Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


16,151 to 16,200 of 26,346 << first < prev | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | next > last >>

Evil GM

DM:

reflex save for the halfling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I'm not accusing you of foul play or anything. It was a miscommunication caused by me trying to make sure Grimm was still alive. All I'm asking is a little consideration.


Evil GM

I'm going to wait a bit to see if John logs on.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Spellcraft to ID Fireball=DC181d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Grimm inhales deeply and braces for the effect as he recognises the words and gestures.
Hope the little bastard cops it as well

Reflex Save vs Magic1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
Once again, but possibly for the last time, his dwarven resistance shrugs off the majority of the damage. But the sum of his injuries is too much to bear, he falls.

The wounds were not immediately fatal, but who knew what the halfling intended to do, he could only spare a final prayer, Angradd, I ain't ready yet. The battle's NOT done and me friends're in trouble. Drag me away, but I serve ye cause ye ain't a pussy like them other gods. This ain't done. Not until me friends're safe...

Grimm is at -5


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

round 7
fort save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
move to C27
attack erinyes 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 = 11
damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Lucrezia moves up out of the cloud and fires another arrow at the devil chick.

"Okay guys, the clouds about ready to cover this building any second. So we have to either go in NOW or run away."


Evil GM

con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Lucrezia you take another point of con damage from the cloudkill. Moving you to C7. Your arrow misses.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Were-Truk grabs Faelyn's body and moves around the sleet and towards the group.

This will provoke from the devil. The new map doesn't scroll up far enough but based on the old map Truk moves to -A21.


Evil GM

I'm still waiting on John to post his action before I take both devils actions.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Ah, then I reserve the right to change my actions up if they do something crazy.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

In round 7, does the spirit naga act on my initiative count? And am I free to take a full round's worth of actions on my turn?


Evil GM

orsin:
Correct, it acts on your initiative and you get your regular action, it's just like the summon monster spell


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John moves between the eryine and Andrea and uses a stranded action to use his tower shield to provide cover. He then says.
"Inside the building I some some kind of wisp."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

If I read the earlier map correctly, the erinyes is standing on top of one of the buildings. I want the naga to appear next to her and grapple. Just want to confirm that I can pull this off before I post my actions officially.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
John Deos wrote:

John moves between the eryine and Andrea and uses a stranded action to use his tower shield to provide cover. He then says.

"Inside the building I some some kind of wisp."

Those might be undead. Perhaps like those Shadows we have fought before.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Then that really is not a good way to go, We might have to regroup. Where is the Dwarf?"


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I do not know. Truk is out there somewhere, I don't know what is going on with this cloud blocking everything.

Andrea suddenly hears a howl of rage and sadness. Truk? What is happening?


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Stabilisation Rolls -5HP1d20 - 5 ⇒ (10) - 5 = 5

Stabilisation Rolls -6HP1d20 - 6 ⇒ (4) - 6 = -2

Stabilisation Rolls -7HP1d20 - 7 ⇒ (11) - 7 = 4

Stabilisation Rolls -8HP1d20 - 8 ⇒ (12) - 8 = 4

Stabilisation Rolls -9HP1d20 - 9 ⇒ (8) - 9 = -1


Evil GM

Rd 7:

The eriynes hisses in her foul language after the Hellknight decides to defend his comrade, changing her focus he shoots a the bard. The next spellcaster in her view.

flaming bow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
plus fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5

flaming bow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 = 26;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
plus fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2

flaming bow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
plus fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Orsin:

I put up a map to show you the building where the eriynes is located. There is rooftop there for the naga to appear and if you want her to grapple that's fine. Note: The eriynes may be out of range for the summoning spell, I haven't computed the distance but it's the standard length 25ft plus 5 feet for every 2 levels. You should be able to get it close.


Evil GM

RD 7: updated Map showing northern buildings

NORTHERN END


Evil GM

The large bone devil remaining in the flame lashes out at the wolf-like orc,

bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32;damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

claw1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23;damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

claw2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35;damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33;damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 5 = 17
plus poison fort save str damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Confirming crit:

claw2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
claw is x2 damage


"fly...fly...fly...they mean nothing to me, a blip in my memory...back to the library....back"


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Okay, nothing crazy. Grabbing Faelyn and moving away as previously stated, skirting the icestorm and cloudkill and provoking an AoO.

After reaching the designated space, Truk heals himself.

CMW (Converting Sound Burst): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Orsin! Get behind John's shield and heal! Andrea reaches into her haversack and grabs the scroll of Dispel Magic from the old Wavedoor treasure. Her words moving over the advanced spell, she begins targeting the cloud of poison

CL check DC 11: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for Dispel Magic CL 10

She then targets the cloud of poison, trying to make it vanish

Dispel Magic, CL 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Evil GM

How many actions you plan to take there Truk, to bend down in order to pick Faelyn up is move. In flame which is going to damage you. Then you need to stand up with the body. Then you want to move to -A21 and heal all in 1 Rd? You will need a strength check to pick him up.

picking up:

Manipulate an Item

Moving or manipulating an item is usually a move action.

This includes retrieving or putting away a stored item, picking up an item, moving a heavy object, and opening a door. Examples of this kind of action, along with whether they incur an attack of opportunity.

Stand Up:

Standing up from a prone position requires a move action and provokes attacks of opportunity.

flame damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 3) = 12 Reflex DC15 for half

AoO tail: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24;damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 5 = 9
plus poison str: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I'd forgotten about the action to pick up Faelyn so I'll skip on the healing this turn.

Move Action: Grab Faelyn's ankle

Standard Action: Move Away

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Why do I need a strength check to pick up Faelyn? Is he stuck to something?

Strength: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Wait, we have to spend extra actions to pick up things that are on the ground now? Can I just drag it away?


Evil GM

I suppose I should roll the additional damage Faelyn's body has take being prone in the flame.

4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 5) = 20


Evil GM

Nobody knocked you prone, I simply broke down everything you were attempting to doing in a single round. Why wouldn't you need a strength check you are lifting a flaming body.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Because it's well within my carrying capacity.

Either way, if I have to spend an extra action to pick it up, can I just drag it away instead?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Would picking up a body actually make you prone?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants


perception if needed 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
attack 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 = 21
damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 = 25
damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

"We can't just leave not knowing what's happened to the others. Last time we did that we found one in the morgue and I don't want to leave anyone else to die."

Forewarned about the wisps, Lucrezia draws a couple ghost salt arrows as she moves into the ruins. Spotting the shadowy forms, she fires a couple arrows at them.


Evil GM

Practically for what Truk is trying to do is reach his tall broad muscular frame down into flames, get his hands around a prone, dead weight burning body, manipulate the body so he can lift it. That certainly seems like move and standard action/Combat maneuver to me. I previously posted and we discussed at length my original suggestion to drag the body. You choose not to do that action originally. I've been consistent about not recon actions.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

perception if needed 1d20+16
attack 1d20+12-2
damage 1d8+9
attack 1d20+7-2
damage 1d8+9

"We can't just leave not knowing what's happened to the others. Last time we did that we found one in the morgue and I don't want to leave anyone else to die."

Forewarned about the wisps, Lucrezia draws a couple ghost salt arrows as she moves into the ruins. Spotting the shadowy forms, she fires a couple arrows at them.

You need to climb over the ruins to get inside so that would be a climb check. I think it would be better to shoot silver arrows at the Erynies. Plus check for a crit.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Yes. I'm trying the drag now. Can I drag Faelyn's body out to the designated space as a move + standard out this turn? Not an over-the-shoulder carry. Literally grabbing an ankle and running with it.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you have enough of an opening to get your bow aim through, and you are fairly confident that you hit something. Were these special arrows in any way?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

The ghost salt ones for incorperal creatures.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
baldwin the merciful wrote:

I suppose I should roll the additional damage Faelyn's body has take being prone in the flame.

4d6

Just pile it on! ;) Thanks for grabbing my body Trukzilla!


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Don't thank me just yet. I may have to bail if it's going to take two rounds worth of actions to drag you to safety.

How much does Faelyn weigh?


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

160#


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

That's big for an elf but still well within a light load for the strength 24 were-Truk.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Just break off a finger or ear for a reincarnate


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I think that included gear.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

As Orsin's dark chant rises to its sinster crescendo, a cloud of black smoke and ash, choked with fiery cinders explodes beside the erinyes, revealing a coiled, serpentine monster.

Abyssal:

"Spirit naga, kill the erinyes!"

The naga moves in response (if need be), it's face lashing out to bite the winged devil.

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

*Sigh*, oh well. At least it's gotten into melee with the erinyes.

Orsin uses his move action to get cover behind the others at B28. If he has a line of sight into the house (perhaps through a window?) where Grimm is fighting the wizard, he uses his wand of silence on an unattended object or point of space near their melee.

Time for work!


Evil GM

Orsin - That was cool a surprise.

The naga appears and has to slither up part of the building but it does manage to get to eriynes at try to bite.

Orsin you move and see rubble but there is an opening at the top to climb through and over. There are some patches of opening to pick into.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

There's no sense in wasting more time on this, especially since Faelyn is already dead.

Truk wants to get away with Faelyn's body this turn. If there's no way to do that, he'll just move away on his own.


Evil GM

Truk you can move away next round.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Okay, do I have Faelyn in hand at least?


Evil GM

yes you have Faelyn


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Okay.


Evil GM

Truk only:
Truk are your current HPs correct? I have 47 points from the last attack. Then fire damage from the flame. I'm not sure if you were injured prior, I'd have to go back through the posts.

Rd 6; John moved between the Eryines and Andrea and std action deployed his Tower shieled.

Rd 7

Nyxervex - hit Truk.
Faelyn - drinking icewine in the sky with Cayden Cailean.
G2 - fled
G1 - dead
G3 - dead
eryines - hit Orsin
- 2 bearded devils -dead
Aberten - fireballed Grimm
Grimm - dying
Lucrezia - missed fort save, missed her attack
Andrea - Cloud Kill is dispelled
Truk - Picked up Faelyn
John -
Orsin - moved to B28, used silent wand
- Spirit naga (summoned) moved up on the roof and missed her bite attempt on the eryines.

John still has his Rd 7 action.

--------
Rd 8

Nyxervex -
Faelyn - drinking icewine in the sky with Cayden Cailean.
G2 - fled
G1 - dead
G3 - dead
eryines -
- 2 bearded devils -dead
Aberten -
Grimm - drinking ale with Faelyn and Cayden Cailean
Lucrezia -
Andrea -
Truk -
John -
Orsin -

Battlefield Map


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will keep his shield up covering everyone. He will then pull out his potion of fly from his bag.

16,151 to 16,200 of 26,346 << first < prev | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.