Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,451 to 12,500 of 26,346 << first < prev | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | next > last >>

Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

General Knowledge, if there is such a thing: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn lifts the book slowly and looks underneath.


"A transfer would entail a purchase of the chattel, once it is released, do you seek me to broker that deal?"


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
[dice=General Knowledge, if there is such a thing]1d20

I was thinking more of knowledge profession skill.

Orsin:
You realize that the lawyer is exceptionally talented in her bardic gift.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Baldwin:
Ah, gotcha.

Orsin leans closer to the lawyer, "Surely, someone with your...talents would be able to make this possible?"


"Hey that's my book...you thief." The tiny wing creature scramble to his feet sneering. Gimme back before I sting you or turn your into a newt!


"My fee is not cheap, $1500 gold, plus expenses. Then the Hellknights could run another 2 or 3 thousand, plus the sale of this prized slave. Who is his owner and what job function did perform?"


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Whoa...I have no desire to become a newt. Faelyn laughs out loud and hands the book to the creature. I was just here looking for a book myself. My name is Faelyn.


He grabs his book, fixes his bed making sure it s the right picture facing his bed. He grumbles throughout the process, "Can't tell you my name. Nope..won't do that your a wizzzzzzzzard...nope, no sireeeeee. never."

You realize he is an imp.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Luci Fer Noguilt, NPC wrote:

The lawyer looks at Orsin, he's good for parlor tricks, "most things are possible. You could attempt to buy his release from the Rack, then purchase his papers from him owner. Is a slave worth such an expense?"

Make a general knowledge, or know local or profession roll.

INT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Evil GM

Andrea that was intended for orsin, sorry.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn attempts to catch a glimpse of the creature's preferred picture before responding. Surely you would not be that rude. I would hate to have to summon a hound archon to teach you a lesson. He states with another laugh. Besides...I may be able to help you with whatever knowledge you are looking for.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Andrea1 wrote:
Luci Fer Noguilt, NPC wrote:

The lawyer looks at Orsin, he's good for parlor tricks, "most things are possible. You could attempt to buy his release from the Rack, then purchase his papers from him owner. Is a slave worth such an expense?"

Make a general knowledge, or know local or profession roll.

[dice=INT]1d20+1

[dice=Appraise]1d20+9

Ouch! Good thing we can count on Truk!

His owner is Alphonse, owner of The Mermaid's Grotto. Orn was a bouncer and bartender.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

After getting dressed again (his kilt at least), Truk returns to the safehouse common room with Lucrezia.

"Come on Beautiful. I could use a bite to eat after that workout."


I crawls out of shelf, stretches his wings, "Well Faelyn...you barge in wake me up, move my house and now threaten me with hound archon" wiggling his stinger. His little nose twitches and his eyes dart around, a smile brightens his face, his attention is diverted.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Throwing on her trousers, tunic and boots, Lucrezia follows Truk down the stairs.

"Lead the way trouble. I could sure use a bite to eat myself."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn cautiously looks in the direction of what diverted the imp's attention.


She scoffs, "Ohhhhh...that slave. Alphonse Lourdou will demand a big price, I've heard that slave was to be sold in few days time...I hear to another cheliax family in the capital was in negotiations they wanted him for gladiatorial pits. You need to act in hurry to intervene or he may be lost."


Human, NPC

Looking up at Truk and Lucrezia.

"Areal, Orsin and Grimm left to see the lawyer and break the news to Gruum."


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

'Oh, I see you've met Zizmort, I forgot to mention he lives here." He flutters upward turning circles and lands on her shoulder


"Didn't have to tell him my name...he's a wizzzzzzzzzard" he groans, "probably not even a good one." he adds.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51
Janiven wrote:

Looking up at Truk and Lucrezia.

"Areal, Orsin and Grimm left to see the lawyer and break the news to Gruum."

Finding a jar of pickled goods, Truk pops an egg into his mouth before offering the container to Lucrezia.

"That's good. I think I've broken enough bad news to the man for now. Any word from 'Drea?"


Human, NPC

"She's been gone for hours no word, yet."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia wrinkles her nose at the pickled eggs and rummages around for something sweeter to eat.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I see you have good taste Zizmort. Faelyn adds looking straight into Melissaa's eyes. What circumstances led to you living here my new friend?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Luci Fer Noguilt, NPC wrote:
She scoffs, "Ohhhhh...that slave. Alphonse Lourdou will demand a big price, I've heard that slave was to be sold in few days time...I hear to another cheliax family in the capital was in negotiations they wanted him for gladiatorial pits. You need to act in hurry to intervene or he may be lost."

Andrea sets her jaw. Pain builds character Indeed we are interested and can hire your services as soon as possible. Gathering the funds for the other matters will take a little longer but I'm sure we can aquire the neeeded funds.


"The company is much better here than other places I've been."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk takes the update surprisingly well (apparently the exercise did him some good) and he fishes another egg out and puts it in his mouth.

"So we wait."

"Anything happen while we were away visiting the Wavedoor?"


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I can only imagine... Faelyn responds once again looking at Melissaa and smiling. but there is a big world out there waiting to be explored.


She gets up on her tippy toes reaching for a book, Zizmort flutters up hovering above looking down her blouse. "It's all about the view."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I understand"


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

I think this book could help you in your research. She comments, apparently not noticing the imps flirtatious commentary.

"Abalaster's Masterpiece Creations."

"I need to leave you a bit, to help others. Enjoy the light reading." She turns to Zizmort, Behave yourself.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn is amused at the little devil. My kind of guy. What is your aversion to wizards Zizmort? Guessing the problem... Not all of us are the same. I know some treat their familiars as slaves, but there are others who treat them as companions...even friends.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn takes the offered book. Thank you Melissaa.


The imp flutters down on the table with the book, looking at the pages as you leaf through them. "So your one of those creeeepy type of wizzzzzards." Making contorted faces. "Pictured you as evoker."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

He looks down at the book and suddenly realizes what the imp is getting at. Oh...no...I am a conjurer. I am doing research on necromancy due to a recent encounter I had.


Evil GM

A few words are summoning are spoken by the official, and few seconds later a greater host appears.

A grater host devil hovers 15 feet off the ground and scoffs when he appears, "Brother human didn't you get humiliated enough last time," the great host quips.

initiative:

john: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
GH: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

RD1:
John
GH


"Ahhhhh, that's why you threatened me with a hound archon, makes sense you have tainted goodness about you." he smirks, "I would like to meet one...but...well, it probably wouldn't hesitate to strike out at me. Big dump hounds never listen to reason anyway always slobbering and drooling to attack.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Before the battle starts John will put the oil of bless weapon on his longsword, and as the devil is summoned John will drink his potion of haste and put on his tower shield.
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
John will move in and attack the devil.
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Buffs:

Haste 5 rounds.
-+20ft movement
-+1 to attacks, ac and reflex saves
-Extra attack on full round action

bless weapon 1 mintute
-Longsword counts as good for bypassing DR


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Once the arrangements with the lawyer are made, Orsin will give Andrea a peck on the forehead before heading to the library.


Evil GM

John its the same devil that was summoned during your first encounter.
DR good, reach with its ransuer,it can disarm with the weapon, noxious breath within 5ft of target that will make you sic due to pure corruption, its a master grappler. its with its clause can requires DC16 Fort save or become infected with infernal wound. He has has paritial concealment 20% when at 15-20 feet above the ground.

He is out of reach at 15 feet above.

He dips down 5 feet to get within range of his ranseur.

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

Att 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10

Edit: att 2 was at 7 not 12 bonus.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will lunge and attack him
Attack1 with pa: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19
Attack2: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
DEX: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


I require my full fee and 500 gold in expenses before I do any work, additional expenses need to be covered promptly."


Evil GM

RD 2:

As the weapon slides out of the initiates hands the devil strikes again:

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

Att 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12

Has the good sense to die.

what is your AC now?


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Zizmort, NPC wrote:
"Ahhhhh, that's why you threatened me with a hound archon, makes sense you have tainted goodness about you." he smirks, "I would like to meet one...but...well, it probably wouldn't hesitate to strike out at me. Big dump hounds never listen to reason anyway always slobbering and drooling to attack.

Faelyn laughs out loud again. I like your style Zizmort.. He thinks back to Khazrae's words...Maybe you could meet one if you would be willing to travel as companions. I could enhance your power and I travel with many beautiful women...


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

AC 25 dues to lunge and Haste
John picks up his weapon and lunges again with another attack.
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
DEX: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51
Truk'tosh wrote:

Truk takes the update surprisingly well (apparently the exercise did him some good) and he fishes another egg out and puts it in his mouth.

"So we wait."

"Anything happen while we were away visiting the Wavedoor?"

You around Janiven?


His ears perk up, pretty women...really?

He flutters his wings, "What do you have to offer me and what are your expectations...I will tell you right now I'm not typical imp. I loath evil...hence the reason for my exile." He pauses a bit thinking, "I should tell you that there is a smallllllll bounty on my head."


Evil GM

The creature will take the AoO when John reaches to pick up his weapon

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8

missing

Then RD 3

john drops his weapon a second time:

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

piercing the armored man.

Att 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will pick up his weapon again and attack with lunge
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

12,451 to 12,500 of 26,346 << first < prev | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.