Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


851 to 900 of 14,076 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna seems unfazed by the prostitutes, acting as if they're part of the scenery unless they get in her way.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

"Oh...no you don't, ain't bringin' yer high class stuff t'our corner, ain't gonna happen...honey cakes."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
"Friendly" Tracy wrote:
Her hand touches your Dirk's arm, "Scrounge a f'w silv'rs from yer friends." She tries to nuzzle up closer. The smell of cheap perfume, sweat, and smoke linger.

David dodges her advances nimbly before she can come in contact with him.

He moves up road with a scowl.

Do I need to make an opposed roll on this check via Sense Motive/Perception - or did I avoid her advance?


Evil GM

You can avoid her touch.


Evil GM

You can see the cross street a little bit down the road and sure enough there is blood colored drape in a window. The door is weathered oak that has numerous chucks and gashes in it. There are several dark stains on it and the nearby wall, you figure more than a few people have battled at this intersection. There are several ruffians down each alley point at this crossroad.

Knowledge local check

What are you going to do?


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

You can see the cross street a little bit down the road and sure enough there is blood colored drape in a window. The door is weathered oak that has numerous chucks and gashes in it. There are several dark stains on it and the nearby wall, you figure more than a few people have battled at this intersection. There are several ruffians down each alley point at this crossroad.

Knowledge local check

What are you going to do?

Knowledge Check -

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

David looks at the thugs that flank the alley.

He turns to the others -

"So do you all want to try going in subtle, or you want to just head on in direct" he says, his hand straying to the hilt of his sword.

EDIT: Crap! Well, I hope someone else has the roll. Meanwhile -

As David waits for his comrades to respond he looks around thoughtfully, trying to gauge if there are any hidden threats down any of the alleys that surround them.

Perception Check -
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna raises an eyebrow at the woman, tipping her hat up. "We're here on business with Hielica. I'm not after your clients." She says curtly, looking down the alleyway. The bard turns back to the group.

"I can sneak in easily, but this is starting to look a lot rougher than I anticipated. Either we're walking into a trap or the Captain sure knows some how to make friends."

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Earlier, about the time the apple was thrown:
Darius smirks and kicks the core aside. "I'm not trying to steal the credit, Hawky. Just bringing it up nice and official like now that we have all the mentioned parties gathered. Don't get your feathers rustled!" He pauses a moment, then adds, "A ship AND a business though, now that sounds like quite the scheme..."

As they pass the prostitute, Darius does indeed "window shop" as it were, but does not make any overtures towards them. Any other time, darlin', and I'd take you up on it. But I have my eyes on far grander prizes... His eyes return to the two fine examples of the feminine form in their company briefly before resuming his watchful gaze.

When the is reached, Darius shifts his grip on his glaive from one of a walking stick to a more battle ready posture, carrying it balanced in both hands.

"I say we be brazen about it. We aren't all going to slip past a trap anyway, too many of us. If they are foolish enough to jump us, I say it's just more coin and plunder for us," Darius says, serious as you've seen him.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Ret con with Darius:

David just laughs at Darius’s response.

Then he looks at him.

”If we have to pick a place to build, I’m thinking something like a seaside tavern with an attached wharf, you know?”

”We add on a small warehouse and a place to refit ships and we’re really cooking. Then we can take on any errant skipper or sailor who’s looking for a place to get a few drinks and careen his ship and if we have a trusty lads to work on fixing up some ships if we need them to, or manage the books for the tavern, or serve the drinks – then we can keep our ship nearby – if got one – and if not, we can always hire ourselves on to a ship that comes by,” he says with a grin.

”I’m liking it – I’m liking a lot,” he says, nodding enthusiastically.

He smiles and claps Darius on the back.

"You know, whatever it was we end up doing, I'm excited," he says with a nod.

Darius Rotarion wrote:
"I say we be brazen about it. We aren't all going to slip past a trap anyway, too many of us. If they are foolish enough to jump us, I say it's just more coin and plunder for us," Darius says, serious as you've seen him.

David shakes his head.

”Careful, hoss – if we go that route and draw blood then the authorities have exactly the reason to come down hard on us for “disturbing the peace”, or some crap like that,” he says looking around, his eyes flinty.

”I say if these basterds come hard on us we take them – but we don’t need to kill them. Just teach them a lesson,” he says with a scowl.

If things get nasty David is prepared to fight using non-lethal combat. He figures that LE knights in the area would come down on us hard if we end up killing people, though; and although he has no problem assassinating slaver types, he suspects that may not go over well with those he travels with.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Waiting on the local information before I make a decision. Astrianna can go invisible and easily get inside, make the deal, and come back out. But I'd rather the whole crew get to come along.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Waiting on the local information before I make a decision. Astrianna can go invisible and easily get inside, make the deal, and come back out. But I'd rather the whole crew get to come along.

Not to mention the fact that we don't know what's formally in there. If you go in by yourself, the guy may have bodyguards to cause trouble. Or the whole thing might be a trap. I'd rather we don't split up at this point either.

But I got to crash - see you all tomorrow!


Evil GM

Right now the local ruffians are a good 25 or 30 feet away loitering around "other" businesses, they are all eying your group. They don't make a move.

Astri local results:

You notice several ruffians have indications that they are part of gang or organization.

Dirk you perception check reveals there is more to this "alley" than at first blush.

Dirk:

This little four way corner appears to be well guarded, you've caught the sign that there are several second story men looking down at you from above. You figure there are several crossbows aimed at you. From your vantage point they seem to be protecting the weathered door you are in front of at this moment.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath follows along behind the others, uncomfortable as they leave the port and head into town, but ready for whatever may occur. He makes sure to carefully watch the locale for dangers and to gauge the mood of the locals.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Evil GM

Sath as you gauge the situation,

sath:

You don't necessarily "feel" threatened but you realize things can turn south in a hurry.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:

”Careful, hoss – if we go that route and draw blood then the authorities have exactly the reason to come down hard on us for “disturbing the peace”, or some crap like that,” he says looking around, his eyes flinty.

”I say if these basterds come hard on us we take them – but we don’t need to kill them. Just teach them a lesson,” he says with a scowl.

"If someone tries to kill me, I'm going to return the favor, Hawk. I don't want to risk anyone coming back at me later to try to prove anything."

Darius shrugs before adding, "At any rate, I'm not here to start any trouble. Let's just get this over with and get back to the ship. Captain hasn't had any reason to double cross us yet, and he obviously knows this person, so he most likely knows the situation on these streets. He doesn't seem the type to screw over his crew."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna studies the toughs before slowly nodding to herself. "See how they're all wearing one item of dark blue? They're probably part of a gang, or organized crime. They've got massive pairs of barnacles to be operating in Chelix." The bard waves the group forward. "We'll probably have to grease their palms, a few gold should be enough for them to leave us alone. Let me do the talking if they approach us."

Astrianna starts walking through the alley towards the shop with the group, pushing her cloak back so her sword is on display. "Look dangerous, but not threatening. Don't want to fight them, just show them we're not worth the trouble to mug." She puts some swagger in her step, standing tall and confident.

How wide is the alley?


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Following close behind Astrianna, Darius mutters, "Honey, you look like you could put a serious hurting on a man, but I don't know about looking dangerous."

All flirtations aside, Darius keeps a wary eye out on the low lifes in the alley ways as they move forward.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna chuckles at Darius. "The boss of those toughs probably own these girls- If I were alone they'd probably try to capture me and auction me off like some kind of unicorn. Thankfully my escort consists of some strong, deadly men who won't let them lay a hand on me." She ends with a twinkling smile at Darius.


Evil GM

Sath made a sense motive check, so the rest of you should do so also. A 20 and above read Sath's spoiler. I'm swamped at the office and I don't have a map with me.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Big ol' nope. We'll wait on Sath to advise with his druid senses. Can't wait to get versatile performance: sing for a massive sense motive.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Darius and Astrianna are obviously too busy flirting. Lol


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

sm 1d20 ⇒ 20

Embrianna looks about warily, hoping to avoid any kind of fight with these people. She will try to place herself between Dirk and Adriel as they walk if there is room.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel actually went quiet for a change, he WAS working now. He remains quiet but both he and his familier had their heads on a swivel.
Adriel perception: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
Thrasher perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Crap. Wish I got those rolls on an attack
Adriel Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

The elf marks any targets and was already running through a potential fight in his head. That thug walks with a limp. And his friend is blind in the right side so that's where my blade goes....

He steps to the side a little and drops back a touch to giving his group a wide frontage if they decided to charge but letting him protect the flank if they got hit from the side. The most vulnerable in this arrowhead was Songbird who was leading, not a good choice for defense but this whole group ran lightly armored.
He keeps his voice low.
Songbird talks, but Sawbones walk in front, Caster's in the middle


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Probably should include the Perception checks I keep mentioning...lol.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath quietly advises the others that he doesn't sense outright violent intent from the toughs but that if things don't go well, it will all go south pretty damn quick.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"If someone tries to kill me, I'm going to return the favor, Hawk. I don't want to risk anyone coming back at me later to try to prove anything."

David nods.

"Fair enough – as for me, I'm hoping it won't come to that..."

He glances up at the windows and lowers his voice for the group.

"Oye - snipers, four; second story windows," he says briskly to the others, hoping that they'll keep their eyes peeled.

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Astrianna studies the toughs before slowly nodding to herself. "See how they're all wearing one item of dark blue? They're probably part of a gang, or organized crime. They've got massive pairs of barnacles to be operating in Chelix." The bard waves the group forward. "We'll probably have to grease their palms, a few gold should be enough for them to leave us alone. Let me do the talking if they approach us."

David notices them, but acts like he doesn’t.

This town is small – that gang may have bought off the local magistrate; probably pay a small "tax" to him and he lets them operate here and looks the other way unless the "big bosses" from back home show up. I'd guess that so long as we don’t screw up their reputation in this town they probably won’t have much of a reason to do anything but maybe talk tough and give us a little beating to show everyone who’s boss…

The muscles in his jaw tighten.

Everyone takes a beating – I can deal with that… but if we draw blood then it’s a sure bet that the magistrate, or whatever they call him here, will have to step in... After all, if they’re operating with his leave, that means he’ll do what he can to put the hurt on anyone who messes with them – which just means more poxing delays!

Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
Songbird talks, but Sawbones walk in front, Caster's in the middle

David gives Adriel a dry look from the corner of his eye.

He looks as if he might have something to say at the elf’s first real interchange with him, but for now he says nothing.

Instead his hand drops to the hilt of his sword, but it sits on the hilt as if he’s merely resting comfortably.

Moving somewhat forward of Astrianna he changes his posture from a swaggering sailor who’s strolling the streets into a more regal and intimidating pose, as if to suggest he’s acting as a formal “bodyguard” for their chief spokesperson at this time. His eyes are intent on everything; he doesn’t flinch from a stare, but he doesn’t attempt to instigate anything.

As they get closer to the door, he considers something.

Both to cement the idea that he's a powerful "bodyguard" who's more then a thug with a few edged weapons - and also because of personal curiosity - he decides to take a gamble...

When they’re about fifty feet from the door, he pauses for a few seconds and casts “Detect Magic” – curious to know if the door is warded; or if any of the immediate thugs upstairs have magical gear, too.

He only does this for 1 round to get a sense of aura’s (unless he sees some). If he does, he’ll signal to the group and ask them to hold up for a few seconds for him to “Concentrate”.


Evil GM

There are people in the alley but nobody has show you any signs of hostility.

Thrahser, Adriel, and Darius perception check:

This little four way corner appears to be well guarded, you've caught the sign that there are several second story men looking down at you from above. You figure there are several crossbows aimed at you. From your vantage point they seem to be protecting the weathered door you are in front of at this moment.

This is what I wrote to Dirk in another thread.

You can see one of the ruffians give one subtle nod as you stare at the door.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

There are people in the alley but nobody has show you any signs of hostility.

** spoiler omitted **

You can see one of the ruffians give one subtle nod as you stare at the door.

To GM:

Ah! But I already I told them what you wrote in another thread ;)

How did the gamble on the Detect Magic thing work out?


Evil GM

All the crossbowman on the second floor have magical bolts glowing that you spot. If you are stopping to concentrate that will take some time...it'll be a very pregnant pause. Are you stopping to gather that type of information?

The door does not appear to be warded but you can make spellcheck.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna takes a moment away from her flirting when Adriel speaks up, making the half-elf realize this was the first time he's spoke since landfall. Quite a change from his usual self...

She gives the group a once-over, and comes to realize she is working with a cadre of highly skilled and unique individuals. All of them but one can use some form of magic, and they are well armed. I suppose I'm some kind of professional now.

Giving Adriel a nod, Astrianna beckons Hawkins forward with two fingers, mumbling into his ear as they switch places. "Look tough, but don't provoke them." She gives Sath an affirmative. "Good. It shouldn't come to that. Let's move."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard glances at the snipers in the second floor as she is warned, doubling the certainty in her mind that this is definitely a well organized effort.

Spellcraft DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Astrianna only catches the tail end of Hawkin's spell, raising an eyebrow as he stops at the door. "What are you doing Hawkins? They'll get suspicious if we linger. Open the door, they're nodding us through."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Nah – no real need to concentrate at this point. To him it’s enough to know that they’re carrying magical bolts.

If the bolts are magical and not the bows, that means that not only are the bolts specifically designed to do nasty damage, but it also means that these aren’t some basic thugs.

David pauses to take out a smoke and put it to his lips. As he does so he mutters to the others –

Snipers got magic bolts; watch your step.

Then he lights the cheroot casually.

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"What are you doing Hawkins? They'll get suspicious if we linger. Open the door, they're nodding us through."

As he draws in a pull from the smoke, he glances at the door.

Spellcraft Check for whatever it is on the door that I'm attempt to examine; again, this isn't for the Concentration check to notice aura's; this was only in response to the GM's request for the check about the door -f that ends up taking too long, then I won't worry about it
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He turns to glance at Astrianna.

"Apologies, my lady - I simply wished to taste a smoke before we enter. I can put it out, if you'd prefer, though," he says to her politely.

Before David advances formally - what (if anything) does his Spellcraft roll reveal? Again, if his will cause problems via a delay, he simply won't do it. I'm not sure if it's an independent roll from the Detect Magic thing, or not...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

A certain bard is far too impatient to give you a chance, sorry :p

Astrianna growls as he diddles about. "You're going to learn how magical those bolts are when they get shoved up your arse, move. This is not the time." If he doesn't immediately open the door and go inside, she maneuvers around him and opens the door, beckoning everyone to follow.


Evil GM

Map of alley

You are heading to the door at H 24/25. the yellow halo are the second floor crossbowman, the other tokens are the visible ruffians in the alley.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"You're going to learn how magical those bolts are when it gets shoved up your arse, move. This is not the time." If he doesn't immediately open the door and go inside, she maneuvers around him and opens the door, beckoning everyone to follow.

David's cocks his head and returns her stare.

"Of course, my lady," he says with a little half-bow.

EDIT: Via the GM's map, we seem to be about 50 feet from the door; but not at it to open it up. Also, although one of the snipers did nod at the door, I assumed that signal was to his mates, not us. But I may have misread that.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

The bard glances at the snipers in the second floor as she is warned, doubling the certainty in her mind that this is definitely a well organized effort.

[dice=Spellcraft DC 15]1d20+6

Astrianna only catches the tail end of Hawkin's spell, raising an eyebrow as he stops at the door. "What are you doing Hawkins? They'll get suspicious if we linger. Open the door, they're nodding us through."

You need to detect magic in conjunction with spellcheck. It doesn't appear s if anyone is actively casting a spell at you which is what a strait spell craft reveal. You don't read someone else's detect magic.


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
EDIT: Via the GM's map, we seem to be about 50 feet from the door; but not at it to open it up. Also, although one of the snipers did nod at the door, I assumed that signal was to his mates, not us. But I may have misread that.

I wasn't going to do a map for this alley scene but you all put varying distances and detecting magic, so I thought it would be better. One of the ruffian's nodded, not a snipper, and he nodded at your party.


Evil GM

Dirk - As far as the door it does not seem to be magical or warded.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Dirk - As far as the door it does not seem to be magical or warded.

David places the butt end of the cheroot firmly between his teeth and walks down the alley to the door.

He puts his hand on the handle and opens it.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna looks about ready to push him when he takes another draw on his smoke, but Hawkins moves. "Finally." She speaks in a harsh whisper to Hawkins. "I don't know how many dark alleys you've been down, but you don't hesitate in these situations. If you dawdle they'll think you're an easy mark, the law, or some nitwit."

Nice map Baldwin!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Getting really nervous now, tough trying her best not to show it, Embrianna attempts to cast mage armor upon herself covertly. Trying not to tip her hand and show that she is a caster to whoever is watching them.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"I don't know how many dark alleys you've been down, but you don't hesitate in these situations. If you dawdle they'll think you're an easy mark, the law, or some nitwit."

As the door swings open, he turns his head and looks at Astrianna for a moment, as if he might try to explain his actions.

I guess that'll have to wait for another time...

Then he shrugs and turns back to the door and steps inside.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"Yeah, let's get this over with."

Darius motions the group forward and begins heading towards the door.


Evil GM

The an old woman in the tidy room and well furnished room. She looks up from her spectacles and scroll. "Can I help you." You see there are several tables with writing material on it, there are books in the bookshelves and on the various tables. There is a round map bent around a frame or sphere in the far corner.

Inside shop


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

The an old woman in the tidy room and well furnished room. She looks up from her spectacles and scroll. "Can I help you." You see there are several tables with writing material on it, there are books in the bookshelves and on the various tables. There is a round map bent around a frame or sphere in the far corner.

Inside shop

"Greetings," he says with a bow.

"My lady is here to discuss business with you," he says with a polite gesture to Astrianna -

Diplomacy Check to "Aid" Astrianna with the business deal
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

As he steps back for Astrianna to work her charm, he quickly makes a full scan of the room via a Perception Check, noting especially the globe-like structure.

Perception Check
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Evil GM

Dirk it is an odd looking map presentation, you've never seen a map wrapped like a sphere before. It definitely has your interest.

Hey the world was flat at one time. I think common knowledge believes the world is flat, so this "globe' or "sphere" devise is quite radical.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius steps inside, placing himself in a position facing the doorway, keeping the woman in his view on the left. If this is a trap, they won't be coming at me from the doorway...
__________
Standing at F25

851 to 900 of 14,076 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.