OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,959 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Great strikes Ferabras!" Garret cheers when the blood flies everywhere.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera nods grimly in reply to Garret, responding, "I'm just glad it's dead - and that I killed it with my blade before I had to bite it." Turning to Mikail, he says, "Are you all right, little one? Let's get you patched up, then we'll deal with our suddenly helpful friend here."

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"Mikail, have you a wand of your own? I am happy to heal you either way."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"And here I was, thinking we'd be at the mercy of the creature" weighs in Kharnia, who then looks at their "host" with disgust. "
Doamnă Zora. You deal with that one. My way is either too kind or way too brutal."

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"He has seen reason. The grave goddess does not particularly care if that reason occurs only in those moments where death has finally become a real possibility," Zora says drily.

"How, precisely, shall you help us?" she asks the man as she heals Mikail. "I suggest you make it good, you can see my friends are less patient than I."


Asnaan gulps quickly and begins to speak. He tells the PCs that Frell Tann pillaged a magic book and key from the wreckage left behind after an occult ceremony where the cult betrayed and exiled some of their own members. Frell bartered the mithral key for shiver, which he shared with his friends in Fever Dream Alley (the key made it back to Myra through Greeley), and that night died in the Rook’s Roost, so they disposed of his body. When the cult learned of the missing book and threatened to withhold payment to Barvasi, he realized its importance and sought to leverage the tome. Soon dangerous entities appeared in gang members’ lucid dreams seeking the book, forcing both the cult and the gang into hiding. After the PCs’ defeat of the cult and their inquiries into his gang, Barvasi became frightened he was their next target and sold the book to the Winding Way. The bloodbath followed soon after. “If you wish to pursue those responsible,” notes Asnaan, bowing and motioning toward the macabre lucid dreaming apparatus, “I offer my services to you.” Asnaan can also describe the book to the PCs.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

In spite of the wealth of useful information that Asnaan finally shares with the party, Ferabras gives the hydrodaemon-powered blood machine a deeply skeptical look. "Thank you oh so much," he replies to the man's offer, his tone unusually tinged with sarcasm. "I guess we've no choice but to pursue our goal through that contraption."

DM - that was rather a lot to digest from him, and I may have lost a key plot point in the recesses of my brain. Can you remind us who the Winding Way are? I didn't find any reference to them in this thread. I have the cult and Barvasi's gang clear in my head (though I'm not entirely sure how the gang got into lucid dreaming), but I'm not sure if the Winding Way is a third entity or a name for one of those two groups.

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail drops to the ground, woozy and beaten.. his wounds still oozing blood. He accepts a hand up from Ferabras, clenching tightly as his head spins for a minute. Luckily, he manages to stay vertical. "Ye.. Yes. I think I'm Ok.."

He turns to Zora, offering his wand. "It's brand new.. thankfully! I would be glad of your help!" He bows his head as the holy woman begins tapping him with the wand.

CLW: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 6, 4, 3, 8) + 5 = 33

As the golden glow fades away leaving his fur matted and mussed with clotting blood, he turns very unkind eyes upon the innkeep. "I've about had enough of you. We will follow up on the information that you have now given us, but be assured that the town magistrate will know of the protection that you gave Barvasi, and the lives that have been lost because of your selfishness. You are a fool.. but your mistakes have made you dangerous." With a "Harumph!! Mikail stomps out of the inn. However, rather than following up on the new leads, he heads first to the nearest well to begin splashing the blood from his fur.

After several long minutes, the Kitsune rejoins his friends. His fur bristles and sticks out a weird angles, but his temper is now under control. Falling in step with the rest of the group, he mournfully ponders aloud "How can evil like that exist?? How can people be so innately evil that they choose to allow something like that to happen?? I am beginning to think that the fools that stand by and allow these cults to run are worse than the cults themselves.. at least they don't try to rationalize their actions.."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

” I am afraid a lot has to do more with stupidity, fear and greed than with innately being evil. Having said that, this innkeep still will pay for his crimes and the town magistrate is the one to sentence that. Now shall we follow up on this Winding Way?”


I don't think you have. The Winding Way is a bookshop in the market, not far from here.

Asnaan doesn't seem put-out by your rebuff. He stands proudly and nods sharply as you leave.

Once outside, you find a local and ask about the bookstore. He points you in the right direction, but as you approach, you can see you almost needn't have bothered asking directions. An ash-gray corpse lies crumbled in a fog-shrouded alley beneath a weblike tangle of rope bridges and clotheslines. Sergeant Cora Crandon, the watch commander you met before, stands near it, writing something in a report book. She looks up sharply as you approach and nods curtly. "No need for investigation. Another shiver suicide or overdose, fallen from the Shingles above. Nothing more."

However it's clear from the corpse and from the crowd murmuring around that her explanation is unsatisfactory. The corpse is covered with a bunch of slashes and the mob is murmuring as much. Crandon shakes her head. "Cuts consistent with a fall through ropes and past nails. Nothing unusual."

You notice a young woman, about 15 years old, who stands nearby, glaring angrily at the Sergeant, who does not look like she accepts this explanation at all.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Sorry for the quiet, site was down last night when I tried to post.

Zora looks from the body, which one doesn't need her medical expertise to assess did not die from falling, to the crowd, and to the girl.

Heal check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Those injuries are not consistent with a fall," she says firmly, letting her voice carry over the crowd. "Unless it was through a dozen swords. Has anyone here..." her gaze lingers on the young woman in particular, "seen anything that might able to shed more light on this incident?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"The nails in the city of the Mastaba wield swords apparently" comments Kharnia as a reply to Zora but with an eye on the sergeant, who up till now was ... At least helpful.

Sense Motive?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple, sensing a new source of excitement, flutters up to gauge the woman as well.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Something slithering in the shadows at the edge of your mind?" he asks the sergeant good naturedly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret waits while the women discuss. He knows it is best not to interfere when they are talking.

You are doing fine, just wanted to show I am still here


The young woman nods to the side, catching Zora's eye. You follow her to just around the corner, where she waits. "My name is Avigail. That... that's my father, Diogorgio. We own the Whispering Way. And there's no way he fell, like that fool says. Something attacked him, scared him so bad he threw himself out the window. Something terrible, for my father was not a coward. Last night, I thought I heard some strange sniffling sound and I saw... I saw a thing in the shadows before I heard my father scream. It was a skinless hound, a terrible thing. Please. You must find this thing and stop it. For my father, and for whoever else it might attack. I have the keys to the shop. I will let you in, if you will help me." The poor girl stands straight and tall, but her shoulders shake with the effort of staying brave. You can tell she is close to breaking down.

The seargeant looks earnest enough in her desire to put this whole thing to bed as soon as she can, but you sense that she doesn't feel it's a simple fall either. But she also doesn't want to start a panic.

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple flies onto Kharnia's shoulder to whisper in her ear. "There are things that thoughtless thanes do not think about, not should they feel the need to do so."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia nods, not especially enamored with being lied to but understanding the needs. "I see. Come now friends, it looks like kaera Zora has found an old friend."

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Sorry to disappear for a bit there, got called away to an emergency at work, where we had to put out a fire 800' up a mine tunnel with enormous pools of acid in it. Hell of a ride.

Ferabras peeks around the corner and sees Zora talking to the young girl. He approaches slowly, not wishing to startle the girl, who he can see is more than a little frightened. Once he understands what has happened, he says gravely, "I am so sorry for your loss, young one. I know it will not return your father to you, but we will stop this creature you saw, and find where it came from and ensure no more will come." He reaches out a red-skinned, black-clawed hand and lays it on the girl's shoulder, saying, "You are safe now, I promise."

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora pats the girl's shoulder. "I cannot bring your father back, but I know what it is like to lose a parent," she says quietly. "We will do what we can. Please, let us in, and I swear that his murderers shall not walk freely in victory."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret stands to the side and when the others have said their thing he moves up "We will do as they said and once all is done I will return here to help you with the store if you can use my assistance"


The girl sniffs, but holds her head high. She fishes in her pocket for a key and hands it to you. "This one opens the store. Our apartments are above. Thank you. My father would want the business to continue, I think. He loved books, the rarer the better." She smiles fondly.

She leads you into the bookstore, where stacks of old tomes and boxes of dusty papers fill the front room.

Perception:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Mikail: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Zora: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Garret: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Riddywhipple: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

It is Karhnia who spots a box that is much less dusty than its compatriots near a worn shop desk. Looking through it, nothing seems to match the description of the missing tome of arcane knowledge. However Avigail looks over your shoulder and tentatively picks up a ledger. "This is an accounting ledger. Why would Father have bought this? Oh, there's a bookmark..." She slips the bookmark out and the ledger suddenly changes! It grows to three times the tiny ledger's size and ornate arcane markings appear on the cover. She exclaims and nearly drops the book, but Garret and Mikail snatch it from midair before it crashes to the ground. The bookmark looks mundane, but as soon it's placed in the book, it once again becomes the nondescript ledger. Avigail lets out a cry of surprise. "My father told me of these! It's a bookmark of deception! They hide the tome they're in from scrying and detection!"

Avigail looks from the book to the heroes. "Will this book help you?"

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras makes a face, accompanied by a little shrug, that clearly says, Books are not my department. He looks to his more erudite companions and says, "Is this the tome we seek? Someone has certainly gone to some lengths to hide it."


Scanning the cover, you see written in hazy, almost moving letters PAGINARUM LETHARGICA.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Intelligence: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

”Lethargica? That translates to something like having a lot of energy, right? And I am sure that Paginarum means a lot of pages and that you should have a shot of rum when you read those. Trust me, I am a cook, I know about drinks.”

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Awesome, Garret!

Intelligence: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Fera nods along, impressed with Garret's analysis. "Makes sense to me. But I'm still not sure if this is the right book."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

”It probably isn’t.” Garret adds, looking at the daughter ”I guess the father wanted to keep this book away from his daughter, since it probably deals with some nocturnal activities a father wants to keep from his his daughter for as long as possible.”

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"I expect you're right," Ferabras says, his nodding continuing thoughtfully. "Must be tough to raise kids with a wholesome lifestyle in this city."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Avigail looks at Garret with confusion evident on her face. "What are you talking about?"

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Probably best that you not know until you're older, Avigail," Fera replies kindly. Turning to his companions, he continues, "Now, if this is a dead end, how do we find the book we're after?"

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

I do hope the ladies in the party can get this derail back on track

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |
Ferabras wrote:
Sorry to disappear for a bit there, got called away to an emergency at work, where we had to put out a fire 800' up a mine tunnel with enormous pools of acid in it. Hell of a ride.

Good God!! I have been a firefighter for 15 yrs, and cannot even begin to conceive of what it would take to battle a fire in those conditions! Simply trying to picture the conditions has my head spinning!! Good on you, and glad you made it through safely!

Mikail changes into his furry shape and approaches the poor girl outside. "We will make sure this is taken care of! I'm sorry for your loss.. dead or missing parents seems all too common anymore.." His voice trails off sadly, his tail swishing in agitation.

Moving into the store, he looks between the bodies of his taller companions and gasps as the book changes and then returns to its hidden form!

Intelligence: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

I don't remember if this is the book we are looking for or not..
Mikail is able to make out the lettering on the front cover and giggles at Garret and Ferabras' explanation.
"No, silly!! Pagenarium I think means "Collection of pages" or "Book", and Lethargica refers to "Lethargy"! So, Book of Sleep?? This could be something that could definitely be part of the problem around here!!!


This does indeed sound like the book that Madame Carrington described that Frell Tamm tried to sell to her for an extravagant amount.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Mika - it was indeed an exciting ride. Fortunately, it was a fairly small fire (though the consequences if it reached the end of the tunnel are another story...). It was just the challenge of getting people to it safely, and back, that made it complicated.

Ferabras casts a skeptical eye at Mikail and asks, "Are you sure? We've been through a lot together, little fellow, but Garret's right - that word definitely ends in 'rum'."

He looks to Zora and Karnhia and inquires of them, "What do you two think? And if this is the book we seek, how do we use it?"

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

As Riddywhipple flutters over the girl with a sad look upon his face, Kharnia merely attempts to grab the book to take a quick look at its contents. Children... The seed of tomorrow as the elders used to say. Shame I cannot speak to plants.

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

"I'm so sorry for your sorrow. I lost some good friends once, and it still hurts today as it hurt then" chirps the fairy dragon.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Paizo ate my post... Again.

As the fairy dragon consoles the child, Kharnia continues: "I think that very few books talk in this much detail about rum. And, much like most men's pride and joy, most pornographic book aren't nearly as... Thick." She gives the pair a sultry wink as her smile widens, and takes on an almost... predatory character. "As to how to use it...
I usually read books, and if they intend for me to do anything else with them, I will usually be told by the writing within. Of course, if you experience with books is limited to those girly books from Absalom's Merchant quarter... Well. Perhaps someone should... Further your education in those matters."

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora shakes her head. "I am not a scholar in any traditional sense, but I should imagine this book was of greater import than merely a drinking or... recreational text. A man died over it, after all." Her tone is slightly chiding.

She murmurs a short prayer to scan the book for magic. "Let us keep the bookmark present in it for now-- it has avoided detection thus far; it is best we keep it that way until we are ready to use it.

"Avigail... what of your future? Have you any relations with whom you can dwell? Do you know anything of what your father left to you in his will? It may seem soon to speak of such things. But while we mourn the dead, we must also see to the living."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

”Oh well, I said I am a cook, didn’t I? You might be right, I am not a librarian or someone who get’s invited to Miss Dralneen’s festivities, I don’t know that much about books, I just wanted to help. Speaking of help; Avigail, do you want us to see if whatever killed your father is still about upstairs?”


Devoured posts feed the Paizo golem. One day it will have enough to hatch into a 2nd edition Paizo golem.

Zora's magical senses detect no active magic in the book, but it brims with potential. Leafing through it she finds an accounting of the study of something called a dreamstone, a magic item that is closed linked to the plane of dreams. Some spells are scrawled here and there inside the tome, plus the rules for conducting a ritual called breach the veil of dreams which she thinks would allow a caster to physically enter the realm of dreams. Further study of the tome might yield more information.

Avigail sniffs. "I don't know what his will might say. I don't have any relatives here, but the neighbor women have been my aunties for as long as I remember. I'll stay here, and they'll watch over me." Indeed you can see several older Varisian woman hovering just within earshot watching/not watching you as you speak to the girl. They look protective and worried for the girl.

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Looking up and noticing the women, Mikail waves them over. "You are the "Aunties"? You should be here as well.. Avigail should't be left alone right now.." He pats herr back with one furry paw before returning to the team. "Lets get upstairs and see what happened there. We can read.. whatever you want.. later." He finishes the statement with a smirk, but also an slight nod towards the child in the room..

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras simply nods, glad to know that Avigail has someone to look after her. He then moves towards the stairs, eager to confirm that the threat is no longer present.

DM - if there's nothing upstairs to worry about, we can just hand-wave that part, just wanted to RP that we're concerned about taking care of Avigail. Also, I like your PF2 golem theory.


Two of the older women step forward. "She's well safe with us, youngster. We'll keep her fed and taken care of. Her poor father... well, it'd be our honor to help." They both seem sincere and Avigail smiles thankfully at them.

Upstairs the room looks tossed, but not in a searching fashion, in a melee fashion. The window is shattered outward, and deep claw marks with two deep gouges seem to appear from a corner, then disappear near the window.


Two of the older women step forward. "She's well safe with us, youngster. We'll keep her fed and taken care of. Her poor father... well, it'd be our honor to help." They both seem sincere and Avigail smiles thankfully at them.

Upstairs the room looks tossed, but not in a searching fashion, in a melee fashion. The window is shattered outward, and deep claw marks with two deep gouges seem to appear from a corner, then disappear near the window.

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail steps carefully into the room, noting the deep gouges and scratches from the corner to the window. Carefully, he looks about trying to discern what may have happened here.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Using his innate sense for the presence of evil, Ferabras scans the room carefully, to ensure that no threat remains.

Detect Evil everywhere!


No evil here now, but there is a residual reek of it. Something evil and otherworldly was here.

Mikail reconstructs a scene: the bookseller, readying for bed. Something appears in the room, a two-toed dog thing. The bookseller panics, throws a heavy water pitcher at it, scrambles for a weapon. The thing advances, there's a spray of blood from the bookseller, as if he was cut by five knives at once from five different angles, blood flying everywhere. He clambers to the window, outside, then slips and falls to the cobbles below. But Mikail can see nothing on the fall down that could have further cut him - just whatever happened with the two clawed dog.

Curious.

What could cause such bleeding wounds from five different angles at once? And how did the dog get into the room when the door was clearly closed? The door is not light and a dog could not open it, could it? Yet there are no other signs of other assailants.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia nods at the assembled old women as they approach the girl to take care of her. No words need to be said. The Varisii look after their own. "Come Riddywhipple. Let us go upstairs and see what has made the man "slip and fall"."

Stepping into the bedroom besides Ferabras, the witch-woman looks about, pausing every so often.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The mess, and the violence suggested by it distracts her though. "Anyone have a better understanding as to what has happened here?"

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Down below

Zora makes her way to the old 'aunties', nodding respectfully to them. She reaches into her belt pouch and pulls forth five coins that gleam with the sheen of white metal, discreetly pressing them into a pair of aged hands. "For whatever expenses come. Life is often costly, and you do a good deed."

(Will give 50 GP to the girl's guardians)

***

Upstairs, Zora looks around the room with a frown, her white-blank eyes scanning for things seen only to her. A detect magic while I'm at it up here, and also, I am an idiot, because I forgot that I have speak with dead prepped as a domain spell.

"I wish to speak with Diogorgio," she says to the other agents, making sure that Avigail is not in hearing range for this statement. "Let me go see if the guards will permit it."

Zora casts a cantrip to oil her tongue further, and then returns to street level. She hurries to see if Cora Crandon is still present. If so, she approaches the sergeant, this time speaking quietly rather than loudly.

"I apologize for the open questioning of you a few minutes prior. I grasp now you were simply trying to keep the crowd under control, but in the moment, it smacked of less noble intentions. Sergeant, may I have a moment alone with the body, away from prying eyes? We know something of who killed this man, and I may be able to learn more. As a guard, your job is to keep order... but also to see that justice is done. Please, grant me this kindness."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 2 = 37

(If Crandon will let me see the body alone, I'll cast speak with dead on him. Happy to RP out my questions, but will wait to see if it's even feasible first.)

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret follows along

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail pieces everything together, walking his companions through the fight A la Princess Bride style then shakes his head as he reaches the finale. "Its sad.. he tried to defend himself before fleeing, and still didn't have a chance. We need to finish this nightmare.. literally." He looks up as Zora suggests speaking with the body. "It can't hurt, I guess. But we need to figure out what we are going to do with this book too.."

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,959 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.