GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+10[/dice]

The Sword Marches Kingdom Spreadsheet, Turn 57
Maps of the Sword Marches
Guide to GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign
Kingmaker Loot!
Mikhail's 5-Year Plan

Maps for Realm of the Fellnight Queen


2,101 to 2,131 of 2,131 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Aristu's hands erupt with lances of fire that burn the giant bee, but do not kill it. Grimnir prepares to attack should the bee fly down while Alister begins to shout encouragement.

The swarm of normal-sized bees flies forward, enveloping Piotr and Grimnir, stinging madly. Once again, these bees act as though highly intelligent.

Bee swarm: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

STATUS
Piotr (32/40 hp)
Tenzekil
Giant Bee Companion (34 damage)
Aristu
Grimnir (66/74 hp)
Alister
Mikhail
Bees (16 damage)

Grimnir and Piotr, please give me two DC 15 Fortitude saves. The first is for Distraction and the second for poison.

Then, Piotr, go!


Poke!


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Fort save vs Distraction: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fort save vs Poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Swatting wildly at the bees, Piotr moves out of the swarm. Then, he turns and hurls one of the remaining beads beyond the swarm so that it does not affect Grimnir.

Fireball dmg (Reflex DC 14 for half): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9


Sorry, Piotr. Failing the Distraction roll means that you are nauseated and unable to cast spells. I'm putting your token back in the bee swarm.

Also, failing the poison save means you take 1 Dexterity damage.

The bees swarm Piotr, flying up his nose and into his mouth, maddening the wizard to the point of distraction.

Meanwhile, Tenzekil the bleachling gnome invokes some sort of power that surges around his companion giant bee! That giant bee zooms down to Mikhail and stabs its stinger at the warrior. The stinger lodges in Mikhail's flesh and tears out of the bee, leaving it dripping blood.

Fulvid and Greater Magic Fang, sting: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

STATUS
Piotr (32/40 hp) (Distracted (nauseated))(-1 Dex damage)
Tenzekil
Giant Bee Companion (34 damage)(5 bleed).
Aristu
Grimnir (66/74 hp)
Alister
Mikhail (45/56 hp) (poison?)
Bees (16 damage)

Mikhail, give me a DC 18 Fortitude save v. poison.

Then, Aristu, Grimnir, Alister and Mikhail, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister hurls the alchemist's fire into the bee swarm, trying not to hit Piotr or Grimnir. "We've got to get to the bleachling!"

Ranged Touch Attack (IC): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Fire damage (IC): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Continue Inspire Courage


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr staggers out of the swarm.

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir grimaces as the bees sting him repeatedly. With little else he can do to hurt them, he draws a flask of acid from his bandolier and hurls it into the middle of them.

fort save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
fort save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

acid flask: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Grimnir's acid should also get the Inspire Courage bonus


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Mikhail slashes out at the great bee to slay it quickly and move on./

PA and IC w/Civility: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 30

PA and IC Damage w/Civility: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 19

Secondary PA and IC w/Civility: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 25

Secondary PA and IC Damage w/Civility: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 17

Critical Confirmation PA and IC w/Civility: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 24

Critical Confirmation PA and IC Damage w/Civility: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 20

Critical Confirmation Secondary PA and IC w/Civility: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 6

Critical Confirmation Secondary PA and IC Damage w/Civility: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 26


Oooookay, then! I'ma say that does it, Mikhail!

I'm including Inspire Courage in the acid damage.

Mikhail steps up and slices the dangerous bee from the skies, crushing its carapace and sending it spiraling down to the ground jerking in its death throes. Tenzekil cries out in anguish. "No! No!"

Meanwhile, Grimnir hurls a flask of powerful acid into the midst of the angry bee swarm. It crashes on the ground and shatters, misting the area in a fine acid. Some of it even splashes on Grimir. Dozens of the little beasts die and the rest seem angrier than ever!

STATUS
Piotr (32/40 hp)(-1 Dex damage)
Tenzekil
Aristu
Grimnir (65/74 hp)
Alister
Mikhail (45/56 hp)
Bees (25 damage)

Anyone, give me orders for Aristu.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Aristu sees the giant bee go down and feeling weakened from the bad night of sleep he decides that moving closer only risks a thousand bee stings so he readies to run should the bees move to attack him.

Aristu readies to move away from the swarm if it comes for him and saves spells. I am not sure how many he is down but we might need them later.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Did Alister's alchemist fire hit? Also, I don't know if the persistent damage (1d6 on the following round) would apply.

"That's it, Mikhail! Cut them down!" Alister draws another alchemist's fire and hurls it at the bees again.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Damage (IC): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Not your turn, Alister! But this is for when it was...

Alister hurls alchemist's fire at the swarm of bees. The flask bursts open with a whoosh! of flame, roasting more bees. The survivors have had enough and disperse.

"Ahhh! Damn!" says Tenzekil, who then conjures a ball of flame and hurls it at Mikhail. The warrior dodges aside and the ball falls to the ground, burning there.

3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) = 13
Mikhail Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Everyone go!


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr is not described as still being nauseated, so taking an action.

Piotr retrieves his wand and send a short stream of magical missiles at Tenzekil.

Magic Missile (5th lvl): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 3 = 11

I will be out of town for the balance of the week.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail flies up and then in a broad circle around Tenzekil before landing behind him and says, "You have one last chance to surrender now..."

Double move to behind to avoid provoking an AOO. Offer a surrender for Abadar and all.


Piotr Denisov wrote:
Piotr is not described as still being nauseated, so taking an action.

Right. The nausea disappears at the end of the round.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

When the swarm disperses, Aristu moves quickly towards Tenzekil to get within spell-casting range.

Double move: E,E,E,E,E,E,SE,E,E,E,E,E

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir draws and throws a second flask, sputtering mad over his inability to reach the flying gnome and stuck fighting more bees.

acid flask (inspire courage): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Grimnir - all the bees are kaput.

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Bah--misread the "disperse" as something else. Sorry.

Grimnir, seeing his companions engaging the gnome, trudges toward them along with his stone servant. He laments the fact that he has a potion to swim, but not one to fly.

Double move


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister approaches Tenzekil. "Surrender, gnome! We'll undoubtedly be more merciful than the queen!"

Double move. Continue Inspire Courage


Give me a Diplomacy check, Alister!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


"No! You ruin everything you touch! At least she knows how cruel she is!"

Concentration check (DC 19): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 4 = 26

Then the gnome produces a sword made of living flame and attacks Mikhail! It slices through his shield and armor as though they were not there to burn the tender flesh below! Tenzekil laughs wildly, madly.

Flame Blade: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 <-- Vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Everyone, go!

STATUS
Piotr (32/40 hp)(-1 Dex damage)
Tenzekil
Aristu
Grimnir (65/74 hp)
Alister
Mikhail (39/56 hp)


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail shakes his head and says, "Some people are truly blind." He then tries to bring civility down onto the head of the small gnome.

PA and IC with Civility: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 19

PA and IC Damage with Civility: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 20

PA and IC With Secondary attack with Civility: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 16

PA and IC Secondary Attack Damage with Civility: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 23


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu points his wand up at Tenzekil, and, with a word, launches 3 bright bolts of force at the hovering gnome.

Activate wand to cast Magic Missile at Tenzekil. 44 charges remain after use.

Force Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1) + 3 = 8


Tenzekil easily evades Mikhail's attacks, and an invisible field of force absorbs Aristu's magic missiles.

Grimnir and Piotr, go! And someone give me orders for Alister.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister drops his sword and pulls out a short one. He moves to Get a shot over Rocky. "Then, you give us no choice but to kill you!" He fires at the gnome.

Move and draw bow, free action to continue Inspire Courage, swift action for arcane strike, standard to fire bow

Attack (IC): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Damage (IC, AS): 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu shifts slightly, then conjures up two beams of fire which shoot up towards the gnome.

5' Step: SW; Cast Scorching Ray at Tenzekil

Ranged touch attack + Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
fire damage + Inspire Courage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 6) + 2 = 15

Ranged touch attack + Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
fire damage + Inspire Courage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 1) + 2 = 14


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

What was the effect of Piotr's earlier magic missiles?

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Without a better way to attack the flying gnome, Grimnir draws a javelin and casts it at the gnome.

"Ye'll pay the price ye earned wit' yer betrayal!"

javelin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

2,101 to 2,131 of 2,131 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign: Rivers Run Red All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.