GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


9,851 to 9,900 of 10,988 << first < prev | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | next > last >>

|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|
Aldebert wrote:
"Well yes. I’d rather hoped, when we’re ready, that I could use it to depart this plane for our home. Can you do that? Send us back? If so… how many of us could you send?”
Mahdi wrote:
"And for that matter, can you return us to our home without using such magic as a wish? A wish is a great opportunity, Aldebert; many of the planar lords have the ability to send others between the planes without needing to use magic so grand as that. You might wish to save your wish. Ha."

Shazathared waits patiently as Mahdi interrupts her audience with her chosen mortal. "Of course, wise Mahdi. I wouldn't ask Aldebert to use his Wish in such a manner, when I would gladly see seven of you and myself back to your Material Plane." She turns back to the holy halfling.

"I've waited this long, what is another week or two? Noble Aldebert, please use your time to think on your Wish. Do not fret that you must use it for transportation."

Mahdi wrote:
"<Draconic>"

Zrank nods fiercely, answering in quick snaps and hisses.

Draconic:

"We've been gathered up, piece by piece, on the slave markets in the City. We come from where you come from. Yes, yes, yes, we will serve you, great one! Do not leave us behind!"

Mahdi wrote:
"<Ignan>"

The leader of the azer mamluks listens carefully to the fire mage, before answering.

Ignan:

"You did not kill Sammadar, but you did kill Grovth. We're likely to be caught if we leave this palace, and sold into service, against our wills. I speak for the others- we will travel to the Material Plane, if you will take us. We would follow you, until such a time when our ways would take us different directions. Does that sound fair to you?"

Mahdi wrote:
"We have learned... well, we have learned that Jhavhul was once of this plane, and angered the Grand Vizier. This place was once his home and residence. The Vizier advises us to gather an army, for he assures us that Jhavhul has done the same. I suggest we rest here, visit the City of Brass as wealthy visitors do, and arm ourselves; we do not know what state the world we left may be in when we return, after all. Iavesk... Shazathared ... what are your plans now?"

Rayhan nods in understanding. "You have succeeded in ways that I think we do not fully understand, at present. Why don't you take your rest, and take time to venture into the City of Brass for your needs. When the time comes, I think it will do us all good to sit down, and hear what Shazathared can tell us of what role we may be fulfilling in this great struggle against Jhavhul." He smiles sadly at the noble marid, who takes her cue to speak in answer of the fire mage.

"I can only speak for myself, but I would see you safely returned to your own Plane, before I return to my own. I can't imagine what has come to pass in my absence."

Iavesk is quick to speak in turn. "I serve merciful Pent, for no less than one year. I will go where he goes, if he'll accept my service."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent perks up from his prone position. "Oh, I accept, master Iavesk, I accept! You'll be a most welcome ally for our return home. Imagine all the homes you'll be able to fit with brass doorknobs!!"

The gnome looks over Aldebert and Shazathared, who has way too easy a vantage, for her height. "Hey, Iavesk. Would you be able to assist us in our return to the Material, too?"


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Iavesk brightens. "Oh, absolutely, my liege! I can do as well as the beautiful marid- seven and myself."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

”Thank you Shazathared. A wish huh? Never had one of those, I’ll have to give it some thought…” He trails off thinking for a bit. Nothing immediately surfaces, so he continues.

”In the meantime, let’s head into town now, and see what there is to see. I have armor and weapon to improve, and that may take some time. I’d just as soon get them started as quickly as possible - if I can’t swap them out with ‘off the shelf’ items.”

”As for the journey, looks like we can take 14 of us. Gretiem doesn’t need a spot as I can summon him when we get home. So me, Amiamble, Yeen, Pent, Mahdi, Otah, and Rayhan makes 7. We can take 7 more. Near as I can figure there are 15 Kobolds and 10 Azer to transport.” He stops and scratches his head, ”Frankly, I’m not sure how to swing that.” he turns to Mahdi. ”Maybe some combination of Reduce Person, a Portable Hole and maybe a Bottle of Air for the short time of the journey.”

”It’s expensive, but I’d be willing to chip in on the Portable Hole at least. It’s a good thing, saving these creatures, and we can use the storage space in the future, though these bags of holding do a pretty decent job of it as well - they do have their limits.”

Do we want to do the portable hole as a party purchase? Or is there some other plan I’ve missed? Also, how are we doing on healing wands? Any other group purchases we should consider?


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

We could probably just purchase a spell casting of plane shift, as lots of efreets/etc will have it available to them as a spell like ability. Or, as it's a 5th level cleric spell, Pent can just prep it. Or, Mahdi can buy a scroll of it to learn it, now that I finally have 7th level spells, and cast it. All options much cheaper than portable hole. The major problem is that we may not all appear together, and come in via 4 different groups that could all be 500 miles apart, but that's a problem even if we just have Iavesk and the marid casting it twice, too. (I assume Mahdi's knowledge Planes and Spellcraft are high enough to basically know these facts about plane shift, if thats's okay.)

Mahdi smiles at the kobolds. "Yes, I will allow you to continue to serve. I am sure I can find uses for your skills, loyal dragon-men!"

To the Azer, switching languages again: "Well enough! You are brave and strong warriors; I am pleased that we will continue to have you by our side. We will discuss your pay, noble azer."

At Aldebert's query regarding the hole, Mahdi shakes his head. "It should be simpler than that, Aldebert. Half of the entities on this plane can shift between planes at will, and I'm sure we could pay them to transport us far more cheaply than that. For that matter, I might be able to cast such a spell myself, if I can learn it from someone. Pent's goddess might grant him such dispensation as well..." Mahdi says, though his last is slightly uncertain. Mahdi understands studying to learn spells; prayer is fuzzier to him.

"We have a few priorities: selling much of what we have already, the things we cannot use or do not want. Cataloging the accumulated wealth, and dividing it amongst us. Purchasing what we need... and also, learning all we can of Jhavhul. This plane was once his home, and we are in the grandest city of this plane. Surely some must remember him. Perhaps there is a library documenting his crimes... and abilities. I will have to find out."

Mahdi cracks his knuckles, looking excited at the prospect of exploring the City of Brass as a visitor rather than a prisoner.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Shazathared listens as the little ones begin planning their next course of action. Her head tilts slightly at the conversational bits regarding planar travel, and the tilt lilts into a knowing nod, as it becomes clearer what you seek to do with the large contingent of misfit employees.

She turns to speak with Aldebert and Mahdi. "If you are taking time to prepare, by visiting the City, then you will afford me time to make my own preparations. Let me show you the depth of my gratitude. I will depart, but I will return in three days, to this very spot. I know it very well. Meet me here. You focus your full resources on preparations. I will seek the strength of my people, so we may lend it to you in seeking justice against Jhavhul. I hope to facilitate your return to your home, understand?"

The noble marid makes sure you understand, waiting patiently for any questions, then she departs immediately.

The leaders of the Skulk and the Muck seem pleased, and return to speak to their respective clans.

The City of Brass awaits you. How do you proceed?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami thinks about buying things, not so much buying things ‘himself’, but how happy it would make Aldebert to help him buy things. Aldebert had a knack for such things, as he was such a good brother.

”Brother, I will need you to help me shop. I do not know what to buy...and Yeen would like a nice fat goat. Can you help me?” Ami seems nervous about going into town...he has never liked such places and would prefer to swim in the Sea of Fire than go to town.

”I will help carry things if you want. And we have much to sell.”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Ahh, true Mahdi, I hadn't thought of such concerns." Aldebert worries a bit until Shazathared offers to solve the problem for them. "Three days. We'll try to be ready, but that will significantly change what we do. Improving what we have could take a couple weeks, but maybe I can swap out what I have for better without losing too much in the exchange."

I want to improve my great sword and armor which will take 16 days and 15 days respectively. If I sell back what I already bought, it's going to really set me back... Let's see what we can find.

"I'll help Ami, don't you fret. We'll get your goat, and anything else you might find you need, just leave it to me, but think about what you might want."

Aldebert cleans himself up as best he can, trying to remove the worst of the gore of the last days fighting. When he's presentable, he leads the group outside and into the streets. Unsure where to proceed, he tries to head downhill in the hopes there's some sort of harbor - if only on a lake of fire. Harbors mean trade, and he can follow the wagons from there to a central bazaar.

First order of business is to sell what they have. He looks for someone who can deal with the sorts of things they have to sell.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 If needed... Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Profession Merchant: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

I'm about ready to to a divvy. I'd like to give a bit extra to Amiamble as he's getting a bit behind the rest of us in terms of wealth if that's OK with people. I'm not worried about being perfectly even, but he's ~17,000gp behind the next richest player. If anyone is opposed, let me know, otherwise I'll assume it's cool to make these sorts of adjustments from time to time to keep things more or less fair.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

No objections to wealth adjusting!

"Let me go with you," Mahdi sighs to Aldebert. "You might get lucky and find a merchant who speaks a human tongue, but the odds are, you may need a translator.... which reminds me-- Otah! Crash course in Halfling!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The City of Brass is known by many names: the efreet call it Fommok Madinah, the “Devouring City,” while the djinn and marid call it the “Black Pit,” and the fiends of Hell call it Almakhzan, “the Shining City.” By any name, the City of Brass is the home and capital city of the efreet, the rulers of the Elemental Plane of Fire as far as their swords and magic allow. It exists as an enormous, shallow basin constructed entirely of glittering brass and suspended in an endless sea of flame. Souls that have been bartered away or captured by the genies infuse the city’s living brass wall, which protects its inhabitants from the plane’s severe fire and heat—at least enough so that mortals merely swelter uncomfortably instead of burst into flames.

Sprawling to expanses beyond any mortal city, hundreds upon hundreds of neighborhoods, urban fiefdoms, and the holdings of fiery nobles divide the City of Brass. The greatest of these, however, are the Great Bazaar and the eight quarters. Among these vast districts, the city boasts some of the grandest architecture in the multiverse, with soaring palaces and grandiose citadels assembled from gold, iron, copper, brass, ivory, marble, and polished sandstone. Many of the city’s occupants perch magnificent jewels atop their structures as a testimony to their wealth and might, causing the cityscape to glitter like a vast treasure trove amid the harsh brilliance of the Elemental Plane of Fire. While the City of Brass changes rulers frequently and entire sections of it are consumed in flames, swept away, and rebuilt with every change of dynasty, its districts remain roughly the same no matter who governs.

Beyond its many districts, the City of Brass is divided into two major regions: the Inner Ward and Outer Ward. The Inner Ward is separated into a series of concentric circles by wide canals filled with swift-flowing lava and molten metals. Each circle is a unique district, including the Great Bazaar, the Temple Quarter, and the Noble Quarter. The Outer Ward is partitioned into five sections by thick, imposing obsidian walls and is comprised of the Burning Quarter, the Mages’ Quarter, the Commoners’ Quarter, the Slaves’ Quarter, and the Galley Quarter.

Mahdi informs you that non-efreet are second-class citizens in the City of Brass, with non-fire creatures ranking even lower. Without a special dispensation, planar travelers and other visitors are limited to the Galley Quarter and Grand Bazaar, for though their kind are looked down upon, the riches they bring are highly coveted. Any who are caught beyond these limits without the proper dispensation or the mark of an efreet noble are stripped bare and sold into slavery.

Fortunately for you, Bayt al-Bazan borders on the Grand Bazaar, so exiting the palace will not pose an immediate risk of abduction. The language of commerce is heldly strictly in Ignan or Infernal.

When you've set out, and set eyes upon your destination, Mahdi gives you even more intelligence about your foray into the City of Brass.

One of the largest and wealthiest trade districts in all the planes, the Great Bazaar—also called the Suq al-Azzmir Marketplace by efreet specializes in treasures of rich metal, woven magical goods, exotic spices and incenses from throughout the spheres, and elemental magic, though nearly any item one might imagine could be found here. It is also a thriving slave market and a place where anyone can hire a wizard, mercenary company, or even small armies of elemental servitors.

The Great Bazaar is the heart of the City of Brass, the single location that drives the trade, wealth, and splendor of the fabulous city. The Great Bazaar is also the one place where non-efreet gather in great numbers, from creatures of elemental fire selling wonders of sculpted metal and living brass, to azers and salamanders hawking fiery eagles and enormous black elephants for the hunts of efreet nobles, to visiting devils providing guidance to genies in the art of pact-making and contracts with mortals. These crafty merchants offer everything from minor artifacts to rusty slave shackles, for prices ranging from the souls of legendary heroes to mundane coins and gems. Of it all, barter in magic is the preferred form of payment, though debts of servitude are also quite common. Gold, with its relatively low melting point, is rarely a favored medium of exchange.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent takes a moment to transform his Sleeves, taking heed of the need to seem important. He takes comfort on his Carpet, and keeps close to Mahdi, who seems to be a wealth of information regarding Brass etiquette. He's not interested in getting snagged by a slaver, so keeps a constantly-renewing viewpoint of the path back to the Bayt, in case of emergency.

For all his platinum and gems, he'd like to see it transformed into something less ostentatious, something more portable, something more wieldy.

"Odie, you trying to learn languages now? I hear that folks learn far more quickly with total submersion. Now, our fire mage might have insisted on something like Ignan or Infernal, but I suppose you'll get far more out of Halfling, should we be able to return to our motherland. The trouble will be all that conversation you'll not be able to unhear, once you learn it."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami keeps very very close to his brother as they wander the city, often bumping into Get’him when his brother had stopped and Ami’s attention elsewhere. He definitely tries to avoid looking at anyone or anything in the eyes, uncertain about his own status in the City.

”Brother, can we hurry? This is not a good place. There are too many ‘people’,” Ami says, trying to stay calm.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle
Mahdi wrote:
"Let me go with you," Mahdi sighs to Aldebert. "You might get lucky and find a merchant who speaks a human tongue, but the odds are, you may need a translator.... which reminds me-- Otah! Crash course in Halfling!"

"Appears we have some downtime. Whenever you have moments away from your own studies to tutor, it'll help me learn faster."

Pent wrote:
"Odie, you trying to learn languages now? I hear that folks learn far more quickly with total submersion. Now, our fire mage might have insisted on something like Ignan or Infernal, but I suppose you'll get far more out of Halfling, should we be able to return to our motherland. The trouble will be all that conversation you'll not be able to unhear, once you learn it."

Ignan: ਮੈਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਹੀ ਅਗਿਆਤ ਜੀਭ, ਛੋਟੇ ਮਿੱਤਰ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹਾਂ.

Translation:
"I already know the ignan tongue, short friend. I have been asked by our friend wizard to learn the tongue of the halflings."

Fine with wealth allocation for Ami.
45k to spend! What on?

"Aldebert, perhaps you can find someone who can increase the enhancement upon my armor and gauntlets of strength?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent perks up as the dwarf speaks in Mahdi-tongue. "Look at you, chirping in chips of fire! You keep that up, and we'll have some heated fireside chats down the road, back in Kelmarane!" The gnome beams at his friend, for his wordsmithing, and desire to delve deeper into the dim language of halfs.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is impressed with all the foreign languages being bandied about. ”That’s pretty cool Otah. Me, I’ve no head for languages. Can’t seem to manage ‘em without a lot of effort.”

When Aldebert enters the Grand Bazaar… well it quite simply takes his breath away. He fancies himself a bit of a merchant, but in truth he only dabbles. This… This is wonderful!

A small part of him still recoils at what he sees. The evil that pervades this place does, at times, make his skin crawl. But all that is largely forgotten for a moment as he just takes it all in. ”I think we’ll be able to get what we need here,” he says dreamily.

Amiamble Piddlespot wrote:
”Brother, can we hurry? This is not a good place. There are too many ‘people’,” Ami says, trying to stay calm.
Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"Aldebert, perhaps you can find someone who can increase the enhancement upon my armor and gauntlets of strength?"

”Yes, yes, of course brother. This place is fraught with danger for the likes of us so we must tread carefully. Otah, we must rely on Mahdi’s wisdom as I cannot speak the language, and would likely only inhibit our attempts at a good deal. He has a way with these creatures of fire. Mahdi, please speak for us. Let’s sell what we have to sell first, then make our purchases.”

"And let's not forget the deed to the Bayt al-Bazan citadel and holdings within the City of Brass. We should sell that while we're here."

Assuming no hardship...

Party Divvy!
Each member of the party gets 19,839gp. Amiamble gets an additional 7,500gp to bring him closer to the group. Note this is in addition to the 45,000gp each we received from the Grand Vizier.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Your protections against the oppressive heat are well in order, as you navigate the Grand Bazaar. The protections against Fire, specifically, provided by both Mahdi and Pent, proves equally important. The general atmosphere of the City of Brass is one thing. The close quarters to any number of the passing elemental creatures keeps you on full guard, as the presumption of right-of-way is always in their favor.

You are directed to a building with a small central courtyard, and four floors. This brass structure maintains sparse appointments in the room you find yourselves in, on the second floor. The room allows you a view over the courtyard, and an external view from the building, overlooking one of the many busy streets of the Grand Bazaar.

Vakhic, an azer mamluk, and T'zz, a fire mephit, are assigned to you as runners. The creatures do not conceal their disdain for speaking the Common tongue, but will engage with the lesser among you to do so, preferring to speak directly with those who speak Ignan. In this fashion, the Grand Bazaar comes to you. While you wait for their return, you are provided a charchuterie tray of various meats, scattered with dates.

The items you seek to sell off are easily liquidated, save for one- the Deed to Bayt al-Bazan. The runners don't immediately understand what you want them to do. They wait for you to clarify.

Amiamble:

We are... returning... We will face... him. You are... too weak. This I can do... for you.

Vardishal's voice is different somehow. Grimmer in his measured tone. As if he's only now realizing more of himself. His voice is tired, almost resigned.

You will wield It against him. You will.

Tempest is now a +2 Fire Outsider Bane Icy Burst Weapon.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi is... having the time of his life, really. The City! OF! BRASS! He always knew that someday he would be in a place of such power, surrounded by beings of pure flame...

Of course, after the first few interactions where the efreeti and the other creatures of pure flame treat Mahdi as a sort of amusing clever pet due to his being human, some of Mahdi's pleasure turns to a cold, seethingly injured pride.

Still. There are things to buy, and learn. New runes of power stitched into his silken headband, a purchase of two iron and ivory wands etched with precious metals, a whole passel of scrolls, having a cloak of power strengthened with better magics... the runners are kept very busy by Mahdi's flood of requests.

When the runners wait for clarification, Mahdi thinks, and taps his chin. "I have an idea. What if we were to auction the Bayt? A whole palace, with a storied history, its curse lifted.... we might even be able to learn more of Jhavhul by doing so."

(Somewhere in the midst of all this, he even finds time to help grill Otah on the halfling tongue.)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

”Mahdi, I’m fine with an auction, but let’s discuss how long we’re going to be here. Shazathared will return in three days, but I have things that will take longer. More like eight or nine days really. I think we can get her to wait if we’re nice about it, and I think we should. My blade is woefully underpowered, and I’m getting hit more and more with the foes we’ve been facing. Those need to be upgraded or purchased outright at a heavy loss, before I’m to leave to face Jhavhul.”

”And, as you say, we should auction off the property. Good idea. That will take time to setup and manage, and we’ll need a barker at the very least - likely on some sort of commission. Let’s plan on being here nine days shall we - or does anyone need more time? It’s relatively short really, and as long as I think we can manage without being overlong. Let’s see if we can find someone willing to sell the house for us on commission. A local expert will get us far more, if they can be trusted, than we could get on our own I bet.”

If everyone agrees to the delay - Aldebert purchases::

Silk Rope w/ grapple, 50’ (11gp)(9#)
Potion of Fly (5)(750gp)
Scroll of Water Breathing (5)(375gp)
Scroll of Blessings of the Mole (7)(525gp)
Scroll of Sky Steed (7)(525gp)
Enlarge Metamagic Rod, lesser (3kgp)
Composite Long Bow (MW, 16 strength) (700gp)
Exotic, Military, Masterwork, Strapped Saddle for Gretiem 400gp
Boots of Striding and Springing (5,500gp)
Belt of Physical Might +2 (Str/Con)(10kgp)
Circlet of Persuasion (4,500gp)
Pearl of Power, Second Level (4kgp)
Handy Haversack (2,250gp (I already have some of these items))
- Acid Flask x2
- Alchemist’s Fire x3
- Antiplague x2
- Antitoxin x2
- Bedroll & blanket
- Candle x5
- Chalk x5
- Crowbar
- Earplugs
- Flint & steel
- Holy Water x2
- Rations x10
- Smelling Salts
- Spell Component Pouch
- Steel flagon and bowl
- Sunrod x5
- Tindertwigs x5
- Thunderstones x4
- Tanglefoot bag x2
- Waterskin (3 gal water) x3

Then he wants to take his +1 greatsword and make it a +3 greatsword (16kgp)
Finally, he wants to improve his mithral plate armor to +2, and add Glamered and Radiant to it (14,200gp)

Total spent: 61,736gp
- - -


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Wow, +1 to staff upgrade. Neat. Maybe Ami will begin to use it in combat more. Thanks.

"You want to stay here *longer*, Brother?" Ami's face looks queasy and uncertain. He wanted to go run in the sun...and this place was hot, but not a desert and he didn't think it was good for hunting rabbits.

Ami looks at his brother, feeling a tightness in his chest.

"Brother, this is not a good place. There...is no joy here. Only sad people in flames. We should go."

Ami looks sad, trying to find a reason to stay when there are so many reasons to go.

Obviously, Ami will go with what the party wants, but will eventually concede to the party's wishes. 9 days is fine, time to upgrade some stuff.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent finds himself in direct line-of-sight with the flying fire mephit, so engages T'zz directly, leaving those down below to deal with the dwarf.

The gnome finds it particularly challenging, as the little winged thing seems so quick to pick at his words, seeking source of ire. So the gnome talks slowly, but not too slowly, picking moderately-sized words, not too small as to condescend, not too long as to obfuscate his desired purchases. There is tipping involved, as well.

Requested Items:

Cloak of Resistance +5
Scarab of Protection
10K Diamond
5K Diamond


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

T'zz does indeed find sources of ire, though it's never quite enough to set him off, only gives him moments of mockery which burn off quickly. He's a busy mephit, and doesn't exclusively run for the Knights Protector of Kelmarane.

Vakhic stands by Mahdi's and Otah's side, taking instruction for what work needs be done to either acquire or upgrade, nodding stoically, all conversation held in Ignan.

The azer mamluk takes all necessary payment, and brings those items he can within a handful of hours. The crafting work to be done will be dispensed in this same room, upon completion. TBA, depending on the lengthiest upgrade demanded.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Just a little while Ami. We don't know what we're headed back into, and I want to at least try to be prepared. Just keep your mask up, and we'll be fine." he suggests.

"OH! And before I forget, see here in the ledger? This is the 2,000gp I borrowed from you when we were last in civilization, what seems like forever ago." he hands his brother a pouch of wealth, "Here's the loan back, and I thank you. Buy an extra goat for Yeen to play with!"

As his items come to him, he carefully packs and repacks everything. He too is eager to be gone from this evil place, Though it is pretty he admits looking over his shoulder at the many impressive spires.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Two hours after your initial consultations, an associate of Vakhic can be heard entering the courtyard below, the squeal of farm animal echoing loudly off the brass walls of the building.

Moments later, your room is occupied by 10 corralled suckling pigs.

Looks like most folk are well-versed on their purchases. I'll assume that any return to the Bazaar is done as a group. Also, let me know what steps you attempt to take regarding the Deed to the Bayt.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"If we're going to take some time, then..." the dwarf removes his gauntlets and hands them Vakhic, "Can you check to see if someone can make those better?"

"While you're out there... can you search for..." the dwarf proceeds to give a list to his assigned runner.

Shopping:

$08,583.00: Starting
$45,000.00: Group
$19,839.00: Divy
--------------------
$73,422

Purchases
$44,000: Ring of Energy Resistance, Greater (Fire)
$12,000: Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2 -> +4
$01,000: Meridian Belt
$16,000: Winged Boots
--------------------
$73,000

Remaining
$422

Otah grins as a bunch of pigs appear. "Bacon?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

@Rat,Vardishal:
Vardishal wrote:
"You will wield It against him. You will."

Ami pats Yeen as Vardishal speaks to him. He holds up the now icy halfling slingstaff, the instrument of Vardishal's ire.

He nods, serious in his duty. He leans down to whisper to Vardishal. "Yeen, tell Vardishal that I will do the best I can and this is a kingly weapon to aid me in my task! With this, and OOO-tah and mah-DEE and my brother, we cannot fail! Also, the gnome has been acting less crazy, that can only be a boon to us."

Ami scritches Yeen more, hoping that Vardishal likes it as much as Yeen does.

"I shall practice with this! And get better stones to cast! Yes!" Ami twirls his staff, noting that he needs to improve with it.

Ami tries to contain his dread at having to stay in this horrible city for longer, but will do his best. After shopping and rewarding Yeen with as many suckling pigs/goats/rabbits as the cat wants, Ami will spend time practicing with his halfling slingstaff. He seems committed to do use it more.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert talks to their 'handlers' about the deed. "Where would you seek to sell something like this? We were considering an auction, in maybe a weeks time to give time to generate the proper excitement. But perhaps things are handled differently here. What would you suggest?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Vakhic reads over the Deed to Bayt al-Bazan, before answering Mahdi directly. "You'll want to discuss this with an official of the City, good sir. I will make the arrangements for a visit here."

The azer pardons himself, leaving the Deed in the halfling's small hands.

Within two hours, Vakhic returns, this time accompanied by a female efreeti, dressed in rich clothing, bearing a medallion which indicates her status as part of the Grand Vizier's court.

"My name is Beema. I understand that you have a contract you wish to negotiate? Vakhic was not quite able to inform me properly."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Ah, Beema, thank you very much for speaking my language. I apologize for not knowing yours." he smiles.

He shows her the deed, "We have this deed, and wish to sell it. What are the procedures for such a thing here? We're not sure of the local laws and customs. Obviously, we'd also like the best deal we can get, and aren't sure what the best way to go about that might be - so any assistance you could render would be heartily appreciated."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Beema reads over the Deed to Bayt al-Bazan, occasionally looking up, and over each of you. When she finishes reading it, she hands it back to Aldebert. She continues speaking to you all in Common, with nary an upturned corner of her full lips.

"The name on the Deed is our efreeti prince, Jhavhul. That would indicate to me that the rightful owner is... not you. Unless you speak for him in some official capacity?"

Beema looks curiously over each of you.

Sense Motive DC 20:

She hasn't completely dismissed you here. There is something of interest in her tone of voice, and in her facial expression.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Sense Motive v DC 20: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Pent listens from his perch upon his Carpet, lazily lying on his belly, and watching the conversation from a superior position.

He slips into Halfling Tongue, on the offchance Beema is unable to discern the Material speak.

"She's interested still. And she's a City Official. Take that for what it's worth."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

He listens to Pent, thinks a moment, and responds carefully.

"Ahhh, my apologies. Where we are from, possession of a thing, taken by force, is often sufficient. I see that is not the case here."

"We are not his agents. In fact, we are the sworn enemies of Jhavhul. He is in our home as we speak, likely ransacking it as we have just ransacked his. We obtained this document in that good, ah, work." Don't say good you idiot! She doesn't care!

"So you are saying that this deed has no value, except to Jhavhul? What if it were to be destroyed - would he lose possession of his building? What then? Would it revert to the Grand Vizier? Because that would be fine. We just spoke with him not a day ago."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi purses his lips, his bright idea momentarily stalled by reality. After a second's thought, he spreads his hands, and address Beema in Ignan.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"My apologies, Beema. Law and customs vary from place to place; we have a legal maxim in our plane that is best translated as 'possession is nine-tenths of the law.' Jhavhul is not even present on this plane; he has abandoned his possessions here in any meaningful way. Furthermore as I understand it he has committed crimes against the Grand Vizier and harbored the Vizier's enemies. But we are woefully ignorant of the exact laws here, of course. Is it possible that by the laws of your people there might be some dispute over the true ownership of the Bayt?" Mahdi asks with a sort of sidelong glance at Beema.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Beema looks up at the floating gnome, her gaze giving nothing away, whether she understands Halfling Tongue. As Aldebert speaks again, she returns her full attention on the grounded one.

"The Deed is a tangible representation of one's ownership, should the question arise, and is recorded in the City's archives, as well. If Jhavhul were foolish enough to lose this one, one could be crafted again, as long as the original was found in the archives." Beema pauses politely, before continuing.

"Did you bring the matter up with the Grand Vizier, when you met him not a day ago?" The efreeti smiles, and wonders.

When Mahdi speaks, Beema addresses him, in turn.

"If you are intent on claiming this property, you would need someone to help you to... renew the accuracy of the Deed."

Sense Motive DC 20:

This City Official has begun negotiations for a bribe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Sense Motive v DC 20: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Again, Pent pipes up in pipsqueak speak.

"She's looking for some grease for her wheels. She's looking for some butter for her bread. She's looking for some bourbon for her turban."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Sense Motive again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 The odds were against me passing that twice.

Mahdi looks put out... until Pent speaks up, at which point his expression clears and he brightens. "Ahhhh, yes, I can imagine that the time and expertise of someone so versed in such complicated matters is highly valuable, to be sure..."

Is there any way Mahdi could use Appraise to get an idea of the value of a sufficient bribe? He wouldn't want to offer something so small as to be insulting

Appraise, if possible: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Mahdi:

The City of Brass... epic levels of wealth, sparkling parapets as far as the eye can see... and before you stands a woman efreeti of no little intelligence regarding property values...

You surmise that a sum of 20,000gp might be in order, at the minimum, for an official to fudge a Deed, and establish a non-efreet gaggle such as yourselves as property owners of one of the most magnificent cities in existence, regardless of plane.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Aw. Mahdi called me 'highly valuable'. You're gettin' soft, you big ol' ember."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"A moment, please, respected and intelligent Beema."

Mahdi clears his throat and finger-crooks the others closer to speak with them in a whisper. "Right, so. She could help an altering of the deed, but it won't come cheaply. I should wager anything less than something about twenty thousand gold would be seen as an insult to the lady. The property itself has to be worth far more, of course, but... It might also behoove us to seek audience with the Vizier-- perhaps turning over the Deed to him could result in something less than the actual value of the place, but also contain less risk. Thoughts?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami listens to Mahdi and Aldebert speak to Beema, but he has little to add. Negotiations and verbiage and ownership of houses and such do not concern him much. That was Aldebert's domain, literally, as a service of his god.

Ami scritches Yeen behind the ears, hopeful that all these boring sales and transactions would end soon so they could go home. He doesn't need to pretend to be disinterested when Mahdi speaks in whispers...he is completely sincere in his disinterest.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"I have no idea what the property is worth, but if you think a 20,000gp investment is worth it, OK. Thing is, I bet we don't have that now. I can pay my share of it, but can everyone pay theirs? Offer her a percentage, but be vague on the details until we can get a sense of what the mansion is worth."

"Also, I'm not sure we can get in to see the Grand Vizier again, so let's not count on that."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent shakes his head from his place on high. ”I’ve no interest in real estate matters on a plane so inhospitable, you can’t even spit without the proper magics. I also have no faith in the denizens of this City to properly negotiate a legitimate sale of property, when we’re being encouraged to forge the brass documents in the first place. You want your Bayt so badly, you’re willing to go back to Kelmarane less purchased-prepared, have at it. I’m good with my purchases, and with that, I’m fully tapped.”

The gnome looks back and forth from halfling and mage, and efreeti, and wonders how the negotiations will resolve.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf listens in on the conversational exchange and chimes in.

"Perhaps, instead of a payment up front and losing some wealth that could be used for preparing against Jhavul now, you could convince the honorable Beema to make arrangements for the deed and sell the Bayt on our behalf for a considerable percentage of the proceeds."

"She would come out on top at the end, we wouldn't need to spend gold up front, we'd get payment before we leave. Given what I'm hearing of the Bayt's location, I don't think finding a buyer would be difficult, and I suspect the Lady Beema receiving a percentage would not accept an unfair sum."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent snorts. "Given what we know of the Bayt's curse, I'm sure it'll be no time that a buyer will come along and snatch up the Haunted Palace, with no promise of exactly when Jhavhul will return to undermine said ownership." Pent snorts a second time, more loudly, as it's likely his first snort failed to convey the proper amount of doubt.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks around, still worried about being in his ugly city when he could be home. He waits to see what will come of the contract negotiations and trusts Mahdi and Aldebert to handle it.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert looks to Mahdi to converse with their bribee, and handle the final negotiations. As he waits, a thought occurs to him. He leans in close to Mahdi and suggests, quietly in halfling, "You know, Mahdi, we have no interest in this place, its denizens, etc. It is beautiful I admit, but, well, a bit too much for me."

"You however might flourish here, perhaps in retirement. Maybe you should buy the place from the party as a personal home. I mean, it's huge." he gestures to the crowd of creatures following them, "But you already have a menagerie forming to take care of it."


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Beema smiles with a slight shoulder shrug. "You are undecided. As you should be. There is just within your reach a grand property, a vantage on our metropolis, and you should approach ownership with profound reverence. I will not rush you. Simply contact Vakhic, and he will contact me." With her silken voice even and assuring, she takes her leave of your broker room.

By afternoon's end, Otah and Pent have secured the full of their purchases. Aldebert will need to relinquish both sword and set of armor, while Ami will need to relinquish headband and belt, for the work to begin in the infernal workshops of the Grand Bazaar.

For the comings and goings of the runners, it's less clear what Mahdi seeks, but based on his constant interest, it appears the fire mage is acquiring what he needs, within a similar interval of time established by the Brothers Piddlespot.

...

Returning to Bayt al-Bazan, the Knights Protector are greeted by posted kobolds and azer, who have taken steps to secure the basic posts of the entrance from the city.

Iavesk and Rayhan are found in each other's company, their conversation not quite the recitation one might receive from Shazathared the Storyteller. It entertains them, nonetheless, and they walk the large courtyards, taking in the unseen parts of the Bayt.

Shazathared should return to the Bayt in three days' time.

Let me know if you have any specific plans for the rest of the week, more so what you intend to do for the next two days.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi sighs through the various counter-points put forth, and can summon only a glumly polite nod when Beema excuses herself from the divided mortals. "It seems utterly foolish not to wring profit from this now that we can use to fight Jhavhul, but I suppose it may take more time and resources than we can spare. It seems like most of you care little what becomes of the Bayt. If that's truly the case, I will send the deed to the Vizier, as a token of good faith; the odds I'll be able to dwell here dwindle sharply as long as Jhavhul is at large..."

I still need to tweak my purchases a little but I will get that up shortly. Other things Mahdi would request of the runners:
*Any gossip about Jhavhul, willing to pay them to do some rumor-gathering on exactly who he is and what his history has been on the Plane of Fire;
*When we're a day out from departure, one of the runners to deliver the deed to the Grand Vizier's palace, with a missive written in Mahdi's nicest Ignan:
With the deepest respect for the justice of the Grand Vizier's decisions and the compliments of those who will be shortly leaving the realm he wisely oversees; this deed of ownership I return to the lawful rulers of this City, to hold or dispense with as they see fit. -Mahdi al-Jabira

Mahdi himself stands often where the views of the City of Brass are grandest, observing, soaking it all in, trying to sear the images into his brain for his somewhat reluctant soon return to cooler climes. At the Bayt, he thanks his azers and kobolds for their watchfulness, and then resumes his study and scribing of the many spells he's absorbing just by being in such a magical plane...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami tries to contain his dread at having to stay in this horrible city for longer, but will do his best. After shopping and rewarding Yeen with as many suckling pigs/goats/rabbits as the cat wants, Ami will spend time practicing with his halfling slingstaff.

”Brother? Is it time for us to go now?” Ami seems to ask Aldebert on a daily basis, having a hard time wanting to even wait for the supplies he requested. But he does wait. And wait.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

For your thoroughness in the next two days residing in Bayt al-Bazan, you find yourselves clearing out the parts of the palace previously unexplored.

Just off the Throne/Dome Room, where once lurked the damned dwarven ghost, you find the Harem's Quarters. Your eyes are treated to half-clad, beautiful men and women, who act surprised at your entry, before you quickly devolve into combat, as they change form, and attack you with their teeth and claws. You recognize them as great ghuls, much like the ones keeping the Imam company in the Banquet Hall.

The deaf fire giant smithy and his hellhounds are gone, the forge gone quiet for his preparations in stilling the fires.

The caged pyrolisks sit and occasionally stir in their cage on the Second Floor.

With further exploration, from one floor to the next, then back, you manage to find the Slaves' Quarters, as well as a massive chamber, dominated by a huge statue of an efreeti seated in the lotus position upon a dais. The statue holds a six-foot-high basin filled with roaring flames in its lap. This pyre gives the statue’s snarling visage an eerie red glow and causes the flickering light to glint malignly off the jewels mounted in its eye sockets. Tall brass braziers flank the statue.

It is here where you battle an eight-headed pyrohydra.

It takes you some effort, but you are rewarded for your extermination by a pair of magical Bracers.

Spellcraft DC 23:

A pair of Greater Bracers of Archery.

More delving, and you find yourselves in the Nobles' Tombs, on the same Floor where you found Shazathared, though in an isolated wing, waiting at the bottom of a set of stairs. This long hallway has a lancet-arched ceiling—the hall itself extends into darkness and gives off an air of abandonment and disuse. Even the brass walls seem dull and dead. Heavy doors spaced every twenty feet stand closed on either side.

Herein were interred the rulers of Bayt al-Bazan since the house first settled in the City of Brass an age ago. Each door is composed of living brass and sealed with molten copper. The exception is the northernmost door on the east wall, which is not sealed and opens easily. In the center of each door is a brass plaque written in Ignan that gives a name and honorific (such as Zuleimar the Magnificent and Abussad the Profound) as well as a set of dates procured from an obscure Elemental calendar that shows the reign of the interred individual. The last room is empty, and its plaque is blank; it was intended for Jhavhul.

This exploration takes the better part of the first day of the week's long wait.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

With his shopping done, and their return to their home imminent, Pent is quite perky, as he joins Rayhan and Iavesk in long, sweeping accounts of their time up until they met Rayhan, then up until the time they met Iavesk, getting the djinni up-to-speed regarding their very storied past. Pent goes into so much detail, it's very likely Rayhan or Iavesk could speak as knowledgeably about the gnome's stores of knowledge that they could as easily account a recollection as could the gnome. For their thread of the tapestry which is the Legacy of Fire, they could just as well share the same voice.

Then comes the inside jokes that only Rayhan, Iavesk, and Pent seem to understand, for their monumental non sequiturs. The ancient individuals almost make Pent look young by comparison to the fellow beards.

Pent perfects his maneuverability upon his Carpet, soaring through the large floors and courtyards, checking in on Mahdi for his perches, as well as the halfs and their hunts. It becomes a more relaxed endeavor, when it appears that the Bayt is well and truly abandoned, allowing the Skulk and Muck free reign.

Pent seeks out the fire mage, in the quieter moments of their time in the Bayt.

"Mahdi, this almost feels like a home away from home, ya know? For our days in the Bayt, I can totally see you wandering the halls with your guests from the Material, as you host long rambling polemics on the power of your element, and the superiority of the Plane, to those in the Sultan's Court who love hearing things like that, I imagine. If we ever leave, how will you ever return, once we see to that cruel Jhavhul? Are your magics strong enough, you'll be able to port here any time you choose?"

Pent also seeks out the dwarf, wherever Otah might be lurking.

"Last leg, eh? We're destined for a return to our plane, you got any strong desires to expire here in Brass? Or are you fixing for our fight in Katapesh? You've served our cause well, since I can remember. I see no reason to deny you an equal share of the House of Hope. You can have my quarters, as I'm like to move out and find myself and my harem another, more private residence." The gnome grins from ear to ear.

9,851 to 9,900 of 10,988 << first < prev | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.