Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master GM the Fifth

>>> Campaign resources one-stop-shop <<<
Quick links:
Interactive map and VTT
Current battle map (static images)
Loot Spreadsheet


851 to 894 of 894 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

The left-most door opens easily from this side. You see exactly what you expect to see: a mirror image of the entrance you just came through.

You hear sounds coming through the closed doors to the south. It almost sounds like a fight of some sort. It's very muffled and difficult to hear, but occasionally there's someone shouting, or possibly crying out.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 6 Crimson Templar 1 Init +5; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9; HP: 87/87; AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 24 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 Shield, +1 Natural); F +15, R +10, W +10; +2 vs. evil, +2 vs Insanity or Confusion

Uriel points at the closed door and cocks his head, doing his best to say Should we check that out? while remaining silent.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Arloric nods.


I assume you are opening the door closest to Uriel.

Uriel tries the door and finds it's not locked. He opens it and reveals a gruesome sight. A very tall, muscular, human woman has just buried a greatsword into a tiefling. Some forty or fifty beds line either side of what appears to be barracks, and a dozen teifling corpses--some without their heads--are splayed across them. There is blood everywhere, all of it fresh.

The woman turns to face you, and her expression is crazed. "You!", she cries out. "YOU! You are responsible! Better they die by my hands than face them, but you are the cause of it all!"

She pulls her sword out of the tiefling. Her crazed expression turns to one of seething rage.

And it's time to roll for initiative.

>>>>> Map <<<<<


Hero Points: 0|Myth Power: 6/7|DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 7/Tier 2 Trickster|HP: 60/60|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +4 Fort, +7 Ref, +5 Will (+7 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +5|Perc: +11

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 6 Crimson Templar 1 Init +5; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9; HP: 87/87; AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 24 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 Shield, +1 Natural); F +15, R +10, W +10; +2 vs. evil, +2 vs Insanity or Confusion

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Rolling for remainder of the party

Initiative:

Arloric: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Darya: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Kemat: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Telerin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Jestak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Round 1
Alexa <---
Jestak
Telerin, Kemat, Uriel, Darya, Arloric
>>>>> Map <<<<<


Hero Points: 0|Myth Power: 6/7|DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 7/Tier 2 Trickster|HP: 60/60|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +4 Fort, +7 Ref, +5 Will (+7 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +5|Perc: +11

Alexa swallows. "...uh oh..."

Total defence.


The woman seems enraged in that it's-a-class-feature sort of way.

The woman unleashes crazed battle cry as she charges towards Uriel.

barbarian, melee vs Uriel, rage, charge, power attack, powerful blow: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 31
slashing damage: 2d6 + 2 + 6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 + 6 + 3 + 6 = 23

Her sword slams into him with considerable force, dealing a brutal blow.

Round 1
Alexa
Jestak
Telerin, Kemat, Uriel, Darya, Arloric <---

>>>>> Map <<<<<


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 6 Crimson Templar 1 Init +5; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9; HP: 87/87; AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 24 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 Shield, +1 Natural); F +15, R +10, W +10; +2 vs. evil, +2 vs Insanity or Confusion

Surprised, Uriel nonetheless gets a hold of himself, activates his Righteous Medal of Valor (note to self: do that before the door opens next time), and counterattacks.

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage, Cold Iron, Slashing: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage, Cold Iron, Slashing: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Female Aasimar Paladin (Holy Light) 7/Marshal 2. HP 75/75 ; AC 20/10/20 (24/14/24 during SMITE); F+14 R+7 W+12; Init +2; Smite evil 3/day (0); LOH/Holy Light 9/day(0);Mythic 7/day (0) Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5:Daylight (0/3)

Darya moves forward to strike, the woman's sheer ferocity throwing her off as her attack misses by quite a margin.

+1 Evil Outsider bane Cold Iron Bastard Sword (1 handed): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Cold Iron/ Slashing/ Magic: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

If evil outsider +2 to attack and damage/ bane: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Arloric is startled by the sight of the murders and the sudden battle, and instinctively swings his sword at the rampaging woman.

MWK Cold Iron Scimitar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Please see the map. The only way for Arloric and Darya to engage is by standing on either side of the doorway (G3 and E3, respectively), which grants melee cover (+4 AC) to your target.

Uriel retaliates, but neither swing hits.

Darya moves to engage but she is unable to connect. On the other side of Uriel, Arloric attacks as well and also fails to land a blow.

@Kemat and @Telerin are up

Round 1
Alexa
Jestak
Telerin, Kemat, Uriel, Darya, Arloric <---

>>>>> Map <<<<<


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

I'll eat that penalty, I don't know how many more fights we'll be in in this dungeon, so I don't wanna waste all my bard-song early on...


As your friendly neighborhood GM, I will point out that there is a second door at H4 that leads into the room.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Duly noted, thank you!


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 48 (7d6) Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8(+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

For some reason I cannot move my figure. I would like to move it to right below the F 2 squares behind Uriel.


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 48 (7d6) Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8(+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Moving up she fires a splash of acid at the woman
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 RTA
1d3 ⇒ 3 acid


The acid splashes against the Barbarian and sizzles. It's a mild burn, but a burn nonetheless.

I'll give Kemat until tomorrow morning.


Kemat steps over to Uriel and casts Cure Light Wounds.

Kemat, CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
empowered (Healer's Blessing): 13 + 6 = 19

Round 2
Alexa <---
Jestak
Telerin, Kemat, Uriel, Darya, Arloric
>>>>> Map <<<<<


Hero Points: 0|Myth Power: 6/7|DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 7/Tier 2 Trickster|HP: 60/60|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +4 Fort, +7 Ref, +5 Will (+7 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +5|Perc: +11

Alexa winces, but seeing as how there's a massive logjam at the doors she finds herself unable to do much to help.

"Darya, tighten up. You're overextending your arm." She says by way of battle advice. She then moves to check down the nearby hall to the north in case the sound is attracting more enemies.


Correcting a couple of stats that I had wrong for the barbarian, though this wouldn't have affected her previous attack.

@Arloric, a fun fact: You're reasonably certain that this woman is also of kellid descent

barbarian, melee vs Uriel, rage, power attack: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 3 = 29
slashing damage: 2d6 + 1 + 6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 + 6 + 9 = 20
barbarian, melee vs Uriel, rage, power attack: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 3 = 17

The berserker woman continues to pound on Uriel, beating over and over again with her greatsword.

@Alexa, you don't hear anything over the sounds of the battle behind you. That being said, the citadel walls are thick stone. The doorways you can see here suggest that they are 5' thick pretty much everywhere. Between those and the metal doors, sound just isn't going to travel.

The room to the west looks like it's filled with debris from the collapsed exterior wall and partially collapsed ceiling. There's nothing in there that you could see as you walked by. Not surprising since it's all but impassable.

Round 2
Alexa
Jestak
Telerin, Kemat, Uriel, Darya, Arloric <---
>>>>> Map <<<<<


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 6 Crimson Templar 1 Init +5; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9; HP: 87/87; AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 24 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 Shield, +1 Natural); F +15, R +10, W +10; +2 vs. evil, +2 vs Insanity or Confusion

A roar of pain escapes Uriel's lips as the first blow bites. Biting back the pain, he snarls a response "By the General of Vengeance, you fall!" Ragathiel says before launching a reprisal of his own!

Smite Evil, ignores all DR etc etc. I'm also going to use 1MP to negate the penalties from Power Attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Damage, Cold Iron Slashing: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage, Cold Iron Slashing: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Confirm?
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage, Cold Iron Slashing: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Arloric, recognizing their opponent as Kellid like him, gasps.

"An ardódh tú airm i gcoinne do chairde?! Cad a déarfadh bhur sinsir dá bhfeicfí iníon de chuid Sarcóris tar éis titim chomh híseal sin?" he says, hoping the shared blood between them might break through the haze of madness...or at least distract her long enough for the others to take her down.

Hallit:
"Would you take up arms against your kinsman?! What would your elders say if a daughter of Sarkoris was seen to have fallen so low?"

Perform (Sing; Bluff): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Female Aasimar Paladin (Holy Light) 7/Marshal 2. HP 75/75 ; AC 20/10/20 (24/14/24 during SMITE); F+14 R+7 W+12; Init +2; Smite evil 3/day (0); LOH/Holy Light 9/day(0);Mythic 7/day (0) Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5:Daylight (0/3)

With the defended doorway acting against them, Darya disengages, dashing over to the other door and throwing it open, providing another point of access into the room.

Move to H,3, Throw open door. Free action: Activate Halo (generate Light as a torch.


@Arloric, give me a diplomacy check.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Perform (Wind Instruments; Diplomacy): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 48 (7d6) Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8(+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The wizard concentrates and 4 eldritch bolts erupt from her hands that strike the barbarian, going around the paladin to strike her. The eldritch bolts are in the shape of a silver dragon.

4d4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 4) + 4 + 4 = 20 force damage plus intense spells.


Playing with the order of events a little to make this work.

Uriel lands one of three blows against the barbarian woman, who grunts as these are followed Telerin's force bolts.

With a +5 circumstance bonus for revealing that you are both Sarkorin, and speaking in Hallit this is just barely enough.

But it's Arloric that she focuses on, her eyes widening as she hears him speaking Hallit. She steps back from the doorway, pointing her sword at him. She seems to calm down a little, though she is still tense and angry.

"Ní thuigeann tú!" she says. "Rugadh mé sa rud atá fágtha de Sarkoris. Ba é seo go léir a bhí againn. Ba é gach rud a bhí againn ag caitheamh isteach leo!

Hallit:

"You don't understand!" she says. "I was born in what's left of Sarkoris. This was all we had. Throwing in with them was all we had!"

She has taken a less threatening posture towards the party, though she is clearly very wary. In terms of game mechanics, she is no longer raging.

Round 3
Alexa <---
Jestak
Telerin, Kemat, Uriel, Darya, Arloric

>>>>> Map <<<<<


Hero Points: 0|Myth Power: 6/7|DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 7/Tier 2 Trickster|HP: 60/60|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +4 Fort, +7 Ref, +5 Will (+7 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +5|Perc: +11

Alexa turns and looks at the berserker.

"Bhí sé sin ansin." She says in fluent Hallit. "Anois, tá athrú tagtha ar chúrsaí - tá an ceartas ag teacht ar ais go Sarkoris. Táimid anseo chun rudaí a chur ina gceart!"

Hallit:
"That was then. Now, things have changed--justice is coming back to Sarkoris. We're here to make things right!"

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

...I don't think that roll is going to help much.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 6 Crimson Templar 1 Init +5; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9; HP: 87/87; AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 24 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 Shield, +1 Natural); F +15, R +10, W +10; +2 vs. evil, +2 vs Insanity or Confusion

Uriel lowers his sword cautiously and takes a half-step back; enough to show good will, but not enough to be out of the fight if things flare up again. He also uses his Lay on Hands to heal some of his rather significant wounds.

Lay on Hands: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) = 16


Alexa Dorne wrote:
...I don't think that roll is going to help much.

No, it doesn't, but it doesn't hurt anything, either.

Dropping us out of initiative for the moment.

The barbarian woman backs away, keeping a watchful eye on Darya on the other doorway. Switching to common, she glances to Arloric and says, "So, kinsman. What do we do now?"


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Arloric nods somberly.

"What's done is done...we can't bring back the dead. But we can stop more unnecessary death. All you need to do is wait. We're taking this fortress, and then when it's ours, you can decide what you would like to do next. Tell me your name. I am Arloric, Blood of Dziergas, of the Clan Highbough."


"I am Jestak. I want to believe you can take this place, Arloric. But I will not wait for their punishment in case you fail. This," she says, nearly spitting out the words as she gestures to the dead tieflings behind her "was a kindness.

"I will make a truce with you, kinsman. You leave, and I'll leave. Those are my terms."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

"By 'leave,' Jestak, to you mean 'abandon our attempt to take the fort' or just 'let you go and we go our separate ways?' Because we've fought too long and hard in this siege to just give it up."

Just seeking clarification.


"I let you go, and we go our separate ways. Maybe this is my chance to leave, while they are busy dealing with you."


Female Aasimar Paladin (Holy Light) 7/Marshal 2. HP 75/75 ; AC 20/10/20 (24/14/24 during SMITE); F+14 R+7 W+12; Init +2; Smite evil 3/day (0); LOH/Holy Light 9/day(0);Mythic 7/day (0) Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5:Daylight (0/3)

"If that is what you feel you must do, I wish you luck." Darya says solemnly.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

"Then go in peace, Jestak. May the sky shelter you and the land hold you up," Arloric says with a somber nod.


As you start to leave she calls out, "Arloric. Watch out for the shadow demon. Vhane pretends to be in charge, but it's the demon that is the true power here. You'll find him in the dungeons." She points to the north-northeast.


Female Aasimar Paladin (Holy Light) 7/Marshal 2. HP 75/75 ; AC 20/10/20 (24/14/24 during SMITE); F+14 R+7 W+12; Init +2; Smite evil 3/day (0); LOH/Holy Light 9/day(0);Mythic 7/day (0) Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5:Daylight (0/3)

"Hmm.. another shadow demon. Good to know." Darya mutters.


Jestak gathers up a large pack and bedroll--suggesting she was making plans to leave long before you arrived--and exits the castle through the doors opposite the ones you came in. She seems unconcerned that she is walking outside, where your army has the fortress surrounded.

Where do you want to go next? Map showing you options is here. And the reference map you have of the citadel from Nurah and Aron is here.


Checking in since folks have been quiet. You have two doors to the north and a door to the east. There is also a room to the west but it is filled with rubble.


Hero Points: 0|Myth Power: 6/7|DR: 2/Evil|Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 7/Tier 2 Trickster|HP: 60/60|AC: 16/12/14|Saves: +4 Fort, +7 Ref, +5 Will (+7 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +5|Perc: +11

Alexa moves to check the eastern door.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 7|HP: 88/88|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +3 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +12

Arloric follows Alexa, trying his best to remain quiet.

851 to 894 of 894 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM the Fifth's WotR: The Siege of Drezen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.