I'm enjoying running the Dragon's Demand but my PCs threw a curveball at me after the auction. You see, they kept for themselves the items in the cave (including the Secrets of the Dreaming Dark), and after the attack at the auction by Aeteperax's minions and subsequent meeting at the baroness' place, the PCs felt guilty (i.e., by keeping the book, the dragon got furious and attacked Belhaim, so it's their fault) and decided to travel straight to the monastery to negotiate with the dragon by giving him the books. Since they wanted to negotiate, the village elders did not give the PCs their dragonslaying equipment. Although they were convinced to try to go to Tula's tomb, but after that, what now? Any ideas on how to get them to change their minds to kill the dragon instead?
Hi all! I'm been enjoying running the downtime rules with my players but we need clarification on some things:
1. Phases and PCs: how do you run it? Does 1 PC goes through all the phases then the next PC goes through all the phases -- or should PCs go through say phase 1 in turn order, then phase 2 in turn order, etc.
2. Broken condition: due to catastrophic rolls, a PC's inn had a major fire event and gains the broken condition. To fix it, the rules say he just pays half the original gp or capital cost to rebuild it. It does not mention Time. So once the PC pays the cost then the inn is good as new instantly?
3. Capital sharing: Buildings costs a lot of capital. Can PCs pool their capital together to build a building? I think this is ok but how do we deal with unfortunate events like loss of capital from events? Rules say you can't go into debt -- so if a PC rolls bad in the event phase (like a major fire) and he doesn't have enough capital to lose, does his partners make up for it (i.e., pays/losses capital in the amount he cannot pay)?
Hi all. I'm enjoying the downtime rules presented in this book, but I'm just unsure about one thing -- if you build a building, does it come with employees already? If not, how many do I need to hire to make the building functional? Let's say I built a tavern. Do the cooks, barkeep, etc already come as part of the cost you pay to have it built?
Might be better to take Armor card feat, then. Thanks for the tip.
If Harsk is at the Waterfront and decides to help a player in another location with their combat check by recharging a card, does that check now incur the Waterfront's penalty?
What if Harsk is in another location and wants to help a player at the Waterfront -- say Seoni is using a spell for a combat check -- will Seoni now incur the penalty for using weapons because of Harsk's assistance?
Hi all! I'm using the Beginner Box to play through the Dragon's Demand module. For most part, I didn't have much trouble using the simple rules to run the module, and I find that I can use the CRB/Bestiary and the Game Master's Guide interchangeably.
However, in the course of using the BB rules and the CRB/Bestiary, I discovered two things:
1. The skeleton in the Bestiary has broken scimitar +0 (1d6) and claw -3 (1d4+1) while the one in the GMG has scimitar +2 (1d6+2) and claw +2 (1d4+2)! I would have thought the GMG would have the weaker version, but clearly not. They have the same CR (1/3); how could this be?
2. Scent monster ability is included in some monster stats in the GMG, but there are no rules associated with it? Hmmm...
So my kid makes a half-elven wizard (illusionist), currently at level 2. I suggested that since her character is a half-elf, she take advantage of multi-classing. Her PC's stats: Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10. She decides on rogue for her next class. Any tips, feats to take, skills to focus on? Her PC is the party's primary face and skill monkey, but would love to be more active in combat.
I ran a PFS quest last night and the wizard and his familiar got caught in a burning hands trap. Questions:
1. The 7 HP familiar took 8 damage -- is it dead, or can the cleric still heal it?
Am still very new to the RPG so please help me out :)
Pathfinder Society Philippines just got launched last Saturday at Ludo Boardgame Bar & Bistro in Makati City! :D We are still finalizing the venue and schedule for the next one. Interested players should join us at our Facebook group (Pathfinder Society Philippines), or watch for SiegeTenk/CJ's post in Warhorn.net.
I keep failing at this scenario! Anyway, I do have some questions on the table for this and other scenarios in this adventure:
1. If you encounter the Goblin Raider henchman and rolled '3' on the table (AYA, move to a random other location), do you still get to attempt to close the location?
2. Valendron the Sorc has a Mirror Image in his hand, encounters a bane with Goblin trait (say a Goblin Warrior), rolls '5' on the table (bane defeated, each character is dealt 1d4 acid damage); can he use Mirror Image to reduce the damage to 0?
Character Name: Harsk
Character Name: Kyra
Played with my wife and finished the first run of the game in about one and half years. As you can see, our characters are far from optimized. But, we only died during the last battle with Karzoug, and we had to repeat that scenario over and over again till we managed to get the Revelation Quill to put Karzoug at the bottom of the deck.
With regards to the SotRu rewards that let you exchange items for loot (say exchange 1 item for the Sihedron Medallion), when can players do that? Anytime before the game starts, or anytime during actual game play?
With resurrection, can the dead character use his die bump to contribute to the 3 needed to resurrect a character, or only 'living' characters can do this?
Character Name: Harsk
Character Name: Kyra
Character Name: Merisiel
Originally it was just me (Harsk) and my wife (Kyra), then our six year old daughter (Merisiel) joined in by Adventure 2 Scenario 5. Tried to solo Merisiel so she can catch up with me and her mother through the previous adventures, but she died midway in Adventure 1. I didn't want to go through the whole lot of back scenarios again so I just let Merisiel keep all her feats and added the ones that she doesn't have yet and put in additional cards (Adventure 1 and below) as needed.