15/17, touch 11/13, flat-footed 15/17 (+4 natural, +1 size, +2 deflect vs evil)
HP 17 (2d10+6)
Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +0; +4 vs poison, +2 resistance vs evil
DR 10/evil Immune electricity, petrification

Speed fly 60 ft (perfect)
Ranged 2 light rays +3 ranged touch (1d6)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd):
At Will - aid, continual flame, detect evil, greater teleport

Str 5, Dex 11, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha +10
BAB +2; CMB -2; CMD 8
Feats Improved Initiative
Skills Diplomacy +5, Fly +14, Knowledge (planes) +3, Perception +4, Sense Motive +5
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal

Aura of Menace (Su) - Any hostile creature within a 20 ft radius of the archon must succeed on a Will save DC 13 to resist. Failure means a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until creature successfully hits the archon.

Light Ray (Ex) - A lantern archon can fire beams of light to damage foes. These light rays have a maximum range of 30 ft and overcome damage reduction of any type.


Alister Medvyed wrote:
I think you missed Ahran getting healed for 7 points.

Okay.

Ahran sheathes his sword and draws his composite longbow. Alister heals himself, Piotr begins a summoning and Aristu concentrates on his illusion. Meanwhile Mikhail slashes a deep cut into the trollhound's side.

Trollhound v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The trollhound ignores the false Alister and attacks Mikhail, scrabbling to gain a purchase against the warrior's superior defenses.

The Troll-King fumes and yells at you. "She promised me victory! She wouldn't lie to me. Not to her king! SHE PROMISED!"

Initiative Order
Ahran (30 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (27 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (30 damage)
Troll Hound (12 damage)
Hargulka

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister whispers words of power and suddenly he's surrounded by multiple images just like Aristu's conjured image. In fact, it's difficult to tell the two apart now. He moves up just out of the trollhound's reach. "You were just a pawn to her, Hargulka and now you've outlived your usefulness. All your trolls here are dead, and she hasn't come to help you one bit!"

Continue Inspire Courage. Cast Mirror Image
Images: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran searches for a weak spot then shoots the trollhound with his darkwood composite longbow.

Move action to Studied Target the trollhound. Accounted for the cover in attack roll below.

Studied Target, Inspire Courage, Vital Strike, opponent has cover

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 27

Damage (piercing): 2d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 8) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 21


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

After his summoned creature appears near the roof of the cavern above the trollhound, Piotr moves around the patch of grease to a spot where he can just barely see into the cavern where Hargulka is cowering in fear.

In Celestial, Piotr directt the archon, Attack the foul creature beneath you!"

Piotr then casts another Fireball spell and sends it towards the troll and trollhound.

Trollhound and Hargulka are within 20 ft of archon, so the Will DC 13 save vs aura.

Archon's ranged touch attack vs trollhound +5 (BAB+2, size+1, inspire+2): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Archon's 2nd ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Archon's first ligth ray damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Archaon's 2nd light ray damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fireball damage (Reflex DC 17 for half): 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 3) = 15


Ahran, there is a further -4 for firing into melee, for a total of -8. You still hit.

"Cowering in fear", is of course mere propaganda. Hargulka is "being tactical".

Hargulka Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Trollhound Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Hargulka Readied charge: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 2 = 302d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 3) + 11 = 20

Free Intimidate v. Mikhail (DC 18): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Ahran shoots the trollhound just as the archon rains down holy spears on it and Piotr unleashes the fires of the inner planes. The beast staggers and falls, but this victory lasts only moments. Suddenly the Troll King is there, charging Mikhail and roaring his ferocity. His mighty spiked morningstar slams into the Abadarian like a thunderbolt from the gods, breaking ribs and nearly killing him.

The sheer ferocity of the charge is terrifying and Mikhail is shaken by it.

"You worms! Die quickly, for I will make the last death linger for years!"

Initiative Order
Ahran (30 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (27 damage)
Hargulka (7 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (50 damage, shaken)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

IMAGE OF HARGULKA

Aristu, Mikhail, go!


The GM reminds you of Hero Points and the possibility of fleeing. Not everyone is likely to walk away from this.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail reels back at the horror in front of him and the massive blow that it landed and takes a more defensive stance trying to ward off blows as he strikes out at the arm holding the massive club.

Cutlass Attack with PA, IC, Shaken and Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 12

Cutlass Damage with PA and IC: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17

My AC is 31 now with Fighting Defensively, Shield of Faith and Blessing of Protection. I thought about Fighting Defensively last round and did not which apparently was a rotten choice. I lack Hero Points as I spent my only one on the Fey.


re: Hero Points: I did mention a second option.

Hargulka parries Mikhail's cutlass with contemptuous ease. The shaken priest can hear the troll's huge morningstar somehow...humming? as it cuts through the air.

Anyone else, go!


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Illusion Alister looks the troll king in the eye and smiles. "Ah, Hargulka, you can't imagine how much I've looked forward to this confrontation." With that, he gestures with his free hand, speaks an arcane word, and fades from view.

The invisible illusion Alister (who still sounds and smells like Alister) tumbles past the troll king - the heat from his flaming blade tickling the troll's skin as it passes closely - and takes up a position on the opposite side of Hargulka.

Aristu takes a 5' step NE while maintaining concentration on his illusion


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Falling back works better if you can do it without getting clubbed down.


I'm with you. It's an ugly choice.

1d5 ⇒ 1

Morningstar and Power Attack v. Illusion: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 3 = 29
Hargulka Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d4 ⇒ 4
Morningstar and Power Attack v. Alister: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 3 = 212d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 11 + 6 = 25
Real or Image? Real=1: 1d5 ⇒ 1

Hargulka attacks the illusion and roars his anger, seemingly more clever than the average troll. Having learned that the illusion is just that, he unleashes his anger on the real Alister, swinging his terrible morningstar with such force that Alister flies backwards to the sound of crunching bones and lies still.

Initiative Order
Ahran (30 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (-11 hp! Dying! Prone!)
Hargulka (7 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (50 damage, shaken)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Everyone, go!


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Seeing Alister fall, Aristu immediately ceases concentration on his illusion. He reaches for arcane energy - gathering more, perhaps, than he needs - and sculpts the most powerful enchantment he can launch at the troll king.

cease concentration on illusion (it persists for 3 more rounds); use 3rd level slot to cast Hideous Laughter at Hargulka, Will save DC=20 negates (10 + level 2 + charisma 4 + feats 2 + bloodline 2)


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran rushes over to Alister, and attempts to stanch his wounds

Move then take 10 with a +5 Heal gives a 15, which is enough to stabilise a dying person. By my reading this use of Heal ('first aid') is a standard action which doesn't need special equipment: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/skills/heal.html


Ahran uses his knowledge of battlefield medicine to staunch the flow of blood in his lord's wounds!

Remember that Inspire Courage is still up despite Alister being down (Lingering Performance).

Mikhail, Piotr, go!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Any chance we can see if Hargulka is laughing away? My fighting defensively or not will depend on how well he does.


Hargulka's Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

<Internal monologue> "Don't gloat, don't gloat, don't gloat..." </internal monologue>

Hargulka chuckles, a deep throaty laugh. "That tickles!"


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail continues to battle the giant troll while trying to ward away blows.

Cutlass Attack with PA, IC, Shaken, and Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 10

Cutlass Damage with PA and IC: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 21

Current AC is 31.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

The arcane energy Aristu draws from his source pulses through him as he weaves it into the his enchantment. He feels a fainter, echoing pulse from the ring on his finger. Like answering like - the ring's magic harmonizing with my own fey source. He completes the spell and lays the enchantment over Hargulka. Immediately, he feels the spell failing to latch onto the troll king. Why? he wonders, What protects these trolls from my enchantments?

A flicker of motion catches Aristu's eye and he glances to see Ahran tending to Alister. No, my brother's reign will not end like this! Ignoring several important lessons about safe casting, he throws open the gate to his arcane source and pumps more energy into his spell - weaving the energy into the existing spell to keep it from unraveling completely, and willing the spell to break through the troll's defenses.

use a hero point to act out of turn and use another 3rd level slot to cast Hideous Laughter at Hargulka again, Will save DC=20 negates (10 + level 2 + charisma 4 + feats 2 + bloodline 2)


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr calls out to the archon in the language of good-aligned outsiders, "Attack! Then move so that you can help my fallen companion!"

Piotr concentrates and makes small, constrained gestures while avoiding an attack from Hargulka. He then summons another Fireball in the same spot so that it burns Hargulka without harming himself or his other companions.

After that, he attempts to retreat through the Grease away from Hargulka.

Archon - 2 attacks with Light Ray
Light Ray (BAB+2, size+1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Light Ray #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ray #1 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ray #2 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Standard - Cast Defensively, Fireball (Reflex DC 17 for half)
Move - 15 feet through Grease

Concentration (Defensive Casting - Wiz+6, Int+4, Combat Casting +4) vs DC 21 (15+3+3): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Fireball Damage (6d6): 6d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 5, 3, 6) = 29
Acrobatics (Dex+2): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Hargulka Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Spend Villain Point to reroll that save!

Hargulka Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Oh well!

Hargulka Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 That appears to pass.

Hargulka Will save on new round: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The troll king bursts into gigantic mirth, throwing back his head and howling with laughter! He keeps right on leaning over until he falls prone. He can't seem to stop!

Initiative Order
Ahran (30 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (-11 hp, stable, prone)
Hargulka (25 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (50 damage, shaken)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Everyone, go!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail brings his sword down as hard as he can on the laughing brute.

Cutlass Attack with PA, IC, Prone and Shaken: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 24

Cutlass Damage with PA and IC: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 14

Current AC is 29 with Shield of Faith and Blessing of Protection.


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran advances, drawing his bastard sword, and joins Mikhail in hacking at the troll king.

Move, Power Attack, Vital Strike, Prone

Bastard sword +1 attack: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 = 28

Bastard sword +1 damage: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (9, 6) + 13 = 28


Ahran and Mikhail begin to butcher the Troll King, but so mighty is Hargulka that he simply roars with laughter.

Initiative Order
Ahran (30 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (-11 hp, stable, prone)
Hargulka (67 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (50 damage, shaken)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Alister, Aristu and Piotr, go!


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu feels a brief thrill at the success of his spell, but his focus quickly narrows down to two goals - ending Hargulka and saving Alister. Having no ready means to help with the latter, he brandishes the ivory wand in his left hand and launches an attack on Hurgulka while moving towards his brother.

use wand to cast Magic Missile at Hargulka (3 charges left after use); Move:NE,NE

Force damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister hiccups and drools into the dirt as the battle rages around him. Strangely, you find it inspiring.

Round two of Lingering Inspire Courage.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr lobs another fireball into the chamber west of Hargulka in hopes of burning both Hargulka and any allies remaining behind.

The archon moves around to get an unobstructed shot at Hargulka before firing its light beams.

Standard - cast Fireball (Reflex DC 17 for half) - line showing possible line of effect

(if deemed not valid, then Piotr will move to south and lob into the north room so as to only catch Hargulka)

Fireball damage (Reflex DC 17 for half): 6d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 5) = 13
Archon ranged touch attack - light ray 1 (BAB+2, size+1, inspire +2): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Archon ranged touch attack - light ray 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Light ray 1 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Light ray 2 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Hargulka Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Nope!

Aristu hurls bolts of force while Piotr rains down more hellfire and the holy angelball sears the Troll King with cleansing light! Burned and weakening, Hargulka is nonetheless a titanic figure, given inhuman endurance by some unknown force. He writhes, but continues to try to rise.

Initiative Order
Ahran (30 damage)
Piotr (18 damage)
Alister (-11 hp, stable, prone)
Hargulka (99 damage)
Aristu (19 damage)
Mikhail (50 damage, shaken)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!

551 to 600 of 2,123 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign: Rivers Run Red All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.