OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,959 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

The sergeant is off doing some paperwork when you get down below and you can bully the guards with the body into allowing the speak with dead. You are good to go!

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora clutches her holy symbol and murmurs a brief prayer to Pharasma-- a specific entreaty, that the Grave Goddess allow her to question this soul but a few moments before it goes on to its reward...

(Unless Diogiorgio is true neutral, he gets a DC 16 will save to try and resist the question (if he wants to resist).)

With her hand resting on the unfortunate dead man's head, Zora chants the syllables of her prayer to Pharasma, then finally clears her throat to question him directly.

"What manner of creature caused your death?

"Where shall we find your killers to gain a vengeance for you?

"What message should I tell your living kin, Avigail?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

The corpse gives a sigh and responds.

"What manner of creature caused your death?" "A hound. Dark and terrible with eyes that ripped. It came from the angles. It should not be. I fled. I fell."

"Where shall we find your killers to gain a vengeance for you?" "No vengeance for me. See Avigail is take care of. Study the book. The dreams hold the key. Take her to the sanctuary. Madame Carrington will watch over her."

"What message should I tell your living kin, Avigail?" "So very sorry, my little bunny. Wished for more time. I love you, my bonny bunny. Be happy. Live long."

With this final word, the corpse goes quiet and dead once more.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Who has the book? I thought I did, but then it seems as if Zora has it in her possession.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

I'm happy to say it made it back to you after Zora looked at it.

Zora makes sure the man's eyes are closed in peace and traces an ash-spiral of Pharasma on his brow to guide him to the Bonespire. "Thank for your answers. Rest well. I shall relay your message," she whispers, though the man is now past hearing.

Returning the others, Zora muses on the hound she heard him mention.

I have an OOC/meta suspicion on what that hound is, but if Zora can see if she knows about it just by hearing a description...

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 ...lol, not on that roll, never mind.

When she comes back to the others, she nods. "Our poor deceased soul said the creature that slew him was a hound... though some unnatural type of hound. A dark hound, whose eyes 'ripped', and who came from 'angles.' I am not sure what it might have been.

"He also said that we should study the book, and that dreams hold the key. I think that might have been very literal: the key transported to the realm of dreams. He wished us to take 'her' to a sanctuary, and said our acquaintance, Madame Carrington, would watch over her. I am unclear if he meant his poor daughter, or if he was perhaps gendering the book," she says slightly deadpan. "I suggest we take some time to look the book over thoroughly, and then consult Carrington-- I feel we may need to conduct the ritual the book speaks of, to breach into the dream-land itself, and her insights there might prove invaluable. Excuse me-- I have a message for the girl."

Zora will then find Avigal, and, privately and somberly, relay her father's last words and wishes to her, with a murmur that while it is cold comfort, not all manage to receive one last message from their loved ones.

(I sniffled at 'bonny bunny', GM)

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia ponderously steps on down the bedroom stairs towards her Pharasmin friend as she pages through the book with a raised eyebrow.

I definitely know what that is given how miserable those things made my life in another campaign. Lets see what Kharnia knows.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"This is definitely a very interes... Testiculele diavolului what did you say?"

Is 31 enough to know about these fine doggos?

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

DM and Zora - beautiful job, you don't get a lot of tear-jerker moments in PbP!

"It was a clever thing you did, Zora, to speak with him," Fera offers, "but also a truly good one, to give the lass a chance for a final loving word from her father."

As Zora goes to speak with Avigail, the red-skinned tiefling turns to Karnhia and asks, "Do you know what this creature might be from its description? I know little of such things. I expect you have much to do in studying the book, where I also have little to offer, but knowing what sort of foe might be lurking could be helpful."

Same meta knowledge here as Zora's. A good Knowledge (planes) check could come in handy.

Edit: ninja'd, but I'll leave it, pretend he said it first, eh?

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail watches the scene play out before him, morosely thinking of his own parents.. long dead and far out of reach from any help like this. He sniffles once or twice, and turns away unable to watch. His shoulders start to heave once.. maybe twice.. before he takes a shuddering breath and lets it out slowly. He pauses for a moment, you see his right arm reach upwards and his head bow for a moment towards his paw. But when he returns to the group, his fur is dry and his eyes clear.

"We will see her taken care of.." he whispers to no one as he steps forward.

"I don't know what this thing is, but I know that I can't wait to sink my rapier into it. Lets get moving! To the Sanctuary first??"

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret has stood back, watching how things unfold and thinking about his own parents in Almas. "Yes, it seems we need to visit madame Carrington again"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Karhnia's eyes go wide at the description of the 'hound' and she remembers a tale she heard of things which come from the angles - Hounds of Tindalos, they were called. Three pieces of information, Karnhia!

Zora speaks with Avigail, who nearly collapses when she relays the bunny comment. "That's what he called me when he put me to bed!" She wails, and one of the aunties holds her close while she cries her sorrow.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Iubitorului de cal testiculele umflate" she curses as the child begins to wail at the memory of her loving father. "That curva creature we speak of is a Tindalosi copoi, a hound of Tindalos." She looks to the others gravely as Riddywhipple, ever the sensitive one, flies on over to the weeping child to attempt to console her in his own way. "Borne of fractals, it takes the shape of a dog only to better devour the essence of mortals."

How about special abilities, defenses, and special attacks.

"We should be careful. Any corner now could carry untold peril."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret looks confused "So it is something that lurks in shadows?"

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia shakes her head. "It does not need to. Every corner is a shadow for it to appear from, every wall a jumping board for its ferocity; it wills itself into being wherever it desires, so long as a corner exists for it to leap off of. I speak of teleportation and the power of the mind to create where it is. We best hurry. There is great danger afoot."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Special Abilities: Angled entry (swift action to teleport 3/day), Otherworldly Mind (don't read its mind. BAD THINGS happen), Ripping Gaze (looks can kill). Plus nasty spell-like abilities.

Defenses: DR/magic, immune to mind-affecting, poison

Special Attacks: ripping gaze.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"That sounds like a nasty creature. It does has legs so I can trip it, right?


With the book and the girl in tow, you head to Madame Carrington's. Once there you are greeted by Maynard, her assistant. He takes you into the Madame's sitting room. She is propped up on her chaise and her eyes widen when she sees you bear the Paginarum Lethargica. A moment later Giurescu appears. "You have the book? Excellent news. But I sense much sadness in your band. What has befallen you?"

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail steps forward, furry shoulders hunched and tail sagging. "We were too late.. again. And this girls father paid the price. I, for one, am getting tired of being two steps behind this mess. We brought the book and the girl here, hoping that you can help the girl and set us on a better path to get ahead of these creatures!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia looks about, worried and tense. Too many corners... By the dreams of the long road, way too many corners...

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Indeed, it is as Mikail said. We need to catch up so we can prevent any further deaths"


Giurescu listens for a moment, then confers with Madame Carrington. "She is, of course, welcome to stay here. Maynard will show her to a room. The book, on the other hand, is more... delicate. It contains a ritual that will allow you to travel phsyically to the Dream Realm, to confront what lurks there. But to learn it requires a full week of study. My love cannot do this, she is too frail for the energies it holds. It must be one of you. Which of you will undertake this task?"

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail shuffles his feet back and forth as he looks at the others. "I play around with a few tricks.. but I don't know if I am up to this. If no one else will, I guess I will try...." he says hesitantly.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia sighs. "Maybe you are, maybe you aren't vulpe. But I have more experience with such things. My people... Our people, are travelers by nature. Sitting still does not sit well, and the gods have a way of reminding us of that. I will read into this book, as I have up till now, and will make ready our journey into the dreamlands. But you, you will look into the darkness, in to the recesses where none should be. And if you see anything, do not dwell too long on whether you should bring violence to it or not. And do not look into its eyes, less you wish to meet the lady of Graves sooner than you might desire" she states, her otherwise playful tone anything but as Riddywhipple perches on Madame Carrington's seat.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"I am also willing; what sort of soul would be best for this ritual? Karnhia knows far more of magic than I do. I know more of the dead," Zora says with a shrug.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"A full week? I think you ladies are better at studying then I am. Is there anything I can do while you are studying? I can bake some provisions, will we need those in the realm of dreams?"


Giurescu shrugs. "Perhaps it would be best if you both studied? Can't hurt to have knowledge shared, especially knowledge as dark as this."

Okay, so you know it will take a full week of study to understand this ritual. What will you do, roughly speaking, in the week while Zora and Karnhia study? Not saying all your plans will come to fruition, but I'd like a general idea - patrol the city, practice your skills, keep an ear out for rumors, hibernate, that sort of thing.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"Can you bake poppyseed muffins?" Zora asks Garrett, in apparent full seriousness.

***

Zora spends the bulk of the next week studying, of course, but when she must take a momentary respite she does so best by eating in the inn's common room-- especially if there are muffins-- and engaging locals in quiet conversation... and occasionally seeing to their wounds. The word gets round in the town that if you have an illness or a wound, the Pharasmin woman with the pale eyes may deign to treat it for free, if you manage to time your visit right... Beyond that, Zora mostly stays to their rented chambers, not eager to risk an attack by wandering out solo.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

” Sure, if I can find some poppyseed. The other ingredients should be readily available”

Garret spends his time in the kitchen of the tavern, if he is granted access. Otherwise he will rent a kitchen and spend his time baking bread and poppyseed muffins. He makes sure the bread is distributed among the people who can barely afford proper food.

I assume 100 gp will cover this

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail nods as the girls take over the task of studying the book. "I will do what I can to discover what news we can, but I do need to go shopping before we finish this off. I have a few scrolls I would like to buy!"

Turning to Ferabras, the kitsune looks worried. "What are you going to do? I don't like leaving you behind.. gods only know what trouble you will find without me to keep you on the straight and narrow!!" He looks anxious for a moment, before a grin peeps out, exposing the truth of his jest. "I will check in with you once a day, and again if I find anything important. Just so I know that you are behaving yourself!"

So.. disappearing into the warrens and dens of the city, looking for more information on anything pertinent to our mission. Also, the day before everything is set to start, Mikail will head to someplace he can buy some wizards scrolls to purchase: 4 castings of Haste for 1500gp, 4 castings of Flaming Sphere for 600gp total: 2100gp

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia spends all of her waking hours studying the book, studiously making notes and comparing them with other sources.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Wow, somehow in the ups and downs of the Paizo site, I stopped getting notifications of new posts for this game! Very sorry to have been absent, I was wondering why no one was posting here and just now checked.

Ferabras grins a black-toothed grin at Mikail, responding, "While our scholars study this ritual, I will do as you do, little Mika, and see what I can learn. And I will practice with my blade, as a warrior must do."

Going to spend most of my time chatting people up, seeing if I can learn anything that will be helpful, and trying to be helpful to others if the opportunity presents itself. Will also do some daily drills, to avoid getting soft.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

You're not the only one, Ferabras, I had a couple of mine where I assumed people just hadn't resumed and instead it's just not notifying me


No worries. The downtime hit us all.

You spread out to study and run errands, learn new skills and keep apprised. The local neighborhoods seem to be holding their breath, waiting for the next horror. Nightmares still plague them, and dark circles under eyes and weary looks are everywhere.

Two days pass. After the long day, you return to your inn to sleep, but sometimes the best laid plans go awry...

Sometime in the deep of night, you feel a sudden jolt of awareness - something dark stirs nearby. You hear the soft scrabble of claws on wooden floors, a shuffle of a foot trying to be stealthy, the heavy breathing of a beastly thing.

You are dressed in whatever you normally sleep in, so act accordingly. The noise is coming from the hall outside your rooms.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia wakens abruptly, the adrenaline rush flooding through her like a torrent of unease. Quietly, she tamps down of those feelings as Riddywhipple chooses to go invisible. Breathe Kharnia. OK. It has found us. As it was supposed to be. Oh damn fate and Pharasma; Desna, smile on your daughter! She focuses and utters the words of her armor spell, thankful that she only needed one earlier in the day, and reaches for her gun, lying upon the nightstand.

That would be my first and second round of actions if that matters.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera leaps quickly from his bed, drawing his blade from where the scabbard hangs from the bedpost. Whispering fiercely to his roommates, he says, "Mika! Garret! I'll take point, perhaps you can use the darkness to get around behind whatever is creeping out there and together we'll deal with it!"

Clad in nothing but his smallclothes, he then moves to the door and opens it. Holding his blade before him, his muscles rippling under his unearthly red skin, he scans the hallway in both directions before taking a protective step towards the room where Karnhia and Zora sleep.

That's probably two rounds of actions as well. AC is 14 without magical plate mail.


Karnhia prepares spells and firearms as Ferabras slips outside. The hallway is dark, but he can smell a strange odor, like a hound crossed with the smell of ozone. Something flickers, just outside his field of vision and he spins to see a cultist standing in the hall. She holds a spider-leg sickle but her skin is ashen grey and her image is distorted like a funhouse mirror.

"Silly hellspawn. Did you think you could steal the Key and the Book and hope not to die at the hand of the Lords of Nightmare?" She smiles and her mouth stretches wider than humanly possible to reveal shark's teeth.

Everyone else can take 2 rounds worth of actions before initiative kicks in.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora stumbles blearily out of bed, her strange eyes blinking several times as she adjusts to being awake. She grabs not her weapon but her shield, and makes her way out into the corridor, gazing at the scene.

Zora wordlessly takes in the moment, and murmurs a quick prayer to Pharasma before touching Ferabras's bare arm.

"Strike well, brother."

Aid on Ferabras, +1 morale to attack and also 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 temp hit points for him

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Round oneGarret reaches out to the chair next to him and grabs his amulet. He then jumps out of bed in his small. round 2 He opens the door and dons his amulet while stepping out of the door.

"I am here!"

AC 20 ;-)


Mikail, feel free to post your two rounds of prep when you jump in!

The strange nightmare woman sniffs. "Enough talk. Let's get to the gutting."

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Nightmare woman: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
HIDDEN: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Round 1:
Garret, Zora, Ferabras
FOES
Mikail, Karnhia

The woman idly scratches her sickle along the wall, making a discordant sound. She tilts her head and you hear the popping sound of vertebrae.

Garret, Zora and Ferabras are up to start!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret laughs "This isn't a butchery and I run a clean kitchen!"

His skin turns wooden and he advances, leaving space for Ferabras to charge if he wants to

Ki point for barkskin

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera takes a few steps into the hallway, to keep the woman from getting at his friends, and calls on all that is holy to destroy her. His blade lights up with searing fire and a faint nimbus of white light surrounds him for an instant.

Move action to get forward, standard to activate Divine Bond and make sword flaming, swift to activate Smite Evil towards woman. AC is now 17, on the assumption she is in fact evil.

Garret - you ninja'd me by a moment. I've still got 10' of movement and can get closer, but I was thinking we'd try to have the fight near the intersection of the hallways, where there's a tiny bit more room. I can go either way, and will move up further if need be.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Sorry, I misunderstood. I will attempt to reposition her towards the crossing with ki throw and then get back towards you using acrobatics.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

That sounds like an awesome plan, Garrett! And if it doesn’t work, I’ll step up and join you where you are.

DM - what’s a suitable knowledge check to make here, to figure out who or what we’re fighting?


Knowledge Local on the woman!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

DM - if it's okay with you, I'll just go with Garret's nice charge lane that he left me, and skip the activation of Divine Bond. I have no idea if she'll be bothered by fire, and it makes more sense to get in and hit her, and be close in case she starts casting spells or other horrid things. And it's what Fera would do anyway!

+1 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 2 = 33
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 25

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 2 = 32
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 28

Oh my, someone wanted Fera to do it this way, that's clear!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Fera! We want to question her!" Garret shouts as the greatsword goes down

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Nice crit, Fera! Clearly the 'someone' is Ferabras's god ;) Didn't matter with those rolls but keep in mind you have the +1 to hit from me, and your 13 temp hp

"Let the light of truth sear away any others that hide and seek to do us harm," Zora intones, and the wooden spiral around her neck begins to glow brilliantly. Daylight, since it sounded like the hallway was dark

Shining with a cold but clear light, Zora took several steps nearer to her colleagues, in case they needed help.


The Dice Gods have spoken.

The nightmare woman disappears in a spray of gore. Her sickle drops to the floor, clattering with a loud noise before the wet splatting sound of ex-human remains spray down on top of it.

A snarl erupts from the corner near the ceiling as a hound-shaped thing erupts from the angle where the wall meets the ceiling. The beast is vaguely purple-colored, the vibrant purple of a bruise. Its gaze sweeps the room and you all feel your flesh crawl.

Fort DC 18 or take 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 6, 6) = 21 magic slashing damage!

It bites at Ferabras! Bite vs Fera: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9 damage! It claws at Zora, seeming to hate the daylight coming from her amulet! Claw vs Zora: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage and Claw vs Zora: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage!

Mikail and Karnhia are up for Round 1!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Fortitude, excl cloak of resistance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

”Ouch!”

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fort, DC 18, less +1 cloak: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Phew!

"Oops...sorry, Garret," Ferabras says as he kills the nightmare woman in a single strike. As the equally nightmarish dog appears, he manages to resist its cutting gaze, but the monster's bite connects!

Status:54/54 plus 4/13 temp hp

Thanks for the temp hp, and the reminder about them, Zora!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Zora's spiritual hardiness serves her well, though the claws still find purchase.

"My allies shall strike you down shortly," she says despite her fresh wounds.

3,151 to 3,200 of 3,959 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.