Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,951 to 16,000 of 17,396 << first < prev | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | next > last >>

Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Merle targets one of the giants hastily setting up in camp

1d20+2

He jerks like a fish on a line as 1.21 gigawatts surges through him

Justin shrugs,

"I'm fond of the 'Boom!', but that works too!"


New map

Apologies I thought I had posted this previously


Even newer map

It's an odd splice, but you can see the camp now


Bribes always welcome

OK Here's the time hacks: Mel - One rd, Sophi - 2 rds, Karrin and Alessia - three rounds


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - camp rd 9

{all PCs hasted - 10/10 rounds }

Blayze: 21 [Pending]
Alessia: 19 [flying back 1/3 rds]
Loggers: 19 [tossing rocks -Justin/Anky/Rovuk]
Camp Captain: 17 [rock toss - Merle]
Sophi: 15 [Flying back 1/2 rds]
Rovuk: 15 [riding -arrows ]
Hamar: 14 [acrobatics-mammoth]
Justin: 11 [fireball]
Anky: 11 Stats {Duration 6/10 rds}{Hasted 6/10 rds} {flight 1/10 mins}[Flying to camp]
Merle: 10 [lightning bolt]
Karrin: 10 [running to camp 1/3 rds ]{Bull's Str2/10 min}{stoneskin2/100min 40/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [riding 1/1 rds]{Spiritual Weapon 9/10 rd}{Weapons storm 8/10 rounds}
Silver: 9 Stats{2/10 rds summoned}

The Camp insiders start peppering the group with large rocks

Captain's rock on Merle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d8 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

The other three pitch stones at other targets

Logger's rock on Justin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Logger's rock on Anky: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Logger's rock on Rovuk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Just Blayze and then new round


Bribes always welcome
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:

Sophie will fly into the camp and unleash Sophie's Choice at the closest Giant. I couldn't see a new map so I'm not sure where she'll end up or shoot to, sorry

"How many of theses Giants are there?" she screeches.

Move Action: Fly (up to) 80' into the camp
[dice=First Shot]1d20+12-2
[dice=Damage]1d8+1

This is her last chambered round, so after this she'll either have to reload, or take it to melee

You are still a whole map and another away, so effectively out of range


Bribes always welcome

Hamar leads his ride and his herd after the giant. He sees the old giant and his wolf making a beeline for the nearby forest

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Once Merle's Haste runs out, Sophie will drink her own Haste Extract next round so she can be back into the fight quicker.


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - camp rd 10

{all PCs [b]ARE NO LONGER hasted - DONE }[/b]

Blayze: 21 [Pending]
Alessia: 19 [flying back 2/3 rds]
Loggers: 19 [tossing rocks -Justin/Anky/Rovuk]
Camp Captain: 17 [rock toss - Merle]
Sophi: 15 [pending]hasted 1/?rounds}
Rovuk: 15 [riding -arrows ]
Hamar: 14 [riding to catch runaway]
Justin: 11 [pending]
Anky: 11 Stats {Duration 7/10 rds}{Hasted 6/10 rds} {flight 1/10 mins}[Arrival]
Merle: 10 [Channel energy]
Karrin: 10 [running to camp 2/3 rds ]{Bull's Str2/10 min}{stoneskin2/100min 40/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [riding 1/1 rds]{Spiritual Weapon 10/10 rd}{Weapons storm 9/10 rounds}
Silver: 9 Stats{3/10 rds summoned}

Sophi whats the duration of your haste?

Rovuk fires at the giants guarding the camp. He aims at the one Merle electrocuted

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

ATK 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 361d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (2) = 12
ATK 2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 301d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (4) = 16
ATK 3: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 201d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (5) = 14

Yon giant is not happy

The two prone giants in the back stand up and move to assist their comrades. They also start tossing rocks

Loggers:
Atk 1-Justin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Atk 2 -Merle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Atk 3 -Blayze: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Atk 4 -Merle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Atk 5 -Anky: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Memnon dodges the rock sailing towards Justin

"WOW! That was a close one huh? Oh... sorry"

The bigger captain rushes out with his chain to try and take out Justin

Spiked chain - Justin: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 282d8 + 14 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 = 20


AC: 28 INIT: +4 F:7 R:3 W:7 Perception +17 hP 76 [28] Human (Oerthian-Suel) Cleric 10

The party isn't feeling all that great when a loud voice shouts behind them

"SUNFATHER! HEAL THESE KNUCKLEHEADS, EVEN THOUGH THEY LEFT THEIR CLERIC BEHIND!"

Channel Energy: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 3, 4) = 22

That's everyone on Anky, and Anky

He sends his spiritual weapon streaking out to hit the captain on Justin

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin grimaces at Mel's shout.

"Oh yeah. Whoops. Um, I'm gonna hear about THAT one for a while I think."
Justin says aloud as he sizes up the giants.

He sighs an audible sigh of relief as the healing washes over him, causing his disjointed nose to snap back into place, and his bleeding and bruises from the previous rock to heal.

"Yep, I deserve it. And Totally worth it." he says grinning.
(Inside he wonders, is it wrong to be both grateful for Mel's obvious skills, and yet still miss the familiar warm sting of Ekkur's flame-channeled healing? Eh, he'll ponder THAT one over a drink with Mel. Later.)

He flinches as the well-armed giants' spiked chain attack actually draws sparks from his mystical armor.

"Watch yourself Memnon! Your head may be made of rocks, but I think in THIS case, the bigger rock wins!" He warns his hastily bouncing companion.

"Aw thanks Justin! I KNEW that you appreciated my superior,... Hey,...waitaminute! AreYouSayingThatIHaveRocksInMy,...?!?"

"Whoops! Sorry, gotta line up this shot!" Justin says hastily.

Using his active flight spell to steady himself, Justin 'stands' on Anky's back.

"It's time to deliver Pando's message."

Placing the fingers of his hands in the 'Fire' position, he begins the gestures to his (current) favorite, enhanced, spell. 'The Big Bang'.

He begins by drawing a flaming sigil in the air in front of him, which hangs there as he activates his amulet and ring, which both glow in synch with the sigil as he gathers a ball of flame in between his hands and chants,..

"Haa, Mae, Kaa, Mae,..."

Thrusting the ball of flame with both hands through the sigil, Justin cries, "FuegoExplosivenessIntensicusMaximus!"

And send a small, brightly glowing meteor of fire roaring towards the giants,...

Short version: With all feats, bonuses and items, it is a 14d6 Empowered, Intensified Fireball. If I am counting right (No promises) IF I aim it at M11, it should engulf or touch a good portion of 3 giants and the closest tent. AND still stop short of Anky by 5' or so.

Fireball damage, Ref DC:19 for 1/2 dmg:
14d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 2, 6, 2) + 10 = 69
Plus 1/2 damage= 103 fire dmg total


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Sophi: 15 [pending]hasted 1/?rounds}

Sophi whats the duration of your haste?

9 rounds


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Oh yeah I knew we were forgetting something." Merle giving the priest a quick glance before turning to lob another lightning bolt at the nearest giant

reflex 18 to half

Damage 10d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 3, 6, 6, 6, 2, 1, 2) = 35


Bribes always welcome
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Sophi: 15 [pending]hasted 1/?rounds}

Sophi whats the duration of your haste?

9 rounds

With haste, consider yourself in range to shoot


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Sophi: 15 [pending]hasted 1/?rounds}

Sophi whats the duration of your haste?

9 rounds
With haste, consider yourself in range to shoot

Should I just use the last unused roll, or roll again?


Bribes always welcome

Thats fine, I’ll recycle


Bribes always welcome

[occ]Oh, and Justin ... could I have an ride or acrobatics roll? ;)[/ooc]


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
[occ]Oh, and Justin ... could I have an ride or acrobatics roll? ;)[/ooc]

I'm still using the Fly spell, but yes? ;)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Bribes always welcome

Oh. Disregard then


Bribes always welcome

Merle you’re still riding right? If so, I’ll need an acrobatic check


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Did Merle not fall off the dino already or was it assumed we all clamberd back on at somepoint?

Ride check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:

Did Merle not fall off the dino already or was it assumed we all clamberd back on at somepoint?

Ride check
1d20+5

OK yeah you had. I’m going to just stop there anyway, Anky is done traveling


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Awww,... no mid-air giant trampling?!? ;)


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
Awww,... no mid-air giant trampling?!? ;)

I think it’s time for everyone to hop off. If Anky wants to trample that’s on you


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Yah, that's fair. His primary purpose was to make sure we could get through any giant interference in getting here. ;)


Bribes always welcome

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Two of the logger giants shrivel up. The captain looks well singed


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - camp rd 10

{all PCs [b]ARE NO LONGER hasted - DONE }[/b]

Blayze: 21 [Pending]
Alessia: 19 [flying back 2/3 rds]
Loggers: 19 [tossing rocks -Justin/Anky/Rovuk]
Camp Captain: 17 [rock toss - Merle]
Sophi: 15 [gun]hasted 1/?rounds}
Rovuk: 15 [riding -arrows ]
Hamar: 14 [riding to catch runaway]
Justin: 11 [BOOM!]
Anky: 11 Stats {Duration 7/10 rds}{Hasted 6/10 rds} {flight 1/10 mins}[Arrival]
Merle: 10 [lightning]
Karrin: 10 [running to camp 2/3 rds ]{Bull's Str2/10 min}{stoneskin2/100min 40/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [channel energy]{Spiritual Weapon 10/10 rd}{Weapons storm 9/10 rounds}
Silver: 9 Stats{3/10 rds summoned}

Sophi hits the captain with her bullet. Her musket is now empty

OK. Blayze is going to hold action again, so another new round!


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Giant trouble - camp rd 11

{all PCs ARE NO LONGER hasted - DONE }

Blayze: 21 [Pending]
Alessia: 19 [flying back 3/3 rds]
Loggers: 19 [tossing rocks -Justin/merle]
Camp Captain: 17 [chain -Justin]
Sophi: 15 [pending] {hasted 2/9 rounds}
Rovuk: 15 [arrows ]
Hamar: 14 [riding to catch runaway]
Justin: 11 [pending]
Anky: 11 Stats {Duration 8/10 rds}{Hasted 6/10 rds} {flight 1/10 mins}[Arrival]
Merle: 10 [pending]
Karrin: 10 [running to camp 3/3 rds ]{Bull's Str2/10 min}{stoneskin2/100min 40/100 HP}
Mel: 9 [atk-miss]{Weapons storm 10/10 rounds}
Silver: 9 Stats{4/10 rds summoned}

The singed captain strides forward to Justin, whirling his chain

chain/Justin: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 362d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 1) + 14 = 19

The vicious barbed chain whips out and lashes the hapless wizard

Rovuk sights the captain

Rovuk arrow 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 361d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (5) = 14
Rovuk arrow 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 161d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (4) = 11
Rovuk arrow 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (2) = 7

The giant falls, an arrow jutting from his eye

The last front-line logger swings his axe at Mel

atk 1 mel: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 152d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 7) + 10 = 21
atk 2 mel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 172d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 8) + 10 = 22

Mel dodges the blows and responds in turn

1st atk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 151d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (2d6 vs evil; undead will save DC14 or instadeath)

2nd atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (2d6 vs evil; undead will save DC14 or instadeath)

He doesn't do well

The two giants in the rear toss more rocks at the spellcasters.

rock/Merle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
rock/Justin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Alessia and Karrin near the battle You can attack next round


Updated map


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Round 11

Hamar holds on tight as the Alpha Mammoth and its herd rumble towards the Giant and his pet dire wolf, "If so powerful you are old one, why run!

Ill treatment breeds ill will!"

The Barbarian is not much for taunting foes, he generally lets his blades do his talking for him but there is something about the slavery of these beasts he finds leaves distaste in his palate.


Bribes always welcome

The herd manages to catch up to the old giant and his wolf

You can trample them, or attack


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar will opt to have the Mammoths Trample, he is in no condition to fight at the moment! Plus, they are the creatures who have real redress with this Giant!


Bribes always welcome

The herd of mammoths overrun the two , and pound them into bloody snow stains

You are two rounds ride back to the camp


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Oh yeah. THAT's gonna hit him alright. :(

Justin's smirk at the sight of his fireballs' effect turns to wide-eyed panic as he sees the singed Captain's spiked chain heading straight for his face!

"Oh, s,..."

There is a shrieking sound and magical sparks fly as his armor spell tries vainly to block the powerful blow. His tiny armor crystal pinned to his coat grows hot enough to feel through the heavy leather as it also tries to absorb the force of the blow. But the amount of kinetic energy the tiny crystal can absorb is infinitesimal next to the angry giants brute strength. Armor Crystal-Least, absorbs 1 pt of dmg.

Justin shakes his head, ears ringing, vision blurry. And he thinks he feels fresh blood dripping from his nose. Again. It's only thanks to his defensive and flying magics that he's still conscious and vertical.

Justin blinks his eyes back into focus as he wipes blood from his upper lip with the back of his hand. The battle-leader is pulling back his weapons chain to wind up for another blow.

"Well. You don't have to be all HUFFY about it!" Justin grumbles. He uses his flight spell to back up slightly, and upwards, so that he is more or less on an eye to eye level with the Captain. Fly spell, 5' 'step' up and back to K5

The wizard raises his staff and shouts in Common, (using his best 'conjuring' voice). "We bring a message! Stop destroying these woods! Leave NOW and never return, and you may live! If you do not,..."

Justin pointedly lowers and points his staff at the Captain.

"What is your answer?"

Justin will wait (briefly) for an answer, but has readied an enhanced Ray of Flame spell for the Captain. :)


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

To cover last two rounds
Blayze fires shot after shot, taking advantage of both the magic increasing her speed, and her bandolier to maximize her assault.

Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol/Haste: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29
Bludgeoning/Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol/Haste: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 1 = 35
Bludgeoning/Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol/Haste: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 = 25
Bludgeoning/Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Honor +2 double-barreled Seraphic Pistol/Haste: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 = 24
Bludgeoning/Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Honor +2 double-barreled Seraphic Pistol/Haste: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 = 34
Bludgeoning/Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Honor +2 double-barreled Seraphic Pistol/Haste: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 1 = 35
Bludgeoning/Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

There is a shrieking sound and magical sparks fly as his armor spell tries vainly to block the powerful blow. His tiny armor crystal pinned to his coat grows hot enough to feel through the heavy leather as it also tries to absorb the force of the blow. But the amount of kinetic energy the tiny crystal can absorb is infinitesimal next to the angry giants brute strength. Armor Crystal-Least, absorbs 1 pt of dmg.

The wizard raises his staff and shouts in Common, (using his best 'conjuring' voice). "We bring a message! Stop destroying these woods! Leave NOW and never return, and you may live! If you do not,..."

Justin pointedly lowers and points his staff at the Captain.

"What is your answer?"

Justin will wait (briefly) for an answer, but has readied an enhanced Ray of Flame spell for the Captain. :)

It’s kinda hard to talk to the captain, as Rovuk shot him dead directly after he hit you. You have three logger giants left if you want to roll an intimidate roll to see if you can get them to surrender


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar will slow down the Alpha with the ivory ball hoping the rest of the herd will follow suit. The Barbarian will then peek back to see if there are a great number of foes left behind or if the rest of the Silver Rose appears to have things well in hand.

If the Giants appear defeated, and I believe they do!, Hamar will dismount from the stopped Alpha and draw the ivory ball and hold it up for the Mammoth to see. He strokes the trunk of the creature who dwarfs him in size.

"I am no Ranger nor Druid and I do not know if you can understand me great beast but I know al too well what this does.

It sickens me.

Creatures of your ilk trained is one thing but controlled in such a manner, I cannot support".

The exhausted Barbarian places the ball on the ground and uses his Vorpal scimitar to cleave it in twain, "Go now. Free to chooses your own destiny. I have come here to free my own mind from the control of others and so I free you and yours now".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bribes always welcome

Hamar senses a wave of gratitude from the old bull. It cuts off as the ivory ball is smashed, but the giant mammoth lays his trunk on Hamar’s shoulder. Then, he lifts it and sounds a triumphant bellow as he and his herd rumble off into the dawn rise


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Merle after catching a rock to the face will launch a pair of scorching rays at the giant (or other one if already dead)

Touch attacks 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Damage (normale) 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 6) = 15(crit)8d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 5, 2, 4, 6, 4) = 32 All fire damage


Bribes always welcome
Blayze wrote:

To cover last two rounds

Blayze fires shot after shot, taking advantage of both the magic increasing her speed, and her bandolier to maximize her assault.

[dice=Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol/Haste]1d20+15+1
[dice=Bludgeoning/Piercing]1d8+2

[dice=Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol/Haste]1d20+15+1
[dice=Bludgeoning/Piercing]1d8+2

[dice=Glory +1 distance double barelled pistol/Haste]1d20+15+1
[dice=Bludgeoning/Piercing]1d8+2

[dice=Honor +2 double-barreled Seraphic Pistol/Haste]1d20+16+1
[dice=Bludgeoning/Piercing]1d8+2
[dice=Honor +2 double-barreled Seraphic Pistol/Haste]1d20+16+1
[dice=Bludgeoning/Piercing]1d8+2
[dice=Honor +2 double-barreled Seraphic Pistol/Haste]1d20+16+1
[dice=Bludgeoning/Piercing]1d8+2

Blayze peppers the giant on Mel. He looks unhappy


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:

Merle after catching a rock to the face will launch a pair of scorching rays at the giant (or other one if already dead)

Touch attacks 1d20+10 1d20+10

Damage (normale) 4d6(crit)8d6 All fire damage

Merle's flame catches one of the rock throwers and barbeques him


Bribes always welcome

OK, no Intimidation needed. This is just getting sad...

The final two giants cast down their weapons.

"We surrender!" The one fighting Mel says in thickly-spoken Common


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


It’s kinda hard to talk to the captain, as Rovuk shot him dead directly after he hit you. You have three logger giants left if you want to roll an intimidate roll to see if you can get them to surrender

LOL, dangit, I missed that important lil bit,... I can fix it! :)

Inside, Justin is actually proud of his lil' speech. He'd been taking intimidation lessons from Karrin after all. And he was giving the giants a free pass to leave, if they took it. Who said that the Silver Rose couldn't do things without collateral damage?

Then he realized that the captain was toppling slowly but majestically, like a felled tree. One of Rovuk's arrows through his eye socket.

Justin looks at the other two giants nearby. He shrugs.
"Hey. I tried. Whose next?!?" He shouts as he waves his staff vaguely between the two,...

Justin TRIES an Intimidate roll!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Yeah,... I wouldn't be scared of me either. FORZARE!!"

And Justin casts his Fiery ray spell, focused through his new Blasting rod, held in his slotted staff,...

Ray of Flame Ranged Touch Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Ray of Flame, Intensified, w/ ALL bonuses: Dmg 8d6 + 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1) + (5) + 5 + 1 = 32
Plus 505 Dmg from amulet, total dmg = 48 fire dmg, Giant must make Ref Save vs DC:17 or catch fire & take 1d6 fire dmg each round until put out


Bribes always welcome

Justin see above. I think we cross posted. They surrendered. I don't think intimidate was neccessary.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Um,.... yeah. I cross-posted. Big Time. Forget that one, blame it on Justin's vivid imagination and hyperactive inner monologue. ;P


Bribes always welcome

The giants back away from their weapons. One is unharmed, the other is peppered with Blayze’s gunfire. They look at Justin

Ill assume your original speech went out

“We swear we won’t be back if you let us go”


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar watches the herd as it makes its way into the forest to do whatever such beats do when not enslaved and heads back towards his allies in the camp. He is about to go to them when he realizes what he left behind within the tent, "My friends, there are prisoners within!"

The Barbarian enters the tent, by now mostly recovered from his earlier rage and while tired, he is not completely exhausted. His face scans the huddled masses, "Who here wishes to be cut loose first?" He draws a scimitar to begin the task.


Bribes always welcome

Hamar begins the process of cutting them loose. They are grateful, but so exhausted and I’ll that they can barely thank him


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bribes always welcome

I’m going to assume you let the giants go

The two giants take to their heels, running off along the river. Two of the camp tents are burning, but they are just starting up. The other tents were mangled by the mammoth stampede

Actions? Oh and TAKE A LEVEL!! CONGRATULATIONS


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2

Alessia makes it back to the rest of the group just as the two remaining giants make their retreat. Watching the pair closely, she voices her opinion to no one in particular.

"Should have killed them when you had the chance. They'll be back."

15,951 to 16,000 of 17,396 << first < prev | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.