Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


16,401 to 16,450 of 26,346 << first < prev | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | next > last >>

Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

When the party arrives at Talbard's, Orsin finally speaks. Voice plain, all business.

"I need to purchase quite a volume of scrolls, Master Talbard. Faelyn's death was my fault; we were unprepared for what happened. We cannot let it happen again."

The bard looks tired.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10
Andrea1 wrote:
Andrea makes sure to toss some cookies inside for him to munch.

Excuse me...I could use some milk to go with these cookies if you know what I mean


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Zizmort wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:
Andrea makes sure to toss some cookies inside for him to munch.
Excuse me...I could use some milk to go with these cookies if you know what I mean

Silly imp needs to learn more about humans.

Andrea will rise and hug Orsin, wordlessly welcoming him but clearly glad that he is back with them. Let us not dwell to much on that.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"Yes, Faelyn was a..." what was he "he was friend. I would help him a the library at time, that is where he met Ziz." She sips her tea. "We had lunch yesterd..." her voice trails off and she begins to weep.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea places her hand on Melissa's shoulder. He was a friend of mine as well. I was with him at the Hellcaller's cup and he did fantastic, even though his opponent cheated and tried to win. Andrea 's lips curled.Cheated and still lost.

Andrea hands Melissa a hankerchief.Let us not lose hope. I am sure Talbard is looking into bringing Faelyn back to us. It is the least we can do for a friend.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"What do you mean that Talbard is looking to bring Faelyn back to us?' A glimmer of hope in her voice.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"I doubt that I ever came up in discussion with Faelyn, but I do have talents," she says earnestly "I work in at the academia library and I research lots of things, if that will help you out." I've sat back too long as it is, I want to help.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I believe that they took Faelyn to a temple to see if he wishes to come back to life, From what I know of him, I belive he will do do. Andrea pats Melissa's hand.

Any help would be welcome, we all have to work together to make Westcrown safe at night again.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn, Lucrezia, Talbard, and Daniel take a coach to Talbard's. He opens the door and immediately sees Melissaa. He runs across the room and grabs her. He kisses her passionately before she has time to react. After about two minutes, he leans back and puts both of his hands on her cheeks. Wow! That was worth the wait! I am sorry. When I died, all I could think of was you. I regretted never doing that in life!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Standing back with Talbard and Daniel, Lucrezia watches as Faelyn darts ahead and kisses Melissaa. "Oohh, that was so sweet." I wonder who my dieing thoughts would be of? I suppose no one if a name doesn't pop immediately into mind. Orn and Truk are fun and I do care about them, but I don't know about love.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea was about to step forwards when Faelyn entered the shop but when he darted ahead and started kissing Melissa, she paused and smiled.

He has found someone, that is good. Goddess bless their passion.

Andrea made a small sign and prayed and then released Ziz from his from .Go to Faelyn and start groveling, you horny devil you.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin looks on, the emotional wall he had put up since the group's previous encounter beginning to dissolve. Maybe this is what we're fighting for...

If only I could find a...

No, don't be a fool. You don't deserve that kind of happiness, Bessatte. Not after the mess you've made.

Orsin makes his previous inquiry with Talbard once they've all arrived. He kisses Andrea's forehead in response to her embrace. His defenses melting once more. You keep putting up barriers just to have them taken down again.

The poor bard's in quite a state, his emotions like tempest-tossed ocean.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Milissaa's heart is pounding as the revived wizard confesses his passion.


"Oh....I just knew you'd be better...I brought Melissaa here to welcome you back...you look good, much better than yesterday."


H, NPC Wizard

The group gather's in the room, Talbard nods to Orsin, "I'm sure you could use a few scrolls, what are you looking for to help out?"


NPC, H/Elf

Promptly at noon Areal and Janiven show up at Talbard's, they go over and welcome Faelyn back, "It's wonderful that Imodae's healing was able to bring you back to this world." His eye moves to the lovely librarian,"Many missed you."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea makes Orsin a cup of tea so he can soothe his nerves. Just relax some. We have time to decide what we will do next.

Andrea will help Orsin get the scrolls arranged as he buys them.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Zizmort, NPC wrote:
"Oh....I just knew you'd be better...I brought Melissaa here to welcome you back...you look good, much better than yesterday."

As Ziz lands on Faelyn's shoulder: My faithful companion who was healing me as I was struck down!


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Arael wrote:
Promptly at noon Areal and Janiven show up at Talbard's, they go over and welcome Faelyn back, "It's wonderful that Imodae's healing was able to bring you back to this world." His eye moves to the lovely librarian,"Many missed you."

Faelyn moves to the side of Melissaa and puts his arm around her. I have been resurrected in more ways than one! I know now that I am here to release this city from its oppressors! I oath to you all to give my full talents to the you...I have been to the other side and can report that their is joy unspeakable, but I have been brought back to ease the suffering of the people. Iomedae and Cayden have had their eyes on this city and have handpicked those who now stand in this room!


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Indeed! Let us not give into despair over what has happened. We all have another chance on making this city be reborn in spirit.

Andrea will procure a lead-lined box in order to store the Morrowfall inside.


Evil GM

I'm going to sit back and let you all RP a bit amongst yourself. Hopefully, Daniel is on and can introduce himself to all. Perhaps you can talk about what happened and some better group battle tactics. Put forth some gear/scroll suggestions for Talbard.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well which one picked me? Iomedae or Cayden? Anyway, let's all get inside maybe have a drink and a serious discussion on our next move."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Here is a list of scroll suggestions, all of which I should be able to use, assuming minimum CL unless otherwise noted. After I buy my +1 mithral agile breastplate from Grumm, I should have 2,789 gp to spend on scrolls. Obviously, I can't buy all of these. Recommendations for which are top priority? (Except gust of wind; we've already learned our lesson and I'm buying at least two of those.) Also, Andrea, maybe you'd be able to scribe some of these and I can pay you 75% market price instead?

Resist Energy-Communal
Dispel Magic
Break Enchantment
Remove Blindness
Remove Paralysis
Faerie Fire
Mass Featherstep
Elemental Speech
Glyph of Warding
Locate Object
Remove Curse
Levitate
Fly
Air Walk
Chaos Hammer (CL 8)
Control Water
Crusaders Edge
Cure Critical Wounds
Greater Infernal Healing
Repel Vermin
Sending
Tongues
Water Walk, Communal
Detect Secret Doors
Endure Elements, Communal
Mount, Communal
Ant Haul
Ablative Sphere
Gust of Wind
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
Spider Climb, Communal
Dimension Door
Solid Fog
Illusory Wall
Greater Invisibility


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea adds a little brandy to her tea.

Needless to say we massivly screwed up out there. We strung ourselves out all over the field instead of trying to work together. We wasted far too much time trying to intimidate the guards rather than just strking from surprise and pushing into the house, that is no doubt why the spellcaster was able to have free reign to assult us.

I think that Faelyn or Lucrezia, now that she is developing her arcane skills should keep a spell up that allows us to communicate with each other on the battlefield.

Goes crazy over Orsin's list. I can Do Air Walk and Water Walk- Communal, Resist Energy-Communal,Remove Blidness/Paralysis,,Dispel Magic
Chaos Hammer,Remove Curse and any 4th level and lower Cleric spells at 7th level ability


Evil GM

For those creating their own scrolls, there is a time element you need to factor:

Scribe Scrolls:

Scribe Scroll (Item Creation)

You can create magic scrolls.

Prerequisite: Caster level 1st.

Benefit: You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. Scribing a scroll takes 2 hours if its base price is 250 gp or less, otherwise scribing a scroll takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. To scribe a scroll, you must use up raw materials costing half of this base price.

See magic item creation rules for more information.

magic item creation:

Magic Item Creation

To create magic items, spellcasters use special feats which allow them to invest time and money in an item's creation. At the end of this process, the spellcaster must make a single skill check (usually Spellcraft, but sometimes another skill) to finish the item. If an item type has multiple possible skills, you choose which skill to make the check with. The DC to create a magic item is 5 + the caster level for the item. Failing this check means that the item does not function and the materials and time are wasted. Failing this check by 5 or more results in a cursed item.

Note that all items have prerequisites in their descriptions. These prerequisites must be met for the item to be created. Most of the time, they take the form of spells that must be known by the item's creator (although access through another magic item or spellcaster is allowed). The DC to create a magic item increases by 5 for each prerequisite the caster does not meet. The only exception to this is the requisite item creation feat, which is mandatory. In addition, you cannot create potions, spell-trigger, or spell-completion magic items without meeting its prerequisites.

While item creation costs are handled in detail below, note that normally the two primary factors are the caster level of the creator and the level of the spell or spells put into the item. A creator can create an item at a lower caster level than her own, but never lower than the minimum level needed to cast the needed spell. Using metamagic feats, a caster can place spells in items at a higher level than normal.

Magic supplies for items are always half of the base price in gp. For many items, the market price equals the base price. Armor, shields, weapons, and items with value independent of their magically enhanced properties add their item cost to the market price. The item cost does not influence the base price (which determines the cost of magic supplies), but it does increase the final market price.

In addition, some items cast or replicate spells with costly material components. For these items, the market price equals the base price plus an extra price for the spell component costs. The cost to create these items is the magic supplies cost plus the costs for the components. Descriptions of these items include an entry that gives the total cost of creating the item.

The creator also needs a fairly quiet, comfortable, and well-lit place in which to work. Any place suitable for preparing spells is suitable for making items. Creating an item requires 8 hours of work per 1,000 gp in the item's base price (or fraction thereof), with a minimum of at least 8 hours. Potions and scrolls are an exception to this rule; they can take as little as 2 hours to create (if their base price is 250 gp or less). Scrolls and potions whose base price is more than 250 gp, but less than 1,000 gp, take 8 hours to create, just like any other magic item. The character must spend the gold at the beginning of the construction process. Regardless of the time needed for construction, a caster can create no more than one magic item per day. This process can be accelerated to 4 hours of work per 1,000 gp in the item's base price (or fraction thereof) by increasing the DC to create the item by 5.

The caster can work for up to 8 hours each day. He cannot rush the process by working longer each day, but the days need not be consecutive, and the caster can use the rest of his time as he sees fit. If the caster is out adventuring, he can devote 4 hours each day to item creation, although he nets only 2 hours' worth of work. This time is not spent in one continuous period, but rather during lunch, morning preparation, and during watches at night. If time is dedicated to creation, it must be spent in uninterrupted 4-hour blocks. This work is generally done in a controlled environment, where distractions are at a minimum, such as a laboratory or shrine. Work that is performed in a distracting or dangerous environment nets only half the amount of progress (just as with the adventuring caster).

A character can work on only one item at a time. If a character starts work on a new item, all materials used on the under-construction item are wasted.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I can't answer that Lucrezia, but I can tell you that Cayden is cool as s$!&! He has my loyalty now.

Faelyn frowns as he remembers the fight. So much happened so fast. He wasn't on his game and made poor decisions.

I agree that we need to keep up message. I don't know what happened that night. I kept it up in the past. We also need a leader. A frontline combatant that barks commands.

Cue Daniel!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"We also need to stick together more. We spread out too much in battle and aren't near enough our comrades to help them when they are in danger. None of us know yet for sure what happened to Grimm because he was out of our sight."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Yep, I can get a Dispel Magic out in a day since it is 262 GP

Talbard, I don't know when I can pay for it, but can you inquire about purchasing an Ioun Stone that can deepen my insight?

Looking for Incandescent Blue Sphere Ioun Stone that gives +2 to Wisdom

Edit:

Perhaps Orsin should purchase a shortbow that is designed to take advantage of his strength.Compound shortbow Having some ranged ability with the rest of us would be very useful.

Perhaps also a wand that can help restore lost vitality, the undea we have faced in the past have proven deadly with their draining touches.

Wand of Lesser Restore


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will enter Talbard's store,upon seeing Faelyn John will say:
"It's good to see you walking again Faelyn."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Welcome back John, where you at your mentor's again? Did he have anything to say?

What items did you want me to enchant to become masterwork quality?


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
John Deos wrote:

John will enter Talbard's store,upon seeing Faelyn John will say:

"It's good to see you walking again Faelyn."

Aye! And you as well Tin Man! Faelyn walks over to hug John and awkwardly puts out his arms...then readjust to the side...then to the other side...then put his fist out for a bump when he realizes he can't get close enough due to the suit of armor. Dang how does he walk around in that get up?!


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:

I can't answer that Lucrezia, but I can tell you that Cayden is cool as s~%$! He has my loyalty now.

Faelyn frowns as he remembers the fight. So much happened so fast. He wasn't on his game and made poor decisions.

I agree that we need to keep up message. I don't know what happened that night. I kept it up in the past. We also need a leader. A frontline combatant that barks commands.

Cue Daniel!

Daniel steps forward, it seemed there would not be a better time.

I may be able to help with that. Despite my.....patrons reservations about this group your deeds have achieved alot in the short time you have been here. I would not dare suggest to replace a fallen friend, but I am an experienced soldier of Imodae, having served and survived at the World wound. If you would make use of my arm an Imodae's blessings I am yours. I cannot pledge direct support from Tilneros, for that would invite more attention than the house could stand. But a rogue servant of Imodae would be tolerated, so long as you do not directly threaten Thrune.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Aside to Faelyn when they have a moment:
I see you have the lady's eye over there. Good luck to the both of you, hopefully you will do as good a job for her as you did for me. Andrea teases.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Andrea1 wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Whispering to Andrea:

Andrea:

I have never felt like this before. I want to be a better man for her.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Daniel Arrisen wrote:
Cue Daniel!

Daniel steps forward, it seemed there would not be a better time.

I may be able to help with that. Despite my.....patrons reservations about this group your deeds have achieved alot in the short time you have been here. I would not dare suggest to replace a fallen friend, but I am an experienced soldier of Imodae, having served and survived at the World wound. If you would make use of my arm an Imodae's blessings I am yours. I cannot pledge direct support from Tilneros, for that would invite more attention than the house could stand. But a rogue servant of Imodae would be tolerated, so long as you do not directly threaten Thrune.

Andrea arches an eyebrow at the rather handsome and bold man make his statement. Returning hope to the Wiscrani by freeing people from the threat of the Shadowbeasts is a goal all of us have. I think that we, at least I have forgotten that at times. Attempting to rebel against Thrune would bring disaster upon us so I would most certainly not make such an attempt. I would welcome your help.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Whispering to Andrea:

** spoiler omitted **

Faelyn:
Calistria's blessings on the both of you, just remember to use some precautions when you have your first date. Andrea teases again.Your are a good man, just keep doing what you are doing.

Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Andrea, My new armor is not yet at the quality of my old armor, and my mace seems to be getting used far to often not to improve it."

To the new man. "We would never threaten Trune, I would not allow it."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
John Deos wrote:

"Andrea, My new armor is not yet at the quality of my old armor, and my mace seems to be getting used far to often not to improve it."

To the new man. "We would never threaten Trune, I would not allow it."

I can get to work on your armor and mace tomorrow, I had prayed for different spells today.

Filled my slots up with different stuff.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal
John Deos wrote:

"Andrea, My new armor is not yet at the quality of my old armor, and my mace seems to be getting used far to often not to improve it."

To the new man. "We would never threaten Trune, I would not allow it."

Daniel appraises the Hellknight.

His order did not bode well for the man's soul, but there WERE some good heated Knights. Perhaps this was one.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Ugh, I hate to be that guy, but it'll just keep bugging me til I say something. Daniel, your goddess' name is misspelled in your hp/AC line. ;p

Orsin nods at Andrea's suggestions, giving her words considerable consideration.


Evil GM

Orsin that is sort of funny cause I've been misspelling her name too. I've been looking at Daniel's stat line! Oops. Now I msut cur and paste Iomedae 100 times, Iomedae...Iomedae...Iomedae...


H, NPC Wizard

"Yes my dear I can get you an Incandescent Blue Sphere Ioun Stone, they run $8000 gold,"

Make a fame check to see if he can it for slight discount and pass the saving on to you.

His eyes widen some as Orsin presents is parchment lisitng the scrolls that he would like to purchase. "I've several of these spells on hand, but do you have a priority of what you are looking for?" he looks over the list, "Some of the divine spells can be purchased from Tobian along with that vitality wand."

Andrea you would, also, know that your patron priest Alister Mchuffin can to scrolls and wands.


NPC, H/Elf

Areal listens to the conversations then offers, "Our patrols to maintain calm have been very busy and for the most part well received by the residents of the city. They have been a calming influence and have stops 3 vandals of businesses, 2 muggings and have escorted many people home." He glances at Andrea, A foundation to the lightbearers."We are continuing our patrols to render assistance to those in need."

"I'm not sure if you noticed for 2 of the spiral flames had gone out....not sure hat that means."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Fame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Andrea avoids calling Talbard a son of a goblin again. Thank you for your efforts Talbard, it will be a while before I can get the funds though. Andrea jangles her somewhat flat gold purse.

As for the spiral flames, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing good comes out of that. The devils have free reign of the ruins and the Spiral and are no doubt working to free the Pit Fiend. So.. Andrea sighs. We might have to be ready to evacuate people or at least the area around the ruins

What do we do now? I belive Orsin wants to get a farewell performance ready at the Limehouse, and there is the matter of the murders that happened in the sewers, although it has been so long I don't know if anything can be done.

Edit: Andrea considers. There is the matter of Sascar Tilneros being missing, but we were going to search the ruins for her. Considering now what has happened, she may very well be dead from the explosion or the devils.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea considers. Something we can do to locate Sascar Tilneros, we still have the scroll of Scrying from the Wavedoor that has been given to Faelyn. We also have her relatives who can tell us more abotu her and even provide possessions to aid us. We can Scry her location and if she is in the ruins it might be possible do a quick raid to rescue her. As long as we don't enter the Spiral, the devils might be willing to overlook our actions.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Lord Tilneros would certainly appreciate the effort. Judging by the recount of their actions the devils would seem to have a singular focus in their efforts to free their master.I may be , wrong but I would think they would not be distracted. Were you not to return for your comrade's remains anyway? If our intent was made clear simply to recover her, passage may be quite reasonable. Destroying the fiend may not even be necessary. With it's contract to remain null and void it would be free to return to it's own plane, or even if it remained it would act to merely maintain the rule of Thrune. Devil's were bought to Cheliax and Westcrown by Thrune's bargain with Asmodeus, himself. It is that pact that binds the modus operandi the devil's act under. They are ALL bound to serve the interest of Law here. Wanton destruction will not be it's goal. In fact, it may take exception to any attempts to control it. So they could actually prove as much a enemy of the younger breed of the council as we are. I am certainly not advocating another deal with a devil. But we can put foreword that we are not at cross purposes.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We might need to consult with a lawyer again, but isn't any contract made under duress not binding? Why yes, I am thinking underhanded here and you can stop scowling John, but since we were thrust into agreeing into giving up the contract under the pain of death any agreement is not binding.

Not attempting to be difficult but just something Andrea would no doubt think of.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal
Andrea1 wrote:

We might need to consult with a lawyer again, but isn't any contract made under duress not binding? Why yes, I am thinking underhanded here and you can stop scowling John, but since we were thrust into agreeing into giving up the contract under the pain of death any agreement is not binding.

Not attempting to be difficult but just something Andrea would no doubt think of.

Worth investigating to be sure, but devils torture and threaten for contracts frequently. You may be considering Andoran law for Asmodean. Your hellknight will tell you certainly that sects of Hellknights are not above such tactics and in many areas is lawful


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Per our agreement with the devil lady, our comrade's remains as well as those of that damn mage will be left at the barricade for us."

Andrea did share that part, right?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Yes.

16,401 to 16,450 of 26,346 << first < prev | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.