Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


16,301 to 16,350 of 26,346 << first < prev | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | next > last >>

Male Human, NPC Fighter, Dottari Sergeant

"We've come to an accord with the Hellknight of the Rack, we are securing this blockade while the Rack takes over the the other one," He points towards the other alleyway. "Heard the Rack has already put reinforcements on their way from their HQ outside the city.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea doesn't look at anyone as she limps up to the barricade.

Yes, there were seven of us. No one go into the ruins, there are devils there that will kill anyone who approaches. We need to recover ourselves..


Evil GM

Solemn faces follow the priestess' words.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea will just head back into the city proper and into her apartment. After stripping off her bloodstained and burned robes, she slips into bed and just faces the wall, sleep not coming.


Evil GM

Truk's somewhat confused asks, "Where are we taking the Champ back to the safehouse or to his wizard friend?" The question's not really directed to anyone in particular.


Ziz maintains his invisibility as he arrives at the library, he impatiently flutters around waiting for the door to open, so he can sneak inside. I liked him too...plus he had the moves on women, what wasn't there to like....too cocky though. Think I'll move into the ancient Thassion section bet there's some good reading there.


Evil GM

Andrea went back to her apartment, Faelyn and Daniel are not technically in the group right now. That leaves Lucrezia, Orsin and John to decide where to take Faelyn - the safehouse or his wizard buddy, Talbard the Grey.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I'm really not sure where the best place to take Faelyn. Though maybe Talberd can help keep the body fresh till we can revive him? As far as Lucrezia knows that may be were Ziz has gone off to anyway.


Evil GM

You all tell me, there really isn't a wrong answer, its just gets the ball moving for the rp.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I'll go with Talberd's then.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will return to the safe house to the safe house to tell Arael what has happened.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Take him to Talbard's


NPC, H/Elf

Not sure if Orsin is with John. Truk and Lucreazia make their way to Talbard's.

Areal has a look of surprise when John enters. His gaze looks over the battered hellknight, "Where are the others? He pauses, "Is the mansion secure?" He waits for a few seconds believing the others would be there soon, then he continues, "We just heard that the Council of Thieves has splintered into two groups and are in open rebellion and infighting for power. Chammady and Ecarrdian Drovenge are seeking to seize control from their father Commander Vassindio Drovenge, who rules over of the council. The rebellious scions sent their agents to the manor when it exploded, did you run into them?


H, NPC Wizard

The door to the 'Talbard's Wonderous Items' is locked when Truk and Lucrezia arrive.The door slide opens and bushy eyebrows appear, "Ohhhh, it's you Truk and Lucrezia, one second let me unlock the door." The sound of five locks can be heard, then some mumbling behind the thick oak door. "come in ....come in...the city is a mess today, everyone has locked up with all the looting going...." His voice trails off when he sees the charred body held by Truk. A tear runs from his eye and he sighs heavily. "How?


Female NPC, Halfling

As Andrea lays curled in her bed looking a the wall, she feels the small body slide under the sheets and cuddles up to her backside wordlessly.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well sir, it involved a giant pillar of fire, an Erinyes and some mage working for the Council of Thieves. Is there space here where we could possibly leave Faelyn until we can see about finding a way to resurrect him?"


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"We never got into the mansion. we where attacked by devils and a wizard. Faelyn did not make it, and Grimm went missing. The battle was stopped when we gave the contract over the pit fiend to the Devil attacking us. They are most likely releasing it now. So for now the city is no longer at threat from that devil since it would be in no shape to do anything. As for the others Andrea went back to her place and Turk and Lucreazia have taken Faelyn's body to Talbards."
Adjust the last sentence to say where Orsin when ever he says where he is going.


H, NPC Wizard

"Yes...yes his room," the shows you upstairs to well appointed chamber. "I'll contact Tobian the Divine, he can bring him back tomorrow." he touches the elf, "To...morrow.'


NPC, H/Elf

"F...F...Faelyn didn't make it? Where's his body?" He shakes his head, the fog clearing "he's at Talbard"s...good, good. I need to contact Lord Tilernos' cleric Tobian he has a shop near the bridge. He can heal him....he will heal him."

His face loses color, "Poor Gruum may have lost yet another, I need to see him personally." He picks up his cloak. "How are you two doing and the others?"


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I believe I was the least hurt of everyone. The enemy wizard summoned a poisonous cloud that everyone else went through but me. The focus of our enemies were also on others."


NPC, H/Elf

"What of Grimm, how is he MIA?"


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Fiosa Sweettooth, wrote:
As Andrea lays curled in her bed looking a the wall, she feels the small body slide under the sheets and cuddles up to her backside wordlessly.

Andrea clasps her hand over Fiosa's. Faelyn is dead and we have no idea where Grimm is. They.. Andrea's voice catches. The devils, they just crushed us, along with some wizard. They filled the air with poison and ice and beat us into a corner and I just broke and gave them the contract over the Pit Friend underneth the Mayor's manor.

Andrea trembles again, feeling such shame. Now that thing is going to get out, and it can turn Westcrown into a flaming hole if it wants to.

I'm such a disgrace..a twice over traitor..

You..should go to Emily where we sent her to stay safe. I feel Westcrown is going to get much worse.


Human, NPC

Janiven enters the building, "Oh, your back John." her eyes take in the somber moment, "it's true the first noble house in the city, House Drovenge, is in turmoil right now. The kids are trying to overthrow their father as leader of the Council of Thieves, utter chaos." Shaking her head and sighing. "House Thrune will have to move on Westcrown now"

"Areal the usurpers that are lead by the kids have employed a couple spellcasters...Arberten "The Dealer" Vittershins, a wellknown sorcerer and harrower, along with that spell dueler, Mantrithor Thrax, who Faelyn defeated in the arena."


Female NPC, Halfling

Fiosa listens, squeezes Andrea's hand, then softly kisses her neck. "The people of this city are proud to have you at their side. Fighting their battles. Standing up for fairness and justice."
She hugs her lover.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Fiosa Sweettooth, wrote:

Fiosa listens, squeezes Andrea's hand, then softly kisses her neck. "The people of this city are proud to have you at their side. Fighting their battles. Standing up for fairness and justice."

She hugs her lover.

Andrea inhales, the soft scent of Fiosa's hair and the tenderness of her hand. The same hand that lay upon her arm so long ago, when she let Andrea know she believed in her..

Andrea quietly turned and drew Fiosa against her, feeling the beat of Fiosa's heart against hers and let other matters spread a balm over her wounded soul..

Getting a good night's sleep


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin goes to the safehouse with John. He'll get his scrolls from Talbard tomorrow along with his armor.

Orsin regards Arael silently as the elf presses John with his questions. He lets the Hellknight deal with their "fearless leader" and instead strides past into the common area. Quietly, he gathers candles from around the safehouse, arranging them on the mantle of the fireplace. He lights them with a tindertwig, one by one, and with each flickering light he gives a gentle whisper.

"Tweeker...Duncan...Ermolos...Sunny...Faelyn..."

...Grimm...?

Orsin stares at the candles for several hours until the last of them is out. Tears in his eyes and needles in his heart, he quietly sings an Andoran ballad, one that would likely get him killed if heard by the wrong ears.



"We'll drive the Chelish devils home,
We'll drive them from our shores,
With sweat and steel and blood and bone,
We'll drive them back in scores...


An Andoran knows better,
Tis as we've always said:
'A deal struck with devils...
is a bargain...badly...made...'"



Human, NPC

Several members of the Brotherhood stop and listen quietly to bard's ballad. Tears flowing for tragic loses.


Human, NPC

After the news is broken to Janiven, she suggests something a bit surprising to the hellknight and Areal. "Sure we don't want a pit fiend roaming the streets "free" but it's not like we don't already have hundreds of devils in the city. Seriously, they are all over the place summoned or gated in to do all kinds of nasty work. How many have you come across over the last year John? For the most part they don't just come in and destroy without a purpose, not like demons. Look the devils that you encountered today probably didn't destroy the mayor's mansion, that seems to have been due to a broken contract, poor maintenance of the house and sabotage by the splintered COT fractions."

She stops for a few moments and takes a deep breath puzzling things out, "I don't doubt that Liebdaga is pissed off and will seek some vengeance but he's had dozens of years to contemplate the deaths he wants, it should be calculated not random destruction. Dare I say, that will be better than if the siblings Chammady and Ecarrdian Drovenge, or if, Ilnerk Sivanshin the vampire got their hands on the contract."


NPC, H/Elf

"You know that makes sense, he will want vengeance on whom ever confined him." He nods, "at least we should hope....and...pray." He looks at John, "and you are right, he should be weakened for a while, so you say they will return Grimm's body in 3 days time and they will wreck havoc on the Aberten which should weaken the siblings slightly with the lose of a spellcaster."

he straightens up, "John can you and Orsin make sure the others are gathered tomorrow morning sunrise at Tobin's shop and bring the remains of Faelyn, we have resurrection to do."


*dreams*

Trouble soul, do not fret all is not lost. You are a Holy Warrior and you live to sting another day. I do not require shear stupidity in attacking foes with better tactical and natural abilities but you are required you to learn and teach team tactics to bring honor to my name. Don't dishonor my gracious with self-pity but seek an eye for an eye, the sibling must die. Enjoy the good luck you've been given, second chances are hard to come by.

Ahhhhhhhh, tender Halfling kisses...so sweet.


H, NPC Wizard

The old wizard waves Lucrezia to follow him, "Interested in the arcane arts are you." More of a statement then a question. "let me show you some magic techniques, we must contact Lord Tilernos and Tobian to prepare for the resurrection." With that he will lead Lucrezia into a small room. "Join hands with me." With a few words "Ali tele porto tilernos" there's a quick rush through your body, your stomach feels like it dropped off a cliff then suddenly you are in an inviting room, that brightly colored in yellows, orange and greens, it feels full of life.

Standing there is the Noble that Andrea spoke to at the perimeter barricade, he is joined by a handsome half-orc that could pass for human. "Lord this is Lucrezia, we have lost my apprentice this afternoon and I need your assistance with Tobian's to bring him back....his deeds in this city are not concluded." The aged wizard smiles, "Daniel you have grown since the last time I've seen you, I heard you were coming but did not expect you yet."


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"Ziz?" the confused voice asks the imp reading a book on the 5th floor of the library. "Ummmm, where's Faelyn and why are in you the religious studies section? She look at the little devil, "Whatcha reading? her large brown eye peer over her glasses, "Resurrection?" A sinking feeling hits her heart.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Ziz holds up the book like a child avoiding eye contact with the librarian. Ziz hates to disappoint such a luscious vixen. Bad news...very bad news. It was ugly...ice and poison...archers... He looks around the side of the book to catch Melissaa's reaction. Poor Melissaa


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"Ziz what happened....is Faelyn and the others alright? Her voice on edge, "Ziz?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia follows the grey-bearded old wizard, though she wasn't prepared for the sensation of her stomach leaving her body as they performed what she decided was some sort of communication spell.

Lucrezia manages a smile for the Noble and half-orc that are suddenly in her vision. Oh my. That was definitely an odd feeling. Hey, that's that noble we saw at the barricade earlier. I don't recognize the fellow that Talberd called Daniel though. Certainly easy on the eyes though.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Ziz drops the book and flies up to Melissaa. He hugs her around the neck. He is dead. I am so ashamed. I just ran! Ziz is as distressed as Melissaa has ever seen him. I don't know about the others. It was an ambush... Ziz focuses hard on comforting Melissaa until he realizes his feet are actually gripping the librarian's breast. Breasts...so firm..stop...Ziz cares for her feelings...


Evil GM

Lord Tilernos nods, "I'll send work to Tobian...it'll be a sunrise service and he'll require two diamonds a large 2 carat with only a few slight imperfections, the other of lesser valuation." He eyes Lucrezia as he recalls the face,"Any news on my missing relative?"


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

She instinctively begins to run and nail down Ziz's back, her tears flow freely, "H..h..ho..how a..a...are...the others? Unable to hold back the stream.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I am sorry sir, but we never made it into the remains of the manor before we were attacked and had to fall back after two of our number went down. We're hoping to regroup and go back in better prepared. I promise we will keep watch for your relative when we make it in and will bring you news when we find something out."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea feels the goddess's words flow trhough her mind as she kisses her lover. She can give no promises or oaths that she will do better but she will try and so kisses the altar of Calistria before slipping into sleep and honors her goddess with passion.

As she sleeps, she reviews..

Don't run ahead, don't bother with distractions when we needed to get inside..

When morning comes, she prays for her miracles again before heading out to the safehouse.

Casts Lesser Restoration the night before to heal the 1 point of Con damage taken

1- (5/day)Divine Favor,Bless,Ray of Sickening,Know-The Enemy,Remove Fear Charm Person (D)
2- (4/day) Spear of Purity,Align Weapon,Restoration-Lesser,Restoration-Lesser,Invisibility(D)
3- (3/day) Resist Energy-Communal,Dispel Magic,Magic Circle against Evil 10',Non-Detection (D)
4- (2/day) Holy Smite,Blessing of Fervor,Confusion(D)

She then casts Know the Enemy to gain more understanding about the devils they saw. (+10 on a knowledge skill against a creature you have faced the last day. Rolling on the large creature that attacked Truk)
Knowledge-Planes: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Ziz tingles all over as Melissaa's nails slide down his back. I am not sure honestly...I left when it got bad...I had to or I would be dead now too... He slides his hips down her chest a little and hugs tighter. He gently rubs his groin on her cleavage. Ziz likey!


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Her nails dig into Ziz's necks as she plucks him off her chest, sternly, "You abandoned them all to save your own horny self? Her eyes piercing through the little coward. "Is that loyalty?"


Evil GM

Andrea begins to contemplate the enemies they faced yesterday,

Know thy enemy:

The bone devil named Nyxervex a servant and loyal to Liebdaga, and had an ally with him the erinyes, named Isavenda, together they were looking for a way to free their boss when the explosion occurred. They learned that the infernal engines were weakened from the Bearded Devil Szasmir, who begin held in the knot.

Bone devils tend to pride themselves in extracting information from their victims, they enforce infernal order and the will of their archdevil lords. They favor using their constant fly technique attack with their stinger, bite and clasws then turn invisible with quickened spell like ability. They repel insignificant damage (less than 10) unless it is good. They are immune to fire and poison, and resistant to acid and cold. One flat surfaced they are know to call up a wall of ice to separate their foe.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea reviews the information in her head as the divine inspiration flows.

This will help be better prepared if we ever meet them in combat again.

Andrea will then have a quick bite to eat before headign tot he safehouse once more.

So heading there so we can all link up


NPC, H/Elf

It is just barely sunrise when Andrea finds herself at the safehouse, it is hoping already. Areal advises arrangements have been mad to resurrect Faelyn this morning. He hands a coin pouch to Andrea, "there are 600 platiums in there, give it to Talbard, he is picking up the difference in the cost for the resurrection and then the restoration that needs to be cast immediately on his revival."

"John, Orsin make sure she gets to Talbards safely. Then John you may want to go visit your mentor for the morning as Faelyn is brought back to life."


Human, NPC

"Why don't we all meet back at Talbard's at noon."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea takes the pouch and nods. Thank you. She will then head out witht he others when they are ready.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

After the communication spell, Lucrezia will sit vigil with Faelyn's body at Talberd's. She alternately tries to study the spellbook they bought together earlier in the day and think of different tactics to try the next time they attempt to enter the manor, but despite her best efforts she dozes off a few times.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel looks upon the old wizard and the woman with much sympathy, He had lost comrades before, many times in Mendev.
[b]Thankyou, Talbard. It is good to see you again. As for my arrival, Lord Tilernos sent is request for my return some time ago, the stirrings among the Houses have been going on for alot longer than most would think. I actually arrived back only 3 days previous. I do not think anyone could have foreseen the events of the last 24 hours. Unless you have made the switch to Diviner since we spoke last?

The half orc bows, and looks to the woman, He was very good looking, for a half-orc, his heritage betrayed only by the shape of his ears and the ever so slightly overlong canines. He 5,11 and somewhere in the area of 200lbs judging by the thickness of his chest under his well fitted plate armor.
He looks like this. Careful Lucrezia
He did bear a slight resemblence to Lord Tilneros himself, but only faint. A nephew perhaps?

I am sorry for your loss. But your friend died fighting for a worthy cause. A good death by any measure, and if his spirit is willing to continue you may have him beside you again, if my Lady blesses us.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Deserving of a swoon. Though not as big a swoon as The Huntsman. ;)

"I feel certain his spirit is willing to continue the battle to save Westcrown, as well as serving up a bit of revenge on those that felled him."

16,301 to 16,350 of 26,346 << first < prev | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.