|nate lange RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32|
at this point, this is just theorycraft but i've been on a big dwarf kick lately and i'm wondering if/how you would put together an effective party of 5 dwarves... i don't have anything specific in mind for them (so you could make them at any level, though obviously builds that are viable every level are better), but if we come up with a solid party i might use them as the pregens for a future one-shot, or recurring npcs in the next campaign i run.
my initial thoughts are:
- fighter[2 weapon warrior] (starting 14/16/16/10/12/8). all the 2WF feats, power attack... start with an urgrosh and upgrade to 2 waraxes at 11th level when improved balance comes online. solid melee guy.
- ranger[guide] 2/inquisitor. Str build; take dorn dergar master feat, invest in quickdraw shield, 'switch hit' between 2 handing the chain-flail (for extra damage) or 2WF with it and the shield. decent melee guy, skill monkey, secondary divine caster.
- monk[sensei] 4/cavalier[musketeer] 1/battle herald (keep Cha 10+). use a pistol, take amateur gunslinger (quick clear for deed), take rapid reload and plan to invest in alchemical cartridges so you can iterate; wear a breastplate until/unless wisdom is +6 or more (already gave up pretty much everything that you lose for wearing armor). decent ranged attacker, party buffer, leader/face.
- cleric[forgemaster] (no need to worry about Cha, but throw a few points in Int). worship your ancestors or a philosophy/minor god pertaining to dwarven armaments and readiness for battle (whatever you end up with, take artifice for domain and longhammer for favored weapon). standard reach cleric build. full divine caster, decent melee support.
- monk[sohei] 1/sorcerer[wildblooded- empyreal] 6/eldritch knight (Wis>Str=Dex>Con, dump Int and Cha). doesn't get 9th level spells til 20th, unfortunately, but has better defense than most casters, take combat reflexes and fight like reach cleric with a longaxe (or longhammer, or dorn dergar...) and flurry against opponents that get adjacent. arcane caster, fair melee support.
assuming a 20 pt buy and all paizo books (no 3rd party), how would you build/change/replace these guys?