Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


901 to 950 of 14,076 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Evil GM

The lady notices the tension and curiosity within the room. She speaks to Darius, "Oh, don't concern yourselves you are safe inside my shop, no harm will befall you here." She chuckles softly.

She then waves Dirk over towards the sphere map, "Yes...yes...an oddity isn't it, go look for yourself. It's the world as it truly is...a sphere."

"So how can I help you?'


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

...kinda was hoping Astrianna and her absurd Diplomacy would take the lead in talking with her...


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel flanks the other side of the door for a bit, but is satisfied the fighter has that covered so instead moved into the shop and looked around.

He didn't bother detecting magic since they were here probably to buy curatives and he wasn't so clever as to try to hide his casting.

Instead he keeps to his side of the room and looks about for exits, bolt holes, secret doors etc.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri moves up and nudges Astri. "You still got the list the captain gave you?"


Evil GM

The room has one window and one door that can be seen. It's a nice shop in this alley and you suspect that the crew in the alley are paid very well to protect it.

Updated Map

'Ah, your sailors and your Captain sent you with a list of needs." She nods.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"Yes ma'am," Darius says, taking the initiative. He steps forward and takes the list from Astrianna, and asks, "Are you Hielica?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna was taking in the wonders of the shop, quite curious about the spherical map for a moment. She folds the address paper up, smiling at the old woman. "Hello, you are Hielica, correct? We've been sent by Captain Willie Longplank of the Mother's Blessing- with the way he talked, you two know each other."

The half-elf tips her hat up, giving the lady a curtsey. "I am Astrianna, and you are right- we're here to acquire some medical supplies"

For now. The paper only had directions on it, I thought? If there is a list of things we're supposed to acquire, Astri hands it to her. If there isn't a list-

"We're specifically in the market for scrolls and potions that allow for the diagnoses and curing of sicknesses."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
...kinda was hoping Astrianna and her absurd Diplomacy would take the lead in talking with her...

David's early Diplomacy Check was strictly at "Aid" check, and he did succeed. Whatever she rolls for Diplomacy, she gains a +2, for what it's worth :)


Evil GM

"I am Hielica and you are?" Her hands spread out in gesture to include everyone in the room.


Evil GM

I believe Dirk was going to put together some base supplies for surgeons shop and herbs (He would have provided a 300 GP budget). The capt's list includes: remove disease potions (6), remove disease scroll (3), remove sickness potions (3)


Evil GM

Rolls aren't necessary now.

She takes the paper that captain wrote his list on. "Looks like you either have or going to a disease prone place." She nods, "Yes...I can help. Did he send coin?"


Evil GM

If there is anything you may be interested in obtaining personally you can inquire.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Not Darius, he just wants back to the ship ASAP.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, you can just never be too careful when you are planning to travel around to exotic ports. Never know what the natives might be carrying. Perhaps we could do with a few things to deal with with poison as well in case the local wildlife there is especially deadly?"

Bri looks around curiously, wondering what else be worth buying in the shop for the trip.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I didn't figure rolls were necessary, just a nice old lady! I was going to introduce everyone but I had to run out again. Good for the rest of the night. Let me think about if I need any more scrolls, I'll inquire before we leave.

Astrianna nods her head, hoping the side pouch on her haversack. The coin bag the captain gave her appears, and she hands it to the woman. "3000 gold pieces. You're right- Captain says we're headed for The Razor next. None of us have ever been there." The half-elf changes the subject from the inquiry of the diseases.

The bard sweeps her arm across her comrades. "This is David, he's our resident Doctor and idea man. Adriel, a magus of the highest caliber, Darius, a weaponsmaster, Embrianna, one of our gifted spellcasting sailors, and Sath, a druid of the sea. The Captain certainly knows how to pick up a good crew, now that I think about it." She says with a smile.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath quietly follows the others into the shop and lets them handle the transaction with the shop-keeper. After the old woman has been given the list, Sath asks how much the casting of a Remove Disease spell would cost for himself.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Did we get paid yet? Other wise I don't have squat


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David glances thoughtfully at Embrianna and flicks the ash off his cheroot, then puts it out and tosses the stub into the wastebasket.

Then he winks at her and gives her a grin.

David then turns to the woman.

”Well, truth to tell - if you got some extra masterwork healing kits, I’d be obliged, ma’am” he says with a friendly nod.

Heal Checks can boost a person’s Fortitude Save against both Poison and Disease by a +4. But they generally need a Heal Kit to do it.

Other than that, he doesn’t feel like pushing his luck.

He glances at the map thoughtfully, but doesn’t say anything else.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

We could use a scroll or two of neutralize poison, but as Adriel pointed out I have about 90 gold right now.

Astrianna raises an eyebrow at Sath. "You haven't shown any signs of being sick, Sath. You certainly sound healthy. Were you ill before you got on the ship?"


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Just think I may have come in contact with something and better safe than sorry, is all..."


Evil GM

Her eyes go up, "$3000 gold and all those needs" She mumbles, "We had a good tumble and he expects me to hold the rest of his NOTE!'

there would be an extra 500 gp in the bag for Dirk's medi-supplies. I forgot to add it earlier.

"You tell that pint sized barnacle that this is the last time I extend credit." She has a caustic tone but she wink at Astri.

She stops her grumbling and raises her thin eyebrows, "The Razor Coast you say...do be careful."


Evil GM

Bri when you look around you figure its curio shop, it's very eclectic. You certainly know it's magic shop tailored to the sea.


Evil GM
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
Did we get paid yet? Other wise I don't have squat

No payment sorry. The capt gave Astri some ship funds for the disease and surgery herbs.


Evil GM

"W..what type of disease are you bringing into my shop now ...sweetie? She becomes concerned. "This one speaks the truth...looming death often brings confessions."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Bri when you look around you figure its curio shop, it's very eclectic. You certainly know it's magic shop tailored to the sea.

David glances at Sath for a minute, then looks at the gear around him thoughtfully.

"Well, you got a thurible and an antidote kit for sale," he says finally.


Evil GM

"Yes, I've 4 real nice heal kits if you want them and yes I can get you a couple neutralize poison scrolls but those spells are expensive and well the Longplanks was good but not that good for credit."

So basically you get 9 cure disease for 3,000 GP, she will extend credit for the balance of cure disease ($375) and the 3 remove sickness potions ($150 gp). That is her limit on credit.

"I've got an antidote and thurible."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
"Yes, I've 4 real nice heal kits if you want them and yes I can get you a couple neutralize poison scrolls."

As the woman considers things, she glances hard at Sath -

baldwin the merciful wrote:
"W..what type of disease are you bringing into my shop now ...sweetie? She becomes concerned. "This one speaks the truth...looming death often brings confessions."

David turns a startled gaze on him.

"He was clean on the ship," he says slowly.

"Sath my friend, is there something you aren't telling us?" he asks.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
"Yes, I've 4 real nice heal kits if you want them and yes I can get you a couple neutralize poison scrolls but those spells are expensive and well the Longplanks was good but not that good for credit."

"A druid's scroll of neutralize poison is only about seven-hundred gold pieces; a potion's only seven-hundred and fifty," David says thoughtfully.

He turns to Sath.

"If you're really in a bind, you could buy that now," he says to him.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna lets out a full-bodied, musical laugh as Hielica reveals how she knows the Captain. The bard grins back at her. "Ah that sounds like the old salt. I'll pass on the message."

Becoming serious again, Astrianna nods. "We've heard tales of excitement and adventure. Take a look at us- I doubt we could resist even if the captain wasn't paying us."

Astrianna shoots Hawkins a dirty look, indicating he should end his line of inquiry about Sath being sick. The bard simply hand-waves the whole situation with Sath. "We had a few folks on the ship that were sick a while back, he helped treat them and is just a bit skiddish is all."

Bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

I thought Adriel's mouth was going to get us in trouble, but not these two! I'm going to have a talk with them about keeping their mouth closed...


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Looks like 375 for 3rd level druid/ranger spell of neutralize poison


Evil GM

The lady rolls up the scrolls and shows you all the potions, explaining which one is what. "If you're feeling, or thinking, your sick drink a potion. Captain doesn't want his crew sick now does he?" She looks at Dirk, "It's your call as ship surgeon." She takes a few minutes to examine Sath.

DM:

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

heal: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

"Aye...she's gonna be sick." She says glumly. Everyone is caught off-guard when she said "she.'


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

"I've got an antidote and thurible."

He flashes her a grin.

"Outstanding," he says.

He offers the coin that the captain gave him to buy gear 500 GP and picks up the Antidote Kit (100 GP), the thurible (50 GP); 20 sets of herbs for the thurible (4 GP); 2 more MW Heal Kits (110 GP) total of 264 GP and bundles the gear into a pack and slings it over his shoulder.

As he gathers the gear, he pauses and glances over at Embrianna and the comfy snake that clings to her shapely neck.

"While I'm at it, do you think I could pick up a veterinarian's kit, too?" he says (25 GP) for a new total of 289 GP.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

The lady rolls up the scrolls and shows you all the potions, explaining which one is what. "If you're feeling, or thinking, your sick drink a potion. Captain doesn't want his crew sick now does he?" She looks at Dirk, "It's your call as ship surgeon." She takes a few minutes to examine Sath.

"Aye...she's gonna be sick." She says glumly. Everyone is caught off-guard when she said "she.'

David turns to Sath and studies him thoughtfully, especially after the term "she".

He then glances back at the woman.

"Beg pardon, ma'am - if I didn't know better I'd figure that you got the an da shealladh," he says, quoting the Varisian tongue that he remembered when he traveled in the northlands.

"You know what I mean - the Second Sight," he says with a low but respectful voice.

David seems as if this is something that is an important point to him for some reason as he waits for her to respond about that matter...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is stunned when the woman says Sath is going to be sick. "What? Truly?" The bard gets rather nervous. "Am I going to be sick as well?" Is said softly, laying a hand on her chest. "I feel fine, I mean I've been fine." She seems more concerned about the confirmation the disease was spreading rather than the fact that Sath is a woman.


Evil GM

She packages up the veterinarian kit for the surgeon.

"I've seen many sick folks in my years, you learn to tell when somethings...instinct...second sight. I call it my faith."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius takes a step away from Sath at the mention of being ill, but when she addresses them as "she," Darius says, "The Hells?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
She packages up the veterinarian kit for the surgeon.

"My thanks," David says, his voice still a little weary.

baldwin the merciful wrote:
"I've seen many sick folks in my years, you learn to tell when somethings...instinct...second sight. I call it my faith."

His eyes widen and he nods his head to her.

"Sláinte chugat," he says to her with a serious tone of respect.


Evil GM

She touches the female bard, "Ah, a bit of vanity doesn't kill the mockingbird."

DM:

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

heal: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

She thinks about her words, "You should be fine. Although you never told me what nastiest you have spread to my port. What do I have in store and what do I need to start preparing for." Her tone is matter of fact.


Evil GM

She'll trade you a druid scroll of cure disease for your water breathing and call it an even swap.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The half-elf lets out a deep sigh of relief, visibly relaxing. "Thank Shelyn. I would be lost without my voice." This relaxation would only last a few moments though, her face darkening as the woman inquires about the disease.

She sighs, running fingers through her raven black hair. "Do I have your word that you won't interfere with The Mother's Blessing from leaving port? The passengers have already left the ship, but we will be leaving in another hour or so."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Some of the refugees from Westcrown had the White Plague, ma'am. Do you mind giving me a look over too? I mean, I feel fine, but we are about to ship back out for a long voyage and it would be nice to be sure."

Bri keeps eyeing Sath,trying to make out a female form underneath her armor.


Evil GM

She throws her hand sup high, "You brought the white plague with you?" She shakes her head. "I'm gonna be busy." She motions Bri over and her hand presses on her chest, the other on her back, the snake moves but this doesn't seem to concern her, "Aye, I just can't see through the mist." She looks at the young witch. "Perhaps your magic is interfering with my touch but I can't see what's happening."

DM:

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

heal: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

She looks at the crew and she gets six gallons of clear liquid, "dilute this 4 parts water to one gallon. You wash the inside of that ship good now you hear. Where they slept, where the walked...get the whole damn ship."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna throws her hands up in the air at the same time the old lady does. "Are we just going to reveal all of our secrets here? Oh, I have five nipples, Darius is a werebadger, Adriel you must be at least be seven thousand years old, and personally shook Aroden's hand before he raised the Starstone from the bottom of the sea!" Her outburst was all in one breath, at which she takes another.

She was going to continue, but realizes she is being a diva and instead exhales. "We should have a talk about the flow of information when we get back on the ship. The ship which is rapidly going to leave port and be cured of the White Plague."

Astrianna turns back to the woman, hands on her hips. "The seven sickest were sent out to sea on a rowboat with food, water, and money. A cleric on board cured three more. No one else was showing signs of the White Plague when we left an hour ago, but... we all know how it spreads. The Captain did what he could to minimize the damage."


Evil GM

"Five nipples? The lady smiles, 'I should have done a more thorough exam."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Despite her slightly sour mood, Astrianna cannot help but chuckle at the apothecary's comment. "I like you, Hielica. If I ever find myself back here again, I believe we should be friends."

The bard takes the bundled up potions and scrolls, sliding them into the main compartment of her haversack. She motions for one of the men to carry the six gallon jug- they get the heavy lifting.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

As his mates talk to the woman, David slings his set of gear over his shoulder and moves slowly across the room to study the globe and notes the curvature and the dimensions, not overly surprised at what he saw as he had met folk from Minkai and had heard quite a lot of lore of sailors who had circumnavigated.

He also recalled that many elven stargazers had established that the world was spherical simply by the rotation of the celestial bodies in conjuncture with the seasons. However, this terrestrial model of the world clearly agreed with that information.

But what truly captured his attention were the maps!

Such maps were priceless treasures; a captain who had access to one of these maps could know the locations of trade routes, currents, weather patterns, and many other details.

Fascinated by the charts, he says nothing more but lets his comrades do the talking.


Evil GM

"Try not to bring any other diseases with you. Any idea where the captain left those passenger?" She seems concerned. "Hard decision to do something like that...I wouldn't want to have to make it."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

These people were acting like children.Yhe Elf speaks,The smartest decision that could be made under the circumstances. 4 lives vs more than two score. Now, we have what we were sent for and time is short finish this and let's get back to the ship. I lived in Westcrown long enough to know I don't want to get stranded in Cheliax.

The elf moves back and places a hand on the door. Then his smile and usual swagger returns.
Beg pardon my Lady. Now everyone, shall we? Or do I cut my losses and Darius and I can CARRY the Songbird and Rose back to the ship and leave the rest of you to chatter while we sail off?
The elf bows and cracks the door open.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
"Dilute this 4 parts water to one gallon. You wash the inside of that ship good now you hear. Where they slept, where the walked...get the whole damn ship."

David perks up at this information.

"Is it vinegar?" he asks curiously from his place by the maps, cursing himself that he had forgotten to ask for that staple in curing flues and general cleaning earlier.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"Sounds good to me. Let's get things going guys."

901 to 950 of 14,076 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.