Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,801 to 15,850 of 17,396 << first < prev | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | next > last >>

Female catfolk sorceror 11

Merle will climb aboard the Dino express and haste it with a wand charge


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Round 3

Has Hamar been spotted? If not, he is going to try and get a bit more stealthy to lie in wait for whatever comes towards him. If so, I want to approach but not so close that I have 30 enemies attacking me at once. If possible, I would like to identify some squishy spellcasters that I can focus on initially.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin will Help others aboard as they start to clamber on, once we good, He will kick Bessie into high gear! (With a Nitrous charge from Merle of HASTE!) :)

Anything that gets in the way may get a free shot at the dino, but then is getting trampled! :D (And dino has a 15 foot reach with her tail!) ;)


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Double Trouble fight transition round 3

{all PCs hasted - 4/10 rounds }

Blayze: 21 [pending]
Alessia: 19 [pending]
Sophi: 15 [pending]
Rovuk: 15 [on dino ]
Hamar: 14 [Full run]
Justin: 11 [summon monster]
Merle: 10 [On dino-haste]
Karrin: 10 [pending]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min 10/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [on dino]{Spiritual Weapon 3/10 rd}{Weapons storm 2/10 rounds}

Mel and his magical weapons grab ahold of the massive Anklyosaur as he comes into being. He grins at Justin

“Nothing like riding a dino into combat! I haven’t done this since the Seventh Styx Salient!”


Bribes always welcome
Hamar of the Hyena Tribe wrote:

Round 3

Has Hamar been spotted? If not, he is going to try and get a bit more stealthy to lie in wait for whatever comes towards him. If so, I want to approach but not so close that I have 30 enemies attacking me at once. If possible, I would like to identify some squishy spellcasters that I can focus on initially.

Hamar cannot be sure if the three flying figures have spotted him. They are hovering over the camp. It is just early dawn, but there is ample light to see his surroundings, at least in some detail. The track he is on is pretty open, and three meters wide. Surrounding its sides is a crusty mound of shoveled snow and old branches about two meters tall. Beyond that is a wasteland of various stumps and underbrush with drifts of snow, some a meter deep. He could try and hide in the snow. He assumes whoever has cloaked themselves with a swarm of hornets is a spell caster, but likely not too squishy


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Initiative: Double Trouble fight transition round 3

{all PCs hasted - 4/10 rounds }

Mel and his magical weapons grab ahold of the massive Anklyosaur as he comes into being. He grins at Justin

“Nothing like riding a dino into combat! I haven’t done this since the Seventh Styx Salient!”

Justin laughs.

"I THINK I've just discovered my favorite mode of battle-transport! Sorry Goldenwing!"


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Hissing at the downed Giant, Sophie takes to the air again, flying so that she is above the others racing along the path.

Fly speed of 30' means that with Haste that jumps to 60', which means 120' per round at full tilt. She will keep pace with the others though (obviously not Hamar, who has "Flashed" ahead of us all!)


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Double Trouble fight transition round 4

{all PCs hasted - 5/10 rounds }

Blayze: 21 [riding]
Alessia: 19 [riding]
Sophi: 15 [Flying]
Rovuk: 15 [riding ]
Hamar: 14 [Full run]
Justin: 11 [riding]
Anky: 11 Stats {Hasted 1/10 rds}
Merle: 10 [riding]
Karrin: 10 [flying]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min 10/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [riding]{Spiritual Weapon 4/10 rd}{Weapons storm 3/10 rounds}

I'm assuming everyone who hasn't said is riding the dino

The dino bus roars out of the forest into the cold dawn plain like an armored wagon. Justin rides atop its short neck pointing at the distant camp and the now-visible three shapes hovering above it. Karrin and Sophi fly flank with the armored beast. Hamar is distant, but seems to have slowed his pace a bit.

Hamar is just looking for acceptable cover when he hears a loud roaring and feels a stomping behind him. His party members emerge from Pando's Forest riding a huge dinosaur. A very faint *yeehaw* can be heard in the quiet air.


New Map


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Round 4

The open road, the light, the height of the flyers, Hamar must assume he has been seen.

He moves forward once more, activating his unfettered shirt (Freedom of Movement effect) blades at the ready.

Wind Stance gives a 20% miss chance as he has moved at least 10'. Hamar is looking to get closer but not so close that foes converge on him alone. I want Hamar to be at least 50' from the nearest foe post movement so I have at least one attack if approached ideally, he would like them to come to him!


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - road warrior scene rd5

{all PCs hasted - 6/10 rounds }

Blayze: 21 [riding]
Giant 2: 21 [pending]
Alessia: 19 [riding]
Sophi: 15 [Flying]
Rovuk: 15 [riding ]
Hamar: 14 [Full run]
Justin: 11 [riding]
Anky: 11 Stats {Hasted 2/10 rds}
Merle: 10 [riding]
Karrin: 10 [flying]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min 10/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [riding]{Spiritual Weapon 5/10 rd}{Weapons storm 4/10 rounds}
Giant 1: 3 [pending]
Wasp creature: 0 [pending]

GM stuff

Spoiler:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 01d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Hamar suddenly sees the three figures disappear as he approaches the camp. He hears other noises within, shouts, clanging, and the trumpeting of mammoths

[i]There is a sudden whoosh of air from near Karrin. Three figures suddenly appear close to her. Two are giants swinging spiked chains. The third is a figure cloaked in an angry swarm of wasps. The party can hear their angry buzz.

Their inits are bad, so I'll let you post actions


New Map

optional battle music


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

Karrin would have climbed onto the dinosaur long enough to activate her belt of giant growth, it's a standard action, then hopped off when she was big and continued double moving to keep pace. If these are hill giants still Karrin is currently the same size.

"You know," Karrin says, stepping into P&Q 12-13, "I had a really great line that I was gonna use to draw you guys out, but now it's kind of spoiled, and somebody is going to have to pay for that I guess."

Karrin is going to cast dispelling touch with her first axe attack, which is basically a targeted dispel magic only Karrin casts it though her axe. She's also going to power attack to take advantage of all that power.
power attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
damage: 2d8 + 18 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 18 + (1) + (3, 5) = 30
1 cold, 8 holy damage
caster level check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
So that'll dispel one spell caster level 10 or lower, so wizards and sorcerers all get 5th level spells at level 10, so anything 5th level or lower. Start at 5th level spells and go down till Karrin dispells something.
haste bonus attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
damage: 2d8 + 18 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 18 + (6) + (4, 4) = 34
6 cold, 8 holy
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
possible crit damage: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 5, 2) = 19

Man I hope that critical takes, that's 53 damage in one hit

"Seems like it's gonna be you."


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Cartographer Monkey wrote:

New Map

optional battle music

LUV the music! :)

So those of us on the dino can see the teleporting/flying giants facing Karrin, yes?


Bribes always welcome

Quick question. Is Karrin still flying? I had assumed from earlier she was still airborne. Because these guys are about 40 feet off the ground


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
Cartographer Monkey wrote:

New Map

optional battle music

LUV the music! :)

So those of us on the dino can see the teleporting/flying giants facing Karrin, yes?

Yes they are right on top of you basically. Two giants and some wasps about 40’ straight up


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin looks at the now-giant-sized Karrin with a grin.

Then Justin looks a little more UP, and his grin fades, and his eyes do their patented get-bigger-'thiscantbegood' thing.

"What the,... FLYING giants?!? Just when I think I've seen everything."

Justin's eyes get bigger. (Yes. It IS possible.)

"Flying?!? Merle! Mel! Take out the caster!"

Holding his staff in his right hand, Justin holds out his left hand towards the giants. There is a 'click', and the mechanical sheath on his arm launches another wand from his sleeve into his waiting hand.

With a whispered, SHAZAM!, Justin triggers the wand and sends a bolt of lightning towards the giants.

If my eyesight is still good (No, its not) I am aiming for the line that passes through Q17 Or R17. IF I am looking at it right, that should pass through space occupied by both the bug-giant and the one right behind him, hitting both of them(?) Yet staying safely away from Karrin!

Lightning bolt from wand (no bonuses from caster, not like a staff. So basic 6d6 dmg)

Lightning Dmg: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 1, 6, 1) = 21


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Actually I have an idea." Merle procedes to cast fly on the dinosaur


Bribes always welcome

Justin, I’m not sure how you would draw that line without moving from your current position. Also give me Anky’s actions for this round

Merle waves her hands and pats the large Dino's back. The massive creature begins to rise into the cold dawn air


Bribes always welcome

Just did some research. I had assumed swift fly was the same as fly, but I see it has only a one round duration. So, Karrin, you are giant-sized, on the ground, and you’ll need to reach the opponents above. They are about 40 feet above you


Bribes always welcome

Everyone riding Anky please either dismount or make a DC 15 ride check. You all were basically gripping bony knobs on Anky’s hide, so if there is going to be aerial acrobatics there will be ride checks in the future. Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride...


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Ride check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Merle clings on for dear life

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Quick question. Is Karrin still flying? I had assumed from earlier she was still airborne. Because these guys are about 40 feet off the ground

Karrin has a spell called swift flight, if she needs to be flying for a round it'd not a problem, it doesn't take a move action or a standard action for her to fly, it's a free action

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Just did some research. I had assumed swift fly was the same as fly, but I see it has only a one round duration. So, Karrin, you are giant-sized, on the ground, and you’ll need to reach the opponents above. They are about 40 feet above you

also not an issue, Karrin only did a standard action this round, so she could use a move action to travel the distance, she only needs to fly 30 feet up and then she can take advantage of her 10ft reach.


Bribes always welcome

OK! Good to know

Karrin launches herself at the swarming wasps. The huge magical vermin sting her relentlessly as she aims Ferissirion for the shape within

swarm stings: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 I'll need a DC 13 Fort save or lose a point of dex from the swelling.

Ferissirion strikes true, the first swing dispelling the cloud of huge murder hornets.

Well that didn't go well for my BBEG

The form within is revealed. A giantess floats in the air, staring balefully at Karrin. She is dressed in sturdy layers of peasant-style clothing, a cut above the crude leathers her companions are sporting. A cloak of ermine fur flaps out behind her. Her skin is a subtle bluish hue and she sports very small horns on her forehead. A large scarlet spider crouches at her neck, half hidden in her long greying hair. She grips a huge greataxe in her hands. A wide leather belt at her waist has several pouches, tools, wands, and potions strapped to it.

Karrin's second swing devastates her, Ferissirion hitting right into her rib cage. The giantess cries out in sudden pain as blood begins to spurt from a telling blow

Not out quite yet...but dayyum


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Justin, I’m not sure how you would draw that line without moving from your current position. Also give me Anky’s actions for this round

Yeah, i'm drawing a line from Justins pic, but it could just be my eyes drawing an imaginary line. ;P

How about, Seeing Karrin Fly up and close in on the swarm-giant, Justin adjusts his aim up a little, and catches the two behind the swarmer? If he targets P19, that line would pass through both giants yes? :)

Justin;s plan WAS to just have the dino charge straight ahead on the path, moving full speed each round til we got to the camp. So,... still basically the same plan, but see next post. :)


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Merle Barer wrote:
"Actually I have an idea." Merle proceeds to cast fly on the dinosaur

"Ok. Wait,... WHAT?!?!"

Merle waves her hands and pats the large Dino's back. The massive creature begins to rise into the cold dawn air.

"Merle? I'm not sure this is a good idea!"

Ride check? O_o 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Justin starts to slide, but manages to wrap his arms around a large bony protrusion and hang on.

"Ok. NOW I'm sure. This is NOT a good idea!!" He shouts into the cold morning air.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

What do you want Anky to do?


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - road warrior scene rd5

{all PCs hasted - 6/10 rounds }

Blayze: 21 [pending]
Giant 2: 21 [rock toss]
Alessia: 19 [pending]
Sophi: 15 [Flying]
Rovuk: 15 [arrows ]
Hamar: 14 [Full run]
Justin: 11 [lightning]
Anky: 11 [flying] Stats {Hasted 2/10 rds}
Merle: 10 [fly on Anky]
Karrin: 10 [whackety smackety]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min 10/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [casting]{Spiritual Weapon 5/10 rd}{Weapons storm 4/10 rounds}
Giant 1: 3 [pending]
Giantess: 0 [pending]

I know you want to zap Justin, but one giant does have a decent Init and beats you

One Giant zips away F18 and reaches into a large messenger bag slung over his shoulder. He brings out a River-smoothed rock the size of a prize-winning pumpkin and chucks it at Justin’s head. In rapid succession he sends another speeding after the first

Stone chuck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d8 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Stone chuck crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d8 ⇒ 5

Stone chuck2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Mel Ride: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Mel sends his spiritual weapon towards the giantess and points at the giant next to her not engaged with anyone

“Sunfather! Roast that sh!tstain!”

A torrent of fire arcs out striking the giant

Flame strike: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 3, 1, 2, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 35

giant reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The flying giant screams in pain as the fire envelopes him

The spiritual weapon speeds to The giantess

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 161d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Rovuk ride: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Rovuk aims his arrows at the giantess

arrow 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 211d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (3) = 10

arrow 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (3) = 15

arrow 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 311d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (4) = 16


Bribes always welcome

Oops. Didn’t see Mel flunked his ride check

Mel tries to cast, but slips off Anky. He crashes to the ground


AC: 28 INIT: +4 F:7 R:3 W:7 Perception +17 hP 76 [28] Human (Oerthian-Suel) Cleric 10

Dex chk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Mel manages to make a graceful slide off of Anky as he rises into the air. He lands on his feet and continues his casting

“Can anyone cast fly on me?”


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Patrick Curtin wrote:
What do you want Anky to do?

Straight ahead charge! We need to get to the camp and nuke the tents before they ALL wake up! :)


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
What do you want Anky to do?
Straight ahead charge! We need to get to the camp and nuke the tents before they ALL wake up! :)

Brother, it’s a bit late for that. They’re in combat rounds just like you


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Quote:
I know you want to zap Justin, but one giant does have a decent Init and beats you

ACK!

Notes still a mess (welcome to my life!) ;P but that first hits, and the crit confirm hits, even with my super-duper elf-lords battle-armor spell up ;P So, 22 pts Dmg, do I need to make a check to hold onto Ankly?/Not get knocked off? (Will? Dex? ride?)

As Justin aims his wand, the giants' first boulder slams into him, flashing against his protective armor spell and concussing him even as the second boulder sails harmlessly over his head.

Ouch!! ;)


Bribes always welcome

No I’ll let your ride check stand, but I think you might need a concentration check to cast this round DC 10+damage+spell level. This doesn’t apply if that was a wand cast you were attempting


Bribes always welcome

Hamar can see the camp is in a flurry of activity. Several giants collect by the central bonfire and prepare for battle. Large messenger bags are slung over shoulders. So far, none of them have bothered to look over the close part of the road Hamar is on

Actions


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie's wings beat furiously as she rises further into the air, angling herself to get off a shot at the Giant that crossed in front of her.

Move Action: Fly forward and up to I15
Standard Action: Shoot Giant in F18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

She screeches in Avian fury as the bullet grazes the Giant's shoulder, a small spray of blood showering down onto the ground beneath.


Male Shadow Drake

Sensing Sophie's anger, Erebus' head snakes out from her neck and breathes a small ball of roiling black liquid at her foe.

Move Action: Poke head out of Sophie's body
Standard Action: Stygian Breath at Giant in F18: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Cold Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 (DC12 Reflex Save for half)


Bribes always welcome

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Is that attack ranged touch? If so then it did hit


Male Shadow Drake
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

[dice=reflex]1d20+7

Is that attack ranged touch? If so then it did hit

I honestly have no idea. I can't actually find anything that tells me what kind of attack dice I need to roll for a Breath Weapon...


Bribes always welcome
Erebus. wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

[dice=reflex]1d20+7

Is that attack ranged touch? If so then it did hit

I honestly have no idea. I can't actually find anything that tells me what kind of attack dice I need to roll for a Breath Weapon...

I actually think breath weapons are just area effect. No to hit roll needed, just a reflex for 1/2. So it hit for the three


Bribes always welcome

Game note: From this point forward you can make a DC 15 Acrobatics roll instead of Ride to stay stable on Anky. Whatever is higher. Anyone who wishes can dismount this round as a move action, no penalty. If you try to stay on and fail your check, roll a DC 15 Dex check. If you fail, you will fall prone, but suffer no damage (Anky is still fairly low). If you succeed, you will have just used a move action to land on your feet. Later rounds this might be adjusted, depending on height and amount of manuvering/damage Anky takes.

Also, in later rounds I will need a check (DC TBD) whenever an attack is made from Anky's back. Remember you are all just hanging on to protrusions, you will have to be creative to stay stable


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - road warrior scene rd5

{all PCs hasted - 6/10 rounds }

Blayze: 21 [pending]
Giant 2: 21 [rock toss-Justin]
Alessia: 19 [pending]
Sophi: 15 [gunshot-miss]
Rovuk: 15 [arrows-miss][Ride-made]
Hamar: 14 [Full run-near camp]
Justin: 11 [lightning -choose target][Ride-made]
Anky: 11 [flying] Stats {Hasted 2/10 rds}{2/10 rounds existence}
Merle: 10 [cast fly on Anky][Ride-made]
Karrin: 10 [whackety smackety]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min 10/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [Flame Strike]{Spiritual Weapon 5/10 rd}{Weapons storm 4/10 rounds}[Ride-fail]
Giant 1: 3 [pending]
Giantess: 0 [pending]

I'm going to move Anky forward this round, and assume he doesn't go much higher than 5 feet off the ground. Everyone who has not, make that Ride/Acrobatics check I mentioned above

The Ankylosaurus shoots ahead, its stumpy legs scrabbling a few feet off the ground as it heads towards the camp. The riders feel him sway as the new-found flight power makes him a bit unstable.


Updated Rd 5 map


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Round 5

How far are the Giants from Hamar as he is not able to fight in mid-air, sadly. Several as in 4 7, or 10? :-) If he races into the camp, is there any way to take cover in a hit and run type scenario? Hamar is not so much the fool that he will try and fight several Giants alone.


Bribes always welcome

I'll get a map straight soon


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
No I’ll let your ride check stand, but I think you might need a concentration check to cast this round DC 10+damage+spell level. This doesn’t apply if that was a wand cast you were attempting

Thenk Yew. Yep. its the Ye Olde Lightning Bolt Wand. Presuming that Ankly moved first since Justin was getting 'hammered', he'll try that lightning wand cast from the new angle, trying to catch both the giantess and her close guard in the line of effect. :) (Just use the same Dmg rolls from above?)


Camp Map

Note Hamar that you are not this close, I am just leaving you on the edge for now. This is what you see, they will likely notice you next round unless you do something to conceal yourself


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
No I’ll let your ride check stand, but I think you might need a concentration check to cast this round DC 10+damage+spell level. This doesn’t apply if that was a wand cast you were attempting
Thenk Yew. Yep. its the Ye Olde Lightning Bolt Wand. Presuming that Ankly moved first since Justin was getting 'hammered', he'll try that lightning wand cast from the new angle, trying to catch both the giantess and her close guard in the line of effect. :) (Just use the same Dmg rolls from above?)

LOL. The only problem I see with your new angle is that you will also have three party members in the line of effect. Remember a lightning bolt isn't selective. If you want to cast before Anky moved you could get one of any of them. If after, only aiming at Giant 2 wouldn't cause collateral damage. Your choice


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

LOL, well Justin would like to NOT take out any of his friends! (He doesn't have THAT many to spare!) ;P So Giant 2 it is please. :)

15,801 to 15,850 of 17,396 << first < prev | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.