Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1

3.00/5 (based on 1 rating)
Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1

Add Print Edition $22.99

Add PDF $15.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Welcome to Locus-1, a research station on the frontier, using magic and science to study a strange cosmological phenomenon known only as the Locus. But the inhabitants of Locus-1 are far from civilization and they have a problem: pirates, led by a fierce vesk captain from her starship, the Executioner, terrorize the system from a hidden base, and the station's Science Council has turned to the Azlanti Empire for help. Now, deadly aliens are rampaging on the station, Xenodruids have gone missing, and the Azlanti have established an android labor camp on a nearby planet. Locus-1 needs heroes! Will you answer the call, facing both the Executioner and the Azlanti Empire in battle?

The Liberation of Locus-1 is a complete Starfinder adventure for 4th-level characters written by Chris Sims and featuring strange new alien creatures, new spells and equipment, and details on Locus-1 and the surrounding worlds—a rich setting that will take players many game sessions to fully explore.

Note: Starfinder Adventures are not included in the Starfinder Adventure Path Subscription. Starfinder Adventure Path Subscribers who preorder Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1 will receive a free download when their physical copy ships.

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-358-4

The Liberation of Locus-1 is sanctioned for use in Starfinder Society Organized Play. The rules for running this Adventure and Chronicle sheets are available as a free download (5.4 MB PDF).

Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7602


See Also:

Average product rating:

3.00/5 (based on 1 rating)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Adventure is okay, backmatter is terrible

3/5

Did nobody playtest/edit this?

Who thought weapon mounts that are buyable at level 1 and completely negate the point of tactical scaffolds were a good idea? I have banned them from all games, they should not be SF Society legal, and in fact should be errata'd out of existence.


Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Announced for September! Product image and description are not final and may be subject to change.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Space pirates! Azlanti! And weird aliens! Written by Chris Sims! Color me hyped.

Dark Archive

You know, I wonder if I really thought we wouldn't need modules for starfinders as long we have aps. I mean, that is still true, but more and more I'm starting to realize usefulness, even if you get chances to run long campaigns, they make for good intermission games :'D

But yeah, I wonder if all six modules will be at increasing levels of if they will be like "2 ones starting at 1, 4 and 7". Would be fun to have increasing levels just to do same thing 1e modules did which was covering almost full level range xD


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

I definitely want to see several level thirteen adventures!

Acquisitives

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Very excited. My regular group moved to Tuesday nights on Roll20, which is great b/c one of our members moved away, and we can still have our game time despite the pandemic.

BUT... when the pandemic ends, I think we'd like to have our Sundays once a month back. I really hope that Paizo keeps up these adventures, as I think these will be easier to digest than an AP and meatier than Society play.

If a player wants to change characters, great, if they want to run the same PC through a set of adventures, great, if a PC dies, fine, I'll toss in a fixer-upper PC and we'll get you a proper one for the next book.

Dark Archive

Don't think this book was discussed in paizo live? Then again not sure there is much to add about it that doesn't apply to junker's delight in the "hey we are getting standalones again!"


YAY! More of this kind of stuff please!


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Would these be Ice Pirates, perchance?

Dark Archive

Sidenote, but I guess same benefit that applies on Junker's Delight also applies here? :O


CorvusMask wrote:
Sidenote, but I guess same benefit that applies on Junker's Delight also applies here? :O

The free PDF with Starfinder AP subscription and pre-order benefit? I hope so because I just pre-ordered both modules!

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Svardi Eagle-Eye wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
Sidenote, but I guess same benefit that applies on Junker's Delight also applies here? :O
The free PDF with Starfinder AP subscription and pre-order benefit? I hope so because I just pre-ordered both modules!

I believe it is so.

Scarab Sages

is there ever going to be a hope of some sort of re-shipping arrangement for Subscriptions, to reduce the now killer postage costs? ("Only" to the UK,... but!) I simply can't justify it.
Even for KickStarter support I have to go for options offering POD vouchers, rather than get my beauties posted...

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Final back cover text:

"THE EDGE OF SPACE
Scientists, mystics, and corporate interests came together to found Locus-1, a research station and outpost far from the Pact Worlds. Now Sidakana, a ruthless vesk space pirate, has made the Locus system her personal playground, and the innocent people of Locus-1 have turned to the nearest military power—the Azlanti Star Empire—for help. When the cure proves worse than the disease, it’s up to a small group of bold newcomers to save the station and all its inhabitants from death or enslavement!

Designed to give player characters a home base in a remote region filled with adventure, “The Liberation of Locus-1” is the perfect next step for players and GMs who’ve completed Starfinder Adventure: Junker’s Delight. It includes:

• “The Liberation of Locus-1,” a complete adventure for 4th-level characters, leading them to 7th-level.

• All the details on Locus-1, a remote space station orbiting the Locus—a strange cosmic anomaly— as well as other planets in the Locus system, all with mysteries of their own.

• An Adventure Toolbox with new experimental weapons and equipment fueled by the Locus; new playable species who serve in the Azlanti Star Empire’s Alien Cohort; and the predatory mindshroud rays—horrifying symbiotes from the beyond."

No content warnings.

Is this helpful?

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
caribet wrote:

is there ever going to be a hope of some sort of re-shipping arrangement for Subscriptions, to reduce the now killer postage costs? ("Only" to the UK,... but!) I simply can't justify it.

Even for KickStarter support I have to go for options offering POD vouchers, rather than get my beauties posted...

We are in the discussion phase and have nothing to announce.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't miss "Tales From The Drift: Breaking Ground," flash fiction by Chris S. Sims as a bit of a prequel to "Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1."


Starfinder Superscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Don't miss "Tales From The Drift: Breaking Ground," flash fiction by Chris S. Sims as a bit of a prequel to "Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1."

STILL WAITING FOR AN OPTION TO SUBSCRIBE TO MODULES...

I mean, hey Aaron, any more look into subscription options for modules?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Svardi Eagle-Eye wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
Sidenote, but I guess same benefit that applies on Junker's Delight also applies here? :O
The free PDF with Starfinder AP subscription and pre-order benefit? I hope so because I just pre-ordered both modules!
I believe it is so.

Can you confirm that Starfinder AP subscribers are supposed to receive free PDFs if they pre-ordered this adventure? I ask because my order for this month lacks the "Will be in your downloads once shipped" note on this adventure that it has for all of the other orders that are supposed to be accompanied by free PDFs.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
DJEternalDarkness wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Don't miss "Tales From The Drift: Breaking Ground," flash fiction by Chris S. Sims as a bit of a prequel to "Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1."

STILL WAITING FOR AN OPTION TO SUBSCRIBE TO MODULES...

I mean, hey Aaron, any more look into subscription options for modules?

I spoke about this with my VP recently. Turns out we have tech issues in the way. I know, right?! This old code prevents so much. But please don't blame the tech dept. So, we want to, but can't yet. So.... we are working on it. Argh.

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Just wanted to confirm that Starfinder Adventure Path subscribers who preordered this book will get the PDF automatically when their physical copy ships. Just like we did for Junker's Delight!

Sorry that the confirmation text wasn't included earlier, but as far as I know the PDF arrangement will continue to be the same going forward.


Starfinder Superscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
DJEternalDarkness wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Don't miss "Tales From The Drift: Breaking Ground," flash fiction by Chris S. Sims as a bit of a prequel to "Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1."

STILL WAITING FOR AN OPTION TO SUBSCRIBE TO MODULES...

I mean, hey Aaron, any more look into subscription options for modules?

I spoke about this with my VP recently. Turns out we have tech issues in the way. I know, right?! This old code prevents so much. But please don't blame the tech dept. So, we want to, but can't yet. So.... we are working on it. Argh.

I suppose we just have to be patient and wait. Do you know how hard it is to be patient?

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
DJEternalDarkness wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
DJEternalDarkness wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Don't miss "Tales From The Drift: Breaking Ground," flash fiction by Chris S. Sims as a bit of a prequel to "Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1."

STILL WAITING FOR AN OPTION TO SUBSCRIBE TO MODULES...

I mean, hey Aaron, any more look into subscription options for modules?

I spoke about this with my VP recently. Turns out we have tech issues in the way. I know, right?! This old code prevents so much. But please don't blame the tech dept. So, we want to, but can't yet. So.... we are working on it. Argh.
I suppose we just have to be patient and wait. Do you know how hard it is to be patient?

I work in marketing with one hand digitally tied behind my back. I'm familiar. ;)

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.

We expect Roll20 to have this product at launch.


NICE!!!

Tom


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Any Chance we will get high quality maps? looks like there are a bunch of maps in the book that can be exported but they do not zoom really well for digital presentation.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Cybear Guru wrote:
Any Chance we will get high quality maps? looks like there are a bunch of maps in the book that can be exported but they do not zoom really well for digital presentation.

We have generally increased the resolution of our images to improve online play, but we won't provide PDFs at 300 dpi, aka print quality. We only provide that quality to our VTT partners. There are no separate digital maps packs announced for this adventure.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The problem is a lot of the maps a for large areas and yet are very small on the page. Also I would be happy to pay for these separately if the were on foundry VTT

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Cybear Guru wrote:
The problem is a lot of the maps a for large areas and yet are very small on the page. Also I would be happy to pay for these separately if the were on foundry VTT

Thanks for your feedback. Bring more products to Foundry is one of our long term goals.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Cybear Guru wrote:
The problem is a lot of the maps a for large areas and yet are very small on the page. Also I would be happy to pay for these separately if the were on foundry VTT
Thanks for your feedback. Bring more products to Foundry is one of our long term goals.

I would like to state for the record that as someone who has been running paizo games on roll20 for nearly a decade, selling those high resolution maps to customers, even as unformatted pdfs... I would pay for that. It is eminently frustrating having to either make due with blurry maps or remake them in programs like dungeon painter etc.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

NOTE that this came out day 1 on Roll20, with the better res maps as well.

Though not a fan of the "water color" style maps just like in Junkers Delight not not as many of them are those thankfully!!

Hav'nt read it all through but so far very nice I have to say!!

Tom


Aaron Shanks wrote:
... Bring more products to Foundry is one of our long term goals.

VERY good to hear! Thanks


I wonder if there is any news on the next set of standalone adventures.

All the adventure paths tap off at about level13, except - The Devastation Ark.

It is to me a real pity that Starfinder lacks much adventures up to 20th level, kind of like WOTC and5E.

The standalone adventures would be a perfect place to over this lack.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
General Orc wrote:

I wonder if there is any news on the next set of standalone adventures.

All the adventure paths tap off at about level13, except - The Devastation Ark.

It is to me a real pity that Starfinder lacks much adventures up to 20th level, kind of like WOTC and5E.

The standalone adventures would be a perfect place to over this lack.

Sounds like a good niche for the Starfinder Infinite program.

Liberty's Edge

I am confused by the premise of this product: isn't every part of the vast equally far from the vast? Or just as equally far from near space and EVERYONE is equally as far from Absalom Station?

If the research station is in the vast, why would they turn to the ASE instead of anyone else that is in the vast, near space or even Absalom Station?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Noven wrote:

I am confused by the premise of this product: isn't every part of the vast equally far from the vast? Or just as equally far from near space and EVERYONE is equally as far from Absalom Station?

If the research station is in the vast, why would they turn to the ASE instead of anyone else that is in the vast, near space or even Absalom Station?

For a system in the Vast, the only places closer than the Vast are within the same solar system, and the only places farther away are places outside the Galaxy (which are unreachable via Drift drive). The return trip to those places would still vary, of course.

The only reasons for turning to the Azlanti Star Empire would be:

1) The Pact Worlds have ignored their pleas for help, thereby negating their one-way travel time advantage, or

2) The Azlanti have made their system accessible via their special Aeon stones.


Any chance we will get a correct Besmara's head map on Roll20? The map scale is 10ft per square. Roll20 has it at 5 ft per square.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

roysier wrote:
Any chance we will get a correct Besmara's head map on Roll20? The map scale is 10ft per square. Roll20 has it at 5 ft per square.

Kindly direct Roll20 questions to Roll20.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Did we ever get vital stats (age, weight, etc.) for gathols or tromlins anywhere?

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Adventure: The Liberation of Locus-1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.