Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master R0B0GEISHA

Battle map

Loot spreadsheet


151 to 200 of 2,970 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

I don't know how metagame-y that would sound, but the two branches appear to split only for 30 ft. or so before re-joining... I say we can (stealthily) catch a glimpse of both, with Ithilwen checking the northernmost one leaving the other one to Alexa? I can cast message at will, so sharing our findings shouldn't be a problem.

Stealth (or use the former one): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Also, are we sure it's a good idea to put Anevia in the front with Ithilwen and Alexa? If she has to move stealthily, that would slow her down to 1/4 her speed (unless her modifier is high enough that she can take the -5 malus for moving at full speed and still get a comparable result to Ithilwen or Alexa's).


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric nods and after helping Anevia to her feet, joins Horgus and Aberus near the center.

"You're probably as eager to see the sun again as I am..." he says to Aberus, making an attempt at idle conversation.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0
Ithilwen wrote:
Also, are we sure it's a good idea to put Anevia in the front

You're right, she should not be up there. I think Baleon and I mis-parsed this reply from Asmodina, thinking Anevia followed you, when in fact Asmodina meant that you followed Alexa:

Asmodia wrote:
Alexa disappears into the shadows. Saying nothing, out loud, she purses her lips and with a stern look of determination on her brow the rogue lets the darkness swallow her (like the Batman). After Ithilwen talked with Anevia she followed (like the Boy Wonder).

Sorry about that misunderstanding, and good catch! Correcting our marching order:

Approx. 100' ahead


  • Alexa
  • Ithilwen

Approx. 50' ahead


  • Uriel

In the middle


  • Aberus
  • Arloric
  • Hurgus
  • Anevia

And behind them


  • Telerin
  • Aravashnial
  • Baleon


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus nodded his head as Arloric spoke, then replied quietly, "Yes, I am. It's one thing to lose the sun to the night sky, but another entirely to...". He paused and looked momentarily uncomfortable before continuing, "To have the sky taken away. I have been underground before, but it has always been by choice."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Take heart, friend. The wheel with turn again, and we'll reach the surface. Respect the cycle," Arloric replies with a friendly slap on the back, before touching the tips of his thumb and little finger of the left hand together, making a circle.


DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +2 Fort, +6 Ref, +3 Will (+5 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +2|Perc: +8

Alexa wordlessly leads the way deeper into the tunnels. She gives Ithilwen a silent nod of acknowledgement as she creeps forward.

"...I wasn't looking forward to facing these tunnels alone."

I think we should follow the caves that don't lead to a dead end.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The elf will thank the cleric for the proffered crossbow. I may not even use this but thank you for the offer. she says as she straps it on her back.


THE MAP , The Wardens

Horgus Gwerm looked at the man asking the question and didn't answer, not right away. Instead he took a moment to pat the dust off his sleeves and make certain his belts were straight with his short and his pants. Even under the city, trapped, and facing certain doom this nobleman intended on looking respectable upon his death. Of course, he did make a pleasant offer to you heroes for his return to safety.
”I've lived in Kenabres my entire adult life,” he replied. ”Doesn't seem like a very important question given our circumstances. What I'd like to know is what you intend to do to keep me alive and not become a demon's meal.” Anevia chuckled and hobbled past him, doing her best to keep up. Each step added some tension in her brow and cheeks.

I've lined you up on the map according to Aberus' list. It looks like a sane line up, if a bit stretched. Ithilwen has made an OOC observation about the tunnels and has proposed the idea of splitting up.

Link for the spell Message


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Aberus ignored the tone in Horgus's reply. As a member of the clergy, he couldn't take offense at every rude or snide comment from people. Often times they were the ones most in need of kindness and compassion. "Fear not, Mr. Gwerm. We will all survive this ordeal. Our plan is as you see it: to use our numbers and our skills to protect ourselves. Two of us our scouting the way ahead and we are arranged back here with both a forward and rear guard." He paused briefly, then added, "We will also rely on our collective knowledge, and your time in this city may prove to be an invaluable asset."


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

"Indeed," Aberus replied to Arloric, though he looked briefly puzzled. "Do you mind if I ask how you came to be trained with a sword? Isn't that unusual for a servant of the natural world?"


Male Human Paladin 1

"I did, in part." Baleon says, replying to Aberus' question.

"We've known each other for several years, and we both know how horrible it can be to be caught unaware by the horrors above." He gives a meaningful nod to the druid.

"So I prepared him as best I could."


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision
Alexa Dorne wrote:

Alexa wordlessly leads the way deeper into the tunnels. She gives Ithilwen a silent nod of acknowledgement as she creeps forward.

"...I wasn't looking forward to facing these tunnels alone."

"Since that day in the Worldwound, none of us has ever truly been alone" Ithilwen whispers back. "We've made it through worse, you, me, and Miles. We'll make it this time, too."


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The elf will do her best to keep her countryman from being too sharp with others.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus whispers to Ithilwen, "Uriel is moving ahead of the main group, so he can keep both us and you and Alexa in sight. Can you include him in your spell?"

Ithilwen: the telecom giant of the Worldwound


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"Nice to know we've got our backs covered" Ithilwen whispers back. Then, a soft curse. "I can't. I've tried, but it seems my mastery of the arcane leaves much to be desired. I'd have to sever my link with you in order to communicate with Uriel."

Unfortunately, message is capped to 1 person/level... at least until we level up a bit, more of a telecom midget :(


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

AFIK, there is nothing that prevents multiple simultaneous castings of message. It just means that you have to be the relay between the different targets.


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

I think that one needs line of sight in order to cast it (as per

Magic wrote:
Target or Targets: Some spells have a target or targets. You cast these spells on creatures or objects, as defined by the spell itself. You must be able to see or touch the target, and you must specifically choose that target. You do not have to select your target until you finish casting the spell.

)

and then it lasts for 10 minutes/level during which one can communicate through whispered messages; switching between Aberus and Uriel would require re-establishing visual contact with the group. Multiple simultaneous castings... would work by RAW, I think, though the explicitly stated target limit would make its RAI standing doubtful.

Though yeah, there's nothing preventing having multiple instances of the same spell active at once, the only limiting factor being having to spend multiple spell slots. In a cantrip's case, it'd just be an exploit, though a perfectly legal one.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

It would be up to Asmodina to rule on the limits of this approach. The way we've dealt with it in our group is that speaking may be a free action, but relaying messages between multiple targets in this manner is not.


THE MAP , The Wardens

Alexa And Ithilwen move ahead through the northern tunnels into another cavern. This one is much smaller, and it looks like it was once occupied by somebody. A torn bedroll lays beside the dead remains of a fire. Next to that is a pile of bones, broken equipment, and past the campsite is some more rubble. The air here feels a little cooler, which is a pleasant considering you're worked up from having one of the most disgusting battles in your adventuring careers. Even with magic the feeling of being coated in regurgitated spiders still leaves you shuddering. Or, perhaps it's the cave. Here there's a feeling of loneliness and it makes for a very still feeling as if the Boogie Man was creeping right behind you waiting for that perfect moment to drag you both away, kicking and screaming by your pretty hairs.

Would you please roll perception?

Also, the weekend is over in two hours and on Monday the clock ticks forward towards random encounters! Don't sit still and let me catch you unaware! Once per day move your character 15' on the map.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10
Asmodina wrote:

Horgus Gwerm looked at the man asking the question and didn't answer, not right away. Instead he took a moment to pat the dust off his sleeves and make certain his belts were straight with his short and his pants. Even under the city, trapped, and facing certain doom this nobleman intended on looking respectable upon his death. Of course, he did make a pleasant offer to you heroes for his return to safety.

”I've lived in Kenabres my entire adult life,” he replied. ”Doesn't seem like a very important question given our circumstances. What I'd like to know is what you intend to do to keep me alive and not become a demon's meal.” Anevia chuckled and hobbled past him, doing her best to keep up. Each step added some tension in her brow and cheeks.

"Well! We've got something in common after all, Lord Gwerm!" Arloric says brightly.

"Not to worry. If something shows up that looks hungry, we'll be more than a match for it. We've at least two paladins leading the charge, and I'll be right alongside them with my sword."

Aberus Ocellio wrote:
"Indeed," Aberus replied to Arloric, though he looked briefly puzzled. "Do you mind if I ask how you came to be trained with a sword? Isn't that unusual for a servant of the natural world?"

"Not so unusual when you live on the edge of the Worldwound. And Sarkorians like me need to be just as armed as any paladin if we want to purify our home...or what's left of it."

He looks forward, trying to keep an eye on the scouts in the dark.

"What about you? Most priests I see around the city are those of the Sword-Goddess, she who was once mortal herself. But you're different. You've the look of one touched by Our Lady The Sun."

Baleon The Bloodhound wrote:

"I did, in part." Baleon says, replying to Aberus' question.

"We've known each other for several years, and we both know how horrible it can be to be caught unaware by the horrors above." He gives a meaningful nod to the druid.

"So I prepared him as best I could."

"Aye. I owe Bale here my life partially. He was part of the band of paladins that helped my uncle, Crocris, defeat the vile demon-priests who murdered my parents and kidnapped me. He was hesitant to teach me at first, kind of worried what Crocris would think, since he's so dead-set on making sure the Old Ways don't die with him, but he changed his mind after I showed him Red-Branch."

His countenance shifts a bit, looking concerned or even worried.

"I hope that young buck's okay. A megaloceros is a tempting target for a hungry hunter, even with the rack he has."


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Ithilwen treads as furtive as a cat as she and Alexa approach the campfire. Her usually smooth skin is crawling with goosebumps as her blue eyes pierce the surrounding darkness, scanning every inch of the cave in front of them.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +2 Fort, +6 Ref, +3 Will (+5 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +2|Perc: +8

Alexa keeps her head on a swivel as she and Ithilwen move forward.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


THE MAP , The Wardens

You both have sharp eyes this afternoon! Huddle in the detritus, with their antennae up, are four giant insects. They appear to be waiting and they are very disgusting. It may be sexist to say that no woman would ever mistake these insects for anything other than cockroaches, and it'll be hard stepping on them as they are of the giant variety. And, despite your awesome stealth roles they shake the thin layer of dust off their reddish-brown carapaces and dart right towards you! Their segmented, sharp mandibles click menacingly. -Looks like it's time to roll initiative!

Cockroach init 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Cockroach init 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cockroach init 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Cockroach init 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Each cockroach is numbered and colored.


    [1] Purple
    [2] Blue
    [3] Red
    [4] Yellow

And everyone rolls initiative. It just occurred to me that someone might ask. :)


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

@Uriel, until we hear from Ithilwen, I assume the group is following you, as you are following Ithilwen and Alexa. I went ahead and moved myself 15' straight-ish ahead (had to maneuver around a rock).

Aberus listened as Arloric and Baleon explained.  "I didn't know you were a refugee from Sarkoris. I am sorry for the loss of your homeland."

Now that the group was moving, Aberus carefully watched Uriel's movement in the dim light at the edge of his spell for cues on where to move. He also learned, quickly, that he still needed to keep his eyes on the ground in front of him as a large boulder came into view directly in his path.

"As for myself..."

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Probably as far as I can get in 6 seconds now that we are in initiative.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Gah. Blasted tremorsense.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

I'll give the alarm as soon as cockroach 3 has acted. Is this a surprise round just for Ithilwen, Alexa and the cockroaches?


THE MAP , The Wardens
Ithilwen of the Myriad Stars wrote:
Gah. Blasted tremorsense.

I know! But, it's a lot of fun for the GM to disrupt those wonderfully planned ideas once in a while.

Ithilwen of the Myriad Stars wrote:


I'll give the alarm as soon as cockroach 3 has acted. Is this a surprise round just for Ithilwen, Alexa and the cockroaches?

Good question! And yes, you're right. Alexa, Ithilwen, and the cockroaches can each do a move or a standard action in their order before I'll include the rest of the party. And if Alex and Ithilwen cannot warn the others then they will make perception rolls until they close the space between you two. I'm assuming, of course, that they'll follow the scouts. But, first I will wait for everyone to post and give me their initiative rolls. Otherwise, it may feel rude pushing forward. Not all of us can post more than once a day.

Sound good?


THE MAP , The Wardens

Forgive me. This detail is supposed to be for after the combat but I had decided to add it to your perception rolls, and then it flew out the ol'grey matter and ended up forgetting to include it.

At the same moment, you noticed the cockroaches you did notice that the junk that was left there might be still usable That said, that was a minor detail because you noticed jewelry. Now, it might be sexist to say this, but women do have an eye for noticing jewelry. Most of it was covered leaving you guessing if it was a pendant or maybe an earring, but the glint of metal and colorful stones did catch your attention, if so briefly. It is very difficult to ignore giant cockroaches, especially those wanting to nibble your delicious parts.


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision
Asmodina wrote:

I know! But, it's a lot of fun for the GM to disrupt those wonderfully planned ideas once in a while.

The best laid plan of drow and rogues...

Asmodina wrote:

Good question! And yes, you're right. Alexa, Ithilwen, and the cockroaches can each do a move or a standard action in their order before I'll include the rest of the party. And if Alex and Ithilwen cannot warn the others then they will make perception rolls until they close the space between you two. I'm assuming, of course, that they'll follow the scouts. But, first I will wait for everyone to post and give me their initiative rolls. Otherwise, it may feel rude pushing forward. Not all of us can post more than once a day.

Sound good?

Verily ;)

What says you, Alexa? Partial withdraw or try to get a sneak attack in? In the latter case, Ithilwen will stay by your side and help hold the line until the big warriors arrive ;)


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17(If needed)


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10
Aberus Ocellio wrote:

@Uriel, until we hear from Ithilwen, I assume the group is following you, as you are following Ithilwen and Alexa. I went ahead and moved myself 15' straight-ish ahead (had to maneuver around a rock).

Aberus listened as Arloric and Baleon explained.  "I didn't know you were a refugee from Sarkoris. I am sorry for the loss of your homeland."

Now that the group was moving, Aberus carefully watched Uriel's movement in the dim light at the edge of his spell for cues on where to move. He also learned, quickly, that he still needed to keep his eyes on the ground in front of him as a large boulder came into view directly in his path.

"As for myself..."

[dice=Initiative]d20-1

Probably as far as I can get in 6 seconds now that we are in initiative.

"I'm only a refugee in the sense that my ancestors were. They came to Mendev after the battle of Storasta...when the demons truly won and destroyed Sarkoris. I've lived in Mendev all my life, and in Kenabres for so long that most consider me a native. All the better, I suppose. No one's trusted Kellids like me in this city since the Red Morning Massacre, back in 4607."

He readies his sword when Aberus pauses.

"What do you see that I don't?"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The elf will inquire of her countryman about his background and family history while sharing a little about hers as well.


DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +2 Fort, +6 Ref, +3 Will (+5 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +2|Perc: +8

Inititative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Alexa groans when the cockroaches jump out at them. "Eugh. Did someone call for an exterminator?"

I hope these ones won't puke on me.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Paladin 1

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6


THE MAP , The Wardens

Suprise Round!


    [21] Cockroach 3: 5' step and attacked Alexa. 20>AC15, attack hits. 2 Damage.
    [17] Alexa
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [03] Cockroach 2

Scuttling forward cockroach 3's(the red one) skinny legs clicked against the stony ground as it takes a position against Alexa. Hunger as its driving focus it vaulted over with it's sloppy dripping mandibles wide open to rend a hunk of meat from her shoulder! Om nom nom nom!

Cockroach 3 biting Alexa: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Cockroach 3 bite damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The cockroach took a 5' step and attacked. I wanted to make sure that the cockroach can do that. Giving the bad guys some advantages is something I want to do to make the combat a bit more tense, not impossible. Below is our regular order.

Round 1


    [21] Cockroach 3
    [20] Telerin
    [17] Alexa
    [17] Aberus
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [07] Uriel
    [06] Baleon
    [04] Arloric
    [03] Cockroach 2

Template:

Round x

    [21] Cockroach 3
    [20] Telerin
    [17] Alexa
    [17] Aberus
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [07] Uriel
    [06] Baleon
    [04] Arloric
    [03] Cockroach 2


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0
Ithilwen wrote:
I'll give the alarm as soon as cockroach 3 has acted.

Since Cockroach 3 has attacked, I'm assuming this trigger action has taken place in the surprise round.

Aberus paused mid-sentence as Ithilwen's whispered voice reached his ears. He turned to face Arloric and said, "A message from Ithilwen! She and Alexa are under attack!"


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"No time to lose then! FÁG AN BEALACH!" Arloric bellows.

Hallit:
"CLEAR THE WAY!"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The elf will make her way hastily, Arvonoshel in tow.

How long will it take them to get there?


DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +2 Fort, +6 Ref, +3 Will (+5 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +2|Perc: +8

Round 1: Actions
Standard Action: Stab the cockroach to the right of me (Blue Roach)
Move Action: Tumble away from the cockroaches!

Alexa flinches as a cockroach bites her and moves to stab one of the roaches that hasn't had a chance to react yet.

Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage?: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (4) = 8

She then tries to leap away from the other roaches before she gets bitten again.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Hearing Aberus speak to Arloric, Uriel turns and dashes toward the scouting group. He shouts "Hold fast, we'll be there soon!" into the tunnel up ahead, sword slashing the air as he rushes forward.

Uriel double-moves forward 40 feet, should come up just to the rear of Alexa (I'm pretty sure that's Alexa on the map).


Female Half-drow Bard 1 | HP 9/9 {conditions: +1 to atk., saves} | AC 16 (Tch 13 FF 13) | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"Aberus! More bugs here! We're under attack!" Ithilwen's words come carried through the aether – though more of a frantic hiss than an actual whisper.

"I'll hold the line here – come quickly!" she urgently adds as she braces herself to withstand the incoming attack.

________________________________________________________________

SURPRISE ROUND

Standard Action: total defence, +4 AC

REGULAR ROUND

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Move Action: move 15 ft. back in order to allow the front-liners to step in (ideally, giving a clear path for charging)
   Acrobatics (if required): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Standard Action: attack purple cockroach (or whichever's within range)
   Scorpion Whip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus urgently moved forward after relaying Ithilwen's warning, but was careful not to get in the way of the scouts who looked like they might be withdrawing through the tunnel. He drew his morning star instead of his scimitar, feeling the weight and balance of it in his hand. These seems like a better tool for squashing bugs.

Moving in closer but away from the entrance to leave room for others, but still be in position for healing.

Seeing Alexa, he said, "The right-hand tunnel. Do we know where it leads? Can they come through that way?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
THE MAP , The Wardens

Alexa and Ithilwen, the voices of your fellow heroes echo perfectly through the cave. If ever there was an element of surprise you might have now lost it. However, with those injured it might take them longer to get to you. Anevia has a broken leg and Aravashniel cannot see, while Horgus Gwerm just seems more involved with himself and his safety than anything. Also, what could he do? This involves giant man-eating bugs and not coins needing counted.
One of the cockroaches(cockroach3) Had just leapt out and sank it's mandibles into Alexa's shoulder, puncturing through her armor and into skin decorating he floor with strings of her red blood. It shimmers like embers in a fire and even cackles before the power in it ebbs away. The attack pushed her around, and instead of returning the favor to the one that attacked her Alexa pushed her shortsword forward into another cockroach(cockroach1). The attack was not perfect, but enough blade passed through it carapace into its softer insides and it hissed in pain when it was pulled free.

Ithilwen braced herself for retaliation. The cockroach that Alexa just hit was just about to take it's revenge, and just as it was about to leap forward it lurched forward, scuttled to the left, and then weaved right, bumping into the rocks, before moving back. Stuff oozed from its wound. Cockroach4 moved forward ten feet and climbed onto the side of the wall. It shook and clicked it's serrated mandibles at both women. Finally, catching the whiff of aasimar blood, cockroach2 could not shake the thought of barbecue from its little pea-sized mind. It smelled like cooking and it made its mandibles drip with hunger. It leaped at Alexa looking to have a taste of her as well.

bite!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
confirm nat1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

It's attack failed. Cockroach1 nudged into cockroach2 at a crucial part of its attack knocking it off balance. Its mandibles snap around her shortsword instead. biting a sword is a bad thing: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Surprise Round:

Suprise Round! 1 move, or 1 standard action

    [21] Cockroach 3: 5' step and attacked Alexa. 20>AC15, attack hits. 2 Damage.
    [17] Alexa
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1: Moved 15'
    [12] Cockroach 4: Moved 10'.
    [03] Cockroach 2: Bites Alexa; crit failure, bites her sword instead for 4 damage.


    [21] Cockroach 3
    [20] Telerin
    [17] Alexa
    [17] Aberus
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [07] Uriel
    [06] Baleon
    [04] Arloric
    [03] Cockroach 2

Template:

Round x

    [21] Cockroach 3
    [20] Telerin
    [17] Alexa
    [17] Aberus
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [07] Uriel
    [06] Baleon
    [04] Arloric
    [03] Cockroach 2


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She will move up with Aravashniel in tow.


THE MAP , The Wardens

And now it's back to the top of the order.
Alexa has a nice flavor and as an aasimar she should taste like divinity and cockroach3 would like another helping. Knowing that its prey is not going to just let herself get bitten a bit of strategy is needed. It ran up the wall to distract Alexa and opened it blade-like maw in hopes of tearing off a hunk from her flank.

Cockroach3 Bites Alexa: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cockroach3 Bite damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

And, it missed by a lot! It took just a little grace, a bit of a swivel and Alexa pirouetted out of reach. She made it look easy and pretty.


    [21] Cockroach 3: Moved 10', climbed a wall and attacked with a bite. 4<AC15 -miss! 0 damage.
    [20] Telerin
    [17] Alexa
    [17] Aberus
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [07] Uriel
    [06] Baleon
    [04] Arloric
    [03] Cockroach 2

surprise round:

Suprise Round! 1 move, or 1 standard action

    [21] Cockroach 3: 5' step and attacked Alexa. 20>AC15, attack hits. 2 Damage.
    [17] Alexa
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1: Moved 15'
    [12] Cockroach 4: Moved 10'.
    [03] Cockroach 2: Bites Alexa

Template:

Round x

    [21] Cockroach 3
    [20] Telerin
    [17] Alexa
    [17] Aberus
    [15] Ithilwen
    [12] Cockroach 1
    [12] Cockroach 4
    [07] Uriel
    [06] Baleon
    [04] Arloric
    [03] Cockroach 2


Male Human Paladin 1

Baleon moves up, trying to close toward the sound of fighting.

Baleon takes a double move action to run a total of 40 ft to his new position.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric rushes after Baleon, sword raised dramatically in the air.


DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +2 Fort, +6 Ref, +3 Will (+5 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +2|Perc: +8

Round 2: Actions
Standard Action: Stab Cockroach 1 again
Move Action: Retreat into the tunnels behind me, using Acrobatics to escape possible AoOs

Alexa isn't exactly thrilled with the fact that the cockroaches are still trying to nibble on her. She twirls her short sword once before trying to impale the roach she already stabbed on it...

Stab: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage...?: 1d6 ⇒ 5

...then she starts rolling away from the bugs. It's either this or get swarmed.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

She moves behind Ithilwen, still clutching her bleeding shoulder.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

"Should we try to draw them out here, where we aren't fighting them one-on-one?"

Aberus will hold his action until after Uriel moves

151 to 200 of 2,970 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.