Sandpoint Reference Maps


Rise of the Runelords

Dark Archive

21 people marked this as a favorite.

My players will be facing Mokmurian in the Fortress of the Stone Giants soon, so I've started preparing for Sins of the Savior. Right away, I realized that I had made a mistake back when I was running Burnt Offerings. I misunderstood where the Catacombs of Wrath were located in relation to the rest of Sandpoint (I thought they were farther north). It won't be a big deal for me to fudge this detail in my game, but my obsessive compulsiveness demanded more. I fully re-mapped Sandpoint and created an overlay of the Glassworks cellar and the Catacombs of Wrath and then filled in where I imagined the rest of the long tunnel would be.

But then I realized that since I based my map of Sandpoint on the one in the module, it should print out nicely on a standard 8.5x11 letter-sized paper. So, I labeled everything and cleaned it up a bit. With the locations labeled (rather than just numbered), it makes a swell reference for both players and GM.

But why stop there? That siege at the beginning of Fortress of the Stone Giants could do with a bit of a reference guide, too. So I made one of those, too.

I've posted up all three versions (at high resolution, so they print out nicely). Feel free to yoink 'em if you need 'em...

Sandpoint map
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointredux.jpg (2434x3176, 1.2 Mb)

Sandpoint / Catacombs of Wrath
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointunder.jpg (2434x3176, 1.0 Mb)

Sandpoint Siege Guide
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointsiege.jpg (2434x3176, 1.1 Mb)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Beyond awesome !

Scarab Sages

Very nice! Thanks for sharing these!

Edit: Yoink'd. 8^)


great work, thank you

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

By request, I've made some PDF versions of the maps to make it easier to print. I had to tweak the quality a bit - the file sizes were getting a tad too big. But they still look pretty good.

Sandpoint map
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointredux.pdf (747 Kb)

Sandpoint / Catacombs of Wrath
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointunder.pdf (666 Kb)

Sandpoint Siege Guide
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointsiege.pdf (613 Kb)


Impressive! Consider them Yoink'd!

Thanks for sharing.

Scarab Sages

The overlay with the catacombs is especially awesome.


I agree the catacombs overlay is awsome. It really puts the catacombs in perspective.

What I find so much more useful is the names of the buildings instead of the number code. It's such a pain to reference them by number. I've come to know what a lot of the buildings are, but I don't know them all and this is the best part for me.


I may have to switch to these maps for the upcoming Sandpoint Raid in my campaign. Having the names on the buildings would be much easier for my players to interact with.

And I'll join the rest about the Catacombs overlay - very nice indeed! :D

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dalesman
"Bringing Big D**n Justice to the Bad Guys Since 1369 DR"


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Awesome! Thank you for sharing.


Awesome job. ^^ Used these today with new group and they really liked these maps. Thanks for sharing.


Thanks a lot for sharing...

could you please supply also a Sandpoint map version without any name of the location written on so PC could add their knowledge as they acquire that during the game?

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Thanks for all the kid words, everyone...

Sneaky wrote:
could you please supply also a Sandpoint map version without any name of the location written on so PC could add their knowledge as they acquire that during the game?

Here you go, Sneaky...

JPG version
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointlabeless.jpg (2434x3176, 1.0 Mb)

PDF version
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointlabeless.pdf (586 Kb)


These are brilliant... thanks for sharing!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

Very Nice, Chinchbug!

Like others, I especially like the bldg labels as well as the dungeon information.

Yoinks...and away!


3 Things

1. Awesome work, I did something similar, but with less artistic talent. I'm totally going to use yours, they look a billion times better.

2. On page 9 of AP#1 it loosely mentions that there are smuggler's tunnels connected to the Catacombs of Wrath that Delek Viskanta had access too. I've made the assumption that its a seacave beneath the Glassworks, that might be something good to include.

3. I also made the assumption that the goblins who were scavenging Junker's Edge might have been using an additional tunnel for their smuggling, otherwise they'd have to wander along the side of a rocky cliff and underneath what looks like a Sandpoint guard tower. I drew another tunnel from that cove to the one leading out of town. Either that or the goblins would need a boat or something.

Just my thoughts, I know my players are going to probably take up residence in the Catacombs and probably set Sandpoint up with an escape route or something. Either that or they'll make it their personal batcave.


YIZZ-OINKED! Great stuff!


These maps look great. I have a couplke questions:

1. Is the map of the Catacombs accurate to what Pf#1 describes? In your OP it sounds like you changed the location of the catacombs for your campaign but when I look at the map it looks accurate from what the adventure describes.

2. Is the Sandpoint siege accurate to the adventure as well or is that custom for your campaign?

Thanks.


Chinchbug, you are a master craftsman. If you don't mind, I'd like to print up a poster sized version for my game. Also with your permission, I'd also like to put this on my player website.

Dark Archive

cibet44 wrote:

1. Is the map of the Catacombs accurate to what Pf#1 describes? In your OP it sounds like you changed the location of the catacombs for your campaign but when I look at the map it looks accurate from what the adventure describes.

2. Is the Sandpoint siege accurate to the adventure as well or is that custom for your campaign?

Sorry, cibet44. I never noticed your questions (since my vacation ended, I've been swamped at my day job). Anyway...

1 - I tried to be as accurate to the printed AP as I could. Where there was ambiguity in the text, I used my best judgment. The mistake I mentioned in my original post was the just the impetus that got me started doing the map. Just some friendly background information. Sorry for the confusion.

2 - Again, I tried to be as accurate to the written text of the AP as I could.

Now, that all being said, everyone makes mistakes. I've already had to fix one problem that was pointed out to me. So if you do find anything that doesn't match the text, let me know. It's easily fixable.

Grim Ramas wrote:
If you don't mind, I'd like to print up a poster sized version for my game. Also with your permission, I'd also like to put this on my player website.

That's why I posted it, Grim. As long as you don't strip off my name or sell it... it's all yours. Knock yourself out. I'd be curious to know how it prints up as a poster!

-Chinchbug


Awesome!

Yoink'ed with full credits so I can use them with my (if I can get players) RotR campaign


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Really fantastic, this adventure keeps getting better and better with all this extra fan material. There's really something special in this community of players I haven't found anywhere else.

Besides, do you think someone... AEHM... could one day sketch a side map of Sandpoint? Being built mostly on a slope and having some special features like the old light and the chopper island, I would really love to see a side view of the town, maybe as seen from the sea...


Man your sandpoint raid map is pure gold as is your sandpoint map... I have a giant version of it printed out on 9 pages (3x3) and colored and on the wall for use as reference during my game. My players love being able to know shop names and locals when they want to do stuff and when it becomes important. I want to find a good lamination place and get the whole thing lamenated before the attack so I can utilize dry erase on it round by round....


That is awesome work! Thank you for posting it.

Chinchbug wrote:

My players will be facing Mokmurian in the Fortress of the Stone Giants soon, so I've started preparing for Sins of the Savior. Right away, I realized that I had made a mistake back when I was running Burnt Offerings. I misunderstood where the Catacombs of Wrath were located in relation to the rest of Sandpoint (I thought they were farther north). It won't be a big deal for me to fudge this detail in my game, but my obsessive compulsiveness demanded more. I fully re-mapped Sandpoint and created an overlay of the Glassworks cellar and the Catacombs of Wrath and then filled in where I imagined the rest of the long tunnel would be.

But then I realized that since I based my map of Sandpoint on the one in the module, it should print out nicely on a standard 8.5x11 letter-sized paper. So, I labeled everything and cleaned it up a bit. With the locations labeled (rather than just numbered), it makes a swell reference for both players and GM.

But why stop there? That siege at the beginning of Fortress of the Stone Giants could do with a bit of a reference guide, too. So I made one of those, too.

I've posted up all three versions (at high resolution, so they print out nicely). Feel free to yoink 'em if you need 'em...

Sandpoint map
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointredux.jpg (2434x3176, 1.2 Mb)

Sandpoint / Catacombs of Wrath
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointunder.jpg (2434x3176, 1.0 Mb)

Sandpoint Siege Guide
http://www.rlucci.com/images/sandpointsiege.jpg (2434x3176, 1.1 Mb)

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

These are excellent! I have cribbed them for the starting game tonight. As we've spent so long on tedious monster bashing, I'm really going to make the PCs do some serious roleplaying! I've assisted in their backgrounds; three members of the party are starting in each inn. I'm going to have those players sit one side of the table /(with one blank map) and the other sit on the other side (to start with) and as Sneaky brilliantly suggested, have them fill in the maps as they go (and meet up, presumably!)
The last two characters (yes, I've got eight, and my hands are kinda full!) are natives to Sandpoint, so I'm going to give them the filled in one.

(And later on, I've got about three full-colour proper maps from various printings of the players' guide and Burnt Offerings (I've got it all on PDF, and loooong before I had access to my kindle (this game's been in the offing for about four years...!))

This should really ease getting into it, since I can just let the players frack about in Sandpoint for a bit!


Thank you for posting these. After months of trying to get a campaign off the ground me and some friends have finally started our own Rise of the Runelords campaign and this map of Sandpoint is so much easier on my printer. :)


The main tunnel is supposed to be 1750 long before it reaches the goblin cave, according to pg 10 of the anniversary edition. Wouldn't that put this cave well outside the city? I can't see how it's possible there's 1750 feet between the Glassworks and the Sandpoint Garrison.


It runs at an angle probably.


Sure, it runs at an angle, NE, for 1750 feet per the text, but that would take the tunnel past the North Gate. The text description just doesn't jive to me.


Perhaps the tunnel doesn't run in a straight line, but twists and turns?


I think I get it now ... the tunnel is 1750 feet, but the branching happens not at the goblin cave, but well before then. It would have been far clearer if they noted each branch with an approximate distance from the Glassworks basement.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

These are great. Awesome job!


Let me just say, Chinchbug, these are perfect.

A question, have you done any other maps for this adventure path?

I'd pay figurative gold for any you might have done.


What bigrig said! +1


Thanks alot just what i needed


Fantastic thanks a ton


The site is down :(
Did anyone save a copy of the overlay? My players want to dig up the Old Light, and I want to check if they'll hit the Catacombs of Wrath.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Here you go . All three of the maps Cinchbug made.


Thanks! And incredibly late thanks to Cinchbug for making those!


Digital Mystic wrote:
Here you go . All three of the maps Cinchbug made.

Yes, much thanks! And Thanks to Cinchbug!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I will add my thanks to Chinchbug for these, and to Digital Mystic for saving them.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Rise of the Runelords / Sandpoint Reference Maps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Rise of the Runelords
Pathfinder #2