Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,601 to 12,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | next > last >>

Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn agrees with Truk. Yep. He is exiled from his home which he never fit into in the first place. Sounds like a couple of us.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10
Janiven wrote:

"And just how is it you came to find Faelyn?"

Well I was doing some indepth research at the library and Faelyn needed some help. I couldn't just leave him there all confused. I thought to myself, "There is a guy who won't make it on his own.


Human, NPC

Janiven and several of the Brotherhood members sit there blinking as Zizmort tells his tale.


F H, NPC Pathfinder

Shaking her head in disbelief, "When is the foray into Delvehaven?" Before anyone answers she asks, "Where's Orsin?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk shrugs, "I'd of thought he'd have come back with 'Drea."

"I'm good to see this Delvehaven today."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin smiles broadly at Melissaa's request. "It would be my pleasure," he says.

While signing an autograph for the starstruck librarian he begins, "Perhaps you could help me out. I trust you can keep a secret? A very famous composer in Kintargo is penning a new opera, for which I am to sing the lead. At the moment, it's all very hush-hush, so you can't let anybody know what I'm researching. Can you do that?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 14 = 45

If she can keep a secret:
"I'm doing research for the role and I need information about an archdevil: Geryon, I believe he is called. And anything on Hell's Auditors would also be very useful."


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

She is bit starstruck and she giggles nodding her head eagerly, "follow me, lets see what we can find." Her heart thumping in her chest. "I can't believe I've met you" giggling more.

She finally composes herself and pulls out a few dusty tomes:

- Devils of the Higher Planes
- Archibalds guild to worship.
- Famous Battles
- The 5th Plane and the Serpeants of Lore.

"Perhaps, some of these can help out."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Ailyn Ghontasavos wrote:
Shaking her head in disbelief, "When is the foray into Delvehaven?" Before anyone answers she asks, "Where's Orsin?

I believe he said he was going to the library. for what I do not know. As for Delvehaven, as soon as possible.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I need to run to Talbard's. Anyone want to join?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin thanks Melissaa profusely and gives her a sly wink. "And don't forget, it's our little secret...!"

Orsin sets to researching the tomes, transcribing the most important passages on Geryon and Hell's Auditors to a few loose sheets of parchment.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
I need to run to Talbard's. Anyone want to join?

Andrea shakes her head.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I'll come with ya", Trul grunts.

"Wanna go for a walk Beautiful?"


Evil GM

After roughly 3 hours of skimming and reading material you learn the following general information.

Orsin's research:

Description: This towering creature has the upper torso of a humanoid with paw-like hands, blue-furred arms, dark hair, and piercing black eyes, and the lower torso of a massive black and gold banded snake. Geryon is 20 feet tall and 30 feet long. He weighs about 8,000 pounds.

Ecology:

Geryon, the Great Serpent, rules Hell’s fifth plane. His fortress, a large iron citadel located in the heart of a great city, is situated at the center of his plane. Geryon often leaves his fortress to wander the city, but rarely ever journeys beyond the city’s gates. The city is a large, dark place filled with all manner of filth, waste, and creatures. Geryon is one of the most powerful arch-devils (by physical standards) and enjoys displaying his physical prowess to any who would watch, often destroying pit fiends or minor dukes for sheer pleasure and entertainment.

While he is weaker than other arch-devils (in station and overall power), he has allied himself with Mephistopheles and as such is feared by many. For all of Hell’s inhabitants know, if any can wrest the throne of Hell from Asmodeus, it is Mephistopheles, and Geryon wants to make sure he is on the winning side when the time comes to challenge the current Overlord.

He is holy to serpents, lizards and evil humanoids.

You have learned that Asmodeus rules Hell; Lucifer is the Former Ruler- now in exile; and Metphistopheles rules the 8th layer, Cania.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia nods.

"I had dropped my new armor off at Talberd's to be enchanted before we left yesterday. Seemed a good time since I had planned on wearing my chain anyway for the boat trip. It should be ready for me to pick up by now."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

At the end of his research, Orsin leans back in his mahogany chair, shuddering. His eyes glaze across the table, his slow mind whirring as it struggles to process everything it's just learned. His quiet breaths shake raggedly as he collects himself as best as he can, placing the tomes in a neat stack at the corner of the table. Orsin's hands shake as he places his notes into his haversack. He doesn't say anything when Melissaa greets him on his way out.

On his way back to the safehouse, thick-headed Orsino Bessatte begins to question the wisdom in his love of books.


Evil GM

Orsin I did a small edit at the end of my previous spoiler to you.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Orsin I did a small edit at the end of my previous spoiler to you.

Ah, thank you for the heads up. I wouldn't have checked it otherwise.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"I had dropped my new armor off at Talberd's to be enchanted before we left yesterday. Seemed a good time since I had planned on wearing my chain anyway for the boat trip. It should be ready for me to pick up by now."

Truk grins between his tusks.

"I liked that armor."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I do too, hence the reason I'm going to the trouble of getting it chanted."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea will just rest for the time at the safehouse, the long day having worn her out mentally and physically.


Evil GM

Lucrezia your armor is enchanted, Faelyn your COR has been upgraded. Does anyone else need or require anything else.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Lucrezia your armor is enchanted, Faelyn your COR has been upgraded. Does anyone else need or require anything else.

Rod of Extend, Lesser


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Ye all got a roundabout way a doin things but let's get to it. I'm itching fer me next fight. Got a new blessing I wanna try out.

He glares at the imp. Ye backstab us an yer done, Hellspawn. The mage may believe yer lies but I don't. I just decided ta name me Greataxe Zizmort's End.Behave or you'll meet it.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

That is OK because I decided to call this little stinger on the end of my tail "Fat Ass Dwarf Bane". Hopefully neither of us will have to test our weapons out on each other. He smiles and bows to the dwarf.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Bwahahaha!


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

All set here.

Zzzz..Zz....


H, NPC Wizard

Faelyn:
Talbard has not tracked down a wand yet.


NPC, H/Elf

Back at the safehouse, Grimm and Zizmort are facing off. Faelyn is simply cupping his face in his hands wondering if it will stop. Everyone eventually drags themselves back.

Orsin learns his armor will be delayed due to Ermolos' death, an unforeseen consequence for sure.

Areal is present with two new members, who simply watch and listen.

What is your plan for Delvehaven?


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

The question lifts Grimm from his pissing contest with the imp.
Go in. Destroy whatever guardians are the and set up shop. We're gonna reclaim it fer the pathfinders ain't we?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"Well we know everything we're going to know right?" Truk confirms.

"All that's left is to show up and figure it out from there."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Well, we need to see if we can still enter it. Just what sort of wards were placed on it, and what guardians lie inside? Perhaps Faelyn can summon a creature and have it approach so we can see the effects of the wards.


F H, NPC Pathfinder

The pathfinder joins the conversation, Well, it's getting to be near dusk and the building is not far from here. See the city map for its location. Are you planning a nighttime or daytime entry?

She looks at the members, "The compound is surrounded by a 12 foot wall and sealed iron gate."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"We're not going to know until we check it out."

"Talking about it isn't telling us anything."

Where is it within Westcrown? Is it in the ruined parts?

Edit: Disregard.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We can go now I believe, try to set up a camp in the entrance.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Are there any HellKnight patrols that pass near it?"


NPC, H/Elf

Areal says he's scouted the area recently and he mentions the following, "The front gate faces the meandering Adivian Walk, the road that runs along the eastern shore of Westcrown’s Rego Sacero; the far side of the road at this point overlooks a 30-foot-high bluff that drops into the waters below, and the road itself is generally not well traveled." he takes a drink of wine than adds, "few folks have need to use this stretch of road since it offers no access to the water and fronts a notorious building and that he, and his scouts, noticed only 1 Hellknight patrol over that last three days."

"There is warning sign at the front gate which is chained shut, and doesn't appear pickable, but the wall looks like it can be climbed."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Sounds to me like today is doable. More than a few a us got light spells. Let's go. Ye comin on this one Areal?


NPC, H/Elf

I will come along and provide cover form the street, in case, a Hellknight, dottari or other person decides to stumble by. Once nightfalls, I will seek shelter till the morning, then I will return.

Your party is so friggin big, you don't need extra bodies in the exploration.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We need someone to do beer runs for us, lol

Very well. Has anyone tried studying the outer walls and gate for magical defenses? We can do that when we arrive but some advance knowledge would be helpful.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"We should also get some extra rope and grappling hooks for the climb. Twelve feet don't sound like much until you're trying to climb over it. Plus it's hard to say how much climbing we may have to do to get into the actual building. For all we know it could be best if we enter through a second or third story window rather than trying the front door. I'd rather make sure we've got enough gear for whatever we need to do. Perhaps we should pick up some extra sunrods too."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Twelve feet sounds plenty tall to me girl.
The dwarf remarks.
But I'm sure I can grow a few feet if ye give me a HAND. HAW!


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I have rope, sunrods, crowbar and a long pole for use. Yes, Grimm I am aware that you offer yours.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I can teleport to the top and hook the grappling hook if you want.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I'd think we would want to get there and check it out before we start planning to scale the building."


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

I am an incredible scout!


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Agreed. Check the outside and perhaps even fly overhead and unseen to check out the grounds. If need be, I have given Faelyn the Wand of Rusting Grasp from the Knot and it can be used to 'unlock' the gate.

Andrea starts pulling somethings out of the stash she has at the Safehouse.

Rope
10' Pole
Crowbar
3 Sunrods
Wand of Rusting Grasp (5 charges)


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

When Andrea's returned from her stash Truk's waiting at the door.

"Let's go."


Evil GM
Zizmort wrote:
I am an incredible scout!

You need to tell me what this thing's basic set up is with items. What, is any, gear is it carrying and what is it wearing? The party is large and I need to know if I'm including it in initiatives, be warned if it's going to be out scouting ahead it is fair game for all sort of attacks.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

At will invisible


Evil GM

Seeing invisibility is hardly an exercise at this level.

12,601 to 12,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.