[SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map
RPG Chronicles - sign up details here please.
Event listing
Rituals for planes of air, earth, fire and water...
chronciles


301 to 350 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"Well, maybe you are not mind controlled. No grith ever asked me my name. I am Orrian." says the voice that seems to come from the sword. "And yes, that is my body there." it adds.

"I never visited Akiton. Though I heard it went downhill after drift engines were invented."

The sword spins to address Option-8 "Most grioths are very militant— both their culture and society revolve around interstellar raids. A better question is, why did they stay? The answer is Mazdrun itself. The planet’s planar anomalies caused their arrival portals to falter, leaving them stranded. They could have devised a method to return home, but they didn’t. Something kept them here. I believe General Itharris is interested in the cenote that lays at the heart of Sangoro’s Bulwark. Of course, Mazdrun is also a prime site for voidglass production.

When Jek speaks, the sword rotates again. "This is all in my research. The younger generation, so slow to read the works of those who have gone before. Well, I could give you a quick summary of the Founders if you like? “They’re so fascinating and yet still such a mystery! We don’t even know what they looked like, except that they had twelve appendages—six legs and six arms. They revered the elemental planes and had a great affinity for planar magic. My theory is that Mazdrun used to orbit an unstable star that was doomed for destruction. To save their civilization, the Founders created a powerful construct by sacrificing their oldest and most powerful members. They used this construct to shift their planet to its current location, but I think something went awry with the ritual. The planet first shifted to the Plane of Fire and then to the Plane of Water, which devastated the surface. Countless people perished. The Founders had to sacrifice many more of their leaders than they originally intended in order to give the construct enough power to finish the ritual. I think this is how their civilization collapsed.

The sword bobs up and down. "Please, send on my data, I can all but sense my time coming to an end, and I have been here so, so long..."

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

If Option-8 can deem it safe before sending, (Not containing a virus, etc.) he will send it forth with Aid from the team.
"It may be prudent for all of us who have the skill to work on this."

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"Do you have any other last requests? A message to anyone, perhaps?"

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

The files are densely written in an archaic academic style. No chance a virus could survive that.

"... But thankyou...Starfinders..."

At that the sword drops to the ground, inert.

Mission completed.

With time on your side now, you have also been able to decipher some of the ritual steps that adorn the walls of the chamber. They seem to tie into the plane of earth somehow.

Time to select a new mission.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Still nursing a grudge against the sentient sword that slashed first and asked questions later, Twila-5 lets the others do the questioning as she silently helps Option-8 transmit the data. Maybe a museum will want this laptop.

Computers to Aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Next mission vote: Either Foul Laboratory or Founder's Vault

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Vote for Foul Laboratory

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Ahh, the foul laboratory.. You are quickly ushered into the halls of Sangoro's Bulwark and a portable command post occupied by VC Naiaj.

Naiaj is grim when she speaks. “Starfinders, you’re just in time. I’ve received reports of a laboratory nearby filled with unsettling machinery. The lab’s robotic defenders drove off our scouts and seem intent on destroying whatever is inside. Head there immediately and recover whatever data you can.

Time to make any preparations you want, buy equipment, rest up and then... check your location on the map on Slide one.

You can also claim the sword from the previous vault if you like. It is a voidglass hook sword

Status:
Ears weakened 3/4RP;
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Jekcedo Impaired; 1 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; b
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5 8sp

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

When you say rest up, does that include spell recovery? And do we get a chance to shed our poison-induced conditions?

"This sounds like a terrible idea. But if we're going into a heavily guarded grioth area, then we might want some sonic weapons. That voidglass wall was vulnerable to sonic vibration. Their battle constructs might be too. "

Actually let me check that. Ears will try a mysticism check against the voidglass golem

Mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears will draw a perforator sonic pistol and battery from stores. i.e. buy it He leaves his arc pistol behind in his quarters.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Nope, that is really just the ten minute break to recover SP. No rest for wicked starfinders so far in this scenario.

The team starts just outside the lab (technically off the edge of the map). FEel free to describe what your approach to the mission will be.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Twila-5 will spend 1 RP to regain her SP. She's not trained in the sword's weapon type. Her location on the first slide looks good.

"Well, if they're destroying stuff, we probably shouldn't. So probably no frag grenades. Maybe we can hack into their system to shut down the robots? That might take time we don't have, though. Thoughts?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

I did 1-1. I'll spend 1 RP too and get a grenade came back from a funderal yesterday sorry for the delay. long drive

Dirk shows the sword his dermal. "See I'm a Starfinder!"
----

"Hack? I can be back up but I'm not too good breaking into a firewall!" Dirk looks at his weapons "but if we get into a fight I'm all good!"

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"I'm ready to go. I think getting the info is the priority, those of us without computer skills can hold off any trouble we find so they can get their work done quickly."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

The entrance to the laboratory is rough-hewn and filthy, with
dirt and dried smears of an unidentifiable fluid coating the floor.

Status:
Ears weakened 3/4RP;
Dirk weakened; 2/3RP;
Jekcedo Impaired; 1 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; b
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5 4/5rp;

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Before we go in Jek is going to cast Remove Condition to remove the weakened condition from Ears and Dirk. I had cast Remove Condition Back when we were freeing the prisoners. That should just leave Jek Impaired.

"Hope that helps everyone to feel like themselves again."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ashbourne, thanks, but keep the spell and don't remove condition from Ears. The weakened state isn't so bad and as a back liner he's less likely than Dirk or Dhomer to face Con saves. And we might really need the spell power. Or un-impair Jek. I imagine this is going to be a fight too.

Ears looks at the floor. "Ew. Whose bodily fluid crusts do you think those are? Or what's....?"

The ysoki steps to the edge of the stairs. "What's going on down there?"

The oriental rug looking patterns have me intrigued. I suggest south first.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Twila-5 slips past him, whispering: "Let's find out." She quietly pads down the stairs along the wall, looking for traps as she goes, and stops just before stepping on a marked section of the floor or before she triggers a trap that she perceives.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

It would be remote radioactivity that you needed for this, the weakened and impaired conditions are not statu's that remove condition M1/2 can fix.

The "Rugs" are in reality large vats of ...unpleasant... shaded liquids shapes swirl within them... arghh...it's humanoid! It's not just a shape. Turning your attention to the other you swallow hard and make out its shape.... as a craggolk!

Feeling unwell, you are further dismayed to notice movement coming from further two the south as two robots from further south fly toward you!

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Status: init, if you beat a 24 you may post a regular rounds action as well.
Ears weakened 3/4RP;
Dirk weakened; 2/3RP;
Jekcedo Impaired; 1 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; b
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5 4/5rp;

Robot blue
robot red

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Twila! Look out."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Keeping things moving, as it is possible but unlikely that Twila or Dhomer could act first..f

twilia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
dhomer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The lead two robots open fire on Ears, evidently not having noticed Twila's stealthy approach.

attack Ears EAC 16: 2d20 ⇒ (10, 3) = 13
ouch: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Status:
Ears weakened ; 3sp damage;3/4RP;
Dirk weakened; 2/3RP;
Jekcedo Impaired; 1 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; b
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5 4/5rp; (stealthed)

Robot blue
robot red
Robot green
robot pink

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"Dirk, Dhomer, get up here! NOW!"

Ears sidesteps to the corner of the wall for cover and draws his pistol. He peels off a shot at the 'bot nearest Twila.

Move as shown. Draw weapon as part of movement.
semi-auto pistol, tactical v red KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 ... damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 ( critical -; Analog)

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek takes 2 move actions drawing a frag and a shock grenade one on each move. Jek is careful staying close to the opposite wall, to avoid Twila-5 so as to not draw attention to her. As Jek turns down the path to the right side of the map Jek yes at the robots. "Over here." Jek waves at the robots hoping to keep them distracted.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

"I'm here Ears!" Dirk shouts as he moves up solar weapon in hand. "Coming! At me clankers!"

double move

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 moves forward drawing his pistol as he goes and targets Red.

Static Arc Pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
E Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer staggers around at the staircase and then moves up to try to stand the tide.

1 Entropy point for start of combat, 1 entropy for double moving

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Gingerly stepping around the mass of humanoid on the ground before her and deliberately *not* thinking about that yet (definitely not!), Twila-5 slides along the wall, drawing her static shock pistol while padding silently forward to stand beside Dhomer. She takes aim at the red bot and fires.

Trick attack (Stealth): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
DC = 20 + target's CR
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Okay, maybe she *was* thinking about that--a little too much.


VC Australia - WA

House GM post

"Dozens of Starfinders have been freed from captivity!" lxthia announces. "Against all odds, these stalwart Starfinders survived the original assault on Sangoro's Bulwark and have languished for years as prisoners under cruel grioth rule. Now freed from their bonds, those still able and willing have taken up arms and joined the fight to overthrow their captors."

"Welcome back, Starfinders. You've been missed." Naiaj nods her head in respect. "But there's no time for a tearful reunion now. The enemy's not beaten yet!"

Table GMs, the Unexpected Reinforcements condition is now in effect.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Are the robots near anything we shouldn't damage?

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Ears shoots the red robot, his bullet pings through it, sending sparks everywhere. "New target identified." it says. Well, not in common as such, but you are pretty sure that is what it means.

Jek draws a pair of grenades and heads down the side wall, trying to distract them as well. More laser tracker land on him.

Dirk then charges forward. With unfortunate consequences. A grenade goes off. It appears there was a trap in the room that Twila missed.
An explosion rattles everyone in the room.
bang, F damage, ref DC 14 for half: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 2) = 10
Even more unfortunately the two big tanks, made of glass, don't take kindly at all to the explosion and also shatter. Dirk tries to avoid the acidic contents, not to mention the very creepy and now dead Starfinder from his side.
acid damage, ref DC17 for half: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 4) = 12

Twilia is just out of the immediate splash radius, although a craggolk flops weakly at her feet.
No combat relevant to the creatures from the acied

But maybe it was not that unfortunate as the first two robots also get splashed.
refx2: 2d20 ⇒ (14, 10) = 24
they can do better than that refx2: 2d20 ⇒ (5, 18) = 23
The red robot is almost totally submerged and looks to be in a very bad state.

Option runs forward and quickly finishes off the red robot. While Dhomher seeing the mess runs straight for it. This is his type of situation!
Twila stays very quiet, distracted by the flapping craggolk.

The blue robot fires at the mess inducing Dirk.
attack vs EAC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 20 crit
E damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

The two new robot dash forward to intercept Dirk and Dhomer.
attack Dirk vs KAC 18: 1d20 ⇒ 16 hit
B damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
attack Dhomer vs KAC 20: 1d20 ⇒ 15 Hit
B damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Status: Bold to post
Ears weakened ; 3sp damage;3/4RP;
Jekcedo Impaired; 1 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; reflex DC14 vs 10/5 F damage;
Dirk weakened;15sp damage; 2/3RP; reflex DC14 vs 10/5 F damage; reflex DC 17 vs 12 acid damage;
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 15sp damage;
Twila-5 4/5rp; (stealthed); reflex DC14 vs 10/5 F damage;

Robot blue 6 damage;
Robot green
robot pink

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Jek moves into range and then throws a shock grenade aiming 5 feet behind blue to get all the robots in the area of effect but miss people on the team.

MK2 Shock Grenade: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage electrical 15'r: 1d12 ⇒ 10
DC 13 for 1/2 damage

Jek will use the bodyguard as a reaction to help anyone next to them during the next attack.
[ooc][/ooc]

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to dodge.

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

He attacks the robot next to him. But a drop of acid hits the side of his face near his eye and he turns away, missing.

"Arrgh"

solar weapon slashing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

including the -2

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 moves forward and targets the one that has been injured, Blue.

Static Arc Pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
E Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jek tosses a grenaderef DC13 Pink,green,blue: 3d20 ⇒ (17, 20, 6) = 43
He must have tossed it a bit far, because the front two robots avoid the worst of the blast. The blue one at the back is blasted to pieces.

Dirk Who still needs to make his second reflex save strikes out when trying to use his new powers against the robot in front of him.

Option, seeing little to choose between the two remaining robots, picks on the green one, which is looking much the worse for wear now.

Status: Harrying fire: available; Bold to post
Ears weakened ; 3sp damage;3/4RP;
Dhomer 15sp damage;
Twila-5 4/5rp; (stealthed); reflex DC14 vs 10/5 F damage;

Robot green 14 damage
robot pink 7 damage
Jekcedo Impaired; 6 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP;
Dirk weakened;20sp damage; 2/3RP; ; reflex DC 17 vs 12 acid damage;
Option-8 Weakened.

Conditions
Group:
Unbreakable resolve:
+4 to each of your initiative and +2 to will waves
Unexpected reinforcements: Once per combat, call down harrying fire on an opponent.

Individuals
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears sees a small group of ragged looking Starfinders come into the first chamber behind him. He waves them on, hustles down the stairs and pulls up behind Dhomer. "Get the one, there!"

I'll try the Unexpected harrying fire against green. Ears himself moves as shown (Draws a grenade) and shoots at purple.

semi-auto pistol, tactical v purple KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 ... damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 P ( critical -; Analog)

crit damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Oww! That worked out great!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Woohoo, Ears! Max damage on a crit!

Reflex DC 14 for half of 10 damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Success for 5 SP damage

Disturbed beyond belief, Twila-5 tumbles back before aiming a shot at the green robot.

Trick Attack (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
DC = 20 + target's CR
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Electric damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Trick attack damage, if applicable: 1d8 ⇒ 8

This time her hand is steady.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer knows he's got to get to take advantage while he can. He calls upon the entropy he's gathered so far and makes one big punch.

spending 1 entropy point

Entropic Strike vs Green's EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Acid Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (3) = 12

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Ears takes out the purple robot with a single shot through its visual sensor. "Boomb"

Twila then does the same with the second robot. Dhomer makes sure they are not "playing dead", scattering their remains around the room before realizing that someone is going to have to tidy the place up. Probably him.

Combat over

You search through the area and find only two rooms of particular interest.

The first is an undamaged lab... Computers, life science, medicine or mysticism check, your choice. One per character

Status: Harrying fire: available;
Ears weakened ; 3sp damage;3/4RP;
Dhomer 15sp damage;
Twila-5 5sp damage; 4/5rp;
Jekcedo Impaired; 6 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP;
Dirk weakened;20sp damage; 2/3RP; ; reflex DC 17 vs 12 acid damage;
Option-8 Weakened.

Conditions
Group:
Unbreakable resolve: +4 to each of your initiative and +2 to will waves
Unexpected reinforcements: Once per combat, call down harrying fire on an opponent.

Individuals
Weakened - Con track poison damage;
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer strokes his chin, looking over the lab.

Life Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Giving the floppy beings a wide berth, Twila-5 strides to a computer station. On the surface, she's looking for any useful information; what she really wants to find is an explanation for the people-puddles. <shudder>

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to move out of the way again.

REF: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

- - -

He glances at the parts.

at least no one was hurt bad

Computers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"I'm used to field hospital equipment, some of this kind of looks like medical equipment but not in a friendly way. I'll try to figure out what ti's used for."Jek examines the equipment and the body of the dead Starfinder as well.

Jek uses shirren Communalism, best of 2 rolls
Medicine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Medicine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Searching the lab, Dhomer is the first to make a discovery. It appears that a grith known as Eclipse Seer Remthaize has been “re-programming” the minds of captured Starfinders, turning them into sleeper agents. Much of the data deals with these brainwashing methods and could prove useful in helping any affected Starfinders with their recovery.

Twila finds out that a few sleeper agents have already been dispatched throughout the universe. The robots were attempting to delete these locations from the database to protect these agents’ identities, but were interrupted by your arrival. Most of the names and locations can be recovered.

Dirk locates information that indicates The leader of the grioths is General Itharris. As a “Vessel for the Void,” she has been gifted with special powers. She wears a voidglass containment suit, which keeps her body stable and prevents “the voice” from consuming her entirely.

Jekcedo then almost finds nothing, but Dirk helpfuly bumps a bench at the right time, revealing a note book showing that Eclipse Seer Remthaize collected samples from General Itharris and tried to imbue the test subjects with them. All these experiments have been lethal, save for “Subject Y3.” The corpses of failed experiments are stored in the vats for further study.

Pressing on the for momment
You continue to search the lab, and find out what presumably is "subject Y3". There is a single vat in the room labeled “Subject Y3.” Unlike the other vats, the specimen inside this vat is alive and in suspended animation

Computers or medicine check if you wish to awaken them

They appear to be a ysoki. A hairless ysoki. A ten foot tall, hairless ysoki...

Status: Harrying fire: available; Bold to do lab checks
Option-8 Weakened.
Ears weakened ; 3sp damage;3/4RP;

Dhomer 15sp damage;
Twila-5 5sp damage; 4/5rp;
Jekcedo Impaired; 6 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP;
Dirk weakened; 26sp damage; 2/3RP;

Conditions
Group:
Unbreakable resolve: +4 to each of your initiative and +2 to will waves
Unexpected reinforcements: Once per combat, call down harrying fire on an opponent.

Individuals
Weakened - Con track poison damage;
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"I can't crack the code on this but I might be able to get the setting right for an awakening sequence." Jek does their best to set the setting to aid the compute check.

Medicine to aid comptuers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Jek redies a Stickybomb Grenade in case it is one of the sleeper agents.
"If this is a sleeper agent we might need to be ready to subdue them, better to not have to kill one of our own."

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 examines the Lab if that is still needed.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Then tries to awaken the Ysoki with Jekcedo's help.

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Y3 emerges from their vat looking... confused... But they certainly don't attack. Being unable to get much more out of them, you escort Y3 back to the main starfinder base and leave them with some very surprised medics.

Mission success! Want to try another? We have about two days before moving on to the next stage. First to two votes if you want to try a fifth mission.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek votes for Survivers, talking to them might give us clues for the rest of the missions

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Go for survivors.

301 to 350 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.