DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Map of Kenabres: Link
Flex Time Thread: LINK

Loot Tracking: Link


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,775 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak shrugs off the priestess' attack and stabs at the broken wardstone with the rod of cancellation.
"Torag give me strength!" he prays as he does so...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Swift action to change judgement to fast healing 3, standard action to attack. I'm unsure on the tipe of damage if any the rod causes. Karthak AC 24 19/39 hp


Karthak:
When you get right up to the pedestal, you realize that the spiked cage is too closely woven to allow the Rod through!


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

DM-Camris:
Is there an clear way to open this "cage" or the only way is to smash it? Can Karthak act or is this turn lost?


Karthak:
You can take an action to try to damage or break it, or take a round or two to examine the cage in more detail.


Round 7 continued...

Ten foot squares.

DM-Camris
Now that you're close enough, you can see the Wardstone Chamber more clearly.
This circular room’s original purpose is unclear, but now it seems to be a trophy hall of some sort.
A low stone pedestal sits on the floor in the middle of the chamber under a domed ceiling. Atop the pedestal is an iron, barbed cage—and within the cage sits a chunk of softly glowing sacred white stone.

Voren the Outsider_____
Voren decides to use the wand on himself again, healing the wounds even more.
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11
Subtract 2 from that healing. Used the wrong CL.

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
Dropping his longsword, he draws his bow and stalks into the room, eyeing Jeslyn but staying out of reach of her scythe.
As he finishes speaking, he seizes one of the white-fletched arrows the group discovered downstairs and aims it at her!
Move: into room to 20' straight south of Jeslyn, avoiding AoOs (and drawing bow).
Standard: ready an attack with +1 holy arrow! It goes off as soon as Karthak is clear of her. (I'm assuming she's evil-aligned, at least.)
But he missed.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
Arthas launches himself at the priestess in a two handed power attack.
His mighty swing results in a shower of sparks and flashes as Radiance penetrates several layers of protections to deal a resounding smite! She jolts under the hit, but is still fighting.

Danua_____
She stepped swiftly into the room, moving to flank the woman before striking with the use of an advantage in numbers. Her blackblade flashed asmagical energy surged through it. As she swung though a dark trail followed the blades swing like it were bleeding some sort of dark energy or living shadow.
And the black blade also cried aloud as it penetrated several layers of arcane protections to deal damage to the priestess.

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
Moving up to the cage, Karthak draws an AoO.
Scythe attack vs Karthak: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 for a possible 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (2, 4) + 10 = 16 slashing damage.
When he got right up to the pedestal, he realized that the spiked cage is too closely woven to allow the Rod through!

Round 8____________________________________________
Enemies_________________________
With a cry of rage mixed with fear, the priestess lunged after Karthak!
Scythe attack vs Karthak: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 for a possible 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14 slashing damage.
This also makes her eligible for an AoO from Arthas and Danua.

DM only:

Jeslyn: 78


Round 8 cont...

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies have already gone.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Barely avoiding the foul priestess' swings Karthak decides she needs to be put down before the wardstone could be dealt with"You are getting on my nerves now you sack of pollution! Prepare to meet Torag's judgement! He will NOT be merciful!"

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

5 foot step if needed to gain flanking with the others, then attack, Karthak gains another 3 hps due to judgement this round so he's back to 22/39 hp. Btw can Karthak recover his previous turn? He didn't really get to act after all


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"I don't know why I bother with this," Jokum mutters as he tosses his bow aside. Drawing his greatsword off his back, he calls out to the priestess: "Forget the judgment of Torag, servant of the Abyss! Worry about MY judgment instead!"

If this is to be our end--and with the wardstone here, it seems it might--then I shall make such an end of it as to be remembered!

With a roar, Jokum lets go of his restraint and changes before your eyes, growing more muscular and feral as he allows the beast within him to come forth.

"DO YOU RECOGNIZE ME?!"

Drop bow, swift action: activate shifter's blessing, move action: move to flank and draw greatsword (not sure, but the move might provoke an AoO), standard action: attack!

Attack (blessing, flank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 6) + 8 = 17

Shifter's blessing rounds used: 1/5


Karthak: Yes, you have a Standard action left to use in Round 7. (You used the Move action to approach the cage.)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 -> Damage Roll: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

It seems like, unnoticed by everyone else Karthak previously tried to smash the cage with his axe...

... and probably managed to miss it!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren moves quickly into the room. He glares and shouts, "I will add my own judgement as well! I will end the Worldwound! In the name of Sarkoris! As a true child of Sarkoris! I have seen it open and I will see it close!" He then takes a deep breath and lets out a silent scream. No one else can hear it except for the abyssal priestess.

Round Actions
Move Action: Move to E10
Standard Action: Cast Ear-Piercing Scream. Deals damage and causes target to be dazed. Fortitude Save DC 14 negates daze and halves damage. Target is the priestess.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

AoO + Previous bonuses: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 18

Not one to simply let her escape Danua calmly slashed at the priestesses retreating form, hoping to score a hit. No matter how minor...

"I won't let youget away..." Though the Priestess attempt to flee was a foolhardy one as Danua simply stepped after her with her long inhuman legs swaying as she swung her blade again. This time however she was also casting a spell with her free hand, invoking Desna's image as she lashed out a third time in the span of a couple breaths at the vile Priest before her. The second hit would deposit a symbol of Desna where the blade made contact. Marking the soon to be fallen priestess of an Abyssal faith with the symbol of the Wanderer. As her attacks were noticed Danua's calm cracked as she let loose a scathing remark. "Do I have your attention now HAG?!"

5ft step - Based off on where I am on the map it appears I am not 10 ft away. Disregard if I am mistaken.

Attack with Blackblade +2 Flank(? Remove if not applicable) +2 Arthas +1 Magical: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 14

Casting Arcane Mark Defensively +Circumstance bonus for - to atk vs DC 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15

Attack with Blackblade +2 Flank(? Remove if not applicable) +2 Arthas +1 Magical: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 16

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 27
Spend an Arcane point to make her Critical modifier x3 instead of times two

Total Damage if Critical is Confirmed 48


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

AoO from Arthas

1d20 + 8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 3 + 2 = 18
1d10 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 4 = 19

"See your desperation? I am sure your masters will repay you for your failed efforts. Now let me help you make the transition and crossover to their gentle embrace!"

1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 3 = 18
1d10 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16


…also previously in Round 7…
Karthak Ironbreaker_____
It seems like, unnoticed by everyone else Karthak previously tried to smash the cage with his axe...
But his axe bounced off of the cage to no effect.


Round 8 cont...

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
Barely avoiding the foul priestess' swings Karthak decides she needs to be put down before the wardstone could be dealt with. "You are getting on my nerves now you sack of pollution! Prepare to meet Torag's judgement! He will NOT be merciful!"
He hit the priestess, who continues her strange smile, not even seeming to feel the blow.
5 foot step if needed to gain flanking with the others, then attack, Karthak gains another 3 hps due to judgement this round so he's back to 22/39 hp

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
"I don't know why I bother with this," Jokum mutters as he tosses his bow aside. Drawing his greatsword off his back, he calls out to the priestess: "Forget the judgment of Torag, servant of the Abyss! Worry about MY judgment instead!"
With a roar, Jokum lets go of his restraint and changes before your eyes, growing more muscular and feral as he allows the beast within him to come forth.
"DO YOU RECOGNIZE ME?!"
Drop bow, swift action: activate shifter's blessing, move action: move to flank and draw greatsword, standard action: attack!
But he could not hit her through her defenses.

Voren the Outsider_____
Voren moves quickly into the room. He glares and shouts, "I will add my own judgement as well! I will end the Worldwound! In the name of Sarkoris! As a true child of Sarkoris! I have seen it open and I will see it close!" He then takes a deep breath and lets out a silent scream. No one else can hear it except for the abyssal priestess.
Round Actions
Move Action: Move to E10
Standard Action: Cast Ear-Piercing Scream. Deals damage and causes target to be dazed. Fortitude Save DC 14 negates daze and halves damage. Target is the priestess.
Fort save: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 3 = 13 Fail. Takes 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 sonic damage; but because the damage was wholly absorbed by elemental resistance, she is able to shrug off the Daze effect as well.

Danua_____
Not one to simply let her escape Danua calmly slashed at the priestesses retreating form, hoping to score a hit. No matter how minor...
Her AoO deflected away from the priestess’ exceptional defenses.

"I won't let youget away..." Though the Priestess attempt to flee was a foolhardy one as Danua simply stepped after her with her long inhuman legs swaying as she swung her blade again. This time however she was also casting a spell with her free hand, invoking Desna's image as she lashed out a third time in the span of a couple breaths at the vile Priest before her. The second hit would deposit a symbol of Desna where the blade made contact. Marking the soon to be fallen priestess of an Abyssal faith with the symbol of the Wanderer. As her attacks were noticed Danua's calm cracked as she let loose a scathing remark. "Do I have your attention now HAG?!"
5ft step - Based off on where I am on the map it appears I am not 10 ft away. Disregard if I am mistaken.
Her first attack was simply brushed aside as if it were nothing.
Casting Arcane Mark Defensively +Circumstance bonus for - to atk vs DC 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
But her second attack powered through her defenses and she staggered as Danua did tremendous damage to her.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
Arthas’ AoO also was brushed aside as if it were nothing.
"See your desperation? I am sure your masters will repay you for your failed efforts. Now let me help you make the transition and crossover to their gentle embrace!"
His regular attack was also brushed aside.

Round 9_________________________________________________________

Enemies______________________
The priestess simply ignored Jokum and Arthas.
She wrinkled her forehead as Voren magically screamed in her head.

Danua wrote:
"Do I have your attention now HAG?!"

She turned away from Karthak to Danua.

”Yes, you have my attention now traitor.” She said, then lashed out with her scythe.
Scythe attack vs Danua: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 for a possible 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (1, 1) + 10 = 12 slashing damage.

DM only:

Jeslyn: 27


Round 9 cont...

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies have already gone.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas comes in with a power attack sword and board combo a slash with Radiance followed up with a bash from his enchanted cold iron dark wood shield.

"For his glory!"

Sword: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 14
1d10 + 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 4 = 15

"And my fallen brothers!"

And board: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 27
1d6 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 + 4 = 15

To Confirm
1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 25
1d6 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 + 4 = 17


And down goes Jesslyn.

She reached out feebly with her nonhuman arm as much of her body decays away as you watch.
"My Lord... I waited as long as I could..." She gasped out, then died.

Well that didn't take long...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren watches in relief as Jesslyn goes down and dies. It takes a few seconds to register before he grins widely in happiness. He jumps up and down, cheering. He looks at the others. "We did it! We did it! We won! Now, only the wardstone remains! Does anyone need healing?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Let Danua recieve healing first. She has proven herself."

Arthas stands and straightens his back.

"Let us do what we have come here to do. Then we can worry about making it out of here. I am honored to have fought beside all of you."

"May we all give thanks to the great silver dragon."


Inspecting the priestess' body, you find she is wearing:
a breastplate (masterwork),
a scroll of dispel magic (CL5),
a +1 scythe,
an amulet of natural armor +1,
a cloak of resistance +2,
the keys to several of the locked doors in the citadel,
350 gp in onyx gems (for the animate dead),
321 gp in various coinage


When you are ready, the heavy steel cage containing/protecting the wardstone is affixed to the pedestal by three heavy padlocks of excellent quality, but with the current lack of opposition you can pick or break them at your leisure.

When you have opened the cage, you behold it.
The fist sized chunk of glowing white stone; a kind of pure white marble with a brilliant filigree of silver subtly threaded through it. From its shape, it looks like it might have been once part of a large column or stelae.
And you feel it. The subtly foul aura you hardly noticed as you made your way through the Citadel is banished suddenly as if it had never been in the presence of the stone. You feel a kind of awe, and the certitude that there IS good and right somewhere in existence.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"Excellent work! It seems we've won the day... but we can't hope to restore the wardstone or to defend it against the countless horrors who roam Kenabres... Torag forgive me, now I see there's only one thing we can do... and pray for the best!" says Karthak before hitting the warstone fragment with the rod of cancellation...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods at Arthas and moves to Danua. "Do you need any healing, Danua?"

He watches as Karthak uses the rod of cancellation on the wardstone.


When Karthak makes contact with the Wardstone remnant, you see the holy glow dim for a moment.

Then...

The silver filigree blazed incandescent, then it exploded in a blast of intense golden light and the sound of an angelic choir!
Hundreds of razor-sharp shards of jagged golden stone spray outward as if in slow motion, destroying the cage the fragment was inside and shredding the bodies of Jeslyn and her dretch minions.
And yet, the explosion miraculously avoids harming the band of heroes, passing around them with no effect.

Karthak is left holding the melted stub of the Rod of Cancellation, now grey, crumbly and without any magic properties.


CUT TO: High over the Worldwound.

You are high over the worldwound, looking down as if a god, seeing everything. Especially...
You see the holy energies stored in all of the wardstones surrounding it like a necklace of brilliant pearls.
Like the waters of a vast lake formed by a dam, then the fragment just destroyed was the plug in that dam holding the waters back.
Rather than simply diffusing the wardstone’s border as the Eagle Watch theorized (and thus removing the border from possible corruption), all of the energies of the wardstones along the border rush out of the “hole” caused by the final destruction of the last and largest remnant of the Kenabres stone.

CUT TO: The wardstone chamber.

The energy of all of these simultaneously draining artifacts blasts forth, infusing the heroes with incredible power and causing them to blaze forth with golden light.


All debilitating conditions and wounds are immediately healed as the heroes are restored in an instant to full health.
All expended spells are instantly restored, and all limited use per day abilities recharge.
The heroes also gain Level 5 at this point.
The heroes are automatically stunned for a few rounds as the power surging through their bodies overwhelms every sense; it is as if every cell in your body is ripped apart in holy extacy.


CUT TO: High over the Worldwound

You see that this event does not go unnoticed.
All along the border, other wardstones blaze with golden light as well,
momentarily supercharging their effects.
Many thousands of demons are destroyed by the burst of holy light, and many more are wounded.
The demon attacks along the borders suddenly cease, and the surviving demons flee back into the depths of the Worldwound, thus they do not witness the wardstones fade into total inertness.
Although the defenders rejoice at the unexpected pulse of energy, the
fact that their greatest defense has apparently burned itself out is cause for concern...


CUT TO: A vision.

Still stunned, you receive a vision of the first wardstone being erected in the Kite here in Kenabres in 4639 AR, in a ritual involving the aid of the Hand of the Inheritor—the herald of Iomedae: a golden, winged angel with a halo of small swords around his head.
The small but incredibly detailed figure started, and turned its head in your direction.

Knowledge:History DC12:
(This event happened soon after the Second Crusade began, 77 years ago.)


JUMP CUT: A vision.

Still stunned, you see a vision of a 20-year-old Hulrun leading the burning of dozens of supposed “witches” in the courtyard of the Kite before the wardstone. You understand that this event launched the Second Crusade.

Knowledge History DC15:
(This event happened in 4665 AR, 51 years ago.)


JUMP CUT: A vision.

Still stunned, you see a vision of Khorramzadeh the Storm King leading a brazen attack on Kenabres.
The Storm King manages to strike a resounding blow with his sword against the wardstone, which suffers only the tiniest of cracks as the balor’s sword shatters.
Khorramzadeh is then attacked and forced to flee when the silver dragon Terendelev nearly kills him.

Knowledge:History DC12:
This event launches the Fourth Crusade. In the year 4692 AR, fourteen years ago.


JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of Irabeth chasing a burly dwarven man—Staunton Vhane
(leader of the Hammers of Heaven mercenary group) into the courtyard containing the wardstone. Both paladins are heavily wounded, and as Staunton backs against the wardstone, smoke rises as his back blisters and chars, and he screams in pain. He ducks to avoid one of Irabeth’s blows, then manages to smash her knee with his hammer, dropping her to the ground.
Staunton seems ready to deliver a death blow, but the sound of approaching soldiers forces him instead to back away and summon a fiendish giant wasp that he swiftly mounts and then flies away to the north, abandoning Kenabres.

Knowledge:History DC15:
This happened in the year 4712 AR, four years ago.


JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of Minagho, a beautiful demonic woman with a long thin tail, clawed hands, and curling horns protruding from where her eyes should be, placing the wardstone fragment in this room and of Jeslyn using an unholy conjuration granted by Minagho to create the cage around it before Minagho teleports away.


JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of an event you know will now never happen—Areelu Vorlesh using a deep purple Nahyndrian crystal the size of a human’s head to corrupt the fragment, causing the entire border to flash with nauseating mauve fire that devastates the border cities and transforms countless crusaders into half-fiend slaves of the Worldwound.
You realize at this point that the demons’ entire plan was to draw as many crusaders to the border to defend it from their attacks, in order to maximize the damage this event would have caused.


JUMP CUT: A vision.

Areelu, blazing with rage as she sees what happened to the demonic forces along the borderlands through a device called an imago lens, turns the device around and glares in your direction.


JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see Areelus projection from the Abyss via the imago lens appears as a somewhat transparent beautiful demonic woman with batlike wings, a horned brow, and glowing red eyes. She regards the still-stunned heroes scattered about the chamber (still glowing!) with a smoldering, furious expression.
You realize, it's not a Vision!
She says, “This only delays your kind’s extinction. But at least I can take steps to hasten your own.”
She makes a gesture, and a blaze of purple radiant sparks flow from her image into the room, flowing to, around and over you.

But...

The purple sparks seem to evaporate to no effect.
The witch seems frustrated when her mass suffocation spell fails to affect you.
She says, “The death throes of your wardstone seem to be protecting you from my magic. No matter. They cannot protect you from my slaves!”


With this, Areelu spreads wide her arms and a rift tears open in reality.
A dozen babaus tumble through into the room, and beyond them the PCs catch glimpses of even greater demons preparing to enter—vrocks, glabrezus, even a marilith—when suddenly the energy infusing them pulses back outward.
You are no longer stunned.
As this happens, the powerful energy hits the Abyssal rift and slams it shut—Areelu screams in pain as the magical feedback tears into her body, breaking bones and shredding her wings.
An instant later, her projected image vanishes—her connection to the Material Plane has been severed and she has been critically (but not mortally) wounded, but the twelve babaus that managed to clamber into the Material Plane before the rift closed remain and immediately attack!


For this battle, the heroes remain bolstered by the supercharged energy surging through their bodies. Each hero gains the following temporary template during the battle.
• Damage reduction 10/good
• Regeneration 5 (unholy damage or evil spells)
• Resist acid 10 and fire 10
• Each hero glows with bright light that automatically dispels any 3rd-level or lower darkness effect they enter.
• Each heroes attacks are treated as good for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, and deals +2d6 points of damage against creatures with the evil subtype.
• Once per round as an immediate action, a hero can roll 1d12 and add the result to any d20 roll he just made.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Apologies for the wait will get her leveled asap! A lot to read and just starting to go through it. Flying to work has been worse then normal. lol

Danua had little time to answer Voren though it was obvious she was hurt the way she was holding her side after the nasty slash the woman's enchanted Scythe had given her. She barely registered the priestess as dead as she sat back on her haunches her brow creased.

She was about to respond to Voren when the shattering of the Wardstone fragment blasted everyone in the room...

The visions rocked her and seeing the enraged face of Areelu filled her with a sense of fulfillment for having aided in stopping their diabolical plans.

When she emerged she was changed, imbued with the holy light of the heavens themselves she felt odd. It took her a moment to realize but the feeling surfaced and for the first time in a long time she felt complete. Though as her eyes came out of their unfocused state she realized she and her companions were surrounded!

With Mi Sutoresu in hand she readied herself to do battle.

Working on updating character. Will have selection posted by tomorrow at the latest.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point
DM-Camris wrote:

The silver filigree blazed incandescent, then it exploded in a blast of intense golden light and the sound of an angelic choir!

Hundreds of razor-sharp shards of jagged golden stone spray outward as if in slow motion, destroying the cage the fragment was inside and shredding the bodies of Jeslyn and her dretch minions.
And yet, the explosion miraculously avoids harming the band of heroes, passing around them with no effect.

Voren turns from Danua as the Wardstone explodes! Several shards pass through Voren, not hurting. He screams as he feels his body begin to feel charge. His hood flies back, nearly shredded by the glowing stone shards. Ayne climbs onto his forward, worried about her friend and master.

That's when the visions start. His head begins to hurt as the first vision begins...

DM-Camris wrote:

CUT TO: High over the Worldwound.

You are high over the worldwound, looking down as if a god, seeing everything. Especially...
You see the holy energies stored in all of the wardstones surrounding it like a necklace of brilliant pearls. Like the waters of a vast lake formed by a dam, then the fragment just destroyed was the plug in that dam holding the waters back. Rather than simply diffusing the wardstone’s border as the Eagle Watch theorized (and thus removing the border from possible corruption), all of the energies of the wardstones along the border rush out of the “hole” caused by the final destruction of the last and largest remnant of the Kenabres stone.

Voren looks down, shocked by the sight of the Worldwound. Tears begin to come to his eyes as he looks down at what used to be Sarkoris. The rolling hills. The green fields. The sparkling, clear blue rivers. Now all warped and perverted by the Abyss and its demon hordes. He sees the energies from the other wardstones light up. He watches in awe as they all channel the energy to their location.

DM-Camris wrote:

CUT TO: The wardstone chamber.

The energy of all of these simultaneously draining artifacts blasts forth, infusing the heroes with incredible power and causing them to blaze forth with golden light.

Voren screams as he's bathed in the golden light. He stares at the sky, golden light coming from his eyes. He screams at his familiar, "Ayne! What's going on?! It hurst!" To his surprised, he hears Ayne's voice much more clearly, as if she was actually talking to him. "I do not know, boy! But, whatever it is, it's affecting me, too! Be strong!" He clenches his head as the visions continue to come.

DM-Camris wrote:

CUT TO: High over the Worldwound

You see that this event does not go unnoticed. All along the border, other wardstones blaze with golden light as well, momentarily supercharging their effects. Many thousands of demons are destroyed by the burst of holy light, and many more are wounded. The demon attacks along the borders suddenly cease, and the surviving demons flee back into the depths of the Worldwound, thus they do not witness the wardstones fade into total inertness. Although the defenders rejoice at the unexpected pulse of energy, the fact that their greatest defense has apparently burned itself out is cause for concern...

Voren watches in continued awe as the wardstones surge in the golden energy. He gets some satisfaction as the demons die or flee. He sees the defenders celebrating. Although, he notes that the wardstones are now inert, ineffectual in their purpose. "The wardstones. They're gone. We're vulnerable to another attack." Ayne clacks a pincer and says, "Do not worry yourself to death, boy! Look at how the demons flee! Thousands of them are dead! They have suffered a great blow and will most likely be demoralized for a while!"

His head aches as another vision starts.

DM-Camris wrote:

CUT TO: A vision.

Still stunned, you receive a vision of the first wardstone being erected in the Kite here in Kenabres in 4639 AR, in a ritual involving the aid of the Hand of the Inheritor—the herald of Iomedae: a golden, winged angel with a halo of small swords around his head. The small but incredibly detailed figure started, and turned its head in your direction.

I'm assuming that, since I hit level 5 and put a rank in Knowledge (history), I can roll for these.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Voren is shocked to be seeing this. Seeing the herald of Iomedae creating the first wardstone. He continues to watch. He's shocked as the Hand turns towards him, as if he can see him. He realizes that, through research and learning about the last century, that this happened soon after the First Crusade began 77 years ago. He screams again and clutches his head as the next vision begins.

I noticed some kind of inconsistency in the dates and events. The first vision says that the first wardstone was created 77 years ago after the Second Crusade began. But the second one says that what Hulrun did launched the Second Crusade 51 years ago. I think that the wardstones were created after the First Crusade started. If I'm wrong, let me know.

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

Still stunned, you see a vision of a 20-year-old Hulrun leading the burning of dozens of supposed “witches” in the courtyard of the Kite before the wardstone. You understand that this event launched the Second Crusade.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Voren is now standing in the courtyard of the Kite. He watches as Hulrun, who he recognizes based on his body that he and his friends fought against, proceeds to burn dozens of people at the stake, all while denouncing them as witches. His tears flow freely and he sinks to his knees, lamenting the innocent souls and their fate. He realizes that he's witnessing the start of the Second Crusade back in 4665 AR, over 51 years ago. "Why? Why did he do this? They were innocent." Ayne replies, "Paranoia, most likely. Paranoia and suspicion. They hate our kind, boy. Witches and their familiars. They hate demons. They probably feared demon agents among them. That's why this happened." Voren sobs more before they turn into another scream, both in pain, as another vision comes, and in anguish, mourning the innocent souls who last their lives due to fear.

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

Still stunned, you see a vision of Khorramzadeh the Storm King leading a brazen attack on Kenabres. The Storm King manages to strike a resounding blow with his sword against the wardstone, which suffers only the tiniest of cracks as the balor’s sword shatters. Khorramzadeh is then attacked and forced to flee when the silver dragon Terendelev nearly kills him.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Voren's still on his knees when the next vision starts. He shakily stands as he sees he's in Kenabres, looking somewhat nicer than it currently does. He's in the midst of a demon assault, standing in front of the wardstone. He frantically turns from left to right, before he sees the creature leading the assault. Khorramzadeh, the Storm King. The large demon walks towards him and brings his blade down. Voren shrieks and closes his eyes. He hears a large boom. He opens his eyes and sees that the blade has hit the wardstone! However, it has appeared to resist much of the blow, only a minuscule crack the result of all the effort. That's when a mighty roar fills the air! Terendelev, the large silver dragon, flies down and attacks the demon! They fight in a way reminiscent of the way the two fought recently, as Voren witnessed it from a large wood on the outskirts of the ruined town. Voren cheers as Khorramzadeh flees, only to become somber when he remembers the dragon's severed head crashing into the city's ruins. His head hurts as it shifts to another vision, but Voren's somber mood dulls the pain.

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of Irabeth chasing a burly dwarven man—Staunton Vhane (leader of the Hammers of Heaven mercenary group) into the courtyard containing the wardstone. Both paladins are heavily wounded, and as Staunton backs against the wardstone, smoke rises as his back blisters and chars, and he screams in pain. He ducks to avoid one of Irabeth’s blows, then manages to smash her knee with his hammer, dropping her to the ground. Staunton seems ready to deliver a death blow, but the sound of approaching soldiers forces him instead to back away and summon a fiendish giant wasp that he swiftly mounts and then flies away to the north, abandoning Kenabres.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Voren stands on a road, a good distance away from the wardstone. He then sees Irabeth chasing after someone. A large, burly dwarven man. Given the description and the knowledge give by the vision, the healer realizes that this is Staunton Vhane. He then realizes that this is only a mere four years in the past. He gives chase after them, following them to the wardstone courtyard. He sees the events unfold. Staunton being outed as a demon worshipper. The fight between the two. Staunton almost ending Irabeth. The reinforcements coming in and the dwarf retreating. Voren watches the wasp fly north. He then clenches his head again and screams in pain as yet another vision starts.

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of Minagho, a beautiful demonic woman with a long thin tail, clawed hands, and curling horns protruding from where her eyes should be, placing the wardstone fragment in this room and of Jeslyn using an unholy conjuration granted by Minagho to create the cage around it before Minagho teleports away.

Voren watches as the demon, that he recognizes as Minagho, create the cage for Jeslyn. Voren clenches his head as the pain starts to become unbearable.

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of an event you know will now never happen—Areelu Vorlesh using a deep purple Nahyndrian crystal the size of a human’s head to corrupt the fragment, causing the entire border to flash with nauseating mauve fire that devastates the border cities and transforms countless crusaders into half-fiend slaves of the Worldwound. You realize at this point that the demons’ entire plan was to draw as many crusaders to the border to defend it from their attacks, in order to maximize the damage this event would have caused.

Voren stares in horror as he sees this false future. The crusaders warping into half-demons. His friends becoming slaves to the demon hordes. He sinks to his knees as the half-demons march around him. "This... this is what would have happened if we failed." He looks around as a half-fiend Arthas marches by. "All of them. All of us. Half-demon servants to Vorlesh. The attacks among the border. They were to draw us all out." Ayne simply says, "Yes. That seems to be her plan. Or at least, was her plan. Because of your actions, this future will never succeed. Now stand, boy." He stands up, half-fiend Karthak and Jokum passing through his transparent form. "I know, Ayne. I do have pride for playing a role in stopping this. Knowing that my friends will never have to succumb to this." He finally watches as Danua and himself, each with an even more twisted demonic form, walk past him. The pain starts back up as the world shifts to another vision.

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

Areelu, blazing with rage as she sees what happened to the demonic forces along the borderlands through a device called an imago lens, turns the device around and glares in your direction.

Voren glares at the distant form of Areelu. His glare continues as he returns to the real world, the pain finally lessening.

DM-Camris wrote:

You see Areelus projection from the Abyss via the imago lens appears as a somewhat transparent beautiful demonic woman with batlike wings, a horned brow, and glowing red eyes. She regards the still-stunned heroes scattered about the chamber (still glowing!) with a smoldering, furious expression.

You realize, it's not a Vision! She says, “This only delays your kind’s extinction. But at least I can take steps to hasten your own.” She makes a gesture, and a blaze of purple radiant sparks flow from her image into the room, flowing to, around and over you.

But...

The purple sparks seem to evaporate to no effect. The witch seems frustrated when her mass suffocation spell fails to affect you. She says, “The death throes of your wardstone seem to be protecting you from my magic. No matter. They cannot protect you from my slaves!”

Voren sees Areelu's form and glares at her. He feels the magic from her trying to kill him. He smiles as the spell evaporates before him. He begins to regain himself. He stands before, staring directly into her eyes.

DM-Camris wrote:

With this, Areelu spreads wide her arms and a rift tears open in reality.

A dozen babaus tumble through into the room, and beyond them the PCs catch glimpses of even greater demons preparing to enter—vrocks, glabrezus, even a marilith—when suddenly the energy infusing them pulses back outward.
As this happens, the powerful energy hits the Abyssal rift and slams it shut—Areelu screams in pain as the magical feedback tears into her body, breaking bones and shredding her wings.
An instant later, her projected image vanishes—her connection to the Material Plane has been severed and she has been critically (but not mortally) wounded, but the twelve babaus that managed to clamber into the Material Plane before the rift closed remain and immediately attack!

Voren's eyes widen at the tear opens. He sees all of the demons marching towards him. However, the remaining energy from the wardstone slams into her, closing the tear and damaging Areelu. As she screams, Voren shouts to her, "Areelu Vorlesh! You may not have heard of me! But, I know you all too well! My name is Voren! I am a child of Sarkoris! A true child of Sarkoris! I was there when you opened the Worldwound! I was celebrating my sixteenth birthday when the demons invaded! I survived in Sarkoris! I was in stasis as the world passed! But, now I'm here! And now I know my purpose! My name is Voren! I am a healer! I will heal Sarkoris of this demonic disease! And that disease is you! I will kill you! Mark my words! I will find you and kill you!" He spreads his arms. "So call as many servants as you want! It will make no difference! I will go through them all!" His stance is one of certain confidence. The hood of his robes is shredded, providing no cover to him. His eyes now glow with a golden light, eerily similar to the golden light from the wardstone. The sleeves of his robes are torn as well. Everyone can see the green fey markings on his arms and the blue, glowing Sign of the Seeker's Spiral birthmark on his left forearm. Ayne lies on top of his head, glowing from the energies of the dying wardstone. Areelu vanishes and Voren turns his gaze to the babaus. He raises his arms, magical energy in his hands. "Come, demons! Come and meet your end!"

I'm ready for this fight!


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Well, if we're doing power-up posts... :P

Jokum bellows in surprise as the wardstone explodes, then is stunned with the others by the visions he sees. The wardstone...the crusades...my life...why do I feel this way?! Why did the wardstone not shred me as it did the priestess and her ilk? As Areelu Vorlesh gazes upon them, he feels something--like a voice, or a thought--in him stiffen in anger, then begin to grow. It's almost...singing?

Gazing down at his hands, Jokum sees the claws that he's desperately been trying to keep pared back blazing with light and now shining like hardened steel. He feels the energy swirling around them, and hears Voren's cry of defiance to Vorlesh. So that's what he meant about being old... As the tiefling finishes his declaration, Jokum begins to laugh--a low, rumbling sound deep in his chest. As the demons pour forth and Areelu is booted out of this reality, he stows his sword and flexes his hands.

"Come on then!" he cries. "I may not know what I am, but I know we're more than enough for you!"


There is no Surprise of course, but who goes first?
Babau initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Too slow!

Round 1________________

Players take their turn in order of posting; enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Ten foot squares.
Bear in mind, your characters begin prone, having just recovered from Stun.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Knowledge(Planes) check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

As he comes back to his senses Karthak seethes with rage as he just saw his sworn enemy Stauton Vahne commit ultimate betrayal. So, when he considers the demons Arelu sent after them, the dwarf gives them an almost predatory grin, raising up from the floor, axe well in hand:"Now you pay!" he says as a brightly glowing warhammer suddenly materializes near to him.

Move action to raise up, then activate judgment of justice (+2 to hit) as a swift action and cast spiritual weapon as standard action


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

As his vision clears, Jokum blinks, seeing the demons fully for the first time. That's...a lot of fiends.

Clambering to his feet, he growls and draws the sword of Irabeth's family. He may want to rip them apart with his claws, but he'll settle for the blade. Taking a two-handed grip on it, he readies himself for the onslaught.

Move action to stand, then ready an attack on the first babau to come in range!

Attack! (bane, favored enemy): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 20
Damage (bane, and does the template stack?): 1d8 + 2d6 + 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + (3, 4) + (3, 3) + 5 = 20


Jokum: The template is a Holy effect and will stack with the sword's Bane effect.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Huzzah!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren stands and glares at one of the babaus. His golden eyes take on a sinister black color, almost like deep dark voids. The babau feels himself becoming weaker, his natural defenses lessening. Voren smiles at this.

Round 1 Actions
Move Action: Stand up from prone.
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on Babau A. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.

Not using my spells yet. Let's try to soften them up.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Please disregard my former post, this one will be more detailed and fitting for this event.

She had little time to respond to Voren as she gripped her injured side just as the Wardstone Fragment exploded outward. She didn't even get a chance to gloat over the hags corpse...

An odd and final thought as her body burned with unknown energies and strange visions flooded her mind...

DM-Camris wrote:

CUT TO: High over the Worldwound

You see that this event does not go unnoticed. All along the border, other wardstones blaze with golden light as well, momentarily supercharging their effects.

Many thousands of demons are destroyed by the burst of holy light, and many more are wounded.

The demon attacks along the borders suddenly cease, and the surviving demons flee back into the depths of the Worldwound, thus they do not witness the wardstones fade into total inertness.

Although the defenders rejoice at the unexpected pulse of energy, the fact that their greatest defense has apparently burned itself out is cause for concern...

Viewing this like a Goddess from on high, Danua watches in quiet solemn appreciation for the sound and brutal defeat of the forces of the Worldwound. Though when the barrier remains dark she starts to feel concerned...

DM-Camris wrote:

CUT TO: A vision.

Still stunned, you receive a vision of the first wardstone being erected in the Kite here in Kenabres in 4639 AR, in a ritual involving the aid of the Hand of the Inheritor—the herald of Iomedae: a golden, winged angel with a halo of small swords around his head.
The small but incredibly detailed figure started, and turned its head in your direction.
** spoiler omitted **

K-History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Witnessing this historic moment makes her worry more and when the Herald looks in her direction she cannot fit her need to cower from its holy presence...

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

Still stunned, you see a vision of a 20-year-old Hulrun leading the burning of dozens of supposed “witches” in the courtyard of the Kite before the wardstone. You understand that this event launched the Second Crusade.
** spoiler omitted **

K-History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

She remembered this...

It was what drove her to continue aiding in the infiltration of Kenebras, the corruption of the Mongrelfolk all in the name of Baphomet to bring an end to the cruelty of the normal races. Her days of torture by the Inquisition rose to the surface but this time she didn't question why she switched sides this time...

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

Still stunned, you see a vision of Khorramzadeh the Storm King leading a brazen attack on Kenabres. The Storm King manages to strike a resounding blow with his sword against the wardstone, which suffers only the tiniest of cracks as the balor’s sword shatters. Khorramzadeh is then attacked and forced to flee when the silver dragon Terendelev nearly kills him.
** spoiler omitted **

Seeing the Storm King made her blood freeze but the sight of the Silver Dragon made her remember the day she had been spared by the same creature in the field. She now remembered how she had hoped to see the dragon again but knew now that would be impossible. She at least had a powerful reminder that she was on the right path, with the silver scale nestled in her pocket.

K-History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of Irabeth chasing a burly dwarven man—Staunton Vhane
(leader of the Hammers of Heaven mercenary group) into the courtyard containing the wardstone. Both paladins are heavily wounded, and as Staunton backs against the wardstone, smoke rises as his back blisters and chars, and he screams in pain. He ducks to avoid one of Irabeth’s blows, then manages to smash her knee with his hammer, dropping her to the ground.

Staunton seems ready to deliver a death blow, but the sound of approaching soldiers forces him instead to back away and summon a fiendish giant wasp that he swiftly mounts and then flies away to the north, abandoning Kenabres.
** spoiler omitted **

She knew of Irabeth and the hopes she would fall to corruption, she remembered the bitterness of the cultists when they realized she wasn't so easily swayed. Staunton though she knew in her heart was still alive and hopefully she'd get the chance to bring him to heel...

K-History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of Minagho, a beautiful demonic woman with a long thin tail, clawed hands, and curling horns protruding from where her eyes should be, placing the wardstone fragment in this room and of Jeslyn using an unholy conjuration granted by Minagho to create the cage around it before Minagho teleports away.

Minagho was a creature she didn't know and instinctively feared...

She, like Staunton would be dealt with...

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see a vision of an event you know will now never happen—Areelu Vorlesh using a deep purple Nahyndrian crystal the size of a human’s head to corrupt the fragment, causing the entire border to flash with nauseating mauve fire that devastates the border cities and transforms countless crusaders into half-fiend slaves of the Worldwound.

You realize at this point that the demons’ entire plan was to draw as many crusaders to the border to defend it from their attacks, in order to maximize the damage this event would have caused.

This event still makes Danua feel fear before realization hits her and she feels quick relief as this would never occur now...

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

Areelu, blazing with rage as she sees what happened to the demonic forces along the borderlands through a device called an imago lens, turns the device around and glares in your direction.

Seeing the Areelu again made Danua feel energetic and the look of rage on the woman's face made her almost delighted to clash with her in battle!

DM-Camris wrote:

JUMP CUT: A vision.

You see Areelus projection from the Abyss via the imago lens appears as a somewhat transparent beautiful demonic woman with batlike wings, a horned brow, and glowing red eyes. She regards the still-stunned heroes scattered about the chamber (still glowing!) with a smoldering, furious expression.

You realize, it's not a Vision!

She says, “This only delays your kind’s extinction. But at least I can take steps to hasten your own.”

She makes a gesture, and a blaze of purple radiant sparks flow from her image into the room, flowing to, around and over you.

But...

The purple sparks seem to evaporate to no effect.

The witch seems frustrated when her mass suffocation spell fails to affect you.

She says, “The death throes of your wardstone seem to be protecting you from my magic. No matter. They cannot protect you from my slaves!”

She was still unable to react other then in slight surprise and amusement at Areelu's frustration

DM-Camris wrote:

With this, Areelu spreads wide her arms and a rift tears open in reality.

A dozen babaus tumble through into the room, and beyond them the PCs catch glimpses of even greater demons preparing to enter—vrocks, glabrezus, even a marilith—when suddenly the energy infusing them pulses back outward.

You are no longer stunned.

As this happens, the powerful energy hits the Abyssal rift and slams it shut—Areelu screams in pain as the magical feedback tears into her body, breaking bones and shredding her wings.

An instant later, her projected image vanishes—her connection to the Material Plane has been severed and she has been critically (but not mortally) wounded, but the twelve babaus that managed to clamber into the Material Plane before the rift closed remain and immediately attack!

The demons distracted her from the feeling that burned in her breast now, her whole body was on fire though it didn't hurt. This fire raged through her, energizing her and making her feel excited to be fighting these creatures she once coward from. Her fear was stripped away and only a calm resolve filled her now as her wounds disappeared. Without any hesitation she engaged the Babau's head on. Giving Areelu a meaningful glance just as she clashed with the demon directly in front of her swinging her blade nimbly as after closing the distance!

For this battle, the heroes remain bolstered by the supercharged energy surging through their bodies. Each hero gains the following temporary template during the battle.
• Damage reduction 10/good
• Regeneration 5 (unholy damage or evil spells)
• Resist acid 10 and fire 10
• Each hero glows with bright light that automatically dispels any 3rd-level or lower darkness effect they enter.
• Each heroes attacks are treated as good for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, and deals +2d6 points of damage against creatures with the evil subtype.
• Once per round as an immediate action, a hero can roll 1d12 and add the result to any d20 roll he just made.

ImA To be added to attack roll: 1d12 ⇒ 1
SwA Use Arcana to add +1 to the blackblade and Keen
Blackblade adds +2 to its damage for 1 minute 1/2 Blackblade Arcana left
MA: Move 30ft towards Babau "B"
Atk Babau 'B' w/ Black Blade +Holy +Keen -Piranha Strike: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 20
Damage if successfully hit: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + (1, 4) + 1 = 15


Round 1________________

Karthak Ironbreaker______

Karthak:
You know these are middle rank demons, resistant to weapons not cold iron or good aligned, moderately spell resistant, immune to electrical or poison damage, resistant to all other elements but sonic. Has a protective acid slime.

As he comes back to his senses Karthak seethes with rage as he just saw his sworn enemy Stauton Vahne commit ultimate betrayal. So, when he considers the demons Arelu sent after them, the dwarf gives them an almost predatory grin, raising up from the floor, axe well in hand:"Now you pay!" he says as a brightly glowing warhammer suddenly materializes near to him.
Move action to raise up, then activate judgment of justice (+2 to hit) as a swift action and cast spiritual weapon as standard action.
A warhammer made of shimmering force appears next to a Babau and attacks.
Caster level check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Fail! The spiritual Weapon is disrupted and disspates without inflicting any damage.

Jokum of the Breakbones______
Clambering to his feet, he growls and draws the sword of Irabeth's family. He may want to rip them apart with his claws, but he'll settle for the blade. Taking a two-handed grip on it, he readies himself for the onslaught.
Move action to stand, then ready an attack on the first babau to come in range!
Attack! (bane, favored enemy): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 20 Hit! For 20 damage.

Voren the Outsider______
Voren stands and glares at one of the babaus. His golden eyes take on a sinister black color, almost like deep dark voids. The babau feels himself becoming weaker, his natural defenses lessening. Voren smiles at this.
Move Action: Stand up from prone.
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on Babau A. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.
Will save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Fail! Babau A is -2 to AC.

Danua______
Danua is just able to stand and ready an attack.
Atk Babau w/ Black Blade +Holy +Keen -Piranha Strike: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 20 Hit! For 15 damage.

(npc) Arthas______
Arthas also stood and readied an attack.
radiance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Hit! for 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (6, 5) = 17 damage.

ENEMIES_________________________
Darkness areas dropped thickly over you, only to be burned away like paper by the golden blaze radiating from you. You see the first hints of doubt as they squint their eyes and attack, claws extended!
Red-1: Moved up to Voren and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 = 34 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.
...Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16 for a possible extra 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.
Red-2: Moved up to Voren and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 slashing damage.
Red-3: Moved up to Jokum and attacked. (Jokum’s attack is triggered and it is hit and damaged).
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 slashing damage.
Red-4: Moved up to Jokum and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 slashing damage.
Red-5: Moved up to Danua and attacked. (Danua’s attack is triggered and is hit and damaged.)
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 29 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 slashing damage.
Moved up to Danua and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 slashing damage.
Red-6: Moved up to Danua and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 slashing damage.
Red-7: Double moved around to make contact with Karthak.
Red-8: Double moved around to make contact with Karthak.
Red-9: Moved up to Voren and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.
Red-A: Moved up to Jokum and attacked. (Arthas’ attack is triggered, is hit and damaged.)
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 slashing damage.
Red-B: Moved up to Danua and attacked.
claw 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16 for a possible 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 slashing damage.

Their AC is 19, DR10/(Cold Iron or Good)
Protective Slime (Su) A layer of acidic slime coats a babau's skin. Any creature that strikes a babau with a natural attack or unarmed strike takes 1d8 points of acid damage from this slime if it fails a DC 18 Reflex save. A creature that strikes a babau with a melee weapon must make a DC 18 Reflex save or the weapon takes 1d8 points of acid damage; if this damage penetrates the weapon's hardness, the weapon gains the broken condition. Ammunition that strikes a babau is automatically destroyed after it inflicts its damage.

DM Only:

Red-1:73
Red-2:73
Red-3:53
Red-4:73
Red-5:58
Red-6:73
Red-7:73
Red-8:73
Red-9:73
Red-A:55, -2AC
Red-B:73


Round 2_____________________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


For this battle, the heroes remain bolstered by the supercharged energy surging through their bodies. Each hero gains the following temporary template during the battle.
• Damage reduction 10/good
• Regeneration 5 (unholy damage or evil spells)
• Resist acid 10 and fire 10
• Each hero glows with bright light that automatically dispels any 3rd-level or lower darkness effect they enter.
• Each heroes attacks are treated as good for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, and deals +2d6 points of damage against creatures with the evil subtype.
• Once per round as an immediate action, a hero can roll 1d12 and add the result to any d20 roll he just made.

2,651 to 2,700 of 2,775 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.