GM Pinvendor's Kingmaker 1e

Game Master pinvendor

Location: D36
Current day: Starday, 23 Gozran, 4710
4710 Calendar

Kingdom Sheet | Roll20 Maps | Quests | Loot


51 to 100 of 436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Adela sighs with regret and changes her crossbow for her morningstar and shield.

I'm surprised she did so well with no bonus to hit.

"Don't worry.' She says kindly to Blue. "You will be properly buried."


Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

Lucky stares aghast as the bandit falls. The bandits are dying. They're dying for real and they won't come back and why don't they understand that? Why are they still fighting?

Looking up at the bandit coming towards them she fires her crossbow again. Her hands are a little steadier but not by much. "Just go away!"

L. Crossbow vs Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Standard action: Ranged attack
Move action: Reload
Miscellaneous: Five foot step


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Seeing yet another bandit break free from Liz's spell, Alyssa quickly moves closer, using the guesthouse as cover from other bandits that might still be trapped by the vines, and recasts her cantrip at her new target, trying to buy her companions a bit more time before he threathens them.

Daze at green (Will Save DC 19).


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision
Quote:

The hooded ranger looks at the fallen orange bandit, then up at Rhiann. He smirks. "Mercenaries? I really can't wait to hear your wife's screams." He nocks an arrow and attempts a returning shot.

Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
The arrow misses Rhiann, piercing the wooden palisade wall.

Rhiannon fixes a deadly glare on the bandit leader as he shouts his vile threats. "The only thing you'll be hearing, is you, choking on the blood filling your lungs!" she shouts, sending an arrow streaking towards the bastard.

Targeting Hooded stranger
Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 4, Liz retracks some of her steps and draws her sling.

Adela changes her crossbow for her morningstar and shield, addressing the blue in an ominous manner. Meanwhile, Erik moves towards the blue bandit, shooting him at point blank. The dazed bandit never had a chance. He falls sideways, dead.

Alyssa focuses her attention on the green bandit, casting another Daze spell!
Green Will DC19 (Daze): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Lucky confronts the green bandit to go away! She fires her light crossbow in warning. The bolt lodges into his upper thigh but he doesn't seem to react!

The pink bandit pulls at the tangling vines wrapped around her feet and legs.
Pink Strength DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Rhiann verbally spars with the hooded ranger and fires an arrow! The two-story guesthouse partially blocks the fighter's vision, but the projectile still manages to land its mark! The arrow pierces into the hooded ranger's torso and he stumbles into the stable! It's hard to tell, but his body slowly slides down the outside stable wall, leaving a red smear down the side of wood. From his location, only Rhiann and the red bandit can see the hooded ranger is dead.

At the end of Round 4, the trapped horses fearfully pull at the plants holding them hostage!
Black Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Blue Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Orange Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
The black horse and the blue horses remain stuck, injuring themselves on the brambles. The orange horse breaks free and runs off in the opposite direction from the red horse.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

In Round 5, the red bandit turns around to flee! He awkwardly pushes through the difficult terrain and disappears around the palisade wall.

After Liz acts, the green bandit stands still as tree, dazed.

At the end of Liz's turn, the living vines pull at the red bandit.
Red Reflex DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Right at the edge of the foliage, the vines wrap around his legs, trapping him in place!

Round 5
Blue 24 (15 damage, dead)
Orange 23 (10 damage, dead)
Red 20 (1 damage, Entangled)
Liz 18
Yellow 16 (9 damage, dead)
Green 16 (4 damage, Dazed)
Adela 16
Erik 15
Alyssa 15 (Mage Armor)
Lucky 13
Pink 12 (2 damage)
Rhiaan 10
Happs Bydon (black ranger) 7 (12 damage, dead)
(Party Buffs: )

Horses: black, blue Entangled (3 damage each, act at end of round)
Horses: pink, green (1 damage each, act at end of round)

Bold may act!


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Surrender now! You are overwhelmed!


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa smiles a bit at Liz's words, hoping that they mean the battle is almost over, as her view of the battlefield is still quite limited. The smile quickly fades as she sees yet another bandit break free from the vines and move forward towards Adela, Erik and Lucky.

Just how many more of them are left?!

Taking a small step forward, she recasts her cantrip at the new target.

"Focus your attacks on the one nearest to me! She tells the others. "My spell should be wearing off shortly, and he'll be able to move again. I'll try to stop the new one while you deal with him."

Daze at pink (Will Save DC 19).


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

I agree with Liz that taking some alive to interrogate might be very useful. I was hoping to get Haps, but not to be I guess. If Liz and Rhiann can make sure Red doesn't get away, the rest of us can deal with green and pink. I expect Alyssa will Daze pink, so let's shoot green full of holes and then we can pile on pink and grapple her down...

Erik picks his next target and shoots...

Move action - study green
standard action - shoot green
5' step (getting ready to charge pink)

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 19
+1 Bab +1 studied combat +1 PBS +3 dex

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
+1 str +1 studied combat +1 PBS


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Moving out to the corner of the palisade, Rhiann goes after the fleeing bandit, determined not to let him escape to warn the rest of their camp. Lining up her shot, she sends another arrow, streaking towards the entangled enemy.

Targeting Red
Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

I was going for green, but Eric seems to have found his eye.

Adela moves calmly forward, she switches her target to the Pink Bandit when Eric puts a nasty arrow into Green.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

She winces as she only manages to damage the cart. "Perhaps you could drop your weapon and surrender now?" She asks hopefully.


Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

Lucky flinches as more bandits fall. It was a good thing of course, it meant they couldn't do...whatever it was the leader had been threatening to do to Svetlana, but she still wishes they'd stopped fighting instead.

With Adela close to the last standing bandit Lucky doesn't trust her aim. (Not that she trusted it all that much to begin with.) Instead she drops her crossbow and grabs her whip from her side. Her plan is to crack it over the bandit's head, distracting him away from Adela, but it gets caught on her cloak and she has to spend time untangling it.

Aid Another, Whip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Free action: Drop crossbow
Miscellaneous: Five foot step
Move action: Draw whip
Standard action: Aid another (fail)


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 5, Liz trash-talks the remaining bandits! Meanwhile, the green bandit, stands around looking Dazed!

Adela swings her morningstar at the dazed bandit, but her arc is too wide and she misses!

Erik is more precise with his shot. The arrow plunges into the green bandit's heart and his knees buckle.

The half-elf sorceress continues to fling spells one after another at the bandits. Her next one is aimed at the pink bandit!
Pink Will DC19 (Daze): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Then, Lucky attempts to follow up with her whip! She swings her arm but the movement backfires and the whip doesn't seem to go where she'd planned!

The pink bandit is still, suggesting Alyssa's spell was a success. She isn't even able to return the taunting banter Liz is throwing their way! Rhiann adds injury to insult with an arrow to her back. The pink bandit appears badly injured now, with no allies left alive except for the one fleeing outside the palisade!

At the end of Round 5, the trapped horses fearfully pull at the unforgiving vines holding them hostage!
Black Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Blue Horse's Strength DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Both finally break free and escape into the palisade somewhere.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

In Round 6, the red bandit attempts to yank himself free of the tangling vines. You imagine he might be praying to whatever deity his ancestors venerate.
Red Strength DC14 (Entangle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
He manages to yank himself free once more and continues to flee, off the map.

The pink bandit drops her longbow and falls to her knees, arms raised in surrender. "Please don't kill me! I was only followin' orders!"

We are out of combat.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Liz's plants continue to move unnaturally fast as if searching for unlucky creatures to wrap themselves around. The pool of blood surrounding each dead bandit darkens the dirt around them. Oleg appears near the firepit, surveying the death within his palisade's walls. You can hear the panicked screaming and rhythmic stomping of at least one horse running wild in the back of the palisade.

Looting the bodies, (including the surrendered pink bandit) you gather seven sets of leather armor, seven short swords, six longbows, and one composite longbow (+2 Str). The bandits you managed to kill or capture had a total of 14 days worth of trail rations, 69 arrows, and 95 gold coins. Someone also finds a silver Stag Lord amulet worth 20 gold hung around Happ's neck.

There are also five light horses and a medium wagon.

Loot Sheet updated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"Well done everyone!" Rhiann calls out from her perch that's just slings her bow over her shoulder, taking up her polearm. "Liz, If you call off the plants, weekend likely catch the one that escaped, especially if we follow on horseback. They're small chance of him losing us on foot."


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

@Ventiine, I believe that Rhiann was shooting at red, not at pink... That being said, Erik would very much not like it for Red to escape, to potentially warn the other bandits. Thus:
In round 6
The nearest bandit having surrendered, and the others in view being dead, Erik runs for the palisade...
Double move, following the red dashed line
In round 7
He bursts onto the catapult platform, longbow in hand, and takes a snapshot at the fleeing bandit...
Move action - continueing to follow the red dashed line
standard action - shoot at the fleeing bandit (red), who can't be that far away; assuming he took 2 run actions, that's 240' ft - 3 range increments out.

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 3 - 2 = 21 vs target with a -2 ac from using run
+1 Bab +3 dex -2 (half normal range penalty from Accuracy class ability)

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
+1 str

If I can't bring him down with arrow fire, who wants to join the hunting party? IMO, we should not let him escape to warn the bandits we are here and operating.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

@Rhiann, oops, sorry I missed your target. Red is still alive, albeit very injured (6 damage). From your current position at the end of Round 6, you'd be 20 feet up, 125 feet away (triangle math 135 feet?) from the red bandit. I suppose you could try to shoot him in Round 6.

@Erik, please remember you must climb (link) 20 feet up a ladder in order to get onto the palisade wall. I'm counting 40 feet of movement just to reach the ladder. You also need two free hands to climb, so you must either drop or put away your weapon. I don't believe your character has the action economy.

I will allow @Liz a round of combat before the red bandit escapes into the wild. (I don't think anyone else on the map has the action economy.) Red ends Round 6 at the corner of the palisade wall. He ends Round 7 120 feet farther away in a straight line. (He's full-blown running away.)

@Everyone, the party could certainly try to track down the injured bandit. Everyone's character would know his odds of survival, by himself, on foot, injured, in the "wild lands" are not great.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz cancels the spell and the vines retreat into the ground.


Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

Lucky hooks her whip back onto her side, bends down to pick up her crossbow, and puts that away too. A lock of hair falls in front of her face and she grimaces. Black with grey streaks. Pickles would have a fit if he saw her now.

Pickles isn't here. That's probably for the best.

She ignores Erik and Rhiann for now. Even if they go after the last bandit she shouldn't be needed, seeing as she's neither a good fighter nor a good tracker. Instead, having taken a moment to calm herself, she approaches the living bandit with a smile. Officially she's here for morale. The ragtag army's hurdy-gurdy girl. (Because there were few enough volunteers that the Swordlords saw no reason not to go along with her stupid idea.) Finding out what this bandit knows would be good for morale, right?

"Hi there! I'm called Lucky. What can I call you?" The bandit's kneeling which puts her only a little above Lucky's eye level. That's helpful. "You made the right decision by surrendering. We're supposed to execute unrepentant bandits but you look repentant to me. You can help prove that by giving us some information. You said you were following orders? Whose?"

Diplomacy, Influence Attitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Lucky is genuinely trying to be diplomatic but if you think Intimidate would be more appropriate then she'd have a 16.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Quickly climbing down the ladder, looks over to where the interrogation of the surrendered bandit has begun, quietly signaling to tie her up, before racing to the stables to saddle her horse in preparation for pursuit.

Coming out into the courtyard she looks to her companions as they gather the gear from the fallen bandits. "Erik, how good are you at tracking? Injured as he is that last one won't get far on foot."


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

"Not bad myself, but Malki's pretty good..." says Erik, even as he hustles to the stables, to get his horse and his dog (Malki). He tosses over his shoulder "Liz and Fifi might want to come along as well."


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Before we separate is anyone injured at all? Adela can do a Channel to heal the group if needed.

Adela will gather the bodies of the fallen and say a prayer to Pharasma over them. She does keep an eye on the one that Lucky is talking to just in case she needs to assist her. "Do you have a shovel Oleg? I will prepare graves for them."

No ride or tracking skill so best she doesn't join the chase.


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa nods at Rhiann's signal and turns to Oleg as he approaches.

"We should tie her up - make sure she doesn't try anything. Do you have any rope we could use?"

She then approaches the kneeling woman, drawing her dagger as she does so, but making no threatening moves. A small thrush flies down from the guesthouse's roof and lands on Alyssa's shoulder, eyeing the woman as well.

Were you 'just following orders' as well when you joined up with this group to steal, threaten and murder honest people, I wonder?

Her eyes burn with anger as she nears, but after a moment she relaxes her posture before talking. Lucky opted for a diplomatic approach and Alyssa had no desire to sabotage her current attempt. Gaining more information was the most important goal right now.

"My companion is right - the best way for you to prove yourself to us is to support us in taking the rest of your gang down. Who leads you? Where is the rest of your group, and how many more are in it?"

Diplomacy (aid another): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

I took a nasty gash from an arrow. Fifi comes bounding out of the house to Liz's side and whines.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Liz disbands her plants and Lucky gathers her dropped weapons. Fifi comes bounding out of the Leveston’s residence, followed by a hesitant Svetlana. The gnome bard approaches the pink bandit, who’s currently on her knees with hands in the air. Alyssa stands near the bard, but lets her companion do most of the talking. (Change attitude Diplomacy DC24, Lucky fail)

“Keila the Croo- Keila, I’m Kelia. You’re not gonna kill me right?” The bandit listens to Lucky, but takes the opportunity to look at the surrounding group. “Yeah, I was just followin’ orders,” she continues, “I report- reported to Happs,” she gestures her head towards the dead ranger. “one of the Stag Lord’s officers.”

Sense Motive DC11 (Kelia):
Kelia’s expression betrays the fact she doesn’t know what “repentant" means. However, she does seem to get the hint.

Through her questioning, you learn that Happs never actually met the Stag Lord, despite his position as an officer. The silver pendant strung around his neck served as evidence of his position.

You also learn during your interrogation that the camp Keila resides as is a 16-hour walk through the woods West (K). Hex Map updated.

Alyssa oversees Kelia being tied up with rope from Oleg’s storeroom (A10). Oleg seems unhappy that you’re keeping the bandit alive. Out of earshot, he reiterates Svetlana’s safely. “I know you’re the experts, but they threatened to kidnap my wife. I don’t want that bandit here.”

Meanwhile, Adela drags the dead bodies to one central location and says a prayer to Pharasma. While Oleg observes the interrogation, Svetlana offers to help Adela by retrieving a shovel. She hands the tool over but hesitates, “you know, it might be better to burn the bodies. There are lots of opportunitist scavengers around here. There’s a lot of scrap wood in the middens (A5). We could build a pyre outside of the palisade.”

Additional Oleg and Svetlana dialog (read: quests) in upcoming posts.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Several feet away, Rhiann and Erik converge into conversation. They think they can catch up to the rogue bandit if they ride on horseback. If the contents of the dead bandits are any indication, the red bandit lacks any healing capabilities.

Are you going to split the party to hunt down the red bandit? If so, who is going and are you walking or riding horses?

Or do you all want to do something else? It's currently early morning. You have an entire day to spend how you like.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

A quick split to hut down Red should be a brief sidebar at best. He's on foot, we're mounted. If we can't catch him within an hour we'll head back. Rhiann, Erik, and Malki should be enough to handle this.

"We should be back soon. Better to catch the one that ran before he can get to their camp and warn anyone." Rhiann says, mounting her horse. "Have someone keep an eye out while we're gone, and close the gates if you see anything that looks like trouble approaching. Better safe than sorry."

Looking to the half-elven archer to see if he's ready, she sets off in the direction the wounded bandit fled.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz helps haul the bodies to be burned. I am not a good rider even though I brought a horse so I can help with the bodies. Best we send our riders out to track the bandit. Liz doesn't add that she is hopeless in the wilderness since she spent all of her life in Kaer Maga.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none
Rhiann Sokol wrote:


"We should be back soon. Better to catch the one that ran before he can get to their camp and warn anyone." Rhiann says, mounting her horse. "Have someone keep an eye out while we're gone, and close the gates if you see anything that looks like trouble approaching. Better safe than sorry."

Looking to the half-elven archer to see if he's ready, she sets off in the direction the wounded bandit fled.

Leading horse with one hand and Malki with the other, Erik is already at the gates. Wordlessly, he sets Malki on the blood trail of the wounded bandit and swings up on his horse to follow the hound...

Survival, Malki: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 4 = 17
+1 wis +4 tracking by scent

Note, Erik is not trying for the sense motive DC as he's busy with the pursuit of Red.


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As Liz is the only wounded Adela gives her healing using a spell.

She agrees with Svetlana about the pyre and after wishing the hunters good luck she arranges a funeral pyre and sets the dead atop it. Performing a brief ceremony to Pharasma to make sure there are no returns from the boneyard.

No restless dead. :)

Oddly enough despite the violence and death that greeted their arrival in the Stolen lands Adela feels pleased. It might only be a slight improvement but they had made things better.


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Sense Motive (Alertness): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Sense Motive (Familiar): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"I know how you feel, Oleg. Showing mercy to these people after how they treated you and your wife, or their other victims, doesn't sit too well with me, either. But it is the right idea - any details we can get on her group will be helpful in taking them all down."

While the others take care of the bodies, Alyssa goes back to the captured bandit, hoping to extract a bit more details on her group before they set out. Forcing herself to lead with a calm smile on her face, Alyssa addresses the woman.

"Look, Keila, I know you might be reluctant in sharing more information on your group, but it really is the smartest choice for you right now. I couldn't help but notice you didn't really answer my question on how many more are still in your gang.

I don't know if you simply forgot, or if you're hoping we get killed by your companions and that they would come back to rescue you. If it's the latter, you really should reconsider. If that happens, they'll know someone betrayed the camp's location to us, and seeing as you are the only one left, they'll probably figure it was you. If instead we are walking into a trap but are able to get back here, we'll know you tried to trick us - hardly the actions of someone trying to make up for her crimes, clearing any doubts if we should consider you "unrepentant".

So, I'll ask again: How many more can we expect to find in your camp? And more questions: How is the camp defended, what care should we take in our approach?"

Unsure if this should have been an Intimidate check as well. Intimidate modifier is +5 instead of +16, for 24. And unsure if I can even roll for Diplomacy after aiding Lucky with her roll

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Female Gnome Bard (First World Minstrel) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 19 (T: 14, FF: 16) | Saves (+2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion, +1 vs fey): F:+1, R:+5, W:+1 | BAB: +0, CMB: -2, CMD: +11, | Init: +3 | Perc. +3, SM -1 | Spells: (1st) 2/2

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

"'Repentant' means feeling sorry for the bad things you did," Lucky helpfully explains. For the most part she then stands back and lets Alyssa take over the interrogation, noting that the sorceress is way better at it than she is. As Rhiann and Erik ride off she calls out to them, "If you're not back in a couple hours we'll come after you!"

Returning her attention to Keila, she adds a quick clarification to Alyssa's question. "By 'how many can we expect to find' we'd like to know both how many are at the camp now and the total number of bandits, if those two numbers are different." She tilts her head, studying Keila's face. "I'd recommend being honest."

Diplomacy Aid?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

From now on Lucky will defer to Alyssa's diplomatic expertise and be the aider rather than the roller. I didn't realize how high your modifier was!


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Rhiann deploys her own tracking skills as well, following signs of broken branches and disturbed earth as well as looking out for signs of blood from the wounded bandit.

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Even moving at half speed (for tracking)on horseback almost matches speed of a healthy person on foot, and if Malki catches his scent then we don't even need to slow down.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Best be cooperative, or else we'll turn Fifi loose on you.

Grrrrrrrr!


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Oleg’s Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Nice Survival checks! Rhiann, Erik, and Malki mount on horseback and ride out of the palisade in the direction of the red bandit. Rhiann and Erik scan the horizon as their horses' hooves beat the ground in rhythmic synchronicity. After about five to ten minutes, they both spot the bleeding bandit leaning against a tree, breathing heavily. When the bandit spots the three, he attempts to keep running but his foot catches on a surfaced treeroot. He falls forward, prone. What do you want to do with the red bandit? I'll add his gear to the Loot Sheet now.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Meanwhile, Liz, Adela, and Lucky attend to the immediate mess inside the palisade. Svetlana and Adela work on piling the dead bodies into an empty cart so they can be burned. (The work will likely be completed after the others return to the palisade.) Keila keeps an eye on Fifi but doesn't appear intimidated by the poodle.

Oleg holds a hammer loosely at his side but says nothing during Alyssa's and Lucky's continued interrogation. He's a man of few words, but it's clear he's not willing to relax while a perceived threat is still present inside the palisade.

Keila considers Alyssa's words. Alyssa's reputation with Keila (NPC bandit) improved from Hostile to Unfriendly.

"I ain't good with numbers but about a third of us came here. The rest are probably out hunting or resting at camp. We take shifts so someone's always tending the firespit and keeping grizzlies outta our stores."

"I can lead you to the camp," Keila offers. "It's near a river, which makes it easy to hide our footprints. It ain't much, but we got tents and two watchposts. Nothing fancy like what you got here, but it does the job. There are logs positioned alongside the first trail for cover too. We work with what we got." Keila seems unashamed of her rudimentary lifestyle. You think she might even be proud to say she's adept at living in the wilderness. She tells you the bandits climb up the two 20-foot tall platforms using a rope ladder pr by scaling one of the trees (Climb DC15). When the rope ladders are pulled up onto the platform, one is forced to climb a tree to gain access.

"Oh." Keila adds as if an afterthought: "We got a busted wagon. Kressle likes to use it to dupe travelers. You're not going to kill me, right? I said I'd help you." Keila explains the wagon has two broken wheels. The bandits don't have any replacements so now they just use it to draw in unsuspecting travelers. You think you've gathered all the useful information you can from Keila. You're free to execute her, jail her, or release her. If someone in your party is interested in redemption, you could also try to put her on a different life path.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The party eventually regroups. The blazing pyre sends a trail of smoke and a foul smell of singed hair and flesh. However, the surrounding forest is thick limiting long-distance visibility. Oleg rakes the dirt inside the palisade, mixing the bloodied ground with the untouched brown.

Svetlana approaches Adela to point out several fliers posted inside the palisade. They were easy to miss last night, but in the daylight and well-rested, you spot them easily. Quests Updated (link)

Two of the fliers appear to have come from Brevoy. One reads "WANTED: BANDITS" in all capitalized lettering. Below an illustration of a rugged humanoid carrying a sack over his shoulder. On top of the image, it appears someone defaced the illustration by drawing female anatomy on it. Below the graffiti, it reads "The bandits in the Greenbelt need to be shown that their actions will not be tolerated. Capture or kill at least ten of them to send a message. A reward of 700 gold granted by the swordlords."

The second flier from Brevoy reads "KOBOLDS IN THE HILLS," also in all capitalized lettering. There's a drawing of a vermin-looking humanoid wearing armor and wielding a dagger and shield. It reads "The Sootscale kobolds dwell in a cave somewhere in the Kamelands. Normally not a problem, they've been riled up by something lately. Find their lair and ensure that the kobolds aren't going to continue being a threat. A reward of 1,200 gold granted by the swordlords."

A third flier appears to have been made by Oleg himself. It reads "WANTED: TATZWYRM" and depicts a large wingless wyrm with two large clawed arms. Svetlana stands nearby, explaining: "My husband would love to have a tatzwyrm head to display here at the trading post. It would be a great conversation piece." The reward is listed as 900 gold pieces, paid by Oleg.

The fourth and last flier is written in a script different from the two Brevoy fliers and Oleg's. It reads "WANTED: TUCKGUTTER." There's a detailed depiction of a ferocious boar with puffs of steam coming out of its snout. It reads "Every Greenbelt hunter has a story about Tuskgutter, each wilder than the last. Whoever manages to kill the ill-tempered beast will get a nice reward from old, retired Vekkel Benzen, who lost his leg to the monster pig a year ago. Deliver to Oleg." The reward listed is a masterwork longbow and six +1 animal bane arrows.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Oleg and Svetlana seem pleased with the party's success. Oleg hands the party a pouch of 50 gold and the three potions from his stockroom. Two of them are potions of cure light wounds and the third is a potion of shield of faith +2. Loot Sheet Updated (link)

In case it wasn't clear, Oleg's Trading Post will serve as a base of operations as the party explores the Greenbelt.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Before returning

Riding up to the fallen bandit, Rhiann dismounts, removing her fauchard from its place in the saddle. "So you thought you could threaten innocent people, rob them, and when things went wrong, simply flee back to your leader with your tail between your legs?" the fighter asks, coldly.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik dismounts as well and calms Malki, ruffing his ears and telling him "Good job Malki, well done". He holds his peace and waits for Rhiann to finish her conversation and make judgement...


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

I believe that since you have been helpful, that you can be spared. Exile sounds good to me, give them a backpack and point them out of these lands.

As for Tuskgutter, is it really such a threat or defending it's territory? I could attempt to converse with it.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Red Bandit Aprehended ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The bandit lifts himself out of the dirt, resting on his knees and hands like a dog. "Please don't kill me! I was only followin' orders! Kressle an' Happ was the real bandits!"

He sits back on his legs, resting his hands on his thighs. He looks up at you with fear in his eyes.

We'll continue this above the current gameplay.

ೃ⁀➷

✧˚ · . Pink Bandit Aprehended ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Keila remains alive at present but is at the mercy of the party.

We'll continue this above the current gameplay.

ೃ⁀➷

✧˚ · . Oleg's Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The party decides to sell what they can get value for to Oleg. The group sells four of the bandits' longbows and one leather armor in exchange for 140 gold coins, 577 silver, and 1,080 copper and two antitoxins. Loot Sheet Updated (link). The coin takes up a lot of space in your bags, but you believe you can safely store your excess items and coin within Oleg's Trading Post while you're out adventuring.

Oleg makes conversation but soon it turns into a request: "If the other groups are worth their salt like you, the trading post will do well." He looks around and spots his wife some distance away. "The bandits stole my dove's wedding ring. She's forbidden me from trying to recover it but if you happen to bring it back, I'd be grateful." Oleg promises 1,000 gold in trading post credit if you return Svetlana's ring. Quest Log Updated (link)

Oleg's comment may refresh memories in someone's mind. You weren't the only group to receive a charter. For clarity, please identify which group(s) you roll for.

Knowledge Local DC15 (Chartered Group Iron Wraiths):
You recall the swordlords sent a relatively experienced band of adventurers known as the Iron Wraiths into the Glenebon Uplands, charging them with purging the hills of the Tiger Lord barbarians and, eventually, to make diplomatic contact with Pitax to work out border issues.

Knowledge Local DC15 (Maegar Varn):
You recall the centaurs of the Nomen Heights have always been trouble, and in an attempt at a show of force, the swordlords sent a group of mercenaries led by one of their own, a low-ranking but eager-to-impress swordlord named Maegar Varn to establish a town and make peace with the Nomen centaurs.

Knowledge Local DC15 (Diplomats & Soldiers):
You recall the East Sellen River runs through the swamps known as Hooktongue Slough. As the most vital trade route from the south, this area has been the most important to Brevoy—as a result, a large group of diplomats and high-ranking soldiers has been sent into this area to ensure the trade route is open and safe. You can't recall any names at present. (Read: The book doesn't specify)

The world is yours to explore! (Hex Map link)

When the party is ready, please identify a hex number to travel or explore. Slide 2 outlines the party's speed depending on your mode. You are only as fast as your slowest party member. You could also wait around at Oleg's Trading Post, as travelers regularly come and go.

Once per day, when entering a hex there is a 5% chance (96-100 GM roll) you may have a random encounter. And a 15% chance (86-100 GM roll) you may encounter something while camping/resting. I'm limiting encounters to once per in-game day so if I roll the random encounter, I will NOT roll the camping encounter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

K Local, Iron Wraiths, take 10: 10 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 16
1 rank +3 trained +2 int

K Local, Maergar Varn, take 10: 10 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 16

K Local, Diplomats & Soldiers, take 10: 10 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 16


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Red Bandit Aprehended

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"Well, Haps isn't an issue anymore, assuming he's the mouthy one that led you all, and this Kressle will meet him soon." Rhiann replies, weapon still held in a ready position. "How did you end up joining them, and where is your camp? I'm assuming that's where you were trying to head."

---------------------------------------------------------------

As the trade for the bandits' equipment takes place, Rhann takes heart in the developing situation. The fact that they could leave the excess coin with Oleg while traveling boded well, and the man's skill with commerce would be a boon to them as they established some sort of order out here.

"We'll definitely keep an eye out for it when we deal with the rest of them." she says earnestly, looking to her companions.

Knowledge Local (Chartered Group Iron Wraiths): 1d20 ⇒ 3
Knowledge Local (Maegar Varn): 1d20 ⇒ 9
Knowledge Local (Diplomats & Soldiers): 1d20 ⇒ 3

Once they settle into some semblance of a routine, the fighter considers Oleg's mention of other groups. "I don't know anything about any of the other groups that have charters, do any of you?" she asks her companions.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Red Bandit Apprehended
Erik spits on the ground, and gives the bandit a hard eyeball. "Well son, I only chased you down so that you wouldn't report back to the rest of your crew. Dead men don't tell tales and all... Not to mention the only person for 10 miles with an arrow spoon to get that shaft out of you without you bleeding to death is back at Oleg's... So you might want to figure out some way of making yourself useful."

Uses Studied target

Intimidate: 1d2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 = 5
1 rank +3 trained +0 cha

Sense Motive, how much hooey is he feeding us: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 17
1 rank +3 trained +1 wis +1 studied target


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Oleg's Trading Post

Rhiann Sokol wrote:


...
Once they settle into some semblance of a routine, the fighter considers Oleg's mention of other groups. "I don't know anything about any of the other groups that have charters, do any of you?" she asks her companions.

"I keep my ear to the ground and have heard a bit about what the Swordlords are up to around here. They've been sending groups of agents into the river kingdoms to build up their influence, we're one of those groups, but there are 3 others I have heard of:

First, a relatively experienced band of adventurers known as the Iron Wraiths were sent into the Glenebon Uplands, charged them with purging the hills of the Tiger Lord barbarians and, eventually, to make diplomatic contact with Pitax to work out border issues.
Second, a bunch of mercenaries led by one of their own, a low-ranking but eager-to-impress swordlord named Maegar Varn were sent to the Nomen Heights in a show of force for the centaurs there, to establish a town and make peace.
Finally, a large group of diplomats and high-ranking soldiers was sent into the swamp called Hooktongue Slough. The East Sellen River, the most important trade route to the southlands run through the swamp. Their task was to ensure the trade route is open and safe."


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz has no idea who the other groups are because she is a Kaer Maga girl(Plus doesn't have Know:local)

I wonder if we can contact them and perhaps work together to get the lands under control.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"I suppose that's possible, though if the mercenaries are as ambitious as they sound, they might just see that as an opportunity to expand their own claim here." Rhiann replies.


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

After performing the ceremony for the dead and igniting the pyre Adela joins the group again. Nodding in agreement with Rhiann, "Perhaps we should deal with the local problems first. Once we have things more settled we can contact the other groups if there are problems we all share?"


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Red Bandit Aprehended ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The red bandit listens as Rhiann fortells of Kressle's demise.

Sense Motive DC12 or Rhiann:
The bandit is clearly cowed by you, but his expression indicates that he's not convinced you can kill Kressle.

The red bandit responds to all the questions, beginning: "I been a thief all my life. Started pickpocketing early. Heard I could live in a place that didn't smell like piss and decided to leave the city."

The bandit describes the location of the camp and offers to take you there. (Area K on the Hex Map.)

The red bandit doesn't try to refute Rhiann's assumption of intending to return to camp. When Erik chimes in, attempting to intimidate the bandit into submission. (DC10 Fail)

The slayer's words don't quite seem to hit the way he wants them too, but the red bandit nods his head as if agreeing. "Ya, I can be helpful. I can guide you to the camp!" You see hope in his eyes.

ೃ⁀➷

✧˚ · . Oleg's Trading Post ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The group squares up their plans to use Oleg's Trading Post as a base of operations. They establish with Oleg that they'll be leaving a portion of their inventory as they make the Greenbelt safer. Oleg nods and offers space in his own house. He explains that he'll empty out the Storeroom for you. (A10)

The party also discusses the other charter groups that are currently out doing their own exploration. Oleg and Svetlana don't seem to know anything about any of the other charters.

The world is yours to explore! (Hex Map link)

When the party is ready, please identify a hex number to travel or explore. Slide 2 outlines the party's speed depending on your mode. You are only as fast as your slowest party member. You could also wait around at Oleg's Trading Post, as travelers regularly come and go.

Once per day, when entering a hex there is a 5% chance (96-100 GM roll) you may have a random encounter. And a 15% chance (86-100 GM roll) you may encounter something while camping/resting. I'm limiting encounters to once per in-game day so if I roll the random encounter, I will NOT roll the camping encounter.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Shall we head to the bandit camp? No doubt they will be wondering where their raiding party went and perhaps we can disguise ourselves as them.


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Adela nods. "Best to deal with them before they get any warning and are ready for us.'

As usual she sounds as if she's discussing what to have for supper.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

✧˚ · . Red Bandit Aprehended ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

"Alright. Here's what's going to happen. We're going to take you back to the fort where we'll patch you up enough that you don't die." Rhiann says seriously.

"It may be a day or two, or it might not, but you are going to lead us back to your camp. Do that, without any tricks, or any attempt to warn them, and you'll be let go. Betray us in any way, and you die. Am I clear?"


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none
LizArdoc wrote:
Shall we head to the bandit camp? No doubt they will be wondering where their raiding party went and perhaps we can disguise ourselves as them.

The alternative to exploring to find the bandit camp (hex 10 and then 16) would be to assure ourselves that the road to Restov [ooc](hex 6) is clear. I also don't like the disguise plan; we don't have the numbers (there were 7 in the raiding party), and disguising Lucky as a human-sized bandit will be difficult...

Ok, We haven't established our kingdom yet. I think we need to a)explore hexes to find a good starting site, and b) complete the assorted quests to prepare ourselves (level up). I think we may as well start with the four hexes next to Oleg's (4,6,10,11). I'd pick either 6 or 10 for the reasons above...

Actually, @ Ventiine, does the hex Oleg's is in (hex 5) count as explored? If not, I would say start with that one...

51 to 100 of 436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Pinvendor's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.