GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


5,951 to 6,000 of 7,001 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Ongoing

I figure it's more that the DC identifies what it is, along with its general associated weaknesses and traits. 15 here.
Any +5 for extra bits.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Brallenera strikes again, but seems concerned about AngelFace health

Awww, you should get some rest..

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"I'd like to, but I don't think this creature will let me!" My current issue is if I don't keep rage up, I die. If I keep rage up, I have 4 more rounds or so, until I die anyway. If I get healing, I can FURTHER heal myself to not die when rage drops, but am otherwise screwed without a Restoration.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Seeing Carr's predicament, Drexel throws caution to the wind and moves past the wraith to squeeze into the space at the very front of the structure, such that he can tap his fellow Pathfinder with his wand.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I assume I provoke an AoO for moving. Would I be considered squeezing in that position (for the -4 to AC and attack), or would you say there is enough room?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11
GM Chyro wrote:

I figure it's more that the DC identifies what it is, along with its general associated weaknesses and traits. 15 here.

Any +5 for extra bits.

Fair enough: what do I learn from my 15 then?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

Seeing that we are to battle on, Mylvwara uses her conjurer's powers to send an acid dart toward the creature.
touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Ongoing

Proper update coming tonight. I'm still at work.

Mylvwara remembers wraiths to be sentient undead of the incorporeal type, with all traits associated with them. They are particularly tenacious in their rage towards the living.


Ongoing

One dinner at grandma's later, back at the house i'm house sitting....

Brallenera hacks into the wraith, removing the THP, and dealing 1 dmg to the spirit itself.

Drexel, with part of the cockpit in ruin, and some hard corners, i'd reckon it squeezing to get past the wraith, but not squeezing in the square itself.

Aoo touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Negative energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Hit due to squeezing.
Fort Drexel vs con drain: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Con drained: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The captain'sspectral hand touches Drexel's shoulder as he moves past it to heal Carr. He feels life sucked from his body, healing the wraith and giving it back some thp.

The wand heals some of Carr's wounds.

Bzzzz-PEW!
Bzzzz-PEW!

Mylvwara's archon 1st ray chips off 5 THP, dealing 1 dmg again to the wraith. She herself flings a green acid dart at the wraith, but it passes the spirit by, hitting the fiber glass behind it.

Carr

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr having not been healed enough to get away, but at least giving him enough to not die this very moment, he takes a defensive action, hoping the wraith will be unable to strike him. Full Defense.


Ongoing

Carr's shifts his legs to a defensive pose, right leg behind the left, like some famous guy named Bruce.

Ting

Liberty's Edge

Ting studies the creature for a moment, then looks at Carr and asks "So why's ain't we's closin' tha door's loikes we's did wit the one's down tha hallyway, wroight." He then slashes at the wraith with his bastard sword.

move action: Studied target, attack: +1 bastard sword, PA, FF, ST
attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24 for damage: 1d10 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22
if the wraith is flanked please add two the attack and one to the damage for dirty fighter


Ongoing

Not flanked by you, no.

Ting is the one to make the 1st considerable hit right there, removing the THP and dealing 7 dmg. It shrieks in discomfort.
===============================

Wraith captain, round 5

The wraith makes a touchy feely attempt on Carr once more, seeing the man being quite pale.

Spectral touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Negative energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Miss! :)
---------------------
Carr & Brallenera
Drexel, Mylvwara & Ting

Liberty's Edge

GM Chyro wrote:
Not flanked by you, no.

That's what I thought

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Because fleeing would kill me just as surely as fighting!" Carr says, keeping up his defenses. "This thing has sapped my very vitality! Were I to run, it would finish me off."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

Mylvwara responds to Ting, ”Because wraiths can float through walls!”


Ongoing

^
^
That. Incorporeals can be a bane.


Ongoing

Carr keeps his defensive stance.

Brallenera
Drexel, Ting, & Mylvwara

Liberty's Edge

Ting screws his beak around, looking like he bit into something that tasted bad. Then, as if a light went on, his eyes light up and he blurts out. "Oh, well's why didn't you's say so's? Guess we's gotta redead 'is feller 'en, wroight." swinging his bastard sword in a great arch, he slashes at the wraith again.

attack: +1 bastard sword, PA, FF, ST
attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31 for damage: 1d10 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18
confirm crit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18 for damage: 1d10 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Throwing caution to the ethereal winds, Brallenera let the battle invade her body and spirit

With grim humor, she calls the undead and get right onto his face

Awww, Don't kill AngelFace, try to kill me first.. I'm used to it.

RAGE! +4 STR/CON, AC 21/10/20,+12 hp

1st Attack, RAGE!: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

2d Attack, RAGE!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

1st Attack Crit?, RAGE!: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10


Ongoing

Dicebot's handing out criticals now.
Too bad incorporeals are immune to crits.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

The Lantern Archon continues its assault.
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

And Mylvwara tries yet another acid blast.
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Ongoing

Between Brallenera and Ting, the wraith suffers 17 dmg.
Mylvwara and her archon don't land hits this round.

Drexel

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Immune to crits UNLESS you have ghost touch. Lamentably, my weapon is only +1 and not +2 or I would give it ghost touch.


Ongoing

Yes, the above. It makes my kineticist very happy to be able to deal dmg to incorporeals.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Drexel tosses aside his shield and stares the wraith down, looking for any weaknesses. Seeing an opening, he then slashes down with his falcata in a powerful, two-handed blow.

Falcata two-handed studied power attack (furious focus), with flanking, activating studied strike if a hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 241d8 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d6 ⇒ 5

Free action to drop shield, move action to study target, standard to two-handed power attack, and free action to activate studied strike upon successfully hitting.


Ongoing

Drexel hits the wraith decently, disrupting its incorporeal form as the enhanced weapon slashes through it. Its eyes seem to flare up in anger.

9 dmg, incorporeals are also immune to precicion dmg like sneak attack and studied strike.
=======================

Wraith captain, round 6

Touch vs Carr: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Negative energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fort vs con drain, PfE: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 Con drained: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sorry Carr :(

The wraith, now taking more damage than it is comfortable with, lands a final hit on Carr, sucking out his life force, draining his con to 0.
It then hovers 5ft north, escaping flank.
Carr rises in 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.
---------------------
Brallenera
Drexel, Ting, & Mylvwara

Liberty's Edge

GM Chyro wrote:
incorporeals are also immune to precicion dmg like sneak attack and studied strike.

I did not know that, I will stop adding for 'studied target'

'blast my tail feathers, there goes Carr' Watching Carr, fall, and the ghost step away, ting squawks, "So's is we's leavin' now's? Er is We's waitin' ta see who's it kill's next, wroight?"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

If everyone wants to flee, I am cool with that. Mylvwara cannot run at the moment but she can drop invisibility on herself and then make double-moves. I think we should probably just leave the ship as we are depleted and the ship now has two foes we cannot defeat.


Ongoing

Sentiment seems to be flight over fight, i have PCs who'd do the same, so i'm taking liberty to resolve this horror situation. If i'm correct, Mylvwara's lantern archon remains for 9 rounds total, being a conjurer specialist, and 7 from current on. 6+ 1/2 her wizard lvl.

With morale -and the odds- shifting to a lower level, the surviving members decide to retreat and fight another day. Their stomachs with knots, as they are forced to leave Carr's body be.

Perhaps they return later, perhaps not....
Resurrection has a long time frame.
============================

Round 5 continued.
Team pathfinder withdraws, reaching the chamber with the sleeping pods.
The archon shots two beams at the wraith.
Bzz Pew: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bzz Pew: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 1d6 ⇒ 5
2 misses.

--------------
Round 6

The wraith attacks the archon.
Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Negative: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort vs con drain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Con drained: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Team pathfinder further withdraws.
The archon fires two more rt attacks, provoking on both ranged attacks.[/ooc]
Aoo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort vs con drain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Bzz Pew: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 1d6 ⇒ 2

Aoo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort vs con drain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bzz Pew: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 1d6 ⇒ 3

While the archon is feasted upon, team pathfinder makes their escape out of the haunted spacecraft, into the mist. Considering their options, they head back to the clockwork chapel.....

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Drexel is wordless on the journey home, unusual for him. His face is a dark cloud. He had seen death, many times, and even dealt it out himself, but to lose a comrade, that was different. He cannot help but blame himself, for not preparing better.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

Mylvwara shares Drexel's pained silence, only disrupting it by flicking impatiently through her books - looking for an answer that they do not contain.

Liberty's Edge

Realizing the great loss, the generally loquacious ting, silently follows the others back to clockwork chapel.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera cries openly.

The Exchange

female Aasimar Theologian 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 30/30|F +4, R +1, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +4 CMD 14|Daylight 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

Is it just the party's imagination, or does a bittersweet dirge fill the air as they flee?


Ongoing

Once back at the chapel, the kid lets you in, and calls his mistress.

She looks surprised to see 1 less of you.
"I take it as the worst, as you don't carry his body. Sorry for yourr loss."

Two of you have obvious signs of being weakened. "I can lighten your burden for a donation."

Spellcaster services.


Ongoing

About an hour later, a new face is let in at the door.

The lad brings with him an aasimar woman, sent by the society after a seer within the ranks had a vision of your plight and mission.

Cue Nemesis entering.

The Exchange

female Aasimar Theologian 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 30/30|F +4, R +1, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +4 CMD 14|Daylight 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

"All is to ash," Smiles a stunning-looking woman by way of introduction. Her blackish-red hair is like embers, her eyes an eerie gold, and she is outfitted in a gilded breastplate and fine clothes cut and molded to accentuate her body; a broad, black shield shaped like a sunburst is strapped across her back, and at her side is a gleaming black longsword, at the other a heavy golden icon in the shape of four crossed swords.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 18:
The icon is the unholy symbol of Ymeri, Elemental Lord of Fire.

"I am Nemesis."


Ongoing

S.T.A.R.S.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

I [don't) see you!

Mylvwara makes a polite bow of the head and a pathfinders' greeting, "Well met on the Open Road."

She furrows her brow in consternation, "The sunburst and the Four Swords, I don't recognise them?"

Then she catches herself, "I am Mylvwara, wizard of this expedition. You are most welcome."

Liberty's Edge

Seeing the red headed mammal ting nods and bobs his head, "I's be ting tang, Nem I say's." He reaches under his conical helmet and scratches his head. "So's is 'at one word's er two's, wroight"

He then moves over to the priest, and asks, "By's lighten yer burden's you's means 'elps us feel betters fer gold, wroight." He then starts fishing into his coin purse. "dyin' cost me's more 'an I's expected, let's me see's what I's got's left."

OK, he has 170 gp. I will need to go calculate what he can afford, I will put it in discussion.

The Exchange

female Aasimar Theologian 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 30/30|F +4, R +1, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +4 CMD 14|Daylight 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7
Mylvwara Elberion wrote:


She furrows her brow in consternation, "The sunburst and the Four Swords, I don't recognise them?"

Nemesis raises her icon.

"Ymeri is Queen of the Inferno, Lord of Fire and Ash." She pauses, considering. "You know, most people never bother to ask...or are afraid to."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

"Yes, I imagine they do, how interesting..." Mylvwara produces a notebook and quill, "So, tell me more about Ymeri, um, how should one spell the name?"

Liberty's Edge

GM Chyro wrote:

Lesser restoration: 1-4 ability score restored, no additional cost for materials.

[Cost: 3 x 2 x10 >> 60gp]

Thanks Chyro

Turning to the priest, Ting asks, "I'f'n we's come's back tomorrow's can you's help me feel better?"

So down six, let's cast Lesser restoration a couple of times, and if he has to he can sell something to get more for a third or fourth casting


Ongoing

Dinvaya nods.

"I can."

She can cast, if she spends all said spell slots on it, cast 5 lesser restorations.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Aww, I still got some money, we can use it. And while we're here, could you tell us how to beat and destroy some life-sucking undead?

672 GP


Ongoing

"Undead?"

Dinvaya is genuinely surprised at such mention.

"Their sorts are in Scrapwall? Tell me, and i will answer what i can."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 6 hp32, AC12/12/10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7(+9), Init +2, Perception +11

Rather than paying, can’t Ting just ask Nemesis politely? We don’t seem to be heavily on the clock.

The Exchange

female Aasimar Theologian 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 30/30|F +4, R +1, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +4 CMD 14|Daylight 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7
Mylvwara Elberion wrote:
Rather than paying, can’t Ting just ask Nemesis politely? We don’t seem to be heavily on the clock.

That would be a good idea, wouldn't it? However, restoration is a 4th-level spell - not there yet.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 1/Investigator 5; hp 52/52; AC 20, Touch 11, FF 18; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4; Init +1; Perception +9 (+11 traps); inspiration 5/5

Drexel reaches into his coin pouch, and produces 380 gold pieces, which he uses to purchase a restoration spell.

He turns to Nemesis, the new arrival.

"Are you capable of casting the spell ghostbane dirge? In the past, groups I've traveled with have purchased scrolls of that spell to deal with incorporeal undead. I want to avenge our comrade Carr and destroy that wraith and any other undead in that wretched place from which we just returned."


Ongoing

With Brallenera being slightly more specific than 'life-sucking undead', since vampires do that too, Dinvaya takes her time listening.

"A dark angry spirit you say. That sounds like a wraith.
They form after traumatic events, with lingering anger or frustration about it. They direct that anger towards the living, indeed, by making those they touch suffer, absorbing the vitality they suck away."

"As you may, or may not have -yet-, seen, most of those they kill turn into wraiths themselves. It makes spells to revive them impossible until their undead form is destroyed, but it can be done afterwards."

When Drexel mentions Ghostbane Dirge, she nods.
"That is an effective spell against the incorporeal. It makes magical weapons fully effective, and allows normal weapons to slightly harm them."
=================================

And so, the following day, after getting 1 night free lodging at the little 'tavern' (for what it is worth calling such) on Dinvaya's request.
Dinvaya had been praying her goddess to lend her the restoration powers, and she casts it on Drexel and Ting, who feel their life fully returning, looking as fit as they did before encountering the wraith.

5,951 to 6,000 of 7,001 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.