GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


5,801 to 5,850 of 7,001 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>

Ongoing

Which door first?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

I'd say left.


Ongoing

Ok, North it shall be then.

The group carefully takes several steps closer, their boots and shoes the only sound aside from the slight scraping ahead.

Carr stands in front of the room, the door ajar. No sound comes from the room as he stands there.

As his belt buckle shines light into the room, it casts shadows upon various debris and rusted boxes in the 20ft by 15ft room.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Drexel steps into the room, and warily moves over to search the rusted boxes.

Perception: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (13) + (3) + 9 = 25


Ongoing

Burning those inspiration points pretty quickly.
Anyone else helping in the search?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

I have Expanded Inspiration, so I can use inspiration on Perception checks without expending a use of the ability. I also use Intelligence instead of Wisdom for Perception, which helps.


Ongoing

Does that count for knowledge checks as well? I noticed a few d6 in the checks back at the chapel.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Yeah, it's free on all Knowledge skills, Linguistics and Spellcraft for all investigators. I have Expanded Inspiration, which allows me to use if for free on Diplomacy, Heal, Perception, Profession, and Sense Motive checks , and Underworld Inspiration, which allows me to use it for free on Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Intimidate, or Sleight of Hand checks.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Perception Help: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Brallenera helps their new comrade to find clues, traps or anything valuable


Ongoing

As both Brallenera and Drexel enter the room and look over the debris and boxes, in a blink of an eye three putrid figures in suits stand before them, before disappearing. Skin long dead, scorched flesh and rotten teeth.

<Insert jumpscare sound>

Vs #1
Will Brallenera: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Will Carr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Will Drexel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Fail.

Vs #2
Will Brallenera: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Will Carr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Will Drexel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Vs #3
Will Brallenera: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Fail.
Will Carr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Will Drexel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Both with Brallenera and Drexel, their heart skips a beat, at the sight of the haunting sight of the trio.
Brallenera frightened: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds.
Drexel frightened: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds.

Frightened:

A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Init:

Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Carr: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Drexel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ting Tang: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Mylvwara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Haunting astronauts: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1 Drexel 2 Enemies: 1d2 ⇒ 2


Haunting astronauts, round 1

Ting
Carr & Mylvwara (can both post ahead)
--------
Creepy astronauts
--------
Brallenera & Drexel

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22
GM Chyro wrote:
...in a blink of an eye three putrid figures in suits stand before them, before disappearing...

'so's I wonder if they found any shiny's' Still sulking that he's not up front, Ting watches as his dwarf friend and the new thief help angel-face search the room. Hearing sound of dread coming from the two in the room, Ting moves forward, peaking in the door. "So's what's all's tha scary noises 'bout's?"

5 ft step? then I guess delay...
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Don't see them on the map?

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22
Carr wrote:
Don't see them on the map?

they disappeared.


Ongoing

The locations where the images flashed before you have been marked.

Ting comes closer and leans in near Carr to see part of the right side of the room.

Carr & Mylvwara
-------------------
Creepy astronauts
-------------------
Brallenera and Drexel

Ting wrote:


Carr wrote:

Don't see them on the map?

they disappeared.

Quite so. It was but a flash, so until anything truly happens, it's unknown what is going on. :)

Which isn't until after Carr and Mylvwara.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww..Just to know: can I flee, or am I obliged to fight?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ongoing

Well, if the walls were cardboard instead of metal, we'd see a dwarfess shaped hole. ;)

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr sees invisible foes... so to speak, and as such spends time recalling his fighting while blindfolded, or that other time things were invisible. Move action to gain Blind-Fight

He prepares to strike back at anything that strikes him!


Ongoing

Carr tensions up, intent to face anything that comes up close to fight angelboy in hand 2 hand combat.

Mylvwara
---------------
Creepy astronauts
---------------
Brallenera & Drexel


Ongoing

Mylvwara, unsure of what is happening at all, sees Carr shift on his legs into a battle pose.
"What is going on?"
--------------------------

Then, stuff starts flying around, causing Brallenera and Drexel to start trying to dodge incoming pieces of metal.
1d100 ⇒ 43
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
1d100 ⇒ 71
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
1d100 ⇒ 48
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22
As it passes, Brallenera feels her legs yanked from underneath her, and she drops prone.

Vs ff and from invis.
-----------------
Brallenera, Drexel & Ting

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Drexel turns and runs out the door, fleeing as fast as he can.

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22

Seeing the stuff fly about the room, ting looks from Carr to the door, and calls in, "Oy, Why's don't you's blokes exit tha room, 'en I's'l shut tha bloody door's, wroight."

readied action: If Brallenera also exits, ting will attempt to shut the door.


Ongoing

Drexel really wants to exit the room, as does Brallenera.
Whom for convenience we'll have go out 1st, as all ground is difficult terrain, leaving the clustered group blocking movement otherwise.

Ting tries closing the door, which doesn't seem to budge so easily, sticking out but a few inches.
Sliding doors.
====================

Kn. Religion 12:

Flying objects, creepy images..

What you're dealing with are poltergeists.
A poltergeist is an angry spirit that forms from the soul of a creature that, for whatever reason, becomes unable to leave the site of its death.

Like with haunts and ghosts, they can reform within mere days after being put down, as long as the reason of their remaining isn't solved.

Haunting astronauts, round 2

Carr & Mylvwara
--------
Creepy astronauts
--------
Brallenera & Drexel & Ting


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

I don't think allies affect movement, so Drell would flee 30 ft. no problem. I guess basically he will be back where he is in 6 rounds (3 rounds going and 3 coming back).


Ongoing

One can't end a movement in an occupied square, and with difficult terrain in effect, that would make passing tricky.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr slowly backs out of the room. Withdraw action, can move up to 40 feet with that, though obviously difficult terrain.


Ongoing

Angelboy cautiously moves away from the door, still eyeing the silent, dank corridor.

Mylvwara


Ongoing

Bottin Mylvwara.

Mylvwara has a confused look on their face, as the entire party backs away.
"Could someone please tell me what is going on, that has you all coming back? I can't help you if i don't know what we're up against."
Likewise, i don't know what spells she may have prepared.
-----------------
Creepy astronauts...

With Ting peering into the room, a piece of debris lifts up, and comes around the corner at him.
1d100 ⇒ 52
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16 Bump: 1d6 ⇒ 5
The piece of broken metal hits him right in the chest.
Invisible.

1d100 ⇒ 61
2nd, cover: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23 Bump: 1d6 ⇒ 4

3rd, cover: 1d100 ⇒ 62
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16 Bump: 1d6 ⇒ 6
A 2nd object hits him again, but a third bounces off against the doorpost.
------------------
Brallenera and Dreel leave the craft for the time being.
Brallenea, going North, is 40ft off the map.
Drexel, going north, is 10ft off the map.

Ting

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22

Watching Brallenera and Dreel leave the craft and Carr retreat beghind him, Ting, getting thumped in the chest by two floating objects, turns to answer Mylvwara, "I don't knows, but's I aint's bloody-well sticking around's ta find's out, wroight." He then exits the odd building as well.

withdraw
so the "Bump" is that damage?


Ongoing

Yes. Indication of blunt impact.

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22
GM Chyro wrote:
Yes. Indication of blunt impact.

ok, so which two hit?


Ongoing

# 1 and # 2.


Ongoing

Haunting astronauts, round 2

Carr & Mylvwara
--------
Creepy astronauts
--------
Brallenera & Drexel & Ting

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr stays put, and goes back to waiting for things to sneak up on him. Readied attack.


Ongoing

I'm starting to worry about Mylvwara's absence. Though she did say she's struggling with students' exams and the little bundle of no-sleep-for-parents .

Mylvwara has the matching knowledge roll, and even with a nat 1, she analyzes the situation.
"Ah, i think i know what is going on. Sudden fits of fright, flying objects. We're dealing with poltergeists here. Restless spirits able to use weak telekinesis."

She looks towards the non frightened party members.
"I could detect them, but i don't have my matching spell prepared..how troublesome.", and she too steps 5ft out of line of sight.
-----------------------
The astronaut poltergeists are making no move to chase the party, or perhaps they can't....

What will be the plan?

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr shuts that door and marks with coal, or whatever he might have, a large X on the door. "You lot were rather terrified of that there. I thought you braver than that! Especially you, Brallenera!" He shakes his head at his barbarian mentor's temporary lack of composure.


Ongoing

Carr tries pulling the door shut, despite the minimal parts to hold onto.
(Sci-fi sliding door in open condition)

Str checks: 4d20 ⇒ (18, 10, 19, 20) = 67
This takes him 3 turns, during which metal objects once again fly at him.

Bunch of rolls:

3d100 ⇒ (44, 69, 9) = 122
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9 1d6 ⇒ 3
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 1d6 ⇒ 2 Hit.
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 1d6 ⇒ 1

3d100 ⇒ (91, 62, 56) = 209
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 1d6 ⇒ 4
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 1d6 ⇒ 5
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 1d6 ⇒ 4

3d100 ⇒ (51, 88, 33) = 172
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 1d6 ⇒ 6
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 1d6 ⇒ 5
Vs Carr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25 1d6 ⇒ 3
Crit?: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11 1d6 ⇒ 4

Ref Carr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ref Mylvwara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Carr is hit twice during that time, but it isn't harming him too much.
One object flung at him is a cylinder shaped object, which flies past him and bumps against the wall. Somewhere during the second round...it blows up in a 20ft radius!!

Blunt force: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 6, 4) = 20
Both Carr and Mylvwara pass a quick moment of reflexes, but take 10 dmg regardless, before Carr manages to close the door, and marks it off with the big X.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Stupid ghosts. I'll come back with a few gallons of holy water and show them what for." Carr grumbles, and knows he could have destroyed them but technically they may not have done anything wrong so it's a little wrong to send them to final death.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Aww, are we still frightened? Are we back?


Ongoing

By then you are back, yes.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, I don't like these creepy things. No need to put more shame on my shoulders,AngelFace

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22

Seeing Drexel and Brallenera returning, Ting accompanies them back into the building.


Ongoing

Don't worry, there's more spooky sh1t in this mission.

One door marked as 'leave closed', the team now gets to choose from the door ahead (east) and the right door (south). The latter of which is in the same state of opened as the one with the poltergeists was.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"You seem so tough, I would be sure nothing could frighten you, and yet it did! I am disillusioned." He feigns shock, that the dwarfess might actually be humanoid. "La, we are all of us somewhat human. Except perhaps the bird." He smiles at Ting.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, where we going now?

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 5 | HP 42/49 | AC 20/T14/FF16 | F+6/R+9/W+3 | BA+5/CMB+9/CMD23 | init+4 | Perc+11/+13 | Dis. Dev. +20+22

Not understanding Carr's sense of humor, Ting looks from the 'golden boy' to Brallenera and shrugs his shoulders. Pointing down the tunnel, "Tha' golden fella said 'e was goin' foist." He scratches his head for a moment, then leans down to Brallenera and whispers, "I's get's paid tha same's if'n I's goes foist or last wroight?"

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, I guess so. Be careful that time, Beaky, don't get killed.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Indeed, do be careful friend Ting. It would not do well for you to fall twice on my watch. I will advance first!" Carr readies his shield and sword as he advances onward.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

"Let's hope we're a little luckier with our next room," says Drexel, still looking a little spooked.


Ongoing

The door is shut tight, and the faint hint of light coming from a seam before, is gone.
Once again, Carr has to put in muscular effort to get the door to open.
It creaks with the sound of metal upon a stone floor, as it is forced open.

The eastern half of this room is a tangle of gray metal, strange engine parts, and rubble, all of which was subjected to great heat long ago, judging by the metal’s melted and scorched surfaces.
Here and there, softly glowing residues are caked onto bits and pieces of the metal. The room otherwise seems totally empty.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr enters the room, scanning about for useful information other than the glowy bits. He does look at the glowy bits, but isn't sure they're useful.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

5,801 to 5,850 of 7,001 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.