GM Cwethan's Rose Street Revenge (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


351 to 394 of 394 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The deathly priest's hand glows once more with un-light and some of the chips and scratches along its bony frame reseal and strengthen.

Harm: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Then with a fierce shove, he attempts to force Greta into the pit!

Shove: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Bold may Go
Min
Skeletal Priest -4
Taldridi
Grinwald -20
Sippit
Greta -4 - Probably wants to grab an edge!
Flynt


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald takes a step action, then tries once again to hit the mark.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

to hit: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 5 = 12
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

but it looks like his only purpose will be as a flanker in this battle.

"Dang bag of bones."


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

The skeletal priest smashes his shield into Greta and the maneuver takes her by surprise, the halfling grabbing at the edge of the pit as she falls.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Going to NOW use Lucky Halfling to reroll that critical failure...

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

And tries to climb back up to regain her footing...

Athletics check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

*sigh* Well, Greta also has Cat Fall, which treats a fall as being 10 feet fewer in distance and she will land on her feet. If she has actions left to try and climb back up (unless she sees an easier way to get back up there from down here), she will do so - or at least try to do so with the next roll...

Athletics check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

"Bad skellyton! Shoving am only for special occasions!" Sippit concentrates and glows!Spending all three actions to cast heal and curing everyone of 4 points of damage and dealing 4 points of damage to Skeletor!


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Min steps forward to continue flanking with Grinwald, and unleashes another flurry of punches.

Unarmed, agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Unarmed (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Unarmed, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12
Unarmed (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Unarmed, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 - 4 = 15
Unarmed (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Between ducking and weaving and throwing her punches, Min conversationally mentions "Hey Grinwald, did you know that feeding livestock steamed bone meal can help them grow big and strong?"


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

"We're going to feed them to livestock? Bah. Some cultures use bones as weapons. Seems far more practical to me."


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

The elf steps up next to sippit and again extends his hands in claw-hook fashion, sounding out an arc of lightning.

Why won't this thing burn already!

5' guarded step
cast electric arc (DC 15)
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Greta's second climb check is enough to get out, go ahead and move appropriately

Min continues to batter away at the priest, first putting her fist through the skeleton's shield, then once it's out of the way, landing an unabated blow to its ribcage!

Sippit and Taldridi hurl energy scattering around the room, but where the fallen Milanite avoids the bolt of lightning, it is unable to do so against Sippit's life giving wave.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Bold may Go
Min
Skeletal Priest -15 shield broken
Taldridi
Grinwald -16
Sippit
Greta
Flynt


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta climbs out of the pit, grunting with the effort, then darts around to try and come at the skeletal priest from behind...

Climb out of pit, then move 25' (N, N, NE, SE) to avoid threatened squares and AoOs. If I can do that this round that'd be great, if not will move to that square on the map at the start of next round.

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Flyn sighs as his last arrow did nothing at all...but he fired again any way because...that is what he's best at...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Maybe aim for the shield? Can you do that?

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Thought the shield was already broken?


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Missed that. Thought it was still dented, not broken. Carry on. Ignore the man behind the curtain.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Flynt's last arrow did 1 damage... Not this one though.
Also, Greta there's now a wall in between you and the skeleton - feel free to reposition

Flynt's arrow catches in the ribcage of the creature, but elicits only a dry laugh.

"In the end all things come to Her to be devoured."

Harm: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

The same energy of unlife re-knits the skeleton's cracked bones and it attempts to heave Min into the pit!

Shove: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Angered by her strength he stretches out his bony talons to tear at her flesh! But the nimble monk avoids that strike as well.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bold may Go
Min
Skeletal Priest -6 shield broken
Taldridi
Grinwald -16
Sippit
Greta
Flynt


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Sippit whistles. "You am full of cliches! First it am joining, now it am devouring... Is you reading from list?" Sippit spends two actions to cast Tanglefoot! Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Spell DC 15! His last action is spent moving closer to the evil skelly-ton!


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald's rage expires and he feels the fatigue from his burst of energy, and takes only one shot on the priest.

  • to hit Dwarven Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
  • damage Dwarven Waraxe: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    -2 AC from the fatigue.


  • NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
    Abilities/Spells Used:
    0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
    Buffs/Conditions*:
    None

    Greta clambers out of the pit and swings her mace at the skeleton!

    Light Mace Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
    Light Mace Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    So the light mace as the 'shove' quality. Can you do damage and attempt a shove? Or is it a choice between dealing damage or doing a shove?


    Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

    "Or maybe soup stock. Be a pretty bad tasting soup. Urgathoa-flavor." Min continues ducking and weaving, then delivers and intense flurry of punches at the cornered skeleton.

    Unarmed, agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    Unarmed, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 13
    Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    With nowhere to go, Min figures the thing might become desperate. She readies a final punch to clock the skeleton if it tries to cast something. (This takes her remaining two actions after the flurry)

    Readied action:
    Unarmed, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 - 4 = 13
    Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    It's a choice. The Shove quality is nice because as you get magic weapons and the like you are able to shove people with their bonuses.

    Grinwald's axe and Greta's mace continue to batter at the shockingly resilient skeleton, but Min's furious punches are able to send the horror stumbling back.

    Bold may Go
    Min
    Skeletal Priest -26 shield broken
    Taldridi
    Grinwald -16
    Sippit
    Greta
    Flynt


    Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

    Hey folks, I know undead are cuddly but don't crowd it so much. I don't have a clear shot. The elf wizard deadpans. He rolls out to the side where he can see the undead priest and again holds up his lightning hands in lazy claw form.

    15' stride
    cast electric arc (DC 15)
    Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    Grand Lodge

    Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

    Flynt will again try another shot...

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    Before the dread priest can once more repair its injuries, Flynt and Taldridi strike. Neither blow is telling by itself, but together they drain just enough energy from the dead cleric's form, and all at once, it crumbles to dust.

    Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    A long moment passes before a quiet voice calls out from the pit on the other side of the room, "Is he finally dead?"


    Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

    Who's there? Who was that?

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


    NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
    Abilities/Spells Used:
    0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
    Buffs/Conditions*:
    None

    Greta gasps in amazed surprise when the quiet voice calls out. "Justerian!? Is that you? The skeleton is dead, it can't hurt you any more!"


    Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

    Min stomps on the dust and utters a word warding against evil in Tien, warning the skeleton not to try to rise again.

    "Can't be Justerian, we found him dead. But this might be one of the other freed slaves." She heads over to the pit and looks in.


    Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

    "He was dead before. But he is no moving now." Sippit calls back helpfully.


    N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

    "Wennel? Is that you?"


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    "No," a young elf sitting in an awkward position at the bottom of the hole replies, [b]"I'm Nelfurhin. That... thing was Wennel. He was my savior and friend before... before they killed him!"


    Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

    Savior? What did he save you from?

    Grand Lodge

    Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

    Flynt frowns. "They? Before who killed him?"


    Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

    "Your friend am skeelyton? Am you not noticing him am not full of goo and meat?!?" Sippit thinks maybe elves are too much ears and not enough eyes..


    NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
    Abilities/Spells Used:
    0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
    Buffs/Conditions*:
    None

    Oops! Misspoke there, thanks for the correction.

    "Hey, let's get you out of that pit! How long have you been hiding down there?" The halfling's tone holds concern, but she is also watching to see if the young elf they are speaking with has any sort of a visible tremor. And whether he is wearing any armor, for that matter...


    N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

    "Or perhaps one of the zombies? I thought it took a while to turn into a skeleton! No matter."

    Grinwald tosses down a knotted silk rope and attaches the grappling hook.


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    GM Screen:

    Nelfurhin's leg is badly broken, but eventually you are able to help her out of the pit.

    "He saved me from starvation. After I earned my freedom in the Fiendflesh Siege, he helped me and many others to find our bearings when we were suddenly freed, but still completely destitute. Even after he had helped me find my place with the Pathfinders, we remained friends. In the last couple months he had spoken of some hidden ring of slavers that sought to continue their dealings in the shadows, and swore he would expose them, even if their members threatened to silence him.

    And I fear they did.

    He came to my house a few days ago, already dead, raving that I, and a list of other freed slaves that he housed here had betrayed him, but I swear I did not!"


    N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

    "Yea, well, there seems to be all kinds of religious stuff going on here. Know anything about that?"

    Grand Lodge

    Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

    "Do you know where these slavers preside?"


    Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

    Min takes a few moments to split Nelfurhin's broken leg with her healer's kit and some spare timber from the decrepit house, then offers her a shoulder to help support her.

    Medicine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    "An underground ring of slavers? No matter how well they hide, their time here in Absalom is numbered. If you're willing Nelfurhin, I'll bring you back to the Society lodge, where you can get treated properly for your leg and maybe answer some questions. Valsin will want to hear from you, I'm sure."

    When Grinwald comments about religious "stuff", she adds "The evil marks of Urgathoa surrounded the site of Justerian's murder, I'd expect that goddess has something to do with Wennel's turning as well."


    Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

    Yes, and worshippers of Urgathoa probably want bodies for reasons other than labor...

    The elf dares not spell it out for the already injured and troubled ex-slave.


    NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
    Abilities/Spells Used:
    0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
    Buffs/Conditions*:
    None

    Greta considers the words of the elf and frowns. "So this... ring of slavers. They are somehow using the undead to kill the ex-slaves on this list? Tell us Nelfurhin, are you familiar with someone that typically wears armor and has a noticeable tremor in their arm?"


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19
    GM Cwethan wrote:

    One with scarcely any flesh clinging to bone stands in the back, armed and armored with a skull-decorated fly scrawled across its shield.

    Even from here you can see a large crack in the side of its skull, and a corresponding weakness in its grip on the morningstar clutched in its bony fist.

    It's possible you already met the armored figure with a shaky grip :)

    "I... I think that some madness must have taken Wennel, either before his death or upon it. Why else would he have hunted down the same people he had helped save?"

    Religion DC 12:
    Those who perish from treachery, with unfinished business, or after great suffering can sometimes rise as undead spontaneously—a process that twists even that person’s best intentions into hate.

    "In any case, I would gratefully accept your aid in returning to the Grand Lodge.

    "Though the slavers are not yet found, at least Wennel's rampage is over."


    N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

    "Consider yourself escorted. I'm sure someone will track down the slavers."


    Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

    The elf chuckles softly. Hehe, sure, someone. Or it might be our next job if we stick with the society.


    NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
    Abilities/Spells Used:
    0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
    Buffs/Conditions*:
    None

    Religion (Untrained) check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

    "I am glad we could help you, Nelfurhin. Perhaps Wennel's soul is at rest now. I certainly hope so, anyway." As they make their way to the Grand Lodge, the halfling rogue thinks long and hard on the adventure she has shared with the others. Dangerous for sure, but with its own rewards as well, she decides. He life is even now far beyond anything she might have imagined while working at the circus, and despite the risks Greta is happy to call herself a Pathfinder now that they have succeeded on their very first mission. The halfling begins to whistle a merry tune as they wind their way through the streets, heading home...


    N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

    Grinwald looks for a trophy from the fallen and a memorial and settles on a finger bone. He purchases a nice necklace and adds it as a kind of charm.

    351 to 394 of 394 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Rose Street Revenge All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.