Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,751 to 15,800 of 17,395 << first < prev | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
Merle will use the wand of haste on herself and Blayze "Go get em."

I had assumed you had hasted everyone before you all split up. This would be round 2 of 10 for that haste


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Alright Merle will instead magic missile the closest giant

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3, 4) + 5 = 20


Bribes always welcome

Merle’s bolts streak out and slam into the giant. He howls as the magical bolts give him an unpleasant shock


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin grumbles and looks at the sky.

"NO plan survives first contact with the enemy. Can we at least MAKE contact with the enemy before our plans go sideways? Just Once?!?" Justin hisses with only Memnon still close enough to hear.

"Stay close cue-ball! We have to get the guards down BEFORE they can sound an alarm. Or else this party is gonna get REAL exciting, REAL quick!"

"I just wanted to sneak in and firebomb the tents. Why can't anything EVER be EASY?"
The wizard hisses as he moves forward as quickly as he can (with the assistance of Merle's haste spell) through the difficult brush.

So, 1/2 speed + haste spell = normal movement?

Justin will move towards being in line of sight, and within range (at least 100' or closer) of the guards. So he's headed towards K18 this round(?) if he makes it does he have line of sight?


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Justin Case wrote:

Justin grumbles and looks at the sky.

"NO plan survives first contact with the enemy. Can we at least MAKE contact with the enemy before our plans go sideways? Just Once?!?" Justin hisses with only Memnon still close enough to hear.

"Stay close cue-ball! We have to get the guards down BEFORE they can sound an alarm. Or else this party is gonna get REAL exciting, REAL quick!"

"I just wanted to sneak in and firebomb the tents. Why can't anything EVER be EASY?"
The wizard hisses as he moves forward as quickly as he can (with the assistance of Merle's haste spell) through the difficult brush.

So, 1/2 speed + haste spell = normal movement?

Justin will move towards being in line of sight, and within range (at least 100' or closer) of the guards. So he's headed towards K18 this round(?) if he makes it does he have line of sight?

yes normal movement with haste through this crusty snow-laden bramble-strewn underbrush


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

As the giant turns to face the source of the pain from Merle's attack, Blayze opens fire, emptying both barrels and with a mere thought, loading a third before firing the shot.

Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Magic/piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Magic/piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Magic/piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Haste, Full attack, swift action to load third bullet


Bribes always welcome

Blayze finds the giant an easy target, her bullets smashing into the giant. He howls and clutches his side, as trickles of blood ooze from his chain shirt


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

Karrin will cast swift flight and double move into Q30, eating any AoO, next round she'll be able to unleash hell.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin stops at the sound of gunfire, winces, clenches his teeth and hands, looks up at the sky (he looks like he can't decide whether to plead with whatever is up there, or strangle it), and looks forward once more. His mouth is clenched so tight Memnon can't see his lips.

"Right. Sneaky go bye-bye. Time to unleash H@%%. And I plan to unleash first. ON them. Before they unleash on us!"

Justin kicks up his magically enhanced heels and finishes dashing through the vershnickita underbrush to his chosen break in the treeline.


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:


Justin will move towards being in line of sight, and within range (at least 100' or closer) of the guards. So he's headed towards K18 this round(?) if he makes it does he have line of sight?

He can see the giants through the trees, but any attack that needs a roll to hit will be considered done with the concealment 20% miss chance


Bribes always welcome

Karrin sprints at full speed up to the giant.
He sees her coming and whirls his heavy spiked chain at her

atk/dam: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 342d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 1) + 14 = 19


Updated Map

Photobucket did me a favor. This system is so much better


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Double Trouble fight round 1

Blayze: 21 [gunshots]
Alessia: 19 [move/hold action]
Giant 1:16 [rock chuck]
Rovuk: 15 [arrow]
Giant 2:13 [rock chuck]
Hamar: 14 [R23 move]
Justin: 11 [K18 move]
Merle: 10 [magic missile]
Karrin: 10 [Q30 move]
Mel: 9 [spiritual weapon]

OK I think that is it. NEW ROUND! (unless Alessia wants another action)

The party rushes through the thick tree canopy. Old tangled brambles snag their magically-enhanced limbs, and their blurring feet plunge into half-meter crusty snowdrifts as they run towards the large distant figures. The loud *CRACK* of gunfire echoes over the dawn air. A chorus of trumpetings can be heard from the mammoths penned up by the giant camp


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

For the New round!

Justin smiles at the giant he can see (if barely) through the trees and brush. He aims his staff as if it were some sort of magical crossbow, and hisses "Forzare! Extremis!" sending forth a rapid-fire volley of magical blue bolts whizzing through the trees, dodging obstacles to slam unerringly into their target.

"I gotta figure out how to get my Fireballs to do that!" Justin says smugly to Memnon, kicking up his heels to move as swiftly as he can to a new position.

Fully (over)enhanced Magic Missile spell, 6 bolts, target is Giant #1.

Dmg: 6d4 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 3, 1, 4) + 6 + 5 = 25

Justin moves again, making for position Q19, right behind Alessia :)


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Move action to get to Q20, readying a standard action, will attempt to demoralize enemies once they're within 30 feet.

Alessia will use her readied action to attempt her best Fran Walsh impression:

As the giants begin their attack, Alessia spreads her arms wide, sword and shield upraised, and lets out an inhuman shriek.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Karrin FLIES at full speed up to the giant.

He sees her coming and whirls his heavy spiked chain at her

[dice=atk/dam]1d20+19;2d6+14

Hmm can they throw rocks and then take an AoO with a two handed weapon? Pretty sure a giant's fists are natural weapons so they can still punch Karrin but I'm not sure they can use ranged and wield the spiked chains at the same time.


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie raises Sophie's Choice at the closest Giant blow her and fires at it, letting loose a hail of bullets.

Full Attack Action
Fire at Giant 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Fire at Giant 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Fire at Giant 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
The last shot was a Misfire - Sophie's Choice now has the Broken Condition

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

She lets out an avian screech of rage as her last shot causes a fizzing plume of smoke to issue from the end of her weapon. She concentrates for a second and then streaks forward to land behind the Giant, brandishing Sophie's Folly in anticipation of retaliation.
Swift Action: Activate her Quick Runner's Shirt to move to O34


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Seeing her new companions converging on her previous target, Blayze makes a break to dash around the tree cover, flanking the other isn't and reloading as she does.

Move Hasted/Difficult terrain 30ft movement to T, 36. Reload gun


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Karrin FLIES at full speed up to the giant.

He sees her coming and whirls his heavy spiked chain at her

Hmm can they throw rocks and then take an AoO with a two handed weapon? Pretty sure a giant's fists are natural weapons so they can still punch Karrin but I'm not sure they can use ranged and wield the spiked chains at the same time.

You are correct. Please disregard previous roll

The giant sees Karrin coming and swipes at her with a massive fist

Atk: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

dam: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bribes always welcome
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:

Sophie raises Sophie's Choice at the closest Giant blow her and fires at it, letting loose a hail of bullets.

The last shot was a Misfire - Sophie's Choice now has the Broken Condition

She lets out an avian screech of rage as her last shot causes a fizzing plume of smoke to issue from the end of her weapon. She concentrates for a second and then streaks forward to land behind the Giant, brandishing Sophie's Folly in anticipation of retaliation.
Swift Action: Activate her Quick Runner's Shirt to move to O34

Do guns crit? You have a natty 20 in there

The Giant notices the ‘harpy’ flying up to him and lashes out with his fist

ATK: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
DAM: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Bribes always welcome
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Move action to get to Q20, readying a standard action, will attempt to demoralize enemies once they're within 30 feet.

Alessia will use her readied action to attempt her best Fran Walsh impression:

As the giants begin their attack, Alessia spreads her arms wide, sword and shield upraised, and lets out an inhuman shriek.

[dice="Intimidate]1d20+15

The two giants look at Alessia in stark fear

Shaken condition for 3 rounds. People smacked by aoo take two points off the attack number to determine if giants hit.


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

For the New round!

Justin smiles at the giant he can see (if barely) through the trees and brush. He aims his staff as if it were some sort of magical crossbow, and hisses "Forzare! Extremis!" sending forth a rapid-fire volley of magical blue bolts whizzing through the trees, dodging obstacles to slam unerringly into their target.

"I gotta figure out how to get my Fireballs to do that!" Justin says smugly to Memnon, kicking up his heels to move as swiftly as he can to a new position.

Fully (over)enhanced Magic Missile spell, 6 bolts, target is Giant #1.

Dmg: 6d4+6+5

Justin moves again, making for position Q19, right behind Alessia :)

The blue bolts slam into the giant, eliciting a howl


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Do guns crit? You have a natty 20 in there

Oh yeah, they do! *forehead slap*

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
If that hits, which I very highly doubt, I have a x4 Crit Modifier, so that would be 24 damage instead of 6 for that hit.


Bribes always welcome
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Do guns crit? You have a natty 20 in there

Oh yeah, they do! *forehead slap*

[dice=Crit Confirmation]1d20+8
If that hits, which I very highly doubt, I have a x4 Crit Modifier, so that would be 24 damage instead of 6 for that hit.

Actually their touch AC is super bad. They’re big and slow. That hit

Sophi’s shot blasts into the giant. It must have hit something important, as the large creature howls loudly

dont you roll 4d8 instead of multiplying??


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Move action to get to Q20, readying a standard action, will attempt to demoralize enemies once they're within 30 feet.

Alessia will use her readied action to attempt her best Fran Walsh impression:

As the giants begin their attack, Alessia spreads her arms wide, sword and shield upraised, and lets out an inhuman shriek.

[dice="Intimidate]1d20+15

Justin, standing behind Alessia, takes a small, slow, but clear step away from the armored Warrioress.


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
dont you roll 4d8 instead of multiplying??

You are correct once again... It's been far too long since I've played :'(

Critical Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 8) = 15
So 21 damage in total


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Double Trouble fight round 2

{all PCs hasted - 3/10rds}

Blayze: 21 [gunshots]
Alessia: 19 [pending]
Giant 1:16 [chain]{shaken 1/3}
Sophi: 15 [gunshots]
Rovuk: 15 [arrow]
Giant 2:13 [chain]{shaken 1/3}
Hamar: 14 [R23 move]
Justin: 11 [magic missile]
Merle: 10 [pending]
Karrin: 10 [pending]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min}
Mel: 9 [spiritual weapon/Weapons storm]

Rovuk sends a stream of arrows towards the second giant

atkdam: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 261d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (6) = 13
atkdam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12
atkdam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (1) = 12

Two find their mark

Mel's spiritual weapon continues its attack.
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The first giant grabs the evil spiked chain from his belt and lashes it out at Sophi

chain atkdam: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 292d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 5) + 14 = 23

The second does the same to Karrin

chain atkdam: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 392d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 = 20

the lash of the chain scores deeply on the flying tiefling

chain crit confirm: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 332d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC: 28 INIT: +4 F:7 R:3 W:7 Perception +17 hP 76 [28] Human (Oerthian-Suel) Cleric 10

Mel begins another prayer

"Sunfather, I need more sticks to beat this donkey with!"

Three glowing simulacra of his big mace suddenly appear around him. He strides forward to position himself close by the giant near him


Bribes always welcome

Forgot this one

Rovuk's haste arrow: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 221d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6) = 11

Screwed up the spiritual weapon too
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Spiritual Weapon atk 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d8 ⇒ 1
Well damn. I'm giving that a rolling crit chance
crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 ⇒ 2

I also forgot to factor the shaken condition into the giant's attacks, so please take 2 points off the roll when figuring out whether they hit. Sorry, lots of moving parts here :D

GM Note:

Spoiler:
add 10 pts to stoneskin tally

The second giant has taken the brunt of the party's damage. He bleeds from several arrow wounds and bullet holes, and looks like he has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Merle attempts to help bannana peel on his way with a magic missile

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 2, 2) + 5 = 18


Bribes always welcome

The bolts strike true and the giant topples to the ground.

One down, one to go ...


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Double Trouble fight round 2

{all PCs hasted - 3/10rds}

Blayze: 21 [gunshots]
Alessia: 19 [pending]
Giant 1:16 [chain]{shaken 1/3rds}
Sophi: 15 [gunshots]
Rovuk: 15 [arrow]
Giant 2:13 [DEAD]
Hamar: 14 [R23 move]
Justin: 11 [magic missile]
Merle: 10 [magic missile-kill]
Karrin: 10 [pending]{Bull's Str1/10 min}{stoneskin1/100min 10/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [spiritual weapon/Weapons storm]


NEW MAP


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

"Timberrrr!" Justin chuckles as the first giant falls. (From safely behind Alessia)

LUV your descriptions Pat! "One foot in the grave, and another on a banana peel', Priceless! :D


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2

Double move at normal speed to O31


Bribes always welcome

As Alessia runs up the giant swings his chain around

AoO atkdam: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 352d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 2) + 14 = 21


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

Karrin is going to try to use acrobatics to avoid the frost giant's AoO
acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
If that result is higher that the giant's CMD than no AoO for him, if not Karrin provokes, but he may not have combat reflexes in which case he's out of AoO for this round anyways.

Karrin then power attacks the giant, looking to enjoy all the new found STR:
attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
damage: 1d12 + 16 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 16 + (2, 3) = 29
Haste attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
damage: 1d12 + 16 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 16 + (2, 6) = 28
Now that Ferissirion is a holy weapon he deals 2D6 damage to evil creatures. If these slave owning frost giants aren't evil you can remove the 2D6 damage. Also I didn't include Ferissirion's cold damage because if any monster we fight here is immune to cold damage it's a frost giant.


Bribes always welcome

Karrin didn't beat the CMD, but these guys don't have combat reflexes, so no additional AoO. This guy is a hill giant, not a frost giant, so no immunity to cold. And he is Chaotic Evil

Both swings of the giant blue axe hit home, the power of Karrin's magically-augmented swings splashing out gouts of blood that snap and sparkle in the dawn light as the red sprays freeze in mid air and rain down as bloody snowflakes

NEW ROUND! POST 'EM!!


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2

On her action: full attack (2 attacks), plus 1 at highest attack bonus (haste):

Spoiler:

+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 +1 if first attack hits
+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 +1 if first or second attack hits, +2 if both hit


Bribes always welcome

First and third hit

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Karrin didn't beat the CMD, but these guys don't have combat reflexes, so no additional AoO. This guy is a hill giant, not a frost giant, so no immunity to cold. And he is Chaotic Evil

Oh! Then add this 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Behind Alessia, Justin curses in a mixture of languages.

"Too much noise. We have to hurry. We need to get to the camp now!"

Justin slams the end of his staff on the ground,....
Re-insert original summoning scene here! :)

As teh back of the Stegosaurus raises beneath him, Justin calls out.

"HAng on Alessia! We're going for a ride! Rovuk! HAmar! This wagon is leaving! Get on or get left!"


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
First and third hit

Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 plus energy drain

Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 11 plus energy drain


Bribes always welcome

Alessia feels the crude life force of the giant flow into her. The giant staggers and falls, smashing into the forest floor

Justin summons his Dino friend, the large stegosaurus appearing among the trees, bellowing.

OK the path is clear, feel free to decide your next moves


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin plans to get to the edge of the camp asap, and fireball before EVERYONE comes out to see what the commotion was about,... :)

EDIT- If I'm not mistaken I believe that the summons gets one action THIS round? If so, then I'm kicking the dino into gear! :)


Bribes always welcome

It is an 1/8 mile (660ft) to the camp from the tree line. What is the movement rate of sir Dino?


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
It is an 1/8 mile (660ft) to the camp from the tree line. What is the movement rate of sir Dino?

30 feet. So soon as we get him Hasted it'll be 60'. And of course he can always run/charge. :)

HERE'S the link to the stats

With Improved overrun, and improved bull rush, I feel sorry for the giant that gets in the way! ;P And dont get hit by the tail! It has a 15' reach, even more than the Giants! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar's footfalls in the snow are slow and burdensome. He looks for an opportunity to attack but his foes have the battle in hand before he even starts his charge. He shrugs, There is more death to be had ahead...

Hamar will move at a full run towards the camp now that the element of surprise is lost.

Assuming full run that's 340' which should get him about half way there Round 2/3. Done moving now, back to regular posting.


Bribes always welcome

Hamar sees the way things are going and he sprints out of cover of the forest while the others finish up the last sentry. The cart track is firm enough ground, and his feet speed over the icy ground as he heads towards the tents.

Ahead of him he sees three shapes rise into the air. Two giants wielding chains like the sentries flank a shifting mass of insects. A dark humanoid form can be dimly seen within the huge swarm


Bribes always welcome

OK - round three

Justin summons his mount and those who wish climb aboard. Hamar has sprinted ahead down the path.

Everyone please post up their round three intentions. Haste still applies, we are still in combat rounds.

1 to 50 of 17,395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.