Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,501 to 12,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | next > last >>

Evil GM

The devil takes another AoO as jOhn picks up the weapon

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

John's attack hit the creature solidly for the first time.

RD 4:

The creature will attack:

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

Att 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13

Die a wretched death you fool.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will full attack the evil creature
Attack1 with PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 14
Attack2: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 = 17
Attack3: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
dex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Evil GM

RD5:

The slower man flails around hopelessly

"I'm going to dine on your soul tonight.

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

Att 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

As the devil exploits another opening.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Zizmort, NPC wrote:

His ears perk up, pretty women...really?

He flutters his wings, "What do you have to offer me and what are your expectations...I will tell you right now I'm not typical imp. I loath evil...hence the reason for my exile." He pauses a bit thinking, "I should tell you that there is a smallllllll bounty on my head."

Faelyn thinks for a minute. I expect a loyal companion...I expect you to fight by my side and protect me and my companions to the best of your ability... He points at the imp I do not expect you to be a slave. He pauses...I offer you greater power..an equal share of my earnings...access to beautiful ladies...adventure... as the imp mentions the bounty...and my protection...Faelyn holds out his hand. and most of all I offer friendship.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John attacks again
attack1 with PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21
Attack2: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19
Attack3: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17


Evil GM

The hellknights look on without emotion. Watching the two enemies battle.


Evil GM

John's attacks miss - yet again.

RD6:
"I'll feast on your soul a hearty firewater brandy.

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

Att 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Haste actually ended the last round, Not that it mattered anyways
John will give a prayer to Asmodeus and strike again.
Attack1 with PA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage: 2d8 + 22 ⇒ (7, 5) + 22 = 34
Attack2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
DEX: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
John Deos wrote:

Haste actually ended the last round, Not that it mattered anyways

John will give a prayer to Asmodeus and strike again.
[dice=Attack1 with PA]1d20+11
[dice=Crit]1d20+11
[dice=Damage]2d8+22
[dice=Attack2]1d20+6
[dice=DEX]1d20+1

Yes! I told you that you were due! Bring the vengeance of a true Hellknight!!!


Evil GM

That blowed hurt the greater devil, who shakes off the stunning blow and ferociously attacks:

RD7:
"I'm going to dine on your soul tonight.

Att 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

jabbing hard finding another opening before the weapon slips.

Att 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8;damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12

diex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Evil GM

This will come down to who hits next!


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
baldwin the merciful wrote:
This will come down to who hits next!

Faelyn says a little prayer to Nethys for John


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Making Another prayer to Asmodeus John strikes once more.
Attack1 with PA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Attack2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 2d8 + 22 ⇒ (5, 3) + 22 = 30


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
John Deos wrote:

Making Another prayer to Asmodeus John strikes once more.

[dice=Attack1 with PA]1d20+11
[dice=Attack2]1d20+6
[dice=Crit]1d20+6
[dice=Damage]2d8+22

Critastic!!!!!! Yesssssss!!


Evil GM

The devil flutters as he dodges the first attack but is surprised with the second unexpected hit. It dies.


Evil GM

The Hellknights cheer to the victor. Hail Brother John!

Your proud mentor steps forward to congratulate you. "Welcome to the Path of Measure Hellknight, may you serve dutifully seeking to weed out those who would prey upon societies vulnerabilities, whether they be structured criminal ventures, cults, or flagrantly corrupt governmental groups or officials."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Thank you, I will do my best"


Fluttering around in loops, loyal companionship, girls, treasure, protection and friendship?' he perches on your left shoulder (your right handed?) 'What are we looking for?


Evil GM

The brothers all come and camp you on your armor, two handing you cure serious potions, while others offer up firewhiskey to the new brother.

Ye need to get that grip checked.


Human, NPC

Janiven looks at Truk and Lucrezia, Areal been securing a financial alliance with a few barons from out of the country. That will help us keep properly equipped. Grimm was an important messenger in that regard."

She looks over to Ailyn and smiles.


F H, NPC Pathfinder

"When Delvehaven is entered that will provide numerous answers to us pathfinders, that in turn will open up secondary funding to the brotherhood." She looks at the items on table from the wavedoor.

"Orsin, and your group, through tireless efforts have helped to solve some mysteries." She smiles, "but other questions exists."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Zizmort, NPC wrote:
Fluttering around in loops, loyal companionship, girls, treasure, protection and friendship?' he perches on your left shoulder (your right handed?) 'What are we looking for?

Yes right handed.

We are looking for information on turning magical beasts into undead, but first we need to make this official.

Faelyn sits at the table and starts an arcane ritual. He pulls out his spell book and starts speaking in Draconic. He next reaches into his spell component pouch and pulls out a piece of bat wing as well as some dried blood from a unicorn. He pulls out his silver dagger and slices his palm. Your turn.

Zizmort closes his eyes and extends his tiny hand. After Faelyn slices his hand the two allow a few drops of their blood to mix with the components on the table. As Faelyn finishes the ceremony, the components go up in a flash of red light and disappear. Suddenly the two beings' emotions merge and they sense each others feelings. They both look to Melissaa and smile.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

John needs to get one of those locked gauntlets.

Orsin nods in understanding to the lawyer, "Then I'm sure we'll see you again soon." He heads off for the library after saying his farewells to Andrea.

EDIT: I guess I'm back at the safehouse somehow...?


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm raises an eyebrow at the inappropriate offer.
Well that ain't hardly appropriate. It be the middle o the damn day and this here ain't no establishment ta play in. Ye a workin girl or no? I only want a professional aye? Regular girls be falling in love with it. Going wit professionals avoids me havin ta let ye down easy. Bwahhaha.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51
Janiven wrote:

Janiven looks at Truk and Lucrezia, Areal been securing a financial alliance with a few barons from out of the country. That will help us keep properly equipped. Grimm was an important messenger in that regard."

She looks over to Ailyn and smiles.

"And does this help see my brother free?" Truk asks leadingly.


F Human, NPC Commoner, serving girl

Grimm as you negotiate with Pearl, Andrea and Orsin exit the lawyer's office. "Hiya guys."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Color me confused. Where exactly is this lawyer's office that Ailyn addresses me and then we see Grimm? Or are you narrating out of order?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Jeez. I leave for dinner and we almost lose John!

Andrea counts out 1870 gold coins. Orsin, can you spot the 130 that is needed to meet 2k?, her jaw set as she sacrifices more and more.I'll make them suffer for every copper.

Andrea smiles slightly as Orsin kisses her forehead and lightly squeezes his arm. Thank you.

Turning tot he lawyer. The other funds will be gathered and delivered promptly as you need them. Thank you for your services.

Andrea then take sher leave and heads out to Grumm's.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Pearl "Tavern Girl" wrote:
Grimm as you negotiate with Pearl, Andrea and Orsin exit the lawyer's office. "Hiya guys."

Hello Pearl, bit of a surprise to meet you here. I see you have meet Grimm, no doutn all set to have a shag against the wall.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Color me confused. Where exactly is this lawyer's office that Ailyn addresses me and then we see Grimm? Or are you narrating out of order?

She mentioned you. She didn't address you.


Human, NPC

"Will if free your brother from the Hellknights? No. It will help free the residents from the undue nighttime horrors. Just yesterday, four of our brothers were able to slay a shadowgarm and help a rug merchant being attacked."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin chips in the 130, no problem. Faelyn, thanks for the clarification.


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Color me confused. Where exactly is this lawyer's office that Ailyn addresses me and then we see Grimm? Or are you narrating out of order?

You are confused, sorry aboutt that, Ailyn is talking to Truk, lucrezia and Janiven. She is talking about you, not to you.

Andrea brought orsin and Grimm with her to the lawyer, but left Grimm in the street.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

No need for Grimm to start farting in a posh office.


F Human, NPC Commoner, serving girl
Andrea1 wrote:
Pearl "Tavern Girl" wrote:
Grimm as you negotiate with Pearl, Andrea and Orsin exit the lawyer's office. "Hiya guys."
Hello Pearl, bit of a surprise to meet you here. I see you have meet Grimm, no doutn all set to have a shag against the wall.

LOL

Pearl smiles and looks down the alley with a smile. "I was out for bit of fresh air."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Andrea1 wrote:
Pearl "Tavern Girl" wrote:
Grimm as you negotiate with Pearl, Andrea and Orsin exit the lawyer's office. "Hiya guys."
Hello Pearl, bit of a surprise to meet you here. I see you have meet Grimm, no doutn all set to have a shag against the wall.

Grimm looks wounded by Andrea's comment.

Whaddaya take me fer girl. Can't be doin it out here. Hows she ta get back, not being able ta walk an all. I'm pretty damn WIDE if ye ain't noticed me build. Puts her gait off something awful. The feeling does come back though, Promise.


F Human, NPC Commoner, serving girl

Promises promises, she giggles.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Thanks for the clarification, Baldwin.

Orsin heaves a resigned sigh at the dwarf's libidinous remarks. "And that's my cue. Bessatte to the library, exit stage right. See you all back at the safehouse."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk glares hard at Janiven.

"If he's for sacrificing good men without a second thought to see Westcrown freed, then Areal's no better than the Hellknights and hellsworn that put it in danger in the first place"

"You find something to eat Beautiful?"


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn and Zizmort pore over the books on Necromancy provided by Melissaa. After several hours Faelyn leans back and sighs. So tell me about this bounty.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea waves to Orsin. Take care.

So Grimm, do you want to go and get to know Pearl better? I will be heading to Grumm's to finish up giving him the news and selling things.

Andrea pecks Pearl's cheek. Give Tracy and the other girls a kiss for me, ok?.


He shifts nervously and squawks, "I'm not ...how do I put this....welcomed in Hell. I was always sort of odd, in that, I didn't just do evil things, then the... um...thing happened down there...Asmodeus vs Lucifer thingy. Well...I was on the wrong side of that one." he flutters his wings some more. "Technically, I wasn't around when that event actually happened, but my tiny mishap occurred many years later after the queen was exiled, she flirted with me to get some information. I'm a sucker for a pretty flirtatious woman. Well, someone found out and there's the matter of a small bounty."

He looks 'You don't have any intentions to deal with Dispater's emissaries do you? he gulps.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia nods at Truk. "Yep, found some raisin bread."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Just an enemy of Moloch. I think you will be safe. Are you ready to meet my friends?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Lucrezia nods at Truk. "Yep, found some raisin bread."

Crap, now I want raisin bread IRL.

When Orsin arrives at the library, he'll seek out where books on the Hells are kept.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea waves to Orsin. Take care.

So Grimm, do you want to go and get to know Pearl better? I will be heading to Grumm's to finish up giving him the news and selling things.

Andrea pecks Pearl's cheek. Give Tracy and the other girls a kiss for me, ok?.

Grimm turns very serious.

Nah, Family and business before playtime. Make sure ye do plenty o stretching afore I come an visit girl. We got unpleasant business wit family. Might not make it back considering. He smakcs her bum as he leaves and tosses her a silver.


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

Andrea and anyone else with her at Gruum's.

Gruum does not take Ermolos's death well. "Terrible luck that was." He is upset, "Fine lad, good fiber and heart. Damn fine smith." His sullen eyes are wet, "don't know when I'd be able to git Orsin's gear ready now...Ermolos was workin' on dat. Surely, gonna extend the completion time, it's hard losin' both Duncan and Ermolos."

Andrea, This way you all can regroup when I'm offline.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

He looks up excitedly and nods his head. The voluptuous ones? He leaps off the table and flies up to Faelyn's left shoulder. This will help in public. Zizmort poofs in a puff of smoke and turns into a raven.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

As Faelyn heads towards the exit, he runs into Orsin. Orsin notices a raven on his shoulder. Fancy meeting you here Orsin.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Gah, the elf!

"Oh, uh, hello!" he replies.

"New familiar?"

12,501 to 12,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.