GM Cwethan's Rose Street Revenge (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


201 to 250 of 394 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Min springs to her feet and grins appreciatively in Sippit's direction. "And here I thought you only wanted to burn things little g-" She cuts off as Sippit immediately uses burning hands to burn something. "Ah, never mind..."

Seeing that only two kobolds remain, she draws and throws two shuriken at the closest one (yellow)!

Shuriken, -2 from range inc.: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Shuriken, -2 from range inc.: 1d20 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 2 - 4 = 6 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The sweep of Grinwald's axe catches the kobold sorcerer full in the chest, but instead of a satisfying **Thukk**, the blade passes through the kobold's chest without a sound or spray - it's an illusion!

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain

Flynt -15, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker
Greta -10
Taldridi -4

Grinwald -21 (May redo actions 2 & 3 with new info)
Min -14
Kobolds! (Yellow -5)
Sippit


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

stride, stride, interact crossbow

The elf wizard runs down the main sewer passageway to get another clear shot at the kobolds, whether it be from spell or crossbow.

I.. can't get close enough for spells yet...

He reloads his crossbow...


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald still flees, but he calls out "The sorcerer is an illusion now. I'm so confused!"


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta sloshes across the channel, loading her hand crossbow again and using the corner wall for cover as she fires at the kobold that she knows is real.

Move 20' (including through the difficult terrain), load crossbow and fire at Yellow kobold.

Interact - Load handcrossbow
Stride - Move 20' to the corner and use it for cover, if possible.
Strike - Ranged attack vs Yellow Kobold

Hand Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Hand Crossbow Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The crossbow bolt and shurikens fill the air around the confirmed kobold, but she dodges between them, rushing forward to flail at Taldridi!

Pick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Piercing: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Pick: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Piercing: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain
Flynt -15, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker
Greta -10
Taldridi -4
Grinwald -21 (May redo actions 2 & 3 with new info)
Min -14
Kobolds! (Yellow -5)
Sippit


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

@Cwethan
You can remove the suggestion to redo Grinwald's actions. He is about to lose rage and be fatigued anyway (in version 2 a barbarian only gets 3 rounds at a time at this level at least) and getting out of the area is a good idea. Also, you still need to apply the 3 temp rage points against his HP lost. He should be at -18, not -21.


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Sippit grins widely at Min. "Healing am setting fire to injury!"

Sippit STRIDES south of Grinwald. He casts PRODUCE FLAME at the yellow kobold! Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 fire damage!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yep, sorry, Copy Pasta

Sippit's precise burst of flame finishes off the last of the kobold warriors. The Sorcerer reappears a few yards from his illusion, then darts forward to hurl lightning at Taldridi and Min!

Electric Arc: 1d6 ⇒ 3 DC 15 Reflex for 1/2

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain

Flynt -15, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker
Greta -10
Taldridi -4
Grinwald -18, Fatigued
Min -14
Sippit


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Reflex vs. electric arc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Even as the electric arc zaps at her, Min leaps out of the water and dashes through the sewers to block off the sorcerer's escape route. (Two Strides) She follows up with a pair of kicks aimed at the kobold's chest.

Unarmed; agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Unarmed; agile: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Unarmed damage (B): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Jeez. Well, if anyone wants to move into a flank, hopefully someone else can land a hit.


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Reflex, DC15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Taldidri curses in elven and decides to show the sorcerer that he can do the same.

Cast electric arc, two actions
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 bleh. the pitiful dice continue

DC15 reflex for half.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The sorcerer twists away from Min and Taldridi's attacks, redirecting what lightning does strike him harmlessly into the stones. Damage resisted

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain
Flynt -15, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker
Greta -10
Taldridi -4
Grinwald -18, Fatigued
Min -14
Sippit


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Other than a stride action, Grinwald just rests this turn to work off the fatigue.

That gives him a -1 to AC and ST until next turn.


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Sippit double strides behind the nefarious kobold and tries to whack it over the head with his club! Clubbin': 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 for 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage!


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta moves further up along the wall, loading another bolt then taking another shot as she draws even with the kobold sorcerer on the far side of the shallow canal.

Move 25', load crossbow and fire at remaining kobold.

Interact - Load handcrossbow
Stride - Move 25' to get clear line of sight
Strike - Ranged attack vs kobold sorcerer

Hand Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hand Crossbow Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Agh!" Greta's bolt wings the sorcerer! Still clutching his arm the kobold sends a quick jolt at his flankers before racing farther into the sewers.

Electric Arc at Sippit and Min: 1d6 ⇒ 2 DC 15 Reflex for 1/2

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain
Flynt -15, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker
Greta -10
Taldridi -4
Grinwald -18, Fatigued
Min -14
Sippit


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

REF vs. electric arc: part 2 electric boogaloo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Electrocuted a second time, Min collapses down onto the cold stones of the sewer walkway.

Dying 1


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Is Grinwald still fatigued? He should only be fatigued for one round after which he is ready to rage again.


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Sippit sees the kobold race off, then also sees Min fall down. He twitches a bit from the sparking and sighs deeply. He casts stabilize on Min! With his last action, he strides after the kobold, shouting, "HE AM GETTING AWAY!"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Nope, sorry - You're good Grin

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain

Flynt -15, Unconscious
Min -18, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker
Greta -10
Taldridi -4
Grinwald -18

Sippit -2


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.
GM Cwethan wrote:
The sorcerer twists away from Min and Taldridi's attacks, redirecting what lightning does strike him harmlessly into the stones. Damage resisted

Clarification: fully resisted should only be if the save was a *critical success*, regular success is half damage. I didn't notice a change to this in the updates.

Taldidri tries to keep up with the party rushing down the next sewer passageway.

He will not get away!

Again he stops and raises his hand to release an arc of electricity at the kobold...

stride 25' (last square into difficult)
somatic + verbal, electric arc
Electric arc: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Yeeeeeeeeeah! Finally some dice love.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

No... I meant it... >_>

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

This time the blast of lightning catches the sorcerer full in the chest, and he's not quite able to disperse all of it. Still, what could have been a mortal blow barely singes him.

Bold may go!
Sewer Water is Difficult Terrain

Flynt -15, Unconscious
Min -18, Unconscious
Kobold Dragonspeaker -6
Greta -10
Taldridi -4
Grinwald -18
Sippit -2


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta feels her heart hammering in her chest as she draws ever closer to the dangerous creature, which has taken down more of her companions! The creature must be stopped, and so she closes in swiftly, holding onto the small crossbow in one hand as she draws her shortsword with her other, stabbing at the kobold when she gets in close...

Ready shortsword, move 15', attack kobold with sword.

Interact - Ready shortsword
Stride - Move 15' to get within strking distance of kobold sorcerer
Strike - Attack with shortsword vs kobold sorcerer

Shortsword Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Shortsword Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

If I had an extra action available I'd scan that 10' space in front of the kobold for traps before moving across it - but alas, I think I need all three of my actions for this round...


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grionwald does a stride and a sudden charge. No time to rage, but he gets into a flank with Greta.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, plus flank bonus (is it +2 still?)
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

I need more swinging room. these sewers are cramping my style!


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Now flank imposes the Flatfooted condition on the victim, which means a -2 to AC for them. GM tracks, which makes things a bit simpler for players.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Finally the kobold's luck runs out as Grinwald and Greta catch him in a brutal flank!

As the sorcerer slumps to the ground, you hear the scuttling of more clawed feet approaching, but thankfully when the kobolds come into view Fazgyn is leading them.

Fazgyn's practiced eye takes in the tale of the battle, and he lets out a low whistle.

"Much less guarded from the south. Good thing Pathfinders fight like this." He says the last with a smile made sinister by many fangs - but maybe it's meant to be warm?

"Now Dragon Sharks will know. The Sewers are ours.

"We will watch for hidden bodies. We will tell you if this killer tries to use our sewers."

***

Searching the area you find a small stash of goods just inside the cavern. The trove contains a scroll of illusory disguise, a well-worn hat of disguise that appears to have been repeatedly rumpled by a meaty fist (or maybe even a tentacle), and 8 sp.

You also find a waterlogged journal with the word Spellbook scrawled across it in draconic. The ink on many of the damp booklet’s pages has begun to smear, but the pages near the center are still fairly legible, telling the story of a Milanian worshiper named Wennel Ardonay.

Journal Excerpt:
"...to ensure that my clients receive all the support they require. Many forget that Milani is not just a goddess of liberating the oppressed, but also of ensuring they’re not condemned to hardship once free.

Justerian—male human dockworker, about 40 years: I worry about Justerian.The slavers wore down his spirit as much as they did his body. He struggles to cope with his new life and fears his former masters might find him and shackle him again. He needs friends, and while I am glad to see he has steady employment, his living conditions are not healthy.

Remna—female dwarf scullery maid, about 20 years: With good reason,
servitude has left her resentful of social elites. She’s ambitious, but I have tried to counsel her against association with some of Absalom’s more dangerous circles. Much as I do not like the rumors I’ve heard of her new role models, she is free now—including free to make her own decisions. I shall stay in touch should she need help.

Aedo—male halfling gardener, about 50 years: He has managed fairly well with the transition. Wealthy families who once secured his services for free were eager to hire him. I have provided him the silver needed for tools, and his business is thriving along the Petal District’s Rose Street.

Nelfurhin—female elf alchemist, age unknown: Formerly a scriptorium slave handling several households’ documents, Nelfurhin has found a welcome home at the Pathfinder Society. The Society is a good fit for her, particularly as the Grand Lodge continues to clean up some of its questionable practices.

Omoak—female half-orc personal assistant, about 25 years: She served Lady Eambria Tullian, who perished during the siege in Absalom’s defense and apparently willed Omoak a considerable sum for a decade of service. I’ve helped her locate and start up a grocery business.


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald looses interest at the word spellbook, but is surprised to hear that it contains information far more useful than spells.

"Say, one of these guys in this book was that pathfinder that was murdered. I wonder if the others in this journal are targets too? We should look up this fellow Wendel and the others in this book if we have time. Maybe we could visit a healer too. How much do they charge for magical healing around here anyway?"


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

After a few minutes of being stable but unconscious, Min manages to rouse herself and stagger to a kneeling position.

While the others spend a few moments with the Kobolds, Min takes time to patch up her wounds with her healer's tools and mutter to herself about how horribly hard the floors of a sewer are, and how the people of Absalom should really do something to fix that.

She rejoins the group as the kobolds are making their leave. "I hope we satisfied them? I feel like they owe us, if they have any honor that is." She takes a look at each of the items the group finds and then reads the journal's contents together with Grinwald. "Hmm, Valsin Ambrus will want to see this. We can of course look into the other names... but maybe not right away. With the way these kobolds treated us, I think we've earned a few night's rest."

Do we get automatically healed up between quests? If not, I can give the new v1.3 Treat Wounds a few tries to heal everyone up.

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Flynt opens his eyes, his head seemingly filled with cobwebs..."Mom?"


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta smiles grimly as she too does a better job of binding her wounds. The days at the circus seem distant indeed, and the dangers of her new chosen path have been brought into sharp focus. Still... the halfling feels a certain exhilaration that was lacking from her previous life. Picking the pockets of marks was never as exciting as this!

She also ponders the writings and readily agrees with Grinwald. "If the killer had this book, then they certainly had an easy means of finding several victims. We need to track down these others I think, and warn them! But I suppose Ambrus will have to make the decision on that."


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

As the adrenaline subsides Taldidri looks around, remembers, and smells where they are.

In any case, I don't see good reason that we can't continue this discussion up on the top-side!


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Min pulls Flynt to his feet and gives him a shoulder to lean on (and does a good bit of leaning herself) as the group returns to Valsin's office. Along the way, she fishes out her tea flasks and passes them around to anyone who wants some refreshment after a difficult fight.

"Those kobolds packed a mean punch. Hope Valsin's next lead doesn't involve more of them..."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yes, you guys get to heal up before embarking on this next bit

A couple of days later, you are contacted once more by Ambrus

"Pathfinders,
There are certain places in Absalom where criminals go when they want to keep a low profile. The Puddles is one of those places. Street after street of abandoned buildings and a small and underfunded guard force make it an ideal place for people looking to stir up trouble without getting caught.

Still, someone there may have heard something useful. Travel to the Puddles and speak to the guards. They’re called the Muckruckers, and you can recognize them by the bronze badges they wear. I’ve provided you with a small donation to help fund their public services, which should help convince them that talking to you is worth their time.

- Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin"

***

Assuming you make your way to the Puddles...

Rain patters down onto the muddy streets of Absalom’s Puddles district, covering it with the murky pools of water that give the district its name. The buildings that line the streets have seen better days. Many of them are decaying, shuttered, or boarded up. The door of one of these buildings swings open, letting rats rush out into the streets. A woman wearing leather armor and a bronze badge stands in the doorway, slashing a shortsword into the swarm of rats and urging them out of the building. On her forearm, a tattoo of a dog animates and snarls.


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

"Well, don't just stand there, pathfinders, lend a hand!"

Putting action to words, Grinwald rages and wades in against the swarm of rats, using sudden charge if necessary to get there.

Using the draconic rage ability to make 3 points of that damage have the electrical, arcane, and evocation traits.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
critical damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

Sippit's eyes light up at the rats. "DINNER!" He strides over and casts burning hands! FIRE!: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 1 = 7


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

Meanwhile Taldidri is simply fascinated by one of the guard’s recently prominent features.

He waits until the rat swarm is handled before pointing at her forearm and asking...

I noticed your little “pet” there. Does it get bigger, or come off and fight?


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

Min holds back, not eager to tangle with a bunch of rats. Instead, she shouts over the squeals of dying rats "What's going on here? What brings you to be herding rats out of abandoned houses?"

Grand Lodge

Flynt | Male Elf | NG Ranger / 1st | HP:16/17 | AC:16 TAC:15 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 | Per: +3 | Stealth: +5

Flynt, also wary of the rat swarm, draws his bow and stands back...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

**cough** Sippit - save your burning hands **cough**

As the Goblin approaches with hands glowing with heat the guard's eyes open wide in alarm, as she forces Sippit's hands down. "Hey, Hey! Are you crazy?! You could burn the whole place down!"

A few more sweeps of her sword and Grinwald's axe and the swarm disperses.

“Do you need something? As you can see, I’m busy. Can’t have vermin chewing thorough our food stores, and this isn’t even the first swarm of rats I’ve dealt with today. They’ve been everywhere lately. Rats and flies, not to mention sewer oozes, crawling up into the street. We
don’t know what’s got them so worked up.”

At Taldridi's question she gives a wry laugh, "That would make things a lot easier. No, it's a War Hounder symbol. It’s a gang I used to run with, knocking in heads and taking odd jobs to make some coin. The Muckruckers gave me a second chance at life.”


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

Grinwald is torn. He would much prefer to join the ex-warhounder on his rat bashing mission. Much more his style. But he is being paid to investigate for the pathfinders. Grrrr. Oozes sound interesting!

"Say, where did you say those oozes are coming up? surely not the whole city or we'd have heard about it."


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Greta's eyes light up when she sees the tattoo suddenly come to life. Ignoring the rats for the moment, the halfling strides up to Taldridi and pipes up. "Hi! I'm Greta! Wow, that is a neat tattoo! Guess those War Hounders must have been pretty bad news, huh? Too bad, that's some nice ink. Hey, maybe we can get the Pathfinders to make something that cool! Oh, anyway, we were looking for you. To give you something, from our organization to yours. To help out the Muckrakers continue their good work."

The rogue hands over the donation they'd been given to deliver, the halfling finding it passingly odd that she has handing over a pouch of coins rather than stealing it. "We were kinda hoping you could give us something in return. Information, you know. We're looking for a really bad guy. A murderer." She whispers the last words almost theatrically, her eyes wide and trusting as she waits for a response.

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

I'm thinking we were given a physical pouch with coins as the 'donation' that the V.C. told us about?


Sippit | Male Goblin | N Sorcerer / 1st | HP:15/15 | AC:14 TAC:14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 | Per: +0 | Stealth: +1

"Awww." Sippit's face falls as he doesn't get to roast the rats. Still, sulkily, he grabs a dead rat and begins munching on it.


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

"Maybe you've seen more bodies than usual around here?" Min leans in towards the ex-War Hounder. "That would be one explanation for why there are so many rats and sewer oozes about, no?"

"If it is, then maybe if we can find our murderer, you won't have as much cleanup to do. Good for everyone."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"We're not really supposed to involve civilians in something like this..." She gives an experienced jingle of the bag, "...but it's not like you're just any civilians.

"A few days back, I received a report from a local named Dahlia that one of her friends had gone missing. With the current vermin problem, the other Muckruckers don’t have time for a full investigation without more evidence to suspect foul play.

"I hope there's nothing to it, but if you're looking for more information Dahlia works as a cook at the Frog's Tongue. It's a tavern in the Puddles - mummified frog glued to a plank of wood outside, you can't miss it."


Male NG Elf Wizard 1 | HP 10/12 | Hero Points 1/3 | Resonance 1/1 | AC 12 TAC 12 | F +1, R +4, W +4 | Perc: +3, low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Arcane Focus: 1/1 | Spells: burning hands, color spray | Active conditions: None.

The elf stifles his dislike of the local stench and scene. His eyes light up in shock at the mention of the mummified frog in the tavern description. He catches himself quickly enough to push that down too. I suppose we're one step up from the sewers, at least...

Sure, we'd be glad to help. We'll head that way momentarily. Indeed, I could never un-see a mummified frog residing in civilization. Seeing as how you frequently patrol this area, what would you say happened to a random person who's gone missing? Are robberies-gone-wrong common? Kidnapping and slave trading into local brothels or distant lands? Other common fates?

He puts his best professionalism and intellectual airs to work with her, in a (misguided) attempt to gain her trust, despite his disdain for his current surroundings.


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

"So- Dahlia, Frog hanging on a plank of wood..." Min looks somewhat skeptical of this odd sounding lead. "Any other strange things happening recently? Not even people going missing. Just strange things?"

If the Muckraker has nothing to offer, Min starts peering up and down the street, trying to spot the frog sign they're looking for.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

When you arrive in the early afternoon, business is slow. The door to the kitchen is open, and you can see Dahlia frying fish in a skillet.

Once you approach, she’s eager to speak with you about her friend.

“Thank the gods, the Muckruckers decided to send someone after all. As I was telling the badge lady with the dog tattoo, it’s not like Justerian to not show up for work. He’s a cook here with me, see, and he loves his job. He’d been a slave for years, and with all that slavery isn’t on the up and up anymore, he finally had a chance to pull his life back together. Puddles ain’t the best place for that, but he was managing just fine. He kept talkin’ about how he was worried that one of those underground slavers was gonna come snatch him back. I thought it was just talk, but now... I’m worried.”


N/N male dwarf barbarian/1 | HP: 8/24 | AC/TAC: 16/13 (-1 raging) | F/R/W: +lvl +4(2)/+2(0)/+4(2) | Speed 20 ft | Athletics +2, Perc +3, Survival +2 | Active Conditions: raging

"Can you tell us where he lives? If he was snatched it was probably from there or on the way here. Has anyone else in the establishment mentioned anything?"


NG Female Halfling Rogue 1 | Perception: +5 | HP: 11 (of 15) | Speed: 25' | Stealth: +5 | Class DC: 15 | AC 16, TAC 15 | Fort +2, Reflex+6, Will +5 | Hero Points: 1
Abilities/Spells Used:
0 (of 1 Halfling Luck)
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Considering the victims of the Rose Street Killer, Greta is very concerned about this Justerian. She is ready to head out quickly once they learn the cook's address.


Female Human Monk 1 | AC 16 TAC 16 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +6 W +3 | Perc +2 | Res 1/1 | Hero 1/1 | Active Status:

"Does this Justerian have anyone else that may have seen him before work, or after it? We're hoping to find him, and think he may have been kidnapped." Min avoids mentioning that the fellow is probably already murdered. "You didn't happen to notice anyone paying particular attention to him recently? Anyone visiting the tavern- or anyone out in the street?"

After Dahlia's responses, Min draws back and in a whispered aside to Greta comments "This one was on that list that we found with the kobolds, no?"

201 to 250 of 394 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Rose Street Revenge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.