OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,251 to 3,300 of 3,959 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

When Maynard cuts him, Ferabras turns to the ensorcelled man and says, ”My apologies, I know you mean me no harm, and are made to act against your own will. But I can’t have you killing me, can I?“ He turns his blade to strike with the flat, then gives Maynard a solid thumping.

Full attack for non-lethal damage on Maynard.

+1 Greatsword, Bless, NL: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 - 4 = 24
Greatsword damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6) + 8 = 18

+1 Greatsword, iterative: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 20
Greatsword damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 6) + 8 = 17

Bite attack, secondary: 1d20 + 11 - 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 5 + 1 - 4 = 9
Bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status: 47/54 hp

DM - just so I’m clear, are the only opponents we can actually attack in this situation Maynard and his little plant friends? We can’t attack the puppet thing or the night hag, right?


Correct. The others are foreshadowing for the next chapter where you must save Madame Carrington by going after their shadowy captors!

Maynard is knocked out and the plants stuffed back into their pots!

You realize that Madame Carrington's mind has been stolen by the night hag and that entering the realm of dreams is the only way to recover her mind and stop the dreams. You study the ritual, fighting off the nightmares as things in Korvosa slowly deteriorate. What Korvosa needs now are heroes. Thankfully you're around!

This concludes the first part of this module. I will work on chronicle sheets and reporting and get those to you soon. Can everyone verify their PFS numbers and dayjob checks as needed in the discussion thread, please!

Big question: shall we continue this module into the dream realms?

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia begins cursing soundly as the soothsayer's fate becomes apparent. "We are going after her and beating that Vaduva de Rahat into a gruel so thin none but giorgo mice will find sustenance on it" she says through clenched teeth before beginning another round of colorful, anatomically improbably Varisian curses.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Damn right we are, Karnhia," Fera says forcefully, before realizing what he's said in echoing the Varisian's tone. "Um, I mean, yes, we absolutely must do that."

I'd definitely like to continue, this is a great group and I'd like to see where this story goes.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"I don't know exactly what you are saying, but we are going after them!"


CHAPTER 3: INTO THE DREAM REALM

Seven days have passed and the ritual is ready. After gathering a few items, you find yourself back in Madame Carrington's salon, Maynard now freed from his control and aiding you. He apologized a long time for his behavior, pleading that he could see himself acting but could not stop himself or warn you. Still, in the time since, he has taken care of the Madame's comatose form and waited on you diligently. Now, it is time.

Any last purchases before we begin? Feel free to add anything you think of in your first post.

The chanting begins, as you lay in a circle, your feet touching and your heads pointed outward. The last thing you hear before sleep claims you is Maynard wishing you good luck and gods'speed.

The Dream-realm of Bridgefront looks oddly stretched, like everything is just a little too long in one dimension or another. Colors flow along the air like rivers in the sky and absurd sights greet you. You step onto the street, feeling a pull in the direction of the House on Hook Street. As you move, hazy dream forms of people you've seen on the streets pass by you, phasing in and out at random.

The cobblestones you walk on seem to become bouncier, squishier as you and puddles form beneath your feet. They don't seem terribly threatening, yet you can't help but feel a sense of foreboding here. As you look toward the river, the sky seems to dissolve into chaos and you realize that only Bridgefront looks stable here, like it's a small island in the greater dream realm.

Anything special you want to do in the dream realms? Are you taking any precautions, doing anything out of the ordinary?

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Ladies, I trust you know what we are doing and how we will get back. Do you thing my wand will work out here? If it does, please use it on me"

Mage armor

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia rises from her prone position and looks around cautiously as she hands Riddywhipple a wand. "Garret, dragul meu, I only wish I knew what I am doing. That knowledge, unfortunately, rest with the crones of the Varisii. All I have here is the book. Let us trust that doana Carrington knows how to begin the voyage back."

She smiles, a bittersweet moment, before continuing with one that manages to blend wistfulness with a sour feeling. "I think your wand will work perfectly fine, but I would take care whose affections I seek in this place. As for your magical device, I think it will work fine as well. This place is as much driven by belief as by an echo of reality. In the meantime, I'll cast that spell upon you." She grabs the wand, spins it in her finger and mutters her incantation. "There."

Before I answer your question GM, I'm going to need a better picture of the scene. Like, for instance, is this a scenario like what one would see in the Silent Hill movie? Fog-encrusted and berift of activity? Or is it more of a shadowy reflection of Bridgefront, with ghostly passerby? Please paint us a mental image.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras goes to great lengths to ensure that Maynard knows he is forgiven, even taking the man out to a simple but filling lunch one day. When the week has passed and the ritual is ready, he reports to Madame Carrington's house, having made no particular preparations.

Once transported to the realm of dreams, Ferabras seems to be looking in every direction at once, his yellow eyes filled with a blend of suspicion and wonder at the weirdness of the place. "In my travels as a Pathfinder, I have often found myself thinking, 'Well, this is the strangest thing I shall ever see.' Yet somehow I find myself thinking that same thought again."

He probes the squishy cobbles thoughtfully, even giving one a poke with his claw-like fingers, though not so hard as to cause it to pop, or whatever a squishy cobblestone does when poked too hard. "Strange indeed. I suppose we head for the House on Hook Street, or whatever the street is called in this realm?"

No particular precautions here.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Before they slipped into the dream of the ritual, Zora would have prayed to Pharasma as she does every day, asking for wisdom to meet the day's challenges and the power to keep her colleagues from the Boneyard until it is their time, and the grace to bring peace to any unrested dead.

On a more mundane note, she offered a scroll to Karnhia with arcane script upon it, and a murmur of "I am told this speed may be useful in wartime, but you know more of it than me."

Karnhia is holding a scroll with 2 castings of haste on it (if she is willing).

Then, the dream began...

Waking in the strange other place, Zora was silent at first, processing the world and it's unusual quality. Then, she began a solemn intonation...

Casting Deathwatch, duration 80 minutes. Zora would be very interested to know how the 'hazy dream forms' read to deathwatch, and will approach within 30' of one of them to try and tell that.

Zora has received a pair of new gloves while they prepared the ritual, ordered special delivery; they are gray silk, with a silver embroidered eye as well, albeit outlined in a Pharasmin spiral. She tugs the cuffs of the gloves, but doesn't activate them just yet.

"I know enough to know that we can only strike at our enemy here," Zora says drily to Garret's words. "Surely you do not wish to live forever....? At least our sense of direction is clear-- I feel the direction of the house, innately."


The scene around you looks like Bridgefront, but stretched in strange ways. One side of a building looks a little too tall, or the building is just a shade too deep, with odd puddles all around. There's a thin mist, grey and clinging, not thick enough to disturb sight, but enough to give the place a washed out feeling. Everything is a little greyer than it seems in real life, the colors muted and drained. People move about you, but they look more like flat images projected upon the mist than three dimensional beings, and even then, they flicker in and out of sight like their projector is on the fritz.

There's sounds around you, but they seem to be coming from far, far away, even the sounds of your own voices and footsteps. It smells sticky to your nose, like an old movie theater that hasn't been cleaned in a long time.

The shadows and mist cause your eyes to flicker from place to place, following the odd sense of movement and the strange dimensions make you feel as if the world is subtlety curving in on itself, or worse, in on you, as if you're looking at it from the bottom of a grave.

But still, that pull, that feeling of slight gravity tells you that the House is the center of all this, and you fear that having not explored most of it, you have no idea what the dream version of the place will contain...

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia points to the house on Hook street. "Let us not waste any more time here and get in, Desna smile on us." Eyeing the shades suspiciously, she mutters an incantation and a Mage Armor shimmers around her. She then pauses, grabs a vial of a black unguent that she rubs over her hands, before grabbing another vial and a pitted bullet. "And let us see if the who rest here enjoy giant wasp venom."

I'm using another dose of Blackfingers paste to apply that poison to another one of my pitted bullets. Lets see how well that goes.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras watches as Karnhia applies the black goo to her hands, holding up and contemplating his own red-skinned hand, as if demonstrating that his jagged black nails look no more pleasant in the Land of Dreams. "You keep that up, you'll end up as odd-looking as me," he remarks, a touch of humor in his voice, "but if that stuff works here, and lets us put an end to the evil we pursue, then perhaps it will be worth it."

Patting the hilt of his sword, as if to reassure himself it hasn't floated away in a dream, he continues to follow the pull of Hook Street.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"No worries Karnhia, I won't seek anyone's affections in this strange and weird place."

He nods towards the house "I agree, let's get to it"

Before entering Garret wills his skin to harden.

barkskin


You buff, feeling hardened against the peril that surely surrounds you even now. You move forward, but you don't get far before one of the puddles about twenty feet away suddenly gives a SLORCH and erupts into a huge vaguely humanoid form and lets out a wail of anger!

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Foe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Let's try this one without a map and see how it goes. The House will be VERY mappy, so..

Round 1:
Mikail, Garret, Karnhia
MUD GUY!
Zora and Ferabras!

Mikail, Garret and Karnhia are up!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Oh great! No feet..."

Garret rushes forward to defend Karnhia and Zora and attempts to punch the mudmonster

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia's eyes narrow, as she racks her brain for anything looking like... that... in the stories the elders told around the caravan campfire.

Knowledge (Arcana or Planes): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 (6 less for other knowledges.)

If susceptible to cold damage:

And with a contemptuous gesture, raises her gun, points it at the thing, and recites her incantation. "Vânturile lui Angahei, lapoviţă și zăpadă, auziți chemarea mea, lovi-mi un dușman."

Varisian:
"Winds of Angahei, sleet and snow, hear my call, smite my foe"

Snowball via Gun vs Muddy McMudder (Point Blank): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 6, 4, 6) + 1 = 22


This is a mud elemental, resistant to physical damage and immune to acid, but can be damaged by any other element. Garret's punch lands, but seems to do only a fraction of the damage he's used to, while Karhnia's cold bullet knocks a chunk off the beast!

Mikail is up!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

GM, does it have feet? In other words, can it be tripped?


It doesn't have feet per se, but it doesn't seem to be immune to being tripped, though it is difficult! Mikail delays!

The mud thing lets out a roar and tries to smash Garret!
Slam vs G: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12 plus entrap!
Slam vs G: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 = 16 plus entrap!

Entrap: Fort Save DC 19 or become entangled for 10 minutes in drying mud! (hardness 5, hp 15) Two failed saves means you're helpless!

Zora, Ferabras and Mikail are up!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora trusts her colleagues have this mostly in hand, but she sees Garret being spattered by mud and frowns. Murmuring the words of a spell, she approaches carefully, not sure how long the mud-thing's arms might be, to touch Garret...

Freedom of movement on Garrett, 80 minute duration

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Seeing the mud beast attempt to entrap Garret, Ferabras rushes forward and slashes at the Creature from the Black Lagoon Puddle with his blade!

+2 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 3 = 25
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 + 9 = 22


Zora grants Garret the freedom of motion as Ferabras slashes the giant mud man! The thing seems to ooze mud, but it's still up and fighting!

ROUND 2:

Mikail, Garret, Karnhia
MUD GUY!
Zora and Ferabras!

Mikail, Garret and Karnhia are up!

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Well s#*@, forgot to have Riddywhipple act last turn.

Riddywhipple takes to the air, clutching a wand. "Let us see is this sorcerous supply will sway the battle in our favor!"

Magic Missile vs The dark... Mud Elemental: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia closes her eyes as she recites the incantation again, and a frosty beard forms upon the barrel of her weapon as she points it again at the creature.

Snowball via Gun vs Mud Elemental (Point Blank): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 1, 1) + 1 = 12

Poo.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Trip: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Trip: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 if the first trip attempt succeeded this is a regular attack, subtract 3 from result
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Punch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Vicious Stomp on succesful trip: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Son of a! Thank you Karnhia, it is a long time ago that I fought an elemental and I remember the situation vividly. Nasty creatures!"


Riddywhipple's missile hits, as does Karnhia, but Garret's tripping attempts meet with only muddy feet as the gooey monster simply allows him to ooze through. It does get a large grin on its angry face at the attempts.

Slam vs Garret: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15 damage!
Slam vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9 damage and possible entrapment!

Entrap: Fort Save DC 19 or become entangled for 10 minutes in drying mud! (hardness 5, hp 15) Two failed saves means you're helpless!

Zora, Mikail and Ferabras!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

I'm puzzled. Are those slams against touch? Ferabras' AC is a tad higher than 19.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

The GM always rolls damage, it is up to see if it connects or not


Garret's got the right of it. It saves time. Sometimes I preview the rolls, but mostly I just roll damage along with the attack roll. If it doesn't hit your AC, just ignore it.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras, unscathed by the mud monster's attack, slashes at bites in response!

Full attack!

+2 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 3 = 21
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 11 + 9 = 26

+2 Greatsword, PA, iterative: 1d20 + 11 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 3 = 16
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 11 + 9 = 27

Bite attack, secondary, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 5 - 3 = 11
Bite damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


The mud man wavers, but doesn't fall as Ferabras' first strike hits home.

Zora and Mikail!


ROUND 3:

Mikail, Garret, Karnhia
MUD GUY!
Zora and Ferabras!

Zora for Round 2, Mikail< Garret and Karnhia for Round 3!

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple activates the wand again!

Mahgic Miss-Hile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Flustered, Kharnia give the beast the evil eye, punctuating her gestures with a wad of spit in its direction.

DC 19 Will for limited duration, -2 to attacks.

As the creature fights the influence of her Varisian curse, she cackles evilly.

Cackle.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Noting that Garret is injured, Zora moves forward, trying to skirt the danger, her hand glowing with the energy of life itself.

Converting moment of greatness to an empowered CLW

CLW on Garret, blessed touch: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 *1.5 for = 15 total


Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 The mud man seems to stagger as the magic missiles hit him and his attacks become more tentative. Zora heals Garret!

Garret is up!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Aid on attack roll, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29
Acrobatics to get into flank with Ferebras: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29

Garret attempts to distract the mud man, so it is easier for Ferebras to hit him, he circles around the elemental to distract it even more!

"Thank you Zora!"

AC now 31


Garret tumbles, but the Mud Man swings! Slam AoO vs Garret: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15 damage!

The Mud Guy roars and tries to bash Ferabras into goop!
Slam vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 1) + 7 = 12 damage and entrap!
Slam vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15 damage and entrap!

Zora and Ferabras!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Don't forget that it's a -2 to its attacks. On that 32 vs AC, I'm almost 47% certain that it'll still hit. But on that 20 and 24... That might help.

Never mind, Ferabras' AC is 26. Whomp womp.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Actually my AC is now 31 because I am fighting defensively, so it misses if the GM did not take that -2 into account


I completely forgot the -2, so apply that to the attacks!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

The mud man’s strikes smash powerfully into Ferabras’ armor! The tiefling roars right back at his foe, taking advantage of Garret’s assistance to slash and bite at the sloppy elemental!

Full attack with lots of bonuses from Garret!

+2 Greatsword, PA, Aid, Flank: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 - 3 + 2 + 2 = 27
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 11 + 9 = 27

+2 Greatsword, PA, iterative: 1d20 + 11 - 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 3 + 2 + 2 = 13
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 11 + 9 = 23

Bite attack, secondary, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 = 21
Bite damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


With a final slash, Ferabras ends the muddy man's life, sending it dissolving back into the muck that spawned it.

COMBAT OVER!

As you move toward the House on Hook Street, you notice a few more of the slightly bubbling puddles. You avoid them.

An imposing manse rises from a radius of wood comprised of the splintered remains of dozens of destroyed hovels. Thick black ivy crawls across the walls of the house, and gnarled oaks reach from the surrounding waste like dark, crooked fingers.

In the dreamscape, The twisted, foreboding ancestral estate of the fallen Caligaro family stands amid a rubblestrewn field that stretches from the Old Wall to Hook Street. Strange shapes leer from the corner of the viewer’s eye, and it appears as if mocking figures stare from the manse’s high windows, only to disappear when looked at.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia spits, making a warding gesture with her left hand. "This place is polluted with bad souls." She looks to her companions, nervoudly fingering the trigger of her gun. "How shall we enter it? And by the traveler's sweet mercies, yes, I know that we will enter through the door. I mean in what manner?"

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Is my casting earlier of deathwatch telling me anything about any of these shapes and figures?

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"I propose we enter as we always do," Fera replies simply, "I will go first, and we will face down whatever evil attempts to stop us."

He considers a moment, then adds, "I can offer some greater protection to any who might need it, perhaps Mika or Garret?"

I've got a protection from evil and a shield other I'd be happy to cast on anyone else.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"I am pretty well protected, although that mud man proved that sometimes I still get hit"

CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) + 3 = 14

Shield of Faith would be nice Ferabras, but my AC is already 29, so maybe use it on yourself?


Deathwatch is telling you that the vines and the trees outside the House are healthy. You can't get much from the flickers in the window, other than there is something there that is neither alive nor dead.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora studies the building with her strange white eyes a moment, then shakes her head. "These... figments.... they are neither alive nor dead. My insight into the grave may not help us here much, my friends. Let us go forth cautiously."

I'd be happy to put a shield of faith on someone as well-- mine will last a bit longer and be a +3 to the bonus. Maybe Mikail if Garrett doesn't want it?

Zora takes a position at the rear of the group, letting the warriors be the first to proceed.

3,251 to 3,300 of 3,959 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.