Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


501 to 550 of 1,081 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:

Nera takes a look around still cautious before sighing "Let's not touch anything that seems strange or magical......just yet" she'll take a 20 on perception to search the room for roughly 2 minuets. 28 and call out in each of the languages she knows "Is anybody here we mean you no harm..." before deciding to leave the room and it's strange flower to look through the other room down the hallway and then back to the living room? and repeat the same process.

She motions for the whoever is accompanying her to follow, but doesn't much care if they do.

Thoroughly searching the room you'll find a couple objects, a tin cup, a broken comb, and several other miscellaneous things. Soon after finding and inspecting them however you're fairly confident that they hold no real significance.

GM Only (Dolelan can Peek):
Reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
It happens to you so it's not horrible if you know what you rolled.

Dolelan, waiting outside for a while you decide to take a quick jaunt around the small wooden building, perhaps looking for another exit or anything interesting when suddenly...

GM Only:
Charon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Legiald 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Nera 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Charon and Legiald, you suddenly hear a movement in the brush outside the house on the opposite side from the door, you hear something move quickly, crunching leaves for maybe a half second before the sound of it is abruptly cut off, like someone was playing a soundtrack then hit pause.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon with her rapiers still drawn and moves to the door. Charon says,"I'll give you two seconds to come out of that bush. Or I will gut you in it. Your choice."

See Charon has a civil side!


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon with her rapiers still drawn and moves to the door. Charon says,"I'll give you two seconds to come out of that bush. Or I will gut you in it. Your choice."

See Charon has a civil side!

You receive no response other than the slight breeze blowing through the groaning woods.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Roshan wrote:
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon with her rapiers still drawn and moves to the door. Charon says,"I'll give you two seconds to come out of that bush. Or I will gut you in it. Your choice."

See Charon has a civil side!

You receive no response other than the slight breeze blowing through the groaning woods.

Everyone still there?


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera walks up to the doorway and asks Charon "Who are you threatening to gut now?" with a measured tone of curiosity and caution.

If given any indication of where Charon is speaking of she'll move to investigate that area.

Perception rolls when she's outside or investigating any disturbance:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 (Nera)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (Walter)

And because I forgot:

[Knowledge rolls to identify the strange flower]
Knowledge (Arcana):
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Knowledge (dungeoneering):
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Knowledge (local):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge (planes):
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge (Religion):
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Untrained (Can't reveal anything higher than DC 10
Knowledge (Nature):
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will try to scan where the noise were the movement came from.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

A almost whisper to Nera, "There was movement and sound coming from that bush. I'm gonna go check it out. Watch my back."


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera pipes back "Oh I won't be staring at your dorsum, but I will follow you closely and make sure you aren't caught unprepared while guarding your flank!" as she follows Charon closely. Quite closely 10ft away at any given moment.


Legiald stands up and away from the flower, drawing his sword again. "Something must stay here. Protecting or being protected." He follows Nera and Charon, hesitating as he moves away from the flower. "I think we should take that with us." He turns back toward it, giving them a chance to object.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera looks a little bewildered "What's with you and touching that thing? Legi? I don't think it'll grow legs and wander off.....well I believe the probability to be rather low at least...." she mumbles to herself about the probability of events so far before finishing with "We should leave it for now, there are strange things afoot in this forest. Playing with things we don't understand while amazingly fun probably should require caution." after a lingering pause "When we return to investigate it further I promise to let you touch it first."


Legiald shrugs with an amused chuckle. He moves around to the 'opposite side from the door', near where the sound came from outside. He motions to the wall, then makes a gesture for snapping something in half. "We've looked the flower over enough. But something is odd. Lets just take a clear look at what's... ~huff!~ ...THERE!" Legiald thrusts himself at the wall in an attempt to burst through it. Turning slightly and impacting the wall hard with the armored back of his shoulder, he holds onto his longsword high in his opposite hand.

Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 (Anticipating rotted wood wall to be easy to break. DC of door is: simple 13, good 18, and strong 23 for easy reference)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:

Nera walks up to the doorway and asks Charon "Who are you threatening to gut now?" with a measured tone of curiosity and caution.

If given any indication of where Charon is speaking of she'll move to investigate that area.

Heading outside to investigate the disturbance you discover that no one is there, strange...considering that Dolelan was waiting outside.

Nera:
Knowledge Arcana You're fairly certain that this flower seems to be a collection point for magical energy, whether it's a focal point of some of the local ley lines or if it simply absorbs ambient magical energy you aren't quite sure but you're 100% certain that it holds a large amount of magical energy and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, usually such things are done with gems because...well because they're less fragile. If a container holding as much magical energy as you expect this one holds, judging by how it's been reacting with the "Mist", the reaction if the container were to burst would be quite violent to say the least.

Legiald Galsaran wrote:
Strength check: 1d20+3 (Anticipating rotted wood wall to be easy to break. DC of door is: simple 13, good 18, and strong 23 for easy reference)

You bust through with no problems.

Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon will try to scan where the noise were the movement came from.

You see a small spot in the brush where something clearly happened, crushed twigs, disturbed grass and a pair of long skid marks a couple feet long from about where you heard the noise.


Breathing mildly on the other side of the wall, looking at the intruder-less scene, Legiald straightens up and gazes around, frowning. "I'll be taking that flower now." He sheathes his sword, and returns inside. As he draws closer to the flower, he pulls out a parchment, unrolling it. Attempting to pick up the plant by taking up the soil as to keep its roots intact, he wraps it up carefully in the parchment, creating a makeshift planter. Tying the parchment wrap again around it, he removes the other parchments and places it into the container. "It ought to be more useful alive."

Assuming a critter isn't hiding in the dirt or some such surprise...

After securing the glowing plant, Legiald returns outside to make what he can from the tracks, picking out the trail the creature left behind. "I believe this kind of trail is left by a creature wanting to be tracked. It obviously doesn't know how good you are at killing, Charon."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

You all gather around, looking for any traces of Dolelan or anything else out of the ordinary when suddenly a dagger thuds into the dirt a few feet from the markings on the ground.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Rosh Only:

Sense Motive on Legiald
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 (Walter)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (Nera)

*He was acting strangely with the flower; Dominate Person is DC 15 any other enchantment is DC 25. To tell if someone is enchanted.

Earlier....
Nera smiles "Are you feeling alright Legiald? You know there are perfectly usable doors. It's a little rude to wreck the place up, but I suppose the most direct path is efficient..."

When he goes to pick up the flower "Be very very very careful with that it seems to be a focus for magical energies that I'm not sure even I fully understand... notice how the mist recesses near this house? My working current theory is that the flower is absorbing the latent magical energies in the mist....."

Cringing as he touches it and blathers on in a quickened frightened tone.."I'm not sure if it's a natural phenomenon or specifically constructed, but from my experience such objects are far better suited to stronger foci such as a gem, stone, ivory, or pearl as the slightest alteration or destruction of the foci could release a chaotic burst of long stored magical energies of spectacularly unfathomable if not frightening proportions. Such a foci seems extremely hazardous if not demonstrably dangerous."

Taking pause to catch her breath "If you're insistent on carrying it around might I ask you avoid crashing through walls or generally anything violent or strenuous at all that might disrupt the foci as I don't fathom being close to such an event would be.....well...healthy. I'd request you keep yourself approximately......at least 60 feet away from me at all times."

She thinks silently for a few moments before adding "Though perhaps some sort of extra-dimensional container could transport the foci safely....but then again it might need air and sunlight to remain living and so it might be a risk if such a planar pocket failed to provide such luxuries...."

Lost in thought she continues thinking out loud while chewing obsessively on a little bit of wheat "You know I really wish we had someone else who I could bounce my ideas off of who's well versed in matters of the Arcane....Charon's no good....Lugdro disappeared on us back in Bosh...Legiald while skilled in more mundane subjects is of little use.......and Dolelan...why dolelan's thoughts would be useful....wait...wait...WHERE'S DOLELAN! HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME LAST I CHECKED! DAMMIT HOW COULD I BE SO CARELESS!" she screams wildly just noticing the clever elfs absence as she rushes off to the strange tracks found moments ago and spends some time examining them....before a dagger landing in the dirt breaks her concentration....

Currently...

Initiative (If needed):
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Perception (If needed):
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 (Walter)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (Nera)

Her blade still slumped over her shoulder Nera reacts quickly scanning the area for the direction the dagger came from and it's possible source. She whispers through their message spell (If it's still working) "Char, Legi if they wanted that dagger in us their aim would've been better. Do whatever needs to be done, but they might know where Dolelan is so keep that in mind."

If no one presents themselves she'll call out first in common then cycle through every language she knows starting first with Sylvan "We mean you no harm won't you show yourself we're missing a friend and would like to find him."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:

Nera:
He doesn't appear to be acting any more strangely than normal, though that thing with the bat WAS kinda strange...it's hard to get a baseline on him at this point but you're pretty sure he isn't being controlled.

GM Only:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Everyone manages to deduce, judging by the fact that the dagger is more or less perfectly perpendicular to the ground that it must have fallen almost straight down.


When the dagger falls to the ground, Legiald looks up. "DOLELAN!?"


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
When the dagger falls to the ground, Legiald looks up. "DOLELAN!?"

Looking almost straight up you see about 30 feet up, Dolelan, hanging upside-down wrapped in what looks like vines. Lingering dangerously close to Dolelan is what can best be described as the swamp thing. Wreathed in thick coiling vines this large creature seems to be suspended midair, lurking menacingly before turning it's gaze towards you, a pair of bright yellow lights that can only be it's eyes.


"Why didn't you say anything!?" Legiald draws his bow and notches an arrow to it as he moves back toward the hole in the wall. "Right, right, don't worry about it. I knew I should have kept watch... So, where shall this go? Below the jaw? Between the eyes?" The haft of the arrow draws back as he begins to take aim.

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera looks up as well.....

Seeing dolelan she comments "Why dolelan I was just looking for you! So glad to see.......you're.....all............right?"

Changing gears she stammers out nervously "Mr. yellow eyes would you mind releasing my friend I have some questions to ask him regarding......a flower."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:

Charon initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Dolelan initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Leyavanthe initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Charon Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Nera Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Legiald Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Initiative:

--Initiative--
Nera - 20
Charon - 19
Legiald - 11
Dolelan - 7

As you all glance up and see the massive mass of coiling vines it raises what looks like it's arms and two columns of green shoot to the ground and spill fourth like a surging torrent, flowing towards all of you. You all react with amazing agility however and manage to avoid the writhing green tide. Looking towards the center of the mass you see the creature starting to reform itself.

You all succeed on your saves and can act normally, the green overlay is difficult terrain.

Map

I'm trying a new thing with Google docs, the gm in another PbP showed it to me, the only problem with it is that you can accidentally move the background, just make sure to only move your token.

Test Map


Crouched still amidst the tide, Legiald eyes the creature. In the moment, the explosion of activity sets his mind ablaze. The gauntlet over his hand feels surging with energy, as though his body draws from it. It is only his own anticipation, and brings it to reality. "Help me, hands," he mutters. Still rising, to Legiald it's vines move slowly, as his subconsciousness seeks for a target. As the creature's yellow orbs present themselves, he feels his body acting on its own. Standing quickly upright, he draws his bow again and fires fluidly.

(Deadly Aim, Divine Favor, Ranger's Focus, firing into melee)
Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage:
1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Watching the shot land to see how much apparent damage it does, he holds his bow aside, free hand going to his longsword. "Damn this mess, surround it! Dolelan, can you move?!" As he pushes through the vines, he draws the long edged weapon. With the tide pulling at him, he cringes in closing with the creature. This time, the weight of it felt a little different. Careful of the reach of the creature, he moves around and closer, going under the tree. (or is that foliage? if so, instead move to C14)


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Round 1:

@Rosh: Spiffy! the new map thing looks cool. :)

A wave of calm overtakes Nera as she observes the creature for a moment......

Knowledge Rolls (Identify checks):

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Knowledge(Arcana; Type: Contruct, Magical Beast)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Knowledge (Dungeoneering; Type: Aberration, Ooze)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Knowledge (Planes; Type: Outsider, *summoned creature*)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Knowledge (Religion; Type: Undead)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

*Never know what applies so I just toss in all of them in case it's something weird. I'd wager knowledge nature, but I've been surprised many times before.

Nera sighs, "Why can't we ever run into agreeable monsters....the hard way it is..." and she begins reciting the magical words to bring forth arcane power while her blade suddenly burst forth with magic of it's own lighting ablaze with fire, crackling with electricity, and glowing with a dark blue hue.

Once the final syllable crosses her tongue her hand erupts in wild electrical arcs and she swiftly dances and spins towards the creature leaving herself open to attack for a briefest of moments before lashing out with a quick strike of her scimitar the magical electric current flowing through herself and into her weapon creating an inferno of destructive magic that rips through the monster should her aim hold true.

Mechanics:

Actions:
-Swift Action: Enhance weapon shocking and flaming properties for 10 rounds. (Cost: 1AP)
-Free Action: Blackblade strike, +2 to damage for 10 rounds. (Cost: 1 BB-AP).
-Standard Action: [Cast Defensively; Shocking Grasp]
-Move Action: Move to E,10 using acrobatics for half movement to avoid AoO on a successful roll.
-Free Action (from touch spell): Deliver Shocking Grasp via spell strike for an attack.

Concentration check; (Casting Defensively: Shocking Grasp)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 [Success]

Acrobatics Check to Avoid AoO
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Attack to deliver Shocking grasp through Spellstrike:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage:
1d6 + 9 + 5d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + (2, 5, 5, 4, 6) + (2, 6) = 41
Type of Damage: (Slashing: 11 // Electric: 24 // Fire: 6)

I will probably regret going nova once I'm out of spells and AP....but here goes nothing! :/


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
(or is that foliage? if so, instead move to C14)

Those are trees, you may move through them without difficulty however you may not charge through a square that contains a tree, though the green area is difficult terrain so it's kind of a moot point.

@Nera What's BB stand for? Walter's arcane pool? And thanks by the way for breaking down the damage. A question though, Walter is a scimitar, how are you doing piercing damage?

@Dolelan:
On each of your turns you can still take your action, until you remove your gag however you're only able to cast spells with only a somatic component or spells modified by silent spell.

You may also attempt to escape your bonds. You do notice that the grip loosens a bit, not enough to slip loose but noticeably now that the elf woman isn't actively binding you.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon in a furry swings both rapiers at the mass of green. Charon says, "I'd rather not have to agree with plants. I barely agree with most humanoids."

Rapier(Magical):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16(+2 if Dolelan is flanking)
Rapier(Magical):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13(+2 if Dolelan is flanking)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon in a furry swings both rapiers at the mass of green. Charon says, "I'd rather not have to agree with plants. I barely agree with most humanoids."

Rapier(Magical):1d20 + 7(+2 if Dolelan is flanking)
Rapier(Magical):1d20 + 6(+2 if Dolelan is flanking)

Dolelan is unable to flank, as he is wrapped upside-down in a cocoon of vines about 30 feet above the forest floor.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Charon, you maneuver yourself inward, quickly closing the gap between you and the green horror. Stabbing with both rapiers at lightning speed you're unable to get a good stab in as it's body constantly shifts and coils in on itself it deflects the tips of your rapiers.

Legiald, pulling back your bowstring your world slows down for a second and you carefully pick your shot. As you let the arrow fly you can see it curve perfectly towards the creature and it hits with an almost audible slice as you see it pass through the other side of the creature, a good length of vines being carried with it.

Nera, your blade sizzles with energy and you can feel Walter shivering with all the energy running through him. As you whip him about and slash through a good chunk of vines you see that curiously, while the smell of burning vines indeed wafts about, more interestingly the vines seem to get thicker. They almost bulge with energy.

It doesn't seem to be anything you're familiar with

GM Only:
1d4 ⇒ 3
Charon Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Nera Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Legiald Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage Taken: 21 (Legiald) + 17 Nera

2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7

As you all throw everything you have at it you begin to feel the green vines beneath your feet start to pull themselves towards the creature. Both Charon and Nera are able to leap free of this verdant storm but Legiald isn't quite as lucky and his legs are scored a dozen times by the retracting vines, giving him a horrible case of rope burn as the field of vines is absorbed back into the creature's body.

Nera and Charon succeded on their saves but Legiald failed his, Legiald takes 7 points of damage. The area around the creature is no longer difficult terrain.

--Round 2--


Elven Archivist 5

Now that its attention is off of him, Dolelan's first priorities are to remove the vines covering his mouth and to reach a hand into his spell component pouch.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Once that's done, he suggests to the plant monster, "Wait! Stop fighting! Whatever your grievance is, surely we can talk about it..." (Will DC 14)


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon seeing both her weapons miss the first time. Steadies her thoughts and lunges back at the green monster. Slicing up and then across in one fluid motion.

Rapier(Magical):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Rapier(Normal):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Round 2:

*Provided the creature doesn't listen/can't understand Dolelan's magical commands and continues to threaten*

Nera looks a little perplexed by the monsters rampant growth after her attack and thinks to herself "Well that didn't work as well as I'd hoped...." as she begins casting her & walter's signature arcane sigil in draconic before taking a step forward to give her allies on the other side of the beast a tactical advantage.

She releases dual strokes of her scimitar the cuts from the first strike wrapping magically into a multitude of draconic runes before drawing any blood and exploding with fire and an electrical surge.

Mechanics:

Actions:
-Swift Action: Arcane Strike for +2 to damage;
-Free Action: 5-foot step to D,10 *Provides flanking to C13 for Char or Legi*
-Full-Round-Action: Spell-Combat + Spellstrike casting Arcane Mark;
*Casting Arcane Mark Defensively first;
*Full-Attack second.

Casting Defensively; Arcane Mark
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 [Success]

Attack; Arcane Mark
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage:
1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + (1, 1) = 14 Type: S/12 Electric/1 Fire/1

Attack; Regular
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage:
1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 11 + (5, 4) = 23 Type: S/14 Electric/5 Fire/4

Crit Threat: Confirmation
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Crit Damage:
1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Type: S/13

Quick Total (if 19 hits): [S/39 Elec/6 Fire/5]


Seeing the energies released by Nera's blades, Legiald curses when the lashes leave marks. Reaching for the long handle of his greatsword, he drops the sword and bow. Stepping to flank with Nera, Legiald drops the tip low, yanking up in a rising flash of steel.

(flanking, ranger's focus, divine favor, power attack)
Greatsword: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Damage:
2d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 3) + 14 = 18

Staggering back from the wild swing, he glances with one eye over his shoulder to Charon, then looks up toward Dolelan in the cocoon. He slides back toward the creature, raising his sword defensively.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:
*Provided the creature doesn't listen/can't understand Dolelan's magical commands and continues to threaten*

You go later in the initiative than Dolelan, if you want to see if it works or not you'd have to delay until his turn.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:

Will Save 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Con 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Legiald 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Nera 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Charon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

on Legiald 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
on Nera 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

on Legiald 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

on Legiald 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8
on Nera 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11

Damage Taken: 39 (Legiald) + 56 Nera

Initiative:

--Initiative--
Nera - 20
Charon - 19
Legiald - 11
Dolelan - 7

Map

--Round 1--

Dolelan, you suggest in a very reasonable tone that fighting isn't the answer, the giant vine monster looks up at you for a second before returning to the task at hand.

--Round 2--

Charon, steeling yourself you unleash a pair of quick thrusts but once again the attacks are deflected by the writhing mass of vines.

Both attacks miss.

Nera, Once again as you unleash a flurry of swift slashes with Walter and this time you manage to clip the creature at a joint, causing a whole mess of vines to come loose and fall to the ground. You see the vines smoke and fall away. However the limb reforms itself and almost pulse with fresh energy.

Both attacks hit and your regular attack confirms.

Legiald, discarding your bow you quickly draw the massive blade on your back. Coming in with an overhead chop you sever a large mass of vines and for a moment the veil falls away and all of you manage to catch a glimpse of a vague humanoid figure within the clump of vines before it quickly reforms and closes up.

------------------------

All of a sudden the creature erupts into a hail of a vines as both Nera and Legiald are almost enveloped by the intensity of the attack. Nera, you manage to duck and evade a majority of them. Legiald on the other hand is completely enveloped and immediately feels the force as the vines constrict around you.

Legiald, you take 8 damage and are grappled. It's either an escape artist check or a CMB Grapple to break free.

--Round 3 Start--


CMB: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 (+4 from focus, +1 divine favor)

Pulling and twisting against the vines, Legiald tries to break free.

If he manages to break free, 5-foot step back to pick up the bow.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Round 3:

Nera looks surprised by the strange creatures resiliency and is even more surprised when it grabs her friend.... she continues her deadly dance while crying out "Why!...Wont!" *hack* "You!..." *hack* "Just die!" her dance less resembling the usual grace and now becoming stiff and..... angry.

An angry dance!

Mechanics:

Actions:
-Swift Action: Arcane Strike for +2 to damage.
-Free Action: 5-foot step to C,10 to flank w/ Charon
-Full Attack: Spell Combat, Arcane Mark + Attack.

Concentration Casting defensively: Arcane mark
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 [Success]

Arcane Mark; Attack
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage:
1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 11 + (2, 2) = 18 Type: S/14 E/2 F/2

Regular Attack;
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage:
1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 11 + (3, 1) = 19 Type: S/15 E/3 F/1

Crit Confirmation
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Type: S/16

Damage Totals: S/45 E/5 F/3

*You now have flanking Miss Charon, Sneak attack to your hearts content. Good luck! :)


Elven Archivist 5

I figured that the CMB attempt to loosen myself in the vines (so I was basically suspended by them but not grappled by them) would count as my action for round 1. From your post, I gather that I was able to cast the spell the same round so I'm posting attacks for two rounds. If I need to spend an additional round escaping the vines, treat one of those attacks as a CMB roll instead.

Dolelan eventually wiggles his way out of the vines, floats gently to the ground, and draws his sword. He hacks at the vines but does not stab into the center of the mass of vegetation, perhaps fearing to have his weapon entangled.

Round 2/3 Actions:
Swift actions: feather fall, arcane strike (+2 damage)

Attacks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 +2 if I can get flanking
to confirm critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:
2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Initiative:

--Initiative--
Nera - 20
Charon - 19
Legiald - 11
Dolelan - 7

Map

--Round 2--

Dolelan Callennan wrote:

Sorry, the way you described it I thought you were trying to just remove the gag. I didn't think you were actually trying to get completely loose. Indeed you'll use that first attack to break free at which time the ground starts coming up quick and you quickly slow your descent.

--Round 3--

Nera wrote:

15-20 crit threat is pretty fun huh :P

As Nera unleashes yet another flurry of furious slashes and as they cleave through yet another weak point in the shambling form and the severed tendrils drop to the ground you see the form attempt to maintain it's shape and it does for a split second before it suddenly just collapses, pooling onto the ground at your feet.

Left standing in the knee deep pile of vines is a pretty elf woman, her skin a strange tinge of green and her long lustrous white hair falls past her shoulders with tangles of leaves and twigs interwoven into it. As the curtain falls she raises both her hands in a defensive stance, blowing an errant strand of hair out of her face as she faces you all.

Everyone below Nera in the initiative may change their actions


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon readies to strike the woman. Not knowing what it is or how she came to be. She believes there is some connection between her and plant thing.


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan reaches for the rope on his pack, then with a smirk and a wink says "I suppose its my turn to tie you up now. If you're good we won't kill you...probably."


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera stands there huffing in exhaustion looking like a rabid animal. She eventually collects herself and raises her scimitar in the air and brings it down in a swift cutting motion and the magical fire and electricity dissipates into the air. Her black blades deep dark gleam having lessened and dulled.

Deactivating flaming/shocking properties, using spell recall to bring back shocking grasp cost: 1AP

Upon hearing Dolelans comment she kicks a little dirt towards him and remarks "Dolelan! You know you ought to get to know a girl before you spring such an deviant...thing..... on the poor woman...I know in some larger settlements there are handfuls of women who'll take to such things for a few golden sails (Gold coins), but it's still terribly forward not to mention a horrible way to make first impression" chastising him a little bit reading far too much into his comment and playful wink.

She glances at the strange woman "Ummmm....errr....Hello?!... I know this might be a strange question to ask....... but would you mind telling me what you where doing inside that horrible vine monster thingy?"

Nera then gets a strange look on her face and casts detect magic focusing her gaze on the strange green elven girl. (I hit that vine monster with Arcane mark. If they're the same creature in 18 seconds there should be Nera/Walters rune glowing magically on her body.)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon readies to strike the woman. Not knowing what it is or how she came to be. She believes there is some connection between her and plant thing.

Okay, so you ready an attack against the woman in case she does anything fishy?

Nera Turvian wrote:
Upon hearing Dolelans comment she kicks a little dirt towards him and remarks "Dolelan! You know you ought to get to know a girl before you spring such an deviant...thing..... on the poor woman...I know in some larger settlements there are handfuls of women who'll take to such things for a few golden sails (Gold coins), but it's still terribly forward not to mention a horrible way to make first impression"

Yea Dolelan, where's your manners :P

Dolelan Callennan wrote:
Dolelan reaches for the rope on his pack, then with a smirk and a wink says "I suppose its my turn to tie you up now. If you're good we won't kill you...probably."

She smirks at you but doesn't say anything.

Nera Turvian wrote:
She glances at the strange woman "Ummmm....errr....Hello?!... I know this might be a strange question to ask....... but would you mind telling me what you where doing inside that horrible vine monster thingy?"

She cocks her head at you "Well wasn't it obvious? I was trying to kill or maim you, can't have people running around where they might discover the evil pla--" She immediately stops talking and smiles "By that I mean I was talking a walk..." Her eyes angle up and it looks like she's thinking, nodding as if she's decided on something she says "Yes, I was out for a walk and I accidentally attacked you, I'm sorry."


Tugging loose from the limp vines, Legiald glares at the woman. "Making a mistake in an attack will kill you." Pushing his feet through the debris, he comes closer to the woman such that she is surrounded by the party. His sword still up, he directs a hand toward to her, out of her immediate reach. "So you work with Walter? Sorry, but you're too late, you're worthless to us and to him now. We don't need you alive." Legiald grips his sword again. In apparent anger, he hefts it up and sweeps the blade down upon the woman. The swing shifts as he pulls the handle slightly askew, striking her with the flat of the blade.

Ranger's Focus, Power Attack, flanking, non-lethal attack, Divine Favor
Greatsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Nonlethal: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2) + 14 = 18
Critical threat: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Nonlethal:
2d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 5) + 14 = 20 (total 38)

"Just die!" he exclaims as the blow seems to land on her head by his estimation.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera looks horrified by Legialds actions before she realizes the green skinned elf is merely unconscious.

She smiles and says to Dolelan "You see now...you can tie the Bi** up!" Her eyes then narrow "....but no funny business." she eyes him with an idle smirk.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:

Ranger's Focus, Power Attack, flanking, non-lethal attack, Divine Favor

Greatsword: 1d20+11
Nonlethal: 2d6+14
Critical threat: 1d20+11
Nonlethal: 2d6+14 (total 38)

"Just die!" he exclaims as the blow seems to land on her head by his estimation.

That was quite a hit, had to look up the rules for killing someone with non-lethal damage

You raise your weapon and hefting with all your might you slam the flat of your sword against the side of her head and you hear the resulting chime that echos through the small clearing and the elf woman falls unceremoniously onto the bed of vines.


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan looks at Legaid with disdain, "Murderous fool! We do need her alive! I would like to speak with her of her business in Jackal's Folly- we know nothing of this place other than that it is home to Shadows, and we have only "Sir Walter's" word on that!"

He is appalled by Legaid's casual brutality and immediately moves to stand over her and protect the woman from further violence; blows to the head can kill, or leave someone an idiot for the rest of their days and the blow had seemed strong enough to break much sterner stuff than a person's skull. The rope for forgotten for the moment Dolelan assesses her condition, checking for breathing and a pulse and examining the site of the wound. If he is satisfied that she will live he continues to bind her, if he feels her life is in danger from the wound he would apply magical healing to stabilize her.

Once he is satisfied that the green skinned woman is not dead or dieing, he turns back to the others and casts a glance at the Legaid-sized hole in the cabin's wall. "So, what did you find in there?" His tone is still somewhat clipped but that is the only indication of his feelings.

Sense motive@Legaid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
cure light wounds (if necessary): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Kneeling as he sets the sword away, he looks to Dolelan, his expression easing slowly. "I know! Let me check her." Checking that she is indeed merely unconscious, he turns her flat on her back. "She's fine. I'll get her inside once she's tied up. You'll get your chance to question her, Dolelan."

Once Dolelan asks his question, Legiald pauses to reach into his scroll case. Removing the flower tenderly, he examines it again closely a moment. "This was in the house. Some sort of energy focus, so Nera said." Legiald offers it to him, leaning over the woman. Once he takes it, he fetches his weapons and assists in tying the girl up, taking the flower back if Dolelan offers it. Once she's bound, he lifts her over his shoulder in a fireman carry, taking her inside the old building. In the following hours, Legiald tends to her injuries.

She will also restore 1 HP/hour in addition to the long term care. Not using healer's kit on her, one on self.
Long term care: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 (Success, double HP restored after 8 hours. Light activity, so Legiald will also treat wounds)
Treat 'deadly' wounds on woman: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 4 = 9 (failed)
Treat deadly wounds on self: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18 (If Legiald gets helped doing this, it will work. Assuming that happens.)


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera shoots Legiald an annoyed glance "I do believe I specified that it was an extremely dangerous more than likely categorically unstable foci that absorbs raw magical energies that could be storing destructive powers of near incalculable proportions. The slightest bruising or changing or it's structure could cause a cascading collapse of its integrity and an unpredictable surge of raw energy that likely considerably unpleasant to be near." after rambling on a little bit she stops to catch her breath ".....it's pale lilac colour does bring out Legiald's eyes, though." as she begins lending aid to treating Legialds wounds.

Tread 'deadly' wounds (Legiald) Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 2 (whelp that was a catastrophic failure, anyone else want to try?)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

You inspect the woman and find that although she has a rather large bump forming on the side of her head she is indeed still breathing.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon gives an almost astounded look when Legiald uses the blunt of his sword. Charon says, "I didn't think he had it in him. Good. Least makes three of us with a back bone. We need to tie her up. Then worry about her wounds." Charon frown at Dolerans protective nature. Charon then goes on to say, "Doleran if Legiald wanted to kill her, he wouldn't of used the flat of his blade. It can be dangerous, but this thing almost kill you. I'd rather not take our chances. Hell we don't even know if it cast spells. Nera make sure you if you can see the marks you cast on Doleran earlier. I don't want any surprises."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

So you have the unconscious woman at your feet, what do you do next?


Quote:
"Once she's bound, he lifts her over his shoulder in a fireman carry, taking her inside the old building. In the following hours, Legiald tends to her injuries."

501 to 550 of 1,081 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.