GM Pinvendor's Kingmaker 1e

Game Master pinvendor

Location: D36
Current day: Fireday, 22 Gozran, 4710
4710 Calendar

Kingdom Sheet | Roll20 Maps | Quests | Loot


101 to 150 of 424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor
Lucky Bignoodle wrote:
From now on Lucky will defer to Alyssa's diplomatic expertise and be the aider rather than the roller. I didn't realize how high your modifier was!

Don't worry about the modifiers, feel free to be the roller, especially if we're dealing with bandits - while Alyssa might be especially talented at diplomacy for now, and naturally tend towards it in normal interactions, she doesn't look too kindly on bandits, given her past. I wouldn't have gone with the diplomatic option if you didn't start down that road.

"Keila, the bandit that surrendered, has agreed to lead us to the camp" Alyssa tells Erik and Rhiann as the discussion drifts towards their next goal. "I do agree with Liz and Adela - heading there first, before they start to wonder what happened to the group they sent here, is probably best. Keila gave us some details on the camp's layout and their defenses: Two watchtowers, logs giving them cover from people approaching on the road, and a broken wagon they apparently use to dupe travelers. We're looking at around fourteen more bandits to deal with, but some might be out camping. One more reason for us to hurry, I suppose - if they get suspicious, they might opt to leave more people at the camp."

"I can send Lyra here to fly over the camp and get a look at it before we go in." She adds, petting the little bird on her shoulder. "Should help in giving us a better idea on how to approach them."


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Well we could always have Olge's be the capitol. Liz grins. I say we stick to more rural and forest friendly villages and towns. None of those big cities, I have had enough of those.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"I'd definitely be comfortable with a more rural type of development here, though I'm not sure Oleg would be overly thrilled with us making the fort our capitol long-term." Rhiann replies.

"That's an excellent idea! If we can get a good look at their camp layout with them being none the wiser, it should definitely give us an advantage." she says to Alyssa.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz asks the bandit,Anyone at your camp that can cast magic?


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Traveling ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The party agrees universally that they should confront the bandit camp immediately. Liz makes a valid point about the bandit group's expected return and Adela seconds the notion. The two bandits seem amenable to the idea of their lives being spared in exchange for their guidance to their camp. However, their faces fall when they realize they'll be doing it on foot. When Liz inquires if anyone at the camp can do magic, the bandits shake their heads. "Kressle's got two handaxes. They look expensive like Happ's longbow. Everybody else got what we got."

Keila (the pink bandit) and Doug (the red bandit) are instructed to draw a map, but you quickly realize Doug is illiterate and Keila's penmanship is quite rudimentary. I'm just going to add the map to Combat Map (link).

Wandering Monster DC96-100 (Hex #10): 1d100 ⇒ 28
Wandering Monster DC96-100 (Hex #16): 1d100 ⇒ 42

The two walk within a point-blank shot of the party as they lead the way back to their camp. (I assume you don't want to give the bandits horses to ride on.) The party is only as fast as their slowest companions and it will take an estimated 14 hours to get from Oleg's to the bandit camp. The forced march takes a toll on the bandits. After eight hours of walking, their ability to continue walking seems to wane.
Doug (Red 6 damage) Forced March Con DC12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Fail.
Nonlethal +Fatigued: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Keila (Pink 5 damage) Forced March Con DC12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Pass.

After nine hours of walking, Doug takes a dirt nap. (Unconscious at 0 HP.) Keila pauses to look at him, then up at the party. "We still got about five hours to go," Keila pants. Her voice sounds hoarse.

What would you like to do? Your ETA to the bandit camp is five more hours.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz sighs. Let's stop and rest a bit. This was a bad idea making them march. She gets a pointed 'yea think?' look from Kelia.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"Agreed." Rhiann says, looking at the body of the fallen bandit and considering Keila's condition. "It won't do anyone any good for you to die on your feet." she says, dismounting and walking over the the exhausted bandit.

Leading the others into a small copse of trees, she tosses their captive a waterskin. "Sit, drink some water, eat something" she says digging out some rations.

Survival (cover sign of our presence): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

As the group sets up a temporary camp, she uses broken branches to attempt to obscure the hoofprints of their horses, trying not to leave obvious signs of their presence, and dragging Doug's body in the opposite direction, waiting until Adela offers him last rites if she wishes.

Finding his wounded body would leave questions that might lead the bandits in a different direction, if anyone found him before they made it to the bandit camp, and would draw any predators in the area away from them.

What time of day is it?


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Adela winces as she dismounts, this is her first time riding and it has made her aware of parts of her that don't like it.

She stretches gingerly, massaging her derriere. She eyes Doug. "I could just heal him. He isn't dead, just unconscious." She casually remarks to Rhiann.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Rhiann stifles a grin as she notes Adela's reaction to the long ride.

"If that's the case then yes, it would be a good idea I think, he might even be grateful." Rhiann replies as Adela assesses Dug's condition as she's about to move him.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Traveling ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

It’s Toilday (Tuesday), the 15th of Calistril (February), 4710.

The party decides to dismount and setup camp. It is about five in the afternoon (17:00) as people begin unpacking camping gear and watering the horses. (I don't want to be nitpicky about bedrolls and blankets. Just know thematically that the season is at the tail end of Winter.)

There's an unmistakable expression of relief on Keila's face as she plops to the cold, packed ground for a well-needed sit. The party feels the opposite - after hours of riding, your butts are numb and it is a relief to get off your horses and stretch your legs.

Adela makes a casual remark about healing Doug and Rhiann agrees with the suggestion.

I am going to roll Camp Wandering Monster % in my next post.


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Adela raises her holy symbol and calls on the mercy of Pharasma, a burst of silver light rolls over the unconscious Doug, healing him of some of his wounds.

She secretly hopes it also will deal with her bruised behind. :)

I guess Keila also gets some healing. I don't know what effect Channel has on bruised butts?


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Pretty sure 1 pt of healing resolves any non-lethal so I think your backside'll be fine now. heh


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none
LizArdoc wrote:
Liz sighs. Let's stop and rest a bit. This was a bad idea making them march. She gets a pointed 'yea think?' look from Kelia.

"Making them march isn't a problem - they owe for their banditry. But they surrendered, so marching them to death is a bit much. So yes, let us camp for the night and consider strategy."


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik helps Rhiann in covering their tracks and hiding the camp.

Survival, Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 9 vs dc10
1 rank +3 trained +1 wis

He makes sure that the prisoners are carefully bound for the night (when the camp is asleep, except for the watch). He also makes sure there is an organized watch roster, with someone keeping watch at all times. He takes the black watch for himself, where his darkvision will be the most use...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz helps set the camp up and prepares dinner as well. She gives a portion to the bandits and keeps watch with Fifi who sniffs the air and patrols the camp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

After Adela channels, Doug (4/9 HP) groggily sits up. He appears fatigued. Keila (8/9 HP) seems to relax as well. The party takes turns watching the camp while the others sleep. Neither of the bandits gives you any trouble.

Camping Wandering Monster DC86-100 (Hex #16): 1d100 ⇒ 55

The night passes without incident.

ೃ⁀➷

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Today is Wealday (Wednesday), the 16th of Calistril (February), 4710.

Everyone gathers their gear and sets off around five in the morning. You arrive at the bandit camp around ten. You seem to have the upper hand, as nobody in the camp appears to be on high alert. There is one bandit stationed at each platform (K2 & K3). You think you could attempt to sneak closer without someone noticing. (Read: Stealth checks are an option) All of the bandits appear to have identical outfitting except for a woman with two handaxes (black border). She appears to be giving orders as the others check their gear or are dressing game. (I'm giving you all this information with the assumption someone snuck around to scout. This is your scout report.) Keila and Doug seem to have been honest with you. From the bandits' numbers, the remaining third of their group appears to be out hunting. If Doug had made it back, you think their numbers would be doubled here with everyone on high alert.

Overall, the Thorn Ford camp is relatively large, and well defended by numerous hidden platforms placed in the trees. The camp itself is about 60 feet from the Thorn’s north bank - a path winds alongside a shallow creek that leads directly up to the campsite. This path continues for another 200 feet north of the camp before turning into a standard game trail. See Combat Maps (link) for a description of each point of interest. It's quite the operation and you can understand why Oleg and other travelers have had such trouble.

I placed the party on the map, but feel free to move your token to a preferred area. For simplicity, let's rule that if you are within 60 feet of a bandit, roll a Stealth check against their Perception. The bandits on the platforms are 20 feet up, so they have a bonus.

I don't want to rush you, so you are free to do all your preparation measures. New Combat Map (link)


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Upon sighting the bandit camp, Erik says "Ok, let's back off a bit. We can set up a camp and cache our non-combat gear. We'll also tie these two up and leave them in camp", he waves at Keila and Doug, "so they won't have to deal with the temptation to warn the rest of their gang. While you guys do that, I'll sneak forward and reconnoiter the bandit camp while Lyra flies over it..."

Thus fulfilling the assumption that someone snuck around to scout, so we have the information that Ventiine gave us above.

Upon returning from his scouting mission, he reports "I spotted 7 bandits, one of whom carries a pair of hand axes - which fits the description we've been given of the leader Kressle. Two of the bandits are on platforms up in the trees. But one of those platforms is pretty isolated, being on this side of the stream (K3). I think I can sneak up on that guy and shoot him. That will probably be noisy, so the rest of them will come a running. If Liz drops her entangling spell on them, we ought to be able to take them pretty easy with minimal chances of any escapees to hunt down... What do you guys think?


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"If taking him down does draw their attention, they'll have to cross the river to get at us. If they hold their side, you're right, entangling them will make taking them down with bows a lot easier." Rhiann agrees. " And if this Kressel is as dangerous as they say, try not to engage her up close, if any of you can avoid it. Leave her to me if it comes to that."

Turning to Keila and Doug she addressed both of the bandits. "You two have both held to the deal so far, and we appreciate that, but I also understand that the people we are going to deal with now have been allies, perhaps even friends." she says, taking a moment to look each of them squarely in the eyes. "You'll be tied to a tree where we tether our horses, and unfortunately gagged as a precaution against calling out a warning. When this is all over, we will come back and release you. You have my word."


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

I can certainly entangle them and have a sling to help in ranged combat.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"Great! Your magic definitely made all the difference back at the outpost, keeping them from rushing and overwhelming any of us." Rhiann replies with a smile.


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

"Seems like a good plan" Alyssa nods to the others as they voice their suggestions. "If any of them manage to escape Liz's spell, I'll try to hold them off like I did back at Oleg's. If not, I'll try to hit them with my crossbow - I'm not a particularly good shot, but it's easy enough to use"

She then turns to the bandits, with a serious expression. "While you wait for us to come back, you might want to consider what you'll do next. We will let you go. But we're here to put a stop to the banditry in the region - if you keep at it, you might not get so lucky the next time we meet." She then faces Keila specifically. "When you were telling us about the camp, you seemed proud of your ability to survive out here in the wilderness - and I know it isn't easy. Why not put your skills to better use as a hunter?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Alyssa then sets about getting ready for their attack on the bandit camp, tieing her horse to a tree, loading her crossbow, and casting her protective spell while they are still far enough away. She then looks to the more martial inclined members of the group, waiting to follow their lead.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

We might want to target the leader first. Having her go down could take the fight out of the others and we can call on them to surrender.


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"Definitely. I'll try to take her with the longbow before she gets close, but if she makes it beyond the entanglement and tries to close, she'll be my focus." Rhian replies with a nod, stringing her bow.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Once the tactical discussion is complete, Erik readies his bow and leaves the trail, circling around to come in behind the isolated bandit on the platform that observes the trail. He sneaks carefully through the woods, wary and cautious...

Following the red dashed line to sneak up behind bandit blue...

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 3 + 3 = 27
1 rank +3 trained +3 dex

And because we will need it, one way or another
Init: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22
+3 Dex +2 trait

Assuming Erik is not spotted:

Once in position, he pauses to study the bandit closely for a second. Taking a deep breath, he pulls his bow to full draw and looses!
Use studied target on bandit blue
Standard Action - shoot blue

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 14 vs FF
+1 Bab +1 studied combat +1 PBS +3 dex

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6
+1 str +1 studied combat +1 PBS


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Taking a spot in the path, just beyond the likely watch range, where the stream forks, Rhian watches silently as Erek stealthily makes his way to get within his ideal striking range. Putting an arrow to her bow, she calms her breathing, keeping her eyes on the watchtower. If Erik's shot either misses or fails to instantly kill the guard, she readies a shot to hopefully stop them from sounding the alarm.

If Erik either misses or doesn't one-shot the lookout.:

Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
I think I'm still within the 100ft range increment, otherwise -2 to hit.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz has her sling in one hand


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

When Erik returns from scouting, the group solidifies a plan. Keila and Doug are gagged and tied to a tree so they won't be tempted to interfere. The horses are also secured at a safe distance.

Alyssa spends time talking to Keila, proposing an idea the bandit had perhaps not considered before. (Change attitude Diplomacy DC19, Alyssa Pass) The woman silently looks up at the half-elf sorceress. She seems to be thinking but you're not sure what about.
Alyssa's reputation with Keila (NPC bandit) improved from Unfriendly to Neutral.

Erik sneaks through the wood toward the most external lookout (K3). He's impressively stealthy.
Teal Perception (on platform) DC27: 1d20 + 0 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 0 + 4 = 19
And the teal bandit doesn't seem to notice him.

GM Screen:
Adela: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Alyssa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Erik: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Liz: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Lucky: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Rhiaan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Purple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Teal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Kressle: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

In the Surprise Round, Rhiann leads the assault with an arrow whistling through the air! Despite the tree cover, the projectile strikes the teal bandit in the torso. The bandit nearly loses his balance but catches himself on the tree trunk before toppling. Erik sends his own arrow, striking the already injured bandit. His body collapses on the platform, dead.

Surprise Round
Liz 20
Rhiaan 18
Erik 17
Lucky 16
Adela 13
Alyssa 11

Round 1
Orange 22
Liz 20
Purple 18
Rhiaan 18
Erik 17
Yellow 17
Green 17
Lucky 16
Kressle 14
Adela 13
Alyssa 11
Teal 11 (12 damage, dead)
Blue 7

Bold may act!


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz will move up with the others as a group so they don't get separated.

Just so we don't get spread out


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Rhiann points, gesturing silently to her companions to move toward Erik's position, skirting the outer range of the second sentry.

Second red line is suggested path, red arrow suggested point to move to.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Since everyone bar Eric is within her spells range Adela casts Bless in the name of Pharasma on the group.

+1 to attack rolls and +1 saves vs Fear for 1 minute.


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa silently nods at Rhiann's instructions and promptly follows along her suggested path.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In the Surprise Round, Liz moves to keep up with the group, Lucky looks around wide-eyed, Adela casts Bless on the party, and Alyssa also follows to keep up with the group.

In Round 1, the orange bandit does something!

Round 1
Orange 22
Liz 20
Purple 18
Rhiaan 18
Erik 17
Yellow 17
Green 17
Lucky 16
Kressle
Adela 13
Alyssa 11
Teal 11 (12 damage, dead)
Blue 7
Party Buffs: Bless (+1 Attack & Fear Saves)

Bold may act!


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz keeps moving towards Erik


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Erik sneaks forward under the trees, past the fallen bandit look out, towards the main camp...

Double move action , at 1/2 speed for stealth = 30 ft

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 + 3 = 8
1 rank +3 trained +3 dex


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 1, Liz chases after the others. Meanwhile, the purple takes a five-foot step and pulls out a longbow. Readied action. It's easier to see what the bandits are doing on the forest floor than up on the platforms.

Rhiann pauses to watch the bandits' movements. Erik attempts to blend into the forest surroundings.
Orange Perception (platform): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

The yellow and the green bandit move to crouch behind a fallen log and pull out longbows.

After Lucky acts, the woman who appears to be Kressle calls out, "I see some squirrels in the woods. Take them out!" She moves towards the cover and pulls out something. It appears smaller than a longbow.

Round 1
Orange 22
Liz 20
Purple 18
Rhiaan 18
Erik 17
Yellow 17
Green 17
Lucky 16
Kressle
Adela 13
Alyssa 11
Teal 11 (12 damage, dead)
Blue 7
Party Buffs: Bless (+1 Attack & Fear Saves)

Bold may act!


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

"Adela, Lucky, with me!" Rhian says, directing her companions to follow so that the group can strike the camp from two directions at once.

Moving forward, she settles into a spot, ready to fire at the first bandit to come within her sight.

Held action to shoot at the first bandit to enter line of sight:

Composite Longbow/Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Move. Hold attack until a bandit is visible. If there is one that I can see then I'll take the shot


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa crosses the river and tries to hide behind the cover of the closest trees, hoping to stay close enough to both fronts to help where she is most needed.

Unsure if the river is shallow enough to cross on foot. It seems narrow enough to jump across easily though, will take 10 if allowed, consider the next roll if not

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 18


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

Ok, the plan appears to have shifted to direct assault... Which should draw a swarm of bandits to Rhiann (and Alyssa if spotted). Meanwhile, Liz (and her entangle spell) appear to have left the map, so I doubt that she's in position to observe the bandit's movements and lock them down...

Erik's eyebrows raise as he spots Alyssa and Rhiann advancing directly on the main bandit camp...
He breaks cover and splashes across the stream, moving to support Alyssa with his archery.

Move - 30' ft
standard action - ready an attack for the first bandit to come into view...

readied attack:

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 3 = 15 +1 PBS if within 30'
+1 Bab +3 dex

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 +1 PBS if within 30'
+1 str

The dark purple circle is Erik's PBS shot range


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 1, Rhiann approaches the camp and shoots at the closest bandit - purple. The arrow hits its mark! Lucky and Adela both gasp in surprise! Meanwhile, Alyssa dexterously hops across the river without getting her boots wet! Pass.

In Round 2, the orange bandit returns a firing shot at Rhiann!
Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 1
The arrow thunks into a tree some five to ten feet above the intended target.

After Liz acts, the purple bandit fires an arrow at the closest target - Rhiann!
Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 1
Luck is with Rhiann yet again, as the arrow flies wide, missing!

Continuing in Round 2, Erik defends Rhiann sending a retaliating shot at the purple bandit! Unlike her shot, the slayer's is a direct hit. The arrow pierces the purple bandit's heart and she falls to the forest floor.

The yellow and the green bandit both seem to have the same idea. They both shoot at Rhiann!
Rhiann and Green seem to be *just* within longbow distance.
Yellow Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Yellow Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 4
Green Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Green Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 3
The human fighter seems unstoppable as she maneuvers through the wooded area and seems to process an unreasonable amount of luck!

Round 2
Orange 22
Liz 20
Purple 18 (10 damage, dead)
Rhiaan 18
Erik 17
Yellow 17
Green 17
Lucky 16
Kressle
Adela 13
Alyssa 11
Teal 11 (12 damage, dead)
Blue 7
Party Buffs: Bless (+1 Attack & Fear Saves)

Bold may act!


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz runs as fast as she can back to the group(done)


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Rhiann registers just how lucky she is, but she holds her position, firing a return shot at one of the bandits trying to kill her, drawing the enemy fire to give her companions the opportunity to close in on the rest of the bandits.

Composite Longbow/Bless vs Yellow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Adela hears Rhiann's order and follows her across the stream.

Raising her crossbow she snaps a hopeful shot at Yellow.

Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Noting that the trees around the camp are designed to catch arrows and bolts.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 2, Liz makes it back to the group. Rhiann fires an arrow towards the yellow bandit, but the arrow flies wide and misses. Lucky stares in surprise! Kressle moves 30 feet, dropping a dagger and pulling out a handaxe. Meanwhile, Adele mirrors her ally with an arrow at the yellow bandit but misses.

The blue bandit fires an arrow from behind the fallen log.
Blue Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Blue Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 8
The arrow files of Rhiann's head, missing!

In Round 3, the orange bandit shoots at Rhiann.
Orange Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Orange Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 3
The arrow punctures Rhiann's armor, injuring her!

Round 3
Orange 22
Liz 20
Purple 18 (10 damage, dead)
Rhiaan 18 (3 damage)
Erik 17
Yellow 17
Green 17
Lucky 16
Kressle
Adela 13
Alyssa 11
Teal 11 (12 damage, dead)
Blue 7
Party Buffs: Bless (+1 Attack & Fear Saves)

Bold may act!


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

A the arrow hits, Rhiann lets out a grunt of pain. She knew that at some point her luck would have to give out, though she'd hoped it would be a little longer.

Counting the enemies she could see, she considers her target, hoping those approaching from the other side would make their presence felt soon.

Waiting to post action, depending on what Liz does.


Female Druid 1HP10/10F4R0W5Init+4Per6 AC12T10FF12

Liz casts her Entangle spell just south of the campfire, causing plants and vines to spring up and grapple the bandits (40' radius spread)
This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

If the plants in the area are covered in thorns, those in the area take 1 point of damage each time they fail a save against the entangle or fail a check made to break free. Other effects, depending on the local plants, might be possible at GM discretion.


M Half-Elf Slayer(Sniper) 1 | HP: 12/12||AC 18, Touch 13, FF 15 | Init: +5 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3, +1 vs Mind Affecting +2 vs enchantment| CMB: +2, CMD: 15| Speed 30ft| Perc: +7, SM: + 5 | Active conditions: none

I have put Liz's entangle on the map as a green dashed circle, 40' radius. Hopefully it's where she wants it...

Erik steps foward and bends his bow again. Sighting carefully, he tries for the bandit on the observation platform...

5' step
Move Action - studied target on Orange
Standard action - shoot at Orange

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 17 vs Possibly entangled target (-4 dex = -2 AC)
+1 Bab +3 dex +1 studied Target
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6
+1 str +1 studied target


Rhiann Female Human Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +5 (+9 nonlethal environmental) Ref +4 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1| low-light vision

Breathing a sigh of relief as she hears Liz' voice intoning a spell and sees the now familiar sight of foliage and undergrowth reaching out to ensnare the bandits, Rhian targets the lookout who shot her, seeking to return the favor.

Composite Longbow/Bless vs Orange: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14 vs Possibly entangled target (-4 dex = -2 AC)
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Half-elf Sorceress (Fey Bloodline) 1| HP 8/8; AC 10 (14 with Mage Armor) (T10, FF 10 (14 with Mage Armor), CMD 8)| F:+1, R:+0, W+2 | Init +2; Perception +7; Low-light vision | Spells: 1st 4/5 | Active: Mage Armor

Alyssa is visibly relieved as Liz and Fifi come forward and the woman casts her signature spell. Unsure how she can contribute to the fight at this moment, she opts to wait, watching carefully in case the bandits send an arrow her way.

They might decide to move forward to escape Liz's vines. I'll be ready for them then.

Total Defense


Female Human Cleric 1. AC14/10/14. HP 10. Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5. Perception +8. Art

Adela notes Rhiann's wound and stays close. She lines up another shot at Orange.

crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Ack!

Even the trees are safe this time.

Adela has all her healing so is ready to aid Rhiann is required.


Kingdom | Hex Map | Combat Map | Quests

✧˚ · . The Thorn Ford Camp ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

In Round 3, Liz casts Entangle and the already lush forest bursts with more greenery! Tangling vines attempt to wrap around anything and anyone they can reach.
Blue Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Yellow Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Fail
Green Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Fail
Orange Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Fail
Kressle Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
(I'm following the initiative order like I did for the other combat.)

Meanwhile, Rhiann fires an arrow at the orange bandit, who has some cover from the higher vantage point but is pulled still by vines. The arrow lands in the bandit's leg. Erik follows Rhiann's arrow with one of his own. The second arrow hits the orange bandit, killing him.

The yellow and the green bandit are both Entangled but they don't attempt to move from their current position. Instead, they both continue to fire arrows at Rhiann!
Yellow Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Yellow Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 4
Green Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Green Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 1
Luckily for the human fighter, the vines seem to be distracting to the two bandits and they both miss their shot!

Lucky continues to stare in awe of her companions' fighting prowess.

Kressle, who managed to resist the twisting vines, moves awkwardly through the new terrain. She double moves and manages to escape the range of the groping plants.

Adela goes to load her crossbow but accidentally drops the bolt instead! Alyssa takes up a defensive stance, prepared for Kressle to approach!

The blue bandit fires at Rhiann.
Blue Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Blue Damage (Longbow): 1d8 ⇒ 4
The arrow hits!

Round 4
Orange 22 (14 damage, dead)
Liz 20
Purple 18 (10 damage, dead)
Rhiaan 18 (7 damage)
Erik 17
Yellow 17 (Entangled)
Green 17 (Entangled)
Lucky 16
Kressle 14
Adela 13
Alyssa 11 (Total Defense)
Teal 11 (12 damage, dead)
Blue 7
Party Buffs: Bless (+1 Attack & Fear Saves)

Bold may act!

101 to 150 of 424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Pinvendor's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.