OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,959 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

First Two Rounds:
Mikail hears his companions begin to react, and he takes a moment to grab his rapier as he follows Ferabras and Garrett into battle!
AC: 14

He wipes a bit of nightmare goo from his face as the creature before Ferabras explodes.. and is caughht unawares as the hound creature levels its stare at him!
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Mikail cries out as wounds open across his body, but he still charges in, poking out with his rapier!
Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16
Dmg?: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (1, 3, 3) = 15
If that hit, I will choose Bewildered for the debilitating injure: -2 AC for everyone, -4 for me

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia steps out into the corridor, only to meet the gaze of the creature.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

She shrieks in pain and outrage as the skin of her face and her plain sleepwear is shredded by a gaze not of this world.

"Caine infernii gaze upon THIS."

Casting Lightning Bolt through the gun. DC 19 Reflex save for half

A lightning bolt arches upwards towards the creature.

Damage?: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3) = 23


Mikail's strike misses as the Hound slips bonelessly to the side. Karnhia's lightning bolt hits! Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 But the agile Hound dodges to avoid the worse of it!

ROUND 2:

Garret, Zora and Ferabras are up!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Attacks count as magical and cold iron, spend a Ki point for an additional attack

Flurry: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Flurry: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Flurry: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Flurry: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Knowing that it is difficult to trip four-legged creatures Garret decides to focus and attacks all-out.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras spins from the bloody mess that was once the nightmare woman, calling out "Together we'll destroy this beast!", then striking at the purple dog with blade and bite!

Full attack with Smite Evil on dog.

+1 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Bless, Flank: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 30
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 27

+1 Greatsword, PA, Smite, iterative: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 17
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 29

Bite attack, secondary, Smite, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 11
Bite damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

I moved Karnhia's token out into the hall so she had a line to shoot

Zora looks calm even as she sidesteps away from the horrific beast. "Be healed, friends," she whispers.

Channel to heal, selectively excluding the hound and the probably-dead-but-just-to-be-sure human splat over there

Healing to allies: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 6, 3, 3) + 1 = 22


The Hound takes a couple knocks from Garret and one from Ferabras, but seems to fight onward!

The Hound growls and lunges at Ferabras!

Bite vs F: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7 damage!
Claw vs F: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage!
Claw vs F: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage!

Round 2:
Garret, Zora, Ferabras
FOES
Mikail, Karnhia

Mikail and Karhnia are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera grunts in pain as the hound's attacks all connect, and he wishes dearly for his armor.

Status: 34/54 hp

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikhail grunts as his friend takes some brutal hits, and he redoubles his efforts to take the creature down.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23
dmg: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (1, 6, 6) = 21
Plus Bewildered again

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Oasele se sprague, oasele se frânge, oasele se rupe. Hear my words and let us see you dance!" intones Kharnia as she pulls from her pouch a chicken's wishbone, which she then breaks in two in her closed fist.

Boneshaker, DC 17 for half.

Boneshaker: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 3, 2, 4) = 18


Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Between Mikail's strike and the rattling bones spell cast by Karnhia, the Hound lets out a low piteous moan and collapses, its body rapidly dissolving into a puddle of goo!

The inn becomes still once more, though you hear the sounds of movement downstairs. A moment later the innkeeper, clad in a nightshirt, comes barreling upstairs wielding a cleaver. "What in the name of the Lady of Stars is this?!" He yells, looking wildly at the bloodied corpse and the pile of goo.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

”Creatures of darkness, come seeking us in your inn, I fear,“ Ferabras says, laying a healing hand on his own side as he speaks, in case more foes appear. Looking to be sure all of his companions are safe, he continues, ”We aim to go to them and defeat them, so that they won’t trouble you or this city further. In the meantime, perhaps you could provide me with a sack, and I’ll do what I can about this mess in your hallway.“

Lay on Hands : 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 2 = 12

Status: 46/54 hp


The innkeeper pales as he realizes the pile of goo and gore was once a living thing. He nods curtly and rushes back downstairs, only to be violently ill below. He returns looking paler and shaky, holding a sack and a mop and bucket of soapy water.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora absently touches Ferabras on one bare shoulder, murmuring to Pharasma as she goes.

Air bubble becomes CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Full-up, Ferabras, should we run into more nasties

"It seems the hunter becomes the hunted, and so forth. What of this dead woman...?"

Zora will crouch to inspect the cultist and her belongings, from the strange sickle sword to anything else she might have had on her person. If necessary, she will get answers by contacting the woman's soul...


The corpse holds: scrolls of cure moderate wounds (3), scroll of invisibility, +1 leather armor, mwk spider-leg sickles (2), ring of protection +1, 38 gp.

She has no other identification, but her remains are fading from view, as a shadow does when exposed to light!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras gives Zora a nod of thanks as she heals him - yet again. He sets to cleaning up the bloody mess on the hallway floor, but soon stops, as the remains begin to fade away. ”Well, that is unsettling,“ he says quietly, ”but it does make cleanup easier.“

”Anyone have any idea what just happened? What was she, and what did she want?“ he asks his friend, dropping the now-clean mop into the bucket. ”I am sorry I struck her down before we could ask her these questions, but she may not have told us much in any case.“

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia sighs as she attempts to hold her torn bedclothes together, taking care to make herself as small as possible when one does not wish to clean the mess one makes. "We were attacked by creatures from a twisted dreamland Dragul meu. She bled red, so she must have been human. She disappeared so another must have claim to her body, and possibly her soul. As to what she wanted, that part is easy." She smiles mirthlessly. "To stop us. Get the book. This much is clear." She straightens her shoulders and winces as her wounds make themselves known again now that the adrenaline rush has subsided. "Now if you'll excuse me, there are times where wearing unflattering rags is acceptable, perhaps even enticing to some, but this is not one of them." She stares at her companions with a predatory smile. "No matter how enticing the view. Good night." And without another word, she returns to her room to change into something that has not been torn by an extraplanar dog and finish her night's rest.

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple bats his wings away to avoid the door slamming into his face. "Shucks, she assuredly shut me out!" He turns to the rapidly disappearing mess. "Erm, I have to ... Bake a salad in the shower plug. Later!"

And with that he quickly flies up to the rafters.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Before Karnhia retreats Garret asks "We should check whether we still have the book and the key, it might be this was just a diversion to lure us out of our rooms"

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"Wise, Garret," Zora agrees, absently collecting the scrolls after confirming they are curative.

Do any of our frontliners not have a ring of protection +1? IF they don't I'm happy to take it


After checking, it seems you still have the key and the book. Unless there's anything else you want to do, you can head back to sleep.

Except...

Your sleep is troubled by nightmares and dark dreams. Normally Madame Carrington and her baku assistant guard your dreams, but now they seem to have relinquished their role and you awaken the next morning with a sense of foreboding...

What today would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

I don't have a ring of protection +1

"Did you also have a terrible night? Meybe we should check on Madame Carrington, something makes me jump at shadows"

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Take it, Garret!

"I agree. If her protections have failed us, we must check on her immediately. Hopefully it was merely some lapse, and she and her companion are not in danger."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Do take the +1 ring, Garret, I've got one.

Fera digests Karnhia's explanation, abruptly turning his eyes away in case she should mistake his attentive listening for unsavory peeking, grateful that his red skin hides even the most extreme blushes.

When Garret suggests checking to see whether the book and key have been stolen in the commotion, Fera joins him in making sure of this, remarking, "This is why it is useful to travel with Pathfinders of many stripes, as I would never have thought of such a ploy. But I agree, perhaps a visit to Madame Carrington is a good idea. And once we're sure she's safe, we can tell her about our nighttime visitors and see if she can add to our understanding."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia, before going to bed, takes the hefty book she and Zora had been studying and places it in her handy haversack before going to bed. "Let us hope that an extradimentional space is enough to shield it from view."

***The following morning***

As her companions discuss the restless night they have endured, a wary, disheveled Kharnia walks on down from her room, stating angrily as she makes her way towards the door: "Those motherless cal-cosoș must have gone after Doamna Carrington. We need to be there now."


Gathering yourselves, you head over to Madame Carrington's shop. As usual Maynard answers the door, but he looks haggard. When you ask to see Madame Carrington, he sighs deely. "I suppose you better see for yourselves."

GM Sekrits:
1d20 ⇒ 14

Sense motive, DC 24!:
Maynard seems not himself. He acts sorrowful, but his movements are strangely jerky and artificial.

The room is in tattered disarray; Carrington’s furniture is overturned, her accoutrements scattered, and the spiritualist herself pinned beneath her sofa. Her body is horribly twisted and her wide eyes locked in terrible fear, but she is alive, though unresponsive and impossible to awaken.

Maynard stops and waits, just outside the ring of flowers around Madame Carrington's overturned sofa, his eyes downcast.

Perception DC 20:
You spot a note! You reveal Carrington’s final cryptic note to the waking world scribbled from her planchette: “The spider’s silk is strong. They are coming for me.”

Maynard sighs deeply. “We were asleep, and they just walked into the dream sanctuary… the hag… her bloody children… and a terrible shadow of a man…” His eyes flare as his features darken and the color drains from the room. Maynard swallows an uncapped potion, disappearing into the resulting gloom.

We're going to try to do this theatre of the mind style without a grid map. The central couch and chairs are surrounded by strange plants. The entire chamber is only about 20' by 30'.

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Foe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Round 1:

Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia
Maynard
Zora

Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"What's happening? Where did he go?" Fera cries out as Maynard disappears. Drawing his sword, he steps to where he last saw Maynard and swings with the flat of his blade!

Move action to get close while drawing sword, standard to attack last spot I saw him, for non-lethal damage.

+1 Greatsword, NL: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 4 = 23
Greatsword damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14
Miss chance, 1-50 hits: 1d100 ⇒ 48

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Zora immediately goes to crouch by Madame Carrington, and therefore is in a position to see the little note. "Hold a moment, there is--"

Before she can fully analyze matters, Maynard has disappeared.

Have light conditions in the room changed, or is that more flavor text? And is this considered a new day for purposes of spells, etc, especially given our sleep was interrupted? Will post action once I know that.


The light is the same, but the colors have bleached away. This is a new day for spells.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Got it, ty

Zora frowns, looking around as Ferabras wildly swings. "He disappeared? This bodes ill. Pharasma, aid us!" she intones as she draws a wand.

Bless on the party, +1 to hit, +1 vs fear

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

"Maynard, what is happening?"

Garret wills his body to harden.

Barkskin


Ferabras' strike hits something solid and a splash of red blood appears on the ground. Zora blesses the party, and Garret becomes wooden. But Maynard doesn't respond.

Karnhia!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Kharnia looks around as the collors bleach out of the world around her. she closes her eyes for a moment, uttering the words of an old Varisian tale, of the turtle that emerged from the sea with a carapace of gold and jewels, and how it beheld all that was on land as it was meant to be.

Casting Mage Armor, unless that would have already been something I could have cast due to its long duration; in which case she will cast See Invisibility.

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

"There! By the old lady! A warning!"

And without another thought, he goes invisible. Greater Invisibility.


See Invisibility sounds good. I'd assume you'd armor up as Standard Operating Procedure.

Karnhia's enhanced sight sees many, many things. Maynard stands in the spot where Ferabras hit, looking ill. Something lurks over him, eldritch strings connecting to the poor Maynard like a marionette. It's a dark, shadowy figure and seems half into this plane, half out. Also standing over the prone form of Madame Carrington is a night hag. Small children, their throats cut and town, cling to her robes! She seems to be ghostly, leading you to believe she's on the ethereal planes.

Maynard moves aside, slipping to flank Ferabras with one of the strange plants, which seems to be coming alive... The odd crimson and violet flowers all begin to puff with pollen, which explodes into the room!

Will save DC 14 versus a mind-affecting sleep effect!

Maynard suddenly becomes visible as he plunges his short sword at Ferabras!
Sword vs Ferabras FF: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 for 1d6 + 3 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (2, 3, 2, 5) = 17 sneak attack damage! However the thick armor of the paladin turns aside the blade!

Round 2: Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Will, DC 14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

I'm posting this assuming that Karnhia could have pointed to the square where the thing controlling Maynard is, hope that works.

Ferabras ignores the soporific effects of the plant pollen! Hoping to not hurt Maynard further, the red-skinned tiefling steps next to the poor fellow, getting closer to where the weird creature controlling him is supposed to be. Ferabras swings his blade at the space, hoping to kill whatever is controlling Maynard!

5-foot step out of flank, to get next to thing behind Maynard, full attack with Smite Evil. Assuming the puppet-master thing is under something like a blink effect, I'll roll a miss chance too.

+1 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Bless: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 2 + 1 = 32
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 27
Miss chance, low hits: 1d100 ⇒ 19

+1 Greatsword, PA, Smite, iterative: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 24
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 27
Miss chance, low hits: 1d100 ⇒ 57

Bite attack, secondary, Smite, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Bite damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Miss chance, low hits: 1d100 ⇒ 85

DM - does the puff of pollen settle on the invisible creatures and make them any easier to see, or not because they're also ethereal? Just asking because it would be cool!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Maynard is just a puppet, you can find the real foe above!" coughs Kharnia as she points to the shadowy creature manipulating the phantom. "Invisible to the eye! They... Gods..." she says, her voice reduced to a whisper as she turns to look at the thing threatening the fortune-teller before yelling: "A Vaduva de Noapte! KILL IT!"

Her gun clear her holster as she calls upon the winds of the Path of Angahei.

Shooting a snowball at that Hag!: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 6, 4) + 1 = 22

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Garret keels over...

That is the second will save I fail in this round of updating, another character is paralyzed by mummy fear.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Zora's gaze snaps around, and she steps behind Ferabras. "Strike true, champion," she whispers in her dry voice, and Ferabras's sword flickers with a ghosting line of blue flame.

Using my Touch the Spirit World ability on Ferabras; his blade can strike incorporeal creatures as if it were ghost touch for 7 rds

I assume it would kn nature to know more about the plants and their poison?


Unfortunately, try as they might, Ferabras and Karnhia cannot pierce the ethereal plane! Maynard is being dominated, but the caster is not here to attack! Indeed, knowledge nature could ID these dastardly plants!

Maynard sobs, but cannot help himself!

Round 2:

Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia
Maynard
Zora

He attacks Ferabras again!
Short sword vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage!

The plants try to sting at anyone in range, thorns whipping violently.

Sting vs Ferabras: 1d20 ⇒ 8 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 2 acid damage!
Sting vs Ferabras: 1d20 ⇒ 5 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 1 acid damage!

Sting vs Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 6 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 2 acid damage!
Sting vs Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 18 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 1 acid damage!

Sting vs Karnhia: 1d20 ⇒ 17 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 1 acid damage!
Sting vs Karnhia: 1d20 ⇒ 3 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 1 acid damage!

One of the plants creeps toward poor sleeping Garret, beginning to cover him slowly but surely!

Round 3!
Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia are up!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Sleep. Let Desna take you on a path between the stars" whispers Kharnia and she gestures at Maynard.

Sleep hex, Will DC 18.


Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Inexplicably, Maynard's willpower is enough to resist the slumbering hexual power!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Reluctant to whack Maynard again, and eager to help his sleepy halfling companion, Fera strides toward Garret, crying out, ”Get off him, you nasty plant!“ He swings his greatsword at the plant beginning to cover Garret!

Move action to get near Garret, standard to attack plant that’s getting him!

+1 Greatsword, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 24
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 + 6 = 19

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Karnhia, would you like to roll a KN nature? I would, but I don't have it ;)

"Does anyone know if I can wake Garret with a touch? I am not sure what poison was laid on him..."

(Forgot to re-update my armor line now that we were awake/dressed, but the 18 hit me regardless; 1 acid damage to me


Ferabras cuts the plant to tiny plant pieces, while Zora recognizes that Garret only seems to be asleep and should be easily woken with a nudge.

Garret and Mikail?

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret twitches in his sleep

I assume I can't take actions.


Garret dreams of strange vistas, where terrifying spider gods rule and hags steal souls.

Round 3:

Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia
Maynard
Zora

Maynard stabs at Ferabras again, sobbing.

Short sword vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage!

The remaining plants crawl toward Garret and try to wrap him up!

Zora!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora hurriedly moves to Garret and shakes him awake, eyeing the vines with dislike. "Garrett! We need you."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Mum?" Garret mumbles when Zora rouses him. He takes a moment to get his bearings and jumps to his feet.

Which would provoke

He looks at the plants that were about to cover him and kicks them

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Two of the plants lash out!

Plant AoO vs Garret: 1d20 ⇒ 13 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 1 acid damage!
Plant AoO vs Garret: 1d20 ⇒ 8 for 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 damage and 1d2 ⇒ 1 acid damage!

Garret smashes one of the plants into green goo and dirt!

Round 4:

Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia
Maynard
Zora

Mikail, Garret, Ferabras, Karnhia are up!

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,959 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.