GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+10[/dice]

The Sword Marches Kingdom Spreadsheet, Turn 57
Maps of the Sword Marches
Guide to GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign
Kingmaker Loot!
Mikhail's 5-Year Plan

Maps for Realm of the Fellnight Queen


501 to 550 of 2,131 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr does not attempt to get his sphere of fire across the tables, afraid to burn his companions. And, with Ahran lying near death, he Piotr does not attempt to cast Fireball. Instead, he uses a cantrip to send some acid at the standing troll.

Flaming Sphere - 3/6 rds
Standard - cast Acid Splash

Acid Splash Ranged Touch Attack (BAB+3, Dex+2, -4 for into melee): 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 18
Acid Splash Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Aristu Medvyed wrote:
Fair to assume that Aristu can see the troll that is standing but not the troll that is prone?

Yes.

________________________________________________________
Piotr's little glob of acid strikes the troll, burning its tough hide.

Character Health
Ahran (stable; prone; -9 hp)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (invisible)
Aristu
Mikhail (2 damage)
Troll 1 (1 damage)
Troll 2 (31 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Aristu, go!


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu summons up another volley of arcane force. The three green bolts follow Piotr's blob of acid and strike the standing troll.

cast Magic Missile at the standing troll

force damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 3 = 8


Troll 1 Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Troll 2 Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

As Aristu's magic missile slices into the troll, that troll tries to seize the table for some purpose, but instead slips in the grease spell and falls flat on its face behind the table.

Simultaneously, the other troll, whose wounds are knitting before your eyes, manages to rise out of the grease and attacks Mikhail.

Character Health
Ahran (stable; prone; -9 hp)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (invisible)
Aristu
Mikhail (2 damage)
Troll 1 (9 damage)(prone)
Troll 2 (26 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Mikahil, give me an AoO v. Troll 2!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail aims to remove the head from the troll as it rises.

Cutlass AoO with Bard Song and Prone: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 4 = 23

Cutlass Damage with Bard Song: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17


Bite v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Mikhail's cutlass nearly slices the monster's head from its shoulders, severing tendons and muscles along the bull-like neck, but the berserker troll just continues to fight, scrabbling and clawing and biting against the warpriest's superb armor and protective spells.

Character Health
Ahran (stable; prone; -9 hp)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (invisible)
Aristu
Mikhail (2 damage)
Troll 1 (9 damage)(prone)
Troll 2 (43 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail tries to finish the job he started on the trolls neck.

Cutlass attack with Bard Song and and Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 21

Cutlass damage with Bard Song and Power Attack: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 19

I have Blessing of Protection and Shield of Faith up giving me an AC of 29.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"Finish him off, Mikhail!" Satisfied that his spell has given them a small reprieve, Alister sheathes Thorn and tries to climb the face of the large table and get over it.

Climb (sickened, heroism): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26

Maintain Inspire Courage. Try to climb up and over the table. Still Invisible.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr begins casting a spell to summon an elemental to help them in this fight.

Flaming Sphere - 4/6 rds
Standard - begin casting Summon Monster 2


Alister - turns out trolls have the Scent ability, and you climbed that table within 5' of an angry troll.

Alister - The table is heavy, but from up there you can drop it down (away from the troll only), clearing the path for others, if you so choose. It will use up your remaining move action for the round.

Mikhail slashes at the legs and arms of his giant opponent, cutting tendons and muscles and splashing black blood across the walls.

AoO v. Alister: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The downed troll bites invisible Alister, piercing the skin of his calf with its huge tusks!

Character Health
Ahran (stable; prone; -9 hp)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage, invisible)
Aristu
Mikhail (2 damage)
Troll 1 (9 damage)(prone)
Troll 2 (62 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Arstu, Ahran, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

I feel like you've been waiting for Alister to get close to use that ability!

Suddenly, the overturned table topples over onto its face. Blood seems to drip on it from out of nowhere. "Piotr, now you can move your fireball!"

I put Alister back outside the tables as if he toppled it over and then fell back.


Alister Medvyed wrote:
I feel like you've been waiting for Alister to get close to use that ability!

I wish I had that much foresight!


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

When the table falls over, Aristu moves forward, chanting and tracing out a spell. When he reaches a position with a clear line of fire to the revealed troll, he stops and projects a beam of fire at it.

Move: NW,NW,W,W,W; cast Scorching Ray at prone troll

ranged touch attack + inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
fire damage + inspire courage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 5) + 2 = 18

not sure if there should be a -4 for firing into melee. pretty sure from this position there is no cover, but it gets prone bonus to AC


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr completes his summoning spell and a small fire elemental appears beyond the prone troll.

Piotr then directs the flaming sphere towards the standing troll, hoping to cauterize its wounds so that it cannot regenerate.

Finally, he invokes another cantrip at the same standing troll to splash it with acid.

No action - Complete casting of full-round spell (Summon Monster 2) (1/9 rds)
Move Equivalent - direct Flaming Sphere (5/6 rds)
Standard - Cast Acid Splash

Small Fire Elemental (augmented summoning) - 15 hps - AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 14
Attack - slam +7 (+2 BAB, +2 Str, +1 size, +2 inspire), 1d4+2 plus burn
Burn - 1d4 fire, Reflex DC 13 to avoid catching on fire

Fire Elemental Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Fire Elemental Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Burn damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Flaming Sphere damage (Reflex DC 16 to negate): 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3) = 15

Acid Splash Ranged Touch Attack (BAB +3, Dex +2, Inspire +2, melee -4): 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 5
Acid Splash damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran continues to be stable but unconscious on the floor.


Ahran - Yeah, fair enough. :-)

Piotr, this is the same turn in which you began summoning. It wasn't your turn yet, but I'll use your move and rolls for next turn.

Troll acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Bite v. Aristu: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Bite v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Claw v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Troll Reflex Save (burn): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Troll Reflex Save (flaming sphere): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Aristu's scorching ray bathes the furious troll in a white-hot gout of flame, burning it over much of its warty green skin. The troll rises and bites Aristu on the shoulder! It's companion, now in full berserker fury, tries to tear Mikhail limb from limb, but the Chelaxian's armor and spells protect it so well he suffers only minor scratches and bruising.

Piotr's elemental appears and burns the troll attacking Aristu. The green giant twists away and avoid immolation. Then Piotr directs his flaming sphere to roll into the other troll. On its last legs, the troll roars in anger, slapping at the fire, but slowly succumbs to the inferno, falling, rising, falling again and stirring no more!

Piotr shifts targets and tries to strike the remaining foe with acid, but burns the stones behind it instead.

Character Health
Ahran (stable; prone; -9 hp)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage, invisible)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)
Troll 1 (27 damage)(prone)
Troll 2 (dead)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Aristu, Alister, Mikhail, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister suddenly appears just as he slashes at the troll with Thorn. "Die!" The Lord of the Sword Marches focuses his own magic into the strike, causing the blade to glow for a brief moment.

Swift Action Arcane Strike. Stop Inspire Courage, but Lingering Performance keeps it up for 2 rounds. Attacking from invisible - Troll is denied his dex bonus
Attack (sickened, heroism, IC, invisible): 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 17
Damage (sickened, AS, IC): 1d8 + 5 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 13


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu grimaces and gasps in pain as blood begins to flow from his shoulder. He takes a step back from the troll and flourishes the crooked black wand. A cone of flame shoots out to engulf the troll's left side.

5' step: SE; activate wand to cast Burning Hands at the troll {Reflex DC(11) for half damage, 7 charges left after use}

fire damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail walks around the table and heads to the second troll.

I have to double move to the get there. I have an AC of 29 with Shield of Faith and Blessing of Protection.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

I thought the dancing lights spell was the fire elemental and that I could not share the square. I think I can stand in the same square as the Dancing Lights. If that is the case I would do so and then I could attack. Below is the attack roll.

Cutlass Attack with Power Attack, Prone, Flank and Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 4 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 36

Cutlass Damage with Power Attack and Inspire Courage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 21

Cutlass Confirmation Attack with Power Attack, Prone, Flank and Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 18

Cutlass Confirmation Damage with Power Attack and Inspire Courage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 20


Thorn in hand, Alister hacks at the giant troll's left thigh with enough force to hew down three men while his brother roasts the troll, cauterizing its wounds. Meanwhile, Mikhail, that mighty dealer in death, steps up beside his lord and hews the troll's legs from beneath it. The giant crashes to the ground, dying at their feet

Character Health
Ahran (stable; prone; -9 hp)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage, invisible)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

COMBAT OVER


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail moves to Ahran's side and calls upon Abadar to heal him.

Convert Compel Hostility and Divine Favor into healing. That leaves me with one Shield of Faith spell and one Fervor left.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Mikhail will help Ahran rise and then says, "I have used most of the power granted to me by Abadar this day, but I am concerned if we fall back we may lose our chance to claim Hargulka."


Character Health
Ahran (36 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR


You hear a roaring from an inner cavern to the north. Give me one round of actions each...


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran stands up, thanking Mikhail, and readies an action to attack anything hostile which moves within range. He tries to ignore the pain of his wounds.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

PIotr moves behind his companions while they prepare.

"When you are ready, I will send my sphere ahead of us to scout."

Flaming Sphere - 6/6 rds
Summoned Elemental - 2/9 rds
Move - 30 ft
Move - direct sphere up to 30 ft into next room (moved to approximate locaiton.)


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Is this before or after I cast the two spells? If the roar comes before then I cast the first CLWs to wake Ahran up. If it comes after both spells I move to put myself between everyone and the roar.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister casts another healing spell on Ahran. As the wounds knit together, he jumps at the roaring sound. "It sounds like another one is coming. Hurry and get ready, everyone!"

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu moves to Ahran's side and administers a potion of healing.

Move: NE,NE,NE,NW,NW; use potion of CLW on Ahran

CLW healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Retcon. Alister will use a scroll of Cure Moderate Wounds on Ahran instead of casting his own spell.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 7) + 3 = 18


The Medvyed brothers use their resources to heal Ahran while Ahran and Mikhail take up defensive positions shielding the rest of the party. Meanwhile, Piotr sends his flaming sphere forward to trouble whatever is coming.

Character Health
Ahran (10 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Continued when I'm not using an iPad.


Oh! It's me we're waiting on!

The ground shakes as an enormous troll, seemingly made of stone enters the chamber, a myriad of crystals reflecting from its grey-green hide. Two feet taller and wider than any troll you've ever seen, it exudes menace. Squeezing fearlessly past the flaming sphere, it roars in anger when it sees the collection of soft pink foes arrayed before it, arriving just in front of Mikhail.

IMAGE OF THE ROCK TROLL

Initiative Rolls
Rock Troll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Ahran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Alister: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Aristu: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Mikhail: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Piotr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Initiative Order
Ahran (10 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)
Rock Troll

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran retreats to more open ground, avoiding the Greased area, and then studies the troll for weak points.

Move and Studied Target on troll.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"Back! Everyone back and form up!" Alister tries to gain some control over the chaos.

Begin Inspire Courage. (+2/+2 to hit/damage)


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail slashes the rocky trolls legs to slow it down and then falls back to form the line.

Cutlass attack with PA and IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 27

Cutlass Damage with PA and IC: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17

Current AC is 29 with Blessing of Protection and Shield of Faith.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

The flaming sphere winks out as the magical energy expires. Piotr does not direct the fire elemental to move, instead leaving it in a position where it may attack the troll as it enters the chamber.

From his position at the back of the party, Piotr mutters the words to send some magical missiles at the troll.

Summoned Elemental - 3/9 rds

Standard - cast Magic Missile

Magic Missile Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 3 = 12

Elemental Attack of Opportunity (+2 BAB, +2 Str, +1 size, +2 Inspire): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Elemental Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Burn damage (Reflex DC 13 to avoid catching on fire): 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu moves away from the troll, around the table barrier, and stops between Ahran and Alister. He fights to draw energy from his rapidly diminishing source, molds it with a spell, and shoots a beam of fire at the advancing hulk.

Move: SE,SE,SW,W,W; cast Scorching Ray at rock troll. Thats my last 2nd level slot. 1 1st and 4 3rd level slots left.

ranged touch attack + inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
fire damage + inspire courage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 6) + 2 = 15


As Alister calls encouragement, Mikhail slashes the troll's shin, then falls back Piotr and Aristu add sorcerous powers to the onslaught, slicing and burning the troll. Unlike any other troll they have met, this one continues healing despite the huge gout of flame with which it was bathed.

Int: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12
Claw v. Elemental: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 171d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Claw v. Elemental: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Bite v. Elemental: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The troll moves up, seems to understand that the dancing lights spell isn't an enemy and tears into the fire elemental instead, utterly destroying it and roaring to the stones all around him.

Initiative Order
Ahran (10 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)
Rock Troll (39 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!


Male Human Slayer 6; - HP 46/46 ,- AC 17/T: 13/FF: 14 - F: +6 R: +7 W: +3 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 23, Speed: 30, Init. +4, - Perception +13

Ahran scowls at the beast's healing, and prepares himself for the charge.

Delay for now. I don't want to provoke an AoO and think this is as close to a defensible position as we can get, as it will either have to squeeze or come adjacent to us or risk grease.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Knowledge (Local) about Rock Trolls, take 10: 10 + 12 = 22

Alister isn't surprised that the fire doesn't stop the Rock Troll, but he had forgotten about that until now. He quickly reviews the weaknesses of Rock Trolls.

"Easy, let him come to us. Piotr, fire doesn't weaken this one like the others. Unless you see Hargulka, I would save your spell. Maybe I can get him to fall..." Alister readies to cast another spell.

Ready action to cast Grease under the Rock Troll when he gets within 10 feet of Ahran (I've placed the pending square on the map). The goal is to get him to fall, breaking the potential charge. Then Ahran and Mikhail can 5 foot step and full attack.


Alister:
SRD wrote:
A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster.

Not necessarily the exact bit you'd want to know, so:

1d3 ⇒ 3

Rock Trolls fear and hate the sun. The mere touch of sunlight on their skins will turn them to stone.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu's grimaces as he watches the rock troll's burns heal. "That's not good." He looks at Piotr and takes a step towards him, "Maybe acid will still be effective?"

With his free hand he pulls out an ivory wand and uses it to fire a pair of glowing white bolts at the rock troll.

5' step: SW; draw wand of magic missiles; activate wand to cast Magic Missile at the rock troll (4 charges left after use)

force damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail readies a strike if the creature ends close enough to him.

Readied Attack:
Readied Cutlass Attack with PA and IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 14

AC 29 with Shield of Faith and Blessing of Protection.


Piotr, go!


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr responds to Aristu's question by calling upon his innate magic to toss some acid at the troll.

Standard - Spell-Like Ability - Acid Dart

Ranged Touch Attack (BAB+3,Dex+2,Inspire+2): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Acid Dart damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As the warriors prepare to receive the expected charge, Aristu and Piotr fire off their respective blasts of arcane energies. Aristu's magic missiles unerringly hit the big troll, though it hardly seems to notice. Meanwhile, the troll twists out of the way of Piotr's spray of acid.

With a wild roar, the troll charges forward, its wounds healing rapidly. Immediately, Alister summons a second film of greasy ectoplasm and the terror of the underworld instantly loses its footing, going down face-first, the thud loud enough to make all present wince at the impact.

Initiative Order
Ahran (10 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)
Rock Troll (41 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Anyone, go!


Stand by.


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

As the warriors prepare to receive the expected charge, Aristu and Piotr fire off their respective blasts of arcane energies. Aristu's magic missiles unerringly hit the big troll, though it hardly seems to notice. Meanwhile, the troll twists out of the way of Piotr's spray of acid.

With a wild roar, the troll charges forward, its wounds healing rapidly. Immediately, Alister summons a second film of greasy ectoplasm and the terror of the underworld instantly loses its footing, going down face-first, the thud loud enough to make all present wince at the impact.

Just then, an arm, dimly seen in the recesses of the tunnel beyond, hurls a tiny light into the room... a light which rapidly expands into a brilliant ball of white-hot flames! The conflagration engulfs the team, only some of whom can dodge out of the way.

Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 5, 4, 4, 6, 1) = 27

Initiative Order
Ahran (10 damage)
Piotr (5 damage)
Alister (13 damage)
Aristu (6 damage)
Mikhail (2 damage)
Rock Troll (41 damage)

MAP OF HARGULKA'S LAIR

Everyone, give me a DC 14 Reflex save!

After the saves, anyone, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The Lord of the Sword Marches screams as the flames engulf him. He runs to take cover behind the still-overturned table. "Go! Kill the troll! We have to get to the mage!" He waves his hand and the grease surrounding the Rock Troll disappears.

Continue Inspire Courage. Standard action to dismiss the grease. Move action to take cover and get out of fireball formation. Free action to piss himself.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Does the arm, or any part of the fireballer's body, remain dimly visible?

501 to 550 of 2,131 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign: Rivers Run Red All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.