GM Cwethan's Rose Street Revenge (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 394 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta adds her own thoughts as well. "If the Society can afford the manpower, maybe we put a small team on each of those three named ex-slaves? Sooner or later the killer is going to move on one of them next, I'm sure of it!"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

When you return to Dahlia with the news, she is, understandably quite broken up, but believing you might be the only chance at justice for her friend, she combs her mind for anything that could help.

"I didn't know about Wennel, by name anyways, but I might know something of how to find him. Whenever I'd get after Justerian for living in that deathtrap of his, he'd always tell me 'Better than back at the Thorn.' That mean anything to you?"

While you were out, apparently Snips also made a reappearance at the Grand Lodge. "The boy has apparently been asking questions of the Barbers on your behalf," Ambrus informs you, "Sadly this hasn't yielded the killer's identity, but we at least have a description. The killer was of middling height, dressed in metal armor, and appeared to have a substantial tremor in his right arm."

Society DC 12:
There's a tavern called the Sanguine Thorn in the Precipice Quarter, named in honor of Milani. Or at least there was, about 20 years back, when the Precipice Quarter was still called Beldrin's Bluff, before the quake.


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Society Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Greta bounces up and down excitedly. "The Thorn! Yes, that's got to be the Sanguine Thorn in the Precipice Quarter! Or well, back then it was called Beldrin's Bluff, I guess. A few of the carnies talked about a tavern named in honor of Milani that went by the name. Not sure it's even still around anymore after the quake, though. This was a long time ago, back when I was a kid and they talked about the Thorn like it was a fond memory. So what I'm remembering could be around 20 years out of date."

Hearing about Snips, her previous excitement fades abruptly as she is reminded of their grim task. "That tremor could be a dead giveaway, if we see someone like that." She muses aloud.

Feel free to read my spoiler.


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Always impatient to get into action, Grinwald pipes up with "Do you know the way? Let's get going!"


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

"Sanguine Thorn? That's a tavern dedicated to Milani?" Min raises a skeptical eyebrow. "Sounds much more like a place one of your western jiang-shi would frequent. They're the ones that steal blood, yes? Lets hope our Wennel isn't one of those. Though..." She considers the site where they found Justerian "J was killed by some kind of claws. It would fit."

Min crosses her arms. "Either way, it seems like a bad omen. But that might mean we're on the right track. Anything else we should know Valsin?"

----

Assuming there isn't
Min follows after the well-informed Greta. As they head towards the Precipice Quarter, she offers "A tremor? Do we simply go around shaking people's hands until we find our man?"


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Good thinking Greta! I'm glad you knew about that. If it's been that long I wonder what we'll even find there...

He sets out with them, following the lead of Greta and Min.


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Oh, did we get a chance to rest and heal up? Taldidri was at 1hp after that last fight and could use some "Society Services" before our next stop :P


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Society Services are entirely available - technically this is a new Quest

As you approach the ruined district, Absalom's Post Guard warns you that the entrance gates to the Precipice Quarter remain closed between dusk and dawn. "Doesn't matter who you are, doesn't matter what's chasing you. No one gets through. So be timely, or find a safe place to hole up."

Despite Greta's secondhand knowledge, it's not easy to find your way through the ruined area. But finally, through a shroud of heavy fog, the twisted silhouettes of ruined structures loom over the broken cobblestone path. You're pretty sure you're in the right place, but what was once the corner of an intersection is now an imposing chasm. The mouth of the crater is large enough to have swallowed a colossal beast, but mist, detritus, and darkness obscure the bottom. Numerous shards of stone and debris jut out from the inner walls as if the cavernous hole is baring its teeth all the way down...

Perception DC 15:
You spy a warped and worn oaken sign with the name Sanguine Thorn painted above an ornate carving of a crimson rose, blood dripping from it's thorns. A symbol of Milani, you hope. But it looks like the Thorn itself is down at the bottom of that sinkhole.


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Ah! Taldidri points up away from the cobblestone path, and your eyes follow his direction to a worn oaken sign that clearly reads "Sanguine Thorn." Below that the sign has a crimson rose dripping with blood. I suppose that's the symbol of Milani.

Then he looks downward into the gaping chasm. ...and I suppose that's where the actual Thorn now resides. He sighs heavily. Did anybody bring rope?

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Flynt just nods at Taldridi's find as he would not have noticed it...

"I have a rope..."


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

"I got rope too. And a grappling hook."

With that, Grinwald finds something to secure to and starts down the rope.

"Passing strange it is. Passing strange..."

He starts muttering about strange occurrences as he starts descending and his voice becomes drowned out by the sounds of his climbing.

althetics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta peers down into the chasm with wide eyes. "Oh wow... it almost looks like the quake was a result of this. Do you think that the ground swallowed up this tavern on purpose?"

Though not particularly strong, she grabs hold of the rope behind Grinwald and starts to climb down as well...

Athletics Check: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Min follows Taldidri's pointing, then snorts when she sees the sign. "Ominous. And the tavern itself is in that pit?" She swings herself over the edge and descends after Greta and Grinwald.

Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
In case that isn't good enough:
Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"I don't know about this hole swallowing the tavern 'on purpose', but I've heard of stranger things being done with magic." As she climbs she looks down at their destination. "How do you think Justerian was staying there? Did he make the climb as well? Seems quite the danger."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Grinwald, Greta, and Min make their way down. The fog remains thick at the bottom of the hole, but through the mist you can see broken bedrock, hunks of wattle, and splintered lumber—all lightly dusted with sea salt—sink into the mud. The lurching profile of a bowed and broken structure stands here, its walls little more than rows of warped timbers, covered in withered vines, that converge at strange angles. The door on this side of the wall is missing from its frame.

Waiting for everyone, or do you want to start looking around?


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Taldidri watches as the first three teammates follow the rope down.

Is this entire mission going to be underground, in the dark? You'd think I was born a dwarf...

He resigns himself and follows...

Athletics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2 gulp...

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Flynt will follows the others down the rope...

Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald waits patiently (for him) for the others to arrive before he starts poking his nose into dark corners, waiting in guard mode a few feet from the rope. Looking Out in exploration mode

He looks relaxed, not tense at all.


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Seeing Taldidri lose his grip, Min jumps over to try to stop his (possibly lengthy, I don't think we got the height) fall.

After his tumble, she waits a bit to make sure everyone else is down without any issues before continuing.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Catch a Ledge with Acrobatics?: 1d20 ⇒ 1 Wow. Guess not

Taldridi slams into the ground with a sickening thud and takes 10 damage

GM Screen:
Perceptions: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d20 ⇒ 121d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

You can see a couple of ways into the building, a crumbling veranda that leads to the front door, as well as a side door, that you notice is surrounded by an area of sucking mud, a clay-and-water slurry that would likely trap and submerge anyone who stepped in it. Aside from that, some of the areas covered in the withered vines are large enough holes that you could climb through them after cutting away the vines.


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Ginwald gapes as the elf, normally a very nimble breed, performs only what one could describe as anti-acrobatics and somehow manages to land on the wrong side of his body.

"Ouch. Bet that hurt. Next time ask to be lowered down."


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Taldidri gingerly rises from the floor of the pit, wiping mud from his face and feeling around for where blood might be coming from. Between his bruises and the dim lighting he might be looking more like an orc right now.

I'll... try to remember that. Does anybody have a first-aid kit?


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

No FA kit here.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You could have bought one in between missions if people want to have retroactively pooled resources


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Ah, didn't realize. If you don't mind, I think he would have bought one after the last rules update when he added the medicine skill.

Medicine, DC13 (medium by level): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Taldidri remembers the kit he recently got and sets to work on his bruises ad cuts for about ten minutes.

Treated for 1hp (his level, being greater than level-times-CON). This is a small improvement though, so he'll make another check when we have more downtime. I.e., every time we stop to talk to any NPC he'll just be doing this.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

I believe you guys might have a potion still kicking around too - if you'd like to get that healed up just indicate that you did it in your next post.

Otherwise, the Sanguine Thorn awaits - Deal with the Sucking Mud at the side door, carve your way in through the vines, or dare the crumbling veranda to the front door?


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Once everyone is down, Grinwald leads the way to the most obvious entrance (to him) and starts hacking away at the vines with his ax.

"This is the best way in. Follow me."


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

"For you, perhaps." Greta smiles as she pinches the dwarf's cheek when she moves past him, daring the crumbling veranda as she makes her way to the front door, though the wood creaks alarmingly as she gets near the end.

Guessing an Acrobatics check? She will look for any sign of traps (natural or otherwise) as she moves across and do so quietly. She won't open the door yet though if she manages the feat, letting Grinwald get a headstart first (and maybe attracting the attention of whatever might be lurking inside). I made three rolls below, but obviously if one is unnecessary just ignore it.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Yeah, go for using that healing potion Taldidri! Better than going into what could be a boss fight with 3 HP. :>

Min compares Grinwald and Greta's approaches, then steps over to join the halfling. "I'll back you up Greta. If anything attacks Grinwald, all he has to do is change the direction of his swing." She grins.

She follows after Greta, a few steps behind the halfling, moving as carefully as she can manage to avoid disturbing the crumbling veranda.

Taking a page from Greta's book:
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Taldidri fishes the healing potion out of whomever's pack...

Glug glug glug: 1d8 ⇒ 7 woohoo!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The door is badly jammed. It might be possible to batter it down or burst it open, with attacks or Athletics but that could easily cause the veranda's roof to come down with it! Grinwald's vines seem safer...

This drinking hall’s wooden floors are decaying, and its furniture is in ruins, but more visible signs of death and rot are literally staring you in the face.

A small cluster of the walking dead awaits you. Most of them are relatively fresh, but one with scarcely any flesh clinging to bone stands in the back, armed and armored with a skull-decorated fly scrawled across its shield.

Even from here you can see a large crack in the side of its skull, and a corresponding weakness in its grip on the morningstar clutched in its bony fist.

Initiative:
Greta: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grinwald: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Flynt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sippit: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Taldridi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Min: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Skeletal Priest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Zombies: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

The walking dead shamble forward, tearing at Grinwald and Greta with grasping hands.

Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bold may go!
Religion may help you determine things about the Undead
The pits are there, and the collapsed furniture is difficult. You can take cover behind it with an action.

Zombies
Min
Skeletal Priest
Taldridi -2
Grinwald -16 Grabbed by Blue
Sippit
Greta -4 Grabbed by Yellow
Flynt


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald's eyes widen as the pathetic skeletons land two massive blows on him. Undeterred, he flies into a rage and lays into the blue skeleton.

To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Second attack on red:
To hit: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

@Cwethan: I think that second attack missed Grinwald, since you didn't subtract out the multiple attack penalty. Furthermore, if a creature doesn't have Improved Grab, grabbing takes an action after a successful strike (See page 122 of the bestiary). I'm guessing these guys don't have improved grab, though I could easily be wrong.

With zombies all around the team, Min tries to think quickly about what weaknesses these creatures might have...
Religion to ID zombies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
She immediately calls out with any insight she can deliver in hopes of giving her team an edge. (With a 20, maybe that's good enough to know their slashing damage weakness?)

Then, sizing up the zombie next to her, she takes on a Tiger Stance and unleashes a flurry of claws at it!

Tiger Claw, agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Tiger Claw damage (S): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Tiger Claw, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
Tiger Claw damage (S): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

(1 action to Recall knowledge, 1 to take a stance, and 1 to flurry)


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

"Yick!" Greta yelps as the shambling undead suddenly rise up around her, and the halfling instinctively draws her shortsword and stabs at the zombie that has grabbed her.
Interact action: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8 vs DC 5 (per Grabbed condition) = Success!
Attack with Shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 = Critical Hit!
Shortsword Damage (Critical): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 = 18 damage total to Yellow Zombie

She usually uses her hand crossbow, so would have needed to draw her shortsword when surprised by the zombies. If Yellow is dead before she acts, then attack Green instead. If both Yellow and Green are dead after her two actions, she will move 10' E, 5' NE, 10' N to get the cover of that wall and stay out of sight of that skeleton priest.

Interact (draw shortsword)
Strike
Move(?) - see OOC above


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

They didn't actually have a multiple attack penalty since each of the four zombies only made one attack, but you're correct that the grab needed an action they didn't have, thanks.

Min makes a brutal demonstration of what it takes to tear apart a shambling zombie, Crit! Just used the 2nd damage roll and the creature collapses into the pit behind it.

These creatures take extra damage from slashing attacks and positive energy, and are very sluggish. They get one fewer action per turn and can't react.

As for the skeletal priest - the stylized rose-shape of his bludgeon's head hints towards his past as a Milanite. If this creature still retains intelligence, it might be discomfited by reminders of its previous faith, or past life. It should still possess whatever skills it had in life, and sadly slashing and piercing weapons will have lessened impact upon its fleshless form.

The deathly priest strides forward, unholy prayer chattering in its lipless mouth, and a sickly green ray springs forth from the fly on its shield, striking Min and draining the strength from her!

Ray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Grinwald and Greta's flawless strikes each claim another zombie, and the room begins to thin out...

Bold may Go
Zombies
Min - Fort Save Required
Skeletal Priest
Taldridi -2
Grinwald -16, +3
Sippit
Greta -4 Feel free to change your last action if Wennel has preempted it
Flynt


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Taldidri steps up, knowing that these undead should be weak against flames. He steps forward towards the one in back, extends his hands and spreads his fingers, releasing the flames.

stride 15'
Cast burning hands on *non*-red
Fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
DC 15 reflex save


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

The fallen cleric manages to avoid much of Taldridi's blast, its shield glowing with the heat of the elf's magic.

Bold may Go
Zombies
Min - Fort Save Required
Skeletal Priest -5
Taldridi -2
Grinwald -16, +3
Sippit
Greta -4 Feel free to change your last action if Wennel has preempted it
Flynt

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Flynt will move into the room, 15' to the east...and fire twice at the northernmost zombie...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 5 = 11

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Sippit casts a produce flame and hurls it at the nearest zombie!

FLAMING BAD TOUCH: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 fire damage!


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

FORT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Guh!" Min grits her teeth and endures the weakening magics of the beam.

Lol Cwethan my bad! I saw the attack rolls grouped into two sets and without thinking read that as two zombies attacking. Didn't think at all about how many zombies there were.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Flynt's crit damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Flynt's first arrow takes the remaining zombie in the eye, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be in great need of the organ... Sippit's own fiery projectile whizzes past the shambling corpse.

Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Undeterred by its injury the zombie continues to hammer at Grinwald - battering him and then seizing him in its grasp!

Bold may Go
Zombie
Min
Skeletal Priest -5
Taldridi -2
Grinwald -20, Grabbed +3
Sippit
Greta -4 Feel free to change your last action if Wennel has preempted it
Flynt


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

My last action seems just fine to me, Greta's attack went off and then she moved exactly where you placed her on the map. Who is Wennel though?


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Min sweeps past Grinwald and circles around the zombie, then delivers a pair of tiger-claw swipes into the zombie's exposed back. (flurry)

Tiger claw, agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Tiger claw damage (S): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Likely crit bonus damage (S): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Tiger claw, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12
Tiger claw damage (S): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

She shakes necrotic flesh off her hands and spares a glance for Grinwald. "Vile. Grinwald, still kicking?"

Then, since the zombie fell so quickly, she spends a moment switching her stance to something more appropriate against the brittle bones of a skeleton. (dropping Tiger Stance)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Greta didn't end up actually out of Line of Sight was my concern, but I wouldn't fret overmuch.

The dead priest advances, the Milanite morningstar hanging loosely at its side as the twitching inscription of a darker goddess flares with light once more. Its dark power brushes against Taldridi, raising gooseflesh on his arms as his skin prickles with a sudden chill of fever, before going deathly cold.

"You will all join us in time."

Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Negative Energy: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Bold may Go
Min
Skeletal Priest -5, Shield Raised
Taldridi -11
Grinwald -20
Sippit
Greta -4
Flynt


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta moves in behind the undead priest, flanking the creature as she drops her hand crossbow and draws her light mace, acting on Min's earlier warning about the skeleton's resistance to blades.

Light Mace Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 (vs flat-footed target if flanking)
Light Mace Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 bludgeoning
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 precision (if target is flat-footed)

So reading the combat rules and the Acrobatics description, moving through 'threatened' squares can draw a reaction from the target (such as an AoO), but only if the target is capable of making such a reaction? I didn't see that Acrobatics can get around this, only that it can be used to move through a target's square, though I'm unsure whether reactions would come into play or not... I'm going to go ahead and roll an Acrobatics check, just in case, but I'm curious about this - if anyone has an answer for me.

Drop light crossbow (free action)
Interact (draw light mace)
Stride 15' (if using Acrobatics to avoid reaction, total movement is actually 25', I think - as the last two squares adjacent to target are considered difficult terrain?)
Strike (with light mace, from flanking position)

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (to avoid target reaction for moving through threatened square? - Won't matter anyway, that roll stinks...)

IF this roll matters and keeps Greta from provoking a reaction, I'd like to use my Lucky Halfling ability to reroll this fail on a skill check, if I can?

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

"Sippit already joined Society. Too much joining makes goblins crazy, you know? So no, no joining today!" He moves inside.

He sees Taldridi fall and sighs. "Elf am always falling down. Why elf so tall if he spends so much time on ground?" He lets out a long suffering groan and casts heal on the elf with one actions!

Healing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 He then draws his club!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

@Greta: Acrobatics can no longer be used to avoid AoOs. I think they got rid of that rule because so few creatures still even have AoOs. I doubt you have to worry about one from this skeleton.

Min converges on the skeletal priest, skirting around the dangerously unstable section of flooring and ending up opposite of Sippit. With balled fists, she aims at the spine and ribcage, then follows with a kick to the back of the knees.

(Stride, Flurry, Strike. Enemy is flatfooted by the flank, I'd guess.)

Unarmed Fist, agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Unarmed Fist, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Unarmed Kick, agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 - 4 = 12
Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"No one will be joining you!"


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald shakes off the rotting hands still attached to him and moves to join the swarm of pathfinders surrounding the priest in order to deal his own blow.

Action: Sudden charge
Action: Strike

To Hit Ax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, electrical, arcane, and evocation traits

To Hit Ax: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 5 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12, electrical, arcane, and evocation traits

"Still kicking. Those zombies pack a nasty punch."

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Flynt will move 20' to the west...and fire twice at the skeletal priest...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Damage: 1d6 + 1d10 ⇒ (6) + (6) = 12

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 5 = 6

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sigh, the skeleton does have AoOs but would rather use its shield block...

The fallen cleric clearly retains some substantial martial skills from its life, as it somehow weathers the Pathfinder's assault!

Greta's mace gets past his armor, but the dead Milanite catches some of the blow on his shield. Grinwald and Min fail to land a blow, and Flynt's arrow unfortunately lands where the skeleton's heart should be, doing little more than rattle around in its ribcage.

Bold may Go
Min
Skeletal Priest -14, Shield Raised (1 dent)
Taldridi
Grinwald -20
Sippit
Greta -4
Flynt


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Taldidri steps back and unleashes a crackling arc of lightning from his fingers.

guarded step
cast electric arc (DC 15)
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

301 to 350 of 394 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Rose Street Revenge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.