Kirthfinder - World of Warriorcraft Houserules


Homebrew and House Rules

3,951 to 3,969 of 3,969 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Ranger.docx wrote:
Spellcasting: ...You must spend 1 hour per day in quiet meditation to regain your daily allotment of spells. You may prepare and cast any spell on the ranger spell list, provided that you can cast spells of that level, but you must choose which spells to prepare during your daily meditation.
Kirth Gersen wrote:
I should move the class list thing into one of the bullets, and/or clarify that it means the ranger versions of those spells (since rangers no longer have a specific list).

6. What spell list does Ranger use? I was under the assumption this list was the one being referred to.


7. Brass dragon and Steel dragon in the Sorcerer's Draconic Bloodlines table refer to the Blast Spell feat, which seems to have been subsumed into the Channel Spell feat.


Tahlreth wrote:

1. My best guess is there's a separation between activating and directing the spell effect: Free Action to activate the magic item, default Partial Action to direct the spell effect.

2. Does this allow weapon-specific feats to apply to a form that normally wouldn't qualify (e.g., Crushing Blow feat with a greatsword form)?

Racial Spell-Like Abilities wrote:
Theurgy and Bonus Spells: When racial spell-like abilities are given up in favor of spellcasting synergy (as described for each race in Chapter 2), the racial spell-like abilities listed can be used in place of the standard bonus feats for the primary casting progression.

3. Is this supposed to say "in place of the standard bonus spells"?

4. Is the Spells Grimoire acting up for anyone else? It'll work if I download it, but it's refusing to load within Google Drive.

5. How do you make the table of contents links in the beginning of the Feats chapter, and can this be used to link to specific sections of other dpcuments?

1. Yes, I should have spelled that out.

2. That thought never occurred to me. Let me think on it.
3. That's correct. I;ll fix it in the master document. Thanks!


Tahlreth wrote:
7. Brass dragon and Steel dragon in the Sorcerer's Draconic Bloodlines table refer to the Blast Spell feat, which seems to have been subsumed into the Channel Spell feat.

Another one I missed. Thanks!


Tahlreth wrote:
6. What spell list does Ranger use? I was under the assumption this list was the one being referred to.

I had a list in an earlier draft, got rid of it, and now I'm kind of torn.


Thank you for your responses, they help quite a bit. I figured out the Grimoire and Table of Contents parts in the meantime.

Kirth Gersen wrote:
Tahlreth wrote:
Ranger.docx wrote:
Spellcasting: ...You must spend 1 hour per day in quiet meditation to regain your daily allotment of spells. You may prepare and cast any spell on the ranger spell list, provided that you can cast spells of that level, but you must choose which spells to prepare during your daily meditation.
Kirth Gersen wrote:
I should move the class list thing into one of the bullets, and/or clarify that it means the ranger versions of those spells (since rangers no longer have a specific list).
What spell list does Ranger use? I was under the assumption this list was the one being referred to.
I had a list in an earlier draft, got rid of it, and now I'm kind of torn.

An earlier draft, you say? Guess I'll use the 2014 spell list for now.


Ch 8 - Spells: Seed Spells: Metaphysical Feat wrote:
A Reach weapon can be used to make attacks at greater range.

1. This is in 5ft. increments, not Reach Spell increments i.e. first increment being 25ft + 5ft/2Lv, right? Because that'd be silly.


Tahlreth wrote:
Ch 8 - Spells: Seed Spells: Metaphysical Feat wrote:
A Reach weapon can be used to make attacks at greater range.
1. This is in 5ft. increments, not Reach Spell increments i.e. first increment being 25ft + 5ft/2Lv, right? Because that'd be silly.

No idea how Kirth will handle it, but in base d20, reach weapons do not come in 5' increments but rather doubles base reach, which for most characters amounts to the same thing, but it can matter if you start giving big monsters reach weapons.


2. Whips seem to be missing the "In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes)." clause it has in Pathfinder. Is this intentional?


Amplify Spell wrote:
When placed into an item, an amplified spell functions at the activator’s caster level, rather than at the item’s. In addition, the save DC (if applicable) is calculated using the activator’s Charisma modifier.
Serenity wrote:
you may use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Charisma modifier when calculating saving throw DCs of your spells and extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities that rely on Charisma.

3. Can Amplify Spell and Serenity work together? It would make sense, but how they're written makes me feel like I'm making an assumption.

Soulknife wrote:
Mind Blade (Su): any weapon-specific feats (e.g., Weapon Specialization) that apply to your mind blade in one form also apply to the mind blade in all other forms.

4. Does this include Proficiency level gained via class or racial properties? I'm not certain whether Proficiencies count as feats themselves, or if they count as properties that the actual Proficiency feats bestow upon the character.


Ch 6 - Equipment: Designing Custom Items wrote:

Enhancement Bonus To

Armor or shield bonus to AC
Armor check penalty (per +/-1)
Armor or shield max. Dex bonus
Armor spell failure (per -5%)
Attribute score
Damage reduction /―
Item hardness (per +1)
Item hit points (per +5 hp)
Natural armor
Penetration of DR (per +1 step)
Skill checks (single task only)
Skill checks (all tasks for 1 skill)
User attribute score
Weapon attack rolls
Weapon damage

5. Is there a difference between "Attribute score" and "User attribute score" I'm missing, or is this just a typo?


6. Does the Expanded Arcana feat work with Ki Powers and Skill Tricks? Between being built off of the same Spell Capacity table, and having their own mechanics differences from normal spellcasting, I can see this being ruled either way.


Tahlreth wrote:
2. Whips seem to be missing the "In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes)." clause it has in Pathfinder. Is this intentional?

Yes. If you want to use it on adjacent foes, I's allow the ranged feat that does that.


Tahlreth wrote:
6. Does the Expanded Arcana feat work with Ki Powers and Skill Tricks? Between being built off of the same Spell Capacity table, and having their own mechanics differences from normal spellcasting, I can see this being ruled either way.

I never thought of that, but I'd probably allow it.


Tahlreth wrote:
Ch 6 - Equipment: Designing Custom Items wrote:

Enhancement Bonus To

Armor or shield bonus to AC
Armor check penalty (per +/-1)
Armor or shield max. Dex bonus
Armor spell failure (per -5%)
Attribute score
Damage reduction /―
Item hardness (per +1)
Item hit points (per +5 hp)
Natural armor
Penetration of DR (per +1 step)
Skill checks (single task only)
Skill checks (all tasks for 1 skill)
User attribute score
Weapon attack rolls
Weapon damage
5. Is there a difference between "Attribute score" and "User attribute score" I'm missing, or is this just a typo?

Remember that you can buff your familiar, etc. as if it's a magic item, so, yes, they're separate.


Tahlreth wrote:
Can Amplify Spell and Serenity work together? It would make sense, but how they're written makes me feel like I'm making an assumption.

Yes.

Soulknife wrote:
Does this include Proficiency level gained via class or racial properties? I'm not certain whether Proficiencies count as feats themselves, or if they count as properties that the actual Proficiency feats bestow upon the character.

Again, I hadn't thought about that specific case, but again, I'd probably allow it unless some weird corner-case threatened to wreck the game. In fact, use that reply for just about anything, and please let me know if it goes haywire so I can fix it!


Tahlreth wrote:
Ch 8 - Spells: Seed Spells: Metaphysical Feat wrote:
A Reach weapon can be used to make attacks at greater range.
1. This is in 5ft. increments, not Reach Spell increments i.e. first increment being 25ft + 5ft/2Lv, right? Because that'd be silly.

Silly or not, if you look at the Grimoire, that's how the Blood Wind spell is constructed. Then again, because it's a ranged attack, it provoked AoO from creatures within their normal reach of you.


Thank you for the responses, they help immensely, especially that "weird corner-case threatened to wreck the game" guideline. Now to come up with less ambiguous naming for attribute score increases. Maybe Owner for one and Minion for the other.

3,951 to 3,969 of 3,969 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Kirthfinder - World of Warriorcraft Houserules All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Homebrew and House Rules